House (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
87%

Total votes: 15
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 9]

Post by Golden »

I already know what G-Man thinks of sloonei, don't need to revisit it. My gut with that stuff was always that G-Man had no high poster teammates and that he really wanted the thread to focus on high rather than low posters, and in that sense I've always felt as though G-Man provides a solid clear for sloonei.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:11 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:02 pm [VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine

So many little pings going off, but lacking the theory of mind as a civ and tying yourself up in ‘that’s why you’re bad, actually that makes you civ’ logic is enough for a vote.
I seem to recall baddie Eloh being guilty of being too agreeable. I'm not sure we're seeing the same thing here, coward.
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:21 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:11 pm I seem to recall baddie Eloh being guilty of being too agreeable. I'm not sure we're seeing the same thing here, coward.
Eloh jumped off a sig suspicion after a couple of people town read him. I’m not sure what you’re seeing, but I would characterise Eloh’s game so far as agreeable.
G-Man's first mention of Elo, I think, criticising me for voting for elo (which developed into G-Man voting for me), is ironic looking back given his decsription of Elo's mafia game is what I felt like I was seeing.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:03 pm Vanishing for most of the phase was not my intention. Here is a short version of what I have so far:

Several tiers based on participation-

Big Talk- Scotty, Sloonei, Golden coward, DH- I would be shocked if there wasn’t a baddie in that group. Maybe two, but lots of productive chatter for the most part.

Llama in a tier of his own, but I still feel loose llama is good llama.

VivAxe or Viv2.0, Eloh, Michelle, Quin- mixed bag here. Eloh was sussed yesterday, Viv2.0 is a reset and still murky on D1 NAA read, Michelle feels most ambiguous (her posts didn’t make any impression on me), and same goes for Quin. These folks are at radar-level. I need to ISO to see if I detected a skimmer.

Kate, sig, Bea, Wilgy- 1/2 seem off the table today and the sig is less memorable that Wilgy licking everything in sight. Under the radar crew- also need ISOs to find manufactured content.

G-Man, LoRab, DF- low posters. Not ideal to find myself in that camp that must be ‘dealt with’ before too long. I saw points about LR’s evasiveness but I’m not exactly one to harp on that without being a hypocrite just yet. DF… just needs to show up for the weekend and get some content before he becomes an afterthought to everything happening in the present.

I will try to speed read the day and make a vote after I get back from wife’s birthday dinner.

Too many null reads for me right now- not a good look. Need to get my head back in the game and sort out some townclears to help my poe.
This is a fascinating post by this point.

Either Sloonei is bad and he has a baddie in that tier of high posters...

Or he bunched them all together.

And being the data analyst that he is, I could absolutely see G-Man assuming that people would read into these posts that 'baddies like to split their teammates up' and believing he was giving them cover by putting them all together. That's totally a G-Man gambit I buy.

:cloud9: I actually love it. This is clever play.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm Civ-Leans:

-Eloh
-Golden
-Scotty
-Sloonei

I still feel like the suspicion of Eloh was overblown on D1. There was some speculation later about a townslip but I have to read back more for that. The other three all sound so darn supatown but I have to confess that I can't keep them straight in my head when reading the thread. ISO's will help. I don't know if it's a processing issue on my brain's part, but all their super-sleuthing voices run together in my head. It is frustrating and I don't know how to break myself of it. It happens in just about every game that I play- voices just merge in my head and I struggle to distinguish them as individuals. ISO'ing these folks is no picnic either, as they have posted an outsized share of the game thread. I still maintain that there's bound to be a baddie among the most talkative players. There almost always is. Otherwise the talkative players would eventually harmonize and the poe becomes simpler. Maybe there's more to distinguish them since this morning.
More irony at this point, the final three all in G-Man's civ leans. I've highlighted the portion that sticks out to me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm
Elohcin:
I still think the D1 sus of her was overblown at best and disingenuous at worst. I hope to source the origin of her train through these ISO's. She was sus of Vivax 1.0 and Sloonei. She continued to be sus of Sloonei D2, and there is the supposed townslip. Despite Sloonei sus, she turns her attention and vote to LoRab for her unhelpfulness and tone. Now she is OT Green for the day. @Elohcin What is the state of your Sloonei suspicion? I still feel good about her. Maybe her vote for LoRab could be read as advantageous, but I haven't seen the 'agreeable tell' like I think I remember.

Votes: Sloonei D1, LoRab D2
There's that word again
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:35 pm Vamoosing for a bit to get some work done (because, like it or not, playing mafia doesn't pay the bills). Here's where my ISO's stand so far:

Towncore:
-Bea
-Eloh
-G-Man
-Kate

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy

More to come tonight.
Of G-Man's four civ leans, only Eloh makes it into his town core.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Lastly, G-Man did that think where he refused to vote for sloonei to save himself on day 3, which is wifom but definitely feels like he wanted eyes on sloonei on day 4.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK, I've skimmed Elo at this point... to be honest, I feel like I've found my baddie and so I was more ruling some stuff out.

Elo votes Michelle on Michelle's lynch day saying 'she's suspected her all game' but that isn't really substantiated, not even by her voting Michelle the day before when she could easily have been lynched instead of Quin.

The big thing is the 'townslip' in which Elo believes rev mafia is scum. She said this on day two, and really it has been what has driven by town read of her for the whole game since then without doing much questioning of it.

I have two theories on that, either one of which are plausible enough to allow me to go with the evidence of my eyes. Both of them are plausible to me because Elo was specifically calling out her real life stuff in the early game that prevented her from fully participating.

1) She mistakenly believed her team had saved her from the lynch (perhaps even a basic misunderstanding of something in mafia chat). In the world where she believes rev mafia is mafia, it makes sense that she'd want to paint sloonei as responsible for the lynch swap to immediately minimise questions about why she survived; or

2) She just hadn't got around to reading the roles thoroughly yet, including her own team's roles, and it was a simple error.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My read through tonight has made me feel quite confident in the right direction. In fact, I feel a little silly that I have relied on the townslip for so long and not done analysis that I think genuinely does point in that direction.

Sloonei - if you are bad, congratulations for pocketing me. One thing elo has infoslipped, townslip or not, is that she is not revolution mafia. Linki is almost certainly dead, and I know my own role. That provides a 50% chance that revolution mafia is alive. My thinking right now is not based only on this thread research, but also the fact that you have given me reason to believe, in our interactions, that you are rev mafia. Lol at me thinking you were a mason. But often the traditional way of solving these role madness games is by working out who the roles are, and I'm hopeful that this is how the civs will bring this one home too.

[VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine

Fingers crossed I have this right, sorry if I have it wrong. I'll try and spend some time in tomorrow too, if the game isn't over.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Elohcin »

My pull NIVIR wurks ENYMURI! O thuruaghly du nut andirstend ot. Guldin, yua niid tu muvi yuar vuti uff uf my roght nuw. Yua eri ixtrimily wrung on yuar thuaghts uf mi biong bed. @Sloonei , du yua uftin sii huw attirly wrung @Golden cen bi tudey? O sulimnly swier thet OO'm cov.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

O rielly niid tu rielly cunvonci Om cov. Of nut, covs woll difonotily nut won thi gemi.

Whiri eri yua? Nivir hiri whin O em.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:00 pm My pull NIVIR wurks ENYMURI! O thuruaghly du nut andirstend ot. Guldin, yua niid tu muvi yuar vuti uff uf my roght nuw. Yua eri ixtrimily wrung on yuar thuaghts uf mi biong bed. @Sloonei , du yua uftin sii huw attirly wrung @Golden cen bi tudey? O sulimnly swier thet OO'm cov.
My vote is cast. If I'm wrong I'm sorry, and Sloonei has me snowed.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Moveable votes is dead.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

uh, O TRALY furgut. Thi fect thet yua OMPETOINTLY dod nut weot fur mi tu RIELLY telk tu yua mekis mi VIRY sed. Why wuald e cov HARRODLY vuti? [VOTE: golden] aubergine
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

EGEON, pull nu wurk.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:33 pm uh, O TRALY furgut. Thi fect thet yua OMPETOINTLY dod nut weot fur mi tu RIELLY telk tu yua mekis mi VIRY sed. Why wuald e cov HARRODLY vuti? [VOTE: golden] aubergine
Could I have waited? Sure.
Would it have changed my mind? You'd have had to pull out something special.

I understand why my impatience might be frustrating, but for me waiting on something when I've already made my mind up isn't me being honest or fair with you (or myself) either. I am impatient and impulsive and gut-based and I'm leaning into that more these days (not just in mafia, but in life) because the other thing isn't me being me, and also I don't have the time I used to

:hugs: I've enjoyed playing with you again Elo. I hope I'm right, and if I'm not I hope the civs won't hold it against me.

It's all up to you now sloonei.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I’ve got a few work/storm prep things to do this afternoon. I’ll get in here to review and make my final decision in a bit.

Whichever of you is town can rest easy that you chose right. If I was mafia, I’d just hammer now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:48 pm I’ve got a few work/storm prep things to do this afternoon. I’ll get in here to review and make my final decision in a bit.

Whichever of you is town can rest easy that you chose right. If I was mafia, I’d just hammer now.
Yey. O'm TUTELLY roght.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Spacedaisy »

current vote tally:

Golden —> Elohcin
Elohcin —> Golden

Golden: 1
Elohcin: 1
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Spacedaisy »

We have discovered a glitch in which if the poll doesn’t let you move votes, you can’t choose to view results, it apparently counts that as a vote and now you don’t have an option. We established this a few day phases ago. It is not just you that it isn’t working for. This is why I’ve tried to keep vote tallies so that people don’t need to use the view results option, and so that those who have used it can still add their vote to the tally even if their poll doesn’t let them vote anymore.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Golden Can you talk a bit more about your decision to cast such an early vote for Eloh? What convinced you she is not town? She was OT Green'd and all that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Elohcin If Golden had not voted for you and you were free to vote for either of us, who do you think you would have chosen? Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:35 pm @Golden Can you talk a bit more about your decision to cast such an early vote for Eloh? What convinced you she is not town? She was OT Green'd and all that.
I spent two hours isoing Quin, Michelle, G-Man and Eloh last night and what I saw led me that way. I did post a lot of it in the thread.

Being OT greened is NAI for me, I'd be expecting that role to target teammates some of the time.

Besides that, it is not 'such an early vote'. For me there is no merit in waiting around 12 more hours just for the look of the thing.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Of the three things that looked good on Eloh

The day one vote
The town slip
The OT green

Only the first two were things I felt like I really needed to satisfy myself could be otherwise explained.

Basically, the approach I took into my isoing last night was 'I think it must be elo, because I really do think sloonei is town. But these are the things that I need to find a satisfying explanation for, because if I can't then maybe it is sloonei after all'.

And what I found, for me, was a satisfying explanation for both of them and a baddie team that treated Elo basically the same way they all treated each other. There was some real 'aha' moments in there, particularly in reading G-Man's iso.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:37 pm @Elohcin If Golden had not voted for you and you were free to vote for either of us, who do you think you would have chosen? Why?
RIED ELUAD. Ot hilps.

O gat filt guldin wes bed ell gemi bat knuwligebly cuald nivir gu thiri tu baold e cesi. Hi wes qaoit ierly un end bicemi muri uf e furci eftir G wes doid. O fiil loki yuar gemipley hes biin muri cunsostint. Bat O hevi tu bi hunist. Of tudey wint doffirintly end guldin hed cumi on end telkid, bat weotid fur mi tu try tu rispund, end thin weotid antol clusir tu ind uf dey tu vuti yua, O wuald hevi es will. Thet osn't huw tudey wint, thuagh. Tudey, Guldin cemi on end pustid e BANCH whoch luukid loki "tryong" tu hilp tu sevi hos batt end thin vutid bifuri enyuni rispundid. O thonk hos ontintouns wiri tu cuntrul thi thried. O dodn't loki thet end ot sielid my gat fiilongs O'vi hed ell gemi. O jast hupi O'm roght.

LONKO - Guldin dod nut ivin weot fur as tu rispund!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:01 pmO gat filt guldin wes bed ell gemi
This isn't in your iso at all.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Anyway, I don't think a slinging match between me and elo helps anything but I do really help you will read night 1, please don't skip that and think that it won't be as helpful as other things.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

You both responded within moments of each other. Seems awfully coordinated... :goofp:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:35 pm @Golden Can you talk a bit more about your decision to cast such an early vote for Eloh? What convinced you she is not town? She was OT Green'd and all that.
I spent two hours isoing Quin, Michelle, G-Man and Eloh last night and what I saw led me that way. I did post a lot of it in the thread.

Being OT greened is NAI for me, I'd be expecting that role to target teammates some of the time.

Besides that, it is not 'such an early vote'. For me there is no merit in waiting around 12 more hours just for the look of the thing.
Did it not give you pause that, if you were wrong, you'd effectively be ending the game then and there?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:03 pm
Elohcin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:01 pmO gat filt guldin wes bed ell gemi
This isn't in your iso at all.
yua eri currict. O nivir seod O filt thet wey. O wes wristlong bitwiin gat end hied.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:06 pm

Did it not give you pause that, if you were wrong, you'd effectively be ending the game then and there?
THOS
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:01 pm Hi wes qaoit ierly un end bicemi muri uf e furci eftir G wes doid. O fiil loki yuar gemipley hes biin muri cunsostint
I am sorry, but I'm not sure I buy this sentiment at all. If anything, my play has been inconsistent and Golden has been a steady force all game. I've dropped off the face of the earth since G-man was eliminated. What makes you call me the more consistent player?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:37 pm @Elohcin If Golden had not voted for you and you were free to vote for either of us, who do you think you would have chosen? Why?
RIED ELUAD. Ot hilps.

O gat filt guldin wes bed ell gemi bat knuwligebly cuald nivir gu thiri tu baold e cesi. Hi wes qaoit ierly un end bicemi muri uf e furci eftir G wes doid. O fiil loki yuar gemipley hes biin muri cunsostint. Bat O hevi tu bi hunist. Of tudey wint doffirintly end guldin hed cumi on end telkid, bat weotid fur mi tu try tu rispund, end thin weotid antol clusir tu ind uf dey tu vuti yua, O wuald hevi es will. Thet osn't huw tudey wint, thuagh. Tudey, Guldin cemi on end pustid e BANCH whoch luukid loki "tryong" tu hilp tu sevi hos batt end thin vutid bifuri enyuni rispundid. O thonk hos ontintouns wiri tu cuntrul thi thried. O dodn't loki thet end ot sielid my gat fiilongs O'vi hed ell gemi. O jast hupi O'm roght.

To be honest Elo, and like I understand your disappointment in me not giving you a chance and it feels like the 'fair' thing to have time to respond and all of that.

But I would have just been pandering to you, and not being myself.

I've been saying since day one with bea that I am a different person to what I was when I last played, and that is because of me acknowledging my neurodiversity, and there are, I guess 'norms' that others like it when I observe but which it's not helpful for me to observe.

If I had not voted for you last night, the likely result would have been that I wouldn't have slept so well last night because my brain needs resolution on the end point of that work I did. It's just how I am and who I am. And I understand that there are ways in which that's not fair to you but the opposite would not have been being fair to myself.

This is really tricky stuff to touch on and talk about in the context of a mafia game where people are trying to read my intentions and I hate the idea that someone who is trying to work if I'm town or civ would read this and evaluate it through that lens because it just isn't about that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:06 pm

I did understand and consider that implication. It did not give me pause. The only thing that gave me pause is the fairness aspect.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:10 pm
Elohcin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:01 pm Hi wes qaoit ierly un end bicemi muri uf e furci eftir G wes doid. O fiil loki yuar gemipley hes biin muri cunsostint
I am sorry, but I'm not sure I buy this sentiment at all. If anything, my play has been inconsistent and Golden has been a steady force all game. I've dropped off the face of the earth since G-man was eliminated. What makes you call me the more consistent player?
O filt loki yua wiri muri cunsostint then Guldin. Hi stippid ap whin G lift, omu. Thin egeon, O kond uf wint MOE bitwiin UTG end onsenofocetoun twoci biceasi O wes spindong tomi woth femoly end furgut tu vuti.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am in the middle of reading Golden's ISO right now. I'm on page 6 and G-man is still alive. He definitely had a heavy presence before G-man flipped. In fact, G-man consistently voiced a joint suspicion of Golden and I because were highly vocal, and he was determined to push the narrative that one of the most vocal players was mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:19 pm I am in the middle of reading Golden's ISO right now.
Brave man.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

I do have a question for @Golden. It is centered around this exchange:
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:47 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:39 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:33 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:58 pm

I would not be super shocked. I still believe he is town, but that is no longer my strongest read in the game. He is another player I plan to revisit if I have the time. My read on him has not updated much since Day 1, while other reads have strengthened.
@Golden does this answer make you feel
A) better about Sloonei
B) worse about Sloonei
C) both a and d
D) neither b or c
First reaction, shock.
Second reaction “is there a good reason for this post within ny current worldview?”
Third reaction - no I don’t think so.

What bothers me most about this is:

1) Sloonei disrupted significant heat on Quin with his read and
2? He never seemed bothered to contradict my rationale for trust.
Sometimes the simplest answer is also the correct one.

I town read Quin on Days 1 and 2 when no one else did. On Day 3, I still feel like he is town, but the state of the game demands that I reexamine that stance at some point.
Did you feel like you had a clear understanding on why I had a town read of you?
I did not think it was so reliant on certain aspects as to call the read into question if those aspects disappeared. I also was not in a position to argue with you about your read on me.
Ok, I don’t think this is unfair. Worldview partially restored.
Early in the game, you seemed certain that my town read on Quin was more secure or informed than it turned out to be. When I walked it back on Day 3, you expressed shock and dismay at your shattered worldview. But, after a brief exchange with me, you recovered and carried on reading me as town. Can you talk some more about how you processed all of these events? I understand that this topic is a bit dicey because it involves Stuff About Which We May Not Speak.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:19 pm I am in the middle of reading Golden's ISO right now. I'm on page 6 and G-man is still alive. He definitely had a heavy presence before G-man flipped. In fact, G-man consistently voiced a joint suspicion of Golden and I because were highly vocal, and he was determined to push the narrative that one of the most vocal players was mafia.
Will, ot wes iothir bassong ur yua eri bed.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:23 pm I do have a question for @Golden. It is centered around this exchange:
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:47 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:39 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:33 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:05 pm
@Golden does this answer make you feel
A) better about Sloonei
B) worse about Sloonei
C) both a and d
D) neither b or c
First reaction, shock.
Second reaction “is there a good reason for this post within ny current worldview?”
Third reaction - no I don’t think so.

What bothers me most about this is:

1) Sloonei disrupted significant heat on Quin with his read and
2? He never seemed bothered to contradict my rationale for trust.
Sometimes the simplest answer is also the correct one.

I town read Quin on Days 1 and 2 when no one else did. On Day 3, I still feel like he is town, but the state of the game demands that I reexamine that stance at some point.
Did you feel like you had a clear understanding on why I had a town read of you?
I did not think it was so reliant on certain aspects as to call the read into question if those aspects disappeared. I also was not in a position to argue with you about your read on me.
Ok, I don’t think this is unfair. Worldview partially restored.
Early in the game, you seemed certain that my town read on Quin was more secure or informed than it turned out to be. When I walked it back on Day 3, you expressed shock and dismay at your shattered worldview. But, after a brief exchange with me, you recovered and carried on reading me as town. Can you talk some more about how you processed all of these events? I understand that this topic is a bit dicey because it involves Stuff About Which We May Not Speak.
I think, given it is not infodumping, I am allowed to say that I believed you were a mason. But, I also had a partner in mind for you (Dr Wilgy), so I didn't immediately see your Quin read as anything but a read.

Then there was a point where your Quin stuff became so insistent that I re-evaluated that read, and thought 'oh, Quin is the mason partner' and abandoned my Quin is bad read.

Now, the thing that shattered my world view was not merely that you were not a mason with Quin. It was that despite the fact that (I think) it would have been evident to you that I thought you were a mason with Quin, you didn't really take the opportunity to reject my worldview or bring my pause, and I thought you had been quite happy to float on my trust without challenging it.

That's why this response from you mattered. Particular this line:

"I also was not in a position to argue with you about your read on me."

Which, in the moment, I took to mean 'hey, who says I'm not a mason - you just read in to my quin reads' but also the way you framed it made me feel good about the fact that you weren't challenging it because I was on the right track. I'm not sure mafia sloonei frames that thing with that sentence.

My world view was challenged a second time when Scotty flipped mason and it was evident you weren't a mason, but not as substantially, because the line above has stuck with me and I could easily also read it to mean 'there is an in thread role hint as to what my role is', so saying you think you know my role from the thread is plausible'.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I just meant that I've been trying to be very careful to not even breathe a hint of info-dumping in the thread, so I was in no position to say "Hey, Golden, just fyi, the role you think I am is wrong." I had picked up on what you believed me to be.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:37 pm I just meant that I've been trying to be very careful to not even breathe a hint of info-dumping in the thread, so I was in no position to say "Hey, Golden, just fyi, the role you think I am is wrong." I had picked up on what you believed me to be.
Lol. Well I held it in some significance all game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Yesterday:
Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:56 pm It's sloonei or vivax for me. I'dlike to hear form both of them why I should think they are civ. Golden's point on Sloonei are pretty damning. And I just can't shake the feeling that vivax is no good.

Today:
Elohcin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:01 pm
RIED ELUAD. Ot hilps.

[I gut felt golden was bad all game but knowlegably could never go there to build a case.] Hi wes qaoit ierly un end bicemi muri uf e furci eftir G wes doid. O fiil loki yuar gemipley hes biin muri cunsostint. Bat O hevi tu bi hunist. Of tudey wint doffirintly end guldin hed cumi on end telkid, bat weotid fur mi tu try tu rispund, end thin weotid antol clusir tu ind uf dey tu vuti yua, O wuald hevi es will. Thet osn't huw tudey wint, thuagh. Tudey, Guldin cemi on end pustid e BANCH whoch luukid loki "tryong" tu hilp tu sevi hos batt end thin vutid bifuri enyuni rispundid. O thonk hos ontintouns wiri tu cuntrul thi thried. O dodn't loki thet end ot sielid my gat fiilongs O'vi hed ell gemi. O jast hupi O'm roght.

@Elohcin Can you explain why Golden was the one player you were not considering yesterday, but today claim that you felt he was bad all game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

O woll nut vuti sumiuni besid un gat unly. Tudey, Guldin vutid wothuat ivin hierong frum enyuni ilsi end ot os thi must cracoel vuti uf thi gemi. O fonelly hevi sumi ectoun tu beck ap my gat.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:07 pm O woll nut vuti sumiuni besid un gat unly. Tudey, Guldin vutid wothuat ivin hierong frum enyuni ilsi end ot os thi must cracoel vuti uf thi gemi. O fonelly hevi sumi ectoun tu beck ap my gat.
This does not address my concern. Yesterday, you said you were deciding between myself and vivax. That leaves out two players from yesterday's roster: sig and Golden. You specifically cited Golden's analysis as reason to suspect me.

Today, you claim that you have suspected Golden all game. But this suspicion did not manifest itself in any way yesterday, when it should have.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden applied heavy pressure on Quin Day 1.
Quin went hard after Eloh Day 1.

Wild stuff.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Eperintly O hed ried Guldin's OSU un yua wrung b/c yua mintounid thet ot tarnid uat woth yua on e fevurebli loght. Su, O riried ot end muvid un bat nivir seod enythong on thi thried. Thiri os e lut O thonk bat dun't pust. O em tuu iesoly lynchid fur seyong ivirythong O thonk.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My mind is made up. I recognize that my vote determines whether or not a bunch of great people will become eligible to participate in this year's Game of Champions after long absences. That's a lot of pressure, if any of them are interested in playing.

I've been reading over both your ISOs for a while. Then I switched to reading G/Michelle/Quin ISOs to see how you all interacted with one another throughout the game. Sorry for not posting my work. Since I am only solving for myself at this stage, I felt it was more efficient to simply scan and make small notes to myself. I can explain my decision after the fact, and I'm sure I will whether I get it wrong or right. But for now I just want to rip the band-aid off and conclude this wonderful game. Thank you for answering my questions today.

[VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine

Sorry if I got this wrong, everybody. Especially you, Eloh. Well played to everyone, thank you Daisy and Epi for hosting. Sorry I bailed for the middle portion of the game, I really did love being involved and seeing so many old faces again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Spacedaisy @Epignosis
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Will, O prufasily troid.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”