Anniversary Game 3 - Cindy Kate Meet Up [GAME OVER - TOWN WIN]

There's so few left, but we could still stand to lose one.

Poll ended at Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:00 pm

dyachei
No votes
ilario
No votes
Lilypetal
No votes
Millium
36%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
peepeepoopoo (host/dead/spec)
64%

Total votes: 14
Millium
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 844

Re: Anniversary Game 3 - Cindy Kate Meet Up [Day 2]

Post by Millium »

ilario wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:50 pm
santygrass wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:44 pm
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:42 pm
Neon wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:43 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:18 am
Alison wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:30 am Illario is literally just a god and tilted aro into both outing that he is mafia and outing that he is tilted that Illario called out both mafia. There for Wisp is also mafia. Nanook is spewed town for saying there's one in Wisp Alison because it would spotlight his partner for no reason. Rondo is the 4th mafia for reasons described above.

Game is solved. Let's go home.
:ponder:
I think I will note being out a super secret read that will be difficult to explain without breaking the rules lol

Okay. I have mech reason to simultaneously believe that Alison is both being truthful about at least parts of their role and that they are town. But at the same time I feel like parts of how they brought about explaining their role felt like a direct violation of the things I know. But by and large I think it is mechanically more likely that Alison is town than scum.

I also suck at mech so I've been holding onto this.
Neon wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:44 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:19 pm Eh fuck it. I'll respect Mac's read that it could be Aro W and Wisp V.

As well as the fact that all of dyachei + Ender + Alison + Mac + SPF thinks that Aro is howling which means this is as close to an actual red check as it is possible to be.

[VOTE: Arogame] aubergine
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:20 pm No more vote switches after this, I have a reputation to maintain.
Ppl who played the last game Alison was mafia in should know this is outing.

What was Alison's exact claim again?
this exists btw.
This feels more towny than scummy tho
no it doesnt. she clearly would have had to thought about alisons role a good deal on d1 for her to come to the conclusion that alison is mech cleared for her role. i highly doubt she just forgets alisons claim like that given the amount of thought she implies she had given the claim in the first quote.
why would someone be mech cleared for their role, it would depend on how they use it
the claim itself was townie, but then someone said its irrelevant because they have done this before
as for what they could have done with it, we wont know since Nanook voted them
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Your eyes get clouded. But if you have no such feelings…
you are capable of fighting right to the end of the world.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 567
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Mac speaks truth
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

This is why I did nothing about Mac and Illario doming despite having strong townreads on both btw
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 751
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

Also Mac I am not changing how I play the game since If I keep playing this way its because it gives me usually good enough accuracy+fun playing.

To summarize: Skill Issue
Spoiler: show
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

also for the record I targeted Santy and Lily just in case anyone thought i did anything to Tilg, of which they can both confirm
I highly suggest they dont claim what they got if they choose to accept the gift
the items are all pretty good except for the random redirect which is more -ev than anything
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1355

Post by MacDougall »

Second, related thing bad town do that pisses me off, rep "godreads" on slots that could fool them in a heartbeat.

So you read Ilario right two times in the last cpl months. You do not have a godread. Not even if you caught Ilario a mafia.

See, the thing is that Ilario (or insert any competent player) does not play games to fool you, Mr or Mrs. Shit Town, they play games to win for their wincon. But eventually comes a time in a game where pocketing you, actually helps their wincon, and you are shit at the game, and they are exceedingly self aware (the trait that makes the biggest difference between good and bad mafia players) so they know exactly why you read them the way they do. You think they're town because they use fullstops, or some dumb shit. So they use fullstops. Now you, Dumb Fuck, are out here townreading the deepwolf and yelling at people who are suspicious of them for hard wolfsiding correctly. You are THE moron.
Millium
Loan Shark

Re: Anniversary Game 3 - Cindy Kate Meet Up [DAY 1]

Post by Millium »

Alison wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:30 am Illario is literally just a god and tilted aro into both outing that he is mafia and outing that he is tilted that Illario called out both mafia. There for Wisp is also mafia. Nanook is spewed town for saying there's one in Wisp Alison because it would spotlight his partner for no reason. Rondo is the 4th mafia for reasons described above.

I think I will note being out a super secret read that will be difficult to explain without breaking the rules lol

Okay. I have mech reason to simultaneously believe that Alison is both being truthful about at least parts of their role and that they are town. But at the same time I feel like parts of how they brought about explaining their role felt like a direct violation of the things I know. But by and large I think it is mechanically more likely that Alison is town than scum.

mechanically how, roles are randomized?
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:57 pm Second, related thing bad town do that pisses me off, rep "godreads" on slots that could fool them in a heartbeat.

So you read Ilario right two times in the last cpl months. You do not have a godread. Not even if you caught Ilario a mafia.

See, the thing is that Ilario (or insert any competent player) does not play games to fool you, Mr or Mrs. Shit Town, they play games to win for their wincon. But eventually comes a time in a game where pocketing you, actually helps their wincon, and you are shit at the game, and they are exceedingly self aware (the trait that makes the biggest difference between good and bad mafia players) so they know exactly why you read them the way they do. You think they're town because they use fullstops, or some dumb shit. So they use fullstops. Now you, Dumb Fuck, are out here townreading the deepwolf and yelling at people who are suspicious of them for hard wolfsiding correctly. You are THE moron.
im just going to assume this is copy pasta and ignore it
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1179
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Millium wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:54 pm
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:50 pm
santygrass wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:44 pm
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:42 pm

Neon wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:44 pm

Ppl who played the last game Alison was mafia in should know this is outing.

What was Alison's exact claim again?
this exists btw.
This feels more towny than scummy tho
no it doesnt. she clearly would have had to thought about alisons role a good deal on d1 for her to come to the conclusion that alison is mech cleared for her role. i highly doubt she just forgets alisons claim like that given the amount of thought she implies she had given the claim in the first quote.
why would someone be mech cleared for their role, it would depend on how they use it
the claim itself was townie, but then someone said its irrelevant because they have done this before
as for what they could have done with it, we wont know since Nanook voted them
thats not the point, the point is that its nonsense for neon to act coy around alisons claim when they should know what is better than anyone given that neon was willing to clear alison on it d1
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:57 pm Second, related thing bad town do that pisses me off, rep "godreads" on slots that could fool them in a heartbeat.

LMAOOOO i love mac, going from budha to this in just a few hours
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Third thing bad town do. Have no fucking idea what is alignment indicative in a game.

In order to actually truly understand what is and is not alignment indicative in a mafia game you have to have played so many mafia games that you have a stored internal database of varied games that allows you to understand probability in an innate way because what is alignment indicative is never perfectly one way or the other, it is only less or more probably alignment indicative GENERALLY.

Unless I can ask you "name three things that are more of alignment indication as wolf than town" your reads are rand except for true actual meta reads. Which brings me to...
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

I think I gave a good point about perspective on why that is not scummy ilario tbh
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fourth thing bad town do... rep meta based on FUCK ALL GAMES

You do not have a meta read on me if you have played mafia with me 2 times. You do not understand the range of a player until you have seen them as both alignments multiple MULTIPLE times. Your meta read is bogus. DOn't argue with me.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

@Alison can u gimme a scumgame of yours thats recent that u didnt play on an alt

@EnderWiggin @Chamomile whats ur thoughts on each other? can you both reconcile to me why ur on the alison wagon when the slot u most vehemontly wnted to kill on d1 (each other) is also lazily parked on that wagon?
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

ilario wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:58 pm thats not the point, the point is that its nonsense for neon to act coy around alisons claim when they should know what is better than anyone given that neon was willing to clear alison on it d1
honestly i just went back and saw this, either way I think there is no merit to their claim anyways
but ya I would think they would remember this unless they were blowing smoke, given they were very sure
Alison

Post by Alison »

1) Mac should write an article
2) Neon claimed a green check on me btw voting me is griefing
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am not directing this at you santy. You aren't guilty of all of this stuff lol. I am just annoyed and decided to vent.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:01 am Fourth thing bad town do... rep meta based on FUCK ALL GAMES

You do not have a meta read on me if you have played mafia with me 2 times. You do not understand the range of a player until you have seen them as both alignments multiple MULTIPLE times. Your meta read is bogus. DOn't argue with me.
This is so true. Preach king

Most of lolmeta reads comes from this sort of mindset tbhtbh
Alison

Post by Alison »

ilario wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:01 am @Alison can u gimme a scumgame of yours thats recent that u didnt play on an alt

@EnderWiggin @Chamomile whats ur thoughts on each other? can you both reconcile to me why ur on the alison wagon when the slot u most vehemontly wnted to kill on d1 (each other) is also lazily parked on that wagon?
Yeah, king of the hill. Check the mountainous archive on here
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:01 am 1) Mac should write an article
they claimed a green check on you yet simultaneously forgot what ur claim is.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fifth thing bad town do...

Single player mafia.

Look around you. You've played 5 games of mafia in your life. Oh yay you played champs and know the English language and passed high school literature enough to be able to articulate your thoughts to perform better than the mouthbreather that got sent from "Dicktopia Mafia" and made the finals. Look at you, finals level player, you made it.

You do not have the best reads in this lobby. You are a passenger. Other people in this lobby have better reads on you, more experience with the playerlist and in general. Sit down, shut up, listen and learn, and get better at the game.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

except its not realistically possible to have that or they think they did and didn't read the OP
or they were just making it all up
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

I think the issue and why we clash is that we sort through stuff in the game in really different approaches so clashing is natural?

But thats why I also think talking through stuff and discussing specially becauself the difference in views is GOATed in finding the mafia tbh
Alison

Post by Alison »

ilario wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:03 am
they claimed a green check on you yet simultaneously forgot what ur claim is.
So either they are town with a correct green check or mafia with TMI
Alison

Post by Alison »

Millium wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:04 am
except its not realistically possible to have that or they think they did and didn't read the OP
or they were just making it all up
Why cant they just be a cop
Chamomile
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 195
Aka: Seven, Xivii

Post by Chamomile »

Millium wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:55 pm also for the record I targeted Santy and Lily just in case anyone thought i did anything to Tilg, of which they can both confirm
I highly suggest they dont claim what they got if they choose to accept the gift
the items are all pretty good except for the random redirect which is more -ev than anything
You can send more than one gift in a night?

Why didn't you send me one!??! After all I did to save you!

Why do you think someone would think you did something to Tilg!? Please quote this post when you respond because often you don't quote who you are responding to and I don't know who you are responding to!

Alison

Post by Alison »

santygrass wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:04 am I think the issue and why we clash is that we sort through stuff in the game in really different approaches so clashing is natural?

But thats why I also think talking through stuff and discussing specially becauself the difference in views is GOATed in finding the mafia tbh
The most important skill in mafia is the ability to not do blatantly incorrect plays for no conceivable gai
Alison

Post by Alison »

@Neon fullclaim your mech on me, no funny business
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Chamomile wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:05 am
Millium wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:55 pm also for the record I targeted Santy and Lily just in case anyone thought i did anything to Tilg, of which they can both confirm

Why do you think someone would think you did something to Tilg!? Please quote this post when you respond because often you don't quote who you are responding to and I don't know who you are responding to!

You lack the charisma tbh

@Chamomile case Allison for me. I beg of thee
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Next... OMGUS

Ho-lee fuck

Okay so OMGUS is like ... back in the day it was a WOLF TELL. Can you believe that? I'm so old that was the meta when I started. These days OMGUS is actually a "oh yay it's a bad town" tell. So don't fucken do it.

If a good player who sounds town is suspecting you, take a fucking look in the mirror and make sure you aren't playing the role of extra wolf first. Ask yourself "am I playing the way this person is used to perceiving me play, is it fair for them to think I am mafia?" Am I shielding all their scumreads? Am I pushing hard into their town? Do they have basic logical reasons to think I might be a fucking mafia.

If the answer is yes, then DONT READ THEM SCUM JUST CUZ THEY READ YOU SCUM YOURE A DUMB FUCK.
Chamomile
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chamomile »

@Belzy what is your name on MU and do you plan to do something? You've been on the sidelines!

Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

honestly I think god reads are bad, and even a player like Mac is going the motion
but I dont think Lily is a wolf, regardless of how Santy handled that explanation
I particularly like how they went about defending Santy
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Like, why you ask for me to sheep you or find the One Piece if you are not caring on talking to me or answering my doubts? We cant work together like that. Dont disappoint aro, we have to work as a team
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

omgus hasnt been a real tell in forever, but people like to pretend it is
anyways back to raid
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you are someone who consistently omgusses you are actually contributing some really bad shit to the general meta because wolves that like to openwolf can just hard omgus town correct on them and people will townread them because of morons like you.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

I didnt even claimed to have a godread on Lily, I just said to go and read Lily posts like... D1 they just posted very towny, and their casing on me was super good so I just directed it wowee
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:04 pm
dyachei wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:00 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:56 pm @dyachei assuming that you are town that pushed Arogame. How would you expect the wolves to handle the opportunity that was presented to eliminate Arogame on day 1 generally? Do you think that they are more likely to exhibit TMI and ensure they are on the right side of the miselim by voting elsewhere and opposing the chop, or do you think that it is more likely that they would capitalise on our willingness to kill someone that strong on day 1 and be part of the wagon?

If the answer is player dependent, can you take a look at the wagon and tell me who on it is of the wolf mindset to take advantage in that way?
I dont think of arogame as a mafia god so I'm not sure why I would assume mafia would go all out to elim aro. like I don't think of them as a super strong player. so the premise is off?
Arogame's reputation in this playerlist is of a strong player with good reads. He had very recently subbed in to a game on MU that a lot of people here were playing in, and near single handedly recovered an unrecoverable game, and his town performances on Syndicate have been largely revered. So humour the idea that the wolves would feel like killing Arogame was a very large win for me.
i agree aro is very solid. that being said i dont think its a consensus opinion to have that (just yet). you have probably paid more attention to aro in recent times than other players here. this seems like wolfy mediating im doing, but its not. i just want to get across the point others may not be as threatened about aro as you think, and thats not because aro isnt good, its because they just havent seen him as much as you have.
Alison

Post by Alison »

OMGUS is just not a tell except in the meta sense
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The archetypal bad town.

Step 1 - Find all the better players than me and townread them immediately because they did not alignment indicative things that you think are town for them.
Step 2 - Scream at everyone who suspects them. Omgus on their behalf.
Step 3 - Go into a blind rage tunnel when someone suspects you for playing the game like a pre-schooler.
Step 4 - Blame them when they decide you have to die for playing like an idiot.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:06 am @Neon fullclaim your mech on me, no funny business
yeah they should do this. i also wanna be tagged @Neon so i can see the claim
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ilario wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:56 pm @dyachei assuming that you are town that pushed Arogame. How would you expect the wolves to handle the opportunity that was presented to eliminate Arogame on day 1 generally? Do you think that they are more likely to exhibit TMI and ensure they are on the right side of the miselim by voting elsewhere and opposing the chop, or do you think that it is more likely that they would capitalise on our willingness to kill someone that strong on day 1 and be part of the wagon?

If the answer is player dependent, can you take a look at the wagon and tell me who on it is of the wolf mindset to take advantage in that way?
I dont think of arogame as a mafia god so I'm not sure why I would assume mafia would go all out to elim aro. like I don't think of them as a super strong player. so the premise is off?
Arogame's reputation in this playerlist is of a strong player with good reads. He had very recently subbed in to a game on MU that a lot of people here were playing in, and near single handedly recovered an unrecoverable game, and his town performances on Syndicate have been largely revered. So humour the idea that the wolves would feel like killing Arogame was a very large win for me.
i agree aro is very solid. that being said i dont think its a consensus opinion to have that (just yet). you have probably paid more attention to aro in recent times than other players here. this seems like wolfy mediating im doing, but its not. i just want to get across the point others may not be as threatened about aro as you think, and thats not because aro isnt good, its because they just havent seen him as much as you have.
What's the point of this when all I was attempting to do was get dyachei to check and analyse whether players on Arogame's wagon might have wolf-like motivation? You're arguing for no real reason. Pick better things to talk about.
Chamomile
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chamomile »

santygrass wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:06 am
Chamomile wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:05 am

You lack the charisma tbh

@Chamomile case Allison for me. I beg of thee
-Switching votes based on thread state rather than following her own reads.
-Not really trying to find scum in a nuanced way. Kind of obvious she has TMI based on what I've seen from her in Cats vs Dogs where I was very afraid of her because of how she would pick at every little thing.
-Didn't put me in the vig hit list when she supposedly thinks I'm scum. Even if she doesn't think I'm mafia but rather 3P WHY WOULD SHE NOT VIG ME WITH ONE OF HER THREE VIG SHOTS!!!
-Obviously killed SPF out of fear.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am switching cham out of my scum solve and putting oh ... let's say ... rondo in it. For now.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:09 pm
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:05 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:05 pm
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:03 pm Man macs 180 on aro is really bad in conjunction with trying to push dya and me with the spf kill
mac 180'd on aro? as in he tr'd aro and then sr'd him, or vice versa?
well he spent the entire early game advocating for an aro tell in which if aro is getting piled on by the lobby hes more likely town (which is probs a correct tell), he also wanted to keep aro because aro makes good content.

and then once everyone started to dogpile on aro he joined in harder than anyone despite his own logic earlier in the game should have been leading him to the different conclusion. i also think he was trying really hard to signal boost alisons reads near eod which would look bad in a world where both aro and wisp are both

@mac since u are obsessed with trying to catch out santy and aro for making tmi reads if ur town here u should probably look at d1 because porchas posts have been decent today but i defs got the feeling certain slots were tmi'ing her town on d1 when i read over
Who do you thin kmade that?
(redacted) was one of them
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:10 am The archetypal bad town.

Step 1 - Find all the better players than me and townread them immediately because they did not alignment indicative things that you think are town for them.
Step 2 - Scream at everyone who suspects them. Omgus on their behalf.
Step 3 - Go into a blind rage tunnel when someone suspects you for playing the game like a pre-schooler.
Step 4 - Blame them when they decide you have to die for playing like an idiot.
It feels like you're taking aim at a very specific player here
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:11 am
ilario wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:09 am

What's the point of this when all I was attempting to do was get dyachei to check and analyse whether players on Arogame's wagon might have wolf-like motivation? You're arguing for no real reason. Pick better things to talk about.
i didnt know that was ur intentions, i was just being wary of you getting into a bad tunnel on dya because they dont share the same opinion of aro as you do.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Chamomile wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:12 am -Switching votes based on thread state rather than following her own reads.
-Not really trying to find scum in a nuanced way. Kind of obvious she has TMI based on what I've seen from her in Cats vs Dogs where I was very afraid of her because of how she would pick at every little thing.
-Didn't put me in the vig hit list when she supposedly thinks I'm scum. Even if she doesn't think I'm mafia but rather 3P WHY WOULD SHE NOT VIG ME WITH ONE OF HER THREE VIG SHOTS!!!
-Obviously killed SPF out of fear.

1) wrong
2) wrong
3) because mac said he wanted max actual mafia equity from the shots, else I'd put wisp on there for being either mafia or working for them
4) wrong
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 752
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

santygrass wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:13 pm @Lilypetal you need to come back to the thread and put things in order tbh
tomorrow probs im taking a mafia break today, read up a bit and just have no brain power lol

migraines too op
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

santygrass wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:15 pm
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:07 pm
Millium wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:06 pm
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:05 pm porchas posts have been decent today
people keep saying this, how so?
seems like theyre trying to solve, reaction to mac seems town
@ilario you think that if Tilg is a wolf both Millium and Porscha are also town? Like, their attitide in EoD to me seemed like hesitant to take a side? If it makes sense so I want to know your take on that
im not too sure, ill have to rr eod. why would hesitating be AI there?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Ohh I hope u get better . * Sending good vibes *

Dont force yourself yo okay if you feel bad tomorrow, I'll hard shield you anyways pog

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”