Moderator: Community Team

robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by robyn »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:18 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:01 pm how do these specific posts from lucy make you feel like she was projecting "having WIM"? if anything, these posts project the opposite of that
The way lucy expressed "SILVERKEITH GOD" which felt like lucy gained WIM from last game and followed up here.

Her fourth post concerned me though because it felt a bit uncharacteristic from her and busywork.
lol. lmao. even
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362

Post by Creature »

Maybe it's OMGUS but I feel like I can read people better when they push me.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:21 pm Maybe it's OMGUS but I feel like I can read people better when they push me.
*shoves you against a locker* /sx
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:01 pm (in general i feel like creature slightly overplayed how much he was agreeing with me/shared a similar view of the game as me in several of his posts across pgs 7-8, ESPECIALLY since he was constantly reluctant about townreading me in the last game we played, but i think i'm paranoid about getting pocketed by him)
I kinda respect your reads when you're town. I sheeped you a lot last game (mainly on SilverKeith) and got paranoid of you when you started to get wrong.

Anyway, a lot of my reads this game have been independent. Hell, I even opposed your read on Seanzie and thought you could be wolf for pushing him and Lilypetal (if both are town).
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:16 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:14 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:12 pm im tempted to say that the dynamic between lilypetal/creature is not T/T because both of them are weirding me and posting vaguely concerning things and i dislike the way that creature is positioning himself around lilypetal but it's just a gut feeling
I was pretty quick to put lilypetal in the townbin in my last wolf game (she was town) ftr. Do you think we can be w/w?
the fact that you're asking me this question means that you probably aren't
What about me w/lily v?
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:20 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:01 pm creature is it normal for you to OMGUS? i feel like you dropped mac into your POE almost exclusively because he was scumreading u, and i wouldnt mind if u were being honest about that, but you saying he's scummy because he is "forced" makes me feel like ur lying about the real reason
I confess I kinda saw Mac voted me first before I made that read. Still Mac's posts felt like artificially raising his post count and I kinda have the feeling his push on me is more forced here than it was on Spiritfarer (where we were town) and Midnight Mash (where he was town and I was wolf).
alright. fwiw i got town vibes from mac last night when he shifted from hard townreading me and deciding that he should sheep my read on aro to calling me a wolf and saying that i should die, just because it's the exact type of treatment that i'm used to mac giving me as town and i think his openings as a wolf are usually a bit more stiff/awkwardly focused on trying to fit a narrow worldview

i agree that he isn't obvious town yet, though
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I kinda feel like I'm a lot prone to misreading lucy here because it feels like she plays a lot more serious on this site than she does on MU. I kinda had the same vibe from her in the Halvosen Ridge game that led me to wrongly wolfread her on an MU game.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:26 pm I kinda feel like I'm a lot prone to misreading lucy here because it feels like she plays a lot more serious on this site than she does on MU. I kinda had the same vibe from her in the Halvosen Ridge game that led me to wrongly wolfread her on an MU game.
/p
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:24 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:16 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:14 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:12 pm im tempted to say that the dynamic between lilypetal/creature is not T/T because both of them are weirding me and posting vaguely concerning things and i dislike the way that creature is positioning himself around lilypetal but it's just a gut feeling
I was pretty quick to put lilypetal in the townbin in my last wolf game (she was town) ftr. Do you think we can be w/w?
the fact that you're asking me this question means that you probably aren't
What about me w/lily v?
well i decided that my paranoia against you was a brief delusion and that it didn't actually hold up once i started thinking about it more/seeing the way you were responding to my pressure

so, if there's a wolf between you and lily then i think it's probably lily, but i take back what i said about your dynamic not being pure since it was a read that i made a bit too hastily
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: lilypetal] aubergine

be back in a bit
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:26 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:20 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:01 pm creature is it normal for you to OMGUS? i feel like you dropped mac into your POE almost exclusively because he was scumreading u, and i wouldnt mind if u were being honest about that, but you saying he's scummy because he is "forced" makes me feel like ur lying about the real reason
I confess I kinda saw Mac voted me first before I made that read. Still Mac's posts felt like artificially raising his post count and I kinda have the feeling his push on me is more forced here than it was on Spiritfarer (where we were town) and Midnight Mash (where he was town and I was wolf).
alright. fwiw i got town vibes from mac last night when he shifted from hard townreading me and deciding that he should sheep my read on aro to calling me a wolf and saying that i should die, just because it's the exact type of treatment that i'm used to mac giving me as town and i think his openings as a wolf are usually a bit more stiff/awkwardly focused on trying to fit a narrow worldview

i agree that he isn't obvious town yet, though
Alright. If he's town maybe he'll get himself nightkilled and I'll only have to worry about him if he lives and doesn't get any pelt.

Still feels frustrating he always gets a free pass because "maybe he'll get fearkilled".
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: Lilypetal] aubergine
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@Alison hiiiiiiii
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i've decided that i'm going to read alison solely by her results in this game and that any other method is probably flawed
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:26 pm I kinda feel like I'm a lot prone to misreading lucy here because it feels like she plays a lot more serious on this site than she does on MU. I kinda had the same vibe from her in the Halvosen Ridge game that led me to wrongly wolfread her on an MU game.
I'm not multi tabbing for this game (mostly)
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:46 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:45 pm [VOTE: ] aubergine
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:44 pm 150 post cap, i can burn this fast and then i dont have to play mafia anymore
[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
this leads to you getting eliminated day 1 so as either alignment it's a bad play brah
Oh there was also this post.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 pm i've decided that i'm going to read alison solely by her results in this game and that any other method is probably flawed
we better Lynch scum today or I'm pushing the correct basket with scum
and nobody will throw in this game, thank fuck
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 pm i've decided that i'm going to read alison solely by her results in this game and that any other method is probably flawed
This game has a lot more "good at wolfing" players on the other hand.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:34 pm
makes it more fun and a more pure expression of mafia
makes tryharding actually matter and lets me play against logical actors
most fun thing ever is good competition, anything less and what the fuck are you even doing
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:34 pm
I literally see 0 negatives here, I assume you also prefer it, correct?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 388

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:36 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:02 pm Alison is a wolf in this game I think.

I think Lilypetal is also a wolf.

I think the third is probably like ... Seanzie?
Why is Alison a wolf?
it doesn't matter nobody is going to chop her on fay 1 for reasons I give
The game takes longer than one Day tho dude.

Get off the waaaaaahmbulance, and help solve if yer town
there's no wahmbulance
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:19 pm Mac is unfocused (null/very slight scum lean), I know what town Alison does for the rest of the cycle so I can get a solid read there
I'm curious how I'm the top TR though
I frankly have trouble reading creature
I don't have much to say or reads to give, or I'd give them
you're unfocused
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

focus is wolfy
arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:03 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:35 pm Also, I didn’t mention it earlier and but I have a slight tr Lucy more so because I feel like just like me, they are motivated to be better and are attempting to learn how different people play in this game and use their past knowledge to apply it in this game.

I will admit that this is more pro-town from Lucy and though I haven’t seen her mafia game, I’m inclined to give her a slight tr for how she’s come into the game so far.

Additionally, I liked her response to Nanook about questioning why they were on the list. Thought it was funny lol. Good sense of humor.
also wouldn't lucy be motivated to use her knowledge to improve the way she's playing regardless of her alignment? have you seen any evidence of her specifically using her experiences from the last game to inform her reads from this game? if not then it feels like you're townreading lucy for stating the intention to play in a towny way and not because she is actually playing in a towny way
Yea, that's why I asked her about the WIM thing and then asked to look at her games. I briefly skimmed through some of them and so I dropped that read I had, as I realized it was kind of a "jump the gun."

That's why I prefaced it by "pro-town" and should have made it more clear.

But one example so far that she has been trying to use those reads to improve is on my slot for example. In response to ur post about "me being obv town" she discredited by referencing prev games about me and my range. So similar to what I was saying to u, I could see some critical thought there and not a "plain ez sheep" on reading me town as well.

But one thing I do want to me more careful about is just handing out free town reads and then letting mafia creep up in my town list because of a faulty early read. So when reading and seeing how people were discussing about how Neon felt mafia like to them from Boq and Alison. I realized that it is a bit unfair for me to give a read for "vibing with the thread" that early on especially in RVS when it is easier for mafia. So I will hold that read and wait to see how Neon performs and makes reads and stuff like that.

I also need to reread and catch up. But I am free for a bit incase anyone wants to realtime.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:08 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:44 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:41 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:13 pm seems like the first v creature i have ever seen

lucy v i think and just taking a diff approach at the game

i liked spf/aro

still think mac is v from rvs alone but we'll have to see lmao
Why do you think those folks are v (aside from Mac since you have already said why)
iirc i've only played vs w!creature and this creature is going about day 1 completely differently and seems to be like trying? so i just easily v read that

lucy's whole thing in every game I've played with her is that she doesnt make reads day 1 for some reason but it seems like she's dropping that and playing properly and I think you start doing that in a V game because it would only be a boon for wolfing

spf and aro just have good vibes that remind me of them towning, it's not like a proper read just like a very very slight lean

i'd say rn i'm confident in Creature/Lucy Town

aro/spf/mac TL
this post actives my fight or flight instincts
cool I agree
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: lilypet] aubergine
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

From what I remember, Alison was incorrect in majority of her reads in our C v D. No offence Alison, so is there a reason you are just solely basing your read on Alison from a results perspective?

I remember you explicitly stated in our previous game with her that being results orientated isn't the end all be all. Wrong != mafia lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I agree
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Voting on this site is weird, because I vote on the submission, but it doesn't show in the thread.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

porscha but wack too
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Yo, Mac. I see you are here. If you don't mind, what's ur current shotgun of reads? I haven't caught up since around page 9ish. So I just wanted to realtime before I leave for a bit and then come back.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Lilypetal Ur dying today lel
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm Yo, Mac. I see you are here. If you don't mind, what's ur current shotgun of reads? I haven't caught up since around page 9ish. So I just wanted to realtime before I leave for a bit and then come back.
poe is like

Creature
Alison
porscha
lilypetal
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

townreads are like

spf and whoever she townreads
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

@lucy Just curious, would you say you are good at reading Alison? Or is it more of a one way street?

Cause if you guys are not w/w, I would likely just sheep a read there depending on how things go.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 289

Post by Alison »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:09 pm Based on the split vote count and nobody voting for me in spite of me 1 posting, I’d guess there are some opinionated people and not a clear towncore/poe.

I’ve been playing video games and working all day. Ping me with cases. Kthx
I suspect Neon, and I've briefly outlined my suspicion here. There's not a lot of focused solving, and part of that is that the thread feels low energy.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm Yo, Mac. I see you are here. If you don't mind, what's ur current shotgun of reads? I haven't caught up since around page 9ish. So I just wanted to realtime before I leave for a bit and then come back.
poe is like

Creature
Alison
porscha
lilypetal
oh ok, why Creature? I haven't read much since the morning, but I remember I had a slight tr on them earlier for some agreements in reads and seemed kinda spewy with thoughts kind of like Boq.

I actually was kind of feeling scummy vibes from Alison as well from our convo yesterday, but I think if Neon is w then Alison would look good. It just seemed like Alison was focused more on scum hunting and playing devil's advocate to me.

Also, I somewhat agree with lily tho I haven't really seen what they have done since the morning as well.

Nothing on Porscha lol
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:49 pm @lucy Just curious, would you say you are good at reading Alison? Or is it more of a one way street?

Cause if you guys are not w/w, I would likely just sheep a read there depending on how things go.
she's probably much better at reading me as town
but she's wolfed against me x2
and I haven't wolfed against her after 6ish games together
why would we be w/w or why would there be a wolf in us to begin with
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:49 pm townreads are like

spf and whoever she townreads
Doesn't SPF tr Creature? SO what's ur feeling on Creature then? Or why the sr?
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Also, speak of the devil, Alison is here lol
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:02 pm Alison is a wolf in this game I think.

Why is Alison a wolf?
true
but you should give your reasons anyway in case you get ml'd or nk'd
the way she is making matter of fact reads such as "these three players are town" with no reasoning offered, on slots it is sub optimal for Alison to be shielding because they are not >rand town slots anyway indicates Alison is not legitimately trying to sort alignments and is more interested in making people feel a way
This is an incredibly hypocritical post to make after you went "meh" and dipped when I tried to talk to you about the game... and it is doubly hypocritical to accuse me of throwing out matter of fact reads with no reasoning when you did the same yourself in your original post accusing me/lily/Seanzie of being wolves.

Have you never seen me give matter of fact reads and only explain reasoning when asked? Why are my townreads not >rand town?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm I confess I am getting a bit concerned about staypositivefriend, especially in the world both Lilypetal and Seanzie are town.
I was a wolf in the spec chat invitational but my post there about how to read SPF D1 was genuine and I'd endorse it this game.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

how well do u think you know my town game by now @Alison
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:51 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:49 pm @lucy Just curious, would you say you are good at reading Alison? Or is it more of a one way street?

oh ok I see. Thanks. What did you think of her early town read on you when she came into the game?

And oh, you misunderstood. I didn't say there was a mafia among yall or anything like that. I was just gonna see how accurate ur reads are on each other, and if I see as the game progresses that if you guys are not partners (not w/w), then I would likely sheep the confidence on the read since I saw Alison was tr you to begin the game. And likewise if you would tr Alison in the future with confidence I would sheep it as well, which is why I was asking how confident u are in reading Alison in general.

It's merely a hypothetical and future thought to keep in mind.
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 pm how well do u think you know my town game by now @Alison
I wouldn't call myself a lucy godreader or anything (especially since I haven't seen your scum game) but I think I have a decent grasp on how you think and where your priorities lie as town.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:55 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:51 pm

oh ok I see. Thanks. What did you think of her early town read on you when she came into the game?

And oh, you misunderstood. I didn't say there was a mafia among yall or anything like that. I was just gonna see how accurate ur reads are on each other, and if I see as the game progresses that if you guys are not partners (not w/w), then I would likely sheep the confidence on the read since I saw Alison was tr you to begin the game. And likewise if you would tr Alison in the future with confidence I would sheep it as well, which is why I was asking how confident u are in reading Alison in general.

It's merely a hypothetical and future thought to keep in mind.
I know her wolf game decently, and I'd trust her read on me much more than my read on her
I'd say accurate enough for mutual reads to be a clever and good idea that should be followed
I figure she knows my town game very well, in spec chat I SR her for not giving me a TR lmao
Alison

Post by Alison »

I have a lot more townreads than scumreads so I'm probably going to take a POE approach to this game and just try to solidify the people I am clearing.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm

Why is Alison a wolf?
true
but you should give your reasons anyway in case you get ml'd or nk'd
the way she is making matter of fact reads such as "these three players are town" with no reasoning offered, on slots it is sub optimal for Alison to be shielding because they are not >rand town slots anyway indicates Alison is not legitimately trying to sort alignments and is more interested in making people feel a way
This is an incredibly hypocritical post to make after you went "meh" and dipped when I tried to talk to you about the game... and it is doubly hypocritical to accuse me of throwing out matter of fact reads with no reasoning when you did the same yourself in your original post accusing me/lily/Seanzie of being wolves.

Have you never seen me give matter of fact reads and only explain reasoning when asked? Why are my townreads not >rand town?
What are ur current reads rn Alison? And @MacDougall , which slots do you refer to Alison tr as "suboptimal" and why they are not >rand town?

And tbf to Alison, she did give some reasonings for her sr like on Neon and I think somewhat on Lucy.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm
poe is like

Creature
Alison
porscha
lilypetal
Why is Creature in here?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:55 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 pm how well do u think you know my town game by now @Alison
I wouldn't call myself a lucy godreader or anything (especially since I haven't seen your scum game) but I think I have a decent grasp on how you think and where your priorities lie as town.
yeah this seems accurate, are you a godreader of anyone in this playerlist

Return to “Previous Hustles”