Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Chris
Tyrant

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 11

Post by Chris »

*correction, she would have had the choice of checking LC, BR or Elo last night.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:*correction, she would have had the choice of checking LC, BR or Elo last night.
Dear God.

Donna would have had the choice of only LC or BR on night 10. Elo died before she knew it.

Sorry.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

I need to go to sleep now people. Goodnight all! :offtobed:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

So it might be hard/scary to make false role claims (unless the recruiter is still recruiting and Donna is a recruit) which makes me, at this point, kinda go BOTD re Faraday.

Linki :) Night Snowy
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

keys56000000000 wrote:I might have ragequitted a little back there, my apologies.

I think I might give DF a bye for his role hint. No one has come forth to contest it, so unless he knows whom The Odd was, or is gambling that he knows whom The Odd was (I certainly don't recall anyone else hinting at it, but I'm not a show-watcher), he might very well be The Odd.

Any thoughts on Hedgeowl and Gotrees? I'm curious to know if anyone can vouch for Dom. I'm considering a Hedgeowl vote.

It's the Ood. Sounds like, what is that yellow pus exuuuding from your leg? :haha:

Also, I really appreciate your support this election season. Thanks for that vote of confidence. :noble:

Linki bsg :hugs:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I don't know what to think regarding DF or anyone else anymore.

The only thing I'm sure of is Snow Dog is bad. So for now, my vote is resting there.

*votes Snow*
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Snow Dog wrote:Look Hedge, sweet Hedge. Just recruit me too so I can win as well!!! :lorab:
:shrug:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I am also curious why people seem so confident in accepting role hints in the thread as canon. First of all, I didn't even know that was allowed, however subtle. Secondly, I trust absolutely no one in mafia, ever, so I don't know why others are keen to do so. I thought I had caught the Ood role hint from DF, but I ignored it because...once again, I trust no one, and I brushed it off as a DW joke because it seemed too...outing. Like, no way he was actually saying that and getting away with it.

As for myself and looking at me, I am not playing under the radar. I am finally able to get back into a game with a reasonable number of people and (almost) reasonable number of posts to read after work (I will probably avoid most large games after this, since I have so much trouble keeping up). You will waste your time and valuable votes on me for being "quiet" and on incorrect speculation. With that being said, I'm willing to offer what I can to the conversation, and whatever is asked of me to defend/explain.

On another note, I find your theory of the recruiter possibly dying early interesting, MP. I'm probably asking a dumb question, but who do people believe the recruiter is playing for? The Cybers? Or a secret role? Or both? God I have a feeling this has been answered and someone's gonna bang their head against the wall...

Linki - Damn, MP, glad that vote is "subject to change!" You'll be a very sad, sad sock if you're followed by others :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

nijuukyugou wrote: I'm probably asking a dumb question, but who do people believe the recruiter is playing for? The Cybers? Or a secret role? Or both? God I have a feeling this has been answered and someone's gonna bang their head against the wall...
I think until very recently, it's been assumed that they are out for themselves. Kill everybody else.

At least that's what I'll believe for the foreseeable future.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Let's play a BSG game next, yay!

I think at this stage of the game, throwing out a role hint is an acceptable risk. After all, there's a good chance later in the game that the role is dead. And who knows, maybe by some recruiting btsc jiggery, DF knows The Ood (thanks Hedge ;) ) is dead. I would say The Ood is a convenient role to pretend to be, since it's a lone civ, but there is the potential that someone targeted the Ood, had the action reversed back on them, and they therefore know who The Ood is. Because of that extra element, I'd personally be against pretending to be that role. I'd risk hinting at another. Idk. In this particular case, I feel 60/40ish that the hint is genuine.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

So...

Eloh died the first time. She ain't The Master.

DF apparently hinted at something or other (I don't understand how, but apparently there's a lot of that going around). So he ain't The Master.

According to my spreadsheet, that means The Master is either Dom or Nijuu.

And one of these two people shall be receiving my vote.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

keys56000000000 wrote:I might have ragequitted a little back there, my apologies.

I think I might give DF a bye for his role hint. No one has come forth to contest it, so unless he knows whom The Odd was, or is gambling that he knows whom The Odd was (I certainly don't recall anyone else hinting at it, but I'm not a show-watcher), he might very well be The Odd.

Any thoughts on Hedgeowl and Gotrees? I'm curious to know if anyone can vouch for Dom. I'm considering a Hedgeowl vote.
Juliets had some solid thoughts on Gotrees a while back, but I don't remember much about it.

Speaking of Juliets... who did she replace in for again?
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think Parks and Rec mafia needs to be hosted LITERALLY right the fuck now. :srsnod:
YASSSS
nijuukyugou wrote:I am also curious why people seem so confident in accepting role hints in the thread as canon. First of all, I didn't even know that was allowed, however subtle. Secondly, I trust absolutely no one in mafia, ever, so I don't know why others are keen to do so. I thought I had caught the Ood role hint from DF, but I ignored it because...once again, I trust no one, and I brushed it off as a DW joke because it seemed too...outing. Like, no way he was actually saying that and getting away with it.

As for myself and looking at me, I am not playing under the radar. I am finally able to get back into a game with a reasonable number of people and (almost) reasonable number of posts to read after work (I will probably avoid most large games after this, since I have so much trouble keeping up). You will waste your time and valuable votes on me for being "quiet" and on incorrect speculation. With that being said, I'm willing to offer what I can to the conversation, and whatever is asked of me to defend/explain.

On another note, I find your theory of the recruiter possibly dying early interesting, MP. I'm probably asking a dumb question, but who do people believe the recruiter is playing for? The Cybers? Or a secret role? Or both? God I have a feeling this has been answered and someone's gonna bang their head against the wall...

Linki - Damn, MP, glad that vote is "subject to change!" You'll be a very sad, sad sock if you're followed by others :P
This post does not point at a single person you are suspicious of.
Who do you think should be lynched and why?
I ask because I may vote for you otherwise.
keys56000000000 wrote:Let's play a BSG game next, yay!

I think at this stage of the game, throwing out a role hint is an acceptable risk. After all, there's a good chance later in the game that the role is dead. And who knows, maybe by some recruiting btsc jiggery, DF knows The Ood (thanks Hedge ;) ) is dead. I would say The Ood is a convenient role to pretend to be, since it's a lone civ, but there is the potential that someone targeted the Ood, had the action reversed back on them, and they therefore know who The Ood is. Because of that extra element, I'd personally be against pretending to be that role. I'd risk hinting at another. Idk. In this particular case, I feel 60/40ish that the hint is genuine.
I feel similarly.

I am not the Master, Epig.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:I am not the Master, Epig.
Super.

So Nijuu is then?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Super.

So Nijuu is then?
I don't have as many roles squared away as you seem to, so if that's what you have deduced, then yes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000 wrote:Let's play a BSG game next, yay!

I'm with you on this, is there a reason DFaraday can't be a Cyber? Who rolechecked, say, Elohcin, and then killed her to claim her role? Did he hint before she died?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Super.

So Nijuu is then?
I don't have as many roles squared away as you seem to, so if that's what you have deduced, then yes.
Do you want to know how I know nijuu isn't The Master and that you're telling me a story?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Super.

So Nijuu is then?
Do you want to know how I know nijuu isn't The Master and that you're telling me a story?
*leans forward intently*
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

On a separate note, are the Cybers trying to kill The Master? They have recently killed two people who have survived a nightkill, Long Con 1.0 and Elohcin.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

LOL - I love the passioned interest in the parks and rec mafia. That said, I only posted the thread to reserve the idea (tbh, I'm surpised llama and goosey didn't do it already....

it's very very early in the planning stages and we want it to be as epic as possible for you guys. :noble: So....RTFN isn't going to happen.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Super.

So Nijuu is then?
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Dom wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:I am also curious why people seem so confident in accepting role hints in the thread as canon. First of all, I didn't even know that was allowed, however subtle. Secondly, I trust absolutely no one in mafia, ever, so I don't know why others are keen to do so. I thought I had caught the Ood role hint from DF, but I ignored it because...once again, I trust no one, and I brushed it off as a DW joke because it seemed too...outing. Like, no way he was actually saying that and getting away with it.

This post does not point at a single person you are suspicious of.
Who do you think should be lynched and why?
I ask because I may vote for you otherwise.
I have no reason to believe DF is telling the truth. At this point, I will likely vote him.

Oh, and yeah, I'm not the Master. Pretty sure I've said that. Do not waste your vote.

Linki - :haha:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Long Con wrote:On a separate note, are the Cybers trying to kill The Master? They have recently killed two people who have survived a nightkill, Long Con 1.0 and Elohcin.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Super.

So Nijuu is then?
I'm intrigued 'cause it's wrong as hell.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

He's not gonna tell you.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

While we wait...

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

S~V~S wrote:He's not gonna tell you.
Is that a strategy I don't know yet?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Super.

So Nijuu is then?
I'm intrigued 'cause it's wrong as hell.
Mister Rearanger - Nightkilled Night 1 by The Master
Enrique was not killed by the Master
Spacedaisy -Killed N5 by The Master
Moving PIctures - Killed Night 7
Black Rock - Killed N9 by The Master

Do you know who isn't on that list? Me.

In all this time, nijuu would have tried to kill me if she had a kill. I believe that with all my filthy, dark, FEB heart. Instead, the kills were MR, Enrique, Spacedaisy, MP, and Black Rock. Odd choices from a person who has never played with Spacedaisy, and never played with Black Rock.

In conclusion:

:eye:

And votes.

Addendum: Rude SVS!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Not really the way to get votes. Why can't Epig be The Master? :eye:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Damn non-linkitis posting! Fail, site! Fail.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Long Con wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Idk, why can't Epi be the Master? :eye:

Linki :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Black Rock was also killed by The Master very soon after stating that she thinks Dom is The Master, but has no proof.

Thought that might factor in.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
I have no role for him-- so I suppose he could.

Well, Epig, I hate to say that you're wrong, but you are. Not much I can say about what you just said.

And LC, again, there's not much I can say about that... it's just WIFOM city.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Really, Epi? She can't be bad cause she didn't target you?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I hope that whoever has Strax's player pegged, or thinks they do, won't let us lynch him. I don't have a clue who it is, just who it's not. I don't want anyone to respond to this, just... I don't want to lose Strax.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Really, Epi? She can't be bad cause she didn't target you?
I didn't say she couldn't be bad. Please don't twist my words. I was quite specific.

The Master is Dom or Nijuu.

Assuming that, whom would you choose?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Why is that assumption being made?
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Long Con wrote:Black Rock was also killed by The Master very soon after stating that she thinks Dom is The Master, but has no proof.

:ponder:

I do not remember that post from her. It would seem weird for Dom to kill her if that were the case though...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:Why is that assumption being made?
Cause Epi said so?
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 9

Post by Long Con »

Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:BR who are your top suspects and why?

I suspect DFaraday. Something weird happened last night that I can't find how it would happen so I am still unsure about him. I also suspect Epig and Dom. Dom is actually my main suspect for The Master. I just can't pull anything together to support my gut feel on that.
There ya go!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Cause Epi said so?
You witnessed my righteous indignation in Clue (sorry about that :blush: ).

I am a spreadsheet convert now.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Long Con wrote:Black Rock was also killed by The Master very soon after stating that she thinks Dom is The Master, but has no proof.

I do not remember that post from her. It would seem weird for Dom to kill her if that were the case though...
I'm curious, Hedge, what do you mean by "weird"?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom's votes

1 Rico
2 Made
3 Made
4 Made
5 Rico
6 Epig 2.0
7 Chris
8 Sabie
9 Bass
10 Bass
11 DFaraday

One thing's for sure... Dom sure was ALL OVER dem Daleks early on....

But anyway, looking at the votes, I'd say that if I had to pin a role on Dom right now, I'd say he's a Cyber. Not convinced though. The Master? Not feeling it, but I suppose it could be. Not enough for me to change my vote or anything....
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Cause Epi said so?
Oh ok.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Dom wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

Weird, odd, strange, obvious, peculiar.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Dom wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

I'm curious Hedge, what do you mean by odd, strange, obvious, peculiar?

Just kidding. :p

I always felt that people who automatically discount a kill because it would be obvious are missing the beauty of hiding in plain site.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Dom wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

I just mean, do you think it is something I wouldn't do?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom, why did you vote for me this Day, but you never voted for me again?

Epignosis 2.0
Roxy (9), S~V~S (10), Chris (11), Dom (12), Long Con (14), Bass_the_Clever (19), Metalmarsh89 (22) 32%

MetalMarsh
MovingPictures07 (7), DFaraday (8), juliets (13), Epignosis (16), Snow Dog (17), Elohcin (20), Hedgeowl (21) 32%
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Dom, why did you vote for me this Day, but you never voted for me again?

Epignosis 2.0
Roxy (9), S~V~S (10), Chris (11), Dom (12), Long Con (14), Bass_the_Clever (19), Metalmarsh89 (22) 32%

MetalMarsh
MovingPictures07 (7), DFaraday (8), juliets (13), Epignosis (16), Snow Dog (17), Elohcin (20), Hedgeowl (21) 32%
I believe that was the lynch I was in NYC for and was not really paying attention tbh
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Epig, SVS is the only one to vote for you again... not sure what you're getting at here....

Day 7
Epignosis 2.0
S~V~S (20)

Day 8
Meanie Head (Epi 2.0)
No votes

Day 9
Epi
No votes

Day 10
Epi
No votes

But as long as we're asking questions like that...

Epig, why did you vote for me on day 7, and never vote for me again? And the company you're keeping in that vote doesn't look too great....

Jerry bear (Chris)
Epignosis (6), sabie12 (13), Snow Dog (14)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Dom, why did you vote for me this Day, but you never voted for me again?

Epignosis 2.0

MetalMarsh
I believe that was the lynch I was in NYC for and was not really paying attention tbh
Perhaps.
Dom wrote:OK guys! I'm here right now. However, today I am doing quite a bit. I'm going up to Morningside Heights, coming back down for dinner, and then seeing Hedwig. That puts me at around 10:00 get back time. I have no idea if we're gonna do anything else, so I must vote now. I feel really crappy for not participating today, but this is my mini-vacation, so I don't actually feel bad. :p

Thank you for the summaries, everyone. I read those. I feel quite compelled about both MM and Epig, to be honest. I think Epig is being a bit too pedantic, a bit too difficult, and a bit too rude to actually be trying to lynch baddies at this point. I also think MM could have been distancing. I will now vote for Epig. I honestly think they're both bad.
We're both bad, but you vote for me. And then, after MM is lynched, you never vote for me again? Ever?

That's distancing 101. "My teammate and Player E are both bad, but I'm going to vote Player E for now."

Return to “Previous Jobs”