33%

Total votes: 12
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Turnip Head »

Boogs I'll sell you the Jail card for $300 :)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Boogs wrote:
Boogs wrote:I'm confused now who won't he auctions. Hope I get a pm.

And I bid 1 kitty dollar on Atlantic
EBWOP who won the * I love ipad autocorrect.... ;)
I didn't get the one I wanted, guess I should have kept bidding into the last minute instead of assuming it was cut off. :(
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Post by thellama73 »

LoRab wrote: linki: I don't kill tonight. Because I don't have a kill. Because I'm not bad.
Rats. We almost caught her ought there. She's a sharp one.

$25 on Atlantic.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

$26 Atlantic
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab, you don't like me or my method. I get it. And I apologized for our time before, even if I had my own grievance about you at the time.

However, I am not the only one here who found your theory wanting. And I will not change my wording to make people feel a certain way. I don't play Mafia to make people feel good. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Turnip Head wrote:Boogs I'll sell you the Jail card for $300 :)
Nope :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:I don't play Mafia to make people feel good. :feb:
You make me feel good. :noble:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I thought it was a rule that it cut off 10 minutes before the lynch end.

boo: isn't there a rule that the bidding for the powers cuts off 10 minutes before the lynch end? If not, when does it cut off?

And therein, Epi, lies the problem.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Turnip Head wrote:$26 Atlantic
I'm curious to let you win this auction to put an even tastier reason for you to be attacked tonight lol. But I will bid 27. If someone else besides you wins, then they have to decide between people and power influencing them placing their kill.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:I thought it was a rule that it cut off 10 minutes before the lynch end.

boo: isn't there a rule that the bidding for the powers cuts off 10 minutes before the lynch end? If not, when does it cut off?

?

I didn't bid. :confused:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Boogs what's with the harsh vibes man :( Calling me out to be targeted like that...
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

juliets wrote:I thought it was a rule that it cut off 10 minutes before the lynch end.

Yes, bidding ended at 9:59 EST. Posts on the minute go through, any from 10 or after came in past the cut off.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So LC should have won the power he was bidding on, by my timestamps. Did you not Auto Find a partner, LC?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:So LC should have won the power he was bidding on, by my timestamps. Did you not Auto Find a partner, LC?
I agree by my timestamps too.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:LoRab, you don't like me or my method. I get it. And I apologized for our time before, even if I had my own grievance about you at the time.

However, I am not the only one here who found your theory wanting. And I will not change my wording to make people feel a certain way. I don't play Mafia to make people feel good. :feb:
I don't have a problem with your method. I don't know you at all personally, so I don't like you or not like you. It's a tone thing that I don't like, specifically in mafia posts.

And, as I said, I did not and do not have a problem that you disagreed. Nor that people don't read into things the same as me or not like my theory. I am all about disagreement. It's just that your tone makes me not want to engage in back and forth with you over theories. That was really all my initial post about this was trying to say.

You don't have to change the way you say things in order to make people feel anything. But that doesn't mean that those people need to engage with you.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Long Con wrote:
Boogs wrote:

I didn't get the one I wanted, guess I should have kept bidding into the last minute instead of assuming it was cut off. :(

It was 10 mins before the poll ends. Sadly, TH got 2 and we got none.

The problem is TH now has 2 powers and we don't. The problem is: do they kill him to make him less of a threat for the future? Or kill who wins Atlantic tonight? Maybe we should LeT him win Atlantic to let him take a fall. Shows him to outbid us :p
TH it's a cutthroat game. I wanted a power and I have nothing yet after 2 days of uselessness. I mentioned winning is dangerous which is why I was cautious. I suggest you use that protect tonight, friend. Mrow.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Turnip Head wrote:Boogs what's with the harsh vibes man :( Calling me out to be targeted like that...
Not harsh, just you made yourself a target when you won 2 powers. I'm actually trying to get the baddies to have to make a tough decision by you all winning powers that can screw them. Do they attack a player that is powerful or the property winner? I want them to have a tough time.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Do I want Atlantic Ave.? Or do I want to force other people to pay more for Atlantic Ave.? Or do I have an as yet unrevealed ulterior motive?

$50 on Atlantic

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:LoRab, you don't like me or my method. I get it. And I apologized for our time before, even if I had my own grievance about you at the time.

I don't have a problem with your method. I don't know you at all personally, so I don't like you or not like you. It's a tone thing that I don't like, specifically in mafia posts.

And, as I said, I did not and do not have a problem that you disagreed. Nor that people don't read into things the same as me or not like my theory. I am all about disagreement. It's just that your tone makes me not want to engage in back and forth with you over theories. That was really all my initial post about this was trying to say.

You don't have to change the way you say things in order to make people feel anything. But that doesn't mean that those people need to engage with you.
I utilize my tone to find Mafia. I find it quite effective.

Other than that, fair enough.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:Do I want Atlantic Ave.? Or do I want to force other people to pay more for Atlantic Ave.? Or do I have an as yet unrevealed ulterior motive?

$50 on Atlantic
Hrmmmm.... Purr ponder.... Purr ponder... I see your motive sir :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

500 on Atlantic

Now kill me. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

For the record, I don't see any rational reason not to completely agree with Lorab's point. No matter what your difference of opinion is, there are ways of conveying it without deriding the intelligence of a fellow player. It's not hard to craft your words in a way that's not belittling. I don't see any reason why Mafia should include that kind of thing.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:500 on Atlantic

You just killed yourself! :eek:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Hedgeowl »

I think it might be time to take this conversation on tone to PM and out of the game. Even though it is so far a very unheated and more thoughtful discussion. I will say that in my experience this forum is actually strict about offense and rudeness in games and a lot goes on behind scenes to deal with these issues as they come up. I think many of us can remember specific examples of this. In my experience both Epi and Lorab can be forceful players with strong opinions. I think you both bring a lot to any game even if we play differently and enjoy playing with you both.

Here's a Death to Smootchy video you should watch:

Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mission accomplished.

Also, Long Con, you have no idea how much restraint I had to exercise not to just repond to your post with "What a stupid thing to say." :D

Although it took less restraint than it might otherwise have, since I told you about it. :stare:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:

Mission accomplished.

Also, Long Con, you have no idea how much restraint I had to exercise not to just repond to your post with "What a stupid thing to say." :D

Although it took less restraint than it might otherwise have, since I told you about it. :stare:
:D A perect response, by my own standards.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And also... perfect. *bows*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hedgeowl wrote:I think it might be time to take this conversation on tone to PM and out of the game. Even though it is so far a very unheated and more thoughtful discussion. I will say that in my experience this forum is actually strict about offense and rudeness in games and a lot goes on behind scenes to deal with these issues as they come up. I think many of us can remember specific examples of this. In my experience both Epi and Lorab can be forceful players with strong opinions. I think you both bring a lot to any game even if we play differently and enjoy playing with you both.
Nope! I did nothing wrong here. I am playing the game civilly. If an individual held a grudge about a thing that occurred in another context, we can work it out privately.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
juliets wrote:I thought Lorab's point was we need to be able to disagree without implying the other is stupid?
Exactly.

Although I think this goes back to being an immigrant to this forum. And why I strongly consider leaving it every game. The friendly tone that exists on the other forums where I've played just isn't that same here. Attacks often seem personal and disagreements aren't done in a way that are disagreeing with the ideas. I think that my style just doesn't fit in here. but I like a lot of my friends here and I don't have anywhere else to play right now, so I keep sticking around. Maybe I should just learn my lesson and either accept that it's ok to tell others that they can't possibly be right and not understand that doing so is different from disagreeing with someone.
I am going to continue with my thinking here:

Here, Lorab played in Avant-Garde 2, Monty Python, and now Monopoly.
LoRab wrote:Although I think this goes back to being an immigrant to this forum. And why I strongly consider leaving it every game.
Leaving after every game? Uh-huh.

No and no.

You're a lying liar fabricating fabricator hoping people buy emotion.

Or, if you prefer, I don't think you are telling the truth. :lorab:
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

(Hisses at Epignosis) me thinks you like to stir up much trouble and think you are untouchable with all the cash mister Robert one :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:(Hisses at Epignosis) me thinks you like to stir up much trouble and think you are untouchable with all the cash mister Robert one :p
Aye. I make it rain all up in this piece. :dance:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

$60 on Atlantic
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Wait nevermind how did I miss Epi's bid :p
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
juliets wrote:I thought Lorab's point was we need to be able to disagree without implying the other is stupid?
Exactly.

Although I think this goes back to being an immigrant to this forum. And why I strongly consider leaving it every game. The friendly tone that exists on the other forums where I've played just isn't that same here. Attacks often seem personal and disagreements aren't done in a way that are disagreeing with the ideas. I think that my style just doesn't fit in here. but I like a lot of my friends here and I don't have anywhere else to play right now, so I keep sticking around. Maybe I should just learn my lesson and either accept that it's ok to tell others that they can't possibly be right and not understand that doing so is different from disagreeing with someone.
I am going to continue with my thinking here:

Here, Lorab played in Avant-Garde 2, Monty Python, and now Monopoly.
LoRab wrote:Although I think this goes back to being an immigrant to this forum. And why I strongly consider leaving it every game.
Leaving after every game? Uh-huh.

No and no.

You're a lying liar fabricating fabricator hoping people buy emotion.

Or, if you prefer, I don't think you are telling the truth. :lorab:
I am not lying. Whether I posted publicly about it or not, I had that thought during every game I've played here. I have mentioned it to others in BTSC or post-game or to hosts. But I like the game enough that I've stuck around. Especially with this being, really, the only active place these days, if I want to mafia in this extended community, there isn't so much choice of where to play.

I don't lie about things like that. Those that know me, I think know that. And are likely not surprised at my reaction and response here. I can see how those that don't know me might not realize that. But that's ok. I hope you'll get to know me and will learn about me.

Think I'm lying all you want. You're wrong. I'm not.

I don't like being insulted. I don't like personal attacks. I don't like that people don't understand that there's a distinction between disagreement and belittling.

But, whatever. I don't really care. Lynch me if you want. Night kill me if you want. I'm civ. Nothing to hide. :lorab:

Although I'm seriously tempted to outbid you on the property just for fun.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Where did I belittle you?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 1]

Post by LoRab »

I'll go with here:
Epignosis wrote:No...that theory cannot be a good one.
Cannot be good means that it has no redeeming qualities. Or possibility to be accurate. Or the possibility that someone could agree with it. That is belittling, not just disagreeing.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Just noticed on the Monopoly Board (http://s580.photobucket.com/user/goleaf ... 0.png.html) that Luxury Tax says "GO Money withheld" instead of the usual "Pay $75.00". That's interesting.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:I'll go with here:
Cannot be good means that it has no redeeming qualities. Or possibility to be accurate. Or the possibility that someone could agree with it. That is belittling, not just disagreeing.
Or it could mean I can't utilize a certain letter.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:Just noticed on the Monopoly Board (http://s580.photobucket.com/user/goleaf ... 0.png.html) that Luxury Tax says "GO Money withheld" instead of the usual "Pay $75.00". That's interesting.
Yeah that square is definitely a buzzkill
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Boogs wrote:

I didn't win it either. I thought you did?

Maybe someone else had a bonus added?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Boogs wrote:(Hisses at Epignosis) me thinks you like to stir up much trouble and think you are untouchable with all the cash mister Robert one :p
Oh dear.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:
Well, not that that seems to matter anymore, but you're smart. I know you can come up with a different way to say something, even if avoiding the letter essssssssss.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by FZ. »

This is kind of a relief, to be honest, but annoying too :sigh: Sorry I sucked this game, but apparently, you all suck more :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Oh dear.
Did that bet ever become official?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Oh dear.
Did that bet ever become official?
Dunno, but I lost a couple days ago anyway.

We were the participants, but neither of us bet anything. TH, llama and others did.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

S~V~S has replaced sabie12. Welcome back SVS, thanks for playing sabie. She cannot be killed tonight or lynched D3.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night

Post by S~V~S »

Yay :)

And no I am not able to discuss my first role.

I kind of followed along, so won't have to do much to get up to speed after work tonight. The current match ups are interesting and I THINK I have an opinion on all of them, but want to read more before I comment.

FWIW I would have voted for FZ as well, I wish she would have asked for replacement rather than, essentially, suiciding.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
No... it means you CHOOSE not to use a certain letter. You are not under a posting restriction, and saying this is just making excuses, imo, for posting things others may question otherwise. It's why I don't like it when you do things like this. It makes it easy to hide behind it. In my experience with you, it does not mean you are bad, and i don't suspect you for it; nor does it really effect my opinion on you vs Lorab (I am leaning civ/civ at this time pending a deeper reread).

It isn't "CAN'T". It's "WON'T". And that makes a big difference.

But I think invoking your self imposed "curse" as an excuse for being hurtful (and you had to have rolled your eyes when I subbed back in, knowing i would read it that way) is weak. You may choose to ignore my opinion, and similar opinions. I am sure you will do so. But in Mafia we give our opinions, and that is mine.

And that's all I have to say about that (*Grabs box of chocolates, sits on bench*)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Oh dear.
I blew it a long time ago. :p
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

juliets wrote:
HannaK wrote:I am inclined to believe FZ because back in the day I sorta played the pity card when I was civvie as well when I felt overwhelmed with the game and everything, plus it is also an indicator FZ doenst have BTSC.
The person I am mostly looking to right now is juliets, now I am nor familair with the style juliets normally plays, but looking through the posts I find it weird that most of them are either questions directed at other players who they find suspicous without really contributing anything substantial or info about votes and/or money. To me this feels like a good baddie tactic, posting without revealing too much about yourself so I am gonna go ahead and vote juliets. I'm not 100% convinced but so far this has spiked my baddie-sensor the most.
HannaK, my mafia style is to ask questions. Also, I got lynched once for being too nice. These two things are hallmarks of my style, i.e., regardless of my alignment I ask a lot of questions - that's how I process information - and I am normally polite when playing. You can ask the people who play with me often and I'm pretty sure they will say the same. I'm not sure what you mean about revealing anything about myself - did you read the post I just posted about who I am thinking about right now?

Speaking of that TH, TH there is one other person who has caught my eye depending on how he answers my question and that is llama. I forgot to include that in my last post.
Since everyone seems to confirm this is your playstyle I guess I should say my bad then :)

I am kinda worried about how everyone jumps onto a bandwagon of someone who only received like 2 votes (FZ), just for the reason to have the 200$ added, I mean, I get why you would do that if there is still a few minutes left to vote and it is clear that he or she is going to be lynched, but I could easily see us voting out civvies very easily just because he or she received 2 or 3 votes at the beginning of the day and everyone just tagging along with it because money

Return to “Previous Jobs”