33%

Total votes: 12
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Turnip Head »

Good point Keys, I forgot about the two-property sets. LC could already be a non civ.

It's the fact that his defection won't need to be immediately addressed that keeps me from voting LC today or in the near future. He won't gain a kill or anything, he just can't win with us if he forms a team. In the meantime I think we'd be better off looking for the OG baddies.

linki: Hmmmm. Must process.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Boogs wrote:Linki great find Mp. He could have the whole set now which can triple the amount we pay and also can buy houses and hotels. They can make us go bankrupt which kills us JUST like nightkills.
Seriously, I don't see how LC and Llama are NOT LMS or railroads at this point. It's not just a future possibility. It is happening now. Can anyone else explain Llama's turnaround to be anything other than them finding BTSC on Night 1?
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by keys56000000000 »

Intersting stuff there, MP7.
It would go against boo's concept of what Monopoly Mafia is about,
Boo, you feel that way? Cause I can be replaced. Seriously. Let someone else come and play properly, or whatever. :haha: :shrug:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ha ha, linkitis. I'll post it anyway.
Turnip Head wrote:Who're you looking at today, Con?
I know you're asking me who I find suspicious, but I'm going to take you quasi-literally and tell you who I'm looking at.

I'm looking at Llama. I'm just watching him, not sure what his motives are. Is he trying to make me react a certain way? His unequivocal trust in me is actually a little disconcerting. And it comes after I put forth the theory about you (TH) and Metalmarsh - wherein I laid out why baddies would come forth with their trust in a perceived Civvie. I don't think I need to go through it again, as I recall, I was as detailed as I could be then.

So is Llama... testing me? Is he trying to see if I'll accuse him of being a baddie for it? Is this a test of my commitment to my stated ideals? Is he testing my mental flexibility? Is he a baddie hiding in the open because I would start to look silly if I accused the next 'suspicious truster' of being a baddie as well?

I hope someone else might give some opinions on this, because I'm just not sure what to think or say about Llama, except that he's who I'm looking at right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:Ha ha, linkitis. I'll post it anyway.
Turnip Head wrote:Who're you looking at today, Con?
I know you're asking me who I find suspicious, but I'm going to take you quasi-literally and tell you who I'm looking at.

I'm looking at Llama. I'm just watching him, not sure what his motives are. Is he trying to make me react a certain way? His unequivocal trust in me is actually a little disconcerting. And it comes after I put forth the theory about you (TH) and Metalmarsh - wherein I laid out why baddies would come forth with their trust in a perceived Civvie. I don't think I need to go through it again, as I recall, I was as detailed as I could be then.

So is Llama... testing me? Is he trying to see if I'll accuse him of being a baddie for it? Is this a test of my commitment to my stated ideals? Is he testing my mental flexibility? Is he a baddie hiding in the open because I would start to look silly if I accused the next 'suspicious truster' of being a baddie as well?

I hope someone else might give some opinions on this, because I'm just not sure what to think or say about Llama, except that he's who I'm looking at right now.
Contrived.

Convinces me I'm right.

Let's do this. I'm voting LC. Llama can go tomorrow. See you folks later.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MP, I'm actually way more intrigued by a Llama vote than an LC vote. Especially since he's the one who did the big turnaround on his opinion of LC.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Contrived, my ass, MP. There's nothign contrived in that post, and it really upsets me that you said that. I wrote that whole thing before even seeing your case about me and Llama.

At least lynch Llama instead. I swear to GOD that he is messing with me with this trust stuff, and he is NOT my partner! Llama today, me tomorrow, don't let him take me down like this.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Turnip Head wrote:Good point Keys, I forgot about the two-property sets. LC could already be a non civ.

It's the fact that his defection won't need to be immediately addressed that keeps me from voting LC today or in the near future. He won't gain a kill or anything, he just can't win with us if he forms a team. In the meantime I think we'd be better off looking for the OG baddies.

linki: Hmmmm. Must process.
TH but you let him get his third piece and turn Indy since they can win and now they make rent more expensive for us all and can buy hotels. You need to get him now before we go bankrupt, which in the rules mentioned the person's cards in possession go up for auction. When THAT happens, LCs team has so much money they outbid us on that too! He is way to dangerous.
Please think people, mrow!

TH llama did not win powers, LC did.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TH, I'm fine either way. I just want us to be unanimous here, and Boogs already voted LC. If you folks want to vote Llama off instead, I'm cool with that.

LC, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but I'm calling your post out because it dripped contrived all throughout. That's my interpretation. If you don't mean it that way, sorry, but I highly doubt that is the case now. Sorry bud.

NOW SERIOUSLY. Gotta go. :P
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I didn't ask for Llama to pull this crap, and I sure as hell wouldn't ask or want a teammate (and future possible LMS partner) to be doing it. We are not partners, I don't know this man, at the very least lynch him before me please.

What "powers" did I win?? I got an Autofind and used it. I don't have whatever "powers" we're talking about. All I have now is LESS money than Llama, and therefore LESS access to future bids.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Long Con wrote:Contrived, my ass, MP. There's nothign contrived in that post, and it really upsets me that you said that. I wrote that whole thing before even seeing your case about me and Llama.

At least lynch Llama instead. I swear to GOD that he is messing with me with this trust stuff, and he is NOT my partner! Llama today, me tomorrow, don't let him take me down like this.
You're distancing like in Monty Python with Bullz. I don't buy it. Not letting you swindle your way to the end and outsmart me this game, taking you out while I can stop you.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:LC, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but I'm calling your post out because it dripped contrived all throughout. That's my interpretation. If you don't mean it that way, sorry, but I highly doubt that is the case now. Sorry bud.
You are wrong, I meant every word I typed in that post, and it reflects my actual thoughts on the situation. Llama is not my partner.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

What I'm most interested in now is hearing why Llama changed his opinion so abruptly re: LC.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Long Con wrote:I didn't ask for Llama to pull this crap, and I sure as hell wouldn't ask or want a teammate (and future possible LMS partner) to be doing it. We are not partners, I don't know this man, at the very least lynch him before me please.

What "powers" did I win?? I got an Autofind and used it. I don't have whatever "powers" we're talking about. All I have now is LESS money than Llama, and therefore LESS access to future bids.
Less money? How do WE know that? We move on the board every night. You could have tons as far as we know which was okay for you to buy that auto find.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Post by thellama73 »

I am frankly insulted that you guys think my mafia game is so artless that I would just switch from saying "LC is bad" to "LC is good" because of BTS info. I actually hate when people do that. It is against the spirit of the game. My turnaround on LC was based purely on his in thread behavior. I have not yet found a member of my team. I search SVS night one and she was killed. I searched MP night 2, and he is not on my team.

As for who I'm voting for today, I don't know yet. Looks like I may have to save myself, so we'll see. But I am interested in some of the middle-of-the-road players between chatty and silent.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

TH is am sad we aren't on the same set though :( I love you playing in then games i hosted.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Boogs wrote:
Long Con wrote:Contrived, my ass, MP. There's nothign contrived in that post, and it really upsets me that you said that. I wrote that whole thing before even seeing your case about me and Llama.

You're distancing like in Monty Python with Bullz. I don't buy it. Not letting you swindle your way to the end and outsmart me this game, taking you out while I can stop you.
You are a cat with your claws into something so tight that you will make yourself see anything that supports you and nothing that doesn't. You are lynching me solely because I bought the Autofind, at least admit it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:I am frankly insulted that you guys think my mafia game is so artless that I would just switch from saying "LC is bad" to "LC is good" because of BTS info. I actually hate when people do that. It is against the spirit of the game. My turnaround on LC was based purely on his in thread behavior. I have not yet found a member of my team. I search SVS night one and she was killed. I searched MP night 2, and he is not on my team.

As for who I'm voting for today, I don't know yet. Looks like I may have to save myself, so we'll see. But I am interested in some of the middle-of-the-road players between chatty and silent.
How about next time, you stay out of my shit, ok? :mad:
keys56000000000
The Mark

Yeah, I'm voting LC. Unionising ain't sounding so lame now, eh? :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Long Con wrote:
Boogs wrote:

You are a cat with your claws into something so tight that you will make yourself see anything that supports you and nothing that doesn't. You are lynching me solely because I bought the Autofind, at least admit it.
Whether Llama ends up being your partner like we think or not, YOU admitted you found your partner last night and are one step closer to bankrupting me. Not letting you have the chance and I hope you are bluffing and show up mafia and didn't find a partner, that would be a bonus.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I am frankly insulted that you guys think my mafia game is so artless that I would just switch from saying "LC is bad" to "LC is good" because of BTS info. I actually hate when people do that. It is against the spirit of the game. My turnaround on LC was based purely on his in thread behavior. I have not yet found a member of my team. I search SVS night one and she was killed. I searched MP night 2, and he is not on my team.

How about next time, you stay out of my shit, ok? :mad:
Make me.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Boogs wrote:
Long Con wrote:I didn't ask for Llama to pull this crap, and I sure as hell wouldn't ask or want a teammate (and future possible LMS partner) to be doing it. We are not partners, I don't know this man, at the very least lynch him before me please.

Less money? How do WE know that? We move on the board every night. You could have tons as far as we know which was okay for you to buy that auto find.
All YOU know is what has been publicly shown, and it was publicly shown that I am down $400-something for the Autofind, and Llama is not. Anything else is blind finger-pointing. I'm not one of the big money-makers in this game, I'm just not.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Llama and LC both seem super upset over these new allegations, wonder if that means anything.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:Llama and LC both seem super upset over these new allegations, wonder if that means anything.
I'm not upset over being suspected. I am always suspected. I just wish you guys would give me a little more credit. :P

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I was going to say at one point Llama, that I would hope you'd play it a little more tactfully if MP's theory were true. :p
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Turnip Head wrote:Llama and LC both seem super upset over these new allegations, wonder if that means anything.
Distancing and anger maybe? :p
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, fine, I was hoping that enough people playing aren't just out to punish people who win prizes or buy properties. I thought bidding on cool stuff was going to be a fun and interesting part of the game, and not an instant death sentence. If I was wrong, then I misjudged the game and the players and I'll be lynched today for it.

I thought we were going to focus on the baddies. I thought I could find a partner and be strengthened by getting BTSC and use that to help find and lynch the baddies. I think it would be a more fun game for everyone if we played that way, and I also think that it would be smarter. Even if I find my third colour group person tonight, even if I ALREADY found that person, there's no comparison at all to the level of danger the baddies pose. The worst I could do is build hotels and hope someone lands on them. The baddies are collecting properties all the time. The baddies are making lots of money. This money can be used to bid and win lynched properties.

Let's just focus on the baddies and stop trying to take me out because I found a partner.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Boogs wrote:
Quit being so smug. You're wrong.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Long Con wrote:Ok, fine, I was hoping that enough people playing aren't just out to punish people who win prizes or buy properties. I thought bidding on cool stuff was going to be a fun and interesting part of the game, and not an instant death sentence. If I was wrong, then I misjudged the game and the players and I'll be lynched today for it.

I thought we were going to focus on the baddies. I thought I could find a partner and be strengthened by getting BTSC and use that to help find and lynch the baddies. I think it would be a more fun game for everyone if we played that way, and I also think that it would be smarter. Even if I find my third colour group person tonight, even if I ALREADY found that person, there's no comparison at all to the level of danger the baddies pose. The worst I could do is build hotels and hope someone lands on them. The baddies are collecting properties all the time. The baddies are making lots of money. This money can be used to bid and win lynched properties.

Let's just focus on the baddies and stop trying to take me out because I found a partner.

Nice try to sway us not to vote you. I ultimately can see you being mafia and bluffing us again. You're a good liar LC, I have seen it firsthand .
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Long Con wrote:
Boogs wrote:
Quit being so smug. You're wrong.
No U :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:Ok, fine, I was hoping that enough people playing aren't just out to punish people who win prizes or buy properties. I thought bidding on cool stuff was going to be a fun and interesting part of the game, and not an instant death sentence. If I was wrong, then I misjudged the game and the players and I'll be lynched today for it.

I agree with all of this. :srsnod:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Man, this game is fun.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Boogs wrote:

Nice try to sway us not to vote you. I ultimately can see you being mafia and bluffing us again. You're a good liar LC, I have seen it firsthand .
There has been no case made that points to me being a baddie. Stop pretending you're doing anything but trying to lynch me for winning an Autofind.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Either way LC, you had to have known that getting that power would make you a target. Don't hate us, we're just playing the game too!

How's everybody feeling about Metalmarsh these days? He's on my list of players who are just barely paying enough attention. He seems to just be "going along with it"
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:Either way LC, you had to have known that getting that power would make you a target. Don't hate us, we're just playing the game too!

How's everybody feeling about Metalmarsh these days? He's on my list of players who are just barely paying enough attention. He seems to just be "going along with it"
I thought probably a target for the baddies, I really thought we were not going in that direction with the lynches.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm also wary of Hedgeowl being quiet, especially after the last game.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Guys, calm down. There are only three votes in with another twenty to come. I will certainly not be voting Long Con. I trust cooler heads will prevail in the next day and a half. There's no need to panic just yet.

zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 51

Post by zeek »

Well, MP makes a decent case. I do think Mafia should be our priority because they have a kill. But there is legitimate concern that LC, llama and a possible third partner could be Mafia. I'll probably vote either way as well. llama is saying he didn't 180 on LC because of BTSC but is convinced LC is civ. Yeah... something ain't right in that.

I also find declarations like "I have not found a partner" to be a bit bullshitty. Why even say it?
Turnip Head wrote:How's everybody feeling about Metalmarsh these days? He's on my list of players who are just barely paying enough attention. He seems to just be "going along with it"
This is how I feel pretty much. I'd like to hear his thoughts.
keys56000000000
The Mark

LC wrote: The worst I could do is build hotels and hope someone lands on them.
Civs are the vast majority in this game - you hope they'll land on your hotel? I can see how having a hotel would help you, but how will it help us? And will it really help you?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm also wary of Hedgeowl being quiet, especially after the last game.
Ha! I was just thinking "Boogs wants to come after me for being a sneaky baddie in Monty Python?? What about Hedgeowl and her extended gang of superthugs who were laughing at all of us while they ran the whole game?" :haha:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

zeek wrote:Well, MP makes a decent case. I do think Mafia should be our priority because they have a kill. But there is legitimate concern that LC, llama and a possible third partner could be Mafia. I'll probably vote either way as well. llama is saying he didn't 180 on LC because of BTSC but is convinced LC is civ. Yeah... something ain't right in that.

I also find declarations like "I have not found a partner" to be a bit bullshitty. Why even say it?
This is a lazy post. You're just latching onto an existing theory (a bad one at that). Why would a baddie be so careless as to just vouch for a teammate without explanation? Come on, Zeek, you know me better than that.

As to why I said "I have not found a teammate," there are two reason why I said it.

1) It's true.
2) I was accused of having found a teammate.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:Either way LC, you had to have known that getting that power would make you a target. Don't hate us, we're just playing the game too!

I was having qualms about MM so I went through his posts yesterday or maybe the day before. What struck me is his posts seem to be not quite on the main subject like for example there were a lot of posts about that S bet - more posts about that than any other thing in the game. Another post he made was that kitty train which while funny, was not making an involved comment in the game. The thing I don't know because I never really paid attention is this how he plays in all games. Maybe someone could speak about that. I'm going to re-read him again because to be fair, depending on when I re-read him he could have added some nice on-topic posts or maybe they were there before but the other posts stayed with me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000 wrote:
LC wrote: The worst I could do is build hotels and hope someone lands on them.
Civs are the vast majority in this game - you hope they'll land on your hotel? I can see how having a hotel would help you, but how will it help us? And will it really help you?
First of all you are taking that statement out of context, and then asking what I mean by part of it.
Long Con wrote:Even if I find my third colour group person tonight, even if I ALREADY found that person, there's no comparison at all to the level of danger the baddies pose. The worst I could do is build hotels and hope someone lands on them. The baddies are collecting properties all the time. The baddies are making lots of money. This money can be used to bid and win lynched properties.
There's the sentence in context. As you can see, I wasn't saying "Well, I hope lots of people land on my hotel!", I was comparing my earning potential to the baddies' earning potential.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

Boogs wrote:Who says you wouldn't go rogue? You just admitted you have the second teammate. The powers anyone can buy, so who is to say your team can't eventually get kills yourself or a special power forming monopolies or the set besides you as well? Not to mention, when you have a set complete the rent is more AND you can buy hotels and houses making US pay more which results we die. So do we die by NKs or by going bankrupt by people like you who have your set complete?

See the dangers everyone????
Boogs, do you think that LC is in a two person set? Or that he found one btsc partner and is looking for more? Because if he is still looking for more, I don't see how he is a bigger threat then someone who might be a railroad. I'm just trying to understand you right because you seem fairly confident in this and I am not sure why
Gro-oo-ovy
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

fingersplints wrote:
Boogs wrote:Who says you wouldn't go rogue? You just admitted you have the second teammate. The powers anyone can buy, so who is to say your team can't eventually get kills yourself or a special power forming monopolies or the set besides you as well? Not to mention, when you have a set complete the rent is more AND you can buy hotels and houses making US pay more which results we die. So do we die by NKs or by going bankrupt by people like you who have your set complete?

See the dangers everyone????
Boogs, do you think that LC is in a two person set? Or that he found one btsc partner and is looking for more? Because if he is still looking for more, I don't see how he is a bigger threat then someone who might be a railroad. I'm just trying to understand you right because you seem fairly confident in this and I am not sure why
No I think he's a three person set, but I also think it could be a bluff and he's a mafia team and bought the auto find to taunt us. Either way, I think he needs to go. If he isn't mafia, he could have almost a complete set and cause the rest of us as Civs to go bankrupt which also is dangerous and kills us from the game. So it's a balancing act. Do we keep him or go after him and if he bluffed and is mafia, we get a double win.
keys56000000000
The Mark

LC, you seem to be saying that you wouldn't be as much of a threat as the mafia, but it doesn't matter to the civ if they land on a mafia-owned hotel or a non-mafia-owned hotel. Sure, mafia have the NK, but a player with a hotel is still a threat to the civs.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000 wrote:LC, you seem to be saying that you wouldn't be as much of a threat as the mafia, but it doesn't matter to the civ if they land on a mafia-owned hotel or a non-mafia-owned hotel. Sure, mafia have the NK, but a player with a hotel is still a threat to the civs.
Do you see a hotel? I have one BTSC partner, that's it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Will hotels appear on the board when they're placed? Seems like it would work just like the railroad rent going up, in that we wouldn't notice until we're missing money from our pockets.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Long Con wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:LC, you seem to be saying that you wouldn't be as much of a threat as the mafia, but it doesn't matter to the civ if they land on a mafia-owned hotel or a non-mafia-owned hotel. Sure, mafia have the NK, but a player with a hotel is still a threat to the civs.
Do you see a hotel? I have one BTSC partner, that's it.
But you each have a chance to find teammate 3 tonight. We have a one chance.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

@Juliets those were the same things I noticed about MM as well. I think he's more prone to being off topic and noncommittal when he's a baddie, from my experience.

Return to “Previous Jobs”