Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by Kate »

[VOTE: Bea] aubergine

I luvz ya. But you bad, gf.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Night 3]

Post by Vivax »

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:57 pm Idk I figured Vivax’s comment was more tongue in cheek. By saying the strategy out loud, it invalidates the next read he gives.

Anyway, bea is definitely town
RIP scotty, and wp! Yeah this.
It's a bit funny that sig and Kate commented on it as strategy thinking I was seriously considering doing that :noble:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Fyi, it appears we can still move the votes.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:44 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:57 pm Idk I figured Vivax’s comment was more tongue in cheek. By saying the strategy out loud, it invalidates the next read he gives.

It's a bit funny that sig and Kate commented on it as strategy thinking I was seriously considering doing that :noble:
Yea, it took me a few different takes on it bf I even understood what you were saying. But it's funny that I asked, as opposed to funny that you'd say it at all? I don't think so.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:45 pm Fyi, it appears we can still move the votes.
Good to know, thanks. I volunteer to start a counterwagon :omg: (which may or may not be the person I'd currently vote if it were EoD)

[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:48 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:45 pm Fyi, it appears we can still move the votes.
Good to know, thanks. I volunteer to start a counterwagon :omg: (which may or may not be the person I'd currently vote if it were EoD)

[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
G-man treated DFaraday like somebody he wanted to eliminate when the opportunity arose. I do not think they were teammates.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 154

Post by S~V~S »

Why start a counterwagon on a low poster? What would that accomplish?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:47 pm

Yea, it took me a few different takes on it bf I even understood what you were saying. But it's funny that I asked, as opposed to funny that you'd say it at all? I don't think so.
If the outcome is funny I am pleased with the result in either case :-)

p-edit @S-V-S:

I have laid out how I saw reason to be suspicious of DFara from his D3 post.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 173

Post by sig »

I’ve played with some VERY zany people before and you didn’t have any emojis sooooo rip me
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Imma say voting DF is a waste of time right now I’d prefer Quin or Bea
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also Scotty’s death is making me tinfoil a world where Sloonie is Mafia much more
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DrWilgy »

Mmm... Bea...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:08 pmMmm... Bea...
I can hear your tongue flapping from over here
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by Vivax »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:27 pm I’m entirely unsurprised the lynch was switched but glad it was to a good target. Vivax being Indy makes a tonne of sense in hindsight.
I was going a bit over Golden again and am now puzzled why it‘s unsurprising to him that the lynch was switched.

Old matter, I know. But am left wondering if this isn‘t a slip about Eloh and Sloon being town, if they are.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Sloon are still as absolutely certain on Quin as you have been thus far?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:42 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:27 pm I’m entirely unsurprised the lynch was switched but glad it was to a good target. Vivax being Indy makes a tonne of sense in hindsight.
I was going a bit over Golden again and am now puzzled why it‘s unsurprising to him that the lynch was switched.

Old matter, I know. But am left wondering if this isn‘t a slip about Eloh and Sloon being town, if they are.
Do you have a solid theory about why the lynch was switched?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Sig looks townie to me. Latest posts are of a good vibe. Appreciate the occasional joke on the side.

Quin I just realized had questions I didn‘t answer yet (sorry about that, I‘m a bit erratic at times), but I can almost sense an odd disappointment at not being read as scum. Or maybe I‘m just imagining it.

Seems to be opinionated enough to be town for today imo.
I am maybe biased in reading boldness that superficially look bad as a townie thing. Bea‘s late vote feels like such a thing.

But I think SVS mentioned it‘s more of a NAI thing for her.

p-edit: Hmm, I don‘t. I could try to guess who revolution mafia is. I have an idea, but even if correct, calling the switch unsurprising suggests you work from a framework where you can be more confident about what transpired, which is mafia indicative.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Quin »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:21 pm
sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:33 pm @Quin I probably missed it but can you walk me through the following

1. You’re Kate vote
2. Why Sig is the most amazing player ever (500 word minimum with 3 sources formatted in APA)
3. Who post Gman flip you think the mafia team is

@Elohcin Walk me through why you think Sheepers are more likely to be mafia and what your current thoughts are on the more sheepy players please.

@DFaraday if you could just give some quick general thoughts that would be great

@Scotty pay attention to me and my jokey posts + what do you think about Golden right now?
Me too, particularly, 1 and 3... If I'm remembering correctly, I don't think you even put it in the thread that you were voting for me. So what's up? I was to busy yesterday Halloweening to come ask.

PS you guys are FUNNY. Im loling all day today. :haha:
You know why I voted for you.
Kate wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:49 am
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:45 am
DFaraday wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:06 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:08 am I've never played with Kate. Hi Kate!

Kate has been generating reads, but the vast majority of them are developed in reaction to other's posts. Very little proactive scum hunting is happening. I'm seeing this as a scum doing the rounds to respond to lots of prompts, but not generating anything new of her own accord.

Can you comment on this, @Kate ?
I don't think operating off of others' leads is alignment indicative; that's typically how I play regardless of alignment.
I can understand that it's NAI for you. I'd even agree with it.

I want Kate to tell me why it's not alignment indicative for her.
Hi, I'm here and reading along but I'm going to be pretty busy until at least 3 pm today. I have noted your question and I will get back to you.
Waiting for you to get back to me.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:16 pm Sig looks townie to me. Latest posts are of a good vibe. Appreciate the occasional joke on the side.

Quin I just realized had questions I didn‘t answer yet (sorry about that, I‘m a bit erratic at times), but I can almost sense an odd disappointment at not being read as scum. Or maybe I‘m just imagining it.

I am maybe biased in reading boldness that superficially look bad as a townie thing. Bea‘s late vote feels like such a thing.

p-edit: Hmm, I don‘t. I could try to guess who revolution mafia is. I have an idea, but even if correct, calling the switch unsurprising suggests you work from a framework where you can be more confident about what transpired, which is mafia indicative.
What does this mean?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:27 pm
sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:24 pm I’m gonna go ahead and vote for Quin.

Silly sig never mind :ninja:
Why aren't you voting for Quin now?
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:16 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:21 pm
sig wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:33 pm @Quin I probably missed it but can you walk me through the following

1. You’re Kate vote
2. Why Sig is the most amazing player ever (500 word minimum with 3 sources formatted in APA)
3. Who post Gman flip you think the mafia team is

@Elohcin Walk me through why you think Sheepers are more likely to be mafia and what your current thoughts are on the more sheepy players please.

@DFaraday if you could just give some quick general thoughts that would be great

@Scotty pay attention to me and my jokey posts + what do you think about Golden right now?
Me too, particularly, 1 and 3... If I'm remembering correctly, I don't think you even put it in the thread that you were voting for me. So what's up? I was to busy yesterday Halloweening to come ask.

PS you guys are FUNNY. Im loling all day today. :haha:
You know why I voted for you.
Kate wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:49 am
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:45 am
DFaraday wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:06 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:08 am I've never played with Kate. Hi Kate!

Kate has been generating reads, but the vast majority of them are developed in reaction to other's posts. Very little proactive scum hunting is happening. I'm seeing this as a scum doing the rounds to respond to lots of prompts, but not generating anything new of her own accord.

Can you comment on this, @Kate ?
I don't think operating off of others' leads is alignment indicative; that's typically how I play regardless of alignment.
I can understand that it's NAI for you. I'd even agree with it.

I want Kate to tell me why it's not alignment indicative for her.
Hi, I'm here and reading along but I'm going to be pretty busy until at least 3 pm today. I have noted your question and I will get back to you.
Waiting for you to get back to me.
I have no idea why you voted for me.

I have addressed the way I play at length, just not in direct response to your question. I'll pull up my posts and quote them, maybe they will answer your inquiry.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by Quin »

Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:46 pm Can't really spot any concerted effort to save G-Man around End of Day.
Bea vote sticks out as townie, at first glance. I think for a Feb team that doesn't want to stick out too much voting together to save him, G-Man is the more logical choice. With the best choice being to vote off both wagons.
Michelle feels less opinionated than during D1. The DFaraday push could be such an attempt at placing a vote away from G-Man and also not Sloonei.
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:58 pm Tokang thu ployurs frem thu lewust pesturs
Whot thu censunsis epanaen obeit Forodoy?

Has Ase as smoll, centoans o fuw ruods ond sulf muto soyang hu weild pest meru os o welf
DFaraday wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:50 pm I don't suspect either G-Man or Sloonei, and I won't be able to read the cases on them before the vote closes, so I will go ahead and move my vote to Michelle, on the grounds that I feel less town about her than anyone else really. As in, nothing has stood out as civ.
It's a weird interaction between these two, actually. It's really not the angle most of the game was looking at, and they seem to feel a bit too safe in this bubble where they push each other. DFara openly admits to not reading the reasons behind the wagons, but somehow finds Michelle interesting enough to read. Maybe he was just reading whoever was pushing him, but then he'd have had to read the thread?

The banger here is that Michelle didn't vote, so for DF to notice her, he'd also have had to run into posts describing reasons behind the main wagons. So this could be grounds to campaign for a DF lynch tomorrow, as it feels like he's lying here about what he read.
There was a big upheaval in sig voters switching to Sloonei towards EoD. If there was an attempt at a save, that was it.

Noting you also voted for him at one point, what do you think of those who voted for sig yesterday?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:01 pm Sloon are still as absolutely certain on Quin as you have been thus far?
No.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

@Quin
It‘s because you questioned me about which posts I was reading you town off. In contrast to that you seemed to be less interested into scumreads on you.

It spells...Interesting intention. But it seems to be an unlikely mindset for mafia as they are more conscious about people scumreading them.

The ideal outcome for a mafia aligned player is to change a lynch to civs being a threat to them.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Kate wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:11 am
Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:02 am
Kate wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:52 am
Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:47 am Fingersplints ffs.

That said, I think I want a Kate CW as being lone bea voter isn‘t going to get us far.

It‘s also not an unlikely pairing with Sloonei if the latter is indeed mafia.

[VOTE: Kate] aubergine
Huh? Now I'm really confused. You want me to what?
Have reads on display a tad more openly.
It‘s D3, we should be panicking or something. Plenty of time for slow starters to amp it up.

But every EoD outcome has felt largely random and the players who voted aggressively are being taken out.

I‘m open to the possibility that you are town but I don‘t see lots of efforts going on to sell the wagon you are voting.

p-edit: I‘m the bea voter, kate
I'm really honestly making a good faith effort to play the new style more than what I'm used to. You'll see uptrend there was a discussion about OGs (Which i prefer to old school or relic lol) keeping your reads close to your chest. Also, I made the first multi quote posts I've ever made. I'm doing my best to follow the new regime.

This is the first time I've been exposed to a rainbow list. That is something that never would have been done in the past. It would have been seen as target painting.
@Quin
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:30 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:01 pm Sloon are still as absolutely certain on Quin as you have been thus far?
No.
Why not?

Do you have any thoughts on why he'd vote me yesterday, without putting anything about his vote in the thread?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:32 pm
No.
Why not?

Do you have any thoughts on why he'd vote me yesterday, without putting anything about his vote in the thread?
I did.
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:53 am [VOTE: Kate] aubergine

I have untangled the spaghetti and Kate looks the worst. Wilgy and G-Man are also on the table for me.
Just so you're aware, claiming votes in the thread is (or was? I don't know if new people are doing it) a common courtesy we give the hosts in case there are issues with the poll and they ever need to manually track the order or number of votes. Not claiming their vote is not something I would expect an old timer to ever do as an in-game strategy thing - they most likely just forgot.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

No.
Why not?

He doesn’t look squeaky clean in G-man’s posts.

I do not have thoughts on Quin’s Day 3 vote. I didn’t take much note of it. @Quin care to weigh in?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:31 pm

That said, I think I want a Kate CW as being lone bea voter isn‘t going to get us far.

It‘s D3, we should be panicking or something. Plenty of time for slow starters to amp it up.

But every EoD outcome has felt largely random and the players who voted aggressively are being taken out.

I‘m open to the possibility that you are town but I don‘t see lots of efforts going on to sell the wagon you are voting.

I'm really honestly making a good faith effort to play the new style more than what I'm used to. You'll see uptrend there was a discussion about OGs (Which i prefer to old school or relic lol) keeping your reads close to your chest. Also, I made the first multi quote posts I've ever made. I'm doing my best to follow the new regime.

This is the first time I've been exposed to a rainbow list. That is something that never would have been done in the past. It would have been seen as target painting.
@Quin
I asked you to tell me why I shouldn't scum read you for your type of engagement in the thread so far. You don't need to multi quote or make rainbow lists to do that.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:40 pm
No.
Why not?

He doesn’t look squeaky clean in G-man’s posts.

I do not have thoughts on Quin’s Day 3 vote. I didn’t take much note of it. @Quin care to weigh in?
I've said it multiple ways by now. Kate is not genuinely engaged in the hunt.
ImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:29 pm
Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:46 pm Can't really spot any concerted effort to save G-Man around End of Day.
Bea vote sticks out as townie, at first glance. I think for a Feb team that doesn't want to stick out too much voting together to save him, G-Man is the more logical choice. With the best choice being to vote off both wagons.
Michelle feels less opinionated than during D1. The DFaraday push could be such an attempt at placing a vote away from G-Man and also not Sloonei.
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:58 pm Tokang thu ployurs frem thu lewust pesturs
Whot thu censunsis epanaen obeit Forodoy?

Has Ase as smoll, centoans o fuw ruods ond sulf muto soyang hu weild pest meru os o welf
DFaraday wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:50 pm I don't suspect either G-Man or Sloonei, and I won't be able to read the cases on them before the vote closes, so I will go ahead and move my vote to Michelle, on the grounds that I feel less town about her than anyone else really. As in, nothing has stood out as civ.
It's a weird interaction between these two, actually. It's really not the angle most of the game was looking at, and they seem to feel a bit too safe in this bubble where they push each other. DFara openly admits to not reading the reasons behind the wagons, but somehow finds Michelle interesting enough to read. Maybe he was just reading whoever was pushing him, but then he'd have had to read the thread?

The banger here is that Michelle didn't vote, so for DF to notice her, he'd also have had to run into posts describing reasons behind the main wagons. So this could be grounds to campaign for a DF lynch tomorrow, as it feels like he's lying here about what he read.
There was a big upheaval in sig voters switching to Sloonei towards EoD. If there was an attempt at a save, that was it.

Noting you also voted for him at one point, what do you think of those who voted for sig yesterday?
Those were Kate, me and...Golden perhaps? I‘m on phone chillposting from bed but got the VC saved elsewhere.

I think sig voters are heroes cause I wasn‘t understanding half of what he wrote but had fun reading it.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:39 pm
No.
Why not?

I did.
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:53 am [VOTE: Kate] aubergine

I have untangled the spaghetti and Kate looks the worst. Wilgy and G-Man are also on the table for me.
Just so you're aware, claiming votes in the thread is (or was? I don't know if new people are doing it) a common courtesy we give the hosts in case there are issues with the poll and they ever need to manually track the order or number of votes. Not claiming their vote is not something I would expect an old timer to ever do as an in-game strategy thing - they most likely just forgot.
Sorry totally missed that.

I can't remember specifically but I think putting your vote in the thread was a requirement back in the day.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I thought it was easy to decipher sig's posts.

Thanks for the quesadilla recipe, btw.
ImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:47 pm I thought it was easy to decipher sig's posts.

Thanks for the quesadilla recipe, btw.
Mostly. I think sig will be my new llama or scotty for today‘s dayphase, as in a player I trust enough to follow their vote around.

I liked the the ogling towards Golden there in the bog bog pust
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:41 pm

@Quin
I asked you to tell me why I shouldn't scum read you for your type of engagement in the thread so far. You don't need to multi quote or make rainbow lists to do that.
My type of engagement has always been to hold things closer to my chest than to make a wall of text. It's just always been the way I've played. I'd usually talk about my biggest suspicion, and pretty much never talk about more than 1 at a time. If you died in our games, you lose. I was trying to baddie hunt while also trying to NOT get nk'd. Does that clarify it a little?

I think it's more than a little obvious that I'm "town," as y'all would say, at this point in the game. Are you looking to get something from me or are you actually suspecting me?
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Hiding your hand is one way of surviving as town.
Being very wrong and annoying or very entertaining for the mafia is another. As long as town doesn‘t try to get your head on a spike.

Definitely interesting rule of old to only win when alive but explains a lot of styles I didn‘t understand at first.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:52 pm

@Quin
My type of engagement has always been to hold things closer to my chest than to make a wall of text. It's just always been the way I've played. I'd usually talk about my biggest suspicion, and pretty much never talk about more than 1 at a time. If you died in our games, you lose. I was trying to baddie hunt while also trying to NOT get nk'd. Does that clarify it a little?

I think it's more than a little obvious that I'm "town," as y'all would say, at this point in the game. Are you looking to get something from me or are you actually suspecting me?
It does clarify it. Thank you.

I was 'looking' for an explanation for your engagement, which you've probably done as best as you can here. I'm not in a mind to dump a vote on you and run off, at any rate.

Did you have anything to say about the Sloonei wagon yesterday?
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:00 pm

@Quin

I was 'looking' for an explanation for your engagement, which you've probably done as best as you can here. I'm not in a mind to dump a vote on you and run off, at any rate.

Ok. In attempt to really play new school I'll do it. I think sloonei is dead red. Or at least a more important bad role than OT Green. I don't see any other explaination for gmans behavior and vote.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:04 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:00 pm

@Quin

Ok. In attempt to really play new school I'll do it. I think sloonei is dead red. Or at least a more important bad role than OT Green. I don't see any other explaination for gmans behavior and vote.
Is Sloonei scum based on G-Man's posts/votes or do you think he's bad independently?
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DrWilgy »

Someone plz send help. I've had the damn cyberpunk edgerunners OST playing in my head all day. I'm going to go insane.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I didn't have much of an opinion on him before the vote went down yesterday. I was planning to leave it alone until we got through the bea vote, honestly.

That was the most bizarre lynch 😳 I can't think of an alternate reasoning for it other than they were caught with 2 wagons going. I also think they may have known that one of the votes on sloonei didn't count bc of that other role that has a non player vote.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Ok I just got the baby to sleep. I'll follow up on this tomorrow.

Gn all.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Just vote for me after bea. I’ll do my ISOs and leave behind what I can.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:16 pm Sig looks townie to me. Latest posts are of a good vibe. Appreciate the occasional joke on the side.

How much role madness have you played?

Also, yes, I thought you had an idea who rev mafia is. I have an idea who it is too. Pretty confident your idea and my idea are the same. And if that person is ever under lynch pressure, you will see me defend them hard.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

To be honest it was a complete shock to me that every single person didn’t count out of day one with a consensus read on who rev mafia is. I think it’s fucking obvious.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Scotty or @thellama73 you should try asking for a rez pls
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Bea -> G-man Interactions
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:56 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:11 pm Visions of Day 1’s of old are running through my mind. I’m not inclined to just let it go in the undisciplined manner of yesteryear. I need more meat to chew on from everyone first. I’m thankful that my night away coincided with Night 0 instead of the first half of Day 1.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:07 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:27 pm That being said, I actually think sig coming out and throwing caution to the wind with regards to his spelling and grammar is townie, if not reckless. Could be WIFOM, but that role is incredibly restrictive to my *vibe* which comes with autocorrect errors and incomplete sentences. So I get it.
The grammar police role is mafia. Making typos does not benefit town.
Valid point indeed! But the civvies have an adverb checker, so we should play it old school like when lie detector roles were still in vogue and pressure everyone to post a unique adverb. Anyone who resists must die. :llama:
I agree with what G-man is laying down here.

Adverbs in generaly VASTLY improve communication. They can also HEAVILY color meaning in terms of connoative associations.

(Oh! I almost souned smart up there!)
Already talked about the flip side of this interaction in my previous wall. I think it looks like textbook teammate fluff banter. Bad look for Bea.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:07 pm @bea Which players in this game are/were you most familiar with in those bygone days?
1) Most experience playing with: DF, DH, Splintsy, G-man, Golden, Kate, Lorab.

2) Mid-teir: Dr. Wgy, llamaloo, quin, scotty, sug, you.

3) New to me: Michelle, Axe, Vivax.
G-man is one of the players she is most familiar with. Noted.

That is the extent of their interactions while G-man was alive, unless I'm missing something. But I just triple checked. Not great.
Bea does contribute to some postmortem G discussions here. I snipped the relevant bit:
bea wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:22 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am Addendum to the post about why G Mans bad team wouldn’t try to lynch someone else.

This is driving me nuts. I’m trying to figure out why a bad team wouldn’t try to start a third wagon if both Sloon and G were bad, or try harder to pile on Sloonei if only G was bad.

Maybe he was alone, or only had one teammate there? Like others were low posters or had time zone issues?

Because I’ve been playing Mafia a long time and have never seen a baddie with an alternative train do … nothing. I’m spitballing about maybe low posters etc because I just don’t understand Gs behavior

It was this behavior that baffeled me eod. Basically, it put just enough doubt in my mind that the lynch was potentially civ v civ again. I was super wrong. But I trying my hardest.
I am not buying this at all. Bea gave no indication that G-man's behavior influenced her at all, or that she even had a preference between the two options (G-man & I). Here are the posts she made around the time of her vote:
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:34 pm I am a confused and no lies feel like any vote I make is rushed and illinformed.

Also i missed why svs voted sloon? It looked in the thread like she sused gman.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:35 pm Dgoing with the tie. I hope rev knows better than i do. :(
Bea shows up to the thread as time is winding down and chucks a blind vote onto me for the sake of creating a tie. This vote is bad in every which way and I don't think I need to analyze it any further than it already has been. I'm only pointing out here to highlight the point that I do not believe Bea when she says G-man's EoD behavior put doubt in her mind.

If B is not G's teammate, I'll eat all of your shoes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

DFaraday -> G-man
DFaraday wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:04 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:26 amDF - a proper scum read at this point. DF is always quiet and I defended him on day 1 but it’s day 3 now…. And perpetual catch up mode. I don’t think civ DF is *this* quiet.
I actually think I'm the opposite. I feel more pressured to contribute as a baddie because I have teammates to look out for. I guess technically I do as a civ too, but it's less immediate.

Anyway, Scotty and G-Man are reading civ to me, mostly due to tone. DH, from what I've read, almost seems to want to die, and I'm getting the vibe that his recent posts are some kind of baddie ploy. I will put a vote on him for now, in the absence of strong reads on anyone else yet.
DF gives G-man an unsubstantiated town read, along with Scotty. He cites "tone" for each of them. Okay then.
DFaraday wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:17 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm DF:
Posts a promise-to-catch-up post at the end of N0, misses all of D1, has a right (imo) read on Eloh. Also cursed with switched vowels D2. Another promise post, and then a post in which he says that LoRab's tone reminds him of her past baddie tone and he votes for her. That's it. Four posts. @DFaraday Now that you are not cursed, can you point to a few of LoRab's posts that led you to the wrong conclusion about her tone meta? DF is about as inconclusive as it gets. With no real room for null reads at this point, I have to put him in my poe. It's not because I find him suspicious, but because I have no reason to townclear him based on his content thus far.

Votes: Missed D1, LoRab D2
This is what struck me as defensive baddie:
LoRab wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:20 pm You know what I love--players telling me how I should play the game. Seriously. It's my favorite. Almost as much as when people say that civvies deserved to be lynched.

I wish I were bad--I find being bad much easier, but here we are. I'm civ. I wish I were able to help the civvies win.

If I'm lynched, go after Kate and Bea next. Scotty isn't making me feel great. Llama may also be a baddie--I keep going back and forth on him. And Dr Wilgy needs to stop licking people and hiding behind his goofiness--it is making me increasingly suspect him.
To me it almost came across like trying to garner sympathy, but I was obviously wrong about that.

I also now see that SVS replaced DH. That makes me feel much less confident in my baddie ploy theory.
G-man asks DF to justify his LoRab vote, and DF responds with a direct citation. Solid response. DF's response to G here tells me very little, but (as I said in my previous post), I think G-man's treatment of him here looks like a mafioso in search of more "suspects" to push.
DF abstains from yesterday's vote because he suspects neither of the two main candidates. Fine. His town read on G-man is at least consistent, although he never quite articulated why it existed. This is not the worst, but there is nothing in DF's posts that counts as "good" either. Inconclusive.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Pre-Game Setup]

Post by Sloonei »

DH -> G-man
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:35 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:16 pm Verily, I say unto thee, my brothers and sister- this game looks awesome. Let's have some fun! :)

PS- Could the hosts include the player list in the OP or somewhere? I'd like to start setting up my spreadsheet... old-school style! ;)
Narrowly I say unto thee,

H
i
Fluff

This post contains several ISOs, including one of G-man. DH offers a relatively unfavorable view of G-man, criticizing his inconsistent and hypocritical approach to Day 1. Not a bad look. Let's see how much it is followed up on.
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:45 am What about bea buddying G-Man is assuming that G-Man is town, given that there are two mafia teams?
DH doesn't know how many mafia teams there are, and also is commenting on Bea and G-man buddying. I can go either way with this. I think the belief that there were two teams is genuine, but I don't necessarily see that as a "townslip". I also don't think it's impossible that he is softly defending two teammates here. However, there is also an argument to be made that Mafia DH may not stick his neck out for Mafia Bea and Mafia G in one post like this. Especially when he has already been critical of G-man elsewhere. Let's keep going.
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:02 am
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:00 am Antispew is stopping to post when it looks like you're going to the block.
Your question wasn't dodged. I didn't work with the assumption that mafia can pocket another mafia like you did. I think you're the first I saw do that.
I amend my statement. Bea can be buddying G-Man and G-Man can be bad, if G-Man is Indie or Mafia and Bea is either Indie or Mafia.
Noted.
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:38 am Based on what I've read I think my highest chances of voting for a baddie are (in rough order)

G-Man
NAA
Scotty
Quin
Eloh
G-man is in DH's list of Day 1 suspects. I highlighted the dead players according to their alignments. On the one hand, it's encouraging that G-man is named here. On the other, this list contains five names. The rule of salad dictates that a list of five players probably contains at least one teammate.
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:12 pm I'm gonna Vote For G-Man

I will be a cold dead son of a bitch before I ever use that fucked up vote tag.
He follows through with a vote. i dig it.
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:04 pm G-Man donowalled my suspicion of him
DH feels jilted by G-man's lack of attention paid to his case. I'll tentatively call this a good look, though I wouldn't put it past DH to stage something like this. I believe he is capable of elaborate theatrics.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:41 am
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:38 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:36 am
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:34 am DH, a question for you.

You haven't voted yet. If you could vote for Scotty, would your vote currently be on Scotty?
I mean, more likely than not.
You had, perhaps short of a fixation, but certainly a focus on scotty on day one. He was in your baddie mix after you did isos, but ultimately you went with G-Man. What made you choose G-Man over Scotty yesterday, and why do you feel like that's swapped over today?
I feel like the answer to that question is in the substance that I posted that I seem to be lacking according to some people.
DH elects not to elaborate on why he chose G-man over another strong suspicion (Scotty) on Day 1. Noted.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:42 am As to why I'd be on him *today*, over say G-Man

Because I can.
G-man gets an incidental mention. Noted.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:19 am Genuinely haven't read much recently, did G-Man ever address anything I said or is he suffering the same "I can't see DH's posts" affliction that sig was?
He continues to feel spurned by G-man.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:19 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:15 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:10 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:09 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:07 pm I can only assume the people voting for me/suspecting me are town because you would have to be dumb as hell to hem me of all players up in a lynch rather than just NKing me.
There’s wifom all the way down with you today.
Yes because I'm famously well known for employing WIFOM.
I don't know if this is sarcasm of not, but "I am employing wifom because I am famously known for employing wifom" is the exact "imitating yourself" thing I was talking about.

It reads to me like you're trying to 'be DH' instead of actually just... solving some stuff.

Sloonei's point that you are not doing anything to perpetuate your reads is on point. I was asking you why you'd vote Scotty or G-Man today because at this point, to me, your vote for G-Man reads like a throaway excuse to not follow through on your obsession with Scotty.

I think there's a good chance you and scotty are w/w. I'm gonna be reading Scotty's posts to see if they back that up today.
No it doesn't because I read G-Man as bad and voted for him and repeatedly asked him to address my suspicions and he wouldn't.

No it doesn't because I explicitly said why I suspect G-Man and voted for G-Man.

Can someone please read any fucking post I make please God I'm begging you.
DH defends his handling of G-man when it is suggested that he has not built off his early. Noted. At this point, I think DH's emotions had overtaken him and he was more focused on refuting criticism than developing reads, so I'm hesitant to read too much into this as to how it reflects on the DH->G-man dynamic.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:26 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:07 pm I can only assume the people voting for me/suspecting me are town because you would have to be dumb as hell to hem me of all players up in a lynch rather than just NKing me.
Have any of your reads developed since you shared all your work on Day 1?
Nobody would read them if I did anyway so who cares :haha:
I am asking explicitly because I want to talk about your reads with you. I don’t need fully detailed ISOs. I just want to see what progress has been made.
I don't feel any better about G-Man, I don't feel any better about Scotty, I don't think I feel any better about NAA/Vivax (and the propensity for Mafia to be substitute-priority doesn't help here)

Other than that I don't really care/don't have anything of substance to offer.
This is a post that exists.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:36 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:04 pm G-Man donowalled my suspicion of him
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:19 am Genuinely haven't read much recently, did G-Man ever address anything I said or is he suffering the same "I can't see DH's posts" affliction that sig was?
Dont mind me just forgetting my G-Man suspicion exists lmao I'm so crazy.
We have reached a total communication breakdown at this point. I'm not going to bother to highlight any future posts like this one.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:05 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:03 pm Vanishing for most of the phase was not my intention. Here is a short version of what I have so far:

Several tiers based on participation-

Big Talk- Scotty, Sloonei, Golden coward, DH- I would be shocked if there wasn’t a baddie in that group. Maybe two, but lots of productive chatter for the most part.

Llama in a tier of his own, but I still feel loose llama is good llama.

VivAxe or Viv2.0, Eloh, Michelle, Quin- mixed bag here. Eloh was sussed yesterday, Viv2.0 is a reset and still murky on D1 NAA read, Michelle feels most ambiguous (her posts didn’t make any impression on me), and same goes for Quin. These folks are at radar-level. I need to ISO to see if I detected a skimmer.

Kate, sig, Bea, Wilgy- 1/2 seem off the table today and the sig is less memorable that Wilgy licking everything in sight. Under the radar crew- also need ISOs to find manufactured content.

G-Man, LoRab, DF- low posters. Not ideal to find myself in that camp that must be ‘dealt with’ before too long. I saw points about LR’s evasiveness but I’m not exactly one to harp on that without being a hypocrite just yet. DF… just needs to show up for the weekend and get some content before he becomes an afterthought to everything happening in the present.

I will try to speed read the day and make a vote after I get back from wife’s birthday dinner.

Too many null reads for me right now- not a good look. Need to get my head back in the game and sort out some townclears to help my poe.
Ah yes but I'm the one "posting and saying nothing"
Throws some snark at G-man's tiered reads list. The criticism of G-man is certainly an aspect of this post worth weighing. But I feel this post is more of a passive-aggressive dig at others than it is an act of aggression against G-man. Still, I don't think it's a bad look for DH as far as his alignment goes.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:55 pm ISO of purely N1/D2 posts:

G-Man:
Says the Vivax lynch "simplifies" the game "for us". The rest is fairly fluffy/OT.

Overall Read - Not bothered to fuck with a guy who has IRL stuff he's doing, but also, miffed that he's not addressed my ISO from D1 so he's still suspicious to me.
Golden:
Mourns the Splints kill. Does some light tilde solving stuff. Back and forth with Scotty here Which doesn't last long

Offers some reads here Namely wants more from DF/LoRab and has no reads on Michelle, Kate, Doc. Less so on Doc.

Votes Quin because he's "coasting"

Thinks My D1 stuff was fine but my D2 stuff is suspect.
Pinged by my Scotty post
Feels Like Eloh Townslipped

And the rest is back and forth with me pretty much which is funny but not productive.

Oh and also a DFaraday vote instead of a Lorab vote which is incredibly safe and therefore suspicious. Only marginally less suspicious because of how consistent it is.

Overall Read - I don't think Golden is bad. In the world that he is though, he's teammates with Scotty.
Kate
Tail end of Day 1 (once she started playing) She seemd pretty keen on a Scotty suspicion The rest is Most if not all OT stuff so again, not much to go on. Only real "ping" here is that Kate managed all D1 without contributing much (Not to be mean, but it is true) and then was targeted by OT Green? Smacks of mafia self targeting to get a lynch pass.
Llama
Wants to look at people who avoided the Eloh/Sloonei Wagons which I think is smart.
Disagrees that the Splints kill was "bizarre"
Didn't read anything I posted
Posts an updated Rainbow List Which reads to me as largely empty. Classic trying to appear helpful but not actually being that helpful.
Feels worse about Scotty after realizing that he voted Quin
Is suspicious of LoRab and Quin for being blendy/quiet
Votes LoRab
Votes Quin shortly after
Offers this explanation. Seems measured.

Overall Read: Still fairly okay with putting LLama in the town camp but I am pinged by the rainbow list "contribution". Though his other thoughts/posts have been contributory enough to excuse that
Lorab
"RIPIYWG" splintsHere And posits that splints was a "good kill" if someone on the mafia team has knowledge of her past games/skills.
Doesn't offer any reads because she doesn't want to help mafia And is paranoid about game secrets.
Defends herself here and here

Overall Read - I dunno maybe I'm stupid but this feels like a bandwagon/easy lynch to me.
Anyway thats just so far. Combine Kate's being OT'd with her vote on LoRab and she rockets up my suspect list.
Short comment about G-man, still wants him to respond to his now-somewhat-outdated case against him.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:45 pm G-Man/Kate/Vivax/Quin/Scotty is probably where I would start my hunt but what do I know.
I agree with part of this list. Salad Law still applies, though.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:05 am
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:43 am Virtue seems to have been absent for me last night.

@DharmaHelper my post at you sounded witty and snarky in my head at 12:30 a.m., but my brain woke me up over it twice last night. Now it reads more like a nasty asshole wrote it. That is not what I aspire to be. I apologize.

The salient point is that I brush past individual observations like yours most of the time and only slow down when it seems like misinterpretations and mischaracterizations are catching on as either a spreading theory or groupthink. You had a lot of points about me that were wrong but it would have been too much time and effort to slow down and refute that many points. Too much micro-focus on stuff like that is also something baddies fall into. I have the luxury of not needing to worry about little details that much because I am a civvie.

Sorry if my post pushed you further to or further over the edge.
nothing to do with you boss.
As I said before, I think the fact that G-man felt compelled to apologize to DH here is a good look for him. If they are teammates, this whole exchange probably never happens. Combined with DH's consistent, though stagnant, suspicion of G-man throughout his time in the game, there are certainly some points in his favor here. But there are also a few points that look really bad for DH in G-man's ISO.

I also feel that DH's frustration was genuine. While that made it difficult to assess some of his content as it pertains to G-man, I do think it is a good look for him as far as his alignment is concerned. I might be willing to call this slow a light town read, but with a few major concerns still lingering.

I'll get to the SVS portion later. It's nearly 2 AM again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Actually SVS's ISO from the time G-man was alive is relatively short, so:

Here she provides some sharp criticism of his play. Cool, noted. I do appreciate the read and would ordinarily give her very good marks for it. But a mid-game sub always has the potential to have formed reads before entering. At the very least, this is not a bad look for SVS.
S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:28 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:35 pm Vamoosing for a bit to get some work done (because, like it or not, playing mafia doesn't pay the bills). Here's where my ISO's stand so far:

Towncore:
-Bea
-Eloh
-G-Man
-Kate

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy

More to come tonight.
From your discussion of her in the last post, I would have guessed your position on Bea was "leans Town", NOT "Towncore". I did not do her second half in detail yet, will I see it there?

Dog is looking angry, lol, bbl.
This is not a bad observation. I dig it. And it's fresh, so she gets more credit this time.
S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:55 pm I moved my pressure vote to G Man. Still hoping to see Ms Marvel @bea
SVS votes for G-man. Cool. But...
S~V~S wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:47 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:38 pm Eh, I probably should have edited out more of those quotes. I underlined the salient bits, hopefully it's clear.
Actually those points of G Mans are what give me pause about him. Because in some ways I don’t disagree. I also think there is probably a baddie in You/Quin/Sloonei. Right now I’m leaning towards Sloonei. I felt this way having just spectated the thread, and you have ameliorated it to some extent

linki @Sloonei wete talking about who we would vote for if the rezz were triggered.
S~V~S wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:56 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:46 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:35 pm Dgoing with the tie. I hope rev knows better than i do. :(
Wow Bea, spicy!
I do not think these two are partnered based on this post.
I’m surprised you couldn’t tell that based on previous posts. Sorting Bea is important to me and I am not seeing civ Bea, but I’m also not 100% sure I’m not seeing distracted i

What do you think you’ve done so civvie that G Man is willing to die for you? I am perplexed by his fatalism.
SVS would eventually vote for me over G-man. She's already explained that this was more tactical than due to a preference for me over G-man. But even with that explanation, I can't simply look past the fact that she voted on the wrong wagon when it was Town Vs. Mafia. I don't hate her vote as much as I did initially.

Really the only point I am stuck on with this slot is that G-man voted for LoRab instead of DH on Day 2. That vote was so jarring and out of place that it was one of the centerpieces of my case against G-man. So why did he do it if not to save DH? If we can answer that question, SVS is a comfortable town read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”