DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 231

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:26 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:46 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:38 am
Golden wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:17 pm I moved my vote to [VOTE: DH] aubergine.

Sloonei feels very confident.

Why for?
To get your ass moving.
I see. And how has that ass moved, exactly?
Spoiler: show
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:02 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:59 am
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:58 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:55 am
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:53 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:51 am

This means nothing
You think i should consider it NAI?
No I meant that your post literally means nothing. You said nothing there. "You're imitating yourself" and "Because I don't think you're town, I can't not think you're bad"

Nothing.

Also, its NAI.
If it means nothing how did you manage to frame it up to mean something else that I didn’t say?
Because in the absence of meaning any meaning can be interjected by a skilled tactician. Thank you for both proving my point and complimenting me.
No, it can’t be given ‘any meaning’. It means exactly what it says. You saying it means something I didn’t say (that I ‘can’t help reading you as bad’ when I said ‘the absence of a town read troubled me’ is not finding a different meaning to it. It’s adding something that isn’t there.
I side with Golden in this kerfuffle, and not just because that was my predisposition. DH's objections feel arbitrary and/or to be missing the mark. That does not need to mean that he is mafia though.

While I'm talking about DH, I want to revisit a point that Scotty made yesterday. DH spent some time ISOing everybody on Day 1. And while that work is appreciated, and he came out of it with reads, I do not feel as though he has had much momentum in pursuing those reads since. There has not been much, if any, follow through on the work he started.
:ponder:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You guys know the objective of the game is to vote for people you think are bad?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:00 pm You guys know the objective of the game is to vote for people you think are bad?
By 8 PM EST, yes. Is there more to this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 575
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:56 pm
LoRab wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:29 pm I have more players I feel good about than am suspish of. Which makes sense in terms of numbers, but is annoying. Not wanting to name who I feel good about because don’t want to help mafia
I think this point may make Lorab difficult to read, or cause us to default to suspicion against her. This mindset is a bit of a relic from an earlier era of Syndicate games, where sharing town reads was seen as a hindrance because it gave the mafia a team a roadmap of which players to kill first. This means we are unlikely to get the type of reads out of Lorab that we would normally want, even if she is town.
What about mafia reads?

Like…we’re almost at the end of day 2. We’ve had 2 deaths and plenty of talking points.

It’s like going to get a massage and the first 7 sessions with the masseuse are them talking about all the pressure points they’re going to hit and how great it’s going to feel…while never touching you.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:06 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:54 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:48 am Quin has a similar style to me.

I was widely misread as a suspect yesterday.

Quin seems to be widely suspected today.
How do you feel about DH?

I have thoughts about DH. But I will have to express them more tomorrow when I’m not typing away on my phone in the dark while my wife tries to sleep
He has not ruffled my feathers yet. I admittedly have not taken any time to focus on any players in particular this game. Nearly all of my activity has been sitting around and engaging with the thread in real time.

I expect to fix that tomorrow afternoon.
I’m still up for some reason.

One thing I want to address is his ‘thorough’ reads of each player- the ones where he summarized every player’s narrative and put it in spoilers? In the moment it looks dandy, but at the end of it, I didn’t get a clear picture oh what conclusions he drew from it. It was as if he was just stenciling a Monet and presented it as his own art.
What wasn't clear about me explicitly saying what I thought about the people I took the time to read?

Am I on crazy pills?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:26 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:46 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:38 am
Golden wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:17 pm I moved my vote to [VOTE: DH] aubergine.

Sloonei feels very confident.

Why for?
To get your ass moving.
I see. And how has that ass moved, exactly?
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:02 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:59 am
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:58 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:55 am
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:53 am

You think i should consider it NAI?
No I meant that your post literally means nothing. You said nothing there. "You're imitating yourself" and "Because I don't think you're town, I can't not think you're bad"

Nothing.

Also, its NAI.
If it means nothing how did you manage to frame it up to mean something else that I didn’t say?
Because in the absence of meaning any meaning can be interjected by a skilled tactician. Thank you for both proving my point and complimenting me.
No, it can’t be given ‘any meaning’. It means exactly what it says. You saying it means something I didn’t say (that I ‘can’t help reading you as bad’ when I said ‘the absence of a town read troubled me’ is not finding a different meaning to it. It’s adding something that isn’t there.
I side with Golden in this kerfuffle, and not just because that was my predisposition. DH's objections feel arbitrary and/or to be missing the mark. That does not need to mean that he is mafia though.

While I'm talking about DH, I want to revisit a point that Scotty made yesterday. DH spent some time ISOing everybody on Day 1. And while that work is appreciated, and he came out of it with reads, I do not feel as though he has had much momentum in pursuing those reads since. There has not been much, if any, follow through on the work he started.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:02 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:06 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:54 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:48 am Quin has a similar style to me.

I was widely misread as a suspect yesterday.

Quin seems to be widely suspected today.
How do you feel about DH?

I have thoughts about DH. But I will have to express them more tomorrow when I’m not typing away on my phone in the dark while my wife tries to sleep
He has not ruffled my feathers yet. I admittedly have not taken any time to focus on any players in particular this game. Nearly all of my activity has been sitting around and engaging with the thread in real time.

I expect to fix that tomorrow afternoon.
I’m still up for some reason.

One thing I want to address is his ‘thorough’ reads of each player- the ones where he summarized every player’s narrative and put it in spoilers? In the moment it looks dandy, but at the end of it, I didn’t get a clear picture oh what conclusions he drew from it. It was as if he was just stenciling a Monet and presented it as his own art.
What wasn't clear about me explicitly saying what I thought about the people I took the time to read?

Am I on crazy pills?
You made a breakdown of every player’s ISO, and then came out from all of that voting for GMan, correct?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

That's correct yes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I can only assume the people voting for me/suspecting me are town because you would have to be dumb as hell to hem me of all players up in a lynch rather than just NKing me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:56 pm
LoRab wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:29 pm I have more players I feel good about than am suspish of. Which makes sense in terms of numbers, but is annoying. Not wanting to name who I feel good about because don’t want to help mafia
I think this point may make Lorab difficult to read, or cause us to default to suspicion against her. This mindset is a bit of a relic from an earlier era of Syndicate games, where sharing town reads was seen as a hindrance because it gave the mafia a team a roadmap of which players to kill first. This means we are unlikely to get the type of reads out of Lorab that we would normally want, even if she is town.
To @LoRab I'll say this:

Unfortunately, the strategy of withholding town reads is unlikely to benefit you or anyone else in this game. For one, the majority of players in this game are not adhering to it. So even if you wish to keep your town reads secret, others are not inclined to do so. The advantage of "not helping mafia" is completely lost in this case. Instead, withholding your town reads is likely to only cause greater frustration for you and other civilians. You, because you may find it difficult to shake the suspicion against you. Others, because they will not find the type of content they are looking for from you.

Sharing town reads openly has become a central part of most players' approaches to game-solving. The idea is that civilians benefit from identifying one another and then working together, using process of elimination, to catch the bad guys. You may not agree with that approach. But it remains the case that there is little, if anything, to be gained by having one player opt not to share their town reads in an environment where the majority of players are freely expressing theirs.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:07 pm I can only assume the people voting for me/suspecting me are town because you would have to be dumb as hell to hem me of all players up in a lynch rather than just NKing me.
There’s wifom all the way down with you today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:09 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:07 pm I can only assume the people voting for me/suspecting me are town because you would have to be dumb as hell to hem me of all players up in a lynch rather than just NKing me.
Yes because I'm famously well known for employing WIFOM.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I want to reiterate that I’m not suspicious of LoRab not having town reads per se. She can do that just as much as Golden can be smug about the little hats he puts on all of our action figures on his bookshelf.

I’m more critical of the way she’s defending herself and promising more and giving less

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Q: how likely is the “multiple mafia teams” slip that DH had in multiple posts yesterday to come from a town vs a mafia mindset?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:12 pm Q: how likely is the “multiple mafia teams” slip that DH had in multiple posts yesterday to come from a town vs a mafia mindset?
To reshape this question: do we think a mafia member would also genuinely misread the role list in the original post and not know whether or not they were working against another mafia team?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:10 pm
I don't know if this is sarcasm of not, but "I am employing wifom because I am famously known for employing wifom" is the exact "imitating yourself" thing I was talking about.

It reads to me like you're trying to 'be DH' instead of actually just... solving some stuff.

Sloonei's point that you are not doing anything to perpetuate your reads is on point. I was asking you why you'd vote Scotty or G-Man today because at this point, to me, your vote for G-Man reads like a throaway excuse to not follow through on your obsession with Scotty.

I think there's a good chance you and scotty are w/w. I'm gonna be reading Scotty's posts to see if they back that up today.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:12 pm Q: how likely is the “multiple mafia teams” slip that DH had in multiple posts yesterday to come from a town vs a mafia mindset?
I don't think its alignment indicative unless you consider that if I am SK or Mafia I tend to dig my teeth into the game more than if I am CIV vis-a-vis mechanics and I also tend not to put my foot in my mouth and I also tend not to do anything to draw an unnecessary amount of attention to myself.

But I personally don't think it means much, from an alignment perspective.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:15 pm
I don't know if this is sarcasm of not, but "I am employing wifom because I am famously known for employing wifom" is the exact "imitating yourself" thing I was talking about.

It reads to me like you're trying to 'be DH' instead of actually just... solving some stuff.

Sloonei's point that you are not doing anything to perpetuate your reads is on point. I was asking you why you'd vote Scotty or G-Man today because at this point, to me, your vote for G-Man reads like a throaway excuse to not follow through on your obsession with Scotty.

I think there's a good chance you and scotty are w/w. I'm gonna be reading Scotty's posts to see if they back that up today.
I semi-solved the FEB secrets and nobody cared :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Wtf I just noticed Mac is also voting for Quin with JJJ.

What is this, another prison outbreak in Turf Wars?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:50 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:48 am Anyone think that its worth noting that only a handful of people participated in the Prog thing and that mafia would be more incentivized to do that
Not really. To the same degree that I would expect mafia to play with the same level of activity they’ve already played with.

I’m more perplexed by the amount of people that seem to have admitted submitting a song and either didn’t follow the rules or just didn’t get judged for whatever reason
Is that number exactly ne?

I think it's only me. (I really did think I'd submitted a song, turns out it me pushing submit might have just sent it to drafts or something, and I didn't actually get it the full way to being sent.)

I submitted "Pull me Under" by Dream Theater. Yes, there is an under 6 minute 'official' version on Youtube if you search.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

No it doesn't because I read G-Man as bad and voted for him and repeatedly asked him to address my suspicions and he wouldn't.

No it doesn't because I explicitly said why I suspect G-Man and voted for G-Man.

Can someone please read any fucking post I make please God I'm begging you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thanks, keep that healthy suspicion on me.

I just rechecked DH’s ISO parade from yesterday and found his progression actually much smoother and logical than I remember. He does express the most suspicion on GMan, with some others sprinkled in. He even added his list of 5 people he would be willing to vote towards end of day, with GMan at the top.

Now, Elo was also on that list, and he didn’t go near that wagon and was fine standing pat on a vanity wagon, so that’s not the greatest look. But his suspicion progression isn’t out of nowhere

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 pm

I just rechecked DH’s ISO parade from yesterday and found his progression actually much smoother and logical than I remember. He does express the most suspicion on GMan, with some others sprinkled in. He even added his list of 5 people he would be willing to vote towards end of day, with GMan at the top.

Now, Elo was also on that list, and he didn’t go near that wagon and was fine standing pat on a vanity wagon, so that’s not the greatest look. But his suspicion progression isn’t out of nowhere
THANK FUCK

Crazy how when you read what I post you can see the things that I posted.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

He fixated on you all freaking day until the isos. I liked the logic for his suspicion on the iso, and he did make the list of five that suddenly had G-Man at the top long enough to vote G-Man and not you...

And promptly seems to have forgotten his suspicion on G-Man ever existed.

His day one didn't ping me. His day two is what pings me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Have any of your reads developed since you shared all your work on Day 1?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:21 pm

THANK FUCK

I went back and read your entire iso last night DH. I encourage others to do the same.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:22 pm

He fixated on you all freaking day until the isos. I liked the logic for his suspicion on the iso, and he did make the list of five that suddenly had G-Man at the top long enough to vote G-Man and not you...

Are you doing a bit

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:23 pm
Nobody would read them if I did anyway so who cares :haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:19 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:50 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:48 am Anyone think that its worth noting that only a handful of people participated in the Prog thing and that mafia would be more incentivized to do that
Not really. To the same degree that I would expect mafia to play with the same level of activity they’ve already played with.

I’m more perplexed by the amount of people that seem to have admitted submitting a song and either didn’t follow the rules or just didn’t get judged for whatever reason
Is that number exactly ne?

I think it's only me. (I really did think I'd submitted a song, turns out it me pushing submit might have just sent it to drafts or something, and I didn't actually get it the full way to being sent.)

I submitted "Pull me Under" by Dream Theater. Yes, there is an under 6 minute 'official' version on Youtube if you search.
I know at least Lorab was another one that said they submitted and it disappeared

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:24 pm
I am asking explicitly because I want to talk about your reads with you. I don’t need fully detailed ISOs. I just want to see what progress has been made.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

No sorry thats not fair, Scotty would read them.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:21 pm

THANK FUCK

:keys:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:26 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:24 pm
I am asking explicitly because I want to talk about your reads with you. I don’t need fully detailed ISOs. I just want to see what progress has been made.
I don't feel any better about G-Man, I don't feel any better about Scotty, I don't think I feel any better about NAA/Vivax (and the propensity for Mafia to be substitute-priority doesn't help here)

Other than that I don't really care/don't have anything of substance to offer.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden is obviously doing a bit where he says provably untrue things about my posts to wind me up and it is very funny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Vivax »

I'm not sure if Quin is on LoraB for the same reasons as Scotty.
Quin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:08 am
LoRab wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:45 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:36 pm You guys will get there eventuallt.
oh thank Cthulhu I can finally role check you tonite
Did you just role claim a mafia role?
LoRab wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:52 am
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:25 am [VOTE: LoRab] aubergine

For snipey pop-in
If pointing out a strange post makes me seem suspish to you, I’m ok with that.
These two posts go together. LoRab thinks this jokey scum claim from Scotty is alignment indicative (a later post clarifies this somewhat). I'm okay with that.

LoRab wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:02 am
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:54 am

Do you sus Scotty for that ?
Not necessarily. I want to see how he responds.

Or with secrets in civvie roles, there’s also a chance he may be looking for votes as a civ thing.

So, really, I want to see how he responds.
Follows from the above, but I am confused at the "looking for votes as a civ thing" part. Need her to explain this.

LoRab wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:33 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:30 pm

Or with secrets in civvie roles, there’s also a chance he may be looking for votes as a civ thing.

Hi.

Here’s my response:

Really? That’s the hill you’re leading a charge on? Yikes.
I wasn't leading a charge. I was noticing a weirdness. But ok.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:38 pm
Lorab did indeed pop in, as Vivax pointed out, just to call attention to my joke post. That…sure is something. She needs to offer more than that.
Obviously, I didn't read it as a joke post--to be fair, I was reading the entire day's worth of posts, so I likely missed tone. And I will offer more--as I said in the sign ups, I was away for a long weekend, so didn't have much time to get into the game. And yesterday was traveling back home yesterday. As I'm sure you remember, you'll get plenty more from me.

I'm going to assume that you are a civ, and that you are reading me as bad because you are not. But, keeping in mind that it could be a switcheroo.
Her conclusion from all this is that he's town, because scum reading LoRab in this game is a thing civilians do. But also, Scotty could be scum because 'switcheroo'. Do you think you deserve to be scum read, LoRab? I do.

LoRab wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:47 pm I am not going to, but tempted to vote axehole, because he doesn’t seem to honor at all the way other people play, and not adapting to the way many of us are used to. Which is frustrating, and I’m trying not to let me suspect him because I’m annoyed. Similar with VIVA.
This post may as well have not been made. It has nothing to do with the game.

LoRab wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:52 pm Voting Bea.

[VOTE: Bea] aubergine

I don’t suspect her much, but I don’t have a read on her yet. And I want her to come out and play more.
Give me a better reason than this for why you voted bea, please. The last two posts set you up to look like you were making the most inoffensive vote possible.

LoRab wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:29 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:02 pm
@LoRab got any reads yet?

I don’t like how quiet it is. Suggests the mafia are under no real pressure at all. The game is coasting.
Not really. I’m not thinking about bea and kate until tomorrow. And really wanting to know what happened to bea. I have more players I feel good about than am suspish of. Which makes sense in terms of numbers, but is annoying. Not wanting to name who I feel goosed about because don’t want to help mafia. And not convinced the game secrets don’t contain weirdness that makes the allegiances less obvious than they seem.
Revising what I said before. I misremembered this post as LoRab talking about not wanting to explain her town reads, which I thought was a bad look because she lacked the clout needed for scum to want to react to them. Now reading it again, that's all because Scotty specified town reads in his ISO. What a nugget. I'm not concerned if she's holding back on her scum reads.

I still have absolutely no idea what is going on in LoRab's head besides "Scotty could be either good or bad".

Not repeating Scotty's ISO in here, I agree with all of it. You said you have more time, so I'd appreciate you using it to respond to this, and provide reads. [VOTE: LoRab] aubergine

Scotty wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:46 pm I’m gonna identify a pattern for you.
LoRab wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:23 am Popping in. I’ll be driving most of the day, and so I can do so safely, will not be posting and driving. But I will try to check in on stops.

Note well use adverb above, as well as in this sentence.
LoRab wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:33 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:30 pm

Hi.

Here’s my response:

Really? That’s the hill you’re leading a charge on? Yikes.
I wasn't leading a charge. I was noticing a weirdness. But ok.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:38 pm
Lorab did indeed pop in, as Vivax pointed out, just to call attention to my joke post. That…sure is something. She needs to offer more than that.
Obviously, I didn't read it as a joke post--to be fair, I was reading the entire day's worth of posts, so I likely missed tone. And I will offer more--as I said in the sign ups, I was away for a long weekend, so didn't have much time to get into the game. And yesterday was traveling back home yesterday. As I'm sure you remember, you'll get plenty more from me.

I'm going to assume that you are a civ, and that you are reading me as bad because you are not. But, keeping in mind that it could be a switcheroo.
LoRab wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:38 pm Home from work. Just finished reading through the rest of day. And don’t worry—I’m going to vote. There’s over 20 minutes left. Why rush?
LoRab wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:02 pm I'm here!! Went to bed before the results posted last night (because I'm an old person). RIPIYWG (nd you probably were), Splints. (and yes, I know that all of the night victims are likely civ, but I make no assumptions--assumptions are dangerous in this game). And sorry that this post is kind of all over the place.

Splints is a good player, and so I can see why she'd be a N1 target for mafia. Especially if one of the players is someone whom she historically has been able to read. Now I need to remember who that could be. And, mafia knows that anyone not on their team is civ, so is a good target no matter what.

And I should have a normal-er schedule now, so can post more regularly. And maybe actually get reads on people.

Also, I swear that I totally submitted a song for the contest, but now that message seems to have disappeared, and it's super weird. And I'm curious where it went to.

Looking at the visible night results, Kate was Greened and Bea was somethinged. Not knowing what role/circumstance had that effect on Bea, hard to say if that's good or bad. I disagree with whomever said it was a result of the map poll--since she wasn't the only Canada voter, but seems to be the only one whose posts have been altered. And she even said (I think?) that it wasn't Vompatti.

I have more thoughts and I'll remember them later. :)
LoRab wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:29 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:02 pm
@LoRab got any reads yet?

I don’t like how quiet it is. Suggests the mafia are under no real pressure at all. The game is coasting.
Not really. I’m not thinking about bea and kate until tomorrow. And really wanting to know what happened to bea. I have more players I feel good about than am suspish of. Which makes sense in terms of numbers, but is annoying. Not wanting to name who I feel goosed about because don’t want to help mafia. And not convinced the game secrets don’t contain weirdness that makes the allegiances less obvious than they seem.
Anyone else noticing the pattern?
It’s full of excuses.

Now I want to preface that I know she has outlined her time constraints. Everyone has a life outside the game. But the excuses are starting to add up and there’s nothing to show with it. All of her posts have been real nothing burgers and she’s obviously reading along because she’s made multiple comments like “did he just claim mafia” and “it’s weird that JJJ is voting” and yet “I have no reads” or “I have town reads but don’t want to give the mafia any ideas”

I expect more…something substantive at this point.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

That’s fair. His Day 2 attitude does seem to just be obstinate.

I think asking where his GMan suspicion is fair.

I could even unironically see a DH/GMan pairing even though I have GMan as a Townread. GMan was never taking off as a wagon yesterday.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:23 pmAre you doing a bit
I've made a vow to myself not to be wound up and have circular conversations like I used to easily get to in the past. They're unproductive, they're circular, and not fun for others. I don't want to be *that* Golden any more.

I'm not tunnelling on you, I've spent quite enough bandwidth talking about you, and I have other things to say and talk about.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:30 pm

I could even unironically see a DH/GMan pairing even though I have GMan as a Townread. GMan was never taking off as a wagon yesterday.
God I hate when audience members interrupt the comedian on stage to do a bit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:26 pm No sorry thats not fair, Scotty would read them.
:keys:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DH, do I what I do: post your thoughts with wild abandon like no one’s watching.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If you are genuinely town, DH/Gman is an alternative, but less plausible in my mind, explanation for what was happening.

Scotty, you cannot legitimately tell me, if you've read his posts back, that he was not fixated on you all the way until the isos, and then again on day 2. He's married to you and he just flirted with G-Man when he saw him at the bar one night.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:31 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:23 pmAre you doing a bit
I've made a vow to myself not to be wound up and have circular conversations like I used to easily get to in the past. They're unproductive, they're circular, and not fun for others. I don't want to be *that* Golden any more.

I'm not tunnelling on you, I've spent quite enough bandwidth talking about you, and I have other things to say and talk about.
I don't know why you would say provably untrue things about my posts and use them to justify votes/suspicions against me and then expect to be able to walk away without push back, but I do find it very funny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 112

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:52 pm
thellama73 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:38 am You know what, I changed my mind. [VOTE: Quin] aubergine
…what? That’s some weird logical leaps. That’s like having a terrible meal at restaurant, jumping to your feet and explaining in outrage “this food is disgusting!” Then paying with a 30% tip and coming back the next day for lunch.
Allow me to elaborate. The Lorab vote was starting to feel kind of wagony to me, and then she came in and was so ridiculously unhelpful that it made me wonder whether a baddie who was leading the lynch poll wouldn't try harder to muster some kind of a defense. Also, my suspicion of Quin is older and more deeply rooted in my brain, so I want to follow it and see where it leads.

Sloonei, I appreciate you elaborating on your town read of Quin. I think it is sincere. However, I don't see those things as obviously indicative of alignment as you do. For example, remembering patters from a previous game is something anyone can do, not just civilians. So my vote stays on Quin for the time being, but I didn't want you to think your input was being ignored.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:04 pm G-Man donowalled my suspicion of him
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:19 am Genuinely haven't read much recently, did G-Man ever address anything I said or is he suffering the same "I can't see DH's posts" affliction that sig was?
Dont mind me just forgetting my G-Man suspicion exists lmao I'm so crazy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

In other news, I like Vivax2.0’s entrance to the day so far.

Sounds like the same Vivax as before. Could even be the same guy

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 112

Post by thellama73 »

G-Man wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pm Veering into a tough 48-hour stretch for RL (tomorrow night is Trick-or-Treat and Friday is my wife's 40th birthday), but I will do my best to go behind my wife's back and ignore my children enough to participate a bit wherever possible.

RIP Splints. At least we know that, with 3P Vivax gone, it's just civ-vs-mafia, so maybe Splints can get rezzed when we come to that. I'm going to ignore my work and try to re-read some of the eod weirdness for anything that stands out.
I wanted to go back and see the last time G-Man posted because it feels like he's been gone forever. I see he has real life issues, but I'm tempted to vote for him just for the blasphemy of trick or treating on October 27 instead of the 31st.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:33 pm

If you are genuinely town, DH/Gman is an alternative, but less plausible in my mind, explanation for what was happening.

Scotty, you cannot legitimately tell me, if you've read his posts back, that he was not fixated on you all the way until the isos, and then again on day 2. He's married to you and he just flirted with G-Man when he saw him at the bar one night.

@DharmaHelper I want a divorce

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yeah well I want just one person to read anything I post so we don't always get what we want now do we.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:34 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:52 pm
thellama73 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:38 am You know what, I changed my mind. [VOTE: Quin] aubergine
…what? That’s some weird logical leaps. That’s like having a terrible meal at restaurant, jumping to your feet and explaining in outrage “this food is disgusting!” Then paying with a 30% tip and coming back the next day for lunch.
Allow me to elaborate. The Lorab vote was starting to feel kind of wagony to me, and then she came in and was so ridiculously unhelpful that it made me wonder whether a baddie who was leading the lynch poll wouldn't try harder to muster some kind of a defense. Also, my suspicion of Quin is older and more deeply rooted in my brain, so I want to follow it and see where it leads.

Sloonei, I appreciate you elaborating on your town read of Quin. I think it is sincere. However, I don't see those things as obviously indicative of alignment as you do. For example, remembering patters from a previous game is something anyone can do, not just civilians. So my vote stays on Quin for the time being, but I didn't want you to think your input was being ignored.
“she came in and was so ridiculously unhelpful that it made me wonder whether a baddie who was leading the lynch poll wouldn't try harder to muster some kind of a defense.”

I think another perspective to look from is whether or not she wouldn’t do this as mafia. She basically doubled down with her gameplay. We’re 3 hours from end of day, and she has had ample opportunities to provide productive discussion after she has publicly admitted that she should have some semblance of a real schedule for this phase. Why is a wagon forming a bad thing? There are more civilians than mafia.

You’re fine to vote for Quin, it just felt silly to shake your finger at her and then kick the guy who already…also..has a wagon.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I had stuff to say on Quin/Sloonei but I'm actually going to step away for a while.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”