Total votes: 15
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 173

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by sig »

quote=sig post_id=966085 time=1666647203 user_id=411]
Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:08 pm
sig wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:03 pm I don’t find Elon questioning and then flip flopping as that scummy. It actually seems more likely to fit within her D1

Not a fan of Axe (I believe) role fishing about mason earlier.

DH is my gut mafia read since he’s around and posting but not really contributing yet.

Scotty/Golden are pinging me a bit for the heavy defense of me against Eloh claim it would be an easy move for mafia to make especially older mafia players who are used to me being Mislynched to get some civ points
Don‘t recall you getting heavily defended against Eloh.
Seems like an odd representation of two players TRing you
I’d argue the fact she was pressed over it for a good portion of the day and have been defending herself/accused of being mafia due to her actions surrounding me ties into me being defended. I guess you could phrase it more of them just being suspicious of her BUT, said suspicions wouldn’t have happened if she didn’t make a comment about me.
[/quote]

Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:09 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:27 pm That being said, I actually think sig coming out and throwing caution to the wind with regards to his spelling and grammar is townie, if not reckless. Could be WIFOM, but that role is incredibly restrictive to my *vibe* which comes with autocorrect errors and incomplete sentences. So I get it.
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:38 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:22 pm I will also state for the record that I don't buy the suspicion on Sig. Feels too easy.
Sig is known miselimination fodder.

It is known, Khaleesi.

Though I’m seeing more support for sig as town than suspicion at this current juncture..
Bit too much whiteknighting on sig from Scottys part for my taste. I don't like that the initial argument became a secondary one in his reply to Llama. Scotty may be a bit too eager to parade the start of day role shenannies around that he based his sig townread on.

Can someone give me an opinion on this? Since right now it seems like Vivax is just throwing stuff at the wall and trying to see what sticks. Especially considering he went from poking me about being defended by Scotty to saying Scotty is white knighting me.

The entire interaction is very bizarre and waffly and I’ll be taking a second look at Vivax really quickly
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 112

Post by thellama73 »

Lots of vote switching going on without people posting about it. Very suspicious.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

sig wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:23 pm Can someone give me an opinion on this? Since right now it seems like Vivax is just throwing stuff at the wall and trying to see what sticks. Especially considering he went from poking me about being defended by Scotty to saying Scotty is white knighting me.

The entire interaction is very bizarre and waffly and I’ll be taking a second look at Vivax really quickly
Scotty is white knighting you, but he's also white knighting Axe Body Spray. Maybe he is just a nice guy, or maybe I need to reassess my civ read of him. But that can wait until tomorrow.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

I moved back to Sloonei.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Anyone else thinking that all the baddies are among the off wagon voters, currently ?
G-Man wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:14 pm Voting for Golden the Coward for poopooing on my attempts to sort out game mechanics to the civvies’ advantage. He’s also high post-count, which gives us lots to chew on, right or wrong. His tone is pretty level, but that (along with his posting volume) could be a ploy to place him right at radar level. He’s present, posting, and engaged. At this early stage it’s easy enough to give someone like him a pass for a few days just on those qualities alone.

[VOTE: Golden the Coward] aubergine

I have a meeting tonight that may push right up to eod. I’ll hang around up to the start of the meeting, but I can’t promise that I’ll make it back before the flip.
I don't really understand this reason to vote Golden. Rest of this post seems more to aim at expressing that Golden can do this as mafia. But G-Man comes off townie to me, at glance.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:23 pm Lots of vote switching going on without people posting about it. Very suspicious.
Tastes like crime :mafia:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DrWilgy »

Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:28 pm I moved back to Sloonei.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Anyone else thinking that all the baddies are among the off wagon voters, currently ?
G-Man wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:14 pm Voting for Golden the Coward for poopooing on my attempts to sort out game mechanics to the civvies’ advantage. He’s also high post-count, which gives us lots to chew on, right or wrong. His tone is pretty level, but that (along with his posting volume) could be a ploy to place him right at radar level. He’s present, posting, and engaged. At this early stage it’s easy enough to give someone like him a pass for a few days just on those qualities alone.

[VOTE: Golden the Coward] aubergine

I have a meeting tonight that may push right up to eod. I’ll hang around up to the start of the meeting, but I can’t promise that I’ll make it back before the flip.
I don't really understand this reason to vote Golden. Rest of this post seems more to aim at expressing that Golden can do this as mafia. But G-Man comes off townie to me, at glance.
Mmmhhmmmmmmm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Sloonei is justifying things that don't matter, it only makes me want to kill him more.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

That being said, if not sloonei, then vivax. Also, Elo still a good kill.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

thellama73 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:23 pm Lots of vote switching going on without people posting about it. Very suspicious.
There is nothing less alignment indicative.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:29 pm
"Crime," declared the police captain, "is everywhere, crime, crime!"

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:32 pm
Llama is just having some old school thoughts on this. He came from the days of 1 vote no switching so that makes sense.
ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

sig wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:33 pm
Llama is just having some old school thoughts on this. He came from the days of 1 vote no switching so that makes sense.
I understand he's not mafia for it, he's holding up a billboard that reads "I am town, please night kill".
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:30 pm Sloonei is justifying things that don't matter, it only makes me want to kill him more.
My last post was a direct response to llama repeatedly suggesting that I initiated a suspicion against sig.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

I'm not sure if I should love or hate the work DH has put into his spoilered summaries. It's the sort of stuff you want to be AI in one way or the other but then it would be a duck move.
But a lot of it is mostly...summaries, with links. Maybe I'm too judgmental ?

Would be kinda funny if he got D1d after writing all that though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I will not be able to be active for the last hour and a half. I don't have a strong suspect. Oh well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:21 pm My "sig is obviously mafia" post at the start of this day was 100% unserious and a reference to a long-standing meme about sig always being the default easy-suspect option in every game that he plays. I have not had any suspicion against him at any point in this game.
I guess this needed to be said, because not everyone is familiar with a lot of the meta of this group, but I kinda feel like it didn’t need to be said.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

That, and I really dislike it when people try to dissuade me from analyzing data. "No! Don't look at that, it means nothing! Look over here instead!" That does not seem like a productive attitude to take. It's what S~V~S used to call "stifling discussion" (even though she always accused me of doing it). I don't like Scotty telling me not to suspect Axe Body Spray, and I don't like Axe Body Spray telling me not to be suspicious of silent vote switching. I'll suspect who and what I want!

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:34 pm I will not be able to be active for the last hour and a half. I don't have a strong suspect. Oh well.
Well this I don’t like
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:34 pm
I understand he's not mafia for it, he's holding up a billboard that reads "I am town, please night kill".
Pfft, the mafia won't night kill me. I am too good at getting myself lynched for them to bother.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Silent vote switching should be heavily discouraged, regardless of whether or not we think it is alignment-indicative. Always call your votes in the thread, please and thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:34 pm I will not be able to be active for the last hour and a half. I don't have a strong suspect. Oh well.
Well this I don’t like
Same.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

thellama73 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:37 pm
That, and I really dislike it when people try to dissuade me from analyzing data. "No! Don't look at that, it means nothing! Look over here instead!" That does not seem like a productive attitude to take. It's what S~V~S used to call "stifling discussion" (even though she always accused me of doing it). I don't like Scotty telling me not to suspect Axe Body Spray, and I don't like Axe Body Spray telling me not to be suspicious of silent vote switching. I'll suspect who and what I want!
I'm not telling you what to read into and what not to read into, merely that what you're reading into is meaningless. It's a subtle but important difference.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

thellama73 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:39 pm
Pfft, the mafia won't night kill me. I am too good at getting myself lynched for them to bother.
Having no history on that, I would kill you in the night.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:39 pm Silent vote switching should be heavily discouraged, regardless of whether or not we think it is alignment-indicative. Always call your votes in the thread, please and thanks.
No, I don't think I will.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Elohcin »

I'm trying not to sus anyone for changing votes bc I know it is the way of the new world, but I'm having a hard time doing so. I'm most suspicious of Vivax right now (reasons given earlier), but I will wait a little bit longer before I place my vote. I could easily vote for sloon too. He is just giving me icky vibes. And while I don't think that is enough to vote someone, a lot of good points have been made against him.

linki: see, event that post Sloon just made about not being around before the vote. just blech.
linki again....can I post now?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This is plain nonsense. I’ve solved whole games based on day one voting records. It’s the most likely day for mafia to trip up, when they don’t quite know what direction the game will go or what will stick.

When the town has more info, day one will be good fodder.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm
This is plain nonsense. I’ve solved whole games based on day one voting records. It’s the most likely day for mafia to trip up, when they don’t quite know what direction the game will go or what will stick.

We were talking about silent voting, not voting in general.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:40 pm
Yeah, but you're not mafia, so you're powerless in that regard.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:45 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm

We were talking about silent voting, not voting in general.
If you don’t cal on your vote no way to track it though
ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

thellama73 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:46 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:40 pm
Yeah, but you're not mafia, so you're powerless in that regard.
I guess we'll see.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I’m torn right now.

Some of these rouge votes aren’t great especially not liking Scotty vote on Lorab given that she said she’d be less around.

I also don’t like the two votes on Eloh I definitely think she’s a civ right now and was the easiest band wagon vote
ImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Sounds better than pasta water.

I'm ok with these wagons save that I don't fully understand the Golden one.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

My initial reads on people have changed so much already. This has definitely been an informative Day 1.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:42 pm linki: see, event that post Sloon just made about not being around before the vote. just blech.
Why is it bad that I won't be here? The world won't stop spinning. I have real life obligations to attend to.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I’m not going to vote Sloonei and if he’s lynched and flips the role I think he’ll flip I’ll explain why.

I don’t like G-Man’s vote on me at all, a full no u.

Still don’t trust Quin today but it seems like not many agree with me.

I think the town has an eye on Elo and I don’t expect her survival to mean a free ride, so I’m not voting there today.

Axe is actively harmful to the town. That’s different from being mafia. I suspect a role hint exists here as well. Frustrating, makes me want to throw a vote to eliminate the chaos but my better instincts say, let’s see what happens today and re-evaluate.

I’ve gone back and forth on Vivax today and I’m back to feeling not great, but when I do feel good it’s because of solvey behaviour that I’m not keen to eliminate.

No one else has pinged me beyond a stray eye.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:49 pm
Sounds better than pasta water.

I'm ok with these wagons save that I don't fully understand the Golden one.
I don’t think there’s anything to understand.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm
Axe is actively harmful to the town. That’s different from being mafia. I suspect a role hint exists here as well. Frustrating, makes me want to throw a vote to eliminate the chaos but my better instincts say, let’s see what happens today and re-evaluate.

I’ve gone back and forth on Vivax today and I’m back to feeling not great, but when I do feel good it’s because of solvey behaviour that I’m not keen to eliminate.

Yea Axe usually harms the town as town. I can’t recall his mafia game play though.

I’m also back and forth on Vivax he seems both trying to solve and also just trying to just find what will stick.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm Still don’t trust Quin today but it seems like not many agree with me.
Quin is perhaps my strongest town read in this game right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:49 pm I’m torn right now.

Some of these rouge votes aren’t great especially not liking Scotty vote on Lorab given that she said she’d be less around.

I also don’t like the two votes on Eloh I definitely think she’s a civ right now and was the easiest band wagon vote
I agree with this statement 100%
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm Still don’t trust Quin today but it seems like not many agree with me.
I sort of agree with you.
Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm I’ve gone back and forth on Vivax today and I’m back to feeling not great, but when I do feel good it’s because of solvey behaviour that I’m not keen to eliminate.
Vivax is starting to feel yucky to me too.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I also think Llama (?) was right you maybe have one active pushing mafia member and the rest are laying low. So the question is who’s around but laying low?

Also did we ever get an answer on DF being more or less active as mafia?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:58 pm
Could you explain further?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:42 pm linki: see, event that post Sloon just made about not being around before the vote. just blech.
Why is it bad that I won't be here? The world won't stop spinning. I have real life obligations to attend to.
I understand obligations. It was your tone. You didn't try to get a read to make an informed vote before leaving. Your exact words were "Oh well."
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ok I’m just gonna come outright and say a theory.

There’s a vompatti role in this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if it limits its owners post count, even to as little as 1.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:01 pm
I understand obligations. It was your tone. You didn't try to get a read to make an informed vote before leaving. Your exact words were "Oh well."
It is Day 1.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It’s the first thing Sloonei has done in the game that actually does feel scummish to me, this can absolutely be real life but it can also be antispew. If Sloonei is lynched and flips bad it’s a good look on vivax, I don’t think you go into antispew and vote a teammate.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:02 pm Ok I’m just gonna come outright and say a theory.

There’s a vompatti role in this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if it limits its owners post count, even to as little as 1.
I doubt that. Apart from being a crippling role mechanic, I never thought of Vompatti as primarily defined by low posting. I remember him for his bizarre nonsensical posts, his creative misspellings, his odd little aphorisms about the cost of living in Finland, and his ending every post with the letter k, but not for being silent.

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

sig wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:57 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm

Yea Axe usually harms the town as town. I can’t recall his mafia game play though.

I’m also back and forth on Vivax he seems both trying to solve and also just trying to just find what will stick.
I mean, we have different definitions on what is harmful to town and I would prefer if you didn't play into a narrative that has been primarily held by people who actively berate me in game in a very problematic way.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:58 pm
Could you explain further?
His reads of Eloh and Scotty had a very strong spark of sincerity in them. The way he went out about communicating those reads in the thread felt extremely authentic to me. His posts about the two of them just felt like a player who had a genuine thought and was simply pulling on the thread to see where it would take him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:05 pm
It’s the first thing Sloonei has done in the game that actually does feel scummish to me, this can absolutely be real life but it can also be antispew. If Sloonei is lynched and flips bad it’s a good look on vivax, I don’t think you go into antispew and vote a teammate.
"antispew" is a new term to me.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”