Total votes: 8
Arcbell
The Mark
Posts in topic: 448
Preferred Pronouns: he/him
Aka: Object

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D3

Post by Arcbell »

I'm assuming split votes work the same way it does on my home forum which is it just gets randed between the top votes
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 361
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they/them
Aka: Luminous

Post by Lumi »

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:10 pm
Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:02 pm
Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:00 pm
Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:50 pm
Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:41 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:37 pm
Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:20 pm Holy shit guys if the coin assigns AFTER mac's steal we can use the vote count to help determine who has the coin
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Like, it's not our wincon. Mac did lovely work for town. But he also forgot to search for the coin 2/3 times. If he gets it and wins with us, that's great. But us winning is the only priority, for me at least.

We should just try to hit mafia.

I want to hear from DDL and Porscha. And then I don't mind an early hammer.
Our wincon does take priority but all this can be done without harming town's wincon at all, and goodwill goes a long way, we don't want mac actively playing against us because he doesn't think we'll help him. Plus I just can't resist extra mechanics :>
As long as Mac does not have the coin, his win con is to kill town. He's already going to be playing against us in that sense
We can voluntarily set a lot more stuff up that helps him than any benefit he could derive from tricking us, so I think his wincon is best served by convincing us he's helping us which I think he currently is.
What can we set up? The coin gives its holder a beloved modifier, it doesn't remove the holders vote power
Well the preferring to yeet his townreads all else being equal for us is one thing, then setting up the policy to leave anyone claiming maf for last and giving people being yeeted the opportunity to make that claim to let him win, then so ok..

.. if the coin assignment randed after the steal (which you mentioned it probably doesn't so this is probably moot) we could split votes between 2 scumreads and if one of them has the coin the other one gets eliminated at EoD timer. Not sure if NANOOK would announce a rand, even if he doesn't it still increases the probability that the person who wasn't randed to has the coin a la monty hall problem. If NANOOK does announce rand then we know neither has the coin.
I seriously doubt anyone is going to actually hard claim mafia just to help Mac win. Doing that is game throwing.

I don't think nanook will announce rands, but we can try it.

Assuming you pick two wagons at random and tie them, then the probability that the survivor has the coin is 2/n as opposed to 1/n so ya, that actually helps Mac a lot and doesn't really negatively impact our winning chances, let's do that
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

I'm so glad you guys understand my old group would've been like wtf is this we're just going to hammer mafia
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Actually I just asked nanook and ties are broken in mafia's favor so a tied vote will never kill a mafia.

Although a practical application of the monty hall problem is exciting. It does not offset my enthusiasm for guaranteeing a town death today.
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:26 pm Actually I just asked nanook and ties are broken in mafia's favor so a tied vote will never kill a mafia.

Although a practical application of the monty hall problem is exciting. It does not offset my enthusiasm for guaranteeing a town death today.
Ebwodp it does not offset my lack of enthusiasm
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 111

Post by srceenplay »

:eye:
Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:26 pm Actually I just asked nanook and ties are broken in mafia's favor so a tied vote will never kill a mafia.

Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:28 pm :eye:

Do you have any thoughts? You're likely dying today
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:38 pm
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:28 pm :eye:

Do you have any thoughts? You're likely dying today
ATM no but I gather some later
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Dyslexicon »

Does Mac exit the game if he gets the coin?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'd rather we just vote whoever is the likeliest mafia.

Want to hear from DDL now
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 274

Post by MacDougall »

no I have to ensure town wins still
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:42 pm no I have to ensure town wins still
If the day ends with a tied vote, you should search the person that survived as they are twice as likely to have the coin compared to the baseline rand rate
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

We are not tying votes if town is guaranteed to die.
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Aww yea okay this doesn't work then lol sorry mac
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:57 pm

I mean, it does still work mathematically.

But it's just not pro town in how it works, so we shouldn't do it
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My fault really for not targeting n1 and n3.

Guess I'll just rely on the mafia doing well. Go mafia!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Here we go last wolf here we go
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:59 pm
Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:57 pm

I mean, it does still work mathematically.

But it's just not pro town in how it works, so we shouldn't do it
Yeah, as much as I want to be nice, guaranteeing we don't lim a maf is a pretty significant drawback lol
Mizery
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 434

Post by Mizery »

can we please hammer srceen
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

The upshot is that mac gets his ~2/n chance each night regardless since we learned it takes the coin from the person before and after the rand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

Mizery wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:13 pm can we please hammer srceen
What is your reason to just lynch me?
Got somewhere to be?
Something to do?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 441
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:41 pm I'd rather we just vote whoever is the likeliest mafia.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:16 pm The upshot is that mac gets his ~2/n chance each night regardless since we learned it takes the coin from the person before and after the rand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You talk like you don't expect or want to chop mafia today.

HMMMMMMMMM
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, let's not hammer before DDL and Porscha gets here
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Catching up.

The next game I host will have a "anyone who uses the term game throwing will be modkilled on the spot". Such an angle-shooty, disgusting phrase.

Since there are four pages left to read and I don't wanna talk about the present until I'm done, let's talk about the past. I ISO'd HK and my impression is he spent A LOT of posts townreading A LOT of people. He had lists of townreads left and right. Is there scum in those townreads? Seems logical. But there are so many of them it's probably impossible to figure out from them. Dude made some good anti-spew work imo.

Little in the way of wolfreads though. In terms if wolfreads, HK would pick one person and park. Day 1 it was falcon (and I think Rondo iirc). Day 2, Jack. Day 3, he didn't vote.

I'm saying all this because I'm having a hard time imagining a wolf who just lost a teammate, whether that was intentional or not, parks on the other teammate on Day 2. Say what you want about wanting to control the night kill, the drawback if having to spend a whole game alone doesn't seem worth it. Because of that, I'm pretty confident on Jack being town.

Back to the ketchup.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I’m unvoting for now
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:46 pm Catching up.

The next game I host will have a "anyone who uses the term game throwing will be modkilled on the spot". Such an angle-shooty, disgusting phrase.

Since there are four pages left to read and I don't wanna talk about the present until I'm done, let's talk about the past. I ISO'd HK and my impression is he spent A LOT of posts townreading A LOT of people. He had lists of townreads left and right. Is there scum in those townreads? Seems logical. But there are so many of them it's probably impossible to figure out from them. Dude made some good anti-spew work imo.

Little in the way of wolfreads though. In terms if wolfreads, HK would pick one person and park. Day 1 it was falcon (and I think Rondo iirc). Day 2, Jack. Day 3, he didn't vote.

I'm saying all this because I'm having a hard time imagining a wolf who just lost a teammate, whether that was intentional or not, parks on the other teammate on Day 2. Say what you want about wanting to control the night kill, the drawback if having to spend a whole game alone doesn't seem worth it. Because of that, I'm pretty confident on Jack being town.

Back to the ketchup.
Who said gamethrowing
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:43 pm
Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:16 pm The upshot is that mac gets his ~2/n chance each night regardless since we learned it takes the coin from the person before and after the rand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You talk like you don't expect or want to chop mafia today.

HMMMMMMMMM
my desire to chop mafia today is merely in a different room, I still have it
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Mizery wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:13 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:46 pm Catching up.

Back to the ketchup.
Who said gamethrowing
*gasp*
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Look, this isn't personal and I don't wanna start a thing, though maybe I just did.

But gamethrowing is against forum rules. If you think someone is doing it, message the mods, don't say it in public.

And it is often used to attack people who have non-meta playstyles. Which is mean and elitist.

Or in this game's case, when I said I would have few posts in day 2 because I was enjoying easter weekend with my family and Rondo replied by calling me a gamethrower and a slanker. :suspish:

So please don't do that, okay?
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:43 pm Look, this isn't personal and I don't wanna start a thing, though maybe I just did.

But gamethrowing is against forum rules. If you think someone is doing it, message the mods, don't say it in public.

And it is often used to attack people who have non-meta playstyles. Which is mean and elitist.

Or in this game's case, when I said I would have few posts in day 2 because I was enjoying easter weekend with my family and Rondo replied by calling me a gamethrower and a slanker. :suspish:

I mean, I agree it shouldn't be used to manipulate or put people down, or to deter people from using certain strategies, but sometimes when discussing hypothetical strategies you do need a word for playing against your win condition and that word is game throwing
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[bbvideo][/bbvideo]
Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:59 pm Actually if someone about to be yeeted *does* claim mafia I vow to leave them for last so mac can win
I'm mafia.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Joking.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:48 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:43 pm Look, this isn't personal and I don't wanna start a thing, though maybe I just did.

I mean, I agree it shouldn't be used to manipulate or put people down, or to deter people from using certain strategies, but sometimes when discussing hypothetical strategies you do need a word for playing against your win condition and that word is game throwing
Yeah ok thats fair.

So my rule would be more specific: "don't accuse people of gamethrowing"
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Yea that's a good rule
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh Mac stole my joke.

Catching up sucks.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Did you guys just make me read 3 pages of coin talk.

Why.

Here 's my opinion. We can't control who the coin lands on, so it is a nothingburger. Mac's wincon is irrelavant to us, so we shouldn't give a shit about it (sorry Mac).

You people need to play some games from my home site sometime, then you will know the feeling of being utterly destroyed by 3P's so well you will never raise your voice to talk about helping a 3P again.

Let's kill wolves plz.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok caught up.

Ive made my point about coins and scrooges above.

My point about NAA is that I have no idea but I don't usually spend much time doing NKA so whatever.

I have at least a small town read on everyone except screen so PoE says kill screen. If you want more just search my iso for that post where I described what I think of everyone, it hasn't changed much since.

[VOTE: srceen] aubergine

Tomorrow will be an insane day at work so if you want to talk to me or ask me questions you have two hours.

(Please talk to me nobody is asking me questions anymore and I feel lonely)
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:48 pm

I fully agree with this take and don't think anyone has made any accusations of gamethrowing during this day phase. And if they have then I clearly missed it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Like you guys need to play a game with two cults and one jester some time.

Or a role that can create a different, secret post restriction every day and get infinite kills against whoever breaks it.

Or a role that is completely immortal and changes between town and mafia whenever it is hit with a kill.

Or a role that passively makes every action in the game have a 5% of being randomly misdirected to a random target, including the user.

Or a zombie cult.

Or a role named God who is based on an old testament version and who has like 6 different ways to smite players.

Or the Moon from Majora's Mask who can end the game in 3 days and nullify all other abilities used against it because it "destroyed the game table", according to the host.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So "lets help the 3P" my ass.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

accusing people of gamethrowing is like just >rand w in general in my experience so like
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

I think i already talked about this lmfao
it's a form of ate
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:18 pm Like you guys need to play a game with two cults and one jester some time.

Or a role that can create a different, secret post restriction every day and get infinite kills against whoever breaks it.

Or a role that is completely immortal and changes between town and mafia whenever it is hit with a kill.

Or a role that passively makes every action in the game have a 5% of being randomly misdirected to a random target, including the user.

Or a zombie cult.

Or a role named God who is based on an old testament version and who has like 6 different ways to smite players.

Or the Moon from Majora's Mask who can end the game in 3 days and nullify all other abilities used against it because it "destroyed the game table", according to the host.
Lol

I've wanted to try a weak version of a cultist: Demonic Cultist - May give a player the option to sign their soul away and join their cult once per night. Each signature grants the head cultist a new power, and if someone refuses they lose power / die / something bad
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:18 pm Like you guys need to play a game with two cults and one jester some time.

Or a zombie cult.

1) I don't think anyone is really that interested in helping 3p right now, but I appreciate the additional vote of confidence.
2) Despite that, Mac is still not like any of those 3p's you mentioned and comparing an explicitly town-aligned 3p that can only win if town also wins with any of those is just a little bit silly
3) Those sound like interesting roles, what's your home site?
4) You should probably post some game related thoughts, justify your reads on people, especially because you're going to be busy tomorrow
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:18 pm So "lets help the 3P" my ass.
I mean not all 3P are the same. This one is pretty townsided as they go. It literally can't win if town loses
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:24 pm

Or a zombie cult.

Lol

I've wanted to try a weak version of a cultist: Demonic Cultist - May give a player the option to sign their soul away and join their cult once per night. Each signature grants the head cultist a new power, and if someone refuses they lose power / die / something bad
Personal experience: roles that offer "deals with the devil" to players get rejected 90% of the time. Players get really paranoid at that stuff for some reason. Ive tried a few times, they've never worked.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:27 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:18 pm So "lets help the 3P" my ass.
I mean not all 3P are the same. This one is pretty townsided as they go. It literally can't win if town loses
It currently can't win if town wins too.
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:36 pm
Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:24 pm

Or a zombie cult.

Lol

Personal experience: roles that offer "deals with the devil" to players get rejected 90% of the time. Players get really paranoid at that stuff for some reason. Ive tried a few times, they've never worked.
Damn
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@lag

What reads? I made a big post on day 3 where I explained all. Its barely changed since then. Are there any you want elaboration on? (Please don't say all, I'm on phone and tired)

The site's name is FanVerse, formely named Naruto Forums.

Return to “Previous Heists”