87%

Total votes: 15
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:31 pm Was Sloonei ever interested in a Quin lynch? Is there any reason to believe Sloonei isn't bad?
I have been the #1 Quin advocate since Day 1. I explicitly said more than once that my intention was to prevent him from being eliminated.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 231

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:33 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:31 pm Was Sloonei ever interested in a Quin lynch? Is there any reason to believe Sloonei isn't bad?
You’ve done isos on Sloonei.

Did you miss that Quin has been his top town read for ages? Sloonei has been very clearly and openly voting to save Quin.
Okay.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Post by Golden »

RIP LoRab. I’m sorry to lose you and I’m sorry to lose Cipher.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 575
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Anyway, I know talking in the night is a scary thing for a lot of people. It’s when the witches and zombies come out to play pickle ball or whatever, but that’s fine. I’ll continue to speak my mind, and like Einstein once sang, ‘Live Like You Were Dying”.

Sloonei is so defensive of Quin, I can actually hear Quin’s voice whispering ‘QUAAAAIIDDD’ from beneath Sloonei’s shirt. He’s gone into detail about this town read- gushing over Quin’s genuine attempt to flesh out his read of Scotty vs Elo on D1. And without any other addition today, continued to peddle his undying love.

I believe Golden has bought the swill due to maybe thinking Sloonei is a particular town role. But I don’t buy it. It’s too heavy handed.

The question then becomes: if Sloonei is actually mafia partners with Quin, how likely is he really to be so over the top in defending his partner? It’s a wrinkle, but not unheard of. I try not to do full pairings by putting the goose before the plane, but this particular duo seems linked to me. I think Quin should he the first to go, however, because that would help solve a lot of wagons in these 1st two days.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If Quin's not bad, which is a premise I could eventually accept, that changes the math a bit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:38 pm If Quin's not bad, which is a premise I could eventually accept, that changes the math a bit.
I refuse to believe one of those wagons today didn’t have a mafia.

But yes, if that is true, I need to flip all my reads on their head.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:37 pm Anyway, I know talking in the night is a scary thing for a lot of people. It’s when the witches and zombies come out to play pickle ball or whatever, but that’s fine. I’ll continue to speak my mind, and like Einstein once sang, ‘Live Like You Were Dying”.

Sloonei is so defensive of Quin, I can actually hear Quin’s voice whispering ‘QUAAAAIIDDD’ from beneath Sloonei’s shirt. He’s gone into detail about this town read- gushing over Quin’s genuine attempt to flesh out his read of Scotty vs Elo on D1. And without any other addition today, continued to peddle his undying love.

I believe Golden has bought the swill due to maybe thinking Sloonei is a particular town role. But I don’t buy it. It’s too heavy handed.

The question then becomes: if Sloonei is actually mafia partners with Quin, how likely is he really to be so over the top in defending his partner? It’s a wrinkle, but not unheard of. I try not to do full pairings by putting the goose before the plane, but this particular duo seems linked to me. I think Quin should he the first to go, however, because that would help solve a lot of wagons in these 1st two days.
The player I have as my strongest town read is being widely suspected for reasons that I feel are misguided, by several players I trust. In the absence of a strong suspect, I am going to stick up for the player I town-read as my primary focus.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If I weren't about to get nightkilled I'd probably vote myself again.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:40 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:37 pm Anyway, I know talking in the night is a scary thing for a lot of people. It’s when the witches and zombies come out to play pickle ball or whatever, but that’s fine. I’ll continue to speak my mind, and like Einstein once sang, ‘Live Like You Were Dying”.

The player I have as my strongest town read is being widely suspected for reasons that I feel are misguided, by several players I trust. In the absence of a strong suspect, I am going to stick up for the player I town-read as my primary focus.
Come on son

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Having @Quin’s thoughts on EoD 2 would be groovy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:37 pmI believe Golden has bought the swill due to maybe thinking Sloonei is a particular town role. But I don’t buy it. It’s too heavy handed.
Why do you think it is too heavy-handed?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:40 pm If I weren't about to get nightkilled I'd probably vote myself again.
M8. Why would you get nightkilled?

I am going to get nightkilled

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:40 pm

Come on son
You are not a strong suspect. You are a person I was comfortable putting my vote on today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:41 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:37 pmI believe Golden has bought the swill due to maybe thinking Sloonei is a particular town role. But I don’t buy it. It’s too heavy handed.
If you think he is what I think you think he is, I think he would do a better job of hiding it

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 112

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei’s defense of Quin has puzzled me from the start. It’s so full throated and insistent it almost feels like an info hint, but I can’t really believe that it is, nor can I really believe that it is one mafia sticking up for another. I think the most probable answer is that Sloonei is just genuinely convinced and willing to stand by his convictions.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:43 pm
If you think he is what I think you think he is, I think he would do a better job of hiding it
Why?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:41 pm Having @Quin’s thoughts on EoD 2 would be groovy.
I'll circle round to it before night ends. There was a medical emergency in the family last night and I'm a bit high strung from it.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Quin »

FYI it took two days of being on the chopping block for Sloonei to ask literally anything of me.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:54 pm FYI it took two days of being on the chopping block for Sloonei to ask literally anything of me.
Do you not believe that I could be reading you as town right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:46 pm
Why?
Is role claiming and hinting really that accepted now? I get that I'm seriously OG here but isn't the whole point of this game trying to figure out who everyone is without knowledge that comes with your own role?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kate wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:10 pm
Why?
Is role claiming and hinting really that accepted now? I get that I'm seriously OG here but isn't the whole point of this game trying to figure out who everyone is without knowledge that comes with your own role?
Most games fully allow role claiming these days
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:10 pm
Why?
In our old school games people defended people hard from lynch when they had info. They made cases (as Sloonei has). What stands out to me is how hard Sloonei has worked to keep Quin alive, through case work, for two consecutive days where a Quin lynch is viable.

It’s not determinative, but I struggle to see what Sloonei ought to be doing differently
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Why?
Sorry, was trying unsuccessfully to figure out the first part of the FEBS clue.

For the same reason I think you are being intentionally dense about your role crumbing.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:34 pm
Why?
Sorry, was trying unsuccessfully to figure out the first part of the FEBS clue.

For the same reason I think you are being intentionally dense about your role crumbing.
(I have been taking another pass at that too. I don’t know why it’s so hard.)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hey @Golden you still working on the FEBs clue or just give up?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Wow hi

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hello scotty would you like to play a game of snap with me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have vocally defended Quin because he has been the subject of high volume suspicion which I disagree with.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

how's everyone's evening
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:43 pm Hello scotty would you like to play a game of snap with me.
Is that the one where we lick each other in the balls as hard as we can until someone yells mercy?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:57 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:43 pm Hello scotty would you like to play a game of snap with me.
Is that the one where we lick each other in the balls as hard as we can until someone yells mercy?
oh ffs kick

That ruined the joke anyway :/

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

anyway, I’m here for a little bit @Golden before bed

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:52 pm I have vocally defended Quin because he has been the subject of high volume suspicion which I disagree with.
I look forward to the day in this game that you have as much conviction for a mafia read as you have for Quin

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:15 pm how's everyone's evening
I had a long conversation with multiple dentists on whether or not the dentist I went to last week for a cleaning purposefully effed up a cavity filling to get me to do a root canal. Looking into whether or not I should file for medical malpractice.

I’m in a lot of pain and can’t chew on the left side of my mouth :workit:

How is your evening?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:58 pm
oh ffs kick

We’ve really gotta stop having these night chats they always go wrong.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:58 pm anyway, I’m here for a little bit @Golden before bed
I have been wracking my brain. I thought about ‘When the FEBs die…’ as an opener, but can’t complete it.

I think the reason we can’t solve it is probably that we have something fundamentally steering us wrong, eg it not being ‘when’.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Spacedaisy are you certain there’s no typos in the secrets?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It’s only now occurred to me that we don’t have a Map poll tonight.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:00 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:52 pm I have vocally defended Quin because he has been the subject of high volume suspicion which I disagree with.
I look forward to the day in this game that you have as much conviction for a mafia read as you have for Quin
As do I. As I’ve said, I have no strong convictions about any suspects, so I’m being most vocal about defending my strongest town read instead. I don’t think this should he viewed as a negative.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think we are at a stage in the game where we should at least all have a handful of trusted players. In the absence of clear suspects, that is a good place to start. This is the list I am currently working with:
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:07 pm Players I Have a High Degree of Trust In Right Now:
Golden
Scotty
Quin

Players I Trust a Bit, But Not As Much As Those Guys:
thellama
New Vivax
Michelle

Players That Are In A Vague Blob of Uncertainty:

bea
DFaraday
DrWilgy
G-Man
Kate
Sig

Players I Have Had Reasons to Suspect, But Have Also Seen Glimpses of Town:
Elohcin
LoRab

DharmaHelper:
DharmaHelper
The Blob of Uncertainty is too large and I need to start moving people out of it. That is what I intend to do if I survive to the next phase. But I would also like to start building stronger town reads, both for myself and others. That can start with me, as I have not done much to earn a wide degree of trust to this point. As chaotic as the latter part of Day 2 was, I think it has the potential to be highly valuable. But that depends on what we’re able to take out of it moving forward.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Oh thank fracking god I can just post again.

First: RIP Lorab. I had 0 reason to suspect you this far into the game. I tried as best as I could to express that. I am sorry it wasn't enough. I loved being in a game with you. And I am happy I know you outside of here well enough that you are ever my friend. 💞

I don't think that anything that went down with DH or Golden was allignment indicitive. DH willing to take one for the team in the glorious :noble: fashion of "I would rather die than help lynch a fellow civ" feels on brand. It was very similar to the "I contemplated a self vote on day 1 for Rev reasons." Also, I jist don't see the case against him. In a general "he isn't contrubuting" sort of way. He has. I've been reading, even if most of the chatter happens while I am playing resteraunt. His "no one is reading what I am saying" posts and subsiquent refusal to play anyone's game post his self vote just vibe genunine to me.

And so does Golden. I admit, Golden's playstyle day 1 really threw my vibes off (I am a vibe player) But I think after today, I see why he was trying to switch stuff up more and I undersand where he was coming from.

As for shloon and quinn - IIRC, quinn was the first one to say "the D1 train on Bea is bullsuit. I thought it at the time, but continued to do nothing. " Then sloon actually helped move from topic *of* conversation to actually talking and contributing. I mean, from where I sit, that feels town. Could they be mafia sucking up? Sure. But why me?? Ya'll know I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. If it were mafia, I'd spend more time getting kate, or dh, or llama, or golden or literally anyone else's good graces than bea's.

Questions: 3p = 3rd party = indy yes?
Were DF and I the only 2 people to miss the D1 vote?

Also, IDK what it's worth - but for anyone who thought I could have contributed more insanified, please know that while I was SO VERRRRRRY HAPPY I did not have to deal with Elsie's original insanifer and that when I said something, it was pretty decodable for anyone reading along. (I ALWAYS used the same cipher btw) it was VERY difficult for me to do 1 window at a time from my cell. And impossible to munti quote. AND dispite all that, I still tried. :noble:
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:04 am
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:15 pm how's everyone's evening
I had a long conversation with multiple dentists on whether or not the dentist I went to last week for a cleaning purposefully effed up a cavity filling to get me to do a root canal. Looking into whether or not I should file for medical malpractice.

I’m in a lot of pain and can’t chew on the left side of my mouth :workit:

How is your evening?
That sounds aweful!!! :( I will reduce my work complIning appropriately
Golden wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:06 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:58 pm
oh ffs kick

We’ve really gotta stop having these night chats they always go wrong.
This game was so interesting for like a minute. Then ya'll went straight with it again :sigh:
Golden wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:16 am It’s only now occurred to me that we don’t have a Map poll tonight.

Yup. Is there a blocker in mafia? Or you think Map got katebreaked?
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:21 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:00 am
As do I. As I’ve said, I have no strong convictions about any suspects, so I’m being most vocal about defending my strongest town read instead. I don’t think this should he viewed as a negative.
I don't either tbh. And that is typically how I work even if I don't share everything I am thinking at the start.

ALL of that said. I am done giving DF a meta pass. Rolling into day 3 I need to see more from him.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

As for Kate, I thought the idea of mafia self targeting was interesting. However, I don't think I buy that she was D1 in the hot seat enough to warrant that particular call. Her old skool meta feels as on brand as lorabs was. I need more time there. The fact that she did post OT so much feels like a good look though. Maybe I'm just jaded cuz I missed out on the OT cuz insanified. IDK. I've had :beer: And :beer: + mafia makes me miss my V. AKA Dreamy. My sweet durfunk mafia sister
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, I didn’t think of Kate break. That’s viable.

The thoughts I had were 1) it’s not an every night ability or 2) map is dead.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:46 am As for Kate, I thought the idea of mafia self targeting was interesting. However, I don't think I buy that she was D1 in the hot seat enough to warrant that particular call. Her old skool meta feels as on brand as lorabs was. I need more time there. The fact that she did post OT so much feels like a good look though. Maybe I'm just jaded cuz I missed out on the OT cuz insanified. IDK. I've had :beer: And :beer: + mafia makes me miss my V. AKA Dreamy. My sweet durfunk mafia sister
I have no read on Kate yet but if she’s mafia I think the most likely explanation for greening your own teammate in a case like her is that they knew they were going to be busy and wanted a pass.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Also, I know I should old skool paranoid about it being night and all that, but these phases literally end at the start of resteraunt rush. So imma just gonna play when I can. Even if it is just me talking to the either.

Linkie: wooo! Company! Those were also good thoughts. I guess if Map is gone N3, maybe that was splintsy? :shrug:

Linkie 2: yea except she was way more active this phase that D1.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Also how cool is it that Kate is here playing a game where Katebreak is *literally* a role?!?!

Someday someone should make a Bea role. They have to be clueless but really nice. :noble: :bea:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Another thing to look into: did we see any evidence of Tangrowth this phase?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Your efforts to provide comprehensible content while insanified are appreciated, Bea.

Also you can have a town read. Congratulations!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 am Your efforts to provide comprehensible content while insanified are appreciated, Bea.

Also you can have a town read. Congratulations!

Ohhhhh! I feel both special and late term town kill from mafia. I am the very least of their worries now. But I won't make it to the end. If history repeats itself.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

… I hope the hosts didn’t go too old school and reinstitute the “only players alive at the end of the game can win” rule.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”