House (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
87%

Total votes: 15
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 154

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:53 am Next question, could Elo/G-Man be w/w (hat's a question for the morning though).

For a 'non-productive' day one, I feel like I'm getting close to having a legit read on everyone (other than the low posters).
"w/w" = wolf/wolf?

Linki @Vivax thank you!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:47 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:46 am At the time I'm writing/reading all this:

bea - 21 posts
Spoiler: show
After some early game fun posts, downplays her ability as a mafia then the rest of Night 0 is more reminiscing.

As Day 1 begins, here to a vote from Scotty that seems a bit wonky, is "confused" by NotAnAxhole's post, defends her cheery attitude and is disheartened that she has gotten some votes. Agrees with G-Man RE: Day 1 needing to be more substantive and RE: laying out some adverbs. Has some interesting exchanges RE: DF's activity level. Particularly interested in the defense of DF by way of saying that Golden's defense of DF itself "vibes better" for Golden.Defends herself from Sig/Llama's criticism of low posters by saying she's getting back in the swing of things. Refuses to give a solid read/opinion on the current state of the game, instead saying she "generally sees the good in everyone".

Here she again downplays her ability to lie/be mafia

Here She offers 3 "reads". I say "reads" because they're "This person hasn't done anything noteworthy yet, this person is quiet, and this person is confusing" which mean nothing to me and could be taken any number of ways.

Has a bit of an exchange with Golden that doesn't seem to be amounting to much

Then forgets when the poll ends.

Overall Read - I don't like the "teehee I'm bad at being bad" stuff generally speaking. I don't think the reads she's offered up have any meat to them, and I think her G-Man post is buddying. Nothing I'm reading from her is quite worth a vote just yet but Bea is not comfortably outside of my radar by any means.
DFaraday - 1 post

Nothing here worth looking into or posting about, moving on!

Dr Wilgy - 15 posts
Here an early vote for Scotty that does not appear very serious. Which is then "revoked" here and replaced with a vote for Sig that doesn't appear very serious. Lots of licking summarized here

Overall Read - Doc is a strange guy and (intentionally) hard to nail down early. If later contributions are at this level I'm worried, but for now, nothing to make hay over.
Eloh - 12 Posts
Here is the Post Heard Round The World, Eloh attaches onto Sloonei's "suspicion" of sig, pointing out that she is not a fan of changing votes and would r ather take the day to consider things. Says that the only way sig would know votes were changeable would be after he'd voted (making his hasty vote suspect). Defends herself here by saying that Rule #5 says votes are "maybe" changeable. Says she'd read the ROLES, including "Moveable Votes", but didn't understand it. Claims she'd confused it for a RULE, but after sleeping on it sees the error she made. Retracts her sig suspicion.

Here and Here defends herself from mine and Scotty's comments by saying we ought to "know" to give her "leeway" and that she "wasn't lying". I confess to having intentionally responded only with a :ponder: to see what shook loose (if either she would respond defensively, or if someone would take the crumb and run with it, both of which happened).

Here is an exchange with Scotty. Scotty is saying Eloh "presented her suspicion in so many words" and dropped it "without offering any other reads for other players". Eloh's response is that "day one reads are a shot in the dark" and "there was a lot going on" at the time of her post. My two cents being that Eloh made a gut read oon sig based on faulty/misunderstood info, retracted it when she was found to have been misinformed, end of. I don't agree with the assertion by Scotty that she was obligated to offer another read or that she is suspicious for not having done so. Then Eloh makes some pretty generic statements about how mafia would act, and uses that to cast suspicion onto Scotty by saying he is being "kind of silly/off topic and distracting from gameplay". How that holds up will have to wait until I read Scotty's posts.

Here responds more in detail by offering commentary on my questions to Scotty, calling Scottys response "very bad". Says she's not voting for people she doesn't know.

Criticizes NotAnAxehole [url=https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?p=966070#p966070]Here
For being pessimistic about the lynch prospects.

Here Sees Scotty's response as him "edging off" his suspicion of her. Refuses to offer a baddie read when asked, but offers a tame, relatively safe "bea is a civ because she would have had teammates to tell her when the poll ends" read.

Overall Read - Indie probably.
Fingersplints - 13 Posts
After some N0 Fluff Defends NotAnAxhole's behavior as "NAI" when Llama starts sniffing around, but also says that llama's line of questioning is good. So a net 0.

[url=https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?p=966005#p966005]Here
Doesn't like the Eloh/Scotty discourse. Says Eloh was "quick to jump on" the sig stuff, but defends her and offers that it would've been "easier for mafia Eloh to leave the suspicion on sig", which I disagree with because it was such an easily disprovable suspicion. Says Scotty was "quick to jump on Eloh" which I agree with. Turns out Splints does want to jump into the Eloh/Scotty discourse, but may not want to look like she did.

Votes for Sloonei because she has "high expectations" and wants to see where they're at.

Sniffs out that Llama left out DFaraday as a low poster[url] (when Llama was saying that mafia are laying low/low posting).

Overall Read - I wanna see where the llama stuff goes. I'm leaning civ for Splints atm.
G-Man - 13 posts [spoiler] [url=http ... 65904]Here After some Night 0 fluff and catching up and whatnot, offers some mechanical insight into the game (specifically the adverb mechanics).

Here Says he's "useless" on Day 1.

Here Defends NotAnAxehole's behavior as "NAI" and suggests that we "ignore some of his punchier tendencies".

Here says that Llama being "loose" is a good sign

Here Says he doesn't want to lynch anyone with a low post count (LoRab, DF, Kate). Says he thinks Llama is good and that Eloh is "Bait". Doesn't want to lynch Vivax because they're new to each other. Thinks that "chopping from the top half of the post count" will yield the most content. (Scotty, Sloonei, Golden, Me, Bea, Michelle, and NAA)

Hesitates based on the Rez Mechanic.

Overall Read - Saying that you want a more productive Day 1 and then giving people who are being the least productive on Day 1 a lynch pass, while singling out the people who are giving you what you asked for as worth lynching is a bad look. Offering little "meat" yourself while requesting it from others is another bad look. My man is not a civ. [/spoiler]

Taking a break from my reads for now.

Here's a cleaner non-busted post
This post is stellar. Absolutely stellar.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:23 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:23 am
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:27 am I'm rereading the thread for bea, Scotty and Eloh all at the same time. Wawa word vomit time. Is it a grammatical error if the person's name is in itself, a grammatical error?
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm I voted bea because
A) she is extremely cheery
B) she is the first in the poll
C) I don’t know if it’s pronounced “bay” or “bee” or “bah-ee”
But mainly e) her first post was quoting another post, which is suspicious.

Boom! Roasted.
Why is opening with a quote suspicious?
It’s akin to the “coffee tell”, albeit infallible and full of holes. I don’t know the real reasoning behind the ‘tell’, but I believe the idea is that quoting someone else in your first post is a less organic entrance than if you were a town. I’ve been caught by others as mafia, which I thought was bullsuit being ‘caught’ with a *nothing* reason at the time. Now, sometimes I’ll do it as town just to see who bites.

Is bea the type to fall into the trap? I was mostly kidding, but then…what if i snagged the rat AND the cheese?
(I think bea looks fine now btw)
Oh boy, I didn’t go back and read but given this was quin’s response to scotty for his ‘opening with a quote post’ but he says axe’s vote has substance, that’s enough for me to vote [VOTE: Quin] aubergine
Did you continue to vote for Quin, or was this an on/off thing for you?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 575
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 5]

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:12 pm G Man was buddying me, guaranteed. Read my interactions with him, not just his with me. This is why I don't love ISO's, they're half of a picture.

I'm still slogging along in my real time thread read which I should have done days ago.

I think sig looks OK, I have no strong reads on him either way. I'll look while I'm reading. His posts have overall improved since I last saw him, and this could be coloring my opinion. But so far nothing that hooked me. I play from "looking for bad behavior" rather than trying to clear civ behavior. I am seeing nothing bad, but I will try looking from the other perspective.

Linki, I'm getting there re Sloonei. And I think Wilgy is civ.
Every time you and sig post I find myself nodding along.

I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad.

But ok here I am looking at your GMan interactions

-you enter on D2 with your first read list that you could vote there, but don’t follow up, instead launching a more detailed case on bea.
-Early day 3: “ I moved my pressure vote to G Man. Still hoping to see Ms Marvel @bea” | You vote for GMan as a “pressure vote” while still hedging on and more suspecting of bea
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:53 pm Current vote total as of ~7 hours left in Day 3:

GMan (4): SVS, Richochet, Scotty, DrWilgy
sig (3): Vivax, Kate, Golden
SVS (2): DFaraday, sig
Kate (1): Quin
Quin (1): GMan
Vivax (1): Sloonei

Not Voting (3): bea, Elo, Michelle

Currently insanified: Michelle, sig
S~V~S wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:09 pm I think the baddies were sitting back, figuring they could spend two days taking out DH and then maybe even Kate when DH flipped civ.

So there’s a little scrambling going on here.

We really need to lynch a baddie today. There are 3, maybe 4, people I won’t vote for, and I would rather not vote for the insanified.

But although I still feel GMan is not his civ self, I could move.
With 7 hours left in D3, you waffle and throw doubt about the GMan elimination, saying he doesn’t feel civ, but you could get in another wagon, though you won’t vote sig because that goes against your values of voting cursed players.

Then:
S~V~S wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:47 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:38 pm Eh, I probably should have edited out more of those quotes. I underlined the salient bits, hopefully it's clear.
Actually those points of G Mans are what give me pause about him. Because in some ways I don’t disagree. I also think there is probably a baddie in You/Quin/Sloonei. Right now I’m leaning towards Sloonei. I felt this way having just spectated the thread, and you have ameliorated it to some extent

linki @Sloonei wete talking about who we would vote for if the rezz were triggered.
You add even more seeds of doubt by saying you agree with his points about the big talkers. Subtly offering a favorable Sloonei elimination.
S~V~S wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:43 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:36 pm
A con't kuup lengur my uyus epun

:offtobed:

Good Night!

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Might change it again but right now he’s my top suspect.
Aaaaand firmly away from GMan.

@S~V~S is this the other half of the picture you wanted me to see? Cause it’s looking pretty high in scum equity with GMan lol
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:42 am I am mostly through day 1, and having the knowledge of subsequent deaths is helping me to get a better feel, and regain a bit of confidence. I've always been a "bull in the china shop" type of civvie, and it's a shitty bull that lacks confidence, that isn't how you break china.

@Sloonei I have a MUCH better feel for you, and am going to accept the real possibility that the baddies were trying to paint a baddie target on you. You are definitely more tentative than I recall you being, but then so am I and so are alot of people in this thread. I have seen some stuff in Day 1 in context (this works for me soooo much better than ISO's) and a quick ISO of the time between than and where I came in, during day 3, that clarifies you for me.
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:25 pm
Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:20 pm Dharma, llama I think are town
weaker TR on Wilgy

Could be tempted to townbin scotty + axe, but will decide later. More chaotic and less calculated suggests town)
Agree about Llama, they passed the vibe test until now
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:11 pm Voting for a Day 1 low-poster is a last resort option in the absence of “real” suspects.
This
Yet ... yet .... you voted for a low poster, and your rationale (not even in your voting post)

Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:33 am [VOTE: Dfaraday] aubergine
I know I will have to make a decision re Golden v. Quin, I have waffly feels re both Golden and Quin. Initially I had this "Baddie! Burn the Baddie!" thing going on in my head re Quin, but then when i realized why, and read him in context, that settled down and stopped coloring my reads. Then while I haven't felt a massively strong read on Golden, two things he's said, when he asked Kate if she was sure of me, then Kate dies that night. Then today, this:
Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:56 am Also funny that you just 'breezed right past' SVS's comment and chose to focus on me.
I know it's "Not all about me" (a chasm many mafia players fall into, imo, thinking the thread play revolves around them, and it's a mistake I'm prone to at times). But But this really feels like the baddies knew they had to get rid of the both of us, and I'd be an easier lynch. Planting those seeds, man.

So re those two, I'm still not getting a clear thread on either, but they've swapped spaces in my head canon.

So imma drop a placeholder vote on [VOTE: Michelle] aubergine cause I also think she could be bad. I think her overall ISO is wishy, and reading in context she is self contradictory.

Although I do give her civvie props for the poll shapshots, super useful and a good town look, especially if you are trying to cultivate a town look.

So this is likely to change, as I said, I need to make a choice re Golden/Quin in my own mind.
I’m not planting the seeds for your lynch… that comment was directed at Quin not you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Vivax »

G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:03 pm Vanishing for most of the phase was not my intention. Here is a short version of what I have so far:

Several tiers based on participation-

Big Talk- Scotty, Sloonei, Golden coward, DH- I would be shocked if there wasn’t a baddie in that group. Maybe two, but lots of productive chatter for the most part.

Llama in a tier of his own, but I still feel loose llama is good llama.

VivAxe or Viv2.0, Eloh, Michelle, Quin- mixed bag here. Eloh was sussed yesterday, Viv2.0 is a reset and still murky on D1 NAA read, Michelle feels most ambiguous (her posts didn’t make any impression on me), and same goes for Quin. These folks are at radar-level. I need to ISO to see if I detected a skimmer.

Kate, sig, Bea, Wilgy- 1/2 seem off the table today and the sig is less memorable that Wilgy licking everything in sight. Under the radar crew- also need ISOs to find manufactured content.

G-Man, LoRab, DF- low posters. Not ideal to find myself in that camp that must be ‘dealt with’ before too long. I saw points about LR’s evasiveness but I’m not exactly one to harp on that without being a hypocrite just yet. DF… just needs to show up for the weekend and get some content before he becomes an afterthought to everything happening in the present.

I will try to speed read the day and make a vote after I get back from wife’s birthday dinner.

Too many null reads for me right now- not a good look. Need to get my head back in the game and sort out some townclears to help my poe.
Potentially juicy post here.
A scummer is unlikely to amalgamate his teammates in a ‚block‘ (that would just feel sloppy and I think is somewhat of an universal tendency).

That taken into consideration it seems advisable to form combinations picking a name from each block while hoping he didn‘t mention two buds in the same breath.

On phone but that‘d be my approach when I‘m back on a PC
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:05 pm Golden and Sloonei

This is a pairing of players that I think go hand in hand. Not because I think they’re on the same team but because I don’t think they’re w/w.

Golden is someone that has expressed keen interest in pinning down Sloonei’s role. Golden has like 6 people’s roles “in mind” which is just dandy for him. I also have roles in mind for people, but the weird part to me is that when pressed on it, Golden zips up his mouth and becomes slightly indignant talking about it, suggesting mafia will get whiffs of his grand role matching and use it against the town. He compounds this attitude with unabashedly- and unprompted- also inserting throughout the game “I have a role in mind for {x} player” which is like that acquaintance on Facebook that casually makes their status “I can’t believe this happened to me today!” allowing concerned comments to pile up for a few days, and never resolving it. What happened to you, Chelsea?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO MY PSYCHE.

I’m glad that Golden has roles in mind for people, and that may very well help his own game. But at some point as we start whittling down players, communitizing role guesses becomes less about “not giving mafia the benefit of information” and more about “helping the town as a whole identify and make better choices so we don’t lose the game.”

There’s a certain gate keeping of “the old ways” that I willingly want to respect, but I’m also not one to throw away the key to unlocking the game because “that’s not the way we do things here”. In this game, confidence in reads and how you flaunt that confidence dictates a lot of reads for other people.

All of this leads to my hesitance and blatant confusion when it comes to my read of Sloonei. It’s Golden and Golden specifically that has kept me from hard townreading Sloonei, and it’s because of his vague confidence that Sloonei isn’t the one that switched the first elimination to Vivax1.0. I can’t pry out what Golden really thinks Sloonei is, and we can’t info dump in this game (That’s fine, wouldn’t ask it if anyone had info) but it could be heavily inferred that Sloonei and Quin were masons. It made sense with the blatant shielding going on early. But Sloonei- after a couple days of hard town reading Quin- walked back his Townread to a more questionable read of him on day 3. This seemed to fracture Golden’s crystal ball for a second, but it seemed in-thread that it was a brief stay of confusion before he just shrugged it off and maybe conf biased himself that it was just a blip and everything is still fine and dandy. This confused the shit out of me. Because that didn’t seem like an attitude of a player with a Mason in Quin. So if he isn’t a Mason, and isn’t the elim switcher…I got nothing to explain Sloonei’s behavior this game.

On Night 2, Sloonei showed some flashes of old civ Sloonei, with deep dives into ISOs and interactions with DrWilgy and then a pretty thorough casing on GMan, which was welcomed! But before that? Wet towel. Even now, after bea’s untimely demise, his comment of “I wish this person rezzed can just take my place”. I don’t get it. It’s like he has not spark or drive this game. It’s really bugging me out.

But here’s what I think:

I think Sloonei is town. And that is because I think Golden is intentionally or unintentionally misleading or at least has convinced himself that the puzzle piece that he holds still fits, even though he’s trying to trade 3 sheep for 2 wood in a game of Monopoly.
Hey Scotty

I already told you. It’s called infodumping man and it’s not on.

You trust me and listen to me, or you don’t. But it’s not about ‘not helping wolves’. It’s about playing role madness old school, and solving the game with a spreadsheet.

Not sharing vomps tildes was about not telling wolves but… that’s because vomps was a vanilla civ and I wanted them to be worried about the power.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:56 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:53 am Next question, could Elo/G-Man be w/w (hat's a question for the morning though).

For a 'non-productive' day one, I feel like I'm getting close to having a legit read on everyone (other than the low posters).
"w/w" = wolf/wolf?

Linki @Vivax thank you!
Yes.

I’ve long stopped thinking elo is bad though.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:11 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:27 am I'm rereading the thread for bea, Scotty and Eloh all at the same time. Wawa word vomit time. Is it a grammatical error if the person's name is in itself, a grammatical error?

Boom! Roasted.
It’s akin to the “coffee tell”, albeit infallible and full of holes. I don’t know the real reasoning behind the ‘tell’, but I believe the idea is that quoting someone else in your first post is a less organic entrance than if you were a town. I’ve been caught by others as mafia, which I thought was bullsuit being ‘caught’ with a *nothing* reason at the time. Now, sometimes I’ll do it as town just to see who bites.

Is bea the type to fall into the trap? I was mostly kidding, but then…what if i snagged the rat AND the cheese?
Oh boy, I didn’t go back and read but given this was quin’s response to scotty for his ‘opening with a quote post’ but he says axe’s vote has substance, that’s enough for me to vote [VOTE: Quin] aubergine
I stopped voting Quin based on sloonei’s vouching for a while. It took my eye off the ball.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:25 pm

This is a pairing of players that I think go hand in hand. Not because I think they’re on the same team but because I don’t think they’re w/w.

Golden is someone that has expressed keen interest in pinning down Sloonei’s role. Golden has like 6 people’s roles “in mind” which is just dandy for him. I also have roles in mind for people, but the weird part to me is that when pressed on it, Golden zips up his mouth and becomes slightly indignant talking about it, suggesting mafia will get whiffs of his grand role matching and use it against the town. He compounds this attitude with unabashedly- and unprompted- also inserting throughout the game “I have a role in mind for {x} player” which is like that acquaintance on Facebook that casually makes their status “I can’t believe this happened to me today!” allowing concerned comments to pile up for a few days, and never resolving it. What happened to you, Chelsea?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO MY PSYCHE.

I’m glad that Golden has roles in mind for people, and that may very well help his own game. But at some point as we start whittling down players, communitizing role guesses becomes less about “not giving mafia the benefit of information” and more about “helping the town as a whole identify and make better choices so we don’t lose the game.”

There’s a certain gate keeping of “the old ways” that I willingly want to respect, but I’m also not one to throw away the key to unlocking the game because “that’s not the way we do things here”. In this game, confidence in reads and how you flaunt that confidence dictates a lot of reads for other people.

All of this leads to my hesitance and blatant confusion when it comes to my read of Sloonei. It’s Golden and Golden specifically that has kept me from hard townreading Sloonei, and it’s because of his vague confidence that Sloonei isn’t the one that switched the first elimination to Vivax1.0. I can’t pry out what Golden really thinks Sloonei is, and we can’t info dump in this game (That’s fine, wouldn’t ask it if anyone had info) but it could be heavily inferred that Sloonei and Quin were masons. It made sense with the blatant shielding going on early. But Sloonei- after a couple days of hard town reading Quin- walked back his Townread to a more questionable read of him on day 3. This seemed to fracture Golden’s crystal ball for a second, but it seemed in-thread that it was a brief stay of confusion before he just shrugged it off and maybe conf biased himself that it was just a blip and everything is still fine and dandy. This confused the shit out of me. Because that didn’t seem like an attitude of a player with a Mason in Quin. So if he isn’t a Mason, and isn’t the elim switcher…I got nothing to explain Sloonei’s behavior this game.

On Night 2, Sloonei showed some flashes of old civ Sloonei, with deep dives into ISOs and interactions with DrWilgy and then a pretty thorough casing on GMan, which was welcomed! But before that? Wet towel. Even now, after bea’s untimely demise, his comment of “I wish this person rezzed can just take my place”. I don’t get it. It’s like he has not spark or drive this game. It’s really bugging me out.

But here’s what I think:

I think Sloonei is town. And that is because I think Golden is intentionally or unintentionally misleading or at least has convinced himself that the puzzle piece that he holds still fits, even though he’s trying to trade 3 sheep for 2 wood in a game of Monopoly.
Hey Scotty

You trust me and listen to me, or you don’t. But it’s not about ‘not helping wolves’. It’s about playing role madness old school, and solving the game with a spreadsheet.

Not sharing vomps tildes was about not telling wolves but… that’s because vomps was a vanilla civ and I wanted them to be worried about the power.
I’m not asking to infodump. Infodumping implies you have info. Guess dumping isn’t a phrase, but if it were, it would be allowed.

I’m guessing Sloonei is one thing. You are guessing he is another. Both can be expressed.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I feel like one of those one man bands today. Sorry I'm making all these posts, I'll try to put stuff into one post instead. Linki glad to see more posting!

@Scotty , that's not how I remember it. This was my first post,
S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:55 pm OK, glad to be here! I have been following the game, and have some pretty defined opinions. I work M-F 8-5, and am very unlikely to be able to post during those times, just an FYI.

First to clear up a few things. DH and i have played together for YEARS, as teammates, as adversaries, we played D&D together for a while. One thing I know about DH, when DH is bad, he takes his frustration to the chat. He's calm, he spends much more time playing nice when he's bad. I'm watching this classic thread derail (and again, this is something I know about, have derailed more than one thread with him and others) yelling at my monitor, "HE'S A CIV". @Kate I'm talking to you, I think that was a civ/civ situation. Classic.

And I have his role card now, and can guarantee you he was a civ. @DharmaHelper thanks for what you said in the Zero poll :hugs:

OK, I am NOT a fan of naming civs, the baddies do get to NK people, but they also still have to lynch people. And if everyone thinks person X is civ, they can't lynch them, that cuts down their chances for opportunism. That said, in "Modern" (@Scotty :pout: )mafia, that apparently is not the case, so I will give general impressions of everyone. There are a few people I will not lynch, and I will work hard against a lynch wagon on any of them, should one form. And that's all I'm saying about that.

I left the dead on the list for my reasons. I will go between ped and sarc to make it easier to read. I have more firmly formed opinions on some than others.

Are the polls posted? I thought I saw them, but I'm not sure where they are. Can someone help a girl out? Also was there much voting without posting? I saw some discussion of it, but didn't really watch the poll while following.

THE AMAZING PLAYERS!
bea- Bea! Come out and play, I am not thrilled with the Bea I'm seeing. I know time is tight, but I am missing your insights. I could vote for her.
DFaraday- As always very quiet. I do know he is responsible when bad. If he's missing votes, not sure bad DF would do so. But it's been years, so I have to look at votes.
DharmaHelper-Such a civ it's a shame you all missed it.
DrWilgy-He's licking people? This seems like standard Wilgy chaos? I can never tell with him. What does his voting record look like?
Elohcin- I think she's likely civ, unless her game has changed tons (and iirc she said she doesn't play much?) I have nothing to question here.
fingersplints-I am curious about those saying Splints was most def civ, but saying Kate self targeted. What did Splints do that was so civvie? If the rez comes up, I'll be voting Llama as of now.
G-Man- I could vote here. I have seen both G men, bad and good, and he is a stellar civ, a self conscious baddie. Halloween weekend, he's a Dad. Give me more G, man. You're looking self conscious.
Golden-I am super conflicted here. He looks like civ Golden, he sounds like civ Golden, but his conclusions are very different than mine. So definite middle ground for me.
Kate- I KNOW Kate, and like DH, she would NEVER have that hissy thing in thread if she was bad. When she was OT'ed she was here like all the time. I would be amazed if she was bad
thellama73- I think he was a civ, and as of now, he has my rez vote should that be triggered.
Lorab- I am flummoxed that any pre-Syndicate old timey players suspected her. She always looks shady to those newer to her. Did Bea vote for her?
Michelle- I know i played with her once or so, I have zero impression of her here except "blendy". Those who know her, is this her norm? If not, I could vote here, too.
NotAnAxehole-I thought he was bad. I especially thought his suggestion of a firedrill was bad, but that could be my bias. I have to compare Vivax1 to Vivax2. Haven't done that yet.
Quin-TBH, quin/Scotty/Golden/Llama were all blending in for me a bit while I was following, I need to read him. I have no impression of him, and I should.
Scotty-I think he's probably a civ. I grossly misread him once, and the person I am seeing here is that person. Anyone have a recent Scotty bad game I could see?
sig- Blendy sig is blendy. Is this still the case? Not seeing anything overtly scary, I need opinions here.
Sloonei-I am not seeing the civ Sloonei I knew and feared, but he may have changed up his game? Could I see recent good/bads for him maybe?
Vivax- Like I said, I felt NAA was bad, but it was for mainly undefined reasons. Vivax seems more civ, but I need to do a read on him tbh

So where is everyone else at?
Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:35 pm Has anyone completed a recount of yesterday's vote and compiled the order? I'm not sure that's worded right... If not, does anyone plan to? I think yesterday's lynch could give us some valuable info.
This ^^ I could use some poll help, and it's a good way to get discussion going.
I also had another post where I said, "I need more G, Man." But I can't find it. I voted Bea becasue I suspected her :shrug: She is a close friend and I thought I could read her well, but I was wrong. Part of it is my own fault, you can't search my posts for "G-Man", since I usually write G Man without the little *-*. It was easier on my old phone, and I got in the habit.

@Golden I know it was aimed at Quin, not me. But what would the implication be of him ignoring me to focus on you? That we're teammates? That's how I read it. Thanks for the clarity, though.
Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:59 pm
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:56 pm @Vivax why were those three names (bea, eloh, golden) important to you?
I find them harder to get a read on and they're sitting in a pool with you.
Not including DFaraday and LoraB who just get nullbinned for D1.
Are you really nullbinning LoRab?
Nullbinning?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:31 pm

But here’s what I think:

Hey Scotty

I’m not asking to infodump. Infodumping implies you have info. Guess dumping isn’t a phrase, but if it were, it would be allowed.

I’m guessing Sloonei is one thing. You are guessing he is another. Both can be expressed.
Guess dumping was never ok. Even if it’s technically allowed, it does give info… roles that I am not.

The way to get people on board is to breadcrumb others to find the answer for themselves. I think there’s plenty of evidence for my take of Sloonei at this point.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:33 pm I feel like one of those one man bands today. Sorry I'm making all these posts, I'll try to put stuff into one post instead. Linki glad to see more posting!

S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:55 pm OK, glad to be here! I have been following the game, and have some pretty defined opinions. I work M-F 8-5, and am very unlikely to be able to post during those times, just an FYI.

First to clear up a few things. DH and i have played together for YEARS, as teammates, as adversaries, we played D&D together for a while. One thing I know about DH, when DH is bad, he takes his frustration to the chat. He's calm, he spends much more time playing nice when he's bad. I'm watching this classic thread derail (and again, this is something I know about, have derailed more than one thread with him and others) yelling at my monitor, "HE'S A CIV". @Kate I'm talking to you, I think that was a civ/civ situation. Classic.

And I have his role card now, and can guarantee you he was a civ. @DharmaHelper thanks for what you said in the Zero poll :hugs:

OK, I am NOT a fan of naming civs, the baddies do get to NK people, but they also still have to lynch people. And if everyone thinks person X is civ, they can't lynch them, that cuts down their chances for opportunism. That said, in "Modern" (@Scotty :pout: )mafia, that apparently is not the case, so I will give general impressions of everyone. There are a few people I will not lynch, and I will work hard against a lynch wagon on any of them, should one form. And that's all I'm saying about that.

I left the dead on the list for my reasons. I will go between ped and sarc to make it easier to read. I have more firmly formed opinions on some than others.

Are the polls posted? I thought I saw them, but I'm not sure where they are. Can someone help a girl out? Also was there much voting without posting? I saw some discussion of it, but didn't really watch the poll while following.

THE AMAZING PLAYERS!
bea- Bea! Come out and play, I am not thrilled with the Bea I'm seeing. I know time is tight, but I am missing your insights. I could vote for her.
DFaraday- As always very quiet. I do know he is responsible when bad. If he's missing votes, not sure bad DF would do so. But it's been years, so I have to look at votes.
DrWilgy-He's licking people? This seems like standard Wilgy chaos? I can never tell with him. What does his voting record look like?
Elohcin- I think she's likely civ, unless her game has changed tons (and iirc she said she doesn't play much?) I have nothing to question here.
fingersplints-I am curious about those saying Splints was most def civ, but saying Kate self targeted. What did Splints do that was so civvie? If the rez comes up, I'll be voting Llama as of now.
G-Man- I could vote here. I have seen both G men, bad and good, and he is a stellar civ, a self conscious baddie. Halloween weekend, he's a Dad. Give me more G, man. You're looking self conscious.
Golden-I am super conflicted here. He looks like civ Golden, he sounds like civ Golden, but his conclusions are very different than mine. So definite middle ground for me.
Kate- I KNOW Kate, and like DH, she would NEVER have that hissy thing in thread if she was bad. When she was OT'ed she was here like all the time. I would be amazed if she was bad
thellama73- I think he was a civ, and as of now, he has my rez vote should that be triggered.
Lorab- I am flummoxed that any pre-Syndicate old timey players suspected her. She always looks shady to those newer to her. Did Bea vote for her?
Michelle- I know i played with her once or so, I have zero impression of her here except "blendy". Those who know her, is this her norm? If not, I could vote here, too.
NotAnAxehole-I thought he was bad. I especially thought his suggestion of a firedrill was bad, but that could be my bias. I have to compare Vivax1 to Vivax2. Haven't done that yet.
Quin-TBH, quin/Scotty/Golden/Llama were all blending in for me a bit while I was following, I need to read him. I have no impression of him, and I should.
Scotty-I think he's probably a civ. I grossly misread him once, and the person I am seeing here is that person. Anyone have a recent Scotty bad game I could see?
sig- Blendy sig is blendy. Is this still the case? Not seeing anything overtly scary, I need opinions here.
Sloonei-I am not seeing the civ Sloonei I knew and feared, but he may have changed up his game? Could I see recent good/bads for him maybe?
Vivax- Like I said, I felt NAA was bad, but it was for mainly undefined reasons. Vivax seems more civ, but I need to do a read on him tbh

Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:35 pm Has anyone completed a recount of yesterday's vote and compiled the order? I'm not sure that's worded right... If not, does anyone plan to? I think yesterday's lynch could give us some valuable info.
This ^^ I could use some poll help, and it's a good way to get discussion going.
I also had another post where I said, "I need more G, Man." But I can't find it. I voted Bea becasue I suspected her :shrug: She is a close friend and I thought I could read her well, but I was wrong. Part of it is my own fault, you can't search my posts for "G-Man", since I usually write G Man without the little *-*. It was easier on my old phone, and I got in the habit.

@Golden I know it was aimed at Quin, not me. But what would the implication be of him ignoring me to focus on you? That we're teammates? That's how I read it. Thanks for the clarity, though.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:56 pm @Vivax why were those three names (bea, eloh, golden) important to you?
Nullbinning?
Yes, i can see how you would read in that implication, but I didn’t intend it to be there.

The issue for me was Quin directing your line at me as though I had said it.

I was repeating vivax use of the word but I took it to mean ‘putting people in my bucket of null reads’.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

SVS I have a town read on you. It’s a town read I don’t trust because I never trust my read on you. But I trust Kate’s read on you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

(Also, btw scotty, you don’t know it wouldn’t be infodumping. And that’s the real heart of it.)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden I wasn't questioning the post, I just didn't know what nullbinning meant.

But I'm pretty sure that was the first time I saw it? Maybe he spelled it different or i missed it, ultra possible. I'm trying to read closely but with all the nested quotes it's hard.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

duh, it's in the same post lol nvm I searched "binning" not binned.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

But here’s what I think:

Hey Scotty

“You trust me and listen to me, or you don’t. But it’s not about ‘not helping wolves’. It’s about playing role madness old school, and solving the game with a spreadsheet.”

:sigh: You’re a brick wall. And the bricker you are, the less I wall want to trust you.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:27 pm

Boom! Roasted.

I stopped voting Quin based on sloonei’s vouching for a while. It took my eye off the ball.
And
Now?

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:41 pm SVS I have a town read on you. It’s a town read I don’t trust because I never trust my read on you. But I trust Kate’s read on you.
G-man mentioned

DH, Scotty, Golden, Sloonei

Do you disagree with my suggestion on how to analyze G-Man‘s post ?
Cause you and Sloonei are a pairing that we have to lim into at some point, methinks.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:46 pm

Boom! Roasted.

And
Now?
oh right, you’re voting there.

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Well aware I‘m roughly repeating Scotty‘s suggestions from a more personal perspective
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:33 pm I feel like one of those one man bands today. Sorry I'm making all these posts, I'll try to put stuff into one post instead. Linki glad to see more posting!

THE AMAZING PLAYERS!

Nullbinning?
Yeah, I read it. That first post is what I was mentioning. Every post after that was a slow pulling back off of GMan and onto someone else.

I read every post in your ISO. It looks bad RE GMan :beer:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vivax wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:49 pm Well aware I‘m roughly repeating Scotty‘s suggestions from a more personal perspective
I’m happy that you are making it your own.

I never expect everyone to read all the wall posts and I especially expect people to come to their own conclusions. That we are parroting similar ideas is probably a good sign

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vivax wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:46 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:41 pm SVS I have a town read on you. It’s a town read I don’t trust because I never trust my read on you. But I trust Kate’s read on you.
G-man mentioned

Cause you and Sloonei are a pairing that we have to lim into at some point, methinks.
What would you say if there were a max of only 1 baddie in DH/Golden/Sloonei and who would it be?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And
Now?
I was mainly curious why he let it go. Just becasue he has a role in mind for Sloonei doesn't mean Slooneis reads are infallible.

I have to do IRL stuff for a bit, I will bbl. I have over 30 pages to go, not sure if that's gonna happen, but I'm gonna try to at least get to the point where I showed up :derp:

Linki @Scotty well, that's your opinion, I think you're a civ, I don't think you're infallible.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:53 pm
G-man mentioned

What would you say if there were a max of only 1 baddie in DH/Golden/Sloonei and who would it be?
Golden. DH was a civ. I feel tons better about Sloonei. I am guessing you do, too?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 149

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by DrWilgy »

Vivax wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:31 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:20 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:56 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:21 am caught up and just want to say that everything from Vivax so far today smells very stinky.
When Eloh starts speaking my language the tastes become of smooth butter.
@bea, you might need to start coaching your teammate :haha:
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:36 pm
Vivax wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:32 pm Thread feels like it wants to gaslight me into going after Sloon, Eloh and Wilgy.
I'm surprised gaslighting would be required for this.
*squints*
What does your squinting taste like? Salty wolf fur?

Also I think that Eloh's point towards Bea you quoted above actually tastes pretty strange post Bea flip.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:45 pm

But here’s what I think:

Hey Scotty

“You trust me and listen to me, or you don’t. But it’s not about ‘not helping wolves’. It’s about playing role madness old school, and solving the game with a spreadsheet.”

:sigh: You’re a brick wall. And the bricker you are, the less I wall want to trust you.
Only you can stop yourself hitting the brick wall.

It’s really not my fault that you want more than I can give. I’ve explained why… you’ll literally never get more from me than what you’re getting in a game like this. This is the way.

I’ve given you enough breadcrumb that you should be able to follow it for yourself. If you don’t, I can’t do much about it.

Trusting isn’t about trusting *me*, as in specifically golden. It’s about trusting in the school of thought.

I dunno, SVS might be able to have a crack at explaining old school role hint etiquette if you can’t take it from me.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:53 pm

And
Now?
I was mainly curious why he let it go. Just becasue he has a role in mind for Sloonei doesn't mean Slooneis reads are infallible.

I have to do IRL stuff for a bit, I will bbl. I have over 30 pages to go, not sure if that's gonna happen, but I'm gonna try to at least get to the point where I showed up :derp:

Linki @Scotty well, that's your opinion, I think you're a civ, I don't think you're infallible.
>takes off fingernails
>bugs crawl out
>puts on my fancy gloves

[VOTE: SVS] aubergine

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:54 pm
G-man mentioned

Golden. DH was a civ. I feel tons better about Sloonei. I am guessing you do, too?
I would have no choice but to pick you in this group of three. But G-Man was so insistent on high posters that I’m quite comfortable believing all his teammates are low posters.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:53 pm

And
Now?

You are right, sloonei’s reads aren’t infallible.

I thought it wasn’t a read. Check the roles and maybe you’ll get what I’ve been putting down. Or maybe not.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:57 pm
G-man mentioned

I would have no choice but to pick you in this group of three. But G-Man was so insistent on high posters that I’m quite comfortable believing all his teammates are low posters.
What do you think of his progression of slowly extracting DH/SVS from that list of high posters to the point where he honed in on just you and Sloonei?

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

G-man mentioned

SVS probably not.
The S/G pairing is trickier. I‘m mostly interested into forcing the hand of its constituents and work from that.

Cause I don‘t think it‘s unreasonable to expect the town of that pair to think the other is mafia, knowing his own alignment.

That not happening would make the pair move towards a s/s scenario, which is something that crossed my mind too during D1 (though I was obviously more concerned with just limming not-me being 3p and all)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, I don't think you're infallible lol, @Scotty . I suspected G Man from the time I got in the door, I thought bea looked worse what can I tell you? You don't agree, it's a free thread.

Also gotta go send that cheesecake recipe to her. Later happy mafia players!

And @Golden that infallible remark on my part was directed to Scotty, not Sloonei.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:59 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:57 pm
G-man mentioned

What do you think of his progression of slowly extracting DH/SVS from that list of high posters to the point where he honed in on just you and Sloonei?
I have seen your posts but I haven’t read them yet.

At the time, I thought G and DH were teammate compatible and in fact a lot of my thoughts on DH, if you go back, we’re based very specifically in a G/scotty/DH w/w/w world. DH tunneled you, voted G, then went back to sussing you instead of G once you weren’t on the poll (no phone, not pill).

Like, I think you might be seeing what I was going on about back on day two!

But right now I feel ok about SVS. I think I like that she keeps coming back around to me and is never satisfied with her read on me. It would be easiest thing for her to have coddled me so that I backed off from my vocal suspicion of DH, but she came in going ‘I’m not sure this is the civ golden I know’,

I will read your posts properly soon.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:55 pm

But here’s what I think:

Hey Scotty

It’s really not my fault that you want more than I can give. I’ve explained why… you’ll literally never get more from me than what you’re getting in a game like this. This is the way.

I’ve given you enough breadcrumb that you should be able to follow it for yourself. If you don’t, I can’t do much about it.

Trusting isn’t about trusting *me*, as in specifically golden. It’s about trusting in the school of thought.

I dunno, SVS might be able to have a crack at explaining old school role hint etiquette if you can’t take it from me.
Yeah, I was never one to successfully find or follow breadcrumbs- I prefer to eat the whole gingerbread house

This is like playing on hard mode.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:35 am Even though bea flipped town, I feel like being 'off bea' isn't a good look. Bea really looked scummy... the vote on G-Man day was bad and she went into antispew.

Personally I'll be shocked if there are no mafia in the non-bea voters and Quin and DF are my top two options (for reasons of already trusting Sloon and Wilgy, although I would like to hear their reasoning for the same, as well). I think it's likely that there are mafia who seek the shelter of not being on a civ flip.

I'm looking through Quin's day 4 stuff now and even at the time it skeeved my out but I can articulate it better now.

When I voted for DF, what I was talking about was the value of a counterwagon to learning information.
When Quin voted for Eloh, he was talking about trying to find scum on the bea wagon and looking for people phoning it in with their bea vote.

Mafia don't want to 'phone it in' if they bus a teammate. They want to look good. They want the bus to give them civ cred.

I just don't see the civvie logic at all in Quin, all game really. Everything he says and does comes across as manufactured to me, I try to put myself in his mind and I can't see the civ logic to get where he gets to.
“Mafia don't want to 'phone it in' if they bus a teammate. They want to look good. They want the bus to give them civ cred.“

You mean like what Wilgy did to GMan the other day?

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by Vivax »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:55 pm
Vivax wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:31 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:20 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:56 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:21 am caught up and just want to say that everything from Vivax so far today smells very stinky.
When Eloh starts speaking my language the tastes become of smooth butter.
@bea, you might need to start coaching your teammate :haha:
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:36 pm
Vivax wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:32 pm Thread feels like it wants to gaslight me into going after Sloon, Eloh and Wilgy.
I'm surprised gaslighting would be required for this.
*squints*
What does your squinting taste like? Salty wolf fur?

Also I think that Eloh's point towards Bea you quoted above actually tastes pretty strange post Bea flip.
Mostly I taste of coffee and cigarettes I‘d wager.
Other times parmesan and olive oil.
Rarely salty but it happens.

Yeah the point towards you summoned visions of eloh/wilgy teams for me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:05 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:35 am Even though bea flipped town, I feel like being 'off bea' isn't a good look. Bea really looked scummy... the vote on G-Man day was bad and she went into antispew.

Personally I'll be shocked if there are no mafia in the non-bea voters and Quin and DF are my top two options (for reasons of already trusting Sloon and Wilgy, although I would like to hear their reasoning for the same, as well). I think it's likely that there are mafia who seek the shelter of not being on a civ flip.

I'm looking through Quin's day 4 stuff now and even at the time it skeeved my out but I can articulate it better now.

When I voted for DF, what I was talking about was the value of a counterwagon to learning information.
When Quin voted for Eloh, he was talking about trying to find scum on the bea wagon and looking for people phoning it in with their bea vote.

Mafia don't want to 'phone it in' if they bus a teammate. They want to look good. They want the bus to give them civ cred.

I just don't see the civvie logic at all in Quin, all game really. Everything he says and does comes across as manufactured to me, I try to put myself in his mind and I can't see the civ logic to get where he gets to.
“Mafia don't want to 'phone it in' if they bus a teammate. They want to look good. They want the bus to give them civ cred.“

Wilgy did what I would do.

But I don’t think wilgy is bad.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

But I think town clearing him for that vote is a bad idea. I lean town on his overall game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:55 pm

But here’s what I think:

Hey Scotty

Yeah, I was never one to successfully find or follow breadcrumbs- I prefer to eat the whole gingerbread house

This is like playing on hard mode.
I understand but I would like it if you ‘get it’ even if you don’t like it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Scotty "hard mode" is exactly it. From the perspective of the way we used to play, role/info dumping was considered lazy play. If you couldn't eliminate your opponents without resorting to info in the thread, you needed to try harder. I am NOT saying this is so or that anyone thinks that anymore, just that this is the attitude we had, and it can be hard to break old habits. Infodumping was a modkillable offense depending on the host. Like not revealing NK's, etc. It makes it harder, it's more engaging, believe it or not.

Now really, putting down the phone :noble:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:03 pm Well, I don't think you're infallible lol, @Scotty . I suspected G Man from the time I got in the door, I thought bea looked worse what can I tell you? You don't agree, it's a free thread.

Also gotta go send that cheesecake recipe to her. Later happy mafia players!

And @Golden that infallible remark on my part was directed to Scotty, not Sloonei.
I mean, what you were thinking might be different than what was written. I wouldn’t know what you didn’t transcribe in the thread. That doesn’t make me infallible, that just makes me observant. And from my observations, the thread speaks for itself.

I’m not saying your actions aren’t something a civ would do. Purely from a circumstantial standpoint, you and GMan are perfectly compatible as teammates is all I’m saying.

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:07 pm

:/

Not a good thing to say.
Assuming how we‘d act in a scummers shoes is part of the toolkit, and lack of suspicion towards players from being more aware of their townie actions is also an alarm bell.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:12 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:07 pm

:/

Not a good thing to say.
Assuming how we‘d act in a scummers shoes is part of the toolkit, and lack of suspicion towards players from being more aware of their townie actions is also an alarm bell.
No
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Am I gonna turn around and suspect scotty because he does something I’d do when scum?

Is it scum of me to not suspect scotty?

This game isn’t transmutative. What is a property on scumminess does not automatically impart a scum card.

I don’t think wilgy is scum despite the thing, not because of it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Property of*
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Yes.
Townies are the murderous mobster lobsters and mafia are the sleazy smooth politicians
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Unless what you’re saying is ‘golden is aware of what he’d do when bad because he’s bad’

In which case, let me point you to the number of mafia wins I’ve had here which have come on the back of perfecting the art of bussing teammates at just the right time for civ cred.

I’m aware of it precisely because it’s in my toolkit. I don’t give civ cred for good voting. I do give scum cred for bad voting.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”