Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 5]

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:33 pm
lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:32 pm boq/nate only has 1 wolf imo
What makes you think that?
their conversation yesterday with all of them town reading one another, strategically I don't see entire mafia team having a chat like that
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 347
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:34 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:33 pm
What makes you think that?
their conversation yesterday with all of them town reading one another, strategically I don't see entire mafia team having a chat like that
Hmm.

I guess it's true that I don't know if the other two wolves would just slap strong townreads onto Jay like that. They have to have known that he would go over at some point, especially if he was going to force a tie and out himself. So going all in on protecting Jay probably wasn't the mafia play.

I think it is very likely that one of them is wolf at least. I don't know who I would look at for the third if your theory is correct though. Maybe finger.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
NateTheLesser
The Mark
Posts in topic: 334
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by NateTheLesser »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:23 pm
NateTheLesser wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:20 pm Looks good for Creature and Fingersplints since Marmot was shielding them.
I agree finger is less likely to make the Marmot kill when she could have killed lucy/Rondo or myself.

Tell me about your decision to try to wagon me at EOD at a moment where it seemed like Jay was going to go over.
I imagine I'll be talking about this a lot today. Yesterday I was townreading Boq/Jay/Lucy and adding one of Fingers/Creature (because I didn't think they were w/w) to get 4 town, leaving a POE of Marmot/you/Rondo/(the other of Fingers/Creature). I was most interested in Marmot but nobody else seemed to be. And at that point leading up to EOD the other wagons were Jay/Boq/Lucy, my townreads. So I switched to you both because you were in my POE and because you were in a few other POEs as well; off-hand you were POEd by Boq, Lucy, Rondo, Marmot, Fingers, and not all of those could be wolves even if I was completely wrong about my townreads.
Alison

Post by Alison »

NateTheLesser wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:42 pm
NateTheLesser wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:20 pm Looks good for Creature and Fingersplints since Marmot was shielding them.
I agree finger is less likely to make the Marmot kill when she could have killed lucy/Rondo or myself.

Tell me about your decision to try to wagon me at EOD at a moment where it seemed like Jay was going to go over.
I imagine I'll be talking about this a lot today. Yesterday I was townreading Boq/Jay/Lucy and adding one of Fingers/Creature (because I didn't think they were w/w) to get 4 town, leaving a POE of Marmot/you/Rondo/(the other of Fingers/Creature). I was most interested in Marmot but nobody else seemed to be. And at that point leading up to EOD the other wagons were Jay/Boq/Lucy, my townreads. So I switched to you both because you were in my POE and because you were in a few other POEs as well; off-hand you were POEd by Boq, Lucy, Rondo, Marmot, Fingers, and not all of those could be wolves even if I was completely wrong about my townreads.
Talk to me about your Jay townread, please. What was it about him that so convinced you he was town that you would vote to save him?
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 432

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 4]

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:18 pm I am only yeeting between Creature/Alison/Lucy/Fingers today

One of them is 100% town (I realised I didn't do math good before)

There must be mafia inside there because I don't think 100% of scum is between Nate/Marmot/JJJ/Rondo
Yikes
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:33 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:30 pm It doesn't feel like JJJ was bussing this game. So I'd say the players he put a significant effort to push are more likely town (I don't remember who he pushed though).

On the other hand, I'm suspicious of the players JJJ townread for lame reasons. Boq and Nate are two names I have in mind.
Thats what I was thinking as well. I still feel like shielding boq
I don't get the Boq shield. He has been like only pushing town yesterday and I feel like he would know better than Nate/lucy.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:52 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:30 pm It doesn't feel like JJJ was bussing this game. So I'd say the players he put a significant effort to push are more likely town (I don't remember who he pushed though).

On the other hand, I'm suspicious of the players JJJ townread for lame reasons. Boq and Nate are two names I have in mind.
I don't get the Boq shield. He has been like only pushing town yesterday and I feel like he would know better than Nate/lucy.
Huh?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why do you think Boq would know better/have better pushes than Nate/lucy?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:28 pm If our euro friends went to sleep then it may only be possible to consolidate votes on lucy or Boq himself
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:28 pm @fingersplints @Boquise are y’all still around
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

can you toggle whether you show up on the "who is online" thing at the bottom? @Alison
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:53 pm

Huh?
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:53 pm Why do you think Boq would know better/have better pushes than Nate/lucy?
I put his mafia experience near to yours/JJJ/Mac, which, like JJJ, makes his only pushing town really bad for him. Also I see his wolf playstyle more as openwolfing/wolfsiding than deepwolfing/townsiding and his play here fits the former.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:55 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:28 pm @fingersplints @Boquise are y’all still around
Gonna be funny if this is calling his wolf mates.
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:56 pm can you toggle whether you show up on the "who is online" thing at the bottom? @Alison
Yes. Many Syndicate players have their online status permanently hidden, myself included, so as to discourage angleshooting based on online timing.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:38 am I may adopt a policy this phase of declining to answer accusations, or at least most of them. That is one area where I think Lag had the right idea, though they took it too far with voting for themself in Game 7. My time is limited anyway, and my interest is in the hunt foremost. I can only hope that town will pay me fair heed and listen to what I have to say. Regardless of the degree of your suspicion, this is a mountainous game and should be treated accordingly. So treat me as an unknown slot rather than as a "confirmed mafioso" or as a "slot that must be resolved". This was a major pitfall of many qualifier towns, and it's one that must be avoided now.
this was 100% made as a direct AtE to me lol, maybe Nate too?
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 680
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I feel like he is seeing the game state similarly to me, he feels unpartnered in his pushes

He has also continued to shield me when he could have easily just stamped a scum read there. He has also protected Lucy from me which I dont see a wolf doing when he could just as easily said nothing
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I dunno if Boquise would spend multiple day phases trying to convince us that there is a wolf in Alison/Jay/Boq if he was wolves with Jay.

I think Nate brought this up before actually. Hmm.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:58 pm
lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:56 pm can you toggle whether you show up on the "who is online" thing at the bottom? @Alison
Yes. Many Syndicate players have their online status permanently hidden, myself included, so as to discourage angleshooting based on online timing.
I have tried to do it but I dont think it works for me
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:00 pm

I feel like he is seeing the game state similarly to me, he feels unpartnered in his pushes

He has also continued to shield me when he could have easily just stamped a scum read there. He has also protected Lucy from me which I dont see a wolf doing when he could just as easily said nothing
Ironically JJJ defended him for the same reason
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:38 am I may adopt a policy this phase of declining to answer accusations, or at least most of them. That is one area where I think Lag had the right idea, though they took it too far with voting for themself in Game 7. My time is limited anyway, and my interest is in the hunt foremost. I can only hope that town will pay me fair heed and listen to what I have to say. Regardless of the degree of your suspicion, this is a mountainous game and should be treated accordingly. So treat me as an unknown slot rather than as a "confirmed mafioso" or as a "slot that must be resolved". This was a major pitfall of many qualifier towns, and it's one that must be avoided now.
Could be. I remember him saying similar things as town before, so I don't know if it's just an attempt to replicate that.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

10 posts and you hit 10k @Alison
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Creature wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:02 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:00 pm

Ironically JJJ defended him for the same reason
LOL really? Let me go read
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:02 pm
lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:59 pm
Could be. I remember him saying similar things as town before, so I don't know if it's just an attempt to replicate that.
no me and Nate both mentioned to reading game 7 closely, boq also read game 7 as jury. so I think it was a direct AtE targeting us. but also he'd distance himself from his mafia teammates, just gotta decide between boq/nate
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Maybe it was Alison who initially said Boquise's pushes were unpartnered
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Creature wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:05 pm Maybe it was Alison who initially said Boquise's pushes were unpartnered
Probably I cant find it in JJJ's
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 0]

Post by Creature »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:41 am Welcome aboard, Boq :bliss:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:31 pm I like Boq's entry
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:43 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:38 pm
I like my entry too tbh!
omg same
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:56 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:46 pm
What do you like about it?
To keep it concise: good vibe. There's an appropriate balance of joviality and "game-relevance" (by whatever standard one might expect for this stage of Day 0). #202 also struck me as a nice little thing in that an I don't know any of these people and I am expected to solve them? mindset is believable for Boq -- particularly as he begins to try to do so.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:58 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:42 pm There is a reason why I put expert inside quotations D:
No, Boquise. You are an expert. You have been to two finales. Only six other people can say the same. :noble:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:06 pm lucy
Boquise
Seanzie

decent squad for Day 0. everybody get in my squad. show me your vip squad passes
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dunno why JJJ was trying to force an interaction with Boq that much
robyn
screaming

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 3]

Post by robyn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:56 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:55 pm What if the team is Ender/Boq/Nate instead and I am a wowee. What if.
Can you tell me something about Ender/Nate as a pair
this was when ender was dying, jjj knew him to be town, jjj could intentionally get nate off of dizzy's hit list for the time being here. or it could be town too, hmmm
Alison

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 3]

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:56 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:55 pm What if the team is Ender/Boq/Nate instead and I am a wowee. What if.
Can you tell me something about Ender/Nate as a pair
this was when ender was dying, jjj knew him to be town, jjj could intentionally get nate off of dizzy's hit list for the time being here. or it could be town too, hmmm
I dunno how hard Jay would be in anti-spew at that point. I weigh D1/D2 stuff a lot more than D3 and onwards, because around D3 it became clear that Jay wouldn't last to the end of the game. Jay was a massive wagon D3 and a couple of people said (including in legacies of Dizzy/Ender) that we should always turbo him D4 if Ender flips town.

(This is why I am particularly suspicious of people trying to start counterwagons to Jay on D4.)
Creature
Made Man

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:04 am Boquise feels like he is playing in a lonely manner. If he flipped scum I would be at a loss for figuring out who his accomplices are. He gives me the impression of someone popping in and trying to piece together a worldview by himself. This is townie.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I'm slightly considering the world in which JJJ coached lucy to ask for unvotes last EOD. He was clearly online and I feel like he would plan something to set his teammates deep after his lynch.

Also couldn't lucy have just voted JJJ to prevent a tie?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

boq/nate and finger is the team?
NateTheLesser
The Mark
Posts in topic: 334
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by NateTheLesser »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:43 pm

Talk to me about your Jay townread, please. What was it about him that so convinced you he was town that you would vote to save him?
I've been townreading him all game, so it wasn't really a change. But I thought the Boq/Jay interaction on D3 was t/t. More towny on Boq's end, but I also agreed with his read that it was a good look for Jay, which supported my existing townread there. So D4, Boq and Jay were kind of my starting points for building a town core. But the gamestate was pretty dead and nobody was really solving together the first half+ of the day, so I decided to actively treat those two as town and try to solve with them and see if anything shook out (especially building a further town core). Boq was game, Jay didn't really engage with it.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Creature wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:14 pm I'm slightly considering the world in which JJJ coached lucy to ask for unvotes last EOD. He was clearly online and I feel like he would plan something to set his teammates deep after his lynch.

I thought he was town then, yes. but also I've been unvoting like that every day this game, since this is my second game I could easily stay on and say I didn't understand the mechanics or something and it's real bad news for town
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:14 pm I'm slightly considering the world in which JJJ coached lucy to ask for unvotes last EOD. He was clearly online and I feel like he would plan something to set his teammates deep after his lynch.

If he was online and lucy was his partner, why not just let her sit on me and snipe vote me in order to force a tie?
Alison

Post by Alison »

NateTheLesser wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:16 pm

I've been townreading him all game, so it wasn't really a change. But I thought the Boq/Jay interaction on D3 was t/t. More towny on Boq's end, but I also agreed with his read that it was a good look for Jay, which supported my existing townread there. So D4, Boq and Jay were kind of my starting points for building a town core. But the gamestate was pretty dead and nobody was really solving together the first half+ of the day, so I decided to actively treat those two as town and try to solve with them and see if anything shook out (especially building a further town core). Boq was game, Jay didn't really engage with it.
What about Boq/Jay on D3 looked T/T to you specifically? Just the "olive branch" thing?

Why did Ender/Dizzy's flips not shake your view of that at all?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:15 pm boq/nate and finger is the team?
I really am not sure how viable finger is at this point. She has been so inactive the wolf team would have to know she is going to get policed at some point just because she has no content. Maybe this is ridiculous to say but if finger is a wolf then nate/boq would have to be the deep wolf and then nate wouldnt be protecting JJJ and Boq wouldnt be pushing towny people. So I dunno if Finger is wolf at this point purely on end of game outcome? Does this make sense?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:20 pm

If he was online and lucy was his partner, why not just let her sit on me and snipe vote me in order to force a tie?
I was starting to get shook on my lucy read till this post
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:23 pm

It is the exact same as the post I first made at start of day where I cleared Lucy lol.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

NateTheLesser wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:16 pm

If you are clearing Boq here? Am I reading that right?

Are you aware that you are condemning yourself in a Boq/Nate world? If so why clear Boq?

This post is so confusing to me
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:24 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:23 pm

It is the exact same as the post I first made at start of day where I cleared Lucy lol.
Apparently I have a short memory and lots of tinfoil in my cupboards. No I am not letting myself be bamboozled into not shielding Lucy
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I may tie votes, but I understand game mechanics lol. second time I've been accused of being coached, hopefully that means I'm not doing as horrible as I think
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

hiiiiiii @MacDougall
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:28 pm I may tie votes, but I understand game mechanics lol. second time I've been accused of being coached, hopefully that means I'm not doing as horrible as I think
Ok, I promise ahead of time I wont sus you for any vote shenanigans today. Just quote this post if I start tinfoiling you.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think if the intention was to send lucy in as a deepwolf the mafia team would have lucy outright vote Jay and just bus him, instead of blocking a tie attempt while calling him town. That seems really weird and unnecessary. Same logic with Rondo. If he's partnered with Jay, I think he either tries to let Jay tie by keeping his vote on lucy, or just busses Jay from the start.

I think they're by far the clearest slots in this game.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:31 pm I think if the intention was to send lucy in as a deepwolf the mafia team would have lucy outright vote Jay and just bus him, instead of blocking a tie attempt while calling him town. That seems really weird and unnecessary. Same logic with Rondo. If he's partnered with Jay, I think he either tries to let Jay tie by keeping his vote on lucy, or just busses Jay from the start.

can u make a reads list now, and one after you iso jjj
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:35 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:31 pm I think if the intention was to send lucy in as a deepwolf the mafia team would have lucy outright vote Jay and just bus him, instead of blocking a tie attempt while calling him town. That seems really weird and unnecessary. Same logic with Rondo. If he's partnered with Jay, I think he either tries to let Jay tie by keeping his vote on lucy, or just busses Jay from the start.

can u make a reads list now, and one after you iso jjj
I have you, Rondo and Creature cleared. Creature is cleared to a slightly lesser extent, but I doubt I'd consider him until F3, and maybe not even then.

POE is finger, Boq and Nate. Nate is the most suspicious of the three.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Four correct clears means that we have a POE that automatically wins the game. I know I am town and I have three people I am clearing, which gives me a POE I am fairly certain wins the game. If everyone else agrees with my three clears (lucy, Rondo, Creature), then being able to find a confident town in Alison, finger, Boquise, or Nate wins us the game.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:40 pm Four correct clears means that we have a POE that automatically wins the game. I know I am town and I have three people I am clearing, which gives me a POE I am fairly certain wins the game. If everyone else agrees with my three clears (lucy, Rondo, Creature), then being able to find a confident town in Alison, finger, Boquise, or Nate wins us the game.
can you case the other 3 in the next 48h, we should all iso u four
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:40 pm Four correct clears means that we have a POE that automatically wins the game. I know I am town and I have three people I am clearing, which gives me a POE I am fairly certain wins the game. If everyone else agrees with my three clears (lucy, Rondo, Creature), then being able to find a confident town in Alison, finger, Boquise, or Nate wins us the game.
and this was pretty townie since it's the exact implications of your previous message I was thinking about with the apprehension about you, mind melding as they say

Return to “Previous Hustles”