our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Golden »

bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:56 am Also how cool is it that Kate is here playing a game where Katebreak is *literally* a role?!?!

Someday someone should make a Bea role. They have to be clueless but really nice. :noble: :bea:
No, they don't have to be clueless, but they should gain powers from how many spelling mistakes they can get away with.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 am Your efforts to provide comprehensible content while insanified are appreciated, Bea.

Also you can have a town read. Congratulations!
And also successful, I read them all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

I guess that losing the Cipher is awkward.
gg Lora
Sadly the rez only works on nightkills afaik.

Good thing bea and kate can talk normally.

@ Kate

What's your case on DH?

Nice idea with the coloured sentences, I'll steal it.

As for bea: I have some questions about sentences I find a bit vague, if you could expound a bit please.

1. I have zero remembrance of you getting thrown off by Golden on D1. Going over your ISO you mostly have positive mentions on D1. Where did Golden throw you off and what did you understand about where he was coming from?
2. This is a strange angle to townread both quinn and shloon. You are basing it on the alignments of kate, dh, llama and golden being assumed town. Do you have that sort of confidence about them ?
bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:38 am Oh thank fracking god I can just post again.

First: RIP Lorab. I had 0 reason to suspect you this far into the game. I tried as best as I could to express that. I am sorry it wasn't enough. I loved being in a game with you. And I am happy I know you outside of here well enough that you are ever my friend. 💞

I don't think that anything that went down with DH or Golden was allignment indicitive. DH willing to take one for the team in the glorious :noble: fashion of "I would rather die than help lynch a fellow civ" feels on brand. It was very similar to the "I contemplated a self vote on day 1 for Rev reasons." Also, I jist don't see the case against him. In a general "he isn't contrubuting" sort of way. He has. I've been reading, even if most of the chatter happens while I am playing resteraunt. His "no one is reading what I am saying" posts and subsiquent refusal to play anyone's game post his self vote just vibe genunine to me.

And so does Golden. I admit, Golden's playstyle day 1 really threw my vibes off (I am a vibe player) But I think after today, I see why he was trying to switch stuff up more and I undersand where he was coming from.

As for shloon and quinn - IIRC, quinn was the first one to say "the D1 train on Bea is bullsuit. I thought it at the time, but continued to do nothing. " Then sloon actually helped move from topic *of* conversation to actually talking and contributing. I mean, from where I sit, that feels town. Could they be mafia sucking up? Sure. But why me?? Ya'll know I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. If it were mafia, I'd spend more time getting kate, or dh, or llama, or golden or literally anyone else's good graces than bea's.

Questions: 3p = 3rd party = indy yes?
Were DF and I the only 2 people to miss the D1 vote?

Also, IDK what it's worth - but for anyone who thought I could have contributed more insanified, please know that while I was SO VERRRRRRY HAPPY I did not have to deal with Elsie's original insanifer and that when I said something, it was pretty decodable for anyone reading along. (I ALWAYS used the same cipher btw) it was VERY difficult for me to do 1 window at a time from my cell. And impossible to munti quote. AND dispite all that, I still tried. :noble:
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:04 am
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:15 pm how's everyone's evening
I had a long conversation with multiple dentists on whether or not the dentist I went to last week for a cleaning purposefully effed up a cavity filling to get me to do a root canal. Looking into whether or not I should file for medical malpractice.

I’m in a lot of pain and can’t chew on the left side of my mouth :workit:

How is your evening?
That sounds aweful!!! :( I will reduce my work complIning appropriately
Golden wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:06 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:58 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:57 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:43 pm Hello scotty would you like to play a game of snap with me.
Is that the one where we lick each other in the balls as hard as we can until someone yells mercy?
oh ffs kick

That ruined the joke anyway :/
We’ve really gotta stop having these night chats they always go wrong.
This game was so interesting for like a minute. Then ya'll went straight with it again :sigh:
Golden wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:16 am It’s only now occurred to me that we don’t have a Map poll tonight.

Yup. Is there a blocker in mafia? Or you think Map got katebreaked?
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:21 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:00 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:52 pm I have vocally defended Quin because he has been the subject of high volume suspicion which I disagree with.
I look forward to the day in this game that you have as much conviction for a mafia read as you have for Quin
As do I. As I’ve said, I have no strong convictions about any suspects, so I’m being most vocal about defending my strongest town read instead. I don’t think this should he viewed as a negative.
I don't either tbh. And that is typically how I work even if I don't share everything I am thinking at the start.

ALL of that said. I am done giving DF a meta pass. Rolling into day 3 I need to see more from him.

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 231

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:18 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 am Your efforts to provide comprehensible content while insanified are appreciated, Bea.

Also you can have a town read. Congratulations!
And also successful, I read them all.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 112

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:12 am Another thing to look into: did we see any evidence of Tangrowth this phase?
Lorab’s posts, though few in number, tended to
Contain a lot of sentences.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:52 am
bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:46 am As for Kate, I thought the idea of mafia self targeting was interesting. However, I don't think I buy that she was D1 in the hot seat enough to warrant that particular call. Her old skool meta feels as on brand as lorabs was. I need more time there. The fact that she did post OT so much feels like a good look though. Maybe I'm just jaded cuz I missed out on the OT cuz insanified. IDK. I've had :beer: And :beer: + mafia makes me miss my V. AKA Dreamy. My sweet durfunk mafia sister
I have no read on Kate yet but if she’s mafia I think the most likely explanation for greening your own teammate in a case like her is that they knew they were going to be busy and wanted a pass.
I obviously was not busy. I was here reading and I posted often OT.

I also put my vote on DH, then moved it to Lorab in an attempt to get her to talk, then moved it back to DH.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:08 am Kate - "I suspect you, DH"
Me - "Okay why, like explain."
Kate - [exits, pursued by a bear]

Interesting and very civvie.
I was having an internal hissy fit last night and had to walk away from you, in particular. I'll get back to it in the day period. That's the way I play, deal with it.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:12 am … I hope the hosts didn’t go too old school and reinstitute the “only players alive at the end of the game can win” rule.
What?? You can win while dead??
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:58 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:12 am … I hope the hosts didn’t go too old school and reinstitute the “only players alive at the end of the game can win” rule.
In my day the Mafia won as a team whether alive or dead, but civilians had to be alive to win.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 575
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:12 am
In my day the Mafia won as a team whether alive or dead, but civilians had to be alive to win.
This is a terrible way to play and I’m glad it’s gone.

It…is gone, right? Anyone wanna test it out?

For science?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Vivax wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:51 am I guess that losing the Cipher is awkward.
gg Lora

@ Kate

What's your case on DH?

As for bea: I have some questions about sentences I find a bit vague, if you could expound a bit please.

1. I have zero remembrance of you getting thrown off by Golden on D1. Going over your ISO you mostly have positive mentions on D1. Where did Golden throw you off and what did you understand about where he was coming from?
2. This is a strange angle to townread both quinn and shloon. You are basing it on the alignments of kate, dh, llama and golden being assumed town. Do you have that sort of confidence about them ?
1) It is the mostly part, he made my gut feel like something was off. Hence 1 eye. I was not joking about having a hard time getting a read on him and not being able to figure out why. It might not have looked like a full on sus (cuz it wasn't) but it was there. I mentioned it, golden addressed it. I sat back and kept an eye on him.

2) I am basing my thoughts on sloon amd quinn based on sloon and quinn. I am unsure what my reads of the others have to do with it. Can you explain what you are asking further? Sometimes I am quite unintentionally obtuse.

Also, the spoiler post reminded me - I still have these questions. Can anyone help a gal out? :grin:

Were DF and I the only 2 people to miss the D1
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:20 am
Vivax wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:51 am I guess that losing the Cipher is awkward.
gg Lora

@ Kate

What's your case on DH?

1) It is the mostly part, he made my gut feel like something was off. Hence 1 eye. I was not joking about having a hard time getting a read on him and not being able to figure out why. It might not have looked like a full on sus (cuz it wasn't) but it was there. I mentioned it, golden addressed it. I sat back and kept an eye on him.

2) I am basing my thoughts on sloon amd quinn based on sloon and quinn. I am unsure what my reads of the others have to do with it. Can you explain what you are asking further? Sometimes I am quite unintentionally obtuse.

Also, the spoiler post reminded me - I still have these questions. Can anyone help a gal out? :grin:

Yes 3p = third party, aka Vivax1.0
And yes, looks like you two were the only day 1 missers.

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Awesome. Thanks. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Elohcin »

I will not be around for the night phase, sorry.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kate wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 am

I was having an internal hissy fit last night and had to walk away from you, in particular. I'll get back to it in the day period. That's the way I play, deal with it.
You responded to several other people and were at least lurking for a while but assuming you did actually step away, now that you have, you are free to share your suspicions/reasons for voting for me aren't you?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Currently the top 5 in posts in this game are:
DH
Scotty
Golden
Sloonei
Llama

I think you’re as likely to find mafia swimming about in this list as you are to have stomach problems after a few rounds of margaritas and chalupas at the local Mexican restaurant.

I know I’m town. I had llama as a top town all of yesterday, and to an extent, also had Golden. DH is just a wild card to me.

Of those 4 players not named me, I’d currently rank them from least likely to most likely to be mafia as:
-llama
-golden
-DH
-sloonei

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:38 am I will not be around for the night phase, sorry.
That’s ok. I think it’s just a gift that we’re even allowed to talk at night- it’s been such a long time.

It’s most beneficial to town before one of us gets green’d again or one of us gets NK’d

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:41 am

You responded to several other people and were at least lurking for a while but assuming you did actually step away, now that you have, you are free to share your suspicions/reasons for voting for me aren't you?
As I said, I had to walk away from YOU in particular.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dredging this back up:
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:15 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:12 pm Q: how likely is the “multiple mafia teams” slip that DH had in multiple posts yesterday to come from a town vs a mafia mindset?
I don't think its alignment indicative unless you consider that if I am SK or Mafia I tend to dig my teeth into the game more than if I am CIV vis-a-vis mechanics and I also tend not to put my foot in my mouth and I also tend not to do anything to draw an unnecessary amount of attention to myself.

But I personally don't think it means much, from an alignment perspective.
So I pitched that question to the general public, and you were the only one to answer. And your answer was a WIFOM, consisting of basically “if I were bad, I’d just talk with wild abandon, which is what I’m currently doing” so thanks for that

Anyone else pause at DH’s mafia team confusion in D1? Or at least think it holds any weight?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kate wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:45 am

Yes but now (and every time) That I ask you why you suspect me you can't seem to say why.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:46 am Dredging this back up:
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:12 pm Q: how likely is the “multiple mafia teams” slip that DH had in multiple posts yesterday to come from a town vs a mafia mindset?
I don't think its alignment indicative unless you consider that if I am SK or Mafia I tend to dig my teeth into the game more than if I am CIV vis-a-vis mechanics and I also tend not to put my foot in my mouth and I also tend not to do anything to draw an unnecessary amount of attention to myself.

So I pitched that question to the general public, and you were the only one to answer. And your answer was a WIFOM, consisting of basically “if I were bad, I’d just talk with wild abandon, which is what I’m currently doing” so thanks for that

Anyone else pause at DH’s mafia team confusion in D1? Or at least think it holds any weight?
I swear to God someday somebody is going to read my posts.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:19 am
thellama73 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:12 am
This is a terrible way to play and I’m glad it’s gone.

It…is gone, right? Anyone wanna test it out?

For science?
No. Everything new is terrible and the old ways were best. Just another symptom of our societal decline.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:46 am

Yes but now (and every time) That I ask you why you suspect me you can't seem to say why.
I guess I'm just a moron. I'll do what I want to do about your request of me in the DAY PERIOD. Can I make that any more clear to you?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:47 am

Just to be clear,.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kate wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:49 am

I guess I'm just a moron. I'll do what I want to do about your request of me in the DAY PERIOD. Can I make that any more clear to you?
Okay so you don't actually suspect me, that's very cool.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:51 am

Okay so you don't actually suspect me, that's very cool.
I'm done with you for the night period. Period.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Its not illegal to give a reason for your suspicions at night. The only reason one wouldn't has nothing to do with whether their a moron (Which I didn't say, but not reading what I'm saying/Saying I'm saying different things is very on brand and in vogue so no sweat).

One would repeatedly refuse to give a reason for their vote/suspicion, I'd think, because they didn't have a good one that would stand the test of scrutiny.

I want to engage with someone, anyone at all really, who has a legitimate reason for suspecting me, but Every time I do try to do that, I get nothing back. Which is cool and fun.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

By your own admission I’m the only one seemingly reading your posts so what am I missing?

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:55 am Its not illegal to give a reason for your suspicions at night. The only reason one wouldn't has nothing to do with whether their a moron (Which I didn't say, but not reading what I'm saying/Saying I'm saying different things is very on brand and in vogue so no sweat).

One would repeatedly refuse to give a reason for their vote/suspicion, I'd think, because they didn't have a good one that would stand the test of scrutiny.

I want to engage with someone, anyone at all really, who has a legitimate reason for suspecting me, but Every time I do try to do that, I get nothing back. Which is cool and fun.
So glad you're having a good time.

*it's they're
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:57 am

By your own admission I’m the only one seemingly reading your posts so what am I missing?
I explained in my color-post, but
And your answer was a WIFOM, consisting of basically “if I were bad, I’d just talk with wild abandon, which is what I’m currently doing”
Is not true because what I said was "When I'm Mafia/SK, I tend to focus in on and utilize mechanics more than when I'm civ, and I tend to be very careful about what I say"

Which is the opposite of what you said I said. Which means you didn't read what I said.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kate wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:59 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:55 am Its not illegal to give a reason for your suspicions at night. The only reason one wouldn't has nothing to do with whether their a moron (Which I didn't say, but not reading what I'm saying/Saying I'm saying different things is very on brand and in vogue so no sweat).

*it's they're
Okay now like Golden I am actually legitimately remembering why I hate this game and everything to do with it and don't want to play it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

This isn’t a threat but more of a statement:

What if you don’t make it to the day phase? :noble:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate seems unhappy, and that's a shame.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Well, I have no aversion to giving reads during the night phase, and since there's a non-zero chance that I will be NKed, here's what I have to say about everybody still playing.

bea - No real reason to suspect her, but I inherently don't trust her and her cheerfulness feels a little more forced than what I'm used to. Entirely possible she is bad.

DFaraday - I will be pissed off if he is bad, because never participating and taking advantage of the town tendency not to lynch non-participants is a lame way to play.

DharmaHelper - He's either a good actor or a civilian. His response to almost being lynched yesterday felt real to me.

DrWilgy - I've been reading him as civ, but since he stopped licking people he's kind of disappeared, so I'm prepared to reevaluate.

Elohcin - I think she's good. Her day 1 posts were consistent with what I remember of her pattern of always getting suspected for things that turn out not to be baddie tells, but just the way she is.

G-Man - Again, more lucky than I like to see from him. He's on my radar.

Golden - is behaving more like a Civ than anyone else in the thread.

Kate - Genuinely angry, but that could be for a couple of reasons. I thought DH's point about her being the target of an NK was a good one, and it's possible she's mad she got caught.

thellama73 - Supatown.

Michelle - Not sure. Had her down as a civ fairly early, but it's been long enough that I need to reevaluate.

Quin - Bad, despite what Sloonei says.

Scotty - Participating like hell and being very useful. Either civilian or a very devious villain indeed.

sig - On my radar for being blend.

Sloonei - I feel good about Sloonei after the day 1 result and the nature of his contributions after that.

Vivax 2.0 - Behaving largely the same as before her substitution, which is good, and I had a town read on her predecessor.

Therefore, if I should die before I wake, look at Quin, Bea, Kate, G-Man, and Sig to be possible culprits.

I will not be very active for the rest of the night phase due to social obligations.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

That G-Man read should say lurky, not lucky^

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:03 am
Kate wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:59 am

*it's they're
Okay now like Golden I am actually legitimately remembering why I hate this game and everything to do with it and don't want to play it.
Ditto, which is why I tried to walk away from this exchange.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It wouldn't be classic mafia without at least four players saying they hate the game and want to quit! Ah, memories...

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:59 am

And your answer was a WIFOM, consisting of basically “if I were bad, I’d just talk with wild abandon, which is what I’m currently doing”
Is not true because what I said was "When I'm Mafia/SK, I tend to focus in on and utilize mechanics more than when I'm civ, and I tend to be very careful about what I say"

Which is the opposite of what you said I said. Which means you didn't read what I said.
If that was your intention, it didn’t come out like that to me. Here’s the quote:
“…if I am SK or Mafia I tend to dig my teeth into the game more than if I am CIV vis-a-vis mechanics and I also tend not to put my foot in my mouth and I also tend not to do anything to draw an unnecessary amount of attention to myself...”

Separated the thoughts by colors.

I’m no English major like Sloonei but can you not see how that would be confusing and not just me not reading your posts?

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:20 am
gg Lora

@ Kate

What's your case on DH?

(1)
I admit, Golden's playstyle day 1 really threw my vibes off (I am a vibe player) But I think after today, I see why he was trying to switch stuff up more and I undersand where he was coming from.
(2)
As for shloon and quinn - IIRC, quinn was the first one to say "the D1 train on Bea is bullsuit. I thought it at the time, but continued to do nothing. " Then sloon actually helped move from topic *of* conversation to actually talking and contributing. I mean, from where I sit, that feels town. Could they be mafia sucking up? Sure. But why me?? Ya'll know I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. If it were mafia, I'd spend more time getting kate, or dh, or llama, or golden or literally anyone else's good graces than bea's.
What about the last part in sentence (2)?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:24 am Well, I have no aversion to giving reads during the night phase, and since there's a non-zero chance that I will be NKed, here's what I have to say about everybody still playing.

bea - No real reason to suspect her, but I inherently don't trust her and her cheerfulness feels a little more forced than what I'm used to. Entirely possible she is bad.

DFaraday - I will be pissed off if he is bad, because never participating and taking advantage of the town tendency not to lynch non-participants is a lame way to play.

DharmaHelper - He's either a good actor or a civilian. His response to almost being lynched yesterday felt real to me.

DrWilgy - I've been reading him as civ, but since he stopped licking people he's kind of disappeared, so I'm prepared to reevaluate.

Elohcin - I think she's good. Her day 1 posts were consistent with what I remember of her pattern of always getting suspected for things that turn out not to be baddie tells, but just the way she is.

G-Man - Again, more lucky than I like to see from him. He's on my radar.

Golden - is behaving more like a Civ than anyone else in the thread.

Kate - Genuinely angry, but that could be for a couple of reasons. I thought DH's point about her being the target of an NK was a good one, and it's possible she's mad she got caught.

thellama73 - Supatown.

Michelle - Not sure. Had her down as a civ fairly early, but it's been long enough that I need to reevaluate.

Quin - Bad, despite what Sloonei says.

Scotty - Participating like hell and being very useful. Either civilian or a very devious villain indeed.

sig - On my radar for being blend.

Sloonei - I feel good about Sloonei after the day 1 result and the nature of his contributions after that.

Vivax 2.0 - Behaving largely the same as before her substitution, which is good, and I had a town read on her predecessor.

Therefore, if I should die before I wake, look at Quin, Bea, Kate, G-Man, and Sig to be possible culprits.

I will not be very active for the rest of the night phase due to social obligations.
“Sloonei - I feel good about Sloonei after the day 1 result and the nature of his contributions after that.”

Q: what specifically about his end of day 1 did you like?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:37 am It wouldn't be classic mafia without at least four players saying they hate the game and want to quit! Ah, memories...
In modern mafia, they’d call that AtE (appeal to emotion) and is generally indicative of mafia play, even though I know that obviously not always the case.

Hell, Game 4 is named after that theme.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:43 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:59 am

If that was your intention, it didn’t come out like that to me. Here’s the quote:
“…if I am SK or Mafia I tend to dig my teeth into the game more than if I am CIV vis-a-vis mechanics and I also tend not to put my foot in my mouth and I also tend not to do anything to draw an unnecessary amount of attention to myself...”

Separated the thoughts by colors.

I’m no English major like Sloonei but can you not see how that would be confusing and not just me not reading your posts?
i can see how that would be confusing which is why i did my color post.

also if you remove the green portion of your interpretation and focus on the portion that is the same color you end up with "

“…if I am SK or Mafia I tend to dig my teeth into the game and I also tend not to put my foot in my mouth and I also tend not to do anything to draw an unnecessary amount of attention to myself...”

which is me saying as mafia/sk i -

1) dig my teeth into the game mechanics more
2) Tend NOT to put my foot in my mouth
3) tend to be more careful and blendy and don't grab attention

which is still the opposite of "“if I were bad, I’d just talk with wild abandon, which is what I’m currently doing”

surely you can see how that is confusing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

This is turning more into a semantics conversation than anything, which doesn’t interest me as much. Also players that float their tendencies as a particular alignment only make more suspicious because knowing your own meta can be used manipulatively, therefore meta is a waste of time to analyze.

But for the sake of Magic School Bus exploration, could you by chance just remind me of a game on here of which you were mafia? Just listing one or two games by name would be fine and I’ll find them

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

i guess i could do that if i cared to.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:17 pm i guess i could do that if i cared to.
It’s fine, I found some.

What does {3) tend to be more careful and blendy and don't grab attention} look like in practical terms?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:19 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:17 pm i guess i could do that if i cared to.
It’s fine, I found some.

What does {3) tend to be more careful and blendy and don't grab attention} look like in practical terms?
more agreeable and less aggressive.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:37 am It wouldn't be classic mafia without at least four players saying they hate the game and want to quit! Ah, memories...
:haha: thank you for making me laugh!!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ok

I found 2 games- one more recent and one older- where DH was mafia and skimmed through his posts, plus a few where he was town. What I noticed (and I generally think meta is BS but in terms of style, there can be distinct differences if the player themselves doesn’t clock them):
-DH tended to be more agreeable as mafia, as he said, as opposed to a flippant attitude and purposefully antagonistic. I’m seeing the latter in this game.
-He is a high poster as both alignments, but within that, his town posting sometimes comes off as bloated, whereas I feel his mafia posting had a slight edge of shruggy-ness, letting things roll of him. I’m seeing the former in this game.
-I didn’t see a ton, or even much at all, of mech solving as mafia (in the ones I read), which is counter to how he reads himself. I’m seeing at least partially more mech solving here than the games I read, so…not enough data.
-He posts detailed read lists as both alignments, so his narrative breakdown of every player on D1 this game is pretty NAI
-He was pretty fast and loose and quippy as town, and while he was mirroring that mostly in his mafia games, they seemed held back in comparison. I’m seeing a certain messiness and non-desire to hold back his feelings this game, which is getting people such as Kate and Golden worked up. He seemingly has no qualms in looking to save face or blend in this game.
-His mafia games tended to have an air of forced bolstering like “oh bummer, why is no one posting- come on guys! We need to live together or die alone” type shit. I’m definitely seeing more of a “y’all are being hammerheads, read my effing posts”, which is vastly different.

Til;dr: It’s a small sample size, but this DH seems rather different from the mafia games I reviewed. Can his meta be faked? Absolutely. It’s been a few years and he’s not bound by what he used to do. But this game so far seems to echo more characteristics of the couple town games I reviewed more than mafia.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »