juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:I just saw that I stepped on the baddies property. Great, they get $240 for 3 people stepping on...
Yeah... by my spreadsheet, Electric Company is up $480. The second biggest net earner is Metalmarsh at +$200. So if MM is Electric Company he's so rich! :zombie: :haha:

Epig seems to be down the most, at -$500, from his big bid on the Chance card (will you let us know when you use it, Ep? Are you using it yourself or someone else? Is it Chance or Community Chest that can send you Directly To Jail? That would be funny.) Then Hedgeowl seems to be down $375, which I believe was the price she paid for the Windfall.

Ha, I just thought of another reason Epig could give for the early big bid. Maybe the baddies will consider him 'closer to bankruptcy' and avoid wasting their nightkill on a player that is so much closer to death. :biggrin:
LC I had $275 for Hedgie so went back and checked when I saw your $375. It is indeed $275 in the thread, bid was made right before end of period. Would there have been some reason $100 would have attached to the $275 that maybe I'm not thinking of?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Elohcin »

FZ. wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
FZ. wrote:I just saw that I stepped on the baddies property. Great, they get $240 for 3 people stepping on that (unless one of them is the baddie), and they learn their property. I guess if they find people's properties, that will factor in in their choices of bidding
Where do you see this?
http://s580.photobucket.com/user/goleaf ... 0.png.html
Thanks FZ. I was looking all over page 1 for a link or something. I didn't think to look at the host post.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:Epig seems to be down the most, at -$500, from his big bid on the Chance card (will you let us know when you use it, Ep? Are you using it yourself or someone else? Is it Chance or Community Chest that can send you Directly To Jail? That would be funny.) Then Hedgeowl seems to be down $375, which I believe was the price she paid for the Windfall.
Haven't made up my mind what I will do. A variable hit on the evening.
Long Con wrote:Ha, I just thought of another reason Epig could give for the early big bid. Maybe the baddies will consider him 'closer to bankruptcy' and avoid wasting their nightkill on a player that is so much closer to death. :biggrin:
:ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

FZ. wrote:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:I just saw that I stepped on the baddies property. Great, they get $240 for 3 people stepping on...
Yeah... by my spreadsheet, Electric Company is up $480. The second biggest net earner is Metalmarsh at +$200. So if MM is Electric Company he's so rich! :zombie: :haha:

Epig seems to be down the most, at -$500, from his big bid on the Chance card (will you let us know when you use it, Ep? Are you using it yourself or someone else? Is it Chance or Community Chest that can send you Directly To Jail? That would be funny.) Then Hedgeowl seems to be down $375, which I believe was the price she paid for the Windfall.

Ha, I just thought of another reason Epig could give for the early big bid. Maybe the baddies will consider him 'closer to bankruptcy' and avoid wasting their nightkill on a player that is so much closer to death. :biggrin:
I did think about the option that the baddies would try and NK those who have the most money.
That is indeed possible. With the utilities though, they already know half a dozen roles. So it makes me wonder if any of that will factor into their decision too.
juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:So those payments to Pennsylvania RR are indeed $25 each. It's worth noting, though, TH, that boo will display the payments as $25 even if they are more, so as to hide the Railroads' actual current earning power.
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't we at least assume Pennsylvania is getting $50 because they own the Short Line?
I would guess the answer is no, since they don't have BTSC yet. The utilities do, and they're collecting 10 times the amount that someone rolls to land on one of their spots (IIRC, in Monopoly, it's only 4 times if you own one of them). But I'm going to ask just to make sure.

@Boo: Is my example the case, or not?

Also, LC, what exactly is your case against Epig? Do you think he's bad, or is it that you don't agree with TH's early read of Epig? Sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself, but I might have missed your reasoning somewhere.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:Asking again:

What happens if no one bids on a property?
Because if we decide we don't bid and baddies do, we know they're baddies, and if they're too scared to bid on them too, they don't get them?
It gets taken off the for auction and gets put up for sale at its board stated value, if someone wants to buy it they can state it in thread (I'll take PMs on that one as well) and then other people get 30 minutes to give an increased offer to get it instead. If that doesn't happen the first gets it, or it goes back and forth until 30 minutes pass without a higher offer.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:And another question, Boo:

When a civ is NK, do the rest of the set know that one of their set is gone? I'm assuming not because then they'd bid on it, but how do they know if they need to win with the other civs or get rid of everyone else when they get their set? Or how do they know if they need to bid for a property card or need to send a PM to search the other part/s of their set?
No. Well unless they got the card of the dead person, they'd be left default winning with other civs at that point. I'm not sure I follow on knowing if they need to bid on a card, they decide that and then either do it or don't. They'd still send in PMs unless something happened that confirmed their teammate had died (the person with that card offering to sell it for example), just nothing would happen as a result of those searches.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Long Con wrote:

I did think about the option that the baddies would try and NK those who have the most money.
That is indeed possible. With the utilities though, they already know half a dozen roles. So it makes me wonder if any of that will factor into their decision too.
juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:So those payments to Pennsylvania RR are indeed $25 each. It's worth noting, though, TH, that boo will display the payments as $25 even if they are more, so as to hide the Railroads' actual current earning power.
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't we at least assume Pennsylvania is getting $50 because they own the Short Line?
I would guess the answer is no, since they don't have BTSC yet. The utilities do, and they're collecting 10 times the amount that someone rolls to land on one of their spots (IIRC, in Monopoly, it's only 4 times if you own one of them). But I'm going to ask just to make sure.

@Boo: Is my example the case, or not?

Also, LC, what exactly is your case against Epig? Do you think he's bad, or is it that you don't agree with TH's early read of Epig? Sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself, but I might have missed your reasoning somewhere.
Yes, in the sense that to increase value BTSC or owning is needed. If one utility dies and the other utility keeps the property or gets it back at some point after, owning it would be enough to have it at x10 the roll (would show up as x4 if they won it straight after the lynch as is the case with the RRs). Since the board movements occur before night actions, last night was $25, and if SVS did have the card and PR did take it after killing her, that value increases to $50 for PR and SL going forward, even if there is no BTSC with other RRs.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Also, LC, what exactly is your case against Epig? Do you think he's bad, or is it that you don't agree with TH's early read of Epig? Sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself, but I might have missed your reasoning somewhere.
I got nothing much against Epig. He got my vote Day One, but he's not my biggest suspicion right now. I don't really want him to be lynched, I'd rather see how his game goes after the start he chose.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

LC, who is your biggest suspicion at the moment?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:

LC I had $275 for Hedgie so went back and checked when I saw your $375. It is indeed $275 in the thread, bid was made right before end of period. Would there have been some reason $100 would have attached to the $275 that maybe I'm not thinking of?
Hedgeowl also paid $100 to Income Tax on the first move.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh yes, she did. I was just looking at expenditures on property and powers but I guess I should fold in the board too. My spreadsheet is too big already.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:LC, who is your biggest suspicion at the moment?
There's not a lot going for suspicions for me right now, most people are at an even neutral in my eyes. I am slightly more suspicious of Turnip Head and Metalmarsh due to them both pulling a weak 'no u' when they could have easily just acknowledged that what I said could be true, but it's not.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks LC.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:Oh yes, she did. I was just looking at expenditures on property and powers but I guess I should fold in the board too. My spreadsheet is too big already.
My SS is just keeping track of Players and their overall money change, and another one for Property with overall money change. I'm open to suggestions from better SS-makers than I on a col way to track the game!

Linki: no prob.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

Should I be keeping a SS?
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I didn't pull a No U on you LC. My concern with your tone has nothing to do with you suspecting me for not suspecting Epi. When I get home tonight ill break down my concerns for you if you want.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:Should I be keeping a SS?
Nah, don't bother.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:Following through on my thoughts in the post-lynch post. Didn't want to make overt accusations at the start of night. I think that elohcin is Made's teammate. Even if they didn't have BTSC yet, Made had clearly made a slip, and elo was trying to prevent the lynch on the chance that they would, indeed, gain BTSC and be teammates.
That plan would be foolhardy, even among people who already could talk privately with one another.
LoRab wrote:So, I think Elo was trying to deflect attention away from Made and towards others, and stopping the growing opinion against Made.

By diverting attention to JC and BR, it seems she was trying to drop seeds of suspicion on them, hoping for a second bandwagon, and not have to actually defend Made. Which, by the way, she doesn't mention the slip at all in her post--which is odd. And to accuse JC of bandwagoning--when, in fact, there was clear reason to vote for Made, just doesn't make sense.

She makes a case out of 2 players who have played a lot together and have similar thought processes often, asking for each other's opinions early in the game. That doesn't seem odd to me at all. It seems even less reason for suspicion.

Right now, Elo is my biggest suspicion.
Do you really think that at that point a wave of people were going to go, "Aha, Eloh! Great point! I'm voting JC!" Lorab?

Eloh voted JC after Made took a heptavote. No...that theory cannot be a good one.
Shocking. You and I don't agree on something. And because you disagree and think about games differently, my theory is bad. I refuse to engage with you unless you learn how to disagree and not say or imply the other person that you disagree with is being ridiculous.
Overreaction. Bingo.
No. I'm just gotten to the point where I don't want to deal with your insulting attitude that you have towards me in every game we've been in. Including when we had BTSC. I'm just done responding to you and getting into it with you about my opinions. I'll still respond to personal attacks, though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:Following through on my thoughts in the post-lynch post. Didn't want to make overt accusations at the start of night. I think that elohcin is Made's teammate. Even if they didn't have BTSC yet, Made had clearly made a slip, and elo was trying to prevent the lynch on the chance that they would, indeed, gain BTSC and be teammates.
That plan would be foolhardy, even among people who already could talk privately with one another.
LoRab wrote:So, I think Elo was trying to deflect attention away from Made and towards others, and stopping the growing opinion against Made.

By diverting attention to JC and BR, it seems she was trying to drop seeds of suspicion on them, hoping for a second bandwagon, and not have to actually defend Made. Which, by the way, she doesn't mention the slip at all in her post--which is odd. And to accuse JC of bandwagoning--when, in fact, there was clear reason to vote for Made, just doesn't make sense.

She makes a case out of 2 players who have played a lot together and have similar thought processes often, asking for each other's opinions early in the game. That doesn't seem odd to me at all. It seems even less reason for suspicion.

Do you really think that at that point a wave of people were going to go, "Aha, Eloh! Great point! I'm voting JC!" Lorab?

Eloh voted JC after Made took a heptavote. No...that theory cannot be a good one.
Shocking. You and I don't agree on something. And because you disagree and think about games differently, my theory is bad. I refuse to engage with you unless you learn how to disagree and not say or imply the other person that you disagree with is being ridiculous.
Overreaction. Bingo.
No. I'm just gotten to the point where I don't want to deal with your insulting attitude that you have towards me in every game we've been in. Including when we had BTSC. I'm just done responding to you and getting into it with you about my opinions. I'll still respond to personal attacks, though.
I would like to know how my belief that your theory can't be right = me thinking you are laughable or me being rude. My view implied nothing related to your intelligence.

Regarding the one time we were bad together, you were not around at a critical time: The girlfriend of Madmartigan and I had to figure out what we were going to do. We agreed to throw you under a large moving object, but that didn't happen anyway.

And I will get into it with anybody about any opinion I like. Nature of the game. Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:I didn't pull a No U on you LC. My concern with your tone has nothing to do with you suspecting me for not suspecting Epi. When I get home tonight ill break down my concerns for you if you want.
Also, you DID basically say it's not true, though you didn't explicitly acknowledge that the theory holds some merit based on past Mafia baddie actions.

Metalmarsh, on the other hand, kinda came in, read it and left without saying anything last night, and then he came in today to grab an unrelated statement I made and just flat out imply that I'm lying about it.

I'm still interested to hear your discussion of my tones though. I like hearing about me. :)
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Hedgeowl »

Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Well, apparently i need a SS too then. :blush: i was going to correct you as well. I am not good with money irl either. :noble:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:

:noble: Glad to help, neighbour!
Well, apparently i need a SS too then. :blush: i was going to correct you as well. I am not good with money irl either. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

EBWOP
Hedgeowl wrote:
Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:

:noble: Glad to help, neighbour!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm liking the sparks between LoRab ad Epig. Too bad he's married.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Also, LC, what exactly is your case against Epig? Do you think he's bad, or is it that you don't agree with TH's early read of Epig? Sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself, but I might have missed your reasoning somewhere.
I got nothing much against Epig. He got my vote Day One, but he's not my biggest suspicion right now. I don't really want him to be lynched, I'd rather see how his game goes after the start he chose.
And that's exactly how I felt on Day 1. I didn't want Epi to be lynched, so I voted the closest person to him in vote totals. You happened to be one of a couple people tied at 1, so you got my vote.

No I'm not suspicious of you, I just don't agree with your strategies. I also don't agree with FZ.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Marmot »

keys56000000000 wrote:So if Llama is right, what incentives, if any, do we have as civilians to work together? Is it mafia vs civs or mafia vs potential mafia?

I'm not convinced that Llama is right, yet. Llama, what incentive do we have to search for teammates? Once you're in a BTSC set, you're playing against everyone. You're going to have to survive every other player. Seems like when you are in a set, your overall chances of winning drop significantly. Especially those 2-player sets. Is there really any reason why we can't stick together as loose civilians? Even if some civs do search, and find their partners, we'd still have the advantage over them. At least that's how it seems to me at this early juncture.
I've signed up for a game where I get a chance to search for BTSC and increase my own power if I succeed. I'm going to take advantage of that opportunity and have fun with it.

Gaining BTSC helps you increase your rent by building houses and hotels, and gaining insight on a partner's knowledge. Otherwise, at some point, you're going to be losing more money than you gain and go bankrupt.

Consider the fact that Penn RR made $150 this turn and Electric company has made ~$350 (I forget the number) in two turns. What has Vermont Ave gotten? $36 I believe.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lorab indicted me of being unkind toward her in every context. I have done my due diligence and I can find no place (other than when we were bad together in chat) of her being angry with me. If Lorab can identify where I have been rude or "attacking," I would like the opportunity to make that right.

Barring that, I think Lorab = bad.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Oh man, so much to catch up on. Glad the vote isn't until tomorrow.

Is this game getting heated already :/
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:So if Llama is right, what incentives, if any, do we have as civilians to work together? Is it mafia vs civs or mafia vs potential mafia?

I'm not convinced that Llama is right, yet. Llama, what incentive do we have to search for teammates? Once you're in a BTSC set, you're playing against everyone. You're going to have to survive every other player. Seems like when you are in a set, your overall chances of winning drop significantly. Especially those 2-player sets. Is there really any reason why we can't stick together as loose civilians? Even if some civs do search, and find their partners, we'd still have the advantage over them. At least that's how it seems to me at this early juncture.
I've signed up for a game where I get a chance to search for BTSC and increase my own power if I succeed. I'm going to take advantage of that opportunity and have fun with it.

Gaining BTSC helps you increase your rent by building houses and hotels, and gaining insight on a partner's knowledge. Otherwise, at some point, you're going to be losing more money than you gain and go bankrupt.

Consider the fact that Penn RR made $150 this turn and Electric company has made ~$350 (I forget the number) in two turns. What has Vermont Ave gotten? $36 I believe.
:srsnod:

Obvious incentives are obvious.

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Overreaction. Bingo.
I would like to know how my belief that your theory can't be right = me thinking you are laughable or me being rude. My view implied nothing related to your intelligence.

Regarding the one time we were bad together, you were not around at a critical time: The girlfriend of Madmartigan and I had to figure out what we were going to do. We agreed to throw you under a large moving object, but that didn't happen anyway.

And I will get into it with anybody about any opinion I like. Nature of the game. Image
You can't be right, how could that possibly happen implies that the other person is not thinking things through. It's about tone. "That theory cannot be a good one," a direct quote in response to my idea, is completely shooting me down and telling me I cannot be correct. If I cannot be correct, then how can I be intelligent?

And I wasn't talking about throwing me under the bus (I thought that was a poor strategic decision from my point of view, and I didn't think it was very teamly of you, but that's besides the point--I managed to get my way out of being lynched despite you.)--I was talking about whenever I would have an idea in BTSC, you would shoot me down just like you do every time I have an idea in a thread. Including in that game when I theorized that someone had won a protection and how they had won it, you insisted that that was impossible and I was being ridiculous and, guess what, I was right. Maybe, just maybe, you are not always right. And that other people's ideas, however different they are than your own, are just that--different. We don't all play the same. If we did, this would be a boring game.

And yes, you can get into it. That doesn't mean that they need to respond the way you want them to.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:Lorab indicted me of being unkind toward her in every context. I have done my due diligence and I can find no place (other than when we were bad together in chat) of her being angry with me. If Lorab can identify where I have been rude or "attacking," I would like the opportunity to make that right.

Barring that, I think Lorab = bad.
You think I'm mad because I'm annoyed? That is just not true. I'm just sick of the way you always say I'm wrong. You're right, I haven't been angry, because I don't usually let my frustration out. But show me one time when I have had an opinion and you haven't told me that I'm wrong.

And why do you think I'm bad, exactly? Is it because I'm fighting back?

Anyway, I have my third 14 hour work day in a row tomorrow and I'm not sure how much I'll be around tomorrow.

Voting Elo. Because of the points I made earlier. And she hasn't defended, or even acknowledged. And I have no reason to think differently from my original thoughts (except for Epi saying that I can't possibly be right).
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

*bad not mad
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:I am watching with half-grinning disbelief at the fervent bidding on Short Line. I can't wait to see how it turns out. :huh:
LC doesn't explain his surprised amusement. Look how veiled this is. LC puts himself in bystander mode as the bidding increases. His statement here doesn't have to contain a trace of guilt on it, depending on the interpretation of his tone here. But it looks guilty to me.

I mean, look who STARTED the bidding:
Long Con wrote:Nice result! I bid $1!! :)
You have to feel like LC was hoping to incite a bidding frenzy with that stunt...

Then I asked the question that didn't breach SVS or MetalM's cranium:
Long Con wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:What happens to any extra cards we win if we get NKed?
The killer gets the extra cards, and your own card.
Now sure, I and perhaps others who didn't bid straight away assumed that this might have to be the case - because I thought about what would happen to someone's stuff if and when they died. But I realized that this answer that LC provides here isn't in the thread. Seriously, go look, I'll eat a hat if it's anywhere in the rules that that's what happens when you die. LC knows it though, and so once the bidding commences he can't help but maniacally smirk. LC's answer to that question must have come from boo from behind the scenes. Which makes me think he has a good reason to ask about it.
Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Unless whoever wins it is railroad.
They'd better hope they're the railroad with the kill, or else they'll kill one of their own. :o
Just pointing out that this isn't how it works. The railroads can't be NK'd until they've all found each other. The Short Line bidding war was a win-win for the railroads.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey, everyone! Just literally got home from taking Daisy to the airport. I apologize to our wonderful ghostly host as well as my fellow players; I intended on popping in here at least once this past week, but I had a research paper and other assignments to finish up, and whenever I wasn't doing that, I was taking full advantage of spending time with my fantastic fiance.

All of that to say I am here now and so psyched about this game! But I haven't read a single post yet. And I haven't slept yet... so I will be doing that now, then probably working on some homework for the upcoming week, but I'll most definitely be around at some point technically later today (Sunday).
:)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:All of that to say I am here now and so psyched about this game! :)
*votes MP^

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:
Long Con wrote:I am watching with half-grinning disbelief at the fervent bidding on Short Line. I can't wait to see how it turns out. :huh:
LC doesn't explain his surprised amusement. Look how veiled this is. LC puts himself in bystander mode as the bidding increases. His statement here doesn't have to contain a trace of guilt on it, depending on the interpretation of his tone here. But it looks guilty to me.

You have to feel like LC was hoping to incite a bidding frenzy with that stunt...

Long Con wrote:
Now sure, I and perhaps others who didn't bid straight away assumed that this might have to be the case - because I thought about what would happen to someone's stuff if and when they died. But I realized that this answer that LC provides here isn't in the thread. Seriously, go look, I'll eat a hat if it's anywhere in the rules that that's what happens when you die. LC knows it though, and so once the bidding commences he can't help but maniacally smirk. LC's answer to that question must have come from boo from behind the scenes. Which makes me think he has a good reason to ask about it.
Long Con wrote:
I like this post.
They'd better hope they're the railroad with the kill, or else they'll kill one of their own. :o
Just pointing out that this isn't how it works. The railroads can't be NK'd until they've all found each other. The Short Line bidding war was a win-win for the railroads.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:
So, you think that I'm a railroad who decided to make a public statement of surprised amusement because I couldn't take the guilt of what I was about to do (that is, kill the bid winner)? Like, maybe I thought I should say nothing (and attract no attention), but the guilt was eating me alive already, and I just couldn't help it? :stare: No, I posted this when I realized what the outcome would likely be for the winner. I didn't feel like saying "OMG everyone stop bidding!!" and offer a step-by-step logical progression of the way things would go, but at least I said something. I thought someone might, I don't know, ask me why I said that? Protip: The railroads said nothing about it because they didn't want anyone to know what was going to happen. ;)
I'm sure everyone appreciates you telling them how they have to feel. Saves them the trouble of developing their own feelings, what a hassle! :P I did start bidding at first because getting a property seemed really cool. Then I thought about it for a bit and realized that the railroads would just kill the winner, and I stopped bidding... and offered the statement of concern about the subject you quoted above.
Long Con wrote:
Hmm, well, maybe you should put your reading glasses, grandpa...
boo wrote:Successful NKs will result in the player responsible for the NK getting the card of the killed player.
A little ketchup and fresh ground pepper might make that hat a little more palatable. Will you post a video of you eating it?

Third post of the game, three paragraphs from the bottom.
Long Con wrote:
Good point, I was wrong there. They couldn't kill one of their own. So I guess now I'm a railroad who's intentionally getting some thing s wrong about my own role...?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:Good point, I was wrong there. They couldn't kill one of their own. So I guess now I'm a railroad who's intentionally getting some thing s wrong about my own role...?
Well, Made didn't misunderstand his role on purpose.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:Good point, I was wrong there. They couldn't kill one of their own. So I guess now I'm a railroad who's intentionally getting some thing s wrong about my own role...?
Well, Made didn't misunderstand his role on purpose.
;) Got your message loud and clear.

*votes Metalmarsh*
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:Hmm, well, maybe you should put your reading glasses, grandpa...
boo wrote:Successful NKs will result in the player responsible for the NK getting the card of the killed player.
A little ketchup and fresh ground pepper might make that hat a little more palatable. Will you post a video of you eating it?

I was about ready to smother my hat in some ranch dressing, BUT! This isn't exactly the same thing. Boo said if someone kills you they get your starter card but in that quote he doesn't say that the same thing happens for any extra properties we collect. That leaves open the possibility that those properties might be auctioned off or simply placed back on the board. But you seemed pretty certain about your answer that they go to the killer, and you didn't ask in the thread for clarification.

Are you saying you did not ask Boo any questions on this matter, and that the line you quoted from the rules was your only point of reference?
Long Con wrote:
TH wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Good point, I was wrong there. They couldn't kill one of their own. So I guess now I'm a railroad who's intentionally getting some thing s wrong about my own role...?
Nah man, calm down it's nothing like that... I think you're a utility :)
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:
Long Con wrote:Hmm, well, maybe you should put your reading glasses, grandpa...

I was about ready to smother my hat in some ranch dressing, BUT! This isn't exactly the same thing. Boo said if someone kills you they get your starter card but in that quote he doesn't say that the same thing happens for any extra properties we collect. That leaves open the possibility that those properties might be auctioned off or simply placed back on the board. But you seemed pretty certain about your answer that they go to the killer, and you didn't ask in the thread for clarification.

Are you saying you did not ask Boo any questions on this matter, and that the line you quoted from the rules was your only point of reference?
Long Con wrote:
TH wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah man, calm down it's nothing like that... I think you're a utility :)
Do you have some sort of knowledge that the rest of us don't? Are you using this knowledge to make others feel stupid? Why do you think they killed SVS if not to gain the RR property? Whjat do you know about where it ended up? Cause it didn't just disappear. I feel like there is enough thread knowledge to assume that when the RR killed SVS they gained control of the RR property. I am sorry TH you are not looking like a helpful civvie, just someone trying to use words to make his case look solid.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Black Rock wrote:Do you have some sort of knowledge that the rest of us don't? Are you using this knowledge to make others feel stupid? Why do you think they killed SVS if not to gain the RR property? Whjat do you know about where it ended up? Cause it didn't just disappear. I feel like there is enough thread knowledge to assume that when the RR killed SVS they gained control of the RR property. I am sorry TH you are not looking like a helpful civvie, just someone trying to use words to make his case look solid.
What? No, that's my whole point. That yes, right now at this moment there's a lot in the thread that suggests the railroads got the Short Line card from SVS and that's why they killed her. I understand that.

But nowhere in the rules did it SAY that that's what would happen. Either LC extrapolated himself on the rules, or he asked behind the scenes. That's what I'm currently trying to get to the bottom of. I want to know exactly where LC's answer came from.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I don't know why, BR, you threw in that line about me trying to make everyone else feel stupid with my knowledge... I don't know what that has to do with anything, or what you're specifically referencing, or why you think I would want to do something like that...

I'm sad that you feel I'm a player who has those sorts of intentions.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

boo wrote:During the night, the card of the lynched player will be bid for (players who voted for the lynched player will have $200 applied to their bid, but they can’t actually access that money for anything else). The bidding is done publicly (in thread).The player who bids the most for the card will receive it. Successful NKs will result in the player responsible for the NK getting the card of the killed player.
I see what you're saying, TH, and I was just using this rules post as my knowledge source. I haven't asked any game-questions in PM, just a bunch of in-thread ones.

If you take the whole paragraph, it's all about the card of the lynched player, the new free-floating card. I just read it as talking about that card.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And why a utility? I thought your case made more sense with me as a railroad, because of the knowledge that Short Line would go to the killer, and the killer that night was a railroad. For the record, I'm neither of those things.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Hey MP, interested to hear your thoughts when you get back to the thread.

I'm not interested in the content of the Epi-Lorab argument, more the context. Personally see an overreaction on Lorab's part but that doesn't mean he's bad at all. Also:
LoRab wrote:<snip> If I cannot be correct, then how can I be intelligent?
You can be intelligent but wrong, and really dumb but right. Two aren't mutally exclusive.

More interesting is the TH-LC argument. Interesting developments. I was under the impression the cards of a NK'd player would be taken by the killer as well, but there you go.

Not sure how I'll vote, could both be civ on civ. Still mulling over FZ's plan of letting the most trusted player win the bid as well. Probably be voting for one of the people mentioned in this post however.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Guys come on. Long Con isn't a baddie. I think if anyone can read him, I can. I know I voted for him yesterday, but his gameplay since then has not been baddie like in the slightest.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

@LC: That's an answer I suppose I'll have to be okay with... Because that was indeed my concern re: you. You have asked many in-thread questions, and this one if asked would have had to have been behind the scenes. Somewhere you connected some dots by yourself if that's the case, and I can't prove that you ever asked for clarification on your certainty.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

zeek wrote:More interesting is the TH-LC argument. Interesting developments.
Just want to say, for the record (although my vote makes it obvious) that I think TH has reacted better to my theory about them than Metalmarsh. MM just didn't even acknowledge the theory/case and just went right into attacking me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Also, Lorab's argument amounts to:
"If you disagree with me, you think I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, I must be stupid. Therefore, disagreeing with me is tantamount to calling me stupid."

That way, madness lies. We have to be able to disagree with each other, or else mafia has no point. Lighten up.

Return to “Previous Jobs”