70%

Total votes: 10
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 366

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

I mostly prefer Tommy or Porscha as a chop

I don't really think Porscha calling Sean's read on Mac wrong is a great case against her. I think town easily say stuff like that, and I think she mentioned something about assuming Mac town anyway. I mean, if she's mafia, it probably is TMI, but I don't think it's impossible that she can say that as town. But her posts has been kind of weak and wishy-washy overall. I don't get any will to solve. The problem with Porscha is that if she's town, she is likely to become more obvious later on

Tommy is both PoE and just, he's here, but he's not contributing anything. And what he does post doesn't really give me a new town feel. It doesn't really give me anything tbh. The problem with Tommy is that if he flips and flips town, we're not really getting anywhere. But I think there's also a very decent chance he's just mafia here

In any case, would mostly like to hear more from both Tommy and Porscha
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 588
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:18 pm TRing Rondo, Sean and Mac. Rondo sounds identical to the last two games I've played here. I scum read him both games and he ended up flipped town (reanimation excluded).
Sean more toothy and hostile than last game where he was wolf. He seemed light and kinda floated through the thread as wolf, very different tone this game.
Mac could be anything I suppose, but he's putting in the work and it's not feeling forced to this point. His reaction to me piling on was classic too, enjoyable really. His read on me is wrong, but that's the way she goes.

Can't remember if it was Vivax or Wiggin who tried to tie me to Axehole because I made sure joke about us being Canadian.. They both entered at basically the same time so you'll have to forgive my processing here ( in catchup mode from work).

Lead wagons seem good. Porscha trying to excuse herself from putting in any effort because neither Sean or I had was sketch, and I pointed that out earlier. I'll be the first to say I totally suck at this game, so pinning any sort of excuse as to why she's not playing on me, is pretty weak.

Tommy really seems like LHF, but at the same time their posting yesterday was just not townie at all and the fact the they haven't re-entered does come across frozen.

Can't put my finger on why, gut read I guess, but Dyslexicon pinged yesterday. Lucy still feels scummy as well. Upon reflection she spent her time trying to "look towny" and I felt some post come across as self conscious.
Actually to be fair, in Reanimation I was town till the final day so I would say it still applies. but I will give you the same warning I gave Sabi

viewtopic.php?p=936845#p936845

Can you try and put your finger on why Dyslexicon pinged you yesterday?

Do you have any specific posts for Lucy that really strike you as self conscious?

What do you feel about Archo and Wigly?
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pmI've had a near 100% mac read since I joined TS, and I know for a fact that he is not a fan of wolfing against me. I had posted, multiple times at that point, and due to not necessarily wanting my attention as a wolf, I think he would be more likely to wager an early guess at my alignment there as town than as wolf.
Speaking just for me, I don't think you had posted anything AI at that point in the game.

Do you still scum read Mac? I have also been pretty successful in reading Mac historically. I may or may not be a bit too confident due to the fact that Mac have a had a couple of mafia games that were real bad, and I know he isn't really bad as mafia.

I was actually going to ask you about that, both Mac and Sabi. Cause I town read both. Am I bad? I could be bad.
Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 962
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Post by Achromatic »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 pm I mostly prefer Tommy or Porscha as a chop

I don't really think Porscha calling Sean's read on Mac wrong is a great case against her. I think town easily say stuff like that, and I think she mentioned something about assuming Mac town anyway. I mean, if she's mafia, it probably is TMI, but I don't think it's impossible that she can say that as town. But her posts has been kind of weak and wishy-washy overall. I don't get any will to solve. The problem with Porscha is that if she's town, she is likely to become more obvious later on

Tommy is both PoE and just, he's here, but he's not contributing anything. And what he does post doesn't really give me a new town feel. It doesn't really give me anything tbh. The problem with Tommy is that if he flips and flips town, we're not really getting anywhere. But I think there's also a very decent chance he's just mafia here

Three hours before the post she said she had no one above null and made no mention of mac in between ;o
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

@ Rondo

Possibly ridiculous suggestion
Suppose it's not the Pall.....?

Not having an answer really bugs me. But I might see clearer tomorrow.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:49 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:41 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:34 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:07 pm
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:04 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:53 pm

Ic ic if you drop wilgy and add axe we have a pretty similar world view. Thoughts on axe's explanation of not voting porscha? Felt pretty bad. What's your issue with wilgy?
Axes filter is certainly cryptic. Don't really get the movie references and don't even think they made that many different movies of Pirates OTC. But maybe I'll get it another time.
He's consistent in sheeping MacDougall, explains some Mac-Sean history.
Tone overall reads good to me.

I think I'd townlean this at least for D1 because he semi-freely gave information.
I might join him on that and go matt here.
So, just so I understand correctly.

You think it is a better chance of a hit to vote the first time FM player who is, by account of someone who knows them, outside of both their normal town AND wolf metas and has openly displayed issues with the FM format day one versus someone who by all accounts went from having a null read on Mac to having a big town read on them without showing any of their work at all.

Why do you think Tommy has even above a random chance of being a wolf atm?
Do you think Tommy is exact rand here?

Also, early game you mentioned how you'd just chop me if I had low WIM. Does this not apply to Tommy, who is arguably the one giving the least this game?
Do I need to explain the difference between a first time FM player and yourself?

Standards, wolf ranges, etc etc.
In this context, yeah I think you do
Oh, sure.

So you are a well established player who if I put the screws to you in some form or fashion will have a relatively known range of reactions for everyone to judge you on and to attempt to divine your alignment. If you are slacking off and suddenly under a microscope that's probably going to yield information that can be read by people.

Tommy, on the other hand, is an unknown quantity and to my eye hasn't really done anything noteworthy one way or another. This is not ideal, however with their stated dislike of FM so far as well as their noted inexperience it doesn't make them very formidable wolves down the line in the 'people are right he is wolf' even if I think it is for dubious reasons. likewise, because he is inexperienced, there is a large chance he becomes polarized when he does get his teeth into the game and we can proceed more appropriately.

Trying to say Tommy is the best lynch today is like ordering your steak well done. Technically it is a thing you can do, but why?
So you wanting to put the microscope on me, so to say, would be a way to gain reactions and info out of me? Is that correct? In which case, don't count on it. Slacking is something I do from time to time, depending on time. I didn't think I would have the time to read D1 this game, but I took the time now.

Do you also not think that putting the microscope on Tommy can yield information? Also, I'm not sure why you necessarily expect him to become more clear later on, as he is for everyone but Lucy and unknown entity. And thus far he hasn't really shown any interest in contributing a whole lot or FM at all, as you allude to. Why do you expect this to change later on? I hope it does, but what if it doesn't.

Funny thing is that giving more time is something I could argue for Porscha, exactly because I do know her at least a little bit, and I've been able to find her as town in the few games I've played with her to my memory.

So I guess I just see this differently than you do.

I also don't eat meat.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:54 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pmI've had a near 100% mac read since I joined TS, and I know for a fact that he is not a fan of wolfing against me. I had posted, multiple times at that point, and due to not necessarily wanting my attention as a wolf, I think he would be more likely to wager an early guess at my alignment there as town than as wolf.
Speaking just for me, I don't think you had posted anything AI at that point in the game.

Do you still scum read Mac? I have also been pretty successful in reading Mac historically. I may or may not be a bit too confident due to the fact that Mac have a had a couple of mafia games that were real bad, and I know he isn't really bad as mafia.

I was actually going to ask you about that, both Mac and Sabi. Cause I town read both. Am I bad? I could be bad.
I've been toying with the idea that you're bad, yeah.

Mac I felt pretty confident about off very little information, and no longer feel much of anything, but I trust my early gut reactions enough to not write the read off. Sabi I never actually scumread, I just pushed there because I thought Mac was scum and I think Sabi or Mac did something that made me question if they were partners, so I decided to push there just to see if Sabi would just obvout as a wolf with Mac. They didn't, so I am no longer pushing there, even though I am kind of personally irked by how they've acted about me pushing them and they keep saying I'm "confbiasing" when really I think they're accusing me of scumreading them because of personal out-of-game things (that don't exist from my side, but I get how sometimes other people see other things so meh... I get it even if I don't think it is there), not confbiasing, and instead of considering the fact that I might actually just be playing the game and trying to figure out why I might be pushing them, they've decided to just assume they know me and have said they will just ignore me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 837

Post by MacDougall »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:18 am
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:01 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:05 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:04 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:03 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:02 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:00 am

TMI slipped on my alignment
Do you have any actual reason or you just feeling out?
this is a very good and actual reason

do you think Porscha should have a town read on me so strong that she straight up calls someone's scumread on me wrong the way that she did?

I do not... I am not someone who should be cleared and shielded this flippantly...

it's just TMI
Mac lock town im hard shielding him
Mac is lock town for pointing out the most obvious atrocity in the game and not voting for it?
Translation:
Are you really townreading him for bad reasons now? Cmon bro he almost got himself voted.

Juicy post for later maybe.
I feel like Mac was once in my sphere of influence, so I'm trying to annex him with an easy town read like the United States with Taiwan. I will also support him in his conflict with Seanzie.
The ancient and prosperous relationship between the Great Societies of Axe and Mac will once again flourish like a springtime bloom. May our peoples be intertwined as one and our enemies quake in fear.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I think people often underestimate what others learn about them when they are forced to do things.

I don't think putting Tommy under the microscope would be great at determining things, no. My history of "new to FM" players is not great when put into a blender day one and told to dodge. The reason I think they become more clear later on is they have been given what the have asked for in more than just analysis of WIFOM as Tommy said. I don't agree with this, but there are a lot of players who just suck day one and I feel like we have more than Tommy just taking up space. For example, a lot less discussed but voting Tommy is Axe whose meta I don't know but who has done the same amount except with a worse explanation for not voting Porscha than anything Tommy has done. Yet Axe is fine, and Tommy is in PoE. It's... peculiar to me.

If FM is not for Tommy there are mechanics in place to deal with that tbh.

Also Porscha being granted more time is all well and good if she can explain a very clear contradiction of thought. It's just one post that I found very suspect after all, but that does need to be addressed ASAP before it can be moved on from whereas Tommy I don't think has done anything overtly suspicious outside of being meh.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:51 am
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:46 am
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:43 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:18 am
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:01 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:05 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:04 am

Mac lock town im hard shielding him
Mac is lock town for pointing out the most obvious atrocity in the game and not voting for it?
Translation:
Are you really townreading him for bad reasons now? Cmon bro he almost got himself voted.

Juicy post for later maybe.
I feel like Mac was once in my sphere of influence, so I'm trying to annex him with an easy town read like the United States with Taiwan. I will also support him in his conflict with Seanzie.
He's in conflict with Seanzie? Must have missed that, I just saw some preflip association concerning Nanook and axe, but I guess it was a good fit in your sentence.
And he might be avoiding Rondo.

Feels a lot like Rondo/Mac are v/w and they signed an armistice for today tbh.
What makes you feel that way?
The reluctant townreading of Rondo from MacDougall after claiming to want to p-lynch him.
Rondo appearing like he's holding back.

Two pillars working for different goals, almost barely tolerating each other.
This day might come down to which pillar to pick.
You ... are a very very wise cookie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:08 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:05 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:50 pm Well let's see off the top of my head...

Mac hasn't found me as town yet but I think he found me when I was eating breakfast.

Sean misunderstood my words on reading him in the most obvious town way possible

Rondo does not like my attempts to pocket him which I think I'd reasonable he couldn't know I like being town double voter

Sabi appears to be confused why I am not doing mechanics like I did the last game we are in which is probably upon reflection a town take from them although one that lacks an understanding of my nuance.

Not sure if anyone else threw shade, phone posting now.

In general I have been called awkward a few times but I feel very comfy now. New sites/functions on s technical level take me a little bit to settle into but this green setting is soothing and watched my boy Rengoku in demon slayer set his heart ablaze again so now I am good to go.
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:52 pm Oh yeah ender had some problem with me that came off as earnest solving.
Thanks. Are you town reading all these players?

Yeah, although sabi is pretty soft and Mac can go side ways pretty quick depending on if Porscha is a hit or not. Others feel more solid.
explain how porscha's alignment indicates mine in any logical/reasonable way or die for this
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:58 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 pm I mostly prefer Tommy or Porscha as a chop

Three hours before the post she said she had no one above null and made no mention of mac in between ;o
No? I went back to look and
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:19 pm yeah I guess I TL mac and wilgy right now
kuti seems on par from the MU game I played with her
I'm not a big day 1 player, I find it's really only useful later in the game to retrospectively see how people interacted
Town read on Mac and Wilgy
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:23 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:21 pm
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:15 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:13 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:03 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:02 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:30 pm Town

Dyslexicon
Sabi

Mafia

Achro
Tommy
put me on the list
Town

Dyslexicon
Sabi

Mafia

Achro
Tommy

POLICY DAY 1 CHOP

Rondo
This is really a waste of time and I am sad that Mac wants to push me so quickly especially when I see him as potential town leader
mac is a town leader regardless of his alignment
only if you accept he is town leader and by how you are talking you have already done so. So you think Mac is town? OR are you happy to let a wolf take the lead and slank?
I don't have a reason to SR mac right now, I usually start most games with him TL'd, so he's gonna do what he's gonna do. my statement about him being a town leader is less about my personal perspective of him, and more about how I think he influences the games he plays
Another town read or assuming him town.
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:28 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:22 pm
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:19 pm yeah I guess I TL mac and wilgy right now
kuti seems on par from the MU game I played with her
I'm not a big day 1 player, I find it's really only useful later in the game to retrospectively see how people interacted
@Porscha what about the other players
I don't have a strong enough opinion on anybody else to place them above null. I don't have experience with lucy or achro or tommy, etc. nothing they've said or done strikes me as town or scum

dizzy seemed normal I guess? I have a hard time reading them

I think rondo sounds townie atm so he can go into TL pile
And I guess this is what you're referring to, where she says she doesn't have a strong town read on anybody else

Which is a lot different actually
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I think I talked myself into

[VOTE: Tommy] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:12 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:10 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:50 pm Well let's see off the top of my head...

Mac hasn't found me as town yet but I think he found me when I was eating breakfast.

Sean misunderstood my words on reading him in the most obvious town way possible

Rondo does not like my attempts to pocket him which I think I'd reasonable he couldn't know I like being town double voter

Sabi appears to be confused why I am not doing mechanics like I did the last game we are in which is probably upon reflection a town take from them although one that lacks an understanding of my nuance.

In general I have been called awkward a few times but I feel very comfy now. New sites/functions on s technical level take me a little bit to settle into but this green setting is soothing and watched my boy Rengoku in demon slayer set his heart ablaze again so now I am good to go.
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:52 pm Oh yeah ender had some problem with me that came off as earnest solving.

Yeah, although sabi is pretty soft and Mac can go side ways pretty quick depending on if Porscha is a hit or not. Others feel more solid.
Can you explain the Porscha - Mac connection to me?

Mac had a problem with the same post I did so if porscha is a wolf that looks like a really good hit. If not, then I can see a lot of scenarios where a wolf Mac would see a town member post that and leap at a chance to make them look bad. It's not wolfy in isolation but it's the strongest clearing factor for Mac atm.
So you think that Mac as mafia would see Porscha the town drop a lock town read on me, and my reaction would be to attack her for it?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:09 pm

explain how porscha's alignment indicates mine in any logical/reasonable way or die for this
Because I don't trust you as far as I can throw you but pointing out when scum TMI's you is usually pretty good for your town equity
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:10 pm

Mac had a problem with the same post I did so if porscha is a wolf that looks like a really good hit. If not, then I can see a lot of scenarios where a wolf Mac would see a town member post that and leap at a chance to make them look bad. It's not wolfy in isolation but it's the strongest clearing factor for Mac atm.
So you think that Mac as mafia would see Porscha the town drop a lock town read on me, and my reaction would be to attack her for it?
I'd do that as a wolf, but I am also cognizant that pushing people who townread me is something I instinctively do as town.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

It's possible yes. This is where I admit I don't really know how good of a wolf you are but I am wary from your posting style.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:54 pm

I've been toying with the idea that you're bad, yeah.

Mac I felt pretty confident about off very little information, and no longer feel much of anything, but I trust my early gut reactions enough to not write the read off. Sabi I never actually scumread, I just pushed there because I thought Mac was scum and I think Sabi or Mac did something that made me question if they were partners, so I decided to push there just to see if Sabi would just obvout as a wolf with Mac. They didn't, so I am no longer pushing there, even though I am kind of personally irked by how they've acted about me pushing them and they keep saying I'm "confbiasing" when really I think they're accusing me of scumreading them because of personal out-of-game things (that don't exist from my side, but I get how sometimes other people see other things so meh... I get it even if I don't think it is there), not confbiasing, and instead of considering the fact that I might actually just be playing the game and trying to figure out why I might be pushing them, they've decided to just assume they know me and have said they will just ignore me.
You can't scum read me, I already have the Ender phseal of approval gg

I get what irked you about the situation. Beyond that, I feel like Sabi felt townie both in that interaction, but especially just early game. She feels curious about the game. I have also known her to react emotionally (as we all do sometimes, and is natural in a game of mafia) on other occasions.

I like Mac on vibe and I like Mac on direction

Can I ask who you think are mafia if Mac is not mafia?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:27 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:23 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:18 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:49 pm

Dyslexicon
Sabi

Mafia

Achro
Tommy
I am insulted, Mac.
What is the insult tbh tbh
He didn't include me.
But should he? Or was it more jokey?
I've had a near 100% mac read since I joined TS, and I know for a fact that he is not a fan of wolfing against me. I had posted, multiple times at that point, and due to not necessarily wanting my attention as a wolf, I think he would be more likely to wager an early guess at my alignment there as town than as wolf.
You really need to fact check this man. You have a heightened perception of your ability to read me. You tend to suspect me in most games we play regardless of my alignment so you're going to be right often when I am mafia, but I or you die to NKs when you do it to me when we're both town so it doesn't factor into your perception of the quality of your read.

Trust me when I say you are no better at reading me than anyone else. I hate wolfing against you because you just strictly tunnel me, not because you have a good read on me.

I didn't offer a read on you in this game yet for 2 reasons, the primary being that you were pure null based on your content up until that point.

The second was to try to bait you into making your alignment more obvious. You overreacting to my ignorance is town indicative for you. As a wolf you would generally not provoke me like this.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:12 pmI'd do that as a wolf, but I am also cognizant that pushing people who townread me is something I instinctively do as town.
Lol, was just about to say that I think you're likely town here, and waiting for the "Why am I town?"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'll elaborate. I hate wolfing against you because not only do you start from a place of suspicion towards me in all games, you have a flawed perception of how I play mafia so you often catch me for bad reasons anyway and then confirmation bias the read (like you are doing to town me in this very game). And then you cannot be reasoned with.

I am not saying that you have no history of correctly townreading me in games mind you. It has happened.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 655
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:15 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:43 pmI'm just gay
Never related more to anything in my life tbh
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:15 pm Yes, that was the first relevant post I stopped at
I'm going to regret being in your pocket aren't I
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:18 pm I'll elaborate. I hate wolfing against you because not only do you start from a place of suspicion towards me in all games, you have a flawed perception of how I play mafia so you often catch me for bad reasons anyway and then confirmation bias the read (like you are doing to town me in this very game). And then you cannot be reasoned with.

I am not saying that you have no history of correctly townreading me in games mind you. It has happened.
Ah, I refer to this as "Dark_Spiraling"
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:18 pm I think the vote on Sean is a bit meh from Kuti. Not really that effective but cares about not getting tommy launched. Achro on the other hand votes Porscha, has a more plausible agenda here by being on a feasible counterwagon, but I don't trust them to be town as I did earlier (to preserve some sanity probably).

I mean sure, let's skip tommy for freepass reasons if you insist, but then we should probably discuss if one-two mafias aren't sitting on the Porscha wagon atm.

And if not, what that makes Rondo and Sabi.
I made that vote at the start of the game. I haven't moved it yet because I'm still thinking. You know how I am in game, I rarely. Move. My vote
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:12 pm

I'd do that as a wolf, but I am also cognizant that pushing people who townread me is something I instinctively do as town.
Well you should stop because disrupting the enemy while they are making mistake is an ancient battle folly. Have you never read Art of War?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:15 pm Yes, that was the first relevant post I stopped at
No we are friends and this is love and I'm not like that awful time when I dared rand wolfu uwu I promise and Lime made me do it wasn't my fault
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:16 pm

Dyslexicon
Sabi

Mafia

Achro
Tommy
I am insulted, Mac.
He didn't include me.
I've had a near 100% mac read since I joined TS, and I know for a fact that he is not a fan of wolfing against me. I had posted, multiple times at that point, and due to not necessarily wanting my attention as a wolf, I think he would be more likely to wager an early guess at my alignment there as town than as wolf.
You really need to fact check this man. You have a heightened perception of your ability to read me. You tend to suspect me in most games we play regardless of my alignment so you're going to be right often when I am mafia, but I or you die to NKs when you do it to me when we're both town so it doesn't factor into your perception of the quality of your read.

Trust me when I say you are no better at reading me than anyone else. I hate wolfing against you because you just strictly tunnel me, not because you have a good read on me.

I didn't offer a read on you in this game yet for 2 reasons, the primary being that you were pure null based on your content up until that point.

The second was to try to bait you into making your alignment more obvious. You overreacting to my ignorance is town indicative for you. As a wolf you would generally not provoke me like this.
Name a t/t game where I scumread you and/or a t/s game where I townread you.

We have almost no t/t games. I think TF2, Ducktales, and JJJ's highschool crushes were the only ones, and I townread you in all three. I've never townread you in a game you were mafia though.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'll further add that Seanzie is likely to eventually realise that his initial scumread on me in this game was bogus and then he'll file this game under one where he read me correctly, forgetting that he demonstrably read me poorly in it and it'll further heighten his perception of his quality of reading me without even factoring in that he'll be last to get there on the most obvious town version of me and has demonstrated the worst ability to read me of everyone in this game including randoms like Flanders, Vivax and Rondo.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:27 pm But yeah I'm not too worried rn, between Mac ender dizzy axe wilgy there's probably enough juice that I don't really have to worry about thread presence for awhile

I lowkey think if the time comes that I need to I can probably get achro to find me if we're on at the same time, less sure about that one
This is pretty towny for Nook imo
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Friends:
Sabi
Mac
Sean
Nook
Vivax

I think Mac and Sean should make out now
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:23 pm

I am insulted, Mac.
He didn't include me.

We have almost no t/t games. I think TF2, Ducktales, and JJJ's highschool crushes were the only ones, and I townread you in all three. I've never townread you in a game you were mafia though.
So you are saying to me that in every game you have opened with a static immoveable read on me?

Because we both know that's a load of shit.

Reads evolve during games and often change back and forth. So in games where you did that, do those moments where you read me the wrong alignment not apply?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:25 pm Friends:
Sabi
Mac
Sean
Nook
Vivax

I'd like that.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:23 pm I'll further add that Seanzie is likely to eventually realise that his initial scumread on me in this game was bogus and then he'll file this game under one where he read me correctly, forgetting that he demonstrably read me poorly in it and it'll further heighten his perception of his quality of reading me without even factoring in that he'll be last to get there on the most obvious town version of me and has demonstrated the worst ability to read me of everyone in this game including randoms like Flanders, Vivax and Rondo.
Yes, if by the end of today I townread you, I will consider that a correct sort.

As someone who is similar to me in which I feel you feel people's alignments out by interacting with them and often pushing them before actually fully internally committing one way or the other, I'd expect you to understand the process.

You seem awfully worried about my claim about how well I read you.

Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Seanzie couldn't be more town if he was my mason buddy at this point tbh
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

@Seanzie I will stop ignoring you. I'm sorry uwu
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:23 pm I'll further add that Seanzie is likely to eventually realise that his initial scumread on me in this game was bogus and then he'll file this game under one where he read me correctly, forgetting that he demonstrably read me poorly in it and it'll further heighten his perception of his quality of reading me without even factoring in that he'll be last to get there on the most obvious town version of me and has demonstrated the worst ability to read me of everyone in this game including randoms like Flanders, Vivax and Rondo.
Yes, if by the end of today I townread you, I will consider that a correct sort.

As someone who is similar to me in which I feel you feel people's alignments out by interacting with them and often pushing them before actually fully internally committing one way or the other, I'd expect you to understand the process.

The bolded is case in point for why you're annoying to deal with. You say things that aren't alignment indicative for anyone as though they are and let them guide you to irrational solves. You've just (as you point out) rarely had to contend with a rand where we are both town before. You are a recipient of good fortune and I am a victim of it.

Of course I understand the process. But you saying you're the best mac reader ever when you're the only one here that's wrong is asinine when I know you are going to reflect on this game later as another one you got me right in. Like I am pre eye-rolling at you for pointing this game out as another example of Seanzie's masterful mac read.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:26 pm
Sabi
Mac
Sean
Nook
Vivax

I'd like that.
Could I watch
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:25 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:23 pm

He didn't include me.

So you are saying to me that in every game you have opened with a static immoveable read on me?

Because we both know that's a load of shit.

Reads evolve during games and often change back and forth. So in games where you did that, do those moments where you read me the wrong alignment not apply?
No. I don't consider the pushes I do on people to determine their alignment as an actual read. It is a tool to form a read. Sure, I can then p-hack my way into having great reads using that, but I don't actually think that is indicative, and I have pretty solidly townread you multiple times when you were town when I almost never actually state townreads (when town), and I have only hardtunneled you when you were scum.

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:23 pm
No we are friends and this is love and I'm not like that awful time when I dared rand wolfu uwu I promise and Lime made me do it wasn't my fault
Sigh do you have wifi and hot bottle in your pocket. Maybe some ice cream.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sean has a bias for distrust rather than trust. This is why we love him.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:30 pm
I have gay shit
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Well you get to define what hard tunneling is vs. tunneling vs. not tunneling so I suppose only you get to measure how well you can read me by that metric. From my perspective this is a game in which you are demonstrating you have no idea how to read me because everyone else in the game can see that I am in my most obvious of town metas except you.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

My head hurts too much to read Mac and Sean ego stroking themselves to climax.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:30 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:30 pm
I have gay shit
Works for me
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sabi
Mac
Sean
Nook
Vivax

Ender should be here as well probably
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:26 pm
Sabi
Mac
Sean
Nook
Vivax

I'd like that.
Could I watch
Of course, that is the utopian society I am seeking to build
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:31 pm My head hurts too much to read Mac and Sean ego stroking themselves to climax.
Omg yaas
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:29 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:26 pm

The bolded is case in point for why you're annoying to deal with. You say things that aren't alignment indicative for anyone as though they are and let them guide you to irrational solves. You've just (as you point out) rarely had to contend with a rand where we are both town before. You are a recipient of good fortune and I am a victim of it.

Of course I understand the process. But you saying you're the best mac reader ever when you're the only one here that's wrong is asinine when I know you are going to reflect on this game later as another one you got me right in. Like I am pre eye-rolling at you for pointing this game out as another example of Seanzie's masterful mac read.
argumentum ad populum and honestly not a good look for Mac tbh.

Consider me underwhelmed by mac.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:31 pm My head hurts too much to read Mac and Sean ego stroking themselves to climax.
If you actually read it, you would see I am not ego stroking myself. There's nothing egotistical about what I am saying.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Sean and Mac would be perfect enemies to lovers trope for any syndicate related fanfic.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME get on writing that

Return to “Previous Heists”