Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 135

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:02 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:01 am
lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:59 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:57 am
NateTheLesser wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:50 am I vibe with the discomfort, though. It seems pretty common on MU to offer early reads on the whole player list, which is foreign to me.
Speaking for myself, I like making day 1 reads because:

1. It causes people to do shit
2. My ability to make reads doesn't require heaps of content and tbh sometimes it's hindered by it... I would say in the main my reads have an arc curve in terms of accuracy. They start off good, get worse during mid game, and then get good at endgame lol.
mine are exponential, currently 0
Are you holding back from making them or do you genuinely not have any?
latter
What sort of actions or inactions do you consider alignment indicative to a degree that makes you comfortable giving a read?
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 680
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

@Dyslexicon Two things

1) What is your favourite kind of burrito
B) What is your game state read?
%) If you had a vig who is gone and why?
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:03 am
NateTheLesser wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:50 am I vibe with the discomfort, though. It seems pretty common on MU to offer early reads on the whole player list, which is foreign to me.

2. My ability to make reads doesn't require heaps of content and tbh sometimes it's hindered by it... I would say in the main my reads have an arc curve in terms of accuracy. They start off good, get worse during mid game, and then get good at endgame lol.
latter
What sort of actions or inactions do you consider alignment indicative to a degree that makes you comfortable giving a read?
couldn’t tell you, i heavily psychoanalyze and look for intentions and how wolves would play a scenario. i’m not used to playing no PR games so that’s what i’m at, or games with strangers, i can say i’ll get better. and i can say i am nonetheless accurate. you can ask ender and jjj or iso my 269 messages from the champs game i just played (g7)
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:03 am @Dyslexicon Two things

1) What is your favourite kind of burrito
B) What is your game state read?
%) If you had a vig who is gone and why?
@fingersplints and @Marmot same question.
(Fingersplints cant say me just calling it ahead of time)
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

like this is my second game of all VT/goon’s. and probably third with more than 5 VT’s lol
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

NateTheLesser
The Mark
Posts in topic: 334
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by NateTheLesser »

Yeah. I guess I'm pro-"day 1 reads", anti-"day 1 reads for the sake of having a read". It can be difficult to tell the difference between a read that feels fake because a wolf is trying to appear uninformed, and a read that feels fake because a townie felt like they should have an opinion and came up with something.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:09 am

latter
couldn’t tell you, i heavily psychoanalyze and look for intentions and how wolves would play a scenario. i’m not used to playing no PR games so that’s what i’m at, or games with strangers, i can say i’ll get better. and i can say i am nonetheless accurate. you can ask ender and jjj or iso my 269 messages from the champs game i just played (g7)
the way you've chosen to interact with rondo would indicate that you don't find his intentions or how he is playing suspect despite feeling rather perturbed by it... is that a fair assumption?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:10 am like this is my second game of all VT/goon’s. and probably third with more than 5 VT’s lol
Its a bit of a clusterfuck isnt it?

I gets better day 2 when some people have died and we have info
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NateTheLesser wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 am

Yeah. I guess I'm pro-"day 1 reads", anti-"day 1 reads for the sake of having a read". It can be difficult to tell the difference between a read that feels fake because a wolf is trying to appear uninformed, and a read that feels fake because a townie felt like they should have an opinion and came up with something.
i guess it's worth point out that rarely do i make an entirely fake read lol...

not that i don't, but rarely... i just usually don't have to
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 am

latter
the way you've chosen to interact with rondo would indicate that you don't find his intentions or how he is playing suspect despite feeling rather perturbed by it... is that a fair assumption?
i generally dislike a lack of seriousness, but i don’t find it suspect at all cause it’s a normal if not common playstyle
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:13 am

latter
i generally dislike a lack of seriousness, but i don’t find it suspect at all cause it’s a normal if not common playstyle
granted, I am not sure he'd agree with your appraisal that he isn't being serious...

am I to take it that you simply don't find his play suspicious, or do you actually find it likely townie?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:14 am

latter
granted, I am not sure he'd agree with your appraisal that he isn't being serious...

am I to take it that you simply don't find his play suspicious, or do you actually find it likely townie?
i find it NAI, so yeah not suspicious
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

latter

I do take my frivolity seriously.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:16 am

latter

so just to be clear, you simply don't have reads... this isn't a matter of you intentionally refusing to read into matters?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:17 am

so just to be clear, you simply don't have reads... this isn't a matter of you intentionally refusing to read into matters?
yeah, i simply don’t have them. anything else? i gotta sleep around now
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:19 am

Catch you, Try to avoid Wiggly's dreams, Nate the greater will see you
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sure I guess I have one last thing.

It seems to stand to reason that your plan in this game is to wait for some flips to assess from there. If that's the case, why have you made >100 posts on day 1?
Alison
Posts in topic: 347
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:33 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:31 pm I mean I think Rondo has just been full of shit this game.
Why are you so concerned with Rondo? Do you feel like this is pushing the game forward in a productive way?
I think he's mafia. Yes.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:31 pm I mean I think Rondo has just been full of shit this game.
Why are you so concerned with Rondo? Do you feel like this is pushing the game forward in a productive way?
I think he's mafia. Yes.
Reeeeeally?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I think he's mafia. Yes.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:23 am
I think he's mafia. Yes.
Reeeeeally?
Hahahahah
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 0]

Post by Alison »

Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:57 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:20 pm @boquise How good would you say JJJ is at reading you?
I think he has a good track record though that is based on just a few games:

JJJ was one of the few players in S7 semi who correctly town read me. That was a game where basically everyone else hardcore tunnelled me (which was exhausting and confidence-murdering since my quali was like that too but worse).

Iirc, JJJ correctly town read me as a spectator in both my quali and finale game last season. Also one comment I always remember from my vanity reading is JJJ's observation during the semi. He was happy that to see me take lead and actually try to be dominant with my reads. I don't include this game as a correct read because I was outed PR, but still! It is one of those little things that motivates me to improve tbh, and I think JJJ as a player will keep an eye on these little things in this game.

Basically, how JJJ got his read on me is how I expect him to read me, and he keeps being accurate tbh
Cool.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think he's mafia. Yes.
Reeeeeally?
Yes.

What has he done to make you doubt my scumread?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:21 am

It seems to stand to reason that your plan in this game is to wait for some flips to assess from there. If that's the case, why have you made >100 posts on day 1?
i did that last forum game and had a few townslips and was instantly townread by half the lobby, same happened this game. it’s good strategy and i’m exploiting my newness, it won’t work for long because eventually i won’t be new. and i’ll talk significantly less during the week when i’m working
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 714
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:56 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:53 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:50 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:43 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:32 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:41 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:36 pm I don't entirely like it.
What's your thoughts on me tbh
Cuter than a cuttlefish.
Oh so I don't make you nervous tbh?
Should you?
Idk tbh, you felt nervous before when we spoke tbh
Uh.

Alright.

Definitely not the impression I had on my emotive state.

Of the people who would actively make me nervous if I was wolf you're behind several names =P (Not a hit on you, but there are people in this game who are semi-familiar with my play and I can't be careless around em.)
Hehe oh well, perhaps it was a power fantasy when I read your answer to my early D0 question tbh :p
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:58 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:56 pm I'mma go back to sleep tbh

Mac, could you explain your Lucy and Seanze and JJJ read? Tell me what it is you see tbh
could you please explain your sleep vote?
...I am not voting sleep?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:24 am
I think he's mafia. Yes.
Reeeeeally?
Yes.

The classic "what have I done for you lately?"
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think he's mafia. Yes.
Reeeeeally?
Yes.

Plotting the exact same chaotic path through the game he always seems to when he's town including reacting exactly as I'd expect him to when I made a baseless townread on him to bait the reaction I was looking for to solidify the read?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:09 am

Mac, could you explain your Lucy and Seanze and JJJ read? Tell me what it is you see tbh
you want me to explain why I have them as town?
Didn't you have them as scum, aside from JJJ?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Boquise wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:25 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:58 pm

could you please explain your sleep vote?
...I am not voting sleep?
It was a meme sir tbh nothing more tbqh
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:24 am

i did that last forum game and had a few townslips and was instantly townread by half the lobby, same happened this game. it’s good strategy and i’m exploiting my newness, it won’t work for long because eventually i won’t be new. and i’ll talk significantly less during the week when i’m working
So you made all these posts in order to get yourself towncleared?

After having observed that you accidentally did that the first time.

Hmmm.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:15 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:45 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:43 pm I have been told by many people about the mythical Creature Spam.

I have yet to see it actually happen.
I think a decent portion of my perspective is derived from recent surfing around MU as I compiled statistics and saw Creature with a million posts in X or Y games. Have you played with him often
Creature definitely posts more as town than scum and had a defeatist persona as scum where he hardly posted. However he has improved a lot during these last years tbh.

Iirc I spearheaded a Creature misyeet in our first game and everyone chastised me on how it was obvious Creature town meta lmao
Creature is a good player and his meta tells both exist and are over exaggerated and not consistently valid.

He is however readable by virtue of other things, mainly what emotions he is exhibiting in the context of what faction is ahead or behind.
I played a game with him recently where the scum was allergic to killing town me and town Alexa out of ego so we stomped them. He was intensely pessimistic the whole time. We exed a mafia every day except for the day that a scum outed to hammer a townie, and he was moaning about how we were doomed as we proceeded to policy the last mafia for making that hammer.

So I dunno that him being sad when his faction is losing is a reliable tell. He seems to be a very pessimistic person to me in general, tbh.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:26 am
I think he's mafia. Yes.
Reeeeeally?
Yes.

Plotting the exact same chaotic path through the game he always seems to when he's town including reacting exactly as I'd expect him to when I made a baseless townread on him to bait the reaction I was looking for to solidify the read?
Wait, so you dont have a town tell on me? Its been GUESSWORK this WHOLE TIME?!
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Boquise wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:26 am

Didn't you have them as scum, aside from JJJ?
This is why I asked him to clarify @lucy.

I joke voted Seanzie and I my early pressure on Lucy succumbed very fast. I had made a list of reads prior to you asking me this question lol.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:25 pm Alison deciding to expend energy on day 1 on antagonising a player who is know to be capable of disruptive anti town play as town reeks to me.
Or I just think they're scum and am trying to get them killed.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:27 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:43 pm I have been told by many people about the mythical Creature Spam.

I think a decent portion of my perspective is derived from recent surfing around MU as I compiled statistics and saw Creature with a million posts in X or Y games. Have you played with him often
Creature definitely posts more as town than scum and had a defeatist persona as scum where he hardly posted. However he has improved a lot during these last years tbh.

Iirc I spearheaded a Creature misyeet in our first game and everyone chastised me on how it was obvious Creature town meta lmao
Creature is a good player and his meta tells both exist and are over exaggerated and not consistently valid.

He is however readable by virtue of other things, mainly what emotions he is exhibiting in the context of what faction is ahead or behind.
I played a game with him recently where the scum was allergic to killing town me and town Alexa out of ego so we stomped them. He was intensely pessimistic the whole time. We exed a mafia every day except for the day that a scum outed to hammer a townie, and he was moaning about how we were doomed as we proceeded to policy the last mafia for making that hammer.

So I dunno that him being sad when his faction is losing is a reliable tell. He seems to be a very pessimistic person to me in general, tbh.
What game?

As if I am a pessimistic person @EnderWiggin I demand you back me up on this. I am relentlessly happy
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:48 pm Alison
Boq
Creature
Dizzy
Jay
Lucy
Rondo
Seanzie

all of the above have actually hit significant town notes I would expect from them...
Oh okay you have them as town now. I am kinda confused on the read progression tbh

Like did I misunderstand or did you not scum read Seanze, Lucy and Alison? What changed?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:27 am
lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:24 am

So you made all these posts in order to get yourself towncleared?

After having observed that you accidentally did that the first time.

Hmmm.
i made a lot of posts frivolously without that specific intention, knowing the result would be this. i never posted to get townread, i posted frivolously and a lot because i was town and would be townread
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:26 am Plotting the exact same chaotic path through the game he always seems to when he's town including reacting exactly as I'd expect him to when I made a baseless townread on him to bait the reaction I was looking for to solidify the read?
I have seen no evidence of him plotting any path, either in this game or in previous games.

Can you quote the reaction you were fishing for that was townie? I'm still working through the backlog.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This is fair, I have seen Creature mope when town are stomping. If I had to guess I'd say it's more got to do with how he himself feels about the gamestate than anything.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:30 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:26 am Plotting the exact same chaotic path through the game he always seems to when he's town including reacting exactly as I'd expect him to when I made a baseless townread on him to bait the reaction I was looking for to solidify the read?
I have seen no evidence of him plotting any path, either in this game or in previous games.

Can you quote the reaction you were fishing for that was townie? I'm still working through the backlog.
Just his general reaction that progressed from "no please don't townread me" to "oh no you did it!" and then like *pause* "maybe ur a wolf"...

It's reliable lol. It's the pause that does it.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:30 am

Can confirm, no plotting of paths have been made by me ever in a mafia forum game. I wing it just like the rest of you
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:21 am
lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:14 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:12 am
lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:11 am

pretty sure that's what he's asking for, unless you have proof by contradiction which accomplishes the same
I just sought clarification because of him misreading me before
reasonable, but he went to sleep, might as well answer
Seanzie aligned with me on a read I expect him to make. Otherwise he just feels open to interacting with me in a non apprehensive way which I wouldn't expect would be there if he was mafia.

You, I explained. I don't know exactly who you are but it's really just a "you're new but you're posting lots" universal meta read.

Jay I'd rather not answer right now tbh.
Posting here to show that I have read this now tbh
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:29 am

What game?

As if I am a pessimistic person @EnderWiggin I demand you back me up on this. I am relentlessly happy

EBWOP: This is about creature not me. I didnt read up, no ender needed
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Boquise wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:30 am
Boq
Creature
Dizzy
Jay
Lucy
Rondo
Seanzie

all of the above have actually hit significant town notes I would expect from them...
Oh okay you have them as town now. I am kinda confused on the read progression tbh

Like did I misunderstand or did you not scum read Seanze, Lucy and Alison? What changed?
What a cringe term read progression is lol.

Seanzie i joke voted.
Lucy i just pushed off her entry in an over exaggerated manner.
Alison i thought was sus for pushing Rondo.

I then proceeded to reevaluate based on reading more content.

Why do you need to know why my read changed? Why do people always fixate on my reads changing like it's AI... It's so asinine lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:27 am
I think he's mafia. Yes.
Reeeeeally?
Yes.

I wouldn't call it guesswork. But no I don't have a tell on you specifically. I just soul read you.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:42 pm Lmao I think it is fun!

I feel like thread state-wise, Rando is rand>town. Aside from being funny, I feel like they have made some tonally townie posts. Example: the one where they talk about AtE, not wanting to omgus Alison, then votes Alison. I am not sure at all how Rando approaches the game, but I don't think a scum player there would break the "lmao this is so funny that you're tunnelling me" spiel so quickly. I think these are things scum are more interested in keeping consistent.
I don't have any experience with Rondo's scum game in specific, but I don't get the sense that he'd be particularly interested in keeping things consistent as scum; he seems like a bit of a troll and someone who intentionally does random things for fun, and those seem like part of his personality and would be expressed as either alignment.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Boq
Creature
Dizzy
Jay
Lucy
Rondo
Seanzie

What caused the turnaround on me?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:35 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:27 am

I think he's mafia. Yes.
Reeeeeally?
Yes.

I wouldn't call it guesswork. But no I don't have a tell on you specifically. I just soul read you.
Never again
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'd probs bet actual money Rondo is town here.

I do like to gamble though. But I'm pretty confident lol.

Return to “Previous Hustles”