Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Post by Dom »

My biggest mistake was not NK-ing Chris on Night 7.

Yes, I was the Master. :p

I will say that I am COMPLETELY frustrated with the way I lost. I didn't lose because of anything I did or did not do. I lost because several players were outed and outed themselves. It came to the point where if you were suspected, you dropped role hints until everyone got what role you were.
That's not how we play Mafia.

Good game, everyone. I had fun.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:My biggest mistake was not NK-ing Chris on Night 7.

I will say that I am COMPLETELY frustrated with the way I lost. I didn't lose because of anything I did or did not do. I lost because several players were outed and outed themselves. It came to the point where if you were suspected, you dropped role hints until everyone got what role you were.

I would have been happy with a civvie win. To me, this other finish does hurt more.

I honestly and truely had a ton of fun this game. I don't think I went overboard at any point this game (if you disagree, please do tell me) in terms of role-hinting, or integrity. In hindsight, I don't know if I had played differently if it would have changed anything.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

OK - this is the ugly version of the spreadsheet. :)

Night 1
Doc - check daisy - not a companion (we were pretty strict about the companions. sarah jane was the only companion that came back as positive that didn't have a power activated by the doctor. because - come on - she's sarah jane.)
Jackie - missed pm
Boe - Enrique "I'm not bad."- False - (fwiw - we allowed BR to use those sorts of statements as long as they happened organically. I NEVER had to tell her not to pick any of the stuff when people were asking others to say things for the Lie Detector. ;) )
Daleks - Kill TH - Block Zeek - Dead check Bea (I thought this was clever)
Cybers - Block SVS - Live Check Made (Emp dalek)
Master - Kill MR
Angel - Target epi.
MM - MP is not the Master

N2 -

Doctor - check SVS - yes - she is sarah jane.
Boe - check Daisy "I'm not bad." - True
Strax - Kill elo - fail as elo is civ 1.
Dalek - dead check TH 1.0 - donna noble
Cyber - live check enrique - dalek sec - block daisy - kill MP (sign -up protect prize)
Master - Kill MR
Angel - targets bullz.
MM - SVS not the master -
Hedge - recruits Rox.

N3 -

Doc - checks made - not a companion
Jackie - targets zeek.
Boe - "Mp is bad" - false
Dalek - kill splints - check teefies (I still thought dead checking the hosts was clever - so we told them the truth about the Valeyard. It was a plot device that i was using to try to tie the story together)
Cyber - block Zeek - RC Mp - the doctor.
Master - search chris - kill enrique (fail due to dalek coin toss)

N4 -
Doc - check TH 2.0 - role blocked.
Jackie - Enrque - fail due to coin toss - second toss perma blocks TH 2.0 from targeting enrique
Boe - SVS - "I'm a civvie." - true
Strax - Made - sucessful kill
Dalek - dead check splintsy - weeping angel
cyber - Block MP - live check th - jackie tyler
Master - rox is not lucy
MM - DOM IS THE MASTER! YAY!!!
Hedgey - recruits strax.

N5 -

Doctor - search Keys - he is Amy Pond - his vote is now worth 2.
Jackie - targets Chris
Boe - check TH "I'm happy about this result" True
Daleks - Kill BR - Dead check zeek - both fail as roxy is blocked
Cyber - block roxy - live check roxy - dalek 2
Master - Kill Daisy

N6 -

Doctor - check rox - not a companion
Boe - Elo "Most logical......if you want to lynch a civ." True
Srax - kill Chris - kill fails civ 2
Dalek - check daisy - madame vastra.
Cybers - kill chris - fail because of his capt jack protect - Block LC - RC SVS - she is sarah jane

Ok -posting this one - taking a quick break then I'll be back with the rest of the game - cuz N7 is when things start going wonky bts.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:My biggest mistake was not NK-ing Chris on Night 7.

I would have been happy with a civvie win. To me, this other finish does hurt more.

I honestly and truely had a ton of fun this game. I don't think I went overboard at any point this game (if you disagree, please do tell me) in terms of role-hinting, or integrity. In hindsight, I don't know if I had played differently if it would have changed anything.
You were the best Lucy I could have asked for. :hugs:

Thank you for not hating me despite my absences.

Thank you to the hosts! I loved the game. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I had so much fun playing this game, seriously. I know there has been complaints of how intense it got but I always thought that it just reflected how passionate everyone was about this game. At the end of the day we're all still friends, but while we're in that game we're like chickens with our heads cut off trying to figure out what's going on and who cut all our heads off. It's brutal, but beautiful?

I hope everyone who played had fun and keeps playing!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

N 7

Doc - checks Gotrees - Yes - he's Martha Jones - he can now redirect one target a night.
Jackie targets LC
Boe - Chris "I"m either Sarah or Jack." True.
Cybers - target Keys - LC abosorbs the kill but his protect for him/amy is used. :(
Master - Kills MP.
Hedgey - wins the chess match against the doctor so when MP regenerates he is recruited to hedgey's team.

N8 - the night of hell - because MP is back it's the Day of Sunshine. Oh - and of course this is the night Dom decided to redirect all the targets. The original target is in white - the redirect is in green

MP - rezzes zeek from the cards prize.
Gotrees redirects keys vote to himself - Keys vote for elo bts
Jackie - targets MP JC is insanified
Boe - DF "Great result! wecome back MP!" Snowy "Great result! welcome back MP!" false as snowy didn't say this.
Strax - Kill Bass Kill DF - fail - civ 3.
Cyber - Block BR Block Chris
Master - RANDOM. :feb:
Lucy - rezzed due to cards prize. Also as his second prize - should dom have been NKed - he would have regenerated like MP did instead of it looking like a flat out protect. I'm really sad this didn't get used. :(
Hedge - recruits zeek as part of cards prize. - recruits TH as her night action. Gotrees is recruited

N9 -

Gotrees - redirects dom's target to BR. This is really odd because........
Boe - Checks Gotrees - "Baddie? Definately not." - is true. At this point - he's indy.
Cybers - Kill LC and block JC
Master - Kill LC.

So the weirdness that was BR and LC dying at the same time totes wouldn't have happened had that target not been redirected. But also super ironic that both kills targeted LC.

N 10.

Doc - search DF - not a companion.
Gotrees - redirect epi's to elo.
Strax - Kills MM
Cyber - Kill SVS - Block dom - both redirected to elo as epi carried the kill that night
Hedgie recruits epi.

N 11

Master - kills Dom
Gotrees redirects Dom to keys
Cyber - snowy kills zeek.

N 12 -
Strax - kill dom - fail as dom's last protect is used.
Hedgey recruits snowy.
Cybers kill dom - game ends.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

I was sad when I saw who killed me. I was so excited to play with Enrique, and then Rox killed me too. ;( You two are meanies! lol
I was too nice with my targeting. I pick Epig quickly at random because my original choice had been Rey. The next day I picked bullz. I was trying to target people I thought might want to replace out to try and save the hosts the hassle :/
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I think the big lesson to be learned is that if you're going to have a cross-factional BTSC recruiting group, they shouldn't have easy or reliable access to a kill.

When Team Secret Animal won bigs' and seals' LOST game on LP many moons ago, we could only recruit every other night, and it only worked on players without BTSC, and recruits lost all previous powers, and we had no kill! The final lynch of the game was decided by Rock Paper Scissors! Those were the days!

linki: Hey splintsy, Roxy killed me too! I think she was scurred of us :srsnod:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

had you guys not redirected the kill from me... we might have had a bit of a different endgame
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

There was a tipping point when hedgey's little team that could became unstoppable. When I concived the roll, I wanted her to be able to recruit anyone because she had a LMS postition with no kill.

I did know that recruiting the doc could go either way in terms of ballance but I'd hoped the chess match would have given it some reasonable odds. If MP would have beat hedgey - he would not have been recruited and he never would have known till the end of the game WHY he had to play that chess match.

Hedgey got amazing luck getting ahold of kills. And keeping people away from her teammates. It was super earie how lucky they were just when they needed to be lucky. This goes w/o saying, that they also played GREAT!

Poor Daleks were the little team that tried soo hard. I loved that team.

Dom and Newt were awesome. Really. I can't even with all the feels I have for them!

I do welcome any feeback that anyone has in terms of the game, but please PM it to me and teefies rather than critize in the thread. :) Thank you all of you for playing so hard and having so much fun! :hugs:

Extra SPECIAL apologies to Splintsy for forgetting that I asked you to replace. When Keys brought it up, I'd forgotten I'd asked you because we'd had that stretch of not needing anyone. If I do something stupid like that again, PM me sooner! I would have subbed you in for sure if I had remembered you already said yes. :derp: I promise I'll make it up to you some how sweetie. :hugs:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Did anyone think Long Con 1.0 was Rory? I did two role hints, and I would like to think that I did them the right way.

The first was to get upset with Chris for endangering Amy Pond - I was kind of role-playing as Rory in a manner of speaking.

The other was, after giving a couple of my Civvie role decodes, I slammed the Rory decode into the thread, completed.

Hilarious that keys was Amy Pond - I can't believe that when I was telling him it was him and me, he's ma boy, etc, that it fit in with the quasi-role-playing I had done about Amy. :haha:

Too many recruits, too much freedom of recruiting. I figured when Epig was saying the Civs had no chance that he was speaking from a behind-the-scenes perspective, and that this end is what he meant. I had to play like it wasn't that way, what else can you do?

Not sure why the game wasn't ended a lot sooner. :shrug:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

LC, it took me a bit, but then I figured out you were Rory.

TH, I agree completely. I loved the fuck out of this game. Seriously, it was absolutely fantastic.

Thanks again to the hosts for hosting it, and for the other players! This was definitely a hell of an awesome game. :)

Dom wrote:had you guys not redirected the kill from me... we might have had a bit of a different endgame
Very true. :feb:

Again, brilliant game. Sorry that you couldn't have won it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bea wrote: I do welcome any feeback that anyone has in terms of the game, but please PM it to me and teefies rather than critize in the thread. :) Thank you all of you for playing so hard and having so much fun! :hugs:
Also, sorry about this. Wasn't intending to spread negativity, and I would have withheld some of my commentary if I knew that's what you preferred.

I do want to stress how epic this game was though. Truly.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

No sweat Alex. :)
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Gotrees »

Long Con wrote:Too many recruits, too much freedom of recruiting. I figured when Epig was saying the Civs had no chance that he was speaking from a behind-the-scenes perspective, and that this end is what he meant.
I think he actually started saying that even before we had recruited him.
Made wrote:I may be new, but i got furry.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Gotrees wrote:
Long Con wrote:Too many recruits, too much freedom of recruiting. I figured when Epig was saying the Civs had no chance that he was speaking from a behind-the-scenes perspective, and that this end is what he meant.
Well, I guess looking at things from the worst possible perspective works out sometimes. :haha:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

It's ok Bea :hugs: I know you had/have a lot on your plate. You're lucky I <3 you though! haha
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Gotrees wrote:
Haha, he did indeed!
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote: Hey splintsy, Roxy killed me too! I think she was scurred of us :srsnod:
Next time we are baddies together we shall have our revenge :feb:
Gro-oo-ovy
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Well, that was...not what I expected. Good job, Team Recruit!

And I formally apologize for my dereliction of Mafia etiquette. It was a momentary lapse and from this point on, I intend never to role hint again. :noble: Although from the looks of it, by the time I role hinted nobody but Team Recruit could have won anyway. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

I'm sorry for the circumstances around your lynching, Dom. You really did play an outstanding game and we should have just recruited you! I don't even jnow why I said "I KNOW" because Snowy and DF's votes were all we needed. I've learnt my lesson for sure.

Sorry TH for your second lynching! But you insanified me so... :p I'm pretty surprised nobody connected it to me because I'd only just been rezzed.

I really enjoyed the game but after all the role hints it was quite easy to win once I was recruited. Pretty sure the only roles we didn't have info on or had figured out was Turnip Head 1.0 and Blooper's.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

zeek wrote:I'm sorry for the circumstances around your lynching, Dom. You really did play an outstanding game and we should have just recruited you! I don't even jnow why I said "I KNOW" because Snowy and DF's votes were all we needed. I've learnt my lesson for sure.

Sorry TH for your second lynching! But you insanified me so... :p I'm pretty surprised nobody connected it to me because I'd only just been rezzed.

I really enjoyed the game but after all the role hints it was quite easy to win once I was recruited. Pretty sure the only roles we didn't have info on or had figured out was Turnip Head 1.0 and Blooper's.
I accept your apology. :)

<3
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Thank you :) You can ask anyone on my team, I felt so awful!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

zeek wrote:Thank you :) You can ask anyone on my team, I felt so awful!
I believe you. :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

The Doctor could be recruited? I feel like an idiot.

Were there recruiting constraints? Now I get why Epi said civs couldn't win :P

Is there a role list?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

You see civs. I told you hedge was the recruiter . And this is what i don't get. Chris was convinced of my role but didn't believe me about hedge. No one did it seems. Even though we had a role checker. And i totally backed of of Hedge AND MP at the end and no one questioned it.

Great game though and again sorry again to keys and everyone. And to Chris I guess.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote: Hey splintsy, Roxy killed me too! I think she was scurred of us :srsnod:
Next time we are baddies together we shall have our revenge :feb:

I did not kill Turnips. It was one of the boys' ideas.
I did, however, want to kill splints as she was trying to find my baddie game and since she is the only one who CAN read me properly. I am sorry and tbf I had no idea you were bad until I dead checked you. :zombie:
I sorrys <3

I loved my first team with Enrique, Made and MR they were so much fucking fun bts! They were all very good at plotting evil even MR who was dead :p

But I had to go and see Hedges baddie game and that made her recruit me. I adored this team bc they are all so awesome and fun bts. Lots of eveil plotting was done after I died but I still poped in from time to time to chatzy it up and see what was going on. I was loads jelly to be dead by the time Hedgey got all her recruits tbh.

Why wouldn't anyone listen or see that Epi was bad? I knew he was during the Made/Enrique lynches and he more or less outed himself in the thread yet I was the only one besides SVS to see it. Then when Sabie voted for me she basically outed herself as well. Why lynch me over them when I was not even able to be here to defend?
I know we were asked not to say anything inre: Infodumps but I will say they do suck.

BR did amazing with her lie detection skills and making cases - we are so not worthy :p

Reminds me - sorry Sabie that you felt I was obnoxious and do not like me I did not see how I was obnoxious to you but if you felt it I apologize. <3 I deffo did not mean to be obnoxious to you.

Epi - you incredible bastard!
So hard to get you lynched - I dare say near impossible - my hat is off to you! :dance:

zeek - the game started rocky for you but I am so glad you found your feet in the game and on the site. You were a most welcome addition to TS and to the game. So happy you are playing once again. Its cool to play with the person who got me hooked on mafia.

Hegde - ya slut I love ya! <3 :dance:

Great fucking game Bea and Teeth look forward to your next endeavors! :fiesta:
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

The recruit team was limited at 5. (admittedly in hindsight this was probably too much. She was recruiting on even nights till she hit the max.) If a teammate died, their power died with them. So, access to the dalek kill was lost when rox died for example. I'm kinda surprised that was the only loss the team suffered till zeek tbh. Once they reached the max recruiting limit - no one else could be recruited to the team unless someone died. They were not allowed to self target kills (or redirect kills) toward themselves nor were they allowed to purposefully tank a lynch for more recruiting space.

I'm updating page 1 with the roles now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Where did the lynch switch come from?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 10

Post by Snow Dog »

Snow Dog wrote:I am voting Barrowman too. I literally did not know that Bass was the Cyber Controller. Literally.
I need to explain this. I spoke the absolute truth here. You see I replaced Bullz and for some reason throughout the entire time until Sabie got lynched i thought that Epi was te Cyber controller and Sabie was the other Cyber.

Isn't that just idiotic? :disappoint:

Linki. ooh good question.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

And nobody spotted my "baiting the Master" joke.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Big thank you to Bea and BWT for this awesome and amazing game! I loved the game, my role, and my teammates. I am sorry it is over because I will miss btsc with such an awesome group.

I was incredibly lucky with my first recruits and that really set-us up well from the beginning. I was so sorry to lose Roxy so early, she was a huge help in the beginning plotting and getting us to the win. She pinpointed so many things accurately in this game and I was so lucky to have her suspect me.

The TH lynch was a result of last minute thinking that he was the Master, and we used zeeks lynch switch prize. We were so bummed when he flipped civ. Simce we knew MM wasn't our recruit, we were able to look at Epi voters and narrow down who might be the Master. TH had missed the vote, but that led us to redirect Dom's action to BR. It was another stroke of luck, which is how we found him out, but we spent days trying to figure out how to take him out or recruit, since he had played such a brilliant game and no one suspected him.

I have more thoughts, but back later.

Linki I answered that here :)
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Thank you bea and bwt. This was a mind-boggling event!
Roxy wrote:Why wouldn't anyone listen or see that Epi was bad? I knew he was during the Made/Enrique lynches and he more or less outed himself in the thread yet I was the only one besides SVS to see it. Then when Sabie voted for me she basically outed herself as well. Why lynch me over them when I was not even able to be here to defend?
I know we were asked not to say anything inre: Infodumps but I will say they do suck.

Epi - you incredible bastard!
So hard to get you lynched - I dare say near impossible - my hat is off to you! :dance:
I was trying to play an "obvious bad guy" this time around, because people like to say "nobody would be that obvious!" You sank your teeth into that bullshit and didn't let go!

Roxy, you are one of the few players across the board in any game that makes me genuinely, sweatingly, NERVOUS. :eek:
fingersplints wrote:My favorite part of the game was tha day when Epig was lynched and he said he wasn't going to be a bitch and vote to save himself. Little did he know he couldn't save himself anyways because I targeted him the night before and his vote didn't count anyways. :)
That's funny right there.

As I said before, the "bitch" comment was only said because it amused me. I was a dog. XD
Long Con wrote:Did anyone think Long Con 1.0 was Rory? I did two role hints, and I would like to think that I did them the right way.
When we tried to kill keys and it got redirected to you and blocked, I had a hunch. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I also played a brilliant game where no one suspected me. :srsnod: I'll just kiss my own ass for that one. :haha:

Fantastic game, Civvies. The first three lynches were wrong, but we literally lynched (or attempted to lynch) a baddie/indy every single day for the rest of the game. Sometimes, playing a totally amazing game isn't enough, sometimes you just need to lynch that one quiet person or the game is out of your reach. :shrug: Chris, you were so right so much of the time, you probably played the best game out of any of us.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

And let the record show that I wasn't trying to cheat the lie detector. Just balls. Big ones. :noble:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Chris was hysterical tbh. He.was.soooooo spot on about somethings. Then others were.just. sooooooo off.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Mods.- feel free to move.the thread when you need to :)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Good game, everyone! Sorry I wasn't quite as involved as many of you, but I enjoyed what I could understand/keep up with :biggrin: I never did get to stop that night early...but I did laugh when someone said "Clara is probably dead" on the last Night :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

LC - I thought you were playing a really good game. I was going to target you N3 for it, but couldn't bring myself to do it. :D
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LC, I agree you played an awesome game as 1.0 and 2.0. Honestly, I think if you remove the recruiting element completely from the game, civvies would have very likely had a win here. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:LC - I thought you were playing a really good game. I was going to target you N3 for it, but couldn't bring myself to do it. :D
:hugs: I appreciate that!
MovingPictures07 wrote:LC, I agree you played an awesome game as 1.0 and 2.0. Honestly, I think if you remove the recruiting element completely from the game, civvies would have very likely had a win here. :noble:
No doubt about it! We just needed to take out Hedge early and it was unquestionably the Civvies' game.

I have to learn from this game to inform my baddie game, clearly being a little quieter makes a world of difference. Maybe I should miss the first couple of days of every game I play, and spend the next couple 'catching up'. :srsnod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yeah, that's probably true. Dom as The Master would have been the hardest element to get rid of, I believe, since he was so off of everyone's suspicion for so long.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And Hedge almost DID get lynched at some point earlier! Man, how that would have changed things if I followed Rox in her suspicion of Hedge at that time. Lol.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Yeah, that's probably true. Dom as The Master would have been the hardest element to get rid of, I believe, since he was so off of everyone's suspicion for so long.
If Hedge had died earlier, there would have been less knowledge to spread too. ;) I should have really killed Hedge N5. I considered it, but changed my mind.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:LC - I thought you were playing a really good game. I was going to target you N3 for it, but couldn't bring myself to do it. :D
:hugs: I appreciate that!
MovingPictures07 wrote:LC, I agree you played an awesome game as 1.0 and 2.0. Honestly, I think if you remove the recruiting element completely from the game, civvies would have very likely had a win here. :noble:
No doubt about it! We just needed to take out Hedge early and it was unquestionably the Civvies' game.

I have to learn from this game to inform my baddie game, clearly being a little quieter makes a world of difference. Maybe I should miss the first couple of days of every game I play, and spend the next couple 'catching up'. :srsnod:
I tried to get people to listen yet no one would ofc I just wanted some civ cred and take focus off my teamies and I failed on all counts except Hedge was indeed bad.
;)
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I was a role checker but as you can see I picked good people to role check on my own. Not just random role checking. Oh well. It was a good game and everyone put forth a valiant effort!!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

I hear there has been some nastiness behind the scenes and that Chris has been subsequently banned? I don't know what's been said and I'm not condoning anything here, but I do want to say that I for one can appreciate the frustration he must feel. He put so much of his time and energy into something he believed he had a genuine shot at winning. And, y'know, he was laughed at, ridiculed, someone even called him retarded. So how about unbanning him and forgetting the whole thing?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

keys56000000000 wrote:I hear there has been some nastiness behind the scenes and that Chris has been subsequently banned? I don't know what's been said and I'm not condoning anything here, but I do want to say that I for one can appreciate the frustration he must feel. He put so much of his time and energy into something he believed he had a genuine shot at winning. And, y'know, he was laughed at, ridiculed, someone even called him retarded. So how about unbanning him and forgetting the whole thing?
Let's make this clear. I had no intention of muddling up the postgame discussion with a discussion of this, but since you have brought it up here, I will address this.

Chris was NOT banned due to anything but his disrespect towards other players, and he was given multiple chances to back off. It had nothing to do with his passion, which bea and I both were vocal in appreciating.

Throughout the game, Chris harassed the hosts and caused instances that made players feel they were being disrespected. Llama and bea both worked HARD and constantly to deal with situations that arose not only due to Chris but due to other players as well. Chris was the only one who would not respect the wishes of those above him, even though he was warned multiple times. bea even dumped her heart out in thread and asked for respect, but there were still instances thereafter, in the thread and behind the scenes.

I stepped in midgame, even though I was playing and didn't want to, because when Llama was trying to arbitrate an issue with Chris, Chris backlashed and outright disrespected Llama and refused to recognize his authority. Chris then did the same thing to me, even when I took a very nice tone with him and told him I was not disciplining him. I thought I would let it go and let the game take its course. In addition to a pattern of continued disrespect towards other players, there was then a further incident where Chris posted an offensive .gif and Llama took the discretion of deleting it. Chris then contacted me badmouthing my entire staff, accusing us of being a "clique" and because he was not part of such a clique, he was being treated poorly. You would not believe the ridiculous accusations he said to me and the other people here who put in hours upon hours of time to help ensure this site is running smoothly so that all of us can enjoy games together. Because of everything that happened throughout the game, I sent Chris this PM:
MovingPictures07 wrote:There is one overarching sentiment at this community and that is to treat your fellow players, as well as the hosts, with respect. Any adult should be able to play a game, have fun, and accomplish this task, within reason. No adult, however, is infallible, and there are occasions where some may fail to do this.

At multiple instances throughout this game, you failed to do this.

It isn’t a matter of offense. Whether someone takes offense to something or not is not the issue. Instead, the issue is one of respect. One can still play a mafia game to one’s utmost ability and still express this general decency towards other human beings in the process.

It is possible that one become disillusioned and accidentally cross a line of inappropriate behavior. This is understandable. Mafia is an emotional game. RL plus mafia can be stressful. But the saving grace for someone in this position is whether they recognize their behavior and consequently:

1) Recognize the proper authority. This is not to say anyone is infallible. No one has claimed to be, and no human being can possibly be such. However, the hosts run the game. The Mod on Duty assists the hosts in running the game. They are there to listen, as a mediator. If you have a problem with something, talk to them. If you have a problem with them, talk to the hosts. Any issue should be able to be adequately solved in this fashion. If not, save your complaint for post-game, and express it in a manner that is respectful to the hosts. Hosts dedicate an enormous amount of time to hosting their game. They always deserve respect, even if one disagrees completely with a position they have taken.

2) Consider how another player may feel through your behavior. One may argue that any particular individual can cry “offense!” at any stated sentence, and that would be correct. However, if one’s own behavior has been questioned, then one must ask him or herself: Have I behaved in a fashion that any reasonable person would believe to be in the spirit of respect and in the spirit of the game?

3) On that note, creating a hostile posting environment where players are universally afraid to express themselves, not due to the fact that they can’t “handle mafia” but due to the fact that they believe they have been treated with disrespect, is unacceptable. One must consider what kind of environment one is contributing through his or her posts. There is certainly a way to be aggressive without being disrespectful. What is most key here is again, not an issue of “offense”, but asking one’s self: am I allowing others the same right to play the game to their fullest ability that I myself would want as well?

4) Use the proper channels for “emotional dumping”. This is what PMs to the hosts and, more particularly, the Mod on Duty are for. The thread is not one’s emotional punching bag, a hostage to be taken at the expense of others. People go to the thread to play the game, not to hear about someone whining regarding this and that, or to witness someone continuously conducting him or herself with disrespect towards other individuals.

You have acted throughout this game on more than one occasion where you have blatantly not considered a single one of these.

No one is criticizing your playstyle. No one is censoring you. No one is unfairly blaming you because you are not part of a “clique”. You are not being sent this PM because I or anyone else dislikes you. In fact, I appreciated the passion you brought to the game, and I seem to recall bea saying the same. These are all absolutely untrue. Every player here is given a fair chance to prove himself. You have been warned repeatedly regarding your behavior. It would be determined that any reasonable person would find that you have engaged others with a pattern of disrespect. You are not the victim of anyone but only of your own actions.

You may continue to play here if you wish, but I wanted to inform you that your current status is that you are on the absolute thinnest ice possible. Absolutely any blatantly disrespectful action you make hereafter, whether in the current post-game discussion in the Doctor Who thread, or any other game, will be subject to discipline, of which will be incredibly likely the swift swinging of the ban hammer. Not only has bea warned you about your behavior this game, so has Llama, and so have I, and you have been given every chance to back off from intentionally disrespectful behavior.

I hate writing this, but you've left me no choice after the way Doctor Who has progressed. You will begin to treat others with respect or you will be removed forcefully from this community.
He then responded with an outlandish response, again badmouthing me and the administration/moderation team, accompanied with a picture of Jesus flipping us off.

I therefore banned him, and I stand by my decision completely.

If you or anyone else wants to discuss this further or has a problem with how I or anyone else handled this situation, IT GOES IN PM. Not here. Let this be made known.

Thank you.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Long Con wrote:Where did the lynch switch come from?
Hi there.

For getting all of you to vote Azure the Doctor won a prize to give to another player. That prize was a lynch switch and I was that player. When I was rezzed, my prize was too. We wanted everyone wasting time so we could stay secret.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
Long Con wrote:Where did the lynch switch come from?
Hi there.

For getting all of you to vote Azure the Doctor won a prize to give to another player. That prize was a lynch switch and I was that player. When I was rezzed, my prize was too. We wanted everyone wasting time so we could stay secret.
I know, I was so upset when zeek died and he didn't get to use his lynch switch! So it was nice to get to use it, after all... but for evil. :feb:

Return to “Previous Jobs”