Schiavetto
The Mark
Posts in topic: 241
Preferred Pronouns: any/all

Re: Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [DAY 1]

Post by Schiavetto »

Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:51 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:51 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:24 am If I see someone trying to push someone based on how awk they are I'm shutting that down because that's such a weak excuse and screams pushing LHF for no reason cause you can't think of a good excuse.

The only time someone can be pushed for being awk and its wolfy is if their meta is so polarizing that you can figure out if they're town or wolf based off like 10 posts and I doubt anyone fits that bill
Interesting white knighting here.

Do you have specific examples you've observed in this game, or is this just a blanket warning?
Going to do something I generally dislike & jump in on this comment directed toward someone else- i think "white knighting" has some pretty strong connotations and i think it's worth going into detail abt what exactly you're observing in Chelseas posts

like, what function do you think it's serving here
&like, what makes it interesting?

I don't think it's an outstanding observation. People think & speak differently, any observations on tone esp. w/rt alignment absolutely should be taken in the context of the player in question's body of played games/personality/whatever, otherwise you're just poking @ idiosyncracies & you'd do well to be a lot more specific than "awkward"

"white knighting" ime intimates agenda, in and out of this game, so like... specificity? please and thanks, especially given we just wrapped a game together
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

risiinq- wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:53 am i mean yeah sure

i just mean if u wanna ask me smth ask me and ig ill ask u if i see something
don't want to ask you anything atm, but ty for checking<3
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: snow

Post by risiinq- »

Inawordyes wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:26 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:23 pm I kind of think IAWY is town just for his push on falcon off of DZ
Inawordyes wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:00 pm
DeeZees wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:55 pm Yh falcon wolfy

- pop in
- joke vote
- turns joke vote real
- ghosts

Vibes of forced solving and fear of rvs

My two reads:
Nut v

Falcon w
You know what, I looked at his ISO and I agree

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine
What about it is townie? I gave no thoughts of my own, nor have I followed up on the topic since
Le petit poussin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:31 pm Cape, can you teply to Iawy pls?
petit is really towny for doing this
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

creature also decently towny imo
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

Oh this is absolutely karma that I've missed 15 pages of posts 💀
I'm at a party soon but I'll pop in when I can, and save the catchup for later. Hype though, this is gonna be fun!
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 84

Post by falcon45ca »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:24 am If I see someone trying to push someone based on how awk they are I'm shutting that down because that's such a weak excuse and screams pushing LHF for no reason cause you can't think of a good excuse.

The only time someone can be pushed for being awk and its wolfy is if their meta is so polarizing that you can figure out if they're town or wolf based off like 10 posts and I doubt anyone fits that bill

Do you have specific examples you've observed in this game, or is this just a blanket warning?
Going to do something I generally dislike & jump in on this comment directed toward someone else- i think "white knighting" has some pretty strong connotations and i think it's worth going into detail abt what exactly you're observing in Chelseas posts

Chelsea coming to the rescue of players for situations that haven't even happened....or at least, no examples given. It looks like a post a wolf might make to say "hey! I'm here to help town!" It's not game state related, and as I said there's no actual examples given of what she'll defend or is looking to prevent.

Just vaguery... "I'll help the awk town!"
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

i go sleep and do more tmr morning
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 214

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

I’m at a football party, barely slept and want to sleep again.

But I will play this after football
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:25 am

Chelsea coming to the rescue of players for situations that haven't even happened....or at least, no examples given. It looks like a post a wolf might make to say "hey! I'm here to help town!" It's not game state related, and as I said there's no actual examples given of what she'll defend or is looking to prevent.

God forbid town play preventatively
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:42 am Every single post nutella makes seems like "what's a post that looks surface level bad that I can push"
Lol you literally always wolfread me for just posting thoughts

Also @Chelsea you can click the little arrow in a quote to jump back to the post

Anyway you seem town. Would be nice if you notice my many posts that aren't "surface level pressure" but for one thing my schia read was not surface level as I explained it later and for another bouncing off things other people notice (like on creature) is just how i play as town and you should know that @Cape90 you too
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:33 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:31 am i'm actually still struggling to understand cape's logic behind "wolves don't have awkward openings reliably, for example when i was a wolf i had a wolfy opening and nobody called me out for it so i won"
I'm debating if Cape TMI'd Scia or not. Right now I lean: Other people will check in and tell me so not my problem. I still think Sabi and nutella are wolfier
Why sabi afaict this is the first time you mention them
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:36 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:25 am

God forbid town play preventatively
Meh, that's not how I read it. It's clear tho that you're taking things from what I've said that are not what I intend whatsoever.

And how do you know if Chelsea is town? Do you TR that slot? And why?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Search found 65 matches: awkward

Search found 5 matches: awk

Again, "coming to the rescue" feels pretty strong given what you're actually responding to.
YMMV on how much pushing there's been, but it's like def not a stretch to imagine town seeing the several posts in thread expressing some level of skepticism/wariness around awkwardness, anticipating the (bad) direction that might steer the phase in, and like, saying something abt it.

&like it's fine to speculate or even prioritize your concern over the opposite world, where that's just wolf fronting, but I don't think your remarks on her slot are nearly as grounded in the thread content as hers are, and I think her posts are a lot more grounded than your post suggests, even if she didn't go so far as to compile the examples upfront
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:49 am
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:42 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:41 pm Anyway I'll prob spend this night reading books I bought yesterday
Do you have no thoughts or comments to make
This really pinged me because before this it's mostly filler (and it's rvs so grain of salt) but after it's just this mass of content and it felt so timed because they were barely making comments and then said this about Creature ewwww
I do sorta agree with this but also my limited impression is it's exactly NAI for sabi. Like I(w) found them(v) a very easy fake push in the mash because they spammed a lot of non-content chat without really contributing takes themselves
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:52 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:49 am
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:42 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:41 pm Anyway I'll prob spend this night reading books I bought yesterday
Do you have no thoughts or comments to make
This really pinged me because before this it's mostly filler (and it's rvs so grain of salt) but after it's just this mass of content and it felt so timed because they were barely making comments and then said this about Creature ewwww
from my *extremely* limited experience with sabi they seem to be content averse beyond drive by reads anyways. Not convinced they wouldn't just do it hypocritically as a villager is whats giving me pause
Oops quas already said exactly the same thing gg
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:42 am Search found 65 matches: awkward

Again, "coming to the rescue" feels pretty strong given what you're actually responding to.
YMMV on how much pushing there's been, but it's like def not a stretch to imagine town seeing the several posts in thread expressing some level of skepticism/wariness around awkwardness, anticipating the (bad) direction that might steer the phase in, and like, saying something abt it.

&like it's fine to speculate or even prioritize your concern over the opposite world, where that's just wolf fronting, but I don't think your remarks on her slot are nearly as grounded in the thread content as hers are, and I think her posts are a lot more grounded than your post suggests, even if she didn't go so far as to compile the examples upfront
Searching & finding instances of the word awkward doesn't mean that players have been pushed for being awkward. For instance, we've now used the word several times & not been making pushes based off awkwardness of player interactions. In your opinion, are players this game actually being pushed because they are awkward?

Ya know, sometimes people create the problem, just so they can solve it.

I do feel you and I are getting slightly bogged down in minutiae, and I find that towny
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

True, but this implies you TR Chelsea. Do you? Why?
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:47 am

Searching & finding instances of the word awkward doesn't mean that players have been pushed for being awkward. For instance, we've now used the word several times & not been making pushes based off awkwardness of player interactions. In your opinion, are players this game actually being pushed because they are awkward?

I do feel you and I are getting slightly bogged down in minutiae, and I find that towny
My point is that the examples are there if you want to find them.
I addressed the bit abt differences in perceived strength of the word "push" - regardless of intensity/follow-through it's not hard to imagine how someone might get there.
Bold from you is wolfy, handwaves stated issues w/ your progression but concedes a TR
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

it's like, negging
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

This is Strawhenge to the thread: Good morning, I'm back. Oh wait I forgot my tea. Hold on.

Okay, I have my tea, it's delicious; I've washed my face; I've moisturized; I have my hat on backwards, and I'm ready to party. I'm working on some ISOs for the players I mentioned earlier, but in the meantime can someone remind me what 'mash' is in reference to?
Literally just some fucking guy.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:36 am BTW I’m Kate Bush and 3P
...we just ignoring this or
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:55 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:47 am

My point is that the examples are there if you want to find them.
I addressed the bit abt differences in perceived strength of the word "push" - regardless of intensity/follow-through it's not hard to imagine how someone might get there.
Bold from you is wolfy, handwaves stated issues w/ your progression but concedes a TR
I've just played enough Maf to know that even tho I can disagree w/ takes, reads, what have you's between players, there's things to look for in the differences between a T/T and W/T disagreement.

There's a strong chance you'll find that wolfy too I'd wager
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Schia can be town now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:49 am

True, but this implies you TR Chelsea. Do you? Why?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:58 am
siren.gif

I'm rusty on my mafia role lore; are there third-parties that aren't anti-town? Why would Colin just come out and claim third-party?

unless it's lingo and he's saying 'threep' aka 'threap' which means 'to scold; chide'
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:58 am This is Strawhenge to the thread: Good morning, I'm back. Oh wait I forgot my tea. Hold on.

Okay, I have my tea, it's delicious; I've washed my face; I've moisturized; I have my hat on backwards, and I'm ready to party. I'm working on some ISOs for the players I mentioned earlier, but in the meantime can someone remind me what 'mash' is in reference to?
hiiiii, still developing an opinion on your slot but i want to say atvl that your posts are fun to read

This is the mash in question, wrapped just a couple days ago: [x]

Here are two others, on the house: [x], [x]
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:04 pm
siren.gif

I'm rusty on my mafia role lore; are there third-parties that aren't anti-town? Why would Colin just come out and claim third-party?

unless it's lingo and he's saying 'threep' aka 'threap' which means 'to scold; chide'
in some communities it's standard for 3rd party/survivors/etc to claim early as like, sign of good will/intent to townside yadda yadda
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Are you running up the hills to say that?

Anyway what is your wincon if you're 3p and what was your intentions of posting this?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:19 am Oh this is absolutely karma that I've missed 15 pages of posts 💀
I'm at a party soon but I'll pop in when I can, and save the catchup for later. Hype though, this is gonna be fun!
WINDWARD!!!!

Whenever you catch up I would love to know your thots.

Also hopefully you are town.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I get why yall think my questions are just Filler but it's not for me.

If you look at my fluff close enough you can see my takes/opinions hidden in it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I have some Concerns about cape that are maybe too complicated to make sense, gonna try to type something up when I get on computer
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:08 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:04 pm
siren.gif

in some communities it's standard for 3rd party/survivors/etc to claim early as like, sign of good will/intent to townside yadda yadda
I'm trying to remember if this was something often done here in Colin's time
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I do find it dz catch up pretty shallow and he's still very much in his wolf range.

The fact he won't be around for 24 hours doesn't help either because I want to pressure him.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

ISO: @Creature

1. The Rando Votes. Creature's first post in the game was to vote nutella. At this point Nutella has only posted once, so this is obviously a random vote move on the part of Creature. Random votes right out of the gate are null. But then Creature re-votes for Raskolnikov. Again in rando-vote fashion: with no explanation. However in context it's noteworthy that this revote comes three minutes after votes Creature, and a little less than an hour after hollowkatt rando-votes Raskolnikov. The timing of that feels very off to me, like Creature could be trying to look like a fun-lovin freewheelin towny makin joke votes, but not the kind of joke votes that could spark conversation.

2. Defensiveness. Creature's first game-related comment is 'Oh well shit', in response to Sabi pointing out that people scumread Creature (and Falcon) for popping in and dipping out. After another indifference post (I'll get to that in the next item), Sabi prods Creature for comment and he says '[...] Pushing falcon and me for dipping off is a pretty lazy thing to do and strikes as wolf scared to make enemies active in-thread.'. It's not as hollow as a straight-up parroting, but it does echo Sabi's post that basically points out the same fallacy. To me, this reads as a little too defensive for something that had already been shot down as angel-shooting (if I'm using the term correctly).

3. Indifference. I already said as much, but I'm not loving the, 'idk you're all boring me' approach. I've already been informed that this is just Creature Creaturing, but my scumdar pings with the lowkey aggro aloofness approach. I just can't get into the mindset of being town and telling my potential teammates this without contributing anything myself. He later claims that he's going to '[...] prob spend this night reading books [...]', reinforcing his outward boredom with this game. Two minutes later he says, 'You all got no thoughts on players who have been actually posting?' This is on Page 7 of the thread, at which point there has been plenty of discussion about players who have actually posted. What's most noteworthy here is that these indifference posts are interlaced with the defensive posts I mentioned in the previous item. The 'Oh well shit' at the angel shooting, then indifference, then 'nobody's talking about anything', then responding to Sabi by basically telling them what they had already said. The combination of items 2 and 3 are scummy to me.

3.1. Following his indifference, it's interesting that he attacked me for, 'complaining about the thread being active.' This, from the guy who said, 'idk you're all boring me' and saying he was going to go read.

4. I don't know what to make of this with regards to alignment, but this is interesting. Creature says hi to pyxxy, and asks, 'Got something?' As of the time of writing, pyxxy has yet to post in the game. Pyxxy isn't @'ed in the post either. Did Creature see that pyxxy was online? I can't put my finger on it, but this is odd to me.

5. This little read list pings my scumdar a little. I'll reiterate that I have no experience with Creature, so this might be his style, but saying one player (Le pitit) feels 'awkward', another player (IAWY) feels 'weird', and '[not knowing] what to make out of nutella' feels like a very soft and unengaged post—especially in context with the rest of his posts. Then he walks back his thought on IAWY in a similar fasion, then casts a for Valentine.
--
TL;DR: Creature's clash of indifference and defensiveness is pinging me to lean scum. I'm open to hearing others' thoughts on this, as a lot of you have more experience with Creature than I.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Addendum: I only just now realized that Raskol = Le petit.
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t
Posts in topic: 141
Aka: Raskolnikov, Volfoni

Post by Le petit poussin »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:43 pm guillo, rask, iawy, sabi, among others are giving me good vibes at the moment
why Iawy and sabi? (like guillo seems in his town range to me, but sabi wasn't particularly as of this post, and Iawy's push on pixxy was lol, so what did u see?)

I will catch up in like 6 hours or so (friendos at home rn), but I saw this so @hollowkatt.

[unvote]Deezees[/unvote]
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t
Posts in topic: 141
Aka: Raskolnikov, Volfoni

Post by Le petit poussin »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:34 pm Addendum: I only just now realized that Raskol = Le petit.
I'll add all my nicks/alts in the profile soon so you don't get confused. (Iirc I've played with a good third of this lobby already)
Chelsea
The Mark
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Chelsea »

I don't think I'm white-knighting anyone here, where exactly did that come from? At the time, I remember some dude called out being awk again and after seeing it at least three times, I started getting fed up with the comment because I feel that's a horrible base for any sort of read as I stated.

It also does serve as a blanket statement although do I really think we're going to push "X" because they're super awk? From the looks of it we're past it so hopefully not.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

@rask I think I have only played with you when you have been mafia, no? The only game I can remember is the one that Logic hosted who's game name is escaping me atm.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Okay so.

Cape is a very strong player. Here he has looked quite solid, giving reads on a wide range of players with some amount of depth and originality. I don't think that's out of his wolf range by any means.

I of course did not like how he jumped on Chelsea's push of me. I don't recall him giving any take on me prior, correct me if I missed it, but it felt like he tagged along with Chelsea pointing out that I had weak pushes early on. I protest that they were any weaker than is warranted in the first few pages of the game but I also protest that Cape cared about this read at all. He didn't follow up with a vote despite it landing me on the bottom of his reads list in 674, with a very noncommittal handwave of my early DZ read (not one of the ones Chelsea cared about afaik, so at least he's contributing something new but it feels forced especially since that was pretty inconsequential first-page stuff). He is self-aware of his hedginess and I actually kind of like that when it appears in his posts. I can relate.

But I particularly found IAWY's placement in that same readlist peculiar as the description sounded almost on the same level as the one of me.
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:21 am Inawordyes - Someone who I consider to be towny sometimes. Like on #335 with Valentine and him asking about Valentine's read on IAWY. Perhaps overexplainy on something I wouldn't exactly consider AI. Like now with IAWY versus falcon, things took an unexpected personal turn I guess, one that I would never really find alignment indicative. #411 This read on DZ is pretty underwhelming.
Like yes he says "towny sometimes" while the only positive in my blurb is that he "liked the bluntness" but this really goes nowhere. He goes on to state that several things from IAWY are either NAI or underwhelming. Which has about the same level of neutrality as most of the blurb about me except that he was able to latch onto Chelsea's push.

And spoiler alert, I have not felt good about IAWY either.

Rereading the list most of the other placements make sense but this felt so arbitrary to me. If Cape is mafia and knows I'm not, he knows that I'm usually not a very easy push, but the Chelsea pressure may have opened the door to me being a feasible target.

However the primary thought in my head is actually not the idea that Cape/IAWY are w/w. It's actually that Cape is 3P. Cape may very well actually think I am mafia if so. This is a very egotistical part of the read but it's what led me there -- as mafia he'd be less likely to pressure me, because given my meta/reputation if he knows I'm not mafia I am likely to post myself clear. And he brought up 3P factions which is classically >rand 3p lol. I would generally rather hunt mafia primarily over 3p but with 3 of them I don't think we should gloss over their existence.

Maybe this thoughtdump is all nothing and he's town and I'm hedging on that way more in my head but I wanted to get this out there. The IAWY part is kind of a separate thing I tagged on because I haven't loved his thread position and it could fit. I think both Cape and IAWY are getting townreads for simply writing a lot of words and I want to push back on that.

I don't expect this post to be very popular, I don't have a strong conclusion, he could just be town and this is all spitballing. But fuck it I'm hitting post.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I need to go run some errands so yall can chew on that and tear it apart as much as you want (I will be checking in from transit a bit) but gonna try and do a full playerlist rough-sort before I head out
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:38 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:42 am Every single post nutella makes seems like "what's a post that looks surface level bad that I can push"
Lol you literally always wolfread me for just posting thoughts

Also @Chelsea you can click the little arrow in a quote to jump back to the post

Anyway you seem town. Would be nice if you notice my many posts that aren't "surface level pressure" but for one thing my schia read was not surface level as I explained it later and for another bouncing off things other people notice (like on creature) is just how i play as town and you should know that @Cape90 you too
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:33 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:31 am i'm actually still struggling to understand cape's logic behind "wolves don't have awkward openings reliably, for example when i was a wolf i had a wolfy opening and nobody called me out for it so i won"
I'm debating if Cape TMI'd Scia or not. Right now I lean: Other people will check in and tell me so not my problem. I still think Sabi and nutella are wolfier
Why sabi afaict this is the first time you mention them
You're a god send.

I can admit that I tend to wolfread you more often then not, but the most you're talking about being bad don't really seen that impactful or bad if you take like, just a few seconds to think it over IMO and you've played enough to see surface level stuff.

Explained Sabi later if you need more lmk
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

I'll read your Cape case after work woo
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:55 pm but the most you're talking about being bad don't really seen that impactful or bad if you take like, just a few seconds to think it over IMO and you've played enough to see surface level stuff.
Like what i don't get is you are referring to things that happened in the first few pages of the game, of course they are all relatively weak and I've moved past most of them atp.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:41 pm

I don't think I'm white-knighting anyone here, where exactly did that come from? At the time, I remember some dude called out being awk again and after seeing it at least three times, I started getting fed up with the comment because I feel that's a horrible base for any sort of read as I stated.

It also does serve as a blanket statement although do I really think we're going to push "X" because they're super awk? From the looks of it we're past it so hopefully not.
Did you "shut it down"? I mean, it doesn't even seem like you remember the player it was happening too...did you step in and call an end to the push based off awkwardness?
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:58 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:55 pm but the most you're talking about being bad don't really seen that impactful or bad if you take like, just a few seconds to think it over IMO and you've played enough to see surface level stuff.
Like what i don't get is you are referring to things that happened in the first few pages of the game, of course they are all relatively weak and I've moved past most of them atp.
How do I explain this.

It's more, the posts you were talking about in question to me, do not feel wolfy, and while disagreement on reads are fine. It felt like you just saw things that were surface-level weak posts and started to push them. Of course, yes you've moved on but I don't think it takes a genius to know that wasn't exactly gonna go anywhere. Of course, you could've been pushing them just for the sake of it but considering you didn't say that I doubt it's the case.

I'm still iffy on Cape (I generally townread them based on effort alone ngl and there posts feel good but the Scia thing is weird) and it feels like yall aren't together and since you just cased him? I'm willing to look it over.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Town pile
Chelsea
DeeZees
falcon45ca
LordQuas
risiinq-
Schiavetto
Strawhenge
Valentine

Nullish
hollowkatt
IBA
Le petit poussin
Mungbean
pyxxy
Sabiplz
TheFloyd73
WindwardAway

3P??
ColinIsCool
Guillotine (kinda a joke bc he was my prerand 3p guess but also he has nothing really going for him either way so sure)
(Cape90?)

I Have Concerns
Cape90
Creature
DaughterOfOmega
Inawordyes
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

How do people write so many words about a read
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:00 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:41 pm

Did you "shut it down"? I mean, it doesn't even seem like you remember the player it was happening too...did you step in and call an end to the push based off awkwardness?
I remember seeing multiple people talk about it in my catchup and then when it happened in real time I rolled my eyes and made the post. Honestly, it's just that simple. I don't think me remembering the exact details is important what so ever to the conversation at hand.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

It would seem there's some confusion on what I mean/meant by "white knighting":

White Knighting is when an individual inserts themselves into a situation with the sole purpose of making themselves look good.

I do feel Chelsea did this, and I don't think it's particularly towny.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”