Total votes: 15
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Night 3]

Post by Vivax »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:50 pm
Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:29 pm Nice outcome ! No more off-topic green is a game changer.
I'm a bit groggy today from halloween stuff. Probably won't do much during night phase.

It's interesting that the non-player vote ended up on mafia (considering it's derived from a Feb ability)
Consume Vivax as well.
I assure you I am intensely venomous
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Elohcin »

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:24 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:16 pm
sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:33 pm
@Elohcin Walk me through why you think Sheepers are more likely to be mafia and what your current thoughts are on the more sheepy players please.
First of all, sheeping is a new term to me. When I was told what it meant, it sounded to me like lazy play. "Oh, I trust so-and-so, so I'm going to go and vote who they vote." So early in the game, that is ridiculous. Unless you have civvie BTSC with that person you trust, you cannot know for sure if the person you are trusting is civ. A few days into the game, and it is still risky. Late in the game, even if you have info on a person, it still LOOKS like bad behavior, like you are just being lazy and jumping on a train, even if the train just has an engine and a caboose and you are the caboose. Like I said in my first posts about this, I think all players should read the thread and make up their own minds. It's okay to agree with someone and vote like they do, we all do that all the time. You agree with them because you read and accessed the situation yourself. But to blindly follow someone's vote just because you think you can trust them is silly and lazy. No one would have gotten away with that back in the day and they shouldn't now.
I hear you- I find it very difficult to ever have a mindset of sheeping, but as devils advocate, I can say sheeping can be both lazy and productive. If you are feeling not confident in your reads, and do have trust in a civ player that is taking charge, perhaps it’s not a terrible idea to just vote there. Lazy? Yes. But an uninformed faith vote is more productive than a vanity vote for a 3rd wagon that means nothing in a game where town’s only real weapon is the vote.
Okay, I can see your point, esp about the vote being the only real town weapon. But, how can you be sure you are following the right wagon/person?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 575
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:03 pm
@Elohcin Walk me through why you think Sheepers are more likely to be mafia and what your current thoughts are on the more sheepy players please.
First of all, sheeping is a new term to me. When I was told what it meant, it sounded to me like lazy play. "Oh, I trust so-and-so, so I'm going to go and vote who they vote." So early in the game, that is ridiculous. Unless you have civvie BTSC with that person you trust, you cannot know for sure if the person you are trusting is civ. A few days into the game, and it is still risky. Late in the game, even if you have info on a person, it still LOOKS like bad behavior, like you are just being lazy and jumping on a train, even if the train just has an engine and a caboose and you are the caboose. Like I said in my first posts about this, I think all players should read the thread and make up their own minds. It's okay to agree with someone and vote like they do, we all do that all the time. You agree with them because you read and accessed the situation yourself. But to blindly follow someone's vote just because you think you can trust them is silly and lazy. No one would have gotten away with that back in the day and they shouldn't now.
I hear you- I find it very difficult to ever have a mindset of sheeping, but as devils advocate, I can say sheeping can be both lazy and productive. If you are feeling not confident in your reads, and do have trust in a civ player that is taking charge, perhaps it’s not a terrible idea to just vote there. Lazy? Yes. But an uninformed faith vote is more productive than a vanity vote for a 3rd wagon that means nothing in a game where town’s only real weapon is the vote.
Okay, I can see your point, esp about the vote being the only real town weapon. But, how can you be sure you are following the right wagon/person?
Only in that if I haven’t been following along and previously trusted a player or two, follow the leads of those player might be the best move you’ve got.

Lazy -and- productive
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

I think this is where we are supposed to fabricate towncases on our scumreads in the hope that they catch a bullet
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by Vivax »

Can't really spot any concerted effort to save G-Man around End of Day.
Bea vote sticks out as townie, at first glance. I think for a Feb team that doesn't want to stick out too much voting together to save him, G-Man is the more logical choice. With the best choice being to vote off both wagons.
Michelle feels less opinionated than during D1. The DFaraday push could be such an attempt at placing a vote away from G-Man and also not Sloonei.
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:58 pm Tokang thu ployurs frem thu lewust pesturs
Whot thu censunsis epanaen obeit Forodoy?

Has Ase as smoll, centoans o fuw ruods ond sulf muto soyang hu weild pest meru os o welf
DFaraday wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:50 pm I don't suspect either G-Man or Sloonei, and I won't be able to read the cases on them before the vote closes, so I will go ahead and move my vote to Michelle, on the grounds that I feel less town about her than anyone else really. As in, nothing has stood out as civ.
It's a weird interaction between these two, actually. It's really not the angle most of the game was looking at, and they seem to feel a bit too safe in this bubble where they push each other. DFara openly admits to not reading the reasons behind the wagons, but somehow finds Michelle interesting enough to read. Maybe he was just reading whoever was pushing him, but then he'd have had to read the thread?

The banger here is that Michelle didn't vote, so for DF to notice her, he'd also have had to run into posts describing reasons behind the main wagons. So this could be grounds to campaign for a DF lynch tomorrow, as it feels like he's lying here about what he read.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

@Vivax Am I to understand that you are still not entertaining worldviews where Sloonei is town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:20 pm @Vivax Am I to understand that you are still not entertaining worldviews where Sloonei is town?
Why shouldn‘t I ?
When I replaced into this slot I wasn‘t quick to accuse you either. I think you become easier to solve as the game progresses and the G-man lim looks goodish on you for next day.

I‘d rather gun for other players then.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:20 pm @Vivax Am I to understand that you are still not entertaining worldviews where Sloonei is town?
Why shouldn‘t I ?
When I replaced into this slot I wasn‘t quick to accuse you either. I think you become easier to solve as the game progresses and the G-man lim looks goodish on you for next day.

I‘d rather gun for other players then.
Your post before this one made it seem as though you were operating with the mindset that both of yesterday’s wagons were mafia. Maybe I misread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

I can see the town Sloonei world in this game
The case on Gman with the push, counter wagon to flipped scum are obvious reasons

I can finally talk in a language I can read :cloud9:
Who wants an explanation regarding my yday posts, AMA

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Michelle wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:47 pm I can see the town Sloonei world in this game
The case on Gman with the push, counter wagon to flipped scum are obvious reasons

Who on GMan’s wagon do you think is bad, if any?
Who on off wagons do you think is bad?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:09 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:03 pm
Only in that if I haven’t been following along and previously trusted a player or two, follow the leads of those player might be the best move you’ve got.

Lazy -and- productive
This is correct :nicenod:

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Pre-Game Setup]

Post by Scotty »

Hey Sloonei don’t mind me I’m just gonna summon up a post you made earlier in the night:
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:56 am Vociferations of G-man: A Study
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:48 pm Very good to see the Oceania contingent checking in.

@Quin- Your post about Sloonei reminded me of your epic performance in Mad Max all those years ago. For a second I misremembered that you and Sloonei dueled it out in grand fashion, but then I recalled that it was you and Dom (why isn't he in this game?) that went toe-to-toe. Sloonei just edged you out by virtue of a lucky protection (provided by LoRab no less, who I haven't seen around here much since that game).

@Golden the Coward- There is a third path for you to take. Just sneak the game in during those few fleeting moments of private time. Your wife and kids will never suspect that you're playing mafia. Mine haven't caught on yet, and I've been doing it for my second kid's entire life. :nicenod:
The first players he addresses in the game are Quin and Golden. My name also comes up, but not as a Player In This Game. He's reminiscing about an old game that he hosted which Quin and I played. It was one of the best games I've ever been a part of on the Syndicate. Look at it. Neither mention here is strictly on-topic. Just banter with a couple Cool Dudes. The Quin blurb might have a little more meat on it, in that G-man is directly bringing up a past scum performance of Quin's. Would he do that to a teammate? Possibly. But also, possibly not. We shall see.

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:40 pm Vanishing off to Disney on Ice soon, so I’m checking in while my family eats lunch (haha, suckers).

Quin wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:07 am
G-Man wrote: Very good to see the Oceania contingent checking in.

@Quin- Your post about Sloonei reminded me of your epic performance in Mad Max all those years ago. For a second I misremembered that you and Sloonei dueled it out in grand fashion, but then I recalled that it was you and Dom (why isn't he in this game?) that went toe-to-toe. Sloonei just edged you out by virtue of a lucky protection (provided by LoRab no less, who I haven't seen around here much since that game).

@Golden the Coward- There is a third path for you to take. Just sneak the game in during those few fleeting moments of private time. Your wife and kids will never suspect that you're playing mafia. Mine haven't caught on yet, and I've been doing it for my second kid's entire life. :nicenod:
Everyone seems to think Mad Max is my apex scum performance. In my opinion, my apex was every other game where I played so horribly I may as well have been. :slick:

Why are you reminded of it?

I remember that Mad Max came down to you vs Sloonei, but my brain short-circuited for a minute and led me to believe that the epic back-and-forth near endgame was you two but then I remembered it was you vs Dom.

fingersplints wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:03 am
Golden wrote: Hi all. In my head I’m gonna do a vomps and post once a day. In reality I’m gonna get super invested and ignore my kids and job.

This is surreal.
I plan to get only mildly invested but still ignore my kids.
This is the way. :srsnod:

nutella wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:31 am No aapje game is scuffed
The validity of this post is nullified by the fact that she should be here playing this game with us instead of those new-fangled people.

My votes in D0 poll are:
-Diamond Dog: if you knew him, you’d know why
-SVS: because she’s still probably my favorite baddie teammate of all time.
-Canucklehead: fierce and smart
-Long Con: levity
This is a big post, but the only pertinent part of it is the exchange with Quin. It still tells me very little. It could be a staged casual interaction between two teammates. It does not need to be that.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:43 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am Bea: *Lick*
G-Man: *Lick*
Vagrant doctor, why for art hast thou lickest me? Dost thy tongue perceive me in a particular manner?
Perks up at the licking of DrWilgy. Seems confused by the act. I think the double question indicates a bit of anxiety on G's part, suggesting that he's uncomfortable with Wilgy's attention. Early good look for the Doc.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:02 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:21 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 pm I have an idea of who the mafia is, but it's not who I'm voting at the moment. Though, the person I'm voting may also be mafia, who knows.
I do not like this post, nor do I like the vote for Bea. Mind you, I think voting for Bea in general is reasonable because people always tend to trust her, which makes her dangerous on the occasions when she is mafia, but Axey’s vote came without explanation and was a pile on after a (marginally) more justified vote.

Also, why would you not vote for who you think the mafia is?
I’ve learned to just disregard Axe in D1 because he does this as town, mafia, independent and axehole
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:09 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:27 pm That is some effective R o L e F I S h i N g

For anyone who misunderstood my intent.
I understand the concept of throwing out votes in movable-vote games to gauge reactions, but at the same time that can be a cop out way to excuse bad behavior. If you successfully start a wagon with your vote, you get what you want, but if it doesn't take you can just claim it was for role fishing and claim immunity from any criticism. Don't expect me not to evaluate you based on your behavior just because you claim it doesn't mean anything.
Viral infections sometimes have a sweeter disposition than NAA early on in games. It is true that he comes across in the same abrasive manner regardless of alignment. If you play a few games with him, you will either 1) learn to ignore some of his punchier tendencies, or 2) auto-sus him anyway because even though it's NAI, it's also not a reason to NOT sus him. :nicenod:

And let's keep in mind that there is a 3P role out there when we're reading people; we're not just living in a binary system.

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:16 pm
An unserious post can generate serious discussion.
I don't know what to make of you yet. I like that you're constantly in motion, but it's too early to determine if it's just artifice this time around.

Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:05 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:54 pm There would be nothing more ‘classic mafia’ than DF being D1 lynched for low posting.
Hopefully they posts and we can make a read because lynching a low poster at random is a coin flip.
I want to chop a baddie today, but if we have to mischop, then I'd rather we be wrong about a player whose interactions we can parse through for clues than someone who leaves us stranded in a field with a bag of sand to pound.
Another big post. This has more stuff in it.

First is a bit of an inconclusive acknowledgement of NAA's (now Vivax) meta. G-man talks about his abrasiveness, but does not commit to a stance one way or the other here.
Then he offers an unsolicited town read on DH. This seems to have been unprompted and came somewhat out of left field. DH was under no pressure. I'm inclined to read it favorably for DH/SVS. It looks less awkward for Mafia G-man to offer such unsolicited town read on town player than on a partner here.
He ends by responding to Michelle with a semi-relevant philosophy post. Michelle and Golden have a brief exchange about DH, then G-man weighs in with his bit about preferring to target high-volume posters. It hardly constitutes a substantial interaction, but it marks the first G-man/Michelle interaction in the game.

G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:11 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:02 pm [VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine

So many little pings going off, but lacking the theory of mind as a civ and tying yourself up in ‘that’s why you’re bad, actually that makes you civ’ logic is enough for a vote.
I seem to recall baddie Eloh being guilty of being too agreeable. I'm not sure we're seeing the same thing here, coward.
G-man responds to Golden's Eloh vote with some Eloh defense. If they are teammates, this is perhaps a bit more coordinated and subtle for Day 1 distancing than I'd usually expect. Not impossible, but I'm gonna call it unlikely.
For Eloh, this looks bad on the surface. But then, I must also ask if Mafia G-man sticks up for his teammate so directly in the thread here? That might also seem unlikely. I'll keep an eye on this.

G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:15 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:56 pm

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:11 pm Visions of Day 1’s of old are running through my mind. I’m not inclined to just let it go in the undisciplined manner of yesteryear. I need more meat to chew on from everyone first. I’m thankful that my night away coincided with Night 0 instead of the first half of Day 1.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:07 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:27 pm That being said, I actually think sig coming out and throwing caution to the wind with regards to his spelling and grammar is townie, if not reckless. Could be WIFOM, but that role is incredibly restrictive to my *vibe* which comes with autocorrect errors and incomplete sentences. So I get it.
The grammar police role is mafia. Making typos does not benefit town.
Valid point indeed! But the civvies have an adverb checker, so we should play it old school like when lie detector roles were still in vogue and pressure everyone to post a unique adverb. Anyone who resists must die. :llama:
I agree with what G-man is laying down here.

Adverbs in generaly VASTLY improve communication. They can also HEAVILY color meaning in terms of connoative associations.

(Oh! I almost souned smart up there!)

Vile assertion here, bea. Adverbs are, more often than not, unnecessary, and a sign of a writer who struggles to convey their meaning (or one who seeks to over-convey their meaning, which demeans the intelligence of the reader).

I don't remember your meta like at all beyond the fact that you are sweet and affable like juliets, which makes you dangerous.

(oops- too many tabs open! This was supposed to be posted before that last one. Ah well)
I can easily see this as a mafia interaction. Bea responds to G-man's adverb chatter with some fluff. G responds to her fluff with more fluff. They are acknowledging each other and technically talking about the game, but they are doing so without actually engaging one another in a meaningful way. Bad look for Bea.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:29 pm Very early groupings from a Day 1 dunce:

I'm not inclined to chop anyone with a lower post count than myself, so that means a stay of execution for LoRab, DF, and Kate for now. Let them establish themselves for at least the night phase and we'll see what shakes out.

I feel good about Llama, so he's off the list for now as well. I don't see what some folks are seeing in Eloh (who has been classic mischop bait in the past).

Vivax is shiny and new to me, so I'm inclined to give them the BOTD for now.

I feel like chopping from the top half of the post count will yield the most content to pick through, so that leaves me with a prospective list of Scotty, Sloonei, Golden the Coward, DH, bea, Michelle, and NAA.

Seeing that the Rez Plz event includes only players who die without flipping, I might hesitate to mischop a few of those names because of their potential utility as rezzable civs. I hope that you all can make my decision-making process easier on me by doing things that sort you all out a little more by the time I'm eating my breakfast in the morning.
Hooray for groupings. G-man's "Vote for High-Volume Players" approach means he cannot vote for LoRab (RIP), DF, and Kate. Llama (RIP) gets a town read, and Eloh gets another "I don't see the case" read, but not quite a town read. Vivax1.0 (RIP) gets a pass for being new.
That leaves him with a pool featuring Scotty, myself, Golden, DH/SVS, Bea, Michelle, and NAA/Vivax2.0. That's an awfully wide net, and not a single real suspicion. All of these players are still alive. This list almost certainly includes a teammate or two. By process of elimination, it almost has to. I know it is not me, and I am confident it is not Golden.
G-Man wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:14 pm Voting for Golden the Coward for poopooing on my attempts to sort out game mechanics to the civvies’ advantage. He’s also high post-count, which gives us lots to chew on, right or wrong. His tone is pretty level, but that (along with his posting volume) could be a ploy to place him right at radar level. He’s present, posting, and engaged. At this early stage it’s easy enough to give someone like him a pass for a few days just on those qualities alone.

[VOTE: Golden the Coward] aubergine

I have a meeting tonight that may push right up to eod. I’ll hang around up to the start of the meeting, but I can’t promise that I’ll make it back before the flip.
Confident it's not Golden, you say? Look at G-man over here voting for Golden on Day 1 as if that was a sensible thing to do. I already talked about this post in my previous G-man ISO as one of the main points of suspicion against him. Looking at it now, this looks like an awkward vote where G-man is twisting himself up in knots trying to justify something that has no justification. I think it is a good look for Golden. I would need to look at his reaction to be comfortable saying that, though.
G-Man wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:31 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:20 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:14 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:12 pm I'm gonna Vote For G-Man

I will be a cold dead son of a bitch before I ever use that fucked up vote tag.
I feel the same way, DH. We shouldn't have to use them in this old school game.
I just vastly miss the ordered voting. It made things so much crunchier. I don’t have the time or energy to sort through that now tho.

If they wanted votes to be unchangeable that would be pretty old school. If we lose that role, you might get your wish tho :noble:

Very true! Losing the accurate vote order wrecks my ability to take my spreadsheet to Nerd Factor 5 and renders me less useful.
Empty Scotty interaction. Noted. Moving on.
G-Man wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:57 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:29 pm It's a fun mafia skills contest.
Zero skills here as well, but I have work I should be doing, so why not serve up a distraction. Whatcha got?
Very interesting. NAA gets G-man to briefly forget his commitment to the letter V. Does this tell us anything about their relationship? It suggests that G-man is responding very naturally without giving it thought. That could suggest that his guard is completely down here, and he is not overly conscious of his interaction with NAA/Vivax. That would be a positive look for the slot. It could also be that he was trying to put on a laid back, nonchalant affect, and went too far. I'm inclined to say this is a very slightly positive look for NAA/Vivax. But I'm gonna toss it out in the thread right now to give it more attention.
G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:03 pm Vanishing for most of the phase was not my intention. Here is a short version of what I have so far:

Several tiers based on participation-

Big Talk- Scotty, Sloonei, Golden coward, DH- I would be shocked if there wasn’t a baddie in that group. Maybe two, but lots of productive chatter for the most part.

Llama in a tier of his own, but I still feel loose llama is good llama.

VivAxe or Viv2.0, Eloh, Michelle, Quin- mixed bag here. Eloh was sussed yesterday, Viv2.0 is a reset and still murky on D1 NAA read, Michelle feels most ambiguous (her posts didn’t make any impression on me), and same goes for Quin. These folks are at radar-level. I need to ISO to see if I detected a skimmer.

Kate, sig, Bea, Wilgy- 1/2 seem off the table today and the sig is less memorable that Wilgy licking everything in sight. Under the radar crew- also need ISOs to find manufactured content.

G-Man, LoRab, DF- low posters. Not ideal to find myself in that camp that must be ‘dealt with’ before too long. I saw points about LR’s evasiveness but I’m not exactly one to harp on that without being a hypocrite just yet. DF… just needs to show up for the weekend and get some content before he becomes an afterthought to everything happening in the present.

I will try to speed read the day and make a vote after I get back from wife’s birthday dinner.

Too many null reads for me right now- not a good look. Need to get my head back in the game and sort out some townclears to help my poe.
More groupings. Scotty, Sloonei, Golden, and DH are in the top tier based purely on volume. G-man arbitrarily suggests that one of us is mafia. Note that this is a different stance than his Day 1 High-Volume-Preference. On Day 1, he preferred to vote for high volume players because their flips would provide us with more information. On Day 2, he has now adopted the opinion that the high volume players certainly contain a mafier. Maybe he's telling us the truth. Maybe he's not. As Day 3 developed, I got the impression that G-man was using this stance in an attempt to sow distrust against the most vocal players in the game.

The middle tier of Vivax, Eloh, Michelle, and Quin get aggressively neutral stances. G-man does little more than list their names here. Now that's a group that likely contains a bad guy.

Kate, Sig, Bea, and Wilgy are similarly glossed over. Sig seems to be the closest thing to a suspect in this quartet. That might be a good look for him.

DF is the only "low poster" left alive here. G-man simply states that he should be more active.

These group read posts made it quite easy for G-man to avoid directly implicating his partners. There are scant details, though. I think sig and wilgy look better than bea and kate, for instance.
G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:52 pm Voting LoRab. DH has been producing content. Another day to evaluate is warranted to see if it holds up. Sorry to tie it up. Not trying to cause chaos this time.

[VOTE: LoRab] aubergine

Let the moderator decide.
When given the opportunity to vote between DH and LoRab, G-man chose LoRab. This was another major point in my case against G: everything he had said and done up to this point suggested that he should have voted for DH here. But he didn't. This is a very bad look for DH/SVS.

And now we're getting into G's big ISO posts on Day 3. It is nearly 2 AM and my eyes are too heavy to sift through those posts. I'll pick this back up tomorrow afternoon.
“The middle tier of Vivax, Eloh, Michelle, and Quin get aggressively neutral stances. G-man does little more than list their names here. Now that's a group that likely contains a bad guy.”

Which of those names, gun to head, do you think it likely is?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Scotty I'm actually finishing up the G-man ISO right now. I'll answer that question when I have the whole picture.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 173

Post by sig »

Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:16 pm I think this is where we are supposed to fabricate towncases on our scumreads in the hope that they catch a bullet
Why would mafia kill themselves
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:14 pm
Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:16 pm I think this is where we are supposed to fabricate towncases on our scumreads in the hope that they catch a bullet
I think viv means let’s talk about people in our POE we think are good so that maybe mafia kills them tonite, to shore up the pool

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:55 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:47 pm I can see the town Sloonei world in this game

Who on GMan’s wagon do you think is bad, if any?
Who on off wagons do you think is bad?
I wish I know
If I take what I noticed in other games, a stale wagon on mafia like was G-Man's wagon yday is left with the hope it will dissipate. Didn't happen, so maybe we can speculate on the strategy they had at Eod.
One idea is they tried to save him, another is they were ok with letting him die.
I need to read some Isos and check the votes

Linki: if Sloonei posts his analysis, maybe I will take the lazy path for tonight

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:16 pm
I think viv means let’s talk about people in our POE we think are good so that maybe mafia kills them tonite, to shore up the pool
Ag that’s an interesting strategy
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

Volume II of my G-man Study (see Volume I here):
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm
Variations on a Read List, Part 1
by G-Man

When I left off, I was trying to form a towncore. What I was left with sucks, even for a starter kit:

Towncore:

-bea
-thellama73

That's it, and it is so not adequate enough for this stage of the game. I like the looseness of Llama's play. He gets a little more serious when it matters, but he never gets too srsbsnss to the point that it feels forced. Bea's return to the game had a very good look to it. She spent a day with a posting quirk but her return shows that she didn't just use that as an excuse to take a day off. She showed that she was paying attention. I would expect a baddie at her prior level of activity to use that quirk to coast and just come back apologetic about checking out for too long.

I'd like to take this time to add to the conversation that my initial hunch on Bea's posting quirk had something to do with one of the Socky awards. The Socky has a few awards at their disposal, but we don't know what they do. My guess is that this role is like a Jack of All Trades and has a quiver of 1-shot power uses. The likeliest match would be Best Gambit. We won't know for sure until endgame though. It certainly could be the Vomp role, but I guess LoRab's death means we won't be getting anything more than E out of those tildes.

Civ-Leans:

-Eloh
-Golden
-Scotty
-Sloonei

I still feel like the suspicion of Eloh was overblown on D1. There was some speculation later about a townslip but I have to read back more for that. The other three all sound so darn supatown but I have to confess that I can't keep them straight in my head when reading the thread. ISO's will help. I don't know if it's a processing issue on my brain's part, but all their super-sleuthing voices run together in my head. It is frustrating and I don't know how to break myself of it. It happens in just about every game that I play- voices just merge in my head and I struggle to distinguish them as individuals. ISO'ing these folks is no picnic either, as they have posted an outsized share of the game thread. I still maintain that there's bound to be a baddie among the most talkative players. There almost always is. Otherwise the talkative players would eventually harmonize and the poe becomes simpler. Maybe there's more to distinguish them since this morning.
G-man kicks this post off by naming a towncore of llama and bea. He had been vocal about his "town read" on llama for a while. He had expressed no such read on Bea until this moment, Given that Bea looks not great elsewhere in G-man's post, I am inclined to read this as a bit of opportunism: Mafia G-Man sees that Mafia Bea is receiving town reads from others and hops on board with that. He gets a pass from needing to produce independent thoughts on her and she can continue to skate by. This theory may seem like a stretch, so I can simplify it: It looks weird for G-man to declare Bea as one of only two members of his "towncore" after previously expressing no clear read on her one way or another.

He also lists Eloh, Golden, Scotty, and myself as "civ-leans". This is interesting because he has elsewhere expressed general suspicion of the most vocal players in the game, a group which specifically contains each of Golden, Scotty, and myself, along with DharmaHelper, now SVS. I am inclined to read this in favor of both Scotty and Golden. G-man genuinely seems to be treating the three of us as a unit here. I believe him when he says he is having trouble distinguishing between our voices. If he had a teammate in that trio, he would probably be having less trouble separating them.
The town lean on Eloh is consistent with things he had said earlier in the game, but underwhelming and could potentially be a bad look for her.
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:42 pm
by G-Man
Inconclusive (But Not Necessarily in a Bad Way):
-DharmaHelper
-DrWilgy
-Quin

DH is a stone's throw away from the trio I just talked about. I always auto-sussed him due to his tone and a string of evil victories in the past, but that makes him mis-chop bait and I try to temper that. I'd like to ISO him first of all the big talkers. I was more comfortable voting for LoRab (sorry again for tying that vote up) because DH had his head in the game and at that point it would have been worse to lose DH as a civ player trying to break the game than to lose LoRab who hadn't contributed much by that point. DH can be a force and I want to see if I can determine if he is a force for good or evil.

Wilgy's lick thing was amusing and he continues to come across as harmless. His ISO will be helpful in showing me if he has contributed to game-solving at all today. That's going to become more important. Day 3 will start with us at 10 vs 4 since the 3P is dead. There's a little margin for error on D3, but we need folks to step it up or else the tension will mount and we run the risk of desperation mistakes on a D4 that's 8 vs 4.

Quin's voice is out there, but it's gotten lost for me in the sea of DH-Golden-Scotty-Sloonei content. I don't love that. I know Quin is capable of a slick baddie game, but I also don't remember feeling too cautious about him early on. I need to ISO him early as well. He's another one who can step things up when the game requires it, and the game is going to require it here soon.

Inconclusive (But Not Necessarily in a Good Way):
-Kate
-Michelle
-sig

Unlike Bea, Kate came back after a posting restriction and wasn't able to get her head in the game in a good way. I understand it's been forever since she's played and that can be a tough adjustment. Attitudes and personalities can make it even harder. But I didn't see much initially that suggested she was following the game with the intent of jumping right back into the fray. Granted, she seems to have been targeted by the baddie team with the OT Green posting, so maybe I shouldn't be as concerned with her. I hear the WIFOM argument of the baddies OT'ing a teammate, but on Night 1? It feels like a stretch to me.

Michelle's got content, but I still feel so blank to it. It's not meaty or fluffy. It just evaporates in my mind. Has she posted anything to chew on since this morning?

Sig is kind of the same way for me. There's content, but I remember none of it (except the in-joke stuff about him always getting chopped to early). I don't like forgetting about people by the end of D2.

Still a Null Read (And That Needs To Change)
-DFaraday
-VivAxe

Note- this category is not the bad list. It's just null, existing outside of reads and vibes.

DF hasn't posted much at all. As with LoRab, I'm not in good standing to bash low-posters, but it's troublesome for me. I can't get a read on you if you don't post. I think we have better points of discussion that are active right now, but I hate that lingering concern about a low-participation player becoming an easy target if we screw up D3 and get desperate.

VivAxe is still tricky for me. I tend to just shrug Axe off on D1's, so his departure leaves me with a day of nothingness on that slot. Vivax replaced in, but Vivax is new to me, so that compounds the nullness of it all. An ISO of D2 content should help move VivAxe into another category.
This is companion post to the above. DH, Quin, and Wilgy are all "inconclusive but not in a bad way." If I can take some liberties, I'll call these "light town reads" for G-man. I continue to feel like G-man's justification for voting LoRab over DH (reiterated in this post) is perhaps the wonkiest thing in the entire game. The DH write-up reads more like a string of excuses for his placement there, rather than a read.
He essentially has nothing to say about Wilgy other than that he intends to read him. I think Wilgy looks very good elsewhere in relation to G-man, and this post does nothing to move that.
G-man seems to have a more negative take on Quin than the other two in this category which is... odd. These are supposed to be favorable reads, but I don't get the impression that G-man is actually giving a favorable analysis of Quin here. It's not overtly bad, but it feels out of place.

Kate, Michelle, and Sig are the next grouping. I'll categorize these as null-to-light-mafia reads. I got a bit of a chuckle reading his take on Kate in hindsight. G-man reminds himself that she was targeted by OT Green. I think the fact that G-man is trying to maintain a negative read on her while bringing up his own curse reflects well on Kate. If they are partners, he is burying her twice for no good reason.
He says absolutely nothing about Michelle or Sig. Cool cool cool.
Ditto for DF and Vivax. G-man laments that the former had not posted enough, and that the latter is new to him. I could go either way on that. Meh. Moving on.
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:20 pm @G-Man DFaraday had the same posting curse as bea yesterday, if that changes your theory at all.
Valuable information there. I didn't catch that. Lemme go check. It's not like his ISO will take long. :D
G-man was more cognizant of the curse on Bea than on DF. This reflects poorly on Bea and well on DF.
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:58 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:52 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:47 pm I can see a Wilgy/GMan pairing
How?
Reading as I see it.
“Wilgy's lick thing was amusing and he continues to come across as harmless. His ISO will be helpful in showing me if he has contributed to game-solving at all today. That's going to become more important. Day 3 will start with us at 10 vs 4 since the 3P is dead. There's a little margin for error on D3, but we need folks to step it up or else the tension will mount and we run the risk of desperation mistakes on a D4 that's 8 vs 4.”

This read is wedged in his ‘inconclusive but not in a bad way’ . The second half of this explanation has nothing to do with Wilgy. The first half says nothing except he needs to look further at the ISO and Wilgy comes off as harmless.

Coming off as harmless is a red flag
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:53 pm Ugh, I can say the same thing about his read of Michelle and sig. GMan’s recent posts need some scrutiny and I’m not sure I’m going to get the chance
Vague they are, I know. I am still reading through the content from the afternoon. I'll get my head in the game. Thank God it's the weekend.
Scotty's call-out is too specific to be directed at a partner. G-man's response is too accommodating to be directed at a partner.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:30 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:59 pm Like…if you were to take the energy you’re putting into this guffawing and defensive hullabaloo you’re dishing out and put it into reading the game at large, I think we’d all be more productive

Verisimilitude is not the same as truth, but this post, after all the lengthy D2 chatter, puts Scotty over the edge for me and I have moved him into my towncore tier. The structure of this post strikes me as a legit civvie mindset from a place of pure focus. Looking back through at Scotty, his tone (for the most part) seems to be non-emotional without being emotionless. That's the lynchpin for my brain. There's logic with the desire to avoid getting sucked into the emotional side of the game. It's there, almost all the time. In this post alone, he's focused on one thing- moving the game forward. Is it a dig at DH, yes. But it's not an invitation to mud wrestle. It's a logical slap and request to rise above. If there is a baddie in the big talkers, I rule out Scotty. Golden and DH both got caught up in the emotional side of the game. That's not a putdown or a judgement on either of them. Emotion happens. And emotions are harder to cut through and interpret.

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:55 pm ISO of purely N1/D2 posts:

G-Man:
Says the Vivax lynch "simplifies" the game "for us". The rest is fairly fluffy/OT.

Overall Read - Not bothered to fuck with a guy who has IRL stuff he's doing, but also, miffed that he's not addressed my ISO from D1 so he's still suspicious to me.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:28 pm I suppose its not NOT insignificant that G-Man's most recent post continues to ignore the points against him but I guess thats cool.
In fast-moving games (most games, really) I tend to just keep pressing forward. This amplifies when I have to catch up. Your thoughts weren't worth my time the minute they were posted. Sure, on Day 1, we have to do something to try and make some luck and find a foothold or two. You posted thoughts, not a case. I can't punch holes in thoughts, but what you wrote was indicative of the need to hire a copy editor because it was a disastrous misreading of my posts. But you're not inside my head, are you? You misinterpreted some of what I wrote. It happens. Just because I don't stop and respond to your one thoughts post or all the mopey posts bemoaning the fact that I brushed you off doesn't mean a thing. I'm trying to move forward and get my nostrils above water in this game, so when you build a case, please @ me and I'll address it. Until then,

Your D2 content was as awkward to read at times as it is to listen to my sister yell at her children all the time because she has a short fuse. I like you better when you're posting snarky, confident TWD memes. Where did they go? Please chill out a little and bring them back. No mafia game is worth getting bent out of shape over. This goes for Golden as well. Learn to walk away, do some deep breathing, and reflect on what you wrote before you hit 'Submit.'
More townie points for Scotty.

G-man's response to DH is interesting. I can sense a real effort to de-escalate from G-man here, which would suggest that DH's frustration with him is being perceived as genuine. That would reflect well on DH/SVS, since G-man would have no reason to assume that his own teammate is mad at him for "misreading" him. Slightly good look for DH/SVS, but not good enough to completely undo some of the previous negative points. It is possible this is just an effective bit of play acting from G-man.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:17 am
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:38 pm I don't have enough time to dig through Day 2 ISO's, so these are at-a-glance notes on the poll:

- Kate's DH vote is an OMGUS. Night 2 posts scream 'not teammates'.
- DH's DH vote is DH. DH. DH. DH's DH DH. Potential NP candidate with a flair for the dramatic.

- Sloonei's LoRab vote justified with it "making more sense", immediately after Wilgy switches to me. What made more sense?
- G-Man's LoRab vote gave the Moderator power over the lynch before Wilgy's switcheroo. Can't read alignment off this, but pretty awful reasoning.

- llama votes Quin and is the anti-Sloonei. Sloonei says I'm good regardless of what llama says. llama says I'm bad regardless of what Sloonei says. Definitely not temmies, unless the point is to keep me in the forefront as a failsafe if a different teammate gets too much heat.
- Wilgy votes Quin because ???. He also discourages ties. But Wilgy loves ties, it is know-en. Licks.

- sig didn't vote. His last post says "we should be looking out for those who don't vote as the NP target". Potential NP target.

Outcomes of this are that either sig or DH was the NP target, Wilgy looks worse, G-Man has earned greater attention from me, there is Kate/DH and llama/Sloonei spaghetti to be untangled, but up to 2 mafia in that lot.
Valid observation in pink. I'd also say off the way D2 went down that I have a hard time seeing DH and Golden being w/w. That stuff got too deep and awkward to be contrived.
Does Mafia G-man respond to a minor point from Mafia Quin simply to express agreement? Maybe. But it's a very subtle interaction between teammates if so. I tend to believe that posts like this are more likely to come from a mafioso reacting to a town player. That is just a hunch though, and I have no data to back it up. I'll call it the slightest of good looks for Quin.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:43 am Virtue seems to have been absent for me last night.

@DharmaHelper my post at you sounded witty and snarky in my head at 12:30 a.m., but my brain woke me up over it twice last night. Now it reads more like a nasty asshole wrote it. That is not what I aspire to be. I apologize.

The salient point is that I brush past individual observations like yours most of the time and only slow down when it seems like misinterpretations and mischaracterizations are catching on as either a spreading theory or groupthink. You had a lot of points about me that were wrong but it would have been too much time and effort to slow down and refute that many points. Too much micro-focus on stuff like that is also something baddies fall into. I have the luxury of not needing to worry about little details that much because I am a civvie.

Sorry if my post pushed you further to or further over the edge.
G-man goes a step farther and apologizes to DH in case he has caused any offense. That is a good look for DH/SVS. See above if you care enough to be reading this right now.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm Vigorous day of ISO'ing ahead for me (but I have some work to do as well). I'm starting with the ISO's that are less extensive. Before I get to the first few, I'll be referencing this image for vote analysis, even though there isn't a whole lot to work with yet because of the D1 switch.

I'm working from the assumption that the baddies have not NK'd one of their own. Points have been made to rationalize the mafia's kill choices as safe plays. It also makes no sense from a baddie's perspective to diminish your ratio and extend the game so early on.

D1's switch got rid of the 3P, but it also robs us of taking a results-oriented look at the day. Everyone who received votes on D1 is still alive.

Random facts that I saw but don't mean anything yet: 1) three of the four D1 Sloonei voters are all now dead; 2) Quin & Sloonei are the only people whose votes match each other for both days.

I also made an old-school role poe chart, but I don't know if I should share it or if it will be too useful for the baddies as well.

Now then, on to some ISO's. I'm trying to formulate a town core without leaving too many people in the sus pile. Assuming 4 baddies in the game and 14 players left, my goal is to have a poe of no greater than six just because we don't have enough margin for error to consider too wide a poe pool.

BEA:
Overall, her ISO looks pretty good. A little lean on game-relevant content but she was easing back into things. Her worst post looks to be the one where she expressed dismay about not wanting to vote for any of the trains involved in a three-way tie at the time with what she thought was only 30 minutes to go, but her very next post may well be a townslip in which she realizes (via someone's response) that there was another 24 hours left on the poll. Could it be manufactured? Sure. But I don't know that baddies either 1) forget the poll deadline, or 2) try to fake that sort of slip. She spends D2 with letter weirdness but she jumped back into the game strong, showing that she didn't use the phase as a coasting opportunity. Good look there. The only curious thing that stands out to me otherwise is her habit of declaring the OG folks as being 'on point' for their years-ago meta. She used that phrase a few times when evaluating.

Votes: Missed D1, VivAxe D2 (@bea Why VivAxe again? Was it more Viv or more Axe? I don't see your vote declared in your ISO.)

DF:
Posts a promise-to-catch-up post at the end of N0, misses all of D1, has a right (imo) read on Eloh. Also cursed with switched vowels D2. Another promise post, and then a post in which he says that LoRab's tone reminds him of her past baddie tone and he votes for her. That's it. Four posts. @DFaraday Now that you are not cursed, can you point to a few of LoRab's posts that led you to the wrong conclusion about her tone meta? DF is about as inconclusive as it gets. With no real room for null reads at this point, I have to put him in my poe. It's not because I find him suspicious, but because I have no reason to townclear him based on his content thus far.

Votes: Missed D1, LoRab D2

DrWilgy:
He miss N0, which is neither here nor there. The lick thing was cute, but also ISO'ing reveals that it was inconsistent. His first few licks are for people he voted for. Then the licks seem to switch to take on a positive (?) connotation. @DrWilgy Can you please pause the goofiness to explain the licking thing? He makes a comment about Michelle being bad for not having solved things yet; I take this to be a joke. Otherwise it's a conspicuous break in his shtick. There's a lot of explaining what people tasted like when he licked them. I don't know what to make of his comments on how Eloh and Viv tasted. That was his D1. Nothing useful. D2 he seems to latch onto sig but then backtracks. Late in the day D2 he admits to having no conclusions on the game yet. He later seems to enjoy the tension and chaos of eod, but then wasn't keen on letting the moderator break the tie. If this were D2, I'd give Wilgy a null read, but this is D3 and the whimsical nature of his game so far hasn't been very productive. All those licks and he hasn't gotten to the center of a single player's Tootsie Pop yet to form a read? It's enough to leave me unable to townclear him.

Votes: Golden D1, Quin D2

Elohcin:
I still think the D1 sus of her was overblown at best and disingenuous at worst. I hope to source the origin of her train through these ISO's. She was sus of Vivax 1.0 and Sloonei. She continued to be sus of Sloonei D2, and there is the supposed townslip. Despite Sloonei sus, she turns her attention and vote to LoRab for her unhelpfulness and tone. Now she is OT Green for the day. @Elohcin What is the state of your Sloonei suspicion? I still feel good about her. Maybe her vote for LoRab could be read as advantageous, but I haven't seen the 'agreeable tell' like I think I remember.

Votes: Sloonei D1, LoRab D2

Kate:
She spends D1 sus on Scotty. This looks wrongheaded to me now, so I am curious if her read on him changed. @Kate What's your current opinion on Scotty? I feel ashamed to say that I don't remember Kate's playstyle at all. Perhaps it's just been that long. The level of sass took me by surprise, but we were a sassy bunch back in those days. She was OT Green for D2, but she got a few non-OT posts off at the start of the day. This makes me ponder if Kate had an OG townslip here. I understand the tinfoil theory about baddies OT'ing their own to buy them space, but it doesn't seem like Kate was suddenly in danger of falling onto the radar in a bad way. Also, if a baddie is OT'd, I don't think that they make the mistake of rattling off a few non-OT posts like that. The rest of D2 was lost to OT Green. N2 she comes in hot and mixes it up with a few people, DH the most. Overall, there seems to be a fair amount of culture clash and adjustment for Kate. Not surprising for a deep OG player. I can see the difficulty with how different the game is now being a talking point that a baddie could exploit, but her frustration seems genuine and I still doubt that a baddie goofs up on the OT bit at the start of the day. Not a lock, but that possible townslip is more than enough for me to keep her out of the poe.

Votes: Scotty D1, DH D2
Look at all this content. That's my favorite thing. I'll respond to each of G-man's reads individually.

Bea - G-man attempts to frame Bea's forgetfulness of the deadline time earlier in the game as a townslip. Nothing in my experience suggests that mistakes about deadline times are more (or less) likely to come from town players. Anyone can make a mistake like that. Bea has still not looked town once in G-man's posts.

DF - I get the impression that G-man is trying to leave DF open as an available vote option if needed. I don't get the sense that he is either trying to protect a low-activity partner, or drive a bus over him. DF's contributions have been the lightest of any player in this game. G-man was looking at him like my dog used to look at us at the dinner table.

DrWilgy - G-man continues to express uncertainty about DrWilgy's entire presence in this game, and then leaves him as a not-town read. I think this is a good look for Wilgy. G-man is looking for good mischop candidates, and he evidently feels he has found one in Wilgy. It's probably enough for me to townclear him.

Elohcin - G-man's "read" on Eloh is more like a book report. He just kinda lists things that have happened around her in the game and then drops a vague "I still feel good about her" at the end. This could be one teammate defending another, but I'm not sure it feels that way. Eloh is in no particular danger at this stage of the game, and G-man is already on the record as town reading her. If they are teammates, he can probably come up with something more detailed than what he produces here. Instead this feels like a mafia member attempting to appear like he's trying to develop a town read on a town player.

Kate - I actually think G-man raises a legitimate, valid point about Kate "townslipping" by not noticing that she was cursed at the start of Day 2. We also know now that G-man had plenty of reason to be extra sensitive to that particular curse. I don't think Kate and G-man are teammates.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:35 pm Vamoosing for a bit to get some work done (because, like it or not, playing mafia doesn't pay the bills). Here's where my ISO's stand so far:

Towncore:
-Bea
-Eloh
-G-Man
-Kate

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy

More to come tonight.
I remain inclined to read both members of his POE as town.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:14 am Various read on the other manageable ISO's:

Michelle:
Other than a handful of posts where she posts a stance on a few players with no supporting information, Michelle collects in-the-moment vote counts. I like vote analysis, but I'm not sure I've ever gone so far as to seek out that level of detail. This leaves her D1 as a mixed bag at best. She checks out for D2, which is suboptimal. It doesn't look like she's even shown up for D3 yet. Michelle is more like Mehchelle. There was RL travel, I get that, but she didn't leave much to chew on overall. Not worthy of a town read.

Votes: Eloh D1, Missed D2

NAA/Vivax 2.0:
NAA is a bit cryptic, holds his cards close to the vest, and is punchy-awkward. He stirs the pot and then claims rolefishing. I've grown used to just looking past NAA on D1's that I feel nothing from his ISO. Vivax 2.0, however, is a different story. While I am still trying to get a feel for this ne-to-me player, they're chugging along at their own pace and producing content. Their reads differ quite a bit from mine in places, but it's okay to live outside of an echo chamber in this game. Let's see where this one goes.

Votes: Eloh D1, Quin D2

Quin:
Yikes. His D1 saw him sussing Eloh and Scotty, who are both outside of my poe by a sizeable margin. After circling back to Eloh & Scotty a few times he zags and votes DH. Then there's a lot of posting without much flavor to it, but it's at least stirred some conversation. I'm leery that Quin is more than capable of keeping this kind of dancing around the radar as a baddie. His posts go in and out of focus almost as they need to. I'd say it's not strong enough to evade the poe yet.

Votes: Eloh D1, LoRab D2

Sig:
Sig's ISO feels a lot like Quin's ISO, except that I liked it more. Most of it feels authentic, though his voting record sucks and I agree that it's not comforting to see him appear willing to coast today due to his posting affliction. It's soft, but I'll nudge him up out of the poe.

Votes: sig D1, Missed D2

Running on fumes now, so let me get to the big talkers quick.
Michelle - G-man's read of Michelle is not unfair, and I have trouble reading too much into it either way. He does not grant her a town read, but I don't think he would be that generous with all his teammates. This tells me very little about the relationship between G-man and Michelle, which is a shame because there have been very few mentions of her in here. Maybe that is significant.

NAA/Vivax2.0 - I am sensing very little effort from G-man to produce a read on this slot. Sure, Vivax is new to him. But it's not like Vivax hasn't been vocal in this game. I feel like G-man should be able to say more about Vivax after looking at his ISO here. I find this especially compelling when G-man is at a stage where he should, theoretically, be looking for "suspects" that he can push. That he is not touching the newcomer with somewhat idiosyncratic views is not a great look.

Quin - G-man finally seems to arrive at a decidedly negative view of Quin. Hooray. While my kneejerk reaction is to call this a good look for Quin, I want to walk that back a bit. Both of these players are in a position here where some distancing would be a good idea if they're partners. They've both been in the vicinity of the chopping block at some point in the game. The writing would be on the wall that one of them is likely to die soon. It would not look great if that happened and they were seen sticking up for each other.

Sig - G-man literally says the following: "Sig's ISO feels a lot like Quin's ISO, except that I liked it more." What? Bah. I feel like one of these two is mafia. This is goofy.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:28 am Vocal players are vocal. Here's my two cents:

-Scotty should be in everyone's towncore. His logic and non-emotional approach is what is needed to win the game. Fight me.

-DH's emotions got the better of him and I just don't see that coming from a baddie DH who wasn't cornered yet. S~V~S (*waves*) made a good point about how DH would use the baddie chat to vent. If you have a chat, that's where one vents to keep you from going all Johnny Fairplay with the AtE. I read DH as town and S~V~S gets a heaping portion of benefit of the doubt as a result. I haven't seen anything tricksy from her yet, and I've witnessed her tricksy firsthand before.

-I said a while back that there's got to be a baddie among the big talkers or else this game would harmonize. That leaves Sloonei and Golden. Since my efforts are already eliciting snickers and eyerolls, I suspect my name is the only real option on the chopping block today. That's fine. Take that and learn from it, but be sure to Thunderdome Sloonei and Golden at some point soon, because one of them has to be bad or this game is whack. Golden got a little emotional right back at DH Night 2, and Sloonei is the inverse- that sort of emotionless Spock thing.

All four of these folks are game-solving (which is what I was going for when I said supatown- don't get hung up on semantics), but there's gotta be a baddie in there. Weeding out Scotty and DH/S~V~S, and that pushes both Sloonei and Golden into the poe for Thunderdome.

Not the POE (because Towncore is apparently too strong a term for casual use):
-Bea
-DH/S~V~S
-Eloh
-Kate
-Scotty
-Sig
-VivAxe

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy
-Golden the Coward
-Michelle
-Quin
-Sloonei

All names are in alphabetical order. I can parse through my notes in the morning to try to rank them in a more concrete fashion. Right now I need sleep (and a new dehumidifier).
This is where I got the sense that G-man wanted to drive a wedge between the most vocal players by insisting that one of us is bad. He specifically names myself and Golden here. I do not believe Golden is mafia. I believe this was nonsense from G-man.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:17 pm Village reads of mine are the only folks with votes. What’s a guy to do?

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine
Votes for Quin. I do not view this in Quin's favor. G-man has a choice between distancing and self-preservation here. His effort level suggests distancing. But I am not certain of that.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:28 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:39 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:09 pm I think the baddies were sitting back, figuring they could spend two days taking out DH and then maybe even Kate when DH flipped civ.

So there’s a little scrambling going on here.

We really need to lynch a baddie today. There are 3, maybe 4, people I won’t vote for, and I would rather not vote for the insanified.

But although I still feel GMan is not his civ self, I could move.
I think at this point, no mercy should be given to someone with the simple letter switching insanity. It’s common knowledge since Day 2 when bea and DF got it.
Michelle and sig should get no passes today because of their affliction
Visceral instinct told me not to vote Michelle even though I find her a little more suspicious than Quin because it would be viewed as poor form to start a chop train on a player with a posting restriction. It's a pretty old-school mindset, but I get where you're coming from. She failed to vote, so it's her own fault for the posting restriction. Definitely be wary of anyone else 'accidentally' missing the vote from here on out. Show no mercy!

Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:28 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:35 pm Vamoosing for a bit to get some work done (because, like it or not, playing mafia doesn't pay the bills). Here's where my ISO's stand so far:

Towncore:
-Bea
-Eloh
-G-Man
-Kate

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy

More to come tonight.
It always gives me the heebie-jeebies when someone puts themself in their own town core.
It's a bit of old-school whimsy, you ninny. Trying to keep it as light as I can when I'm on the hot seat, you know? Besides, did anyone get weird about it when Llama did it?
G-man justified voting for Quin over Michelle by citing her posting curse. Note that no one asked him. But I do not object to that at face value. I am not sure what it says about either of their alignments. It suggests, at the very least, that G-man is conscious of the optics of his vote.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:09 pm Voting for Sloonei in this situation feels superfluous, so I don't think I will change my vote.

If I'm right about one of Golden the Coward or Sloonei being a big-talking baddie, then the risk of mischopping a town Slooeni today in a choice between me and him is that D4 will just be another round of "G-Man is obvs bad" and productive conversation will die. You'll mischop me and wind up in a D5 mylo. I'd rather be the mischop today and keep productive conversation alive than being the mischop de jure tomorrow that pushes us into mylo.
This is another wacky mental gymnastics post. It tells me that G-man had either surrendered, or was going for the WIFOM approach to try to stay alive. "If he was mafia, he'd be fighting harder", etc. I don't think he had totally surrendered, but he was definitely conscious of how his posts would look post-flip.

----------------------------------

And that brings us to the end of G-man's ISO.

Here is a rainbow list of everyone based purely on G-man's interactions with them in his posts:

DrWilgy
Golden

Scotty
Kate
DFaraday

Elohcin
DH/SVS
Sig
Michelle
Quin
NAA/Vivax

Bea

Tiers are loosely ordered based on however I felt like arranging them in the moment. Feel free to ask me about specifics if you don't feel like reading this whole monstrosity.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:02 pm “The middle tier of Vivax, Eloh, Michelle, and Quin get aggressively neutral stances. G-man does little more than list their names here. Now that's a group that likely contains a bad guy.”

Which of those names, gun to head, do you think it likely is?
Vivax
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:51 pm
Can someone explain this strategy to me a little more in depth and more clearly?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 154

Post by S~V~S »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:29 pm
Can someone explain this strategy to me a little more in depth and more clearly?
Yeah, ^^ this. Not seeing how this is a good thing as I understand it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

POE = Process of Elimination

Players "in our POE" are players we can't clear as town. It's still possible to read those players as town, but without significant evidence in their favor. Someone like Sig right now, for me at least. By talking about players in our POE and which we think are town we can A) work toward eliminating more players from the pool of suspects, and B) potentially draw the mafia kill to a player in our POE.

I don't know if that is actually what Vivax was proposing. But that's the gist of it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Okay so, (and I’ll say I don’t agree with it or think it’ll work anyway) but this is the scenario.

You basically hard core town clear your iffy town reads/null reads in the hopes mafia will say “player X is in the town core lets kill them” while in reality you suspected them. At least after thinking about it I’m pretty sure that’s what he means.

Now I don’t think this’ll work and I think it makes town players seem disingenuous/easier to flip flop BUT it’s really a cultural thing I’d say.
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:16 pm Volume II of my G-man Study (see Volume I here):
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm
by G-Man

When I left off, I was trying to form a towncore. What I was left with sucks, even for a starter kit:

Towncore:

-bea
-thellama73

That's it, and it is so not adequate enough for this stage of the game. I like the looseness of Llama's play. He gets a little more serious when it matters, but he never gets too srsbsnss to the point that it feels forced. Bea's return to the game had a very good look to it. She spent a day with a posting quirk but her return shows that she didn't just use that as an excuse to take a day off. She showed that she was paying attention. I would expect a baddie at her prior level of activity to use that quirk to coast and just come back apologetic about checking out for too long.

I'd like to take this time to add to the conversation that my initial hunch on Bea's posting quirk had something to do with one of the Socky awards. The Socky has a few awards at their disposal, but we don't know what they do. My guess is that this role is like a Jack of All Trades and has a quiver of 1-shot power uses. The likeliest match would be Best Gambit. We won't know for sure until endgame though. It certainly could be the Vomp role, but I guess LoRab's death means we won't be getting anything more than E out of those tildes.

Civ-Leans:

-Eloh
-Golden
-Scotty
-Sloonei

I still feel like the suspicion of Eloh was overblown on D1. There was some speculation later about a townslip but I have to read back more for that. The other three all sound so darn supatown but I have to confess that I can't keep them straight in my head when reading the thread. ISO's will help. I don't know if it's a processing issue on my brain's part, but all their super-sleuthing voices run together in my head. It is frustrating and I don't know how to break myself of it. It happens in just about every game that I play- voices just merge in my head and I struggle to distinguish them as individuals. ISO'ing these folks is no picnic either, as they have posted an outsized share of the game thread. I still maintain that there's bound to be a baddie among the most talkative players. There almost always is. Otherwise the talkative players would eventually harmonize and the poe becomes simpler. Maybe there's more to distinguish them since this morning.
G-man kicks this post off by naming a towncore of llama and bea. He had been vocal about his "town read" on llama for a while. He had expressed no such read on Bea until this moment, Given that Bea looks not great elsewhere in G-man's post, I am inclined to read this as a bit of opportunism: Mafia G-Man sees that Mafia Bea is receiving town reads from others and hops on board with that. He gets a pass from needing to produce independent thoughts on her and she can continue to skate by. This theory may seem like a stretch, so I can simplify it: It looks weird for G-man to declare Bea as one of only two members of his "towncore" after previously expressing no clear read on her one way or another.

He also lists Eloh, Golden, Scotty, and myself as "civ-leans". This is interesting because he has elsewhere expressed general suspicion of the most vocal players in the game, a group which specifically contains each of Golden, Scotty, and myself, along with DharmaHelper, now SVS. I am inclined to read this in favor of both Scotty and Golden. G-man genuinely seems to be treating the three of us as a unit here. I believe him when he says he is having trouble distinguishing between our voices. If he had a teammate in that trio, he would probably be having less trouble separating them.
The town lean on Eloh is consistent with things he had said earlier in the game, but underwhelming and could potentially be a bad look for her.
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:42 pm
by G-Man
Inconclusive (But Not Necessarily in a Bad Way):
-DharmaHelper
-DrWilgy
-Quin

DH is a stone's throw away from the trio I just talked about. I always auto-sussed him due to his tone and a string of evil victories in the past, but that makes him mis-chop bait and I try to temper that. I'd like to ISO him first of all the big talkers. I was more comfortable voting for LoRab (sorry again for tying that vote up) because DH had his head in the game and at that point it would have been worse to lose DH as a civ player trying to break the game than to lose LoRab who hadn't contributed much by that point. DH can be a force and I want to see if I can determine if he is a force for good or evil.

Wilgy's lick thing was amusing and he continues to come across as harmless. His ISO will be helpful in showing me if he has contributed to game-solving at all today. That's going to become more important. Day 3 will start with us at 10 vs 4 since the 3P is dead. There's a little margin for error on D3, but we need folks to step it up or else the tension will mount and we run the risk of desperation mistakes on a D4 that's 8 vs 4.

Quin's voice is out there, but it's gotten lost for me in the sea of DH-Golden-Scotty-Sloonei content. I don't love that. I know Quin is capable of a slick baddie game, but I also don't remember feeling too cautious about him early on. I need to ISO him early as well. He's another one who can step things up when the game requires it, and the game is going to require it here soon.

Inconclusive (But Not Necessarily in a Good Way):
-Kate
-Michelle
-sig

Unlike Bea, Kate came back after a posting restriction and wasn't able to get her head in the game in a good way. I understand it's been forever since she's played and that can be a tough adjustment. Attitudes and personalities can make it even harder. But I didn't see much initially that suggested she was following the game with the intent of jumping right back into the fray. Granted, she seems to have been targeted by the baddie team with the OT Green posting, so maybe I shouldn't be as concerned with her. I hear the WIFOM argument of the baddies OT'ing a teammate, but on Night 1? It feels like a stretch to me.

Michelle's got content, but I still feel so blank to it. It's not meaty or fluffy. It just evaporates in my mind. Has she posted anything to chew on since this morning?

Sig is kind of the same way for me. There's content, but I remember none of it (except the in-joke stuff about him always getting chopped to early). I don't like forgetting about people by the end of D2.

Still a Null Read (And That Needs To Change)
-DFaraday
-VivAxe

Note- this category is not the bad list. It's just null, existing outside of reads and vibes.

DF hasn't posted much at all. As with LoRab, I'm not in good standing to bash low-posters, but it's troublesome for me. I can't get a read on you if you don't post. I think we have better points of discussion that are active right now, but I hate that lingering concern about a low-participation player becoming an easy target if we screw up D3 and get desperate.

VivAxe is still tricky for me. I tend to just shrug Axe off on D1's, so his departure leaves me with a day of nothingness on that slot. Vivax replaced in, but Vivax is new to me, so that compounds the nullness of it all. An ISO of D2 content should help move VivAxe into another category.
This is companion post to the above. DH, Quin, and Wilgy are all "inconclusive but not in a bad way." If I can take some liberties, I'll call these "light town reads" for G-man. I continue to feel like G-man's justification for voting LoRab over DH (reiterated in this post) is perhaps the wonkiest thing in the entire game. The DH write-up reads more like a string of excuses for his placement there, rather than a read.
He essentially has nothing to say about Wilgy other than that he intends to read him. I think Wilgy looks very good elsewhere in relation to G-man, and this post does nothing to move that.
G-man seems to have a more negative take on Quin than the other two in this category which is... odd. These are supposed to be favorable reads, but I don't get the impression that G-man is actually giving a favorable analysis of Quin here. It's not overtly bad, but it feels out of place.

Kate, Michelle, and Sig are the next grouping. I'll categorize these as null-to-light-mafia reads. I got a bit of a chuckle reading his take on Kate in hindsight. G-man reminds himself that she was targeted by OT Green. I think the fact that G-man is trying to maintain a negative read on her while bringing up his own curse reflects well on Kate. If they are partners, he is burying her twice for no good reason.
He says absolutely nothing about Michelle or Sig. Cool cool cool.
Ditto for DF and Vivax. G-man laments that the former had not posted enough, and that the latter is new to him. I could go either way on that. Meh. Moving on.
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:20 pm @G-Man DFaraday had the same posting curse as bea yesterday, if that changes your theory at all.
Valuable information there. I didn't catch that. Lemme go check. It's not like his ISO will take long. :D
G-man was more cognizant of the curse on Bea than on DF. This reflects poorly on Bea and well on DF.
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:58 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:52 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:47 pm I can see a Wilgy/GMan pairing
How?
Reading as I see it.
“Wilgy's lick thing was amusing and he continues to come across as harmless. His ISO will be helpful in showing me if he has contributed to game-solving at all today. That's going to become more important. Day 3 will start with us at 10 vs 4 since the 3P is dead. There's a little margin for error on D3, but we need folks to step it up or else the tension will mount and we run the risk of desperation mistakes on a D4 that's 8 vs 4.”

This read is wedged in his ‘inconclusive but not in a bad way’ . The second half of this explanation has nothing to do with Wilgy. The first half says nothing except he needs to look further at the ISO and Wilgy comes off as harmless.

Coming off as harmless is a red flag
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:53 pm Ugh, I can say the same thing about his read of Michelle and sig. GMan’s recent posts need some scrutiny and I’m not sure I’m going to get the chance
Vague they are, I know. I am still reading through the content from the afternoon. I'll get my head in the game. Thank God it's the weekend.
Scotty's call-out is too specific to be directed at a partner. G-man's response is too accommodating to be directed at a partner.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:30 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:59 pm Like…if you were to take the energy you’re putting into this guffawing and defensive hullabaloo you’re dishing out and put it into reading the game at large, I think we’d all be more productive

Verisimilitude is not the same as truth, but this post, after all the lengthy D2 chatter, puts Scotty over the edge for me and I have moved him into my towncore tier. The structure of this post strikes me as a legit civvie mindset from a place of pure focus. Looking back through at Scotty, his tone (for the most part) seems to be non-emotional without being emotionless. That's the lynchpin for my brain. There's logic with the desire to avoid getting sucked into the emotional side of the game. It's there, almost all the time. In this post alone, he's focused on one thing- moving the game forward. Is it a dig at DH, yes. But it's not an invitation to mud wrestle. It's a logical slap and request to rise above. If there is a baddie in the big talkers, I rule out Scotty. Golden and DH both got caught up in the emotional side of the game. That's not a putdown or a judgement on either of them. Emotion happens. And emotions are harder to cut through and interpret.

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:55 pm ISO of purely N1/D2 posts:

G-Man:
Says the Vivax lynch "simplifies" the game "for us". The rest is fairly fluffy/OT.

Overall Read - Not bothered to fuck with a guy who has IRL stuff he's doing, but also, miffed that he's not addressed my ISO from D1 so he's still suspicious to me.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:28 pm I suppose its not NOT insignificant that G-Man's most recent post continues to ignore the points against him but I guess thats cool.
In fast-moving games (most games, really) I tend to just keep pressing forward. This amplifies when I have to catch up. Your thoughts weren't worth my time the minute they were posted. Sure, on Day 1, we have to do something to try and make some luck and find a foothold or two. You posted thoughts, not a case. I can't punch holes in thoughts, but what you wrote was indicative of the need to hire a copy editor because it was a disastrous misreading of my posts. But you're not inside my head, are you? You misinterpreted some of what I wrote. It happens. Just because I don't stop and respond to your one thoughts post or all the mopey posts bemoaning the fact that I brushed you off doesn't mean a thing. I'm trying to move forward and get my nostrils above water in this game, so when you build a case, please @ me and I'll address it. Until then,

Your D2 content was as awkward to read at times as it is to listen to my sister yell at her children all the time because she has a short fuse. I like you better when you're posting snarky, confident TWD memes. Where did they go? Please chill out a little and bring them back. No mafia game is worth getting bent out of shape over. This goes for Golden as well. Learn to walk away, do some deep breathing, and reflect on what you wrote before you hit 'Submit.'
More townie points for Scotty.

G-man's response to DH is interesting. I can sense a real effort to de-escalate from G-man here, which would suggest that DH's frustration with him is being perceived as genuine. That would reflect well on DH/SVS, since G-man would have no reason to assume that his own teammate is mad at him for "misreading" him. Slightly good look for DH/SVS, but not good enough to completely undo some of the previous negative points. It is possible this is just an effective bit of play acting from G-man.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:17 am
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:38 pm I don't have enough time to dig through Day 2 ISO's, so these are at-a-glance notes on the poll:

- Kate's DH vote is an OMGUS. Night 2 posts scream 'not teammates'.
- DH's DH vote is DH. DH. DH. DH's DH DH. Potential NP candidate with a flair for the dramatic.

- Sloonei's LoRab vote justified with it "making more sense", immediately after Wilgy switches to me. What made more sense?
- G-Man's LoRab vote gave the Moderator power over the lynch before Wilgy's switcheroo. Can't read alignment off this, but pretty awful reasoning.

- llama votes Quin and is the anti-Sloonei. Sloonei says I'm good regardless of what llama says. llama says I'm bad regardless of what Sloonei says. Definitely not temmies, unless the point is to keep me in the forefront as a failsafe if a different teammate gets too much heat.
- Wilgy votes Quin because ???. He also discourages ties. But Wilgy loves ties, it is know-en. Licks.

- sig didn't vote. His last post says "we should be looking out for those who don't vote as the NP target". Potential NP target.

Outcomes of this are that either sig or DH was the NP target, Wilgy looks worse, G-Man has earned greater attention from me, there is Kate/DH and llama/Sloonei spaghetti to be untangled, but up to 2 mafia in that lot.
Valid observation in pink. I'd also say off the way D2 went down that I have a hard time seeing DH and Golden being w/w. That stuff got too deep and awkward to be contrived.
Does Mafia G-man respond to a minor point from Mafia Quin simply to express agreement? Maybe. But it's a very subtle interaction between teammates if so. I tend to believe that posts like this are more likely to come from a mafioso reacting to a town player. That is just a hunch though, and I have no data to back it up. I'll call it the slightest of good looks for Quin.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:43 am Virtue seems to have been absent for me last night.

@DharmaHelper my post at you sounded witty and snarky in my head at 12:30 a.m., but my brain woke me up over it twice last night. Now it reads more like a nasty asshole wrote it. That is not what I aspire to be. I apologize.

The salient point is that I brush past individual observations like yours most of the time and only slow down when it seems like misinterpretations and mischaracterizations are catching on as either a spreading theory or groupthink. You had a lot of points about me that were wrong but it would have been too much time and effort to slow down and refute that many points. Too much micro-focus on stuff like that is also something baddies fall into. I have the luxury of not needing to worry about little details that much because I am a civvie.

Sorry if my post pushed you further to or further over the edge.
G-man goes a step farther and apologizes to DH in case he has caused any offense. That is a good look for DH/SVS. See above if you care enough to be reading this right now.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm Vigorous day of ISO'ing ahead for me (but I have some work to do as well). I'm starting with the ISO's that are less extensive. Before I get to the first few, I'll be referencing this image for vote analysis, even though there isn't a whole lot to work with yet because of the D1 switch.

I'm working from the assumption that the baddies have not NK'd one of their own. Points have been made to rationalize the mafia's kill choices as safe plays. It also makes no sense from a baddie's perspective to diminish your ratio and extend the game so early on.

D1's switch got rid of the 3P, but it also robs us of taking a results-oriented look at the day. Everyone who received votes on D1 is still alive.

Random facts that I saw but don't mean anything yet: 1) three of the four D1 Sloonei voters are all now dead; 2) Quin & Sloonei are the only people whose votes match each other for both days.

I also made an old-school role poe chart, but I don't know if I should share it or if it will be too useful for the baddies as well.

Now then, on to some ISO's. I'm trying to formulate a town core without leaving too many people in the sus pile. Assuming 4 baddies in the game and 14 players left, my goal is to have a poe of no greater than six just because we don't have enough margin for error to consider too wide a poe pool.

BEA:
Overall, her ISO looks pretty good. A little lean on game-relevant content but she was easing back into things. Her worst post looks to be the one where she expressed dismay about not wanting to vote for any of the trains involved in a three-way tie at the time with what she thought was only 30 minutes to go, but her very next post may well be a townslip in which she realizes (via someone's response) that there was another 24 hours left on the poll. Could it be manufactured? Sure. But I don't know that baddies either 1) forget the poll deadline, or 2) try to fake that sort of slip. She spends D2 with letter weirdness but she jumped back into the game strong, showing that she didn't use the phase as a coasting opportunity. Good look there. The only curious thing that stands out to me otherwise is her habit of declaring the OG folks as being 'on point' for their years-ago meta. She used that phrase a few times when evaluating.

Votes: Missed D1, VivAxe D2 (@bea Why VivAxe again? Was it more Viv or more Axe? I don't see your vote declared in your ISO.)

DF:
Posts a promise-to-catch-up post at the end of N0, misses all of D1, has a right (imo) read on Eloh. Also cursed with switched vowels D2. Another promise post, and then a post in which he says that LoRab's tone reminds him of her past baddie tone and he votes for her. That's it. Four posts. @DFaraday Now that you are not cursed, can you point to a few of LoRab's posts that led you to the wrong conclusion about her tone meta? DF is about as inconclusive as it gets. With no real room for null reads at this point, I have to put him in my poe. It's not because I find him suspicious, but because I have no reason to townclear him based on his content thus far.

Votes: Missed D1, LoRab D2

DrWilgy:
He miss N0, which is neither here nor there. The lick thing was cute, but also ISO'ing reveals that it was inconsistent. His first few licks are for people he voted for. Then the licks seem to switch to take on a positive (?) connotation. @DrWilgy Can you please pause the goofiness to explain the licking thing? He makes a comment about Michelle being bad for not having solved things yet; I take this to be a joke. Otherwise it's a conspicuous break in his shtick. There's a lot of explaining what people tasted like when he licked them. I don't know what to make of his comments on how Eloh and Viv tasted. That was his D1. Nothing useful. D2 he seems to latch onto sig but then backtracks. Late in the day D2 he admits to having no conclusions on the game yet. He later seems to enjoy the tension and chaos of eod, but then wasn't keen on letting the moderator break the tie. If this were D2, I'd give Wilgy a null read, but this is D3 and the whimsical nature of his game so far hasn't been very productive. All those licks and he hasn't gotten to the center of a single player's Tootsie Pop yet to form a read? It's enough to leave me unable to townclear him.

Votes: Golden D1, Quin D2

Elohcin:
I still think the D1 sus of her was overblown at best and disingenuous at worst. I hope to source the origin of her train through these ISO's. She was sus of Vivax 1.0 and Sloonei. She continued to be sus of Sloonei D2, and there is the supposed townslip. Despite Sloonei sus, she turns her attention and vote to LoRab for her unhelpfulness and tone. Now she is OT Green for the day. @Elohcin What is the state of your Sloonei suspicion? I still feel good about her. Maybe her vote for LoRab could be read as advantageous, but I haven't seen the 'agreeable tell' like I think I remember.

Votes: Sloonei D1, LoRab D2

Kate:
She spends D1 sus on Scotty. This looks wrongheaded to me now, so I am curious if her read on him changed. @Kate What's your current opinion on Scotty? I feel ashamed to say that I don't remember Kate's playstyle at all. Perhaps it's just been that long. The level of sass took me by surprise, but we were a sassy bunch back in those days. She was OT Green for D2, but she got a few non-OT posts off at the start of the day. This makes me ponder if Kate had an OG townslip here. I understand the tinfoil theory about baddies OT'ing their own to buy them space, but it doesn't seem like Kate was suddenly in danger of falling onto the radar in a bad way. Also, if a baddie is OT'd, I don't think that they make the mistake of rattling off a few non-OT posts like that. The rest of D2 was lost to OT Green. N2 she comes in hot and mixes it up with a few people, DH the most. Overall, there seems to be a fair amount of culture clash and adjustment for Kate. Not surprising for a deep OG player. I can see the difficulty with how different the game is now being a talking point that a baddie could exploit, but her frustration seems genuine and I still doubt that a baddie goofs up on the OT bit at the start of the day. Not a lock, but that possible townslip is more than enough for me to keep her out of the poe.

Votes: Scotty D1, DH D2
Look at all this content. That's my favorite thing. I'll respond to each of G-man's reads individually.

Bea - G-man attempts to frame Bea's forgetfulness of the deadline time earlier in the game as a townslip. Nothing in my experience suggests that mistakes about deadline times are more (or less) likely to come from town players. Anyone can make a mistake like that. Bea has still not looked town once in G-man's posts.

DF - I get the impression that G-man is trying to leave DF open as an available vote option if needed. I don't get the sense that he is either trying to protect a low-activity partner, or drive a bus over him. DF's contributions have been the lightest of any player in this game. G-man was looking at him like my dog used to look at us at the dinner table.

DrWilgy - G-man continues to express uncertainty about DrWilgy's entire presence in this game, and then leaves him as a not-town read. I think this is a good look for Wilgy. G-man is looking for good mischop candidates, and he evidently feels he has found one in Wilgy. It's probably enough for me to townclear him.

Elohcin - G-man's "read" on Eloh is more like a book report. He just kinda lists things that have happened around her in the game and then drops a vague "I still feel good about her" at the end. This could be one teammate defending another, but I'm not sure it feels that way. Eloh is in no particular danger at this stage of the game, and G-man is already on the record as town reading her. If they are teammates, he can probably come up with something more detailed than what he produces here. Instead this feels like a mafia member attempting to appear like he's trying to develop a town read on a town player.

Kate - I actually think G-man raises a legitimate, valid point about Kate "townslipping" by not noticing that she was cursed at the start of Day 2. We also know now that G-man had plenty of reason to be extra sensitive to that particular curse. I don't think Kate and G-man are teammates.

Towncore:
-Bea
-Eloh
-G-Man
-Kate

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy

More to come tonight.
I remain inclined to read both members of his POE as town.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:14 am Various read on the other manageable ISO's:

Michelle:
Other than a handful of posts where she posts a stance on a few players with no supporting information, Michelle collects in-the-moment vote counts. I like vote analysis, but I'm not sure I've ever gone so far as to seek out that level of detail. This leaves her D1 as a mixed bag at best. She checks out for D2, which is suboptimal. It doesn't look like she's even shown up for D3 yet. Michelle is more like Mehchelle. There was RL travel, I get that, but she didn't leave much to chew on overall. Not worthy of a town read.

Votes: Eloh D1, Missed D2

NAA/Vivax 2.0:
NAA is a bit cryptic, holds his cards close to the vest, and is punchy-awkward. He stirs the pot and then claims rolefishing. I've grown used to just looking past NAA on D1's that I feel nothing from his ISO. Vivax 2.0, however, is a different story. While I am still trying to get a feel for this ne-to-me player, they're chugging along at their own pace and producing content. Their reads differ quite a bit from mine in places, but it's okay to live outside of an echo chamber in this game. Let's see where this one goes.

Votes: Eloh D1, Quin D2

Quin:
Yikes. His D1 saw him sussing Eloh and Scotty, who are both outside of my poe by a sizeable margin. After circling back to Eloh & Scotty a few times he zags and votes DH. Then there's a lot of posting without much flavor to it, but it's at least stirred some conversation. I'm leery that Quin is more than capable of keeping this kind of dancing around the radar as a baddie. His posts go in and out of focus almost as they need to. I'd say it's not strong enough to evade the poe yet.

Votes: Eloh D1, LoRab D2

Sig:
Sig's ISO feels a lot like Quin's ISO, except that I liked it more. Most of it feels authentic, though his voting record sucks and I agree that it's not comforting to see him appear willing to coast today due to his posting affliction. It's soft, but I'll nudge him up out of the poe.

Votes: sig D1, Missed D2

Running on fumes now, so let me get to the big talkers quick.
Michelle - G-man's read of Michelle is not unfair, and I have trouble reading too much into it either way. He does not grant her a town read, but I don't think he would be that generous with all his teammates. This tells me very little about the relationship between G-man and Michelle, which is a shame because there have been very few mentions of her in here. Maybe that is significant.

NAA/Vivax2.0 - I am sensing very little effort from G-man to produce a read on this slot. Sure, Vivax is new to him. But it's not like Vivax hasn't been vocal in this game. I feel like G-man should be able to say more about Vivax after looking at his ISO here. I find this especially compelling when G-man is at a stage where he should, theoretically, be looking for "suspects" that he can push. That he is not touching the newcomer with somewhat idiosyncratic views is not a great look.

Quin - G-man finally seems to arrive at a decidedly negative view of Quin. Hooray. While my kneejerk reaction is to call this a good look for Quin, I want to walk that back a bit. Both of these players are in a position here where some distancing would be a good idea if they're partners. They've both been in the vicinity of the chopping block at some point in the game. The writing would be on the wall that one of them is likely to die soon. It would not look great if that happened and they were seen sticking up for each other.

Sig - G-man literally says the following: "Sig's ISO feels a lot like Quin's ISO, except that I liked it more." What? Bah. I feel like one of these two is mafia. This is goofy.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:28 am Vocal players are vocal. Here's my two cents:

-Scotty should be in everyone's towncore. His logic and non-emotional approach is what is needed to win the game. Fight me.

-DH's emotions got the better of him and I just don't see that coming from a baddie DH who wasn't cornered yet. S~V~S (*waves*) made a good point about how DH would use the baddie chat to vent. If you have a chat, that's where one vents to keep you from going all Johnny Fairplay with the AtE. I read DH as town and S~V~S gets a heaping portion of benefit of the doubt as a result. I haven't seen anything tricksy from her yet, and I've witnessed her tricksy firsthand before.

-I said a while back that there's got to be a baddie among the big talkers or else this game would harmonize. That leaves Sloonei and Golden. Since my efforts are already eliciting snickers and eyerolls, I suspect my name is the only real option on the chopping block today. That's fine. Take that and learn from it, but be sure to Thunderdome Sloonei and Golden at some point soon, because one of them has to be bad or this game is whack. Golden got a little emotional right back at DH Night 2, and Sloonei is the inverse- that sort of emotionless Spock thing.

All four of these folks are game-solving (which is what I was going for when I said supatown- don't get hung up on semantics), but there's gotta be a baddie in there. Weeding out Scotty and DH/S~V~S, and that pushes both Sloonei and Golden into the poe for Thunderdome.

Not the POE (because Towncore is apparently too strong a term for casual use):
-Bea
-DH/S~V~S
-Eloh
-Kate
-Scotty
-Sig
-VivAxe

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy
-Golden the Coward
-Michelle
-Quin
-Sloonei

All names are in alphabetical order. I can parse through my notes in the morning to try to rank them in a more concrete fashion. Right now I need sleep (and a new dehumidifier).
This is where I got the sense that G-man wanted to drive a wedge between the most vocal players by insisting that one of us is bad. He specifically names myself and Golden here. I do not believe Golden is mafia. I believe this was nonsense from G-man.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:17 pm Village reads of mine are the only folks with votes. What’s a guy to do?

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine
Votes for Quin. I do not view this in Quin's favor. G-man has a choice between distancing and self-preservation here. His effort level suggests distancing. But I am not certain of that.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:28 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:39 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:09 pm I think the baddies were sitting back, figuring they could spend two days taking out DH and then maybe even Kate when DH flipped civ.

So there’s a little scrambling going on here.

We really need to lynch a baddie today. There are 3, maybe 4, people I won’t vote for, and I would rather not vote for the insanified.

But although I still feel GMan is not his civ self, I could move.
I think at this point, no mercy should be given to someone with the simple letter switching insanity. It’s common knowledge since Day 2 when bea and DF got it.
Michelle and sig should get no passes today because of their affliction
Visceral instinct told me not to vote Michelle even though I find her a little more suspicious than Quin because it would be viewed as poor form to start a chop train on a player with a posting restriction. It's a pretty old-school mindset, but I get where you're coming from. She failed to vote, so it's her own fault for the posting restriction. Definitely be wary of anyone else 'accidentally' missing the vote from here on out. Show no mercy!

Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:28 pm

Towncore:
-Bea
-Eloh
-G-Man
-Kate

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy

More to come tonight.
It always gives me the heebie-jeebies when someone puts themself in their own town core.
It's a bit of old-school whimsy, you ninny. Trying to keep it as light as I can when I'm on the hot seat, you know? Besides, did anyone get weird about it when Llama did it?
G-man justified voting for Quin over Michelle by citing her posting curse. Note that no one asked him. But I do not object to that at face value. I am not sure what it says about either of their alignments. It suggests, at the very least, that G-man is conscious of the optics of his vote.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:09 pm Voting for Sloonei in this situation feels superfluous, so I don't think I will change my vote.

If I'm right about one of Golden the Coward or Sloonei being a big-talking baddie, then the risk of mischopping a town Slooeni today in a choice between me and him is that D4 will just be another round of "G-Man is obvs bad" and productive conversation will die. You'll mischop me and wind up in a D5 mylo. I'd rather be the mischop today and keep productive conversation alive than being the mischop de jure tomorrow that pushes us into mylo.
This is another wacky mental gymnastics post. It tells me that G-man had either surrendered, or was going for the WIFOM approach to try to stay alive. "If he was mafia, he'd be fighting harder", etc. I don't think he had totally surrendered, but he was definitely conscious of how his posts would look post-flip.

----------------------------------

And that brings us to the end of G-man's ISO.

Here is a rainbow list of everyone based purely on G-man's interactions with them in his posts:

DrWilgy
Golden

Scotty
Kate
DFaraday

Elohcin
DH/SVS
Sig
Michelle
Quin
NAA/Vivax

Bea

Tiers are loosely ordered based on however I felt like arranging them in the moment. Feel free to ask me about specifics if you don't feel like reading this whole monstrosity.
Wow, sloon, thank you for all of that info. I think if I were to do a rainbow list, it would look similar to yours. Bea is my top suspect and then Vivax, It would have been Michelle next, but I like your thoughts on Quin.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:39 pm
Okay so, (and I’ll say I don’t agree with it or think it’ll work anyway) but this is the scenario.

You basically hard core town clear your iffy town reads/null reads in the hopes mafia will say “player X is in the town core lets kill them” while in reality you suspected them. At least after thinking about it I’m pretty sure that’s what he means.

Now I don’t think this’ll work and I think it makes town players seem disingenuous/easier to flip flop BUT it’s really a cultural thing I’d say.
But they'd still be getting a civ targeted bc the mafia isn't going to kill one of their own. I don't get how this makes any sense. :shrug:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Is night ending at 800 or at 854 tonight?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:52 pm Is night ending at 800 or at 854 tonight?
Host post says we have until 8 to submit night actions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:54 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:52 pm Is night ending at 800 or at 854 tonight?
Host post says we have until 8 to submit night actions.
Thanks
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Idk I figured Vivax’s comment was more tongue in cheek. By saying the strategy out loud, it invalidates the next read he gives.

Anyway, bea is definitely town

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, update to the list I made when I subbed into the thread. I just copy/pasted the player list so all the dead are still there. Reads are for my own reasons, I put l'il blurby explanations, if elaboration is what you seek let me know. I'm a gut player, and these are my feels based on thread reads.

THE AMAZING PLAYERS!
bea Bea, Ms Marvel never appeared, and I fear she never will. I do NOT overestimate you, Bea, you are bad :( That vote was so her, she's a mama bear who wants to save her team.
DFaraday What is he up to 10 posts? Like Wilgy, he did not know I had replaced DH. Wilgys surprise seemed more genuine than Faradays, so Wilgy got 2 civvie points for that, faraday got 1
DharmaHelper / S~V~S I wish I could see DHs rainbow list
DrWilgy Wilgy legit had no idea I replaced in. I don't think he has a chatroom, so probably not bad
Elohcin Elohs thread is civ afai have seen. If I had a rainbow list as opposed to a ped/sarc list, she'd be in the circle of trust
fingersplints Splints is dead, I wish we could have played together I always think of this as Splints' smiley :cloud9:
G-Man Also dead, a bad G Man. I SO LOOK FORWARD to post game to ask you WTF was going on in the G Head during last nights lynch. Expect to hear from me.
Golden Tentative trust, I came in feeling a bit of off-ness about Golden, but his content over the last day has eased me here. That said, he can fool me.
Kate Also a person that can fool me, but so far so civ. She seems to be mind meeting with Golden which is fairly par for the course for them, they often seem to think alike
thellama73 I am fairly sure he has not made a "Rez Plz" post, I hope he remembers to do it.
Lorab Sorry I did not get to play with her. She was somewhat of a mentor for me in early days, I would have liked to have seen her wisdom develop
Michelle I had hoped to finish my read of her pre post, but my car trouble yesterday led to getting home late today while it got fixed. For the most part, she's blendy, and I didn't love how she keeps trying to lynch low posters in preference to suspects.
NotAnAxehole aka Vivax 2.0 Complexity. I thought NAA was bad. I felt better about Vivax2.0 but but but. I am not sure if he's buddying me, we seem to agree alot then he says something like, "let's murder someone and cry crocodile tears" and I'm like hiding in a corner saying WTF
Quin Underwhelming. Of the three biggish posters I came into the game like :ponder: I still am like that with Quin.
Scotty Seems like a stand up guy. We don't always agree, but overall I've got the warm fuzzies.
sig sig came out of insanification with some quality content. He is not in the circle, but he could be. I have to reread him pre insanification
Sloonei I see Sloonei is now Sloonei-ing, I wish he had done so earlier. We never get each others game style, but most of this game he has looked more like me and less like him which is hella concerning. The civ reasons for what happened last night make more sense to me than the baddie ones.
Vivax See NAA
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:50 pm
sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:39 pm

But they'd still be getting a civ targeted bc the mafia isn't going to kill one of their own. I don't get how this makes any sense. :shrug:
My thoughts exactly. I thought I HAD to be missing something. This doesn't help me see Vivax in a better light.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The premise is that it's theoretically better for the mafia team to target a player we're less certain about than one who is universally cleared. Gives us one less player to solve.

That's if we suppose the strategy actually works. I don't think most mafia teams would care too much about last-minute POE discussions when choosing their kill target.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:05 pm Ebwop,

… seeing distracted Bea.

Not sure where that rogue “i” came from.
Distracted. Close then suprise open shift at work after missing a doc apt on what was supposed to be my day off. Rush ti catch up. Frantic about missing the vote. Wild mistakes all around.

Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:51 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:41 pm @bea Why are you putting your faith in Revolution Mafia instead of the Moderator. One is a 1-shot ability that may have already been spent. The other is a designated tiebreaker.
Misremembered roles on the fly. Was catching up in my car because i was afraid id miss the vote stuck in rush hour driving across town. Basically, i fucked up.
You sure did. Never mafia and drive, bea!

Wasnt while I was driving but still, trying to speed through so I cpuld drive before I got sucked back into the pizza shop.
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:32 pm We can Yeet Bea next right?

Bea tastes of cute kitten avatar which I find to be delicious with lemon.

You can, but you are yeeting a civ.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:33 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:32 pm We can Yeet Bea next right?

Bea tastes of cute kitten avatar which I find to be delicious with lemon.
I am open to it. That vote was awful at face value.
It really is aweful in lue of the flip. I get where ya'll are coming from. Had it been another person, I'd be thinking right like you. All I can say is, rl has not been kind to me and it has most definately affected my game play.

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:23 am
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:34 pm I am a confused and no lies feel like any vote I make is rushed and illinformed.

Also i missed why svs voted sloon? It looked in the thread like she sused gman.
Because she can suspect more than one person?

My thoughts have clarified since my first post. I came in not being able to slot Golfen or Sloonei into a civ slot. Since then I feel better about Golden. I feel worse about Sloonei.

The voting was all over the place early on. When someone else voted for Sloonei, maybe Scotty or Vivax, not sure which, so I decided if a strong second train was to form I’d rather have it form on someone I suspected than on any of the others that already had votes. So either way someone I suspected got lynched. Which is what happened.
I was confused in the catching up to vote only cuz I couldnt locate the post in which you switched. My read on you is important to me as well. I could only read the thread. i thought I was missing something. Wasnt able to ISO your posts at that time and was full on panicing about missing a vote.

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:15 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:13 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:11 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:54 am
@Anyone, can someone tell me how to make myself an ISO link, or make one for me? Or direct me to where it might be on the front page? It's a bitch searching my posts. If someone helps me out, I'll put it in my sig so it's available. Thanks
There is a link under your avatar and name.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 49
Not on phone. And that’s where I am a lot.
I updated the front page to include a link for yours in the players list (next to DH).

Ty! <3
S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am Addendum to the post about why G Mans bad team wouldn’t try to lynch someone else.

This is driving me nuts. I’m trying to figure out why a bad team wouldn’t try to start a third wagon if both Sloon and G were bad, or try harder to pile on Sloonei if only G was bad.

Maybe he was alone, or only had one teammate there? Like others were low posters or had time zone issues?

Because I’ve been playing Mafia a long time and have never seen a baddie with an alternative train do … nothing. I’m spitballing about maybe low posters etc because I just don’t understand Gs behavior

It was this behavior that baffeled me eod. Basically, it put just enough doubt in my mind that the lynch was potentially civ v civ again. I was super wrong. But I trying my hardest.

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:14 pm Also! If bea is bad, SVS looks even better for her unprompted remarks earlier in the day casting doubt on civ bea
And if we lynch bea tomorrow and she flips civ, then what?

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:01 pm I look at the wagon structure and and am full speed ahead on bea being bad. Her partners are tbd, but she seems the most likely hit
Seems being the important word here. Just because it looks bad doesnt mean it is. At this point lynching me is lynching a civ that played like shit. But a civ nonetheless.

Bea is an awesome bad teammate to have. She is loyal to a fault. This is bad or good; good Bea is one of the few people I know who really thinks of the civs as a team, just like the baddies.
Bea would take a chance to save a teammate, yeah.
Svs's commentary on my baddie meta. Not sure that I agree with it. I hadnt had a problem chucking baddie teammates under the bus during a wagon on them since like my early rev/hv days. But ya know, the wifom. I dont think this makes svs bad, but I do think she has an idealized "bea" that may not exist in the ways she remembers.
Golden wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:43 pm
sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:10 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:35 am
sig wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:39 pm Random initial thoughts

Major pings for the people who voted/advocates for my lynch when I was cursed and extra eyes for golden trying to nitpick verbiage on me saying cursed.

I’m never going to be super active if I’m cursed since frankly it seems like a waste of time and the majority of people don’t bother to read those posts. It’s just clutter.

So I wrote a giant thing here about how the hosts wouldn’t do that blah blah blah then read this
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:29 pm I'm a dummy.

Srs business:

"Any player who breaks a rule will be insanified the following day"

Bea and DF broke the srs business rule somehow.
SO this makes it even more boggling that Golden would attempt to vote for me and cast shade my way? Like it was pretty clear I wasn’t active jumped in day 3 and was posting. Nobody bothered to call this out for me (especially the people who caught it or were suspecting me should’ve) if anything this actually makes me feel worse about Golden then when I was just reading as I went and thought he was speculating.

And piggybacking on that I’d almost 100% clear Bea and DF for the time being based ONLY off the fact they didn’t vote. I think someone on the mafia team would’ve read that and ensured everyone voted to avoid that.

It seems like he was just trying to find an easy vote/start a counter wagon and that didn’t work so he hopped back into another wagon.

SVS is rewriting my faith in DH slot the main issue I had was the self vote which is why I parked myself their initially.
Not trying to do a DH here, but basically everything you claim I was doing is contradicted by what actually happened.

I never pressed for a vote for you. I pressure voted you to get your head out if your arse and get you to post cursed. It was evident it failed. Waking up to Douche votes on Yu was an unexpected shock. Your ‘noone reads cursed posts’ is weak, and an easy place for mafia to hide, and you don’t get to avoid that scrutiny. Bea managed to contribute, so can you.

But when I actually had time to read some things and read your iso, it looked decent.

There was no grand plan to lead some wagon on you. I even said today based on my availability I was more likely to sheep.

And I didn’t make semantic arguments. I didn’t know whether you’d know why you were cursed. I just asked people whether they thought your knowledge of it was alignment indicative.

Now, a question for you - very basic one. Did you know why you were cursed?
Nope. I assumed the Vomp role cursed me as was the running theory last time I checked in.

And it kinda is a semantic argument if you’re saying I wasn’t “cursed” but punished like it’s still a curse.

Also I’ll go to my grave saying this you can’t be a productive player in thread if your cursed with anything. And trying to be so shouldn’t give you civ points if anything it’s more scummy then just dipping
I did not, even once, say you weren’t cursed. I just said that accusing me of being the curser when it was clearly self-inflicted (ie, a punishment… still a curse), stood out to me.

I thought I’d learn something by you responding to my question but ultimately I realise it’s all wifom… I’m still interested in Beas answer to my question on the subject.
I thought I answered? D1 I had no idea what was going on till DF also posted and it started to get put together in the thread.

Golden wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:44 pm
sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:17 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:13 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:50 am
Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:38 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am Addendum to the post about why G Mans bad team wouldn’t try to lynch someone else.

This is driving me nuts. I’m trying to figure out why a bad team wouldn’t try to start a third wagon if both Sloon and G were bad, or try harder to pile on Sloonei if only G was bad.

Maybe he was alone, or only had one teammate there? Like others were low posters or had time zone issues?

Because I’ve been playing Mafia a long time and have never seen a baddie with an alternative train do … nothing. I’m spitballing about maybe low posters etc because I just don’t understand Gs behavior there.
Yes, this makes sense. Thinking back on g-man's play, it seems like he was doing just enough to try to get by trying to look civ without rocking the boat too much to gain suspicion. As if he were going it pretty much alone and trying to hold it all together. This doesn't help alleviate my gut suspicion of DH, now SVS. And neither does SVS' lack of voting Gman. I don't know why I can't shake it. Does ANYone else feel the same way?
I don't. She's got her kid gloves on in a sense, when it comes to Bea, but bea is looking more and more bad to me and svs noticed that right away. If she were bad, I believe she'd shy away from accusing bea at all. Also, she can read me like a newspaper, and I've never seen a bad svs defend a civ me as well as she has here.
This is exactly my thought.

In a world where Sloonei is civ, bea voting not only to tie the game with a self-professed poor read on the game at large, but to potentially save GMan is a double red flag.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:15 pm I can see early game reasons why one might feel that way and have before. I think DH was there in frustration before he subbed out. But I tend to agree wirh you on that point viv.
This is responding to Viv’s comment that a civ should never be fine getting miselimmed, which is what GMan was doing.
Then, 20 minutes later:
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:34 pm I am a confused and no lies feel like any vote I make is rushed and illinformed.

Also i missed why svs voted sloon? It looked in the thread like she sused gman.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:35 pm Dgoing with the tie. I hope rev knows better than i do. :(
Nothing in that progression makes sense. Does a civ bea have to make sense? No, but I’d expect a better explanation for doing 2 nakedly hedgey and scummy things.

bea is mafia for these actions alone.
This is pretty damning my only issue with Bea is her lack of voting and curse the following day. I’d think the mafia would be more on top of that? Of course that could also serve as a good strategy for a one day pass BUT she wasn’t being suspected then anyway.

I don’t really recall Bea’s neta so I’m a bit worried this may be another Lorab style vote so if any older players could chime in I’d appreciate it

@Kate @Golden @S~V~S
Oh I really do have to sheep Kate and svs on Beas meta, as previously discussed I think I’m inclined towards always seeing town bea.
You are not mis-seeing town bea. I am however admittedly playing a crap game. Due to lack of practice and rl. Am also loosing my day off today to go close a store and back to work again tomorrow morning. These are the exact reasons I reitred in the first place. It wasnt suppsed to be like that, but here we are and lots changed in my world between sign ups and the start of the game.

Linki svs - remember this. Right here. I am a civ. I will defend as much as I can and I dont want to die. and also it is weird to try to defend against an argument you can see the legs on except for explaining where my head was. The good news in a bea lynch will be the vindication my corpse gets in knowing that you know I was as true town as I have always claimed to be.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I love you to absolute bits bea, you know that. But i don't know that I believe you.

Who do you suspect? Who do you think we should lynch, if not you. Be a civ, sweetie.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Right now, kinda paranoid by people who keep giving me a pass wich is also weird. Quinn maybe? Michelle maybe? Both need more reading as to why from my end and I dont have time to give it at the moment. I am trying and failing. This was, AGAIN, suppsed to be a tonight activity that doesnt get to happen. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Night 3 legacy rainbow! Just in case.

Elo
Kate
Vivax2.0
Golden

DrWilgy
SVS
Michelle

sig
Sloonei

DFaraday
Quin
bea

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:19 pm The premise is that it's theoretically better for the mafia team to target a player we're less certain about than one who is universally cleared. Gives us one less player to solve.

That's if we suppose the strategy actually works. I don't think most mafia teams would care too much about last-minute POE discussions when choosing their kill target.
I don't see the point and I agree the mafia doesn't care. I've said this a handful of times and I will say it again. This is supposed to be played like an old-school mafia game. These new strategies and plays being suggested for us to incorporate into our game are annoying me. We are here to experience a game like we USED to play, not learn how new mafia players play.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:36 pm Right now, kinda paranoid by people who keep giving me a pass wich is also weird. Quinn maybe? Michelle maybe? Both need more reading as to why from my end and I dont have time to give it at the moment. I am trying and failing. This was, AGAIN, suppsed to be a tonight activity that doesnt get to happen. :(
I am going to detach from this, and follow the town here. I already made my case and gave my opinion and it stands. If I am wrong, next time I see you I'll buy dinner. Meet the new career, worse than the old career; I don't know. Familiarity isn't always good that way.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:19 pm The premise is that it's theoretically better for the mafia team to target a player we're less certain about than one who is universally cleared. Gives us one less player to solve.

I don't see the point and I agree the mafia doesn't care. I've said this a handful of times and I will say it again. This is supposed to be played like an old-school mafia game. These new strategies and plays being suggested for us to incorporate into our game are annoying me. We are here to experience a game like we USED to play, not learn how new mafia players play.
Yo, play how you want to play!

I know personally I don’t remember the eccentricities of how it ‘used’ to be. I just know what helps me with my solve, and play to that end.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I like how Game 2 has 47 pages and only one full day phase in the books.

That’s just too many posts, which is a lot coming from me lol

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Epignosis »

A conversation between Homestar Runner and Strong Bad.

"Gee, man."

"What's wrong, Homestar Runner?"

"I'm sad about G-Man."

"It's okay."

“Hey Stwongbad. What you got thewe?”

“Well Homestar, this children’s book informs us that someone here someone has died.”

“But how? Childwen’s books awe fiction. That means not weal.”

“I don’t know how to frame this for you, Homestar. See that dead body over there?”

“Which one?”

“The one next to Strong Sad.”

“Oh yeah. I see that cowpse now.”

“Okay then. This children’s book says he died. The end. It’s not a very good book.”

“What if you tuwn the page?”

“Good thinking Homestar. Let’s try it. Here we go: ‘He died. The end…”

“Yes?”

“…of his life just happened. It was very sad. The end.'”

“You'we wight. That does suck.”

Scotty has been killed. It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

rez plz

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by Sloonei »

RIP Scooty. We will avenge you, I’m pretty sure.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: bea] aubergine as promised.

At some point today I will dig into all your ISOs for G-man interactions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:01 pm rez plz
RIP scotty! It was fun playing with you, I hope I get the chance again.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty, sorry to see you go.

[VOTE: bea] aubergine
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OMG Trogdor! This whole game is a huge nostalgia blast!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:35 pm OMG Trogdor! This whole game is a huge nostalgia blast!
:daisy: That was absolutely for you.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:36 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:35 pm OMG Trogdor! This whole game is a huge nostalgia blast!
:daisy: That was absolutely for you.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”