Staff option
15%

Total votes: 33
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 30

Re: Game 1 Sign-Ups - Old School Syndicate

Post by Spacedaisy »

thellama73 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:29 pm Count me in.
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Um…if we go over 18, can roles be added?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Priority will go to old schoolers. Right now we do have a couple new players in the sign ups too that we can let move to one of the other games if we need.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Elohcin »

In! We will be at my sister's wedding when this starts so I won't be too talkative until after the weekend.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't believe llamas are allowed into the syndicate

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: ↑Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hey, if any of the old gang are interested, I'm hosting a Syndicate Trivia Night tomorrow afternoon (Sat Oct 15) in our discord server at 4:00 PM EDT. Come join in and test your knowledge of Syndicate history and some of it's members!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

Marmot wrote: ↑Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:26 pm

Fun fact: Llamas hate wolves and will attack them.
/in for spare spots anyhow, old school feels like home :werewolf:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

One of my most stressful and proud moments in mafia was being stuck in BTSC with Llama in Death Note. I was Light and he was L. Because of a game mechanic I was stuck in BTSC with him for an extra cycle and I was sure he would figure me out. But it was a thing of beauty when he decided to throw caution to the wind and confide in me that he was L. :haha: I loved that game so much, I have never been more proud of a win in my life. And the players in that game were freaking fantastic. Everyone played so phenomenally. Good times.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:34 am One of my most stressful and proud moments in mafia was being stuck in BTSC with Llama in Death Note. I was Light and he was L. Because of a game mechanic I was stuck in BTSC with him for an extra cycle and I was sure he would figure me out. But it was a thing of beauty when he decided to throw caution to the wind and confide in me that he was L. :haha: I loved that game so much, I have never been more proud of a win in my life. And the players in that game were freaking fantastic. Everyone played so phenomenally. Good times.
Even me, when I wrote an eight page case against DH that turned out to be wrong? :smoky:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vivax wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:30 am
Marmot wrote: ↑Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:26 pm

Fun fact: Llamas hate wolves and will attack them.
/in for spare spots anyhow, old school feels like home :werewolf:
Word!

Make sure you vote in the poll, it'll help us and others know who is /in.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: ↑Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:46 am
Spacedaisy wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:34 am One of my most stressful and proud moments in mafia was being stuck in BTSC with Llama in Death Note. I was Light and he was L. Because of a game mechanic I was stuck in BTSC with him for an extra cycle and I was sure he would figure me out. But it was a thing of beauty when he decided to throw caution to the wind and confide in me that he was L. :haha: I loved that game so much, I have never been more proud of a win in my life. And the players in that game were freaking fantastic. Everyone played so phenomenally. Good times.
Even me, when I wrote an eight page case against DH that turned out to be wrong? :smoky:
LOL, didn't you have a weird win con though?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

The game is currently full, but there is the possibility of newer players getting bumped if we do have any of the old time crowd reappear to join in. Not that I won't enjoying having the newer players if that doesn't happen. It would certainly be fun seeing how it goes. And we are a welcoming bunch... most of us.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:50 am
LOL, didn't you have a weird win con though?
A lot of us did. But you play the game, as one does.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

LoRab wrote: ↑Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:31 pm Um…if we go over 18, can roles be added?

We have had more people sign up that did not sign up in our original sign up threads, so we will be prepping to possibly add roles as well, I should say. We kind of have to watch how the sign ups are moving since we want to make sure all games get filled before we start building out much. All that to say, if more golden oldies show up, they should not feel deterred by what looks like a full game! Looks can be deceiving. :dark:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DharmaHelper »

:beer:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Is it even a game of mafia if you don't do this

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:28 am
This is the DH that I love lol! :heart:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: ↑Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

One of mine was in Heroes mafia. I was neutral (I don't actually remember what character it was--and it was on LP so I can't even look it up) and had recruited Bea through a game mechanic. It was towards end game, and we were generally helping the mafia. And everyone knew it. But then, the mafia got a bit over confident, and one player on the mafia in particular who will remain nameless (stopped playing a long time ago--and IYKYK) was really being not nice about the whole thing. And was certain that they had won.

So, I messaged Bea to say--hey. I have an idea. And she went with it (xoxo). And we voted with the cigs and won them the game.

Said not nice player was VERY unhappy. But, well, that's what happens when you mistake the game for entirely stats and forget the human element.

At least I think it was @bea? This was over a decade ago. She'll correct me if I'm wrong.

That and my second game ever, when I was Tin Woodsman, a civvie with killing power, and killed multiple mafia to a win, are my 2 proudest.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lol @LoRab I'm dying to know who that player was!

I played a game somewhere, lostpedia I think? not totally sure, where I started out a civ and then @Spacedaisy recruited me to her 3P team.

Then, the mafia recruited me to their team! I remember @Kate was on it and @Typhoony and I think aapje and maybe @Tranq. I remember the host but I'll let his name die a slow death lol. Anyway, I had to keep pretending to @Spacedaisy that I was on her team which felt horrible because she's like the sweetest person ever.

If I remember correctly we (mafia) won but the game was chock full of controversy lol! It was the most fun I had as mafia ever, I mean look at the characters that were on that team, but I felt sick about Spacedaisy.

The old days, so full of wild mechanics!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: ↑Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Lol I don’t even remember that Jules. But I remember aapje doing the same sort of thing to me once in the like one game he played here!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Spacedaisy wrote: ↑Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:46 pm This player list could make me cry! πŸ’œ
Same!
LoRab wrote: ↑Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:00 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: ↑Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:06 pm Anyone know what Illy is up to these days?
I can message her tomorrow and see if I can convince.
Yes please!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

juliets wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:27 pm Lol @LoRab I'm dying to know who that player was!

I played a game somewhere, lostpedia I think? not totally sure, where I started out a civ and then @Spacedaisy recruited me to her 3P team.

Then, the mafia recruited me to their team! I remember @Kate was on it and @Typhoony and I think aapje and maybe @Tranq. I remember the host but I'll let his name die a slow death lol. Anyway, I had to keep pretending to @Spacedaisy that I was on her team which felt horrible because she's like the sweetest person ever.

If I remember correctly we (mafia) won but the game was chock full of controversy lol! It was the most fun I had as mafia ever, I mean look at the characters that were on that team, but I felt sick about Spacedaisy.

That is quite a team! And I suspect we may be referencing the same player. Is his name the same as a shoe company?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

LOL, I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about the same person.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Still so tramatized from that game realizing Marmot was thw turn coat based on my death post. :/
LoRab wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:34 pm
One of mine was in Heroes mafia. I was neutral (I don't actually remember what character it was--and it was on LP so I can't even look it up) and had recruited Bea through a game mechanic. It was towards end game, and we were generally helping the mafia. And everyone knew it. But then, the mafia got a bit over confident, and one player on the mafia in particular who will remain nameless (stopped playing a long time ago--and IYKYK) was really being not nice about the whole thing. And was certain that they had won.

So, I messaged Bea to say--hey. I have an idea. And she went with it (xoxo). And we voted with the cigs and won them the game.

Said not nice player was VERY unhappy. But, well, that's what happens when you mistake the game for entirely stats and forget the human element.

At least I think it was @bea? This was over a decade ago. She'll correct me if I'm wrong.

That and my second game ever, when I was Tin Woodsman, a civvie with killing power, and killed multiple mafia to a win, are my 2 proudest.
Yes! That was exactly it. And I was Nathan so him bring bad for a minute but eventually good actually fit the theme!

juliets wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:27 pm Lol @LoRab I'm dying to know who that player was!

I loooooved having btsc with tranq and typh anytime I could.

And one time on rev, aapjee lost his crap due to my wallotext cuz my crackberry's return button was broken. When it was explained to him, he went back to my posts for the rest of the game and added paragraph breaks in them for me. :hugs:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

bea wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:40 pm

I loooooved having btsc with tranq and typh anytime I could.

And one time on rev, aapjee lost his crap due to my wallotext cuz my crackberry's return button was broken. When it was explained to him, he went back to my posts for the rest of the game and added paragraph breaks in them for me. :hugs:
That is so aap.

And they were great in BTSC. Most fun hosting was angel mafia on piano. And they were our vampires, one of the 2 mafias, iirc.

And I forgot rev mafia existed until right now.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Lorab, dojt forget rev - that's when you get smooshed by a piano!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Omg. I can see already me doing this on my phone is gonna be full of betastic mistakes! Lol
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Golden »

bea wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:11 pm Omg. I can see already me doing this on my phone is gonna be full of betastic mistakes! Lol
Good
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Love u too Golden! :)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

LoRab wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:19 pm

That is quite a team! And I suspect we may be referencing the same player. Is his name the same as a shoe company?
Omg we ARE talking about the same person!! LOLOL!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

@Typhoony @aapje @Tranq the Duchies! Your ears should be burning! So many of us remember your entertaining ways! Stop by and say hi!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Has anyone let booney know?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

bea wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:10 pm Has anyone let booney know?
Oh... I can't even recall if I still have her on FB... I know I didn't tell her.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Got ya. I can reach out. Dom and svs too if ya want?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

bea wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:29 pm Got ya. I can reach out. Dom and svs too if ya want?
Sure :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Omg. Going through my old pms to try to get rid of the notification bubble before the game starts. I have pms from 2016 at page 2 and there are 59 more to goooo.

My pm box is the syndicate archive. :noble:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ok. End of the pm file had my dr who mafia pms. Awe.... now i wish i had access to the dr suess game svs and i did on lp.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Game details in first post now. Feel free to look it over as you like. Changes could occur, but we will alert you if so.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh good I'm looking forward to spending 3 hours meticulously decoding all the secret roles after one letter gets revealed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:04 pm Oh good I'm looking forward to spending 3 hours meticulously decoding all the secret roles after one letter gets revealed.
:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Spacedaisy wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:01 pm Game details in first post now. Feel free to look it over as you like. Changes could occur, but we will alert you if so.
Great set up!! I love that Vomp is a role. Also, I wonder whatever happened to Link (for whom linkitis was named, a long time ago). Link McCloud, I think?
juliets wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:58 pm
I literally do not buy that shoe brand because I have such an awful reaction to the name.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:04 pm Oh good I'm looking forward to spending 3 hours meticulously decoding all the secret roles after one letter gets revealed.
Why wait for a letter to be revealed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: ↑Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:41 am
Sadly way ahead of you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote: ↑Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:36 am
Sadly way ahead of you.
:bighug:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

:hug:
bea wrote: ↑Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:53 am
DharmaHelper wrote: ↑Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:36 am
Sadly way ahead of you.
:bighug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:28 am
I spent all day yesterday rereading all 157 pages of that game, and it was truly one of the best times I've ever had on this site.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hands down.

ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Just like old times, I don’t plan on helping at all with the decoding.
I think @G-Man should though as payback for S~c~~t M~f~~
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

LoRab wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:46 pm
juliets wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:58 pm
I literally do not buy that shoe brand because I have such an awful reaction to the name.
Same (I spent a while looking for the vomit β€œduds” emoji LC made back in the day lol @Kate do you remember Duds?)
Gro-oo-ovy
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

mafia how to play best strategy 2022 how to guide easy win

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to β€œThe Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”