Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 10

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Dom, you think Chris is recruited then?

MovingPictures07 wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:I think it's worth noting that it seems Strax did not target DFaraday. TH pointed out that his insanifier was redirected. While that could have been a secret role, it could have also been The Master's once-a-game redirect-everything power, which would mean DF wasn't Strax's original target.

The fact that he survived Strax's kill still remains, however.

DF, I want to hear a lot more from you. You're currently one of my top suspects. Who are your top suspects? I want to know what you're thinking. A penny for your thoughts, DF.
keys, if you had to summarize your suspicion of DF in one word, what would it be?
Also, I want to clarify: This is not meant as some kind of puzzle question. :p I'm just trying to understand your thoughts on DF and thought a really succinct summary might be helpful. It doesn't have to be one word only. :p
Recruited or, less likely, not who he says he is.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

MP7, one word on DF? Cautious. The longer a player goes with their cards close to their chest, the more I suspect they have something to hide. Civilians are easier to identify when they let it all hang out. Notice how DF doesn't give his thoughts on the NKs, or gives us his current suspects, or indeed any speculation. He's here to defend himself and that's it.

Chris, you are a big boy. You can handle the heat!
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

For the record, I didn't complain about Chris
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

keys56000000000 wrote:MP7, one word on DF? Cautious. The longer a player goes with their cards close to their chest, the more I suspect they have something to hide. Civilians are easier to identify when they let it all hang out. Notice how DF doesn't give his thoughts on the NKs, or gives us his current suspects, or indeed any speculation. He's here to defend himself and that's it.

Chris, you are a big boy. You can handle the heat!
Hmm, that's a good point. DF is quieter in general, but I can see your POV here. Not sure whether you're onto something or not.

I still think Bass is more important today, but I'll consider looking at DF in the future.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for elaborating!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

For the record: I love each and every one of my players. From the most vocal - to the least vocal. I love all of my roles from the Wifiest Vanilla Civ to the Baddies Master and every secret in between.

Those of you with BTS know how much I enjoy popping in on you and seeing what you're up to and trying to be around as much as I can for you.

Those of you who have co-hosted with me know how much I struggle to leave the thread be and to only pop in when I feel I need to for hosting reasons otherwise I'd spam my game worse than a bot. Like for realzies.

I try very hard to be fair and supportive of everyone I host. I try to be respectful of people's lives as well as respecting play styles that are different from my own.

For those that don't know, I'm co-running this game with someone on the east coast. East cost convinent timings are difficult for me as I live in AZ and we're still 3 hours behind the east coast. So, for example, when Chris is having his morning coffee at 7 am, unless I had to close my store at 3 am the night before, I'm likely in bed at the time he is up having coffee. It's currently 11 am my time and I'm just starting my day. For a large chunk of the players, your work day is nearing the end.

My work schedule constantly changes due to the nature of my business. My job is also such that I can't really respond to things while I'm at work. Due to the large numbers of posts in this game, from work, I'll often check the thread during quick smoke breaks so that I don't come home to 20 pages of catch up + hosting duties when I do get in. This means that I do often miss hosting questions to the thread. I see them, but at work, I can't always respond to them from my phone. At least not boldy and colory and in a way it will be visible to everyone in the thread. Those of you who know me better know that I'm no longer the most tech friendly person in the room and I do fear I've reached the point in my life where the tech grows quicker than I can keep up with. I am also not the sole host of the game. As such, I do have a partner who's opinions matter in such questions. I tend to be a very "no info" kinda host. You'll note teefies has answered far more questions than I because it's my own personal hosting style. I will often let some questions that I wouldn't answer go for him to decide if he wants to answer them or not. Because my default answer to most questions asked in thread is :shrug:

I'm addressing the recent concerns in the thread because things have escellated to a point where I feel like I do need to interupt the game and address said concerns in the thread. For the record, I'll see and get back to PM's much faster. Because they are kept in my pm box and not lost amongst the MANY posts that this game has incurred. And also because the simple answer to some questions are embarrassing to me.

In the past two weeks, I've had dental surgery to remove a tooth. It was an extensive enough surgery to require stitches. I had an INCREDIBLE, life changing job opportunity fall into my lap which I pursued with passion. It required me to deticate some time away from the computer that I'd normally be using to dot t's and cross i's on what was going on in the game to things like polishing my resume (thank you again JC), getting new interview clothing, getting myself cleaned up and ready to sparkle. Researching the job. All those things people do when they are on the job market. I had to re-arrange my schedule this past week so that I could be avalible Wed during business hours in case I was called for the final interview. I was not. :( Due to that, I had to close my store wed at 1 am and open it again at 8 am on Thursday. I worked till 6:30 pm Thurs for a particular busy day. The kind with few potty/smoke breaks and no break to eat. I had dinner with my hubby at 7:30 (ohhh - salad bar was yummy!!) Then I came home and got the night stuff together. I went directly to bed as I was tired as eff. And we are where we are today.

I know this is long. I know there sounds like lots of excuses here - but here's the important bit:

Chris - you are right. I let the Dana situation go on longer than it should. TBH, it was something that fell through the cracks due to an insane couple of weeks. To be perfectly frank, I should have modkilled her last night. Unless she shows up and starts playing this cycle, there's a 100 percent chance she will be modkilled with the lynch post. AND - I really, really, would have rather have said all this in a PM so that my dirty laundry wasn't exposed to the entire playing community. While I'm grown-up to admit when I make mistakes, I would have rather not have to derail the game in order to do so.

I have so much respect for your passion and the amount of time you put into the game. I really really do. I would personally, like to see you continue to play because you do have heart. And heart is a special quality. I understand if you choose not to.

I don't think that any player or mod or anyone is trying to censor you. Part of the problem with written communication is that not only do you miss hearing someone's tone of voice, but you also miss seeing the body language that comes with the words. You have just the words (this is a general you here btw). As such, people read things and "fill in the blanks." They hear a tone that may not be intended. I've done it to other people and I've had it done to me. I'm a lover of language so I try to choose what I say carefully and these problems stll pop up. It's just a draw back of the form of communication that we are using.

If there are any further problems, or if anyone needs to replace out because they feel they do not like the game or that it is uballanced or any OTHER reason, please PM me and let me know.

IF there is any other t I've not crossed or i's I've not doted, please let me know in PM. So that I'm sure to get on them as soon as I can.

IF there is anything else anyone would like to criticize me about, please feel free to PM me. I learn from my mistakes so feedback is always welcome. I am a grown woman and I can handle people telling me they are unhappy. I will do everything I can to resolve any issues anyone has. I prefer the PM as the mode of communications for this as I dislike having to interrupt the flow of things more than I have to. I also am human please respect my feelings as much as I'm respecting yours. If someone feels that another player is not acting appropriately in the thread, please pm myself, teefies, and llama rather than trying to put out the fire yourself.

And for what it's worth - llama has been awesome this game. I would concider any pm you get from him as the word of god when myself or teefies are not around. :srsnod:

I do know that page 1 needs some love both in the living players list and in the linkies list so I'm going to do that right now. :)

Now srrsly - get back to lynching baddies! :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bea, thanks again to you and BWT for hosting this game. I know I've said it before but this has really been one hell of an enjoyable game.

I agree though, let's keep this thread on the topic of the game. Why doesn't everyone else just vote Bass already and get this over with? :p
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

I agree that Bass has to go. I think the switch was used to save him. There is a slim chance that he's a civ and it was used by a third party, but that seems really unlikely to me. Lynch switches are basically a free life if you or a teammate is about to be lynched, why waste it saving a civilian?

Where is Bass, anyway? Has he posted? Seems pretty guilty to me, but idk his rl circumstances, could be genuinely busy.

linki: Bea, you guys have done a truly excellent job, I thnk everyone will agree.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

keys56000000000 wrote:I agree that Bass has to go. I think the switch was used to save him. There is a slim chance that he's a civ and it was used by a third party, but that seems really unlikely to me. Lynch switches are basically a free life if you or a teammate is about to be lynched, why waste it saving a civilian?

Where is Bass, anyway? Has he posted? Seems pretty guilty to me, but idk his rl circumstances, could be genuinely busy.

linki: Bea, you guys have done a truly excellent job, I thnk everyone will agree.
I agree. And even if he is bad and a recruiting team third party switched the lynch, that doesn't change the fact that he's bad. Either way it's a win and I just can't see how he's a civvie here. Hopefully he's recruited too though so we can uncover some more information about that.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

keys56000000000 wrote:I agree that Bass has to go. I think the switch was used to save him. There is a slim chance that he's a civ and it was used by a third party, but that seems really unlikely to me. Lynch switches are basically a free life if you or a teammate is about to be lynched, why waste it saving a civilian?

One of the things i said when i was insanified is that bass made at least one post in another thread but did not come here to comment, so we know he's had time to at least stop by. I'm also of the mind that the switch was a save and that puts him above snowy in my book of who should go first.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:

One of the things i said when i was insanified is that bass made at least one post in another thread but did not come here to comment, so we know he's had time to at least stop by. I'm also of the mind that the switch was a save and that puts him above snowy in my book of who should go first.
Yeah, he clearly has chosen not to defend against practically all of the accusations against him. I still have that question regarding how he knew exactly how often the recruiter was recruiting that is unanswered as well.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bea/BWT, I have enjoyed this game far more than I expected to-- not that I had low expectations, just that you've exceeded them. I am having so much fun. :)

I'd be willing to lynch Bass, Snow Dog or Chris.

Preferably Bass today, I think.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I voted accordingly for now.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:

Yeah, he clearly has chosen not to defend against practically all of the accusations against him. I still have that question regarding how he knew exactly how often the recruiter was recruiting that is unanswered as well.
I Don't know what you want me to defend against when I have stated already I'm being voted for because of my votes. I voted for who I thought was bad. I said I was guessing at how often the recruiter got to recruit . What else would you like me to answer?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Oh and I have no idea who switched the lynch but I am guess it was someone who wanted the heat to stay on me for another day phase.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:

I Don't know what you want me to defend against when I have stated already I'm being voted for because of my votes. I voted for who I thought was bad. I said I was guessing at how often the recruiter got to recruit . What else would you like me to answer?
Awesome, thanks Bass. :)

Hmmm... I thought about it but I can't think of anything else for you to answer. I do still think you're Sabie's teammate though. Sorry man.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Why because how I voted?
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

bwt and Bea, you have done an amazing job with this game. Thank you for all your hard work on such an awesome theme. :hugs:

Also guys, I have a fever today, so won't be around much except to check in as needed.

All I can say Bass is that you are wrong about me. You didnt give me much to work with either in defense, since you feel I am bad, but haven't presented any evidence. I tend to prefer vote analyzing though when possible and you, Snow, and DF are those that crick my brow as sabies teammes currently. After the last lynch and switch I see no reason to wait either. I am interested in looking at DF again and Snow, but for today Bass it is.

Voting Bass
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Hedgeowl wrote:bwt and Bea, you have done an amazing job with this game. Thank you for all your hard work on such an awesome theme. :hugs:

Also guys, I have a fever today, so won't be around much except to check in as needed.

All I can say Bass is that you are wrong about me. You didnt give me much to work with either in defense, since you feel I am bad, but haven't presented any evidence. I tend to prefer vote analyzing though when possible and you, Snow, and DF are those that crick my brow as sabies teammes currently. After the last lynch and switch I see no reason to wait either. I am interested in looking at DF again and Snow, but for today Bass it is.

Voting Bass
I don't think I'm wrong about you at all . I mean it is based on gut and me knowing Roxy.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Why because how I voted?
Don't bother man, they've made there minds up and ain't nothing gonna change it.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Can we get an early lynch here? :P
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

There is no reason for me to wait any longer to vote.

*voting bass
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hedgeowl wrote:bwt and Bea, you have done an amazing job with this game. Thank you for all your hard work on such an awesome theme. :hugs:

Voting Bass
Now even you are mentioning my name? You are bad Hedge. :srsnod:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm taking my vote off myself because I don't want to turn into TH.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 9

Post by nijuukyugou »

Gotrees wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote: Just so I don't leave you hanging, I'm catching up a bit - I honestly missed the whole case on sabie, so that'll give you an idea of how far behind I am :sigh:

As far as Epi goes, I really do think he's just burned out. I've said it before and I'll say it again - people say he acts strange/different/like a baddie, but he really just acts like himself, so it's not particularly weird behavior to me. Even though I know I'm a quieter player, I advocate having a look at quieter players, since surely not all of the baddies are out in the open like he is.

Are people saying Chris is the Master? I think I saw that a few pages back, but haven't gotten a chance to see exactly why this is so. I'm begrudgingly willing to glean posts and posts for it, but I'd much appreciate the shortened version if someone can oblige me :D
Some bits trimmed out for relevancy.

Ok, I'm a bit confused by this. You start off by saying you're far behind, and end by saying that you are far behind, but in the second quoted paragraph you feel informed enough to weigh in on a topic which had only been brought up a few hours before your post? And all you have to say about that topic is pretty much that you stand behind Epig and think he is probably a civ? Sounds a bit suspicious. You can take my first official eyeball. :eye:

I feel like the topic of Epig (at least the one blooper is referring to) would take more than a brief skim of the posts to understand. I could be wrong. I'd appreciate an explanation.
Hello, Gotrees! By chance I happened to see you mentioned me last night, and I'm sorry for leaving you hanging (I promise I wasn't ignoring you; I have grandparents visiting from the DR that I only see every few years, so mafia isn't on the top of my do-do list, but I at least try to check in with a semi-relevant post at least. I even took off work to visit, and I never do that). To address what you've said (even if you're not thinking of it anymore, but so you don't think I'm rude) : for the post in question you mentioned, at the time I was catching up (as in, in the process of doing so, and reading), so in my process, I caught bits and pieces of people speculating about Chris and the Master. I won't bother to go through the way I read things because...well, it's not very consistent for one, and two, it usually makes sense to only me. Either way, I happened to catch that and figured I'd mention something about it to join the conversation. In that post, I didn't really "weigh in" on the speculation; rather, I asked about it, and asked someone to give me the tl;dr of it (which, for the record, no one obliged that I saw. Sigh).

As for Epi, I know the bastard in real life and see him at work 5 days a week. I'd also caught bits of that conversation in the thread (I do attempt to read and keep up even if I'm not posting, but in large games I'm more likely to fall behind), but I was able to contribute to that more because I know from RL conversation he's been itching to start his LOZ game (which, BTW, 4 more players are needed, so SIGN UP NOW or whatever deity you believe/don't believe in will rain hot acid on your front lawn) and itching to host rather than play mafia in general. Hope that clears things up!

I will do my best to review the happenings of this thread I've missed tomorrow and be able to vote intelligently, but I'm throwing a tea party (yes, I said tea party) with my mom and best friend and will most certainly not be back until tomorrow evening. And now, I'm off to bed, because I've been up since 8, walked around the fair for 5 1/2 hours, and ate delicious, horrible, ridiculous fried food all day, and I'm fucking exhausted. Goodnight, good people :offtobed:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Since people have pointed out that I don't bring up a lot of suspicions, I'll go ahead and mention my thoughts on everyone in the game.

Bass is certainly at the top of my suspicion list, his response doing nothing to convince me he's good.

SD has been rather shady this game, but at times he's felt sincere to me. I'd lean more bad than good on him.

Chris is probably civ, although I still hold on to the possibility that he might be the Master playing an absurdly high-profile game. More than likely he is who he says he is though.

MP was civ before, and I kind of doubt his role could be recruited. I haven't seen behavior which would convince me he's recruited to something non-civvie, and he's just about the only one who supports me, so I still trust him.

Dom has been a question mark to me all game, but I at least feel confident that he's not a Cyberman (because I suspect the Cybermen to be some combination of Bass, SD, and Epig).

Epig: See above. I'm the least sure of him out of my suspects though.

Keys is reading civ to me this game.

Pretty sure Zeek is still a civ.

Hedge seems a bit off to me, but that could be because she has been suspicious of me for half the game. I haven't seen her defending anyone I really suspect, so I don't have any case against her.

Ninja: No idea.

Gotrees: Civ?

MM was a recruit before, and I seriously doubt he would be resurrected as non-recruit.

JC: Possibly bad, but I'm going to look back over her post to see what jumps out.

SVS has been much more nondescript this game than usual. I don't feel good about that.

Dana is a nonfactor and will probably be modkilled, but sadly I think she is civ.

So, my suspects in order would be: Bass, MM, Snow Dog, Epig, SVS, Hedge, JC, Nijuaskljanfjksdn, Chris, Dom, Gotrees, Keys, MP, Zeek.

And while I'm here: *Votes Bass*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

I'm voting Bass, think we need some closure on what happened last time.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Faraday, the fact that i gotba vouch from mp, one of the people you trust the most doesn't phase you?

I tend to lose interest when individuals dominate the thread, and we have had a few instances of that here.

My top 3 are MM, Epi & Bass. I voted Bass today because we need to clear up what happened yesterday, Andi votedBass yesterday because we need to stick together as much as possible until we make inroads into the cybermen numbers IMO.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

There are no lynch switches listed in the roles, so I suppose Bass could be a secret one. But after watching him in Clue, I think that if he had a lynch switch, he would have burned it by now. So while I get the urge to seek "closure" and "clear up what happened" yesterday, I don't believe lynching Bass will do it. I've been on the receiving end of that thinking more than once and it sucks.

But you all go ahead and scratch that itch. Curiosity...something something cat. I forget how it goes.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Who were his teammates in Clue? Generally that is considered a team asset and if he had more conservative teammates they may have held onto it.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Who were his teammates in Clue? Generally that is considered a team asset and if he had more conservative teammates they may have held onto it.
He wasn't bad- he was a civilian with a lynch switch and lynch stop.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh well, that would be a different scenario than if he were bad and someone on his team had one. And prizes etc., Just cause something is not in the roles doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Plus totally secret roles, who knows what they have? He would make an awesome secret recruiting team recruit (and he seemed to have knowledge of the recruiting schedule) especially with Roxy on the recruit team.

But yeah, how he acted as a lone civ would be totally different than how he acted as a baddie. I have done baddie with Bass, and he does not waste his assets when he's bad. Maybe he was afraid of, "Use it or lose it" in Clue? I have a tendency to use that stuff too earlier than i should when a civ myself.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

DFaraday's votes and his reasons:

Day 1 - Self

Day 2 - Elohcin - Apparently voted for a night poll option that seemed to benefit baddies. Oddly enough, suspects Daisy for voting for him based on his night poll choice.

Day 3 - Elohcin - Same reason for day 2 vote, but adds that she voted for juliets, and survived a Strax kill, completely ignoring that the first three civs that Strax tries to kill will fail.

Day 4 - Made - Popular vote, agrees that Made needs to be lynched. He later explains his reasons for voting for Made after the lynch.

Day 5 - Enrique - Popular vote, DF never actually even says why he voted Enrique. Kinda spoke about it before the vote, but never said anything solid.

Day 6 - MetalMarsh - Agrees with MP's case on MM

Day 7 - Chris - Agrees with the case that I could be The Master

Day 8 - Sabie - Agrees with the case that Sabie could be a Cyber

Day 9 - Bass - Agrees with the case that Bass could be a Cyber

At first, with his early day votes, DF has opinions on people, makes some votes based on those opinions. Then it changes. It was popular to vote for both Made and Enrique, but then notice how after that, he just agrees with the cases being made, and goes along with it.

Don't believe me? Look for yourself. It should take you long, since DF only has a little over one page of posts.

Blendy McBlender the blendiest blender who ever blended.

Here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... =182&ch=-1
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, Faraday is always blendy. I have seen him get lynched for it bad or good.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

While I was looking at DF's reasons (or lack thereof) to vote Bass, I noticed this:
DFaraday wrote:Bandwagon much? I don't know how to defend against this other than by saying 1. I'm not the Cyber Controller, and 2. I'm sorry if I play too carefully. I'm just not the kind of player to throw out every random thought I have (and I don't mean that as an insult to players who do :p ).

I will be *Voting Bass*, which I was planning to do anyway because I do think he's likely bad, and also he's not me. :noble:
He wasn't him.

That reminded me that a bunch of people voted for DF, then switched to Bass. (Remember what I said about voting someone first, and then switching them to someone else?) What they kinda did, voting for DF early, was allow him to claim he was getting heat (remember that one?), and it allowed him to vote for Bass to save his ass. He never really gave much reason for why he thought Bass was bad. Granted, there was evidence and cases floating around for a bit, but DF never gave his own reasons.

Then, when he votes today, he says:
DFaraday wrote:Bass is certainly at the top of my suspicion list, his response doing nothing to convince me he's good.
Yesterday, he thought Bass was "likely bad, and not me". But today, he's at the top of DF's suspicion list. But if you look back at it, it wasn't DF's suspicions that had him vote Bass.

Just like almost every other vote, it was someone else's suspicions. And the switch was obviously not Bass' doing, nor very likely, a Cyber related thing.

The switch was most likely to prolong the lynch schedule for the recruiters, who have most likely already recruited DF, The Master.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I'm sorry, I forgot to add something. I'll have to make consecutive posts. Please forgive the ettiquette faux pas.

Notice who the first three votes for Bass are... Why would they be so brazen as to vote together like that is they're all together?

I think it's because they REALLY want to drive home the "Let's vote Bass and no one else today" effort to ensure it's not DF.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Whatever, I disagree. I think Bass is recruited and potentially Cyber to boot.

We'll see :)

Linki~ Um, no. I voted right out of the gate because I don't want us to get distracted from who that last switch saved: Bass.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And I am out for the day. Toodles folks :)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

S~V~S wrote:Whatever, I disagree. I think Bass is recruited and potentially Cyber to boot.

We'll see :)

Linki~ Um, no. I voted right out of the gate because I don't want us to get distracted from who that last switch saved: Bass.
S~V~S wrote:Yeah, Faraday is always blendy. I have seen him get lynched for it bad or good.

And look who's defending Faraday.

SVS defended Roxy too, don't forget.

Also, I predict that MetalMarsh will never move his vote off of Bass, but juliets and Hedgie just might. Dom too.

Snow Dog, I really hope you're planning on voting for DFaraday as well.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am still waiting for you to say the same thing to me that you said to MP. If you did, I missed it.

Now, shopping :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also I defended Roxy becasue she was having a HORRBLE HORRIBLE RL experience that day, and I hate lynching people who aren't available for defending. And I knew she was not. I did not defend whether she was bad or good; I asked that we not lynch her while she was going through hell.

But twist it as you like.

Bye.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm getting Malware warnings when coming to this site today. Something to do with bit.ly

Can someone explain this to me? Is this site safe? Is anyone else getting these warnings?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

nijuukyugou wrote: I caught bits and pieces of people speculating about Chris and the Master. I won't bother to go through the way I read things because...well, it's not very consistent for one, and two, it usually makes sense to only me. Either way, I happened to catch that and figured I'd mention something about it to join the conversation. In that post, I didn't really "weigh in" on the speculation; rather, I asked about it, and asked someone to give me the tl;dr of it (which, for the record, no one obliged that I saw. Sigh).
I'll tell you, but I'm aware that I'm involved. Maybe you can use this as my view of what happened, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

FACTS:

- I was targeted on night 6 by both The Cybermen and Strax.
- Both NK attempts failed.
- It was suggested that I was The Master because I survived two kills in one night
- I argued that there were civvie ways that I survived
- I'm not sure if someone brought it up first, or if I admitted it first, but it was pointed out that I also did not vote for MetalMarsh, a possible BTSC partner of The Master, who was recruited.
- I then unsuccessfully tried to argue that since I replaced in on day 2, and The Master sent in a kill on day 1, and I was replacing a not playing at all reywaS, that I couldn't be The Master. But I was wrong, and I replaced in on night 1.
- I have since been very vocal in saying that I'm not The Master, and in fact was sort of forced to role claim a civvie role to prove I'm not The Master.

(if I missed any facts, please, someone feel free to add to them)

Now, my own opinion.

If I was The Master, I'd be an idiot to draw attention to myself in any way. MeatalMarsh was recruited, and lynched on day 6. That gave him 5 chances to search for The Master. Slim odds say he didn't find him. So my not voting for MM means nothing in regards to the fact that MM was Lucy Saxon.

LINKI @ SVS: You defended Roxy because she was having a bad day? Since when does having a bad day make you a civ?

What you mean is you advocated that we not lynch her since she was having a bad day, but again, since when does having a bad day excuse one from a lynch? Especially when bad? And I mean, there was a LOT of evidence that she was bad.

What I meant was, when she was going after Epig, you went after him too. Pretty hard actually. And then you just didn't see the evidence that Roxy was bad.

Yeah, you defended her. Albeit perhaps, with some good out-of-the-game reasons, but defended her nonetheless.

LINKI @ LC: I did too. I screen capped it, and sent a PM to MP.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Can we get an early lynch here? :P
How ironic is this post? Yeah, he put a ":p"... but I think he's just trying to subliminally say "Bass is so clearly the choice, that we should just end this formal process early."

But what I think he's trying to do is avoid anyone tying to bring up anything or anyone (DFaraday) else.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone! I'm aware there's some kind of malware message some of you have been getting this morning. I am looking into it now as we speak, and want to thank Chris for the screenshot, since I didn't receive such a message. I'll keep you folks updated.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

It's certainly possible that Bass had nothing to do with the switch. I'm open to a DF vote but I don't know. It does strike me that he survived on the supposed day of sunshine, when Dana almost died, but because he survived strax he's just as likely civ as the master.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So even in doing some quick Googling it seems this is a much bigger occurrence:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 17756.html

Going to run a few tests though. I think we should be OK to visit the site even now, but I'll let you guys know if anything comes up.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Do you think MP and DF are recruited?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

S~V~S wrote:I am still waiting for you to say the same thing to me that you said to MP. If you did, I missed it.
Again, there was reason for me to question my suspicion of you, and that was BR. And conveniently, she's dead now. So if anything may have happened that could have changed her mind, she can't say now. And if her feelings toward you fact based or gut, can't be elaborated upon now, because she's dead.

My, how lucky for you that BR and TH are dead, right?

But anyway, while BR's word makes me hesitant to make the statement I made in regards to MP, I will make a siggy bet with you. I never make those, since I hate being reminded of when I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure about you, and I also think you'd hate being reminded of being wrong just as much as I do.

So yeah... name the bet.

@ zeek: I do think DF was recruited. I think MP was recruited night 7, and DF was recruited night 9.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

More information:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/ ... e&hl=en-US

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8507681

It appears very widespread over the past half a day or so with regards to Google Chrome blocking a whole bunch of different websites.

We are safe, however.

Return to “Previous Jobs”