people who enjoy food (host/deads/nons)
33%

Total votes: 12
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 51

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 2]

Post by zeek »

RIP FZ, and sorry. Thought you were trying to play me with the lynch me stuff.

Kinda surprised FZ got lynched to be honest. It looked like MP, BWT and I were the only ones who were really looking at her when I went to bed. Haven't gone back to read everything since then but it doesn't sound like they were piled on votes toward the end. I get desire to have $200 added to any bids placed on the lynched property, but our best chance of lynching baddies isfor everyone to vote on their primary suspicion and THEN bandwagon on secondary suspicions once a result seems likely or whatever.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

I thought she was bad on day one myself, though. Plus, to me, reading along, the "lynch me I suck" defense felt like a baddie ploy. I felt that if she was a civvie she would have asked to be replaced. I would have voted for her, tbh.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:I'll go with here:
Epignosis wrote:No...that theory cannot be a good one.
Cannot be good means that it has no redeeming qualities. Or possibility to be accurate. Or the possibility that someone could agree with it. That is belittling, not just disagreeing.
Or it could mean I can't utilize a certain letter.
Well, not that that seems to matter anymore, but you're smart. I know you can come up with a different way to say something, even if avoiding the letter essssssssss.
The fact that I wasn't using the letter shows that I WAS coming up with different ways to say things. ;)

I can say "Your theory can't be good" if I want. It isn't against the rules, wasn't rude, wasn't intended to be rude, and I'm not retracting my statement. You have called my approach "bullshit" before (and you were bad). Was that looking for a different way to say something? Can I say, "Hey Lorab, that's bullshit" and you'll be okay with that?

I made a post that contained three counterpoints against your theory. Instead of defending your theory, you attacked my tone. That, to me, shrieks "I'm bad, and my theory wasn't genuine."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:I'll go with here:
Epignosis wrote:No...that theory cannot be a good one.
Cannot be good means that it has no redeeming qualities. Or possibility to be accurate. Or the possibility that someone could agree with it. That is belittling, not just disagreeing.
Or it could mean I can't utilize a certain letter.
No... it means you CHOOSE not to use a certain letter. You are not under a posting restriction, and saying this is just making excuses, imo, for posting things others may question otherwise. It's why I don't like it when you do things like this. It makes it easy to hide behind it. In my experience with you, it does not mean you are bad, and i don't suspect you for it; nor does it really effect my opinion on you vs Lorab (I am leaning civ/civ at this time pending a deeper reread).

It isn't "CAN'T". It's "WON'T". And that makes a big difference.

But I think invoking your self imposed "curse" as an excuse for being hurtful (and you had to have rolled your eyes when I subbed back in, knowing i would read it that way) is weak. You may choose to ignore my opinion, and similar opinions. I am sure you will do so. But in Mafia we give our opinions, and that is mine.

And that's all I have to say about that (*Grabs box of chocolates, sits on bench*)
First, I was genuine when I said that I was sad to see you go, so I'm not sure why you think I would roll my eyes at you coming back.

Second, it wasn't a curse. It was a challenge. You can call it a choice.

Finally, I'm surprised that "Your theory can't be good" is "hurtful" rhetoric, especially to someone who has called my approach "bullshit." :confused:

Anyway, I think I've caught a railroad or utility.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Boogs wrote:(Hisses at Epignosis) me thinks you like to stir up much trouble and think you are untouchable with all the cash mister Robert one :p
Aye. I make it rain all up in this piece. :dance:
Oh dear.
I blew it a long time ago. :p
Not before I did. :dance:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Post by thellama73 »

I also gave up on the contest a long time ago, but it was fun while it lasted!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I do think there's a difference, yes. Calling something bullshit means that I think you're lying. Saying something can't be correct means that the other person had a bad idea.

I am sorry that my words hurt you. I will be more careful in the future.

And you didn't bring counterpoints that one could argue. You shot down the idea that it's possible players would behave that way. I obviously think they could. And, in my experience, have seen such things. You apparently haven't. And it's futile to try and convince you differently.

I'm not going to convince you about ideas of suspicion, so why bother trying. Others can see my initial post and draw their own conclusions. They can see yours and draw them as well. There will be folks who think I may be onto something. There will be those who don't. And that's ok.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

keys56000000000 wrote:Well I don't agree with the reasoning behind a FZ lynch, but it doesn't look like anyone else can get the majority now, so it is what it is. Hopefully FZ will flip civ.
keys, why didn't you vote? And who would you have voted for? And why did you wish FZ would flip civ? Aren't you a civ?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

And Long Con, meant to ask you in that last post will you make us another pretty picture of the Day 2 vote?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DFaraday »

I feel like this Epi/LoRab thing is probably civ/civ, but in this game I'm not sure how much those distinctions even matter.

I, too, am wondering why Keys said he hoped FZ would flip civ. Did I miss somewhere where he explained it?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by keys56000000000 »

juliets wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:Well I don't agree with the reasoning behind a FZ lynch, but it doesn't look like anyone else can get the majority now, so it is what it is. Hopefully FZ will flip civ.
keys, why didn't you vote? And who would you have voted for? And why did you wish FZ would flip civ? Aren't you a civ?
I didn't vote because I didn't know whom to vote for. Just a run-of-the-mill freudian slip. Yes I am a civ, at the moment at least.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Boogs is a railroad and is going to try to kill me tonight.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

First off, sorry I was wrong FZ., RIP. I look forward to playing another game with you on here soon!

I don't think Epig or LoRab are baddie at the moment, same goes for TH or LC.

However, I do have two questions for TH:

1) Why did you post this:
Turnip Head wrote:I voted for FZ. I don't really have any better idea, and she seemed at peace with being lynched.
When you've been clearly suspecting LC?

2)
Turnip Head wrote:I think Boogs is a railroad and is going to try to kill me tonight.
Why?

zeek wrote:RIP FZ, and sorry. Thought you were trying to play me with the lynch me stuff.

Kinda surprised FZ got lynched to be honest. It looked like MP, BWT and I were the only ones who were really looking at her when I went to bed. Haven't gone back to read everything since then but it doesn't sound like they were piled on votes toward the end. I get desire to have $200 added to any bids placed on the lynched property, but our best chance of lynching baddies isfor everyone to vote on their primary suspicion and THEN bandwagon on secondary suspicions once a result seems likely or whatever.
Also, this.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

boo wrote:
Boogs wrote:Also Boo: Can we not switch votes this lynch btw? I know there was some of that last day vote with scrambling going on.
Just post in thread if you do again. MP is back so hopefully we can get it sorted out for D3.
Also, this should be fixed FYI.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't know why. I forgot they don't kill tonight. Oops. :p
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't know why. I forgot they don't kill tonight. Oops. :p
I wouldnt and can't kill you anyway because I am neither RR or a Utility. Imagine a cat driving a train, doesnt seem to work. Or operating an ekectric or water company... water yuck and ouch!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boogs wrote:
I wouldnt and can't kill you anyway because I am neither RR or a Utility. Imagine a cat driving a train, doesnt seem to work. Or operating an ekectric or water company... water yuck and ouch!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP FZ! I'm sorry I was wrong about you! :(
Turnip Head wrote:I think Boogs is a railroad and is going to try to kill me tonight.
Do you actually think your life is in peril? Also, do you actually think Boogs is bad or not?
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by keys56000000000 »

Boogz, are you.. are you a cat?

Normaly I would agree with you that a cat doesn't posess the necessary skills required to run major infrastructure, but here you are, playing a mafia game with us, presumably typing or at least using some sort of dictation software (which in a way would be even more impressive), so fuck it - maybe you can drive a train. Who am I to argue with a talking cat?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

keys56000000000 wrote:Boogz, are you.. are you a cat?

Normaly I would agree with you that a cat doesn't posess the necessary skills required to run major infrastructure, but here you are, playing a mafia game with us, presumably typing or at least using some sort of dictation software (which in a way would be even more impressive), so fuck it - maybe you can drive a train. Who am I to argue with a talking cat?
This is why I missed you.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Do you actually think your life is in peril? Also, do you actually think Boogs is bad or not?
It was something he said to me before the night started. I'm tabling it for now because the theory doesn't make sense.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Will they kill the guy who has a Chance? :slick:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Yeah....why not...Because, Epig: you're not the only player that can take risks and have fun and see what happens.

$501 on Atlantic Avenue
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote:Yeah....why not...Because, Epig: you're not the only player that can take risks and have fun and see what happens.

$501 on Atlantic Avenue
I think your move, though boldly cool, is too late?
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Sorry everyone, was having internet issues when I got home so had to get that sorted out. The post will be a little while because I still have to do rolls and check a bunch of PMs.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

boo wrote:Sorry everyone, was having internet issues when I got home so had to get that sorted out. The post will be a little while because I still have to do rolls and check a bunch of PMs.
Can we have the post now please? I want to see if my team's kill was succes---OH NO I DON'T MEAN THAT! WHAT HAVE I SAID?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote:
LoRab wrote:Yeah....why not...Because, Epig: you're not the only player that can take risks and have fun and see what happens.

$501 on Atlantic Avenue
I think your move, though boldly cool, is too late?
I should really learn how to tell time.

And hoping the host will be a kindly and generous host.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

$501 on Atlantic Avenue
I expected someone to try to come in late and scoop me when the PMs would have been sent. I expected that person to be civilian. I will have to rethink you now.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Night 2 End/Day 3 Start: Death Punched

Black Rock has been killed by Water Works. Thanks for playing BR.
It is now Day 3. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.

Board Movements
Updated Board

Powers on Auction:
1st) Win an auction (Allows the player who uses it to place a bid in an auction and then end the auction immediately in order to win it) - Starts at $250
2nd) 3 Double Search (Allows the player to search a second player the night they use it) - Starts at $50
3rd) Proximity Check (When used, it will tell you if you have a teammate within three squares in either direction) - Starts at $100
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DAMN you, Utility! :mad: Why her? WHY?!
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

:( RIPIYWG BR
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace BR!
thellama73 wrote:
boo wrote:Sorry everyone, was having internet issues when I got home so had to get that sorted out. The post will be a little while because I still have to do rolls and check a bunch of PMs.
Can we have the post now please? I want to see if my team's kill was succes---OH NO I DON'T MEAN THAT! WHAT HAVE I SAID?
Llama made a jokey post like this when we were baddie buddies in Harry Potter :ponder: Concerning.
zeek
Money Launderer

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 3]

Post by zeek »

RIP BR, gonna reread you because I don't know why you'd have been chosen.

$250 on win an auction.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote::( RIPIYWG BR
She probably was~ it is unlikely the remaining rails other than Made found each other, although possible, I guess.
Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace BR!
thellama73 wrote:
Llama made a jokey post like this when we were baddie buddies in Harry Potter :ponder: Concerning.
Really? I don't recall, I just remember how Llamaesque his sock was, lol. But that IS an interesting point. Anyone recall Llama doing a similar thing when bad? Or civ, for that matter? I don't always notice things like that about Llama, I tend to specialize in the anti-low poster aspect of his game. Has he brought that up yet this game? And that brings me to...

I reread Sabies 3 posts consisting of confusion and mentioning the "favorite capitalism" stuff boo asked for Day One (I am pretty sure she did not send anything in~ I don't think she sent any PMs in from what I was told). So I don't think I have anything to address from replacing her, but if I do, plz let me know.

Boogs is someone I have issues reading at times; he keeps up that Kitty persona, and it is something it is easy to hide behind~ it is cute. So I am curious what you saw that he said that you in turn discounted, TH. "I think Boogs is gonna kill me" is a pretty strong statement, and I am curious about what led you to it, even if you think now that you may have been incorrect.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Aren't you dead, S~V~S? :|
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

LOL, nevermind. Just remembered you'd replaced in. I'm an idiot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

zeek wrote:Aren't you dead, S~V~S? :|
Disappointed to see me back?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Of course not :)

I haven't played much with llama really, four cycles in Zelda but I was quite busy and couldn't follow the game fully. Even less with Boogs, she died before I did in that game. I do think the kitty thing is easy to hide behind though. Is this something she does when she's bad?

I'm interested in hearing from keys, as he's been very quiet after the searching debate and not said much about suspicions.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

$100 on double search.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

RIPIYWG BR! I can't remember much of what you said, so I'll have to go back and re-read you.

$400 on win an auction
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

That was a quick re-read. Here's what I picked up from Black Rock:
Black Rock wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I can see both sides of the issue, but I think Keys has the best point. It's better to be a vanilla civ (or one with a BTSC partner) than part of a small team with no kill.

Do you not have a kill though? There are many ways to die and one way to kill is draining another players money. So wouldn't that be powerful too? Say I decided to play this game as a vanilla civ, do I trust the rest of you to play along? I look at this players list I see a bunch of these guys - :feb:

Right now I am going to play this as a mafia game and try and hunt down the baddies. Depending on how things look in the future will depend on who I trust. It's be nice if the civvies joined hands and fought the good fight, but that's not how this game was designed.
Here, she says she's going to focus on hunting down baddies. Which I'm assuming means the railroads and utilities.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Boogs wrote:
Lmao!!!!!
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Rip BR :( So to address TH: Not sure what I said that made you worried, but I was just throwing it out there you were a target. The question now for myself is do we start lynching people with too much money that can be too powerful, or people with too many powers that can be? The reason I am wondering this is because we seems to be letting people grab tons of stuff and not pay attention to them and the ones with cash coming out of their arse like Epignosis which can be a double downer if one of the people doing these things is ALSO a baddie. I want to lynch someone today who is getting too powerful to be the most honest. And I'm sorry if that makes you a choice Turnip Head, but you having 2 powers and potentially more and the most of us having 0 is dangerous to me if you are bad. Im not sure who else has won 2 powers, if anyone can keep track. I'm trying to keep a meow-mo of it all.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Well, I screwed that up. Oh well.

Anyway, continuing...
Black Rock wrote:
juliets wrote:Black Rock, speaking of hunting down baddies, do you have any suspicions at this point?

At this point? No.
Says she isn't suspicious of anyone yet.
Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Made's post looks like a bona fide slip up to me.

That's what I'm thinking.
Thinks Made slipped up. Voted for him too.
Black Rock wrote:
Made wrote:I fucking hate being bad..no salt here y'all, well played.
pce out
Sorry you had to go, thank you for making the day one lynch go so beautifully.

Have any of you bidders thought this through?
Wondered if any of the bidders realized they might be putting targets on their backs.
Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Not sure I want to spend the night talking about the person I trust most.

That, and I think it's too early to trust anyone.
Doesn't trust anyone. Which makes sense, given she said earlier she didn't suspect anyone yet.

This is pretty much the only concrete thing on anyone I could find. Here, she accuses TH of trying to build a case and mincing words doing so, instead of being a "helpful civvie".
Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Long Con wrote:Hmm, well, maybe you should put your reading glasses, grandpa...
boo wrote:Successful NKs will result in the player responsible for the NK getting the card of the killed player.
A little ketchup and fresh ground pepper might make that hat a little more palatable. Will you post a video of you eating it?

Third post of the game, three paragraphs from the bottom.
I was about ready to smother my hat in some ranch dressing, BUT! This isn't exactly the same thing. Boo said if someone kills you they get your starter card but in that quote he doesn't say that the same thing happens for any extra properties we collect. That leaves open the possibility that those properties might be auctioned off or simply placed back on the board. But you seemed pretty certain about your answer that they go to the killer, and you didn't ask in the thread for clarification.

Are you saying you did not ask Boo any questions on this matter, and that the line you quoted from the rules was your only point of reference?
Long Con wrote:
TH wrote:
Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Unless whoever wins it is railroad.
They'd better hope they're the railroad with the kill, or else they'll kill one of their own. :o
Just pointing out that this isn't how it works. The railroads can't be NK'd until they've all found each other. The Short Line bidding war was a win-win for the railroads.
Good point, I was wrong there. They couldn't kill one of their own. So I guess now I'm a railroad who's intentionally getting some thing s wrong about my own role...?
Nah man, calm down it's nothing like that... I think you're a utility :)
Do you have some sort of knowledge that the rest of us don't? Are you using this knowledge to make others feel stupid? Why do you think they killed SVS if not to gain the RR property? Whjat do you know about where it ended up? Cause it didn't just disappear. I feel like there is enough thread knowledge to assume that when the RR killed SVS they gained control of the RR property. I am sorry TH you are not looking like a helpful civvie, just someone trying to use words to make his case look solid.
Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:And I don't know why, BR, you threw in that line about me trying to make everyone else feel stupid with my knowledge... I don't know what that has to do with anything, or what you're specifically referencing, or why you think I would want to do something like that...

I'm sad that you feel I'm a player who has those sorts of intentions.
Maybe I should have not said stupid, but I felt that what you were getting at was basically that you thought LC jumping to those conclusions without asking the host a bunch of questions was stupid. Maybe it's the wrong word but I'm feeling crafty with words today. I also read it the same way as LC had, and it would seem that's how it works because the card did not go back up for auction.

I also felt while you were accusing him of jumping to conclusions with out asking the host questions you were doing the exact same thing. The only difference is you were using your conclusions as evidence. That reads baddie to me. The only reason I'm not voting you right now is the fact in other games when I didn't agree with you it was civvie TH and when I did like your arguments you were a baddie. So I disagree with a lot of your thoughts this game, you are likely civvie.
Black Rock wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:And I don't know why, BR, you threw in that line about me trying to make everyone else feel stupid with my knowledge... I don't know what that has to do with anything, or what you're specifically referencing, or why you think I would want to do something like that...

I'm sad that you feel I'm a player who has those sorts of intentions.
Maybe I should have not said stupid, but I felt that what you were getting at was basically that you thought LC jumping to those conclusions without asking the host a bunch of questions was stupid. Maybe it's the wrong word but I'm feeling crafty with words today. I also read it the same way as LC had, and it would seem that's how it works because the card did not go back up for auction.

I also felt while you were accusing him of jumping to conclusions with out asking the host questions you were doing the exact same thing. The only difference is you were using your conclusions as evidence. That reads baddie to me. The only reason I'm not voting you right now is the fact in other games when I didn't agree with you it was civvie TH and when I did like your arguments you were a baddie. So I disagree with a lot of your thoughts this game, you are likely civvie.
By feeling crafty I meant NOT feeling crafty...

Ok TH, fair enough. I just disagreed and maybe I read more into what you were saying than there was.
It ends with her backing off of him, and sounds like she's saying that she may have read into it too much.
Black Rock wrote:I voted for FZ. Why? Cause I might as well be in on the action. I'm going to work out my suspicions for next day.
Voting for FZ to get in on the bidding action. Says she'll mention her suspicions later on.

That's pretty much it. The only thing I saw of note was her going after TH, and then backing off of it. So basically, I would assume she was a civ who wasn't teamed up with anyone yet. And I can't think of a reason anyone would have wanted her dead. Which might be why the utilities killed her.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Boogs wrote:Rip BR :( So to address TH: Not sure what I said that made you worried, but I was just throwing it out there you were a target. The question now for myself is do we start lynching people with too much money that can be too powerful, or people with too many powers that can be? The reason I am wondering this is because we seems to be letting people grab tons of stuff and not pay attention to them and the ones with cash coming out of their arse like Epignosis which can be a double downer if one of the people doing these things is ALSO a baddie. I want to lynch someone today who is getting too powerful to be the most honest. And I'm sorry if that makes you a choice Turnip Head, but you having 2 powers and potentially more and the most of us having 0 is dangerous to me if you are bad. Im not sure who else has won 2 powers, if anyone can keep track. I'm trying to keep a meow-mo of it all.
By that argument though, you can't assume everyone who is powerful is a baddie. There could be some powerful civs out there right now as well.

I agree that we need to pay attention to people who are picking up multiple powers and whatnot. But just because they're doing so isn't indicative of their baddieness or civvieness.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

I'm going to research and create the rest of my memo who "won" what, meaning what publically looks like they won assuming they don't have any extra vote money on powers. Shall be back shortly.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

According to the rules here are the winners as follows as far as we know:
Day 1:
Hedge wins Windfall
Epignosis wins dice roll
Epignosis wins chance

Day 2:
TH wins Auto protect
TH wins jail card
LC wins auto find and has partner contact
BwT wins auction card

So Again, Epignosis and TH win 2 things. Also, how does Epignosis have so much cash to blow, he must be getting low or have help. And LC auto found a partner potentially last night making him very powerful.
I will vote for either of those 3 if we agree they are getting too strong, which I totally do.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

One last thing then I must continue my tv show, I think LC may be the best choice today if he found his partner. On the flip side of that, can we assume he is a Civ? Or that he could have won it to block us for searching as a mafia member? This game is nuts! Lol. Chance and a dice doesn't seem as dangerous on Epignosis as TH and LC getting crazy strong though.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Boogs wrote:According to the rules here are the winners as follows as far as we know:
Day 1:
Hedge wins Windfall
Epignosis wins dice roll
Epignosis wins chance

Day 2:
TH wins Auto protect
TH wins jail card
LC wins auto find and has partner contact
BwT wins auction card

So Again, Epignosis and TH win 2 things. Also, how does Epignosis have so much cash to blow, he must be getting low or have help. And LC auto found a partner potentially last night making him very powerful.
I will vote for either of those 3 if we agree they are getting too strong, which I totally do.
I do appreciate the list. Thanks! I'll add it to my spreadsheet.

Do you have any reasons to think Epig, TH, or LC are bad though? The only one of those who's pinged me at all is Epig (with the stuff between LC and him), and it wasn't enough for me to vote him yet. Or do you just want to vote for them because you feel they are too powerful?

If they're powerful, then fine. But I'm going to stick with voting for people I think are bad for now.

Also, I don't think I won the auction card. Someone outbid me for it pretty close to the last minute. Can't remember who though.

Linki: That actually is a good point about LC. He seemed interested in keys' early idea about actively choosing to not search for partners. And then for him to go and bid/win an auto-find power doesn't tell me if he changed his mind, or is trying to keep others from getting it.

Return to “Previous Jobs”