Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [MAFIA WIN]

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 84

Re: Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [DAY 1]

Post by falcon45ca »

23 player game folks, I don't think the posting is out of control by a long shot.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
IBA
The Mark
Posts in topic: 315
Preferred Pronouns: They/them although he/him is fine tbh
Aka: Jack

Post by IBA »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:40 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:38 pm This is entirely too many posts for this thread to have at this point
How many were you expecting?
idk a couple hundred? Nothing has happened and it hasn't even been 24 hours, there's no reason for the average post per player to be in the double digits at this point
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:31 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm Cape is a very strong player. Here he has looked quite solid, giving reads on a wide range of players with some amount of depth and originality. I don't think that's out of his wolf range by any means.
Probably correct, though I consider myself better at playing town then mafia, and this is coming from someone who got voted out 2 times day 1 in my last 2 Syndicate games as town, while I curbstomped everyone while I was mafia somehow.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm I of course did not like how he jumped on Chelsea's push of me. I don't recall him giving any take on me prior, correct me if I missed it, but it felt like he tagged along with Chelsea pointing out that I had weak pushes early on
1. Incorrect, I gave this very questionable read about you
Cape90 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:27 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:16 pm
DeeZees wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:15 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:13 pm just only off topic chat. it kinda comes from a time when people weren't like always hanging out in a discord together and mafia games were the primary site of social interaction
Thats quite nice i guess.

Must have made for some. ..... nutty....moments
[VOTE: deez] aubergine
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:19 pm
LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:17 pm oh DeeZees is Dr Zeus? dude what happened you used to be funny
he randed mafia
DZ might be right in saying this is a decent look

At least not mafia
Like I made the post about you voting DZ over a pun in RVS like come on.

2. I really don't think it's that hard too see but with reads like #114, #170, #199 (in fact the whole Creature push felt like pocketing Sabi's read). And then there is #339 which just feels like pocketing risinnq now? A lot of these things stuck out to me in terms of you, and to me, I would figure a better player would bring up better arguments to why people are mafia. I get wanting momentum and stuff out of RVS, it's just never my preferred approach in doing so, it feels like pushing LHF for the sake of it which I wouldn't expect a player of your or Quas' caliber to do. Also Quas has the whole thing of being very different to his mash self this game.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm He didn't follow up with a vote despite it landing me on the bottom of his reads list in 674, with a very noncommittal handwave of my early DZ read (not one of the ones Chelsea cared about afaik, so at least he's contributing something new but it feels forced especially since that was pretty inconsequential first-page stuff). He is self-aware of his hedginess and I actually kind of like that when it appears in his posts. I can relate.
I just started looking a lot elsewhere, also I wanted to write that readslist at the same time I also really wanted to sleep, so that sure didn't help me go into great detail on everyone, you can tell the first one I did was risinnq-.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm But I particularly found IAWY's placement in that same readlist peculiar as the description sounded almost on the same level as the one of me.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm Like yes he says "towny sometimes" while the only positive in my blurb is that he "liked the bluntness" but this really goes nowhere. He goes on to state that several things from IAWY are either NAI or underwhelming. Which has about the same level of neutrality as most of the blurb about me except that he was able to latch onto Chelsea's push.
The use of "sometimes" was a good hint I was getting tired and didn't wanna actually detail the read. The missing puzzle piece here that distinguishes my read on you versus my read on IAWY was me kind of liking the over-explanation on his falcon vote as opposed to everyone else and I just didn't state it because I had already mentioned that and didn't feel the need to repeat (though it probably would have been good too repeat because stand alone it's confusing).
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm Rereading the list most of the other placements make sense but this felt so arbitrary to me. If Cape is mafia and knows I'm not, he knows that I'm usually not a very easy push, but the Chelsea pressure may have opened the door to me being a feasible target.
I will just say this, if you are mafia nutella, you just spewed Chelsea as town after you flip.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm However the primary thought in my head is actually not the idea that Cape/IAWY are w/w. It's actually that Cape is 3P. Cape may very well actually think I am mafia if so. This is a very egotistical part of the read but it's what led me there -- as mafia he'd be less likely to pressure me, because given my meta/reputation if he knows I'm not mafia I am likely to post myself clear. And he brought up 3P factions which is classically >rand 3p lol. I would generally rather hunt mafia primarily over 3p but with 3 of them I don't think we should gloss over their existence.
Counterpoint, the town game I immediately brought up SK on

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?t=2426

I suppose you can counter counter point that and say I literally said this because originally I flipped mafia and had this thought as mafia as I was reading setup, but the game got reranded. OFC I didn't say this as the game was going on cuz duh, but I did get suspicion for that.
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:23 am
Strawhenge wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:30 pm 2. sirengif © me 2014. Hey @Cape90 what makes you think there are three third parties?
Read the first post of the game, there lies your answers.

I noticed it because I was looking for what time the game even starts, reread the thing about 20 times before actually seeing it since it was implied at the bottom
This is my explanation for why I noticed this in this game. I am assuming because of this, there are benign 3p which makes me not want to kill Colin for instance.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm Maybe this thoughtdump is all nothing and he's town and I'm hedging on that way more in my head but I wanted to get this out there. The IAWY part is kind of a separate thing I tagged on because I haven't loved his thread position and it could fit. I think both Cape and IAWY are getting townreads for simply writing a lot of words and I want to push back on that.

I don't expect this post to be very popular, I don't have a strong conclusion, he could just be town and this is all spitballing. But fuck it I'm hitting post.
I am town, but I think it's stupid to think that a game solving post being posted would be for nothing. But this is my answer to your post so.

Also to be fair to you, towny post.
This whole thing feels procedurally generated.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:22 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:26 pm D1 feelings so far, about half way through the phase:

groups ordered alphabetically

no idea:
Chelsea
ColinIsCool
DaughterOfOmega
IBA
Le petit poussin
Mungbean (tasty food tho)
TheFloyd73
WindwardAway

---

strong town:

good vibes:
Cape90
hollowkatt
nutella (also tasty)
risiinq-
Schiavetto
Strawhenge

unsure:
DeeZees
falcon45ca
Guillotine
LordQuas
Sabiplz
Valentine

bad vibes:
Creature
Inawordyes
pyxxy (is where I would put myself rn)

hooting and hollering:

---

Fyi I'm moving this weekend but I'm still registered as a resident of lurk city so please expect my behavior to continue 👍 ty and hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.

I said, "Better late than never / Just don't make me wait forever"
Are we finally town together in a game after so many months?
Not the greatest feeling ever
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:54 pm cape is obvs town btw
hm
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:26 pm D1 feelings so far, about half way through the phase:

groups ordered alphabetically

no idea:
Chelsea
ColinIsCool
DaughterOfOmega
IBA
Le petit poussin
Mungbean (tasty food tho)
TheFloyd73
WindwardAway

---

strong town:

good vibes:
Cape90
hollowkatt
nutella (also tasty)
risiinq-
Schiavetto
Strawhenge

unsure:
DeeZees
falcon45ca
Guillotine
LordQuas
Sabiplz
Valentine

bad vibes:
Creature
Inawordyes
pyxxy (is where I would put myself rn)

hooting and hollering:

---

Fyi I'm moving this weekend but I'm still registered as a resident of lurk city so please expect my behavior to continue 👍 ty and hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.

I said, "Better late than never / Just don't make me wait forever"
Pretty unusual to put yourself in bad vibes tier lol. It's honest self awareness but maybe too honest?

However @TheFloyd73 will surely be pocketed by your lyric selection. ;)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Hey @hollowkatt should I go back and read from page one or just glide here? I got a couple irons in the fire already and don't want to waste my time if it's just a lot of noise.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:42 pm [ed note: entire post sequence removed here for comedic reasons]
[/quote]

procedurally generated like minecraft on release or procedurally generated like no man's sky on release?

Is this what you want, is this who you are?
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:39 pm iawy - comfortably in the uncomfortable town zone and by that I mean when iawy is semi-struggling to get into the thread and dig up meat he's more likely than not to be town. I also like the angles he's approaching things with even if I don't agree with them as I feel like it shows a depth of concern over the game that he wouldn't otherwise show.
Now this is a peculiar read I don't usually see. Usually I find that wolves struggle to fit into to the thread in some way. Do you think IAWY struggles less as wolf to get into the thread?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Valentine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:32 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:17 pm
Valentine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:57 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:40 pm How is daughter omega town? Can you explain that read.
i don't really get the sense daughter... has a lot of stake in what happens? like it's early on but she's just posting and living her best life. there's no urgency to establish herself
How is not posting any thoughts about the game towny tho? I would assume the lack of stake is wolf motivated.

I am not getting how any of this is legitimate read
daughter's posted a few but they're peppered in.

i'm ... kind of confused how you don't think this is legitimate because the logic feels apparent to me? wolf need to control gamestate to push lims. if person not exerting tons of pressure, and they're not like, prone to completely freezing/inept at posting as wolf, is more likely to be town.

like i don't even feel like it's coasting because daughter is being more blatant about it. "when will i post game related post." is the motivation as a wolf saying something like that to just be... a cheeky, aloof wolf? it doesn't really sit with me as something i believe in.
I get this view, but still seems like it should be a weak read
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:54 pm cape is obvs town btw
polarized as always
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:41 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:40 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:38 pm This is entirely too many posts for this thread to have at this point
How many were you expecting?
idk a couple hundred? Nothing has happened and it hasn't even been 24 hours, there's no reason for the average post per player to be in the double digits at this point
Wait... What
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:58 am valentine seems like the player that's hard to impossible to read off of tone alone unless you have suitable experience with them. may sound wolfy but i would expect they always talk like this
I dont get how you arrive to this conclusion if you’ve never played with Valentine before.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

@pyxxy what exactly is giving you trouble with finding me?
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: Le petit pousse] aubergine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

What even happened?
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 96

Post by hollowkatt »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:28 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:13 am
Guillotine wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:53 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:33 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:18 pm
risiinq- wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:32 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:31 pm

[VOTE: Guillotina] aubergine

No chance you believe this read :haha:
do u think the read itself is ridiculous or guillo making this read is ridiculous??

cuz ive seen guillo do this a ton
Guillo finding hidden meaning in seemingly simple things is nothing new. But this seemed a tad overboard. Plus this marked Guillo's first bit of content this game and I just do not see the fire right now
I've said this before and I'll say it again: Guillo without fire is wolf guillo.
Wolf guillo wants to cause chaos and get his pack deeper but he doesn't want to get drawn into knock down fights. Town guillo otoh plays a much more freestyle and "aggro-adjacent" game that gets under peoples skin and makes them do weird things to counter him.

That's the best way I've found to catch wolf guillo. Look for controlled chaos and pushes that seem feisty but lack the underlying fire
You know me too well.
We spend a lot of time in and out of games together. You also know me well.
Hmmm yeah and yet Im never confident in reading you correctly though, i dont think ive ever have. You are very good at faking town tone as scum and ive fallen for it a few times. I think the best way to find you is how your scum buddies treat you or the lack of trestment.
I think the last time we played as differing alignments you said something like "I am never town reading you again"
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 96

Post by hollowkatt »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:44 pm Hey @hollowkatt should I go back and read from page one or just glide here? I got a couple irons in the fire already and don't want to waste my time if it's just a lot of noise.
my play lately has been a lot of "current page" and not really caring what's come before and then asking specific questions if I need/want clarification and that seems to be working out alright
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:10 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:51 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:31 pm 3.1. Following his indifference, it's interesting that he attacked me for, 'complaining about the thread being active.' This, from the guy who said, 'idk you're all boring me' and saying he was going to go read.
To be fair, slightly scummy on your end.
How? There were 7 pages in two hours of the game being open, and it's scummy to comment on that? I wasn't even complaining; it was just a whoa.
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:51 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:31 pm 4. I don't know what to make of this with regards to alignment, but this is interesting. Creature says hi to pyxxy, and asks, 'Got something?' As of the time of writing, pyxxy has yet to post in the game. Pyxxy isn't @'ed in the post either. Did Creature see that pyxxy was online? I can't put my finger on it, but this is odd to me.
Just to answer your question, yes, this was literally discussed multiple times and I am surprised with how much digging around you did for point 1 that you failed to see this.
Just a peek behind the curtain: I tend to write these lists more-or-less as I read ISOs in chronological order. And as far as I saw, pyxxy's online status was discussed multiple times with regards to IAWY, not Creature. My point was that Creature did this after the discussion about angel-shooting.
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:51 pm Let's back up to a post between the reads list as you call it, and the vote on Valentine. Creature asks Sabi about what they thought of le petit/Valentine. Sabi responds with saying they aren't a fan of le petit making reads off rvs fluff and they are giving Valentine time til mid day 1. But this might not have been enough to rock the boat. This is where falcon comes in. Falcon makes these two posts right before Creature votes off Valentine before any of the other people that Creature has audibly voiced suspicion on.
I'm missing your point here.
1. Commenting on how many posts there are is sort of a lazy mafia trait. You have shown that you are pretty much the opposite of lazy with your posts though.

2. I didn't notice this was all after that discussion on that subject

3. The point is I was trying to logic out why Creature was on Valentine over his more voiced suspicions. I pointed out the context clues in my post to show that it could have not came out of nowhere like you seemed to suggest with your post.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Those wagons are uninspiring so far.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:51 pm3. The point is I was trying to logic out why Creature was on Valentine over his more voiced suspicions. I pointed out the context clues in my post to show that it could have not came out of nowhere like you seemed to suggest with your post.
I kinda agreed with falcon on her.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

You know this game has over 20 players right?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Oh I just found this lmao
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

See, now, that's a complaint.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Anyway, Creature, since you seem so bored again, I'll try to excite you.

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:55 pm See, now, that's a complaint.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:55 pm Anyway, Creature, since you seem so bored again, I'll try to excite you.

That usually has the opposite effect. Try wagoning an actual wolf.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:57 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:55 pm Anyway, Creature, since you seem so bored again, I'll try to excite you.

Convince me that I'm not.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Valentine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:10 am i guess it's like probably never lordquas/cape if only because i don't think when you vote a partner you do it without the reasoning like, explicitly attached because you wanna farm maximum credit
Valentine, how long you’ve been playing Mafia?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:57 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:57 pm

Convince me that I'm not.
Meh I can't today
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:42 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm Cape is a very strong player. Here he has looked quite solid, giving reads on a wide range of players with some amount of depth and originality. I don't think that's out of his wolf range by any means.
Probably correct, though I consider myself better at playing town then mafia, and this is coming from someone who got voted out 2 times day 1 in my last 2 Syndicate games as town, while I curbstomped everyone while I was mafia somehow.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm I of course did not like how he jumped on Chelsea's push of me. I don't recall him giving any take on me prior, correct me if I missed it, but it felt like he tagged along with Chelsea pointing out that I had weak pushes early on
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:13 pm just only off topic chat. it kinda comes from a time when people weren't like always hanging out in a discord together and mafia games were the primary site of social interaction

LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:17 pm oh DeeZees is Dr Zeus? dude what happened you used to be funny
he randed mafia

At least not mafia

2. I really don't think it's that hard too see but with reads like #114, #170, #199 (in fact the whole Creature push felt like pocketing Sabi's read). And then there is #339 which just feels like pocketing risinnq now? A lot of these things stuck out to me in terms of you, and to me, I would figure a better player would bring up better arguments to why people are mafia. I get wanting momentum and stuff out of RVS, it's just never my preferred approach in doing so, it feels like pushing LHF for the sake of it which I wouldn't expect a player of your or Quas' caliber to do. Also Quas has the whole thing of being very different to his mash self this game.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm He didn't follow up with a vote despite it landing me on the bottom of his reads list in 674, with a very noncommittal handwave of my early DZ read (not one of the ones Chelsea cared about afaik, so at least he's contributing something new but it feels forced especially since that was pretty inconsequential first-page stuff). He is self-aware of his hedginess and I actually kind of like that when it appears in his posts. I can relate.
I just started looking a lot elsewhere, also I wanted to write that readslist at the same time I also really wanted to sleep, so that sure didn't help me go into great detail on everyone, you can tell the first one I did was risinnq-.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm But I particularly found IAWY's placement in that same readlist peculiar as the description sounded almost on the same level as the one of me.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm Like yes he says "towny sometimes" while the only positive in my blurb is that he "liked the bluntness" but this really goes nowhere. He goes on to state that several things from IAWY are either NAI or underwhelming. Which has about the same level of neutrality as most of the blurb about me except that he was able to latch onto Chelsea's push.
The use of "sometimes" was a good hint I was getting tired and didn't wanna actually detail the read. The missing puzzle piece here that distinguishes my read on you versus my read on IAWY was me kind of liking the over-explanation on his falcon vote as opposed to everyone else and I just didn't state it because I had already mentioned that and didn't feel the need to repeat (though it probably would have been good too repeat because stand alone it's confusing).
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm Rereading the list most of the other placements make sense but this felt so arbitrary to me. If Cape is mafia and knows I'm not, he knows that I'm usually not a very easy push, but the Chelsea pressure may have opened the door to me being a feasible target.
I will just say this, if you are mafia nutella, you just spewed Chelsea as town after you flip.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm However the primary thought in my head is actually not the idea that Cape/IAWY are w/w. It's actually that Cape is 3P. Cape may very well actually think I am mafia if so. This is a very egotistical part of the read but it's what led me there -- as mafia he'd be less likely to pressure me, because given my meta/reputation if he knows I'm not mafia I am likely to post myself clear. And he brought up 3P factions which is classically >rand 3p lol. I would generally rather hunt mafia primarily over 3p but with 3 of them I don't think we should gloss over their existence.

I suppose you can counter counter point that and say I literally said this because originally I flipped mafia and had this thought as mafia as I was reading setup, but the game got reranded. OFC I didn't say this as the game was going on cuz duh, but I did get suspicion for that.
Strawhenge wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:30 pm 2. sirengif © me 2014. Hey @Cape90 what makes you think there are three third parties?

I noticed it because I was looking for what time the game even starts, reread the thing about 20 times before actually seeing it since it was implied at the bottom
This is my explanation for why I noticed this in this game. I am assuming because of this, there are benign 3p which makes me not want to kill Colin for instance.
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm Maybe this thoughtdump is all nothing and he's town and I'm hedging on that way more in my head but I wanted to get this out there. The IAWY part is kind of a separate thing I tagged on because I haven't loved his thread position and it could fit. I think both Cape and IAWY are getting townreads for simply writing a lot of words and I want to push back on that.

I don't expect this post to be very popular, I don't have a strong conclusion, he could just be town and this is all spitballing. But fuck it I'm hitting post.
I am town, but I think it's stupid to think that a game solving post being posted would be for nothing. But this is my answer to your post so.

I have had this said about my posts before. I type a bunch of words sometimes.

I just cannot think of anything other then

in the future entertainment will be randomly generated

every time i hear this
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:20 am
Valentine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:09 am
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:35 am I like Strawhedge's #464 post, even if I think the reasonings behind like their Valentine suspicion and IAWY suspicion are pretty funny reasons for scumreading someone. No idea if it's normal for them but I know it's normal for some people. But the post does show a level of thinking independantly

[VOTE: LordQuas] aubergine

For now, I just liked Guillo's response to me in #461, it is like Okay now I believe that Guillo believes what they are saying. The lack of further shade from Guillo, or the lack of Guillo shading me for it and instead explaining his POV to me is something that does ping me as a little un-Guillotina like, like I expected a loud OMGUS but whatever.
this post feels weird in retrospect

like i know the lordquas reasoning precedes this post but it feels like. weirdly shoehorned in between two reads that are like there to placate people yk. "yeah i like you two" and then boop sly vote. like the... presentation of it feels a little ?

and i think i'm offput because the general vibe i get from cape90 while skimming is that cape is erring towards townreading people or at the very least unwilling to really push down further than "could be town, could be mafia" anywhere. he feels very... gentle with his approach i guess.
So because you cannot simply unvote I do not think, I wanted to get off Guillotina for now, so I did and voted Quas, and in the post I explain why I unvoted Guillotina.

You could call the approach I took, specifically with Guillotina careful. But tbh, it is one of the better approaches to take with them
Alright Cape90 is town.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Schiavetto
The Mark
Posts in topic: 241
Preferred Pronouns: any/all

Post by Schiavetto »

quick stop&jot

-feel decent abt nut, chels, quas, straw
-would be fine w/ snow, petit (Rask? Raskol???? i guess?????) chops for the time being
-have liked some cape but have felt variously sympathetic to some Less Enthused attitudes toward slot so eh
-conversation around pagecount/threadvolume is blegh
-every daughter post makes me groan, someone w/ an alignment read on them ping me & Help Me To See one way or the other maybe
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:02 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:20 am
Valentine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:09 am
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:35 am I like Strawhedge's #464 post, even if I think the reasonings behind like their Valentine suspicion and IAWY suspicion are pretty funny reasons for scumreading someone. No idea if it's normal for them but I know it's normal for some people. But the post does show a level of thinking independantly

[VOTE: LordQuas] aubergine

For now, I just liked Guillo's response to me in #461, it is like Okay now I believe that Guillo believes what they are saying. The lack of further shade from Guillo, or the lack of Guillo shading me for it and instead explaining his POV to me is something that does ping me as a little un-Guillotina like, like I expected a loud OMGUS but whatever.
this post feels weird in retrospect

like i know the lordquas reasoning precedes this post but it feels like. weirdly shoehorned in between two reads that are like there to placate people yk. "yeah i like you two" and then boop sly vote. like the... presentation of it feels a little ?

and i think i'm offput because the general vibe i get from cape90 while skimming is that cape is erring towards townreading people or at the very least unwilling to really push down further than "could be town, could be mafia" anywhere. he feels very... gentle with his approach i guess.
So because you cannot simply unvote I do not think, I wanted to get off Guillotina for now, so I did and voted Quas, and in the post I explain why I unvoted Guillotina.

You could call the approach I took, specifically with Guillotina careful. But tbh, it is one of the better approaches to take with them
Alright Cape90 is town.
it goes it goes it goes it goes
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:52 pm Those wagons are uninspiring so far.
kinda feel this
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:02 pm quick stop&jot

-would be fine w/ snow, petit (Rask? Raskol???? i guess?????) chops for the time being
-have liked some cape but have felt variously sympathetic to some Less Enthused attitudes toward slot so eh
-every daughter post makes me groan, someone w/ an alignment read on them ping me & Help Me To See one way or the other maybe
I thought snow/risiinq seemed alright.
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

like maybe not the wagoned slots themselves, but the movement around them
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:24 am If I see someone trying to push someone based on how awk they are I'm shutting that down because that's such a weak excuse and screams pushing LHF for no reason cause you can't think of a good excuse.

The only time someone can be pushed for being awk and its wolfy is if their meta is so polarizing that you can figure out if they're town or wolf based off like 10 posts and I doubt anyone fits that bill
How do you figure? There are over 20+ players here. Do you have meta on all of them to determine that?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:04 pm
Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:02 pm quick stop&jot

I thought snow/risiinq seemed alright.
got the impression she was uncomfy in thread
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:04 pm like maybe not the wagoned slots themselves, but the movement around them
The lack of movements and when there's any it's just weak pushes that accomplish nothing that bothers me.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:05 pm
Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:04 pm like maybe not the wagoned slots themselves, but the movement around them
The lack of movements and when there's any it's just weak pushes that accomplish nothing that bothers me.
What would accomplish something, then?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

tbh I was expecting more fire from Sabiplz.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 319
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:47 pm
ISO: @Inawordyes

4. Despite Item #2 in my list, IAWY does seem a little preoccupied with how others perceive them. They do it again, with Valentine again, here. It's interesting that there are two separate times when IAWY is directly trying to get Valentine to state their opinion of IAWY.

5. I don't know how to interpret this. Do you actually mean you don't like the fact that there's a sarc tag? That people need to use it less? How do I parse this. What does anything mean. I'm adrift on a still and moonless ocean.

6. Question for @Inawordyes: You say there's 'a difference between when [Val's vibe] is coming from a wolfy place and when it's townie'. What is that difference? I also get null/town-leaning vibes on Val, but I'm curious how you make the distinction.

7. I should have mentioned this in the hollowkatt iso, but this interaction between IAWY and hollowkatt is interesting. I'm having trouble articulating why, and this is purely a gut/vibe thing, but I could see this being two scummates passing in the night. A w/w interaction, in the parlance of the arena. Reiteration: purely gut, and not really based on anything.
--
TL;DR, There are some funky things about IAWY so far, but I think that's all coming down to differences in playstyle. The whole angel-shooting thing is highly indicative that they are used to a different mafia environment, and that's something I can empathize with. My read is almost perfectly null: town pings are balanced with scum pings.
4) So for some context on me - I am a very polarizing player, as you yourself are experiencing, and it's very easy to push me because of how inane my content and the reads I give can seem at times. Because of that, I take huge issue in general when people have my name in their mouth and don't follow up with it, because a lot of recent games have involved mafia attacking my credibility by constantly picking apart my posts to paint me as untrustworthy but never actively engaging with me or actively pushing on me directly, with the end result of me getting either mischopped or easily pushed into a corner as the village crazy who nobody will listen to. So when I see someone comment on me, especially negatively, but there's no follow-through, no intent other than to state a comment about me, I throw a side-eye and I want them to explain themselves rather than just leaving it on the cutting room floor.

Because I take such a keen interest in others doing it, I am very aware of when I don't follow-up myself, which is why I questioned Cape's townread when I threw out a vote with no follow-up or explanation, and may also be the missing context needed to better understand why I read Falcon the way that I do (given that his post directed at Zeus that I commented on, and then his post towards me afterward, both involve Falcon attacking our credibility offhand with no follow-up. You don't have to agree with the read, that's fine, but it really isn't just a pointless take that comes out of nowhere.

5) I like the fact that there's sarc tags!

6) The fact that Val was providing content both in the post I quoted and in the posts around it. You'll see often that mafia will be like "oh woe is me, I'm finding it so hard to get into the game, I don't have any reads, etc. etc. etc." ... and that's it, there's nothing of substance, it's just excuses. In Val's case, despite struggling to get into the swing of things, she was still trying to provide thoughts. She wasn't sitting in "I'm struggling so hard rn guys :(((" and making an excuse to not move forward, she was acknowledging that she was struggling but kept trying to find ways to do something and either ask a question or provide observations. Small stuff, not very substantial, but given the context that's understandable, and even something small can mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. So TL;DR it's the fact that she was using her struggling to get into the game as an explanation rather than an excuse, and rather than sit in that mode she was still trying to bring something to the table.

7) Me and HK know each other pretty well, and for that reason I had asked him directly beforehand to read and react to my post because he'd understand my thought process the best of everyone here. I also was genuine in my thoughts, I'm not gonna try to fake content to justify or excuse myself, that's a recipe for disaster and I'm town so I have nothing to hide or try to lie myself out of to save face
:omg:
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:06 pm
Finding a wagon we agree on someone wolfy, make it big enough and make the wagonee dance.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

he randed mafia

At least not mafia
...ok?
I can agree with people's reads without it being pocketing? I bounce off other people's takes a lot. I also had pointed out the schia post I found sus before risinq did.
Alright, that's reasonable
I am town and spewing her town. She's town.

Yes, that is a weaker point, I don't begrudge anyone awareness of the setup

Yeah, I'm liking your response/engagement for the most part and you're not necessarily someone I'll end up pursuing strongly today but I'm glad I got the thoughts out
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:08 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:06 pm
Finding a wagon we agree on someone wolfy, make it big enough and make the wagonee dance.
Alright, sell me on Le petit then. Or can you not do that today either?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Le petit poussin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:03 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:01 pm @Le petit poussin has replaced @Andrew. Please do not talk about substitutions.

Have mercy friendos, I am new to this game.
Le petit poussin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:06 pm Zeus talking about technical dramas like a boomer is a clear wolf tell. Sheep this read guys. Ironclad tier.
Le petit poussin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:13 pm
DeeZees wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:09 pm Kids these days smh

Ill have you know i used to walk 3 hours through rain and mud to play mafia, now you have these fancy new computers and world wide webs smh
Dude, I am prolly older than you.

[VOTE: DeeZees] aubergine
Le petit poussin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:19 pm
Guillotine wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:17 pm Finally…. the best day 1 scum hunter of the entire globe has comeback To The Syndicate!

Hardclaim Paranoid Gun Owner
Thanks for the warm welcome Guillo! Kinda unexpected but I take it pal :fingerguns:
Le petit poussin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:22 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:19 pm [VOTE: Raskol] aubergine

#obliagtory
Hell yeah! I was getting worried.

Sup friendo, glad to be here with you again :charlieblackmon:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:03 pm Town pile
Chelsea
DeeZees
falcon45ca
LordQuas
risiinq-
Schiavetto
Strawhenge
Valentine
Talk to me a little bit more about DZ/Valentine here.

I get your other scumreads
They both seem pretty comfortable in thread even if their entrances weren't the smoothest. After the first few posts DZ became what I think is his town self, getting reads and unfiltered thoughts out there. Similarly Valentine played up a newbie schtick for a bit but rather than continuing to lean into it she pushed through and started contributing her pov and generating a lot of interaction. I'm not really familiar with Valentine but I view it as >rand town to overcome resistance to participating by suddenly spilling over with content.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:20 pm I get why yall think my questions are just Filler but it's not for me.

If you look at my fluff close enough you can see my takes/opinions hidden in it.
am maybe sympathetic to this, have had similar thoughts like, more than a few times as vill (or more generally just like, exasperation @ some towns' antipathy toward Making An Inference Ever In Their Life/less predication-heavy townplay)
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:06 pm tbh I was expecting more fire from Sabiplz.
This is all the energy I have since I have other obligations.

I am still trying to sort people and getting their pov.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”