Posts in topic: 477
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [DAY 1]

Post by DeeZees »

Posts which I call pot shots from Quas
LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:38 pm
Le petit poussin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:34 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:27 pm
Le petit poussin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:26 pm Schiavetto town for blatant inconsistency.
She made playlists for everyone in champs semis

She was a wolf.
That is not my point. (spamming non game related posts is kinda wolfy yeah, but doing it just after accusing someone of it is erraticaly townie... or just a joke. Let me time to get used to their posting style :p)
idk what youre saying here tho this is hedgy beyond belief
LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:08 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:58 pm
LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm of all the ppl chillin with their entrances schia felt the most awkward
I don't see it, I think Schiavetto entered fine
the self vote felt like trying too hard to me
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:52 am
Inawordyes wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:04 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:02 pm iawy already walling -.-
Read my walls tyvm, I don't write my thoughts just to have them ignored because people will reading 1000 3-30 word posts but refuse to read 1000 words in 1 post
if you're town being able to communicate your thoughts clearly and effectively without making everyone else's eyes glaze over is an important skill

if you're a wolf sure write all the walls and complain nobody listens to you all you want
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:40 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:38 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:35 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:33 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:31 am i'm actually still struggling to understand cape's logic behind "wolves don't have awkward openings reliably, for example when i was a wolf i had a wolfy opening and nobody called me out for it so i won"
I'm debating if Cape TMI'd Scia or not. Right now I lean: Other people will check in and tell me so not my problem. I still think Sabi and nutella are wolfier
i'm not super sure what to make of sabi as a player yet. Think I need to play a few more games with them to get a grip there

haven't thought much about nut yet, saw your posts. Figured I'd just wait to see her post more before making a call
My biggest problem is it felt like, half the stuff they were calling people out on for making no comments or doing anything was then followed up by then asking a lot of questions to almost fit the narrative that they weren't doing the exact thing they called people out on. it just seemed like a lot of busywork and I really hated the entire bundle of posts.
sorry who is this in reference to, nut?
Sabi.

Nutella just calls people out for level 1 posts that if you looked at on a base is "wolfy" it's pretty bad tbh
ok i just don't remember sabi calling people out much at all

The Schia push:
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:36 pm
Le petit poussin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:26 pm Schiavetto town for blatant inconsistency.

She was a wolf.
That is not my point. (spamming non game related posts is kinda wolfy yeah, but doing it just after accusing someone of it is erraticaly townie... or just a joke. Let me time to get used to their posting style :p)
Oh okay so you're just like actually maf
LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:41 pm
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm Petit's gross for the hasty vill read off of zero knowledge about me or the horse I came in on + weirdly self-aware followup

but.

But!!!!

If I am wrong and petit is town thatn quas is maybe wolfy for sliding in on that
is just a bad post. why call out me and not the other people who pointed out the same thing?
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:00 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:39 pm
LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:08 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:58 pm
LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm of all the ppl chillin with their entrances schia felt the most awkward
I don't see it, I think Schiavetto entered fine
the self vote felt like trying too hard to me
trying too hard to what? it's early game
trying too hard to fit in and be quirky town
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:10 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:37 am

She was a wolf.
This post sucks.
Hey handsome <3
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:39 pm
I'm not an awkward wolf, I'm cool & chic & villagery

Awk post.
i agree with all three of these things
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:14 am
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:57 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:48 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:06 pm I think Schiavetto is being townier then they were in the mash they were just a part of FWIW
Mashes aren't normals meta sucks. Although I don't think Scia has been wolfy just weird (there's a big dif and if you don't get it well...)
Yes I acknowledge this though in the mash it did feel like schiavetto was playing a normal game anyways (hardly talked about too much of anyone) (didn't have a lot of posts) (went after someone). And I think this game to me felt better, and I am quite literally not the only one who has felt that way coming off the mash when Schia hardly played like he was in one.
Creature wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:49 pm Ok yeah I think Schiavetto looks better in here than the mash.
I acknowledge it isn't a perfect meta read or anything but for someone who felt fine and still feels fine :shrug:
schia has ticked two of these boxes. She hasn't really been interacting with people, doesn't have a lot of posts. Hasn't gone after anyone too hard yet as far as I'm aware but I'm not sure why this is your defense
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:17 am
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:04 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:57 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:36 pm Quas not liking things for being awkward and hedgy seems so level 0 in general
seems to work though. you disagree that wolves struggle to post as naturally as town?
I think it's dependent on the person, I think in my scum game I won on this website I had a very awkward opener that townies acknowledged and brushed off.

It feels like too much stock is always put in those reads and it is really easy for mafia to take advantage of something that seems obvious like "player x's posts are awkward" it's why I am not vibing with nutella actually either
was your counter to "wolves have awkward openers >rand" really just "i had an awkward opener when i was a wolf so wolves don't have awkward openers"

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:24 am
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:15 am This is Strawhenge to @LordQuas: Is it just Schia's self-vote that's getting you? Is there anything else about them that's awkward?
i just haven't felt like their jokes have been natural at all and reminded me of a wolf trying to imitate a towny having fun rather than a towny actually having fun. I also didn't particularly like that schia post about mine about the rabbit person with the french name (thats a sentence) but I did like schia's response to me

its an early read that i'm not married to but it was what stuck out to me the most from that rvs phase

also rachel holy shit that ending

Other-things:
drive by reads (mostly town) aplenty

This is open wolfing, too funny to be a wolf, or, too brazen to open wolf:
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:19 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:08 am TOO LATE FKER (I can say that right? Don't ban me pls it's banter)
i'll just call you the best player in the game if you want to be and pocket you is fine
Mungbean
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 105
Aka: Oscar

Post by Mungbean »

Hello at long last! Sorry for my absence in the first 36 hours, I've been visiting my Dad whom I seldom see this weekend. My schedule is much freer from tomorrow.

By way of an introduction, I should say that I haven't played mafia in at least 8 years. I finally caved to one of Mac's invitations. The only players from that time that I have played with include Strawhenge, ColinIsCool, and I think possibly TheFloyd73. Not sure how useful this is as retrieving decade old memories of mafia meta is not likely to be too reliable.

Otherwise I'm approaching you all with a clean slate, which suits me. I have caught up on the thread and will post some thoughts on things that stuck out throughout the day (it's pissing it down in London so I should have a few posting windows).
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

well, I should have used spoilers.

take aways:
(a) The push on schia is concerted. It seems focused on a bad entry of awkwardness
(b) He bashes and takes pot shots at people defending schia
(c) BUT he never votes her
(d) he looks back once with cape when schia does something he likes.

I think a, b and are all quite towny. Believing a push *that was convincing* is a good look. Bashin ppl who attack your push is also towny because well as wolf I always try n be more balanced with ppl to look more like im solving off my push, and, bashing people is so brazen. d is good because it shows he's actually thinking about the read.
c is bad because it implies he doesn't believe in read- votes are one of best ways of pushing your scum reads!

Separately, that is his real push. he has some drive by town reads and light "you are wolfy" esque posts.

He's definitely in my POE, can see lots of wolf persona's here, but, dont scum read him as much as others AND I now wanna go check out schia
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

Mungbean wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:00 am Hello at long last! Sorry for my absence in the first 36 hours, I've been visiting my Dad whom I seldom see this weekend. My schedule is much freer from tomorrow.

By way of an introduction, I should say that I haven't played mafia in at least 8 years. I finally caved to one of Mac's invitations. The only players from that time that I have played with include Strawhenge, ColinIsCool, and I think possibly TheFloyd73. Not sure how useful this is as retrieving decade old memories of mafia meta is not likely to be too reliable.

Otherwise I'm approaching you all with a clean slate, which suits me. I have caught up on the thread and will post some thoughts on things that stuck out throughout the day (it's pissing it down in London so I should have a few posting windows).
It was meant to be 22 degrees and sunny today wtf eh
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 84

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:59 am Town creature is on like a higher tier of uninhibited threadblogging. He's made some of his typical sort of comments in this game but the overall effect of his presence has been limp and halfhearted
So meta is the Creature read?

How many other players in this game would you say you could formulate a solid meta read on, who are they and how do they stand?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Mungbean
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mungbean »

Two other points to note. I'm playing on mobile for the rest of this day phase which is cumbersome and will inhibit me from providing the detail I'd like to.

Secondly, as to my assigned song - I may become quite erratic if you neglect to remember my name. 😉
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

risiinq- wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:45 am i mean yeah, but like, what would the point of that be then?

like, if hk read you "wrong", would you think they were wolf?
first one, well, because he knows im town

second one, I look at his logic not his end read tbh
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:04 am
nutella wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:59 am Town creature is on like a higher tier of uninhibited threadblogging. He's made some of his typical sort of comments in this game but the overall effect of his presence has been limp and halfhearted
So meta is the Creature read?

How many other players in this game would you say you could formulate a solid meta read on, who are they and how do they stand?
its an exceptional way to read creature tbh
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

Creature wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:59 pm I'm still frustrated from last mash

I'll prob ignore townreads from dead town players if I don't feel the same
id vote creature off this post alone
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:04 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:01 pm
risiinq- wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:52 pm
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm Petit's gross for the hasty vill read off of zero knowledge about me or the horse I came in on + weirdly self-aware followup

but.

But!!!!

If I am wrong and petit is town thatn quas is maybe wolfy for sliding in on that
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm or i'm wrong in both worlds but that would be p embarrassing, we won't talk abt that possibility
these two schia posts were very wolfy, but apparently they have a wolfgame in a mash so im not gonna make any evaluations yet - as the rest of their posts are ok.
I agree that was super wolfy, reminded me a lot of agendaed "if not x then y" associations I tried to paint when wolfing in the mash that just ended, but I do also sometimes just naturally make those reads as town so idk
hot take, villagers should be allowed to be wolfy as long as they can also make themselves towny & i think there's a lot of Probably Helpful Thoughts that get thunk that might also be accurately called """wolfy"""
this post is lol

@risiinq why do you not want to make a judgement?
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: snow

Post by risiinq- »

DeeZees wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:11 am

why? i thought it was fine
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

DeeZees wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:13 am

but.

But!!!!

Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm or i'm wrong in both worlds but that would be p embarrassing, we won't talk abt that possibility
these two schia posts were very wolfy, but apparently they have a wolfgame in a mash so im not gonna make any evaluations yet - as the rest of their posts are ok.
I agree that was super wolfy, reminded me a lot of agendaed "if not x then y" associations I tried to paint when wolfing in the mash that just ended, but I do also sometimes just naturally make those reads as town so idk
hot take, villagers should be allowed to be wolfy as long as they can also make themselves towny & i think there's a lot of Probably Helpful Thoughts that get thunk that might also be accurately called """wolfy"""
this post is lol

@risiinq-
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

risiinq- wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:13 am

Extra line makes it feel fake and performative and it doesn't read doom and gloom it reads "oh im soooo frustrated, excuse me for being me, meh I'll just go do something like this!"
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

im gunna start working in a bit, but, reading Schia's posts:
- Opening was wolfy
- Didn't let it stifle them too much
- Kinda acted like someone frustrated pushed in a corner

so I'm a bit town leaning her?

not voting there

overall I think I have schia town lean, and, quas mildly townier from all this (but still my poe)
Mungbean
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mungbean »

I would also like to say upfront that I will be taking meta-based reads with a pinch of salt given that you're virtually all strangers to me. I'm not saying I will disregard that context, but it won't move the needle significantly for me.
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

Mungbean wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:15 am I would also like to say upfront that I will be taking meta-based reads with a pinch of salt given that you're virtually all strangers to me. I'm not saying I will disregard that context, but it won't move the needle significantly for me.
ok well my top two SR's are still doable via no meta.

Creature is posting things that make them avoid game (other than the rask thing)

Kuti Plz is performative with reads
Spoiler: show
test
[VOTE: Sabi] aubergine
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

but.

But!!!!

this post is lol

@risiinq-
if ur referring to the post i have in this quote chain, it's as i said - i wanted to check meta first before i made evaluations (i later checked the champs game and thought it was marginally different, so yea) and plus their other posts were fine

it's just.. their reactions to quas suspecting them were bleh

i still can't really get over it even after meta comparison
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

[VOTE: Sabiplz] aubergine
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

fwiw i think ur sabi read has merit but the creature read is more.. unclear
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

DeeZees wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:18 am [VOTE: Sabiplz] aubergine
(these are just for telegraphing ur vote fwiw, it doesnt change poll)
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

risiinq- wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:17 am

but.

But!!!!

this post is lol

@risiinq-
if ur referring to the post i have in this quote chain, it's as i said - i wanted to check meta first before i made evaluations (i later checked the champs game and thought it was marginally different, so yea) and plus their other posts were fine

it's just.. their reactions to quas suspecting them were bleh

i still can't really get over it even after meta comparison
I thought it was kinda ok?

What didnt' you like?

They seemed to have a mild tantrum I took as towny, got frustrated, kept solving outwardly and was like "im gunna just town read quas for ease" which seems too out there for a wolf. its definitely not pocketing
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

risiinq- wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:18 am fwiw i think ur sabi read has merit but the creature read is more.. unclear
I'd be much more open to letting Creature have a day because if he's town and is frustrated from mash + its voting day in Brazil and thats pretty mega for them so like its totally legit if he's town to have those excuses, and, d2 he can come out firing. So I can see the excuse as working

But that doesn't change that it also makes whole heaps of sense from a wolf
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

"Petit's gross for the hasty vill read off of zero knowledge about me or the horse I came in on + weirdly self-aware followup

but.

But!!!!

If I am wrong and petit is town thatn quas is maybe wolfy for sliding in on that"

both of these are really tonally wolfy and i dont get the thought process to get to this, esp the last line
Mungbean
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mungbean »

The Colin stuff can go either way. I've never encountered a town-friendly third-party role to my knowledge, but that's not to exclude the possibility of it existing. I'm struggling to envisage a scenario where anybody would volunteer their role to Colin regardless of their public claim, so it seems an odd wincon to say the least. But the same logic applies if they're anti-town.
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

risiinq- wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:21 am "Petit's gross for the hasty vill read off of zero knowledge about me or the horse I came in on + weirdly self-aware followup

but.

But!!!!

If I am wrong and petit is town thatn quas is maybe wolfy for sliding in on that"

both of these are really tonally wolfy and i dont get the thought process to get to this, esp the last line
oh that bit yh I think that bits wolfy.

I was talking how she went from there
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

DeeZees wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:14 am
risiinq- wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:13 am

Extra line makes it feel fake and performative and it doesn't read doom and gloom it reads "oh im soooo frustrated, excuse me for being me, meh I'll just go do something like this!"
just ftr, i don't see this

i think it's really possible it was just a thought and a disclaimer sort of thing

the last line isn't really performative and it isn't extra? it's like, disclaimer, i'm ignoring dead town players after what happened in the mash cuz ugh that was frustrating

i can see myself posint ghtat
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 7

Post by MacDougall »

Don't forget to submit your walrus entry for a chance to win a prize! Check the discord server's announcements channel for the details.
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

DeeZees wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:23 am
risiinq- wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:21 am "Petit's gross for the hasty vill read off of zero knowledge about me or the horse I came in on + weirdly self-aware followup

but.

But!!!!

oh that bit yh I think that bits wolfy.

I was talking how she went from there
yeah, im mainly talking about this part, which is why i said the rest of their posts were fine
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

Mungbean wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:22 am The Colin stuff can go either way. I've never encountered a town-friendly third-party role to my knowledge, but that's not to exclude the possibility of it existing. I'm struggling to envisage a scenario where anybody would volunteer their role to Colin regardless of their public claim, so it seems an odd wincon to say the least. But the same logic applies if they're anti-town.
I've seen a couple recently, or at least, neutral who can chose whether to scum or town side

town always kill them because of what you say so yh

Colin will probs have to go at some point but not really priority
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

Snow's probably town fwiw
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

DeeZees wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:24 am Snow's probably town fwiw
if it wasn't clear i also think ur town rn (hopefully)
Mungbean
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mungbean »

The player I was feeling best about in the first 24 hours was Strawhenge, so seeing them subbed out is not optimal.

@Manny you said you disagreed with Strawhenge's reads. Which in particular did you disagree with and why?
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

mungbean's entrance atm is p okay as well
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

risiinq- wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:26 am mungbean's entrance atm is p okay as well
Treading water for me so far, but, not scummy
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:07 pm I don’t trust Windward at all
I have no reason to trust you, either 🤷 that's just how the game works.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:08 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:05 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:01 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:59 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:36 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:31 pm

Oh I'm with you 100% on that, I just haven't sat down to ponder what you were trying to accomplish with those posts as I just walked in the door.
I was kind of prodding around to see if you had posted that for the sake of posting or if you were genuinely trying to get people to listen to you, but I don't really have the attention span to figure it out now so I'll just make a note of it and look at the lead up to it when I wake up tbh.
Oh I guess mainly I'm riffing with HK as he's the person I know the best here. But it was also just true that I am very good at figuring out when he's scum and I think that gives him a lot of incentive to argue for me as the murder target if he is
This is true. IBA and I go way back, and is very good at picking out whether or not I am a wolf.
All right, so do you think IBA is being genuine in reading you this time around?
what read? there's no IBA on HK read in this thread
Welp
So much for trying to fish for opinions without backreading lol
I thought IBA implied that they had a read on you already that they wanted people to sheep but I guess they were just saying they were skilled at reading you for future reference.
In that case, scratch what I said earlier about IBA possibly trying to convince people to listen to them because there was actually nothing to listen to yet 😅
This feels very defensive

Are you feeling defensive
Nah, I was feeling dumb, though!
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiindy
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Cape90 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:11 am
Yeah cannot say posts are doing anything for me either still.
I don't really trust you either but at least with you there is progress in terms of reads
Maybe that's because I hadn't read anything lol
I'm not going to shit out fabricated reads just because people think I should, if I haven't actually read anything.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Cape90 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:18 am
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:14 am
I don't really trust you either but at least with you there is progress in terms of reads
What progression with reads has daughter done? Citation please.

I'm giving windward time because she's been afk and was drunk in the thread.
"Progression" it's more DaughterOfOmega has had reads versus WWA. And I know WWA is a good player and their posts so far just exist
What a novel take, I haven't had reads because...? I had just entered the thread, I was drunk, and didn't want to catch up on reading just yet? 🤔

I mean, I can understand DaughterOfOmega's point that I haven't done anything of note, because that's undeniably true. But whats the point of comparing my content to hers and saying my posts don't live up to my (questionable) reputation if I made it clear I wasn't really doing much solving when I was there? I offered to real-time and said I'd catch up later, but there wasn't much going on that I felt I could jump into since I was missing the surrounding context. And that one thing I did jump in on, which was just IBA and HK talking about reading each other, didn't even end up amounting to what I thought it would. So yeah, it was a dumb wasted opportunity on my part, I wanted to generate some sort of debate but completely failed at it.

Anyway, I'm here to generate debate today but I'll also be busy for most of the day so you're still gonna have to deal with me popping in and out of the thread and not catching up. If you want to wagon me over my blatant noncommittal stance toward solving, that's fine, just don't expect me to catch up on the thread before EoD because I can't be arsed to.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Sabiplz wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:37 am
Cape90 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:18 am
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:14 am
What progression with reads has daughter done? Citation please.

I'm giving windward time because she's been afk and was drunk in the thread.
"Progression" it's more DaughterOfOmega has had reads versus WWA. And I know WWA is a good player and their posts so far just exist
So why bring up daughter then? What was the point of this whole comparison?

I really don't like this post from guy cape.
Idk if I made my stance clear in my previous post but I agree with this ^

Suspecting me is not weird, but the comparison is weird because it feels like Cape is looking for a reason to justify suspecting me, when he doesn't actually need a reason other than to say I've posted no content.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Cape90 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:24 am WWA really has their sight on IBA and I think I get it. It is a read on wolfy self-awareness. The classic. Oh and performative which does seem to go hand-in-hand.
WWA asking about IBA's read on HK when IBA had none but WWA just assumed seemed like a genuine thought.
Maybe I'm not following, but how did you go from "WWA is sus for having less content than DaughterOfOmega" to "WWA is calling IBA out for wolfy self-awareness" like you think I'm town? Or do you not actually have a read on me yet? I feel like you're suddenly taking what i tried to figure out wrt IBA/HK and nailing it in to amplify my take, but simultaneously implying that it's a towny take, which is definitely not the impression I got from a couple posts above.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

DeeZees wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:13 am Creature lacks any town creature fire and after 36 hours i think thats not past acceptable excuse stage

I see its election day so we wont get much more so ok

Hea made only one real read on rask and i thought that and just that amongst indifference is an attempt to try a creature type solve- and- i kinda thought it was ok

Wju i think maybe 3p but unsure
I still need to read Creature's ISO because the only thing I saw from him was his claim of self-resolving
But in the last game I played with him, he was scum and he claimed tracker to prevent himself from being wagoned, got a villager voted out instead, and then got piled on the next day and flipped scum so lol.
Ive only played two games with him, I think, one where he was town and one where he was scum, but anyway that's my experience. Wouldn't clear him for claiming, BUT I would consider that he could be town just based on others' reactions to his claim (as I mentioned before).

Also, hi DZ!
DeeZees
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DeeZees »

Dumb gut read as I walk dog- WWA is town for starting her solve from how ppl talk about her as opposed to trying to blend in thread
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

DeeZees wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:08 am Dumb gut read as I walk dog- WWA is town for starting her solve from how ppl talk about her as opposed to trying to blend in thread
Tbf this is what I always do because it gives me a very easy point of discussion.
I don't think I really ever blend into the thread unless I've caught the flu or something lol, I'm pretty loud and like to make waves regardless of alignment. I'm usually less lazy with backreading than this, though, but it's a weekend and I've mostly been out and about so all you get from me is some drunk phone posting :P
Granted, usually it doesn't take me half a day to actually show up and post, I'm normally around for game start if I'm awake.
Mungbean
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mungbean »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:41 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:40 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:38 pm This is entirely too many posts for this thread to have at this point
How many were you expecting?
idk a couple hundred? Nothing has happened and it hasn't even been 24 hours, there's no reason for the average post per player to be in the double digits at this point
This struck me as an almost comically anti-town sentiment.
Mungbean
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mungbean »

The most suspicious thing I've seen from Creature is definitely alluding to the nature of their role under minimal pressure.
Mungbean
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mungbean »

Having read the rest of IBA'S posts they read more town than wolf. I think we just have opposing views on the utility of having a large volume of content to digest.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

[VOTE: Cape90]
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Clearly I do not know how to vote correctly...

[VOTE: Cape90] aubergine
Schiavetto
The Mark
Posts in topic: 241
Preferred Pronouns: any/all

Post by Schiavetto »

snow turned town overnight, nice

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”