arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by arogame123 »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:55 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 pm how well do u think you know my town game by now @Alison
I wouldn't call myself a lucy godreader or anything (especially since I haven't seen your scum game) but I think I have a decent grasp on how you think and where your priorities lie as town.
You said she was town earlier. How confident are you on that read aorn?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:44 pm ok jack what do you think of mac

i'm kinda just assuming he's in half retired shit post mode so i'm not taking his nonsense too serious as alignment indicative
Mac washed
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 289
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

@MacDougall

I am actually very interested to hear why you are skeptical of my falcon townread especially. I think that I have a very good read on him when I am town and would likely be obligated to TMI him when I am mafia, especially with Two-Kill being so fresh in everyone's memory. You are usually the first to jump on this kind of reasoning with me especially and it is very odd that you have called him not >rand town as a result. What is your read on Falcon? Why did you go "don't bother voting me, you'll die" early on?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 388

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:36 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:02 pm Alison is a wolf in this game I think.

I think Lilypetal is also a wolf.

I think the third is probably like ... Seanzie?
Why is Alison a wolf?
it doesn't matter nobody is going to chop her on fay 1 for reasons I give
true
but you should give your reasons anyway in case you get ml'd or nk'd
the way she is making matter of fact reads such as "these three players are town" with no reasoning offered, on slots it is sub optimal for Alison to be shielding because they are not >rand town slots anyway indicates Alison is not legitimately trying to sort alignments and is more interested in making people feel a way
This is an incredibly hypocritical post to make after you went "meh" and dipped when I tried to talk to you about the game... and it is doubly hypocritical to accuse me of throwing out matter of fact reads with no reasoning when you did the same yourself in your original post accusing me/lily/Seanzie of being wolves.

Have you never seen me give matter of fact reads and only explain reasoning when asked? Why are my townreads not >rand town?
hypocrisy is nai and you know it so fixating on this is very scummy for someone who purports to only do gto and rational things
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:57 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:55 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:51 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:49 pm @lucy Just curious, would you say you are good at reading Alison? Or is it more of a one way street?

Cause if you guys are not w/w, I would likely just sheep a read there depending on how things go.
she's probably much better at reading me as town
but she's wolfed against me x2
and I haven't wolfed against her after 6ish games together
why would we be w/w or why would there be a wolf in us to begin with
oh ok I see. Thanks. What did you think of her early town read on you when she came into the game?

And oh, you misunderstood. I didn't say there was a mafia among yall or anything like that. I was just gonna see how accurate ur reads are on each other, and if I see as the game progresses that if you guys are not partners (not w/w), then I would likely sheep the confidence on the read since I saw Alison was tr you to begin the game. And likewise if you would tr Alison in the future with confidence I would sheep it as well, which is why I was asking how confident u are in reading Alison in general.

It's merely a hypothetical and future thought to keep in mind.
I know her wolf game decently, and I'd trust her read on me much more than my read on her
I'd say accurate enough for mutual reads to be a clever and good idea that should be followed
I figure she knows my town game very well, in spec chat I SR her for not giving me a TR lmao
Ah ok I see fs, ty! I will keep that in mind.

I also briefly skimmed your mafia games and I did see you portray similar WIM in the beginning so I was a bit foolish to tr you for the earlier reason I gave. :p

One thing I noticed tho is you are more aggressive with your reads and attempt to emotionally manipulate people in to voting your sr more often as town. Would you say that is correct?
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:58 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:55 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 pm how well do u think you know my town game by now @Alison
I wouldn't call myself a lucy godreader or anything (especially since I haven't seen your scum game) but I think I have a decent grasp on how you think and where your priorities lie as town.
yeah this seems accurate, are you a godreader of anyone in this playerlist
I think I have >>rand reads on falcon and Seanzie. It is possible for them to fool me, but I have had confident and largely correct reads on them historically.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm Yo, Mac. I see you are here. If you don't mind, what's ur current shotgun of reads? I haven't caught up since around page 9ish. So I just wanted to realtime before I leave for a bit and then come back.
poe is like

Creature
Alison
porscha
lilypetal
Why is Creature in here?
hes hitting wolf tells I've caught him for before and I don't vibe with him
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:59 pm

i'm kinda just assuming he's in half retired shit post mode so i'm not taking his nonsense too serious as alignment indicative
Mac washed
haha yeah but I've somehow tilted Alison so that's cool
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:00 pm hypocrisy is nai and you know it so fixating on this is very scummy for someone who purports to only do gto and rational things
No, I don't know it. I think hypocrisy is scummy and have said as much repeatedly. Catching people on inconsistencies in their thought process is part of my bread and butter methodology, and you know that.

Answer the rest of my post.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:00 pm

Why is Alison a wolf?
true
the way she is making matter of fact reads such as "these three players are town" with no reasoning offered, on slots it is sub optimal for Alison to be shielding because they are not >rand town slots anyway indicates Alison is not legitimately trying to sort alignments and is more interested in making people feel a way
This is an incredibly hypocritical post to make after you went "meh" and dipped when I tried to talk to you about the game... and it is doubly hypocritical to accuse me of throwing out matter of fact reads with no reasoning when you did the same yourself in your original post accusing me/lily/Seanzie of being wolves.

Have you never seen me give matter of fact reads and only explain reasoning when asked? Why are my townreads not >rand town?
hypocrisy is nai and you know it so fixating on this is very scummy for someone who purports to only do gto and rational things
Wait, you pushed on Punchy in our mash game for being hypocritcal with how they were solving certain slots lol?
Why do you think hypocricy is nai here?
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:02 pm

Mac washed
You haven't tilted me.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:01 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:49 pm @lucy Just curious, would you say you are good at reading Alison? Or is it more of a one way street?

Cause if you guys are not w/w, I would likely just sheep a read there depending on how things go.
oh ok I see. Thanks. What did you think of her early town read on you when she came into the game?

And oh, you misunderstood. I didn't say there was a mafia among yall or anything like that. I was just gonna see how accurate ur reads are on each other, and if I see as the game progresses that if you guys are not partners (not w/w), then I would likely sheep the confidence on the read since I saw Alison was tr you to begin the game. And likewise if you would tr Alison in the future with confidence I would sheep it as well, which is why I was asking how confident u are in reading Alison in general.

I know her wolf game decently, and I'd trust her read on me much more than my read on her
I'd say accurate enough for mutual reads to be a clever and good idea that should be followed
I figure she knows my town game very well, in spec chat I SR her for not giving me a TR lmao

I also briefly skimmed your mafia games and I did see you portray similar WIM in the beginning so I was a bit foolish to tr you for the earlier reason I gave. :p

One thing I noticed tho is you are more aggressive with your reads and attempt to emotionally manipulate people in to voting your sr more often as town. Would you say that is correct?
gotta Lynch townies innit
funnily enough that is what I have to do as town (be louder) against my scum reads
and now that you've said this with the aforementioned in mind I think that's completely NAI this game
but I didn't know I did that myself, good to know next time I rand scum, thanks
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:59 pm @MacDougall

I am actually very interested to hear why you are skeptical of my falcon townread especially. I think that I have a very good read on him when I am town and would likely be obligated to TMI him when I am mafia, especially with Two-Kill being so fresh in everyone's memory. You are usually the first to jump on this kind of reasoning with me especially and it is very odd that you have called him not >rand town as a result. What is your read on Falcon? Why did you go "don't bother voting me, you'll die" early on?
I haven't really thought about it enough to have gotten to that conclusion nor do I have any real awareness of you being a great falcon reader either at least front of mind

notwithstanding you having all these townreads in this gamestate just makes me think you're in full on pocketeer mode lol

you're probably gonna just pivot to townreading me soon enough lol
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Mac washed
*squints*

Mac instigating lol

That seems unlike the Mac I have played with before that likes to keep a nice and refreshing threadstate lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:04 pm

Mac washed
*squints*

Mac instigating lol

That seems unlike the Mac I have played with before that likes to keep a nice and refreshing threadstate lol
you don't know me well so I'd advise you just don't bother trying to meta read me at all
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

feel free to scumread me for being scummy without elaboration tho that's fine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:02 pm

true

Wait, you pushed on Punchy in our mash game for being hypocritcal with how they were solving certain slots lol?
hypocrisy is if anything town indicative and also this entire line of inquisition is bogus and nobody will care and does nothing pro town to engage with
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:03 pm

funnily enough that is what I have to do as town (be louder) against my scum reads
and now that you've said this with the aforementioned in mind I think that's completely NAI this game
lol, your welcome I guess?

And that's kind of weird the way you just phrazed that saying it's NAI for this game now that I brought it up. Are you saying it's NAI cause now you will use that tactic when u are mafia which negates what meta you did in your previous games as town?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:02 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:00 pm hypocrisy is nai and you know it so fixating on this is very scummy for someone who purports to only do gto and rational things
No, I don't know it. I think hypocrisy is scummy and have said as much repeatedly. Catching people on inconsistencies in their thought process is part of my bread and butter methodology, and you know that.

Answer the rest of my post.
show me where you've said as much repeatedly

this whole thing is so bogus coming from you I'm just gonna never reeval so enjoy the fruits of your labour alison
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:06 pm feel free to scumread me for being scummy without elaboration tho that's fine
I mean I don't think your scummy but I don't remember you wanting to "annoy people" lol. I thought it was an interesting observation tbh.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:18 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:13 pm seems like the first v creature i have ever seen

lucy v i think and just taking a diff approach at the game

i liked spf/aro

still think mac is v from rvs alone but we'll have to see lmao
creature was pretty obv town in spiritfarer
oh i forgot creature was in spiritfarer because he died so fast LOL

yeah creature was super town!! so true i need to reread that day 1 thanks porscha
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Mac washed
Maybe mac not washed
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:05 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:27 pm Creature, falcon, and Seanzie are all town.
why is falcon town
I dunno how to say this without sounding like I'm putting down falcon's scum game. But if he is mafia I don't think he has the balls to poke me, Mac and Boq as some of his first few pushes. (He also poked Aro, but that is an easier push to make.)

The way he has gone about poking us has been town indicative for him too. He has stabbed at a wide variety of players and shown a quickness to move on from one push to another (eg. the naked vote piling on Boq immediately into voting Mac). I have described the difference between falcon's town vs wolf pushes as a shotgun looking to see what sticks and a sniper rifle trying to take opportunities to gun down weak townies. I think his play so far this game has fit the "shotgun" archetype.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

getting into a discussion about the alignment indicativeness of hypocrisy when the actual hypocrisy on display is questionable to begin with

like the distance one must get to make the logical connection necessary to never ask the question you have is just wolfy

mac is reading me wolf because I'm dropping baseless townreads while he himself is doing the same thing

is !wolf mac true?

unknown parameter
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362

Post by Creature »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:58 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm Yo, Mac. I see you are here. If you don't mind, what's ur current shotgun of reads? I haven't caught up since around page 9ish. So I just wanted to realtime before I leave for a bit and then come back.
poe is like

Creature
Alison
porscha
lilypetal
Why is Creature in here?
hes hitting wolf tells I've caught him for before and I don't vibe with him
Are these the same tells you used to push me on Spiritfarer?
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:07 pm

true

hypocrisy is if anything town indicative and also this entire line of inquisition is bogus and nobody will care and does nothing pro town to engage with
Well I brought it up cause I remember you pushed on Punchy in our mash game for pointing out certain inconsisties/being hypocritical, so I was wondering why you said it was NAI here, when you used that thought to push on someone in Mash when you were town.

I am trying to analyze the way you push people and why you think it's NAI here when you used that tactic to push on someone in a previous game we played.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mac's perspective on how Alison plays mafia and thus reads Alison

=/=

Mac's own behaviour

So what you're saying is apparently I'm suspicious for not applying my personal standards to how I read you?

Which is bogus and you're just a wolf lol.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 pm i've decided that i'm going to read alison solely by her results in this game and that any other method is probably flawed
we better Lynch scum today or I'm pushing the correct basket with scum
and nobody will throw in this game, thank fuck
i think we should kill exclusively strong players today so there's no risk of them pocketing us
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:11 pm

Well I brought it up cause I remember you pushed on Punchy in our mash game for pointing out certain inconsisties/being hypocritical, so I was wondering why you said it was NAI here, when you used that thought to push on someone in Mash when you were town.

I am trying to analyze the way you push people and why you think it's NAI here when you used that tactic to push on someone in a previous game we played.
sometimes I play differently depending on how I feel

next paragraph!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:12 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 pm i've decided that i'm going to read alison solely by her results in this game and that any other method is probably flawed
we better Lynch scum today or I'm pushing the correct basket with scum
and nobody will throw in this game, thank fuck
i think we should kill exclusively strong players today so there's no risk of them pocketing us
wolfy shade
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:38 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:02 pm Alison is a wolf in this game I think.

do explain why i am a wolf macdonald
you are townreading people for bad reasons which wolves are prone to do
gee i must be a wolf every game then thanks for the insight
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:10 pm getting into a discussion about the alignment indicativeness of hypocrisy when the actual hypocrisy on display is questionable to begin with

like the distance one must get to make the logical connection necessary to never ask the question you have is just wolfy

mac is reading me wolf because I'm dropping baseless townreads while he himself is doing the same thing

is !wolf mac true?

unknown parameter
I didn't really care about the "hypocracy" that existed on you that Alison was pushing you for. But more so, I wanted to see why you thought it was NAI when you used that reasoning to push someone in our Mash game when you were town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

pushing on Punchy for doing things that subvert my expectations of town Punchy

pushing on Alison for doing things that subvert my expectations of town Alison

and you've arrived at it being sus

interdasting

either you have comprehension issues or you weren't actually trying to comprehend
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:10 pm getting into a discussion about the alignment indicativeness of hypocrisy when the actual hypocrisy on display is questionable to begin with

is !wolf mac true?

unknown parameter
I didn't really care about the "hypocracy" that existed on you that Alison was pushing you for. But more so, I wanted to see why you thought it was NAI when you used that reasoning to push someone in our Mash game when you were town.
I don't believe I pushed Punchy for hypocrisy to begin with

the word hypocrisy has now lost all meaning
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:57 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:55 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:54 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:52 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:51 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:50 pm I pledge allegiance to Pakistan
I pledge allegiance to your mom
you're poly?
she is my Great Leader not my Great Lover, you see
I see no distinction
I have to fight all of my loves. it is the natural way of things because I am bratty

my leaders get less sass
relatable
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:07 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:03 pm

lol, your welcome I guess?

And that's kind of weird the way you just phrazed that saying it's NAI for this game now that I brought it up. Are you saying it's NAI cause now you will use that tactic when u are mafia which negates what meta you did in your previous games as town?
simply being aware of it means I'll correct my actions to be nai in regards to early game WIM, I don't think it's too weird. I come from an isolated community for 2 years straight where a lot of reads were meta reads, therefore a portion of my playstyle has been designed specifically to avoid meta reads. among other things I'm pretty self aware in regards to after someone tells me I do X that is AI
staypositivefriend
Hitman

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:44 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:03 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:35 pm Also, I didn’t mention it earlier and but I have a slight tr Lucy more so because I feel like just like me, they are motivated to be better and are attempting to learn how different people play in this game and use their past knowledge to apply it in this game.

I will admit that this is more pro-town from Lucy and though I haven’t seen her mafia game, I’m inclined to give her a slight tr for how she’s come into the game so far.

Additionally, I liked her response to Nanook about questioning why they were on the list. Thought it was funny lol. Good sense of humor.
also wouldn't lucy be motivated to use her knowledge to improve the way she's playing regardless of her alignment? have you seen any evidence of her specifically using her experiences from the last game to inform her reads from this game? if not then it feels like you're townreading lucy for stating the intention to play in a towny way and not because she is actually playing in a towny way
Yea, that's why I asked her about the WIM thing and then asked to look at her games. I briefly skimmed through some of them and so I dropped that read I had, as I realized it was kind of a "jump the gun."

That's why I prefaced it by "pro-town" and should have made it more clear.

But one example so far that she has been trying to use those reads to improve is on my slot for example. In response to ur post about "me being obv town" she discredited by referencing prev games about me and my range. So similar to what I was saying to u, I could see some critical thought there and not a "plain ez sheep" on reading me town as well.

But one thing I do want to me more careful about is just handing out free town reads and then letting mafia creep up in my town list because of a faulty early read. So when reading and seeing how people were discussing about how Neon felt mafia like to them from Boq and Alison. I realized that it is a bit unfair for me to give a read for "vibing with the thread" that early on especially in RVS when it is easier for mafia. So I will hold that read and wait to see how Neon performs and makes reads and stuff like that.

I also need to reread and catch up. But I am free for a bit incase anyone wants to realtime.
at what point did you drop your read on her? is this something that happened silently? i don't see any indication that you did in your ISO
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:12 pm

sometimes I play differently depending on how I feel

next paragraph!
tough cookie tbh. You were an easier read in the mash tbh cause I was able to sheep it and with "aggressive and ego meta" that others were bringing up.

But you do you, I'll do my best to solve your alignment and prove to you that I can read you properly hehe
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:13 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:38 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:45 pm

do explain why i am a wolf macdonald
you are townreading people for bad reasons which wolves are prone to do
gee i must be a wolf every game then thanks for the insight
que?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

damn you people you've tricked me into playing mafia
staypositivefriend
Hitman

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:46 pm
From what I remember, Alison was incorrect in majority of her reads in our C v D. No offence Alison, so is there a reason you are just solely basing your read on Alison from a results perspective?

I remember you explicitly stated in our previous game with her that being results orientated isn't the end all be all. Wrong != mafia lol.
well i'm partially saying it as a joke because i just came out of a game where alison was consistently wrong for multiple days in a row and ended up being mafia, and i cut her way more slack than i should have, but it's also a principle that i generally believe in. players like alison are difficult to read in a micro sense because her playstyle is so identical regardless of her alignment, which means that the main thing that is alignment telling about her is the amount of wolves she pushes and the amount of obvious villagers she attempts to throw into the POE (like her POEing creature last game when her options were starting to run thin)

there's always the possibility that she is town who has an off-game and doesn't kill wolves, but even in games like cats v dogs she still managed to push on several mafia in spite of being wrong on some things
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:08 pm show me where you've said as much repeatedly

this whole thing is so bogus coming from you I'm just gonna never reeval so enjoy the fruits of your labour alison
viewtopic.php?p=762336#p762336

I have said so in various DVCs when talking about how to read players as well but I've left them so I can't find the posts. Here is an unambiguous statement from me 1 year ago flat stating that I find hypocrisy to be scummy as a rule. Unless you're going to argue that my mafia philosophy has radically shifted in the intervening time (which we both know it hasn't)?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

poe is like

Creature
Alison
porscha
lilypetal
can you talk about creature? i actually thought he was fine when i was pressuring him a while back and think he generally comes off as more awkward/stilted/struggling to post unique thoughts as a wolf, and that he has been fine in this game by comparison. he's done a few things that have mildly pinged me but i find him towny on the whole
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm @Lilypetal Ur dying today lel
might be for the better
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:15 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:35 pm Also, I didn’t mention it earlier and but I have a slight tr Lucy more so because I feel like just like me, they are motivated to be better and are attempting to learn how different people play in this game and use their past knowledge to apply it in this game.

I will admit that this is more pro-town from Lucy and though I haven’t seen her mafia game, I’m inclined to give her a slight tr for how she’s come into the game so far.

Additionally, I liked her response to Nanook about questioning why they were on the list. Thought it was funny lol. Good sense of humor.
also wouldn't lucy be motivated to use her knowledge to improve the way she's playing regardless of her alignment? have you seen any evidence of her specifically using her experiences from the last game to inform her reads from this game? if not then it feels like you're townreading lucy for stating the intention to play in a towny way and not because she is actually playing in a towny way
Yea, that's why I asked her about the WIM thing and then asked to look at her games. I briefly skimmed through some of them and so I dropped that read I had, as I realized it was kind of a "jump the gun."

But one example so far that she has been trying to use those reads to improve is on my slot for example. In response to ur post about "me being obv town" she discredited by referencing prev games about me and my range. So similar to what I was saying to u, I could see some critical thought there and not a "plain ez sheep" on reading me town as well.

But one thing I do want to me more careful about is just handing out free town reads and then letting mafia creep up in my town list because of a faulty early read. So when reading and seeing how people were discussing about how Neon felt mafia like to them from Boq and Alison. I realized that it is a bit unfair for me to give a read for "vibing with the thread" that early on especially in RVS when it is easier for mafia. So I will hold that read and wait to see how Neon performs and makes reads and stuff like that.

I also need to reread and catch up. But I am free for a bit incase anyone wants to realtime.
at what point did you drop your read on her? is this something that happened silently? i don't see any indication that you did in your ISO
I was more explicit when I came back but it was in my mind when I was briefly reading and catching up in the morning while sitting on the toilet. I was thinking how Boq came in and was adding the additional info about how "wolves wanting to vibe" was easier for wolves to do to "fit in", which was adding to your discussion. So throughout the day, I was pondering about that, and from past experience, I didn't want to get burned from handing out a free tr. However, I am not sr Neon, but more so just dropping that light tr.

I thought Boq's handling of Neon was townier than Alison's tho, where Alison seemed to be looking for every scummy thing from Neon and playing devil's advocate.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362

Post by Creature »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:17 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:46 pm
From what I remember, Alison was incorrect in majority of her reads in our C v D. No offence Alison, so is there a reason you are just solely basing your read on Alison from a results perspective?

I remember you explicitly stated in our previous game with her that being results orientated isn't the end all be all. Wrong != mafia lol.
well i'm partially saying it as a joke because i just came out of a game where alison was consistently wrong for multiple days in a row and ended up being mafia, and i cut her way more slack than i should have, but it's also a principle that i generally believe in. players like alison are difficult to read in a micro sense because her playstyle is so identical regardless of her alignment, which means that the main thing that is alignment telling about her is the amount of wolves she pushes and the amount of obvious villagers she attempts to throw into the POE (like her POEing creature last game when her options were starting to run thin)

there's always the possibility that she is town who has an off-game and doesn't kill wolves, but even in games like cats v dogs she still managed to push on several mafia in spite of being wrong on some things
Alison bussed Hells like every day last game ftr. I ended up reading it as w/w for feeling like she was always solid on Hells being wolf yet didn't care when someone else was lynched.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:16 pm damn you people you've tricked me into playing mafia
You know you just wanted to play with me again ;)
Alison

Post by Alison »

Mac knows me to be an absolutist person, a principled player, and who plays very rigidly by a strict set of rules and policies. It beggars belief that he would find it hard to conceive of me thinking hypocrisy is wolfy just because he personally finds it to be townie. He isn't trying to authentically evaluate whether or not I believe in my scumread on him; he's just interested in discrediting my push and making me look bad or wrong.

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 48

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:42 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:17 pm

Why is Alison a wolf?
The game takes longer than one Day tho dude.

Get off the waaaaaahmbulance, and help solve if yer town
there's no wahmbulance
Are you sad? I feel like I'm talking with Eyeore here, what's up dude?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:19 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:15 pm

I was more explicit when I came back but it was in my mind when I was briefly reading and catching up in the morning while sitting on the toilet. I was thinking how Boq came in and was adding the additional info about how "wolves wanting to vibe" was easier for wolves to do to "fit in", which was adding to your discussion. So throughout the day, I was pondering about that, and from past experience, I didn't want to get burned from handing out a free tr. However, I am not sr Neon, but more so just dropping that light tr.

I thought Boq's handling of Neon was townier than Alison's tho, where Alison seemed to be looking for every scummy thing from Neon and playing devil's advocate.
tmi

Return to “Previous Hustles”