RondoDimBuckle (formerly Bea)
13%
Roxy
38%
S~V~S
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
The CIA (host/mods/dead/non-player option)
44%

Total votes: 16
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [DAY 2]

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:48 pm @Kate can you post the full screenshot of votes

also Dennis is my top town, do you think he could be scum, Kate?
I doubt it, I don't think a team would have let him do that. I think he panicked.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

@Golden You don't have pronouns on your profile, and I don't like misgendering people, so if you don't mind what pronouns do you use?
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Kate wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:55 pm
lucy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:48 pm @Kate can you post the full screenshot of votes

I doubt it, I don't think a team would have let him do that. I think he panicked.
let him do what?
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Why do you think, if I was on a team, my teammates would've stopped me? Other than the obvious "you're new". I guess, what do you think I would've done with a team?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:58 pm

let him do what?
Voted to push a civ over the edge.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Kate wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:59 pm

let him do what?
this has the underlying assumption that seanzie is mafia, what's your read on seanzie and degree of confidence
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by Golden »

Dennis wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:57 pm @Golden You don't have pronouns on your profile, and I don't like misgendering people, so if you don't mind what pronouns do you use?
He/him. Yes I need to add them, we sometimes used to use gender tags in the player list post.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

With two teammates this assumes they were around at eod. But I do think Dennis’s vote looks fairly good. Even without coaching, I doubt first time mafia wants that kind of attention.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My gut says the wilgy wagon is 100% clean
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If there is one it’s Lucy but my guess is zero.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:01 am

let him do what?
this has the underlying assumption that seanzie is mafia, what's your read on seanzie and degree of confidence
Well I thought he was mafia yesterday and his end of day behavior didn't help that at all.

My thoughts on Dennis don't assume Sean is bad. Him placing the last vote on any civ wasn't going to look good since we (the civs) do know for certain one way or the other and they (maf) do. If I were on dennis' mafia team I'd strongly counsel him not to be the deciding vote on anyone who was a civ. Plus his actions seem instinctive, not like they were well thought out with other players.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:07 am not like they were well thought out with other players
D:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:07 am

let him do what?
Well I thought he was mafia yesterday and his end of day behavior didn't help that at all.

My thoughts on Dennis don't assume Sean is bad. Him placing the last vote on any civ wasn't going to look good since we (the civs) do know for certain one way or the other and they (maf) do. If I were on dennis' mafia team I'd strongly counsel him not to be the deciding vote on anyone who was a civ. Plus his actions seem instinctive, not like they were well thought out with other players.
I don’t get it. In what world is mafia Sean threatening to unvote wilgy and elim himself just no ensure an elim if he’s bad.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:03 am

With two teammates this assumes they were around at eod. But I do think Dennis’s vote looks fairly good. Even without coaching, I doubt first time mafia wants that kind of attention.
Not necessarily, they would have discussed it earlier or at some point. And I agree he looks civ.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:12 am

let him do what?

I don’t get it. In what world is mafia Sean threatening to unvote wilgy and elim himself just no ensure an elim if he’s bad.
This is what I was thinking too, which may have thrown off my EoD vote. Why would a mafia be willing to kill himself? I see no actual baddie way to say that message unless it was the most bold bluff of his life.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Dennis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:16 am

let him do what?

This is what I was thinking too, which may have thrown off my EoD vote. Why would a mafia be willing to kill himself? I see no actual baddie way to say that message unless it was the most bold bluff of his life.
Woah okay so that was NOT the right button. I'll just copy the sentence here.

In what world is mafia Sean threatening to unvote wilgy and elim himself just no ensure an elim if he’s bad.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:12 am
Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:07 am not like they were well thought out with other players
D:
:hug: I'm just saying you seemed to make a spur of the moment decision under time pressure.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:14 am
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:03 am

Not necessarily, they would have discussed it earlier or at some point. And I agree he looks civ.
Perhaps, but there were only two marmot votes when I dipped 30 mins before eod and no other time during the day where this situation actually appeared even remotely likely to be where the day ended.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I don't like your logic because of he fact that he can make his own decision, and he doesn't need to be coached and he can independently act instinctively, though it would be hard for a first time mafia player to do so. I just disagree with the importance of being the last vote on a civilian and I dislike the fact that you're not considering worlds where seanzie is town and optically Dennis looks the exact same no matter where he votes. So I have not and will not clear him for such stuff as voting a town there

similarly there's a world where seanzie is scum and Dennis outted himself (very unlikely but possible), but I'm not really considering this whatsoever, just wanna say it because it's actually possible

I personally have coldread Dennis on multiple occasions and he's locktown for me, regardless of eod except in the aforementioned world
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorry, two wilgy votes.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

let him do what?

Threatening to do it and actually doing it are two VERY different things.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

lucy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:17 am I don't like your logic because of he fact that he can make his own decision, and he doesn't need to be coached and he can independently act instinctively, though it would be hard for a first time mafia player to do so. I just disagree with the importance of being the last vote on a civilian and I dislike the fact that you're not considering worlds where seanzie is town and optically Dennis looks the exact same no matter where he votes. So I have not and will not clear him for such stuff as voting a town there

similarly there's a world where seanzie is scum and Dennis outted himself (very unlikely but possible), but I'm not really considering this whatsoever, just wanna say it because it's actually possible

I personally have coldread Dennis on multiple occasions and he's locktown for me, regardless of eod except in the aforementioned world
I do think this is unlikely though after thinking about it, which makes Dennis/seanzie never w/w
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

lucy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:17 am I don't like your logic because of he fact that he can make his own decision, and he doesn't need to be coached and he can independently act instinctively, though it would be hard for a first time mafia player to do so. I just disagree with the importance of being the last vote on a civilian and I dislike the fact that you're not considering worlds where seanzie is town and optically Dennis looks the exact same no matter where he votes. So I have not and will not clear him for such stuff as voting a town there

What's a coldread?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

like I can read a few words or a single message and just *know* the alignment of someone, and I am never wrong in it, happens once per game for me and it happens very easily when I'm dealing with new players such as yourself which doesn't count towards my 1 wolf per day quota
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

per game*
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:18 am

let him do what?

Threatening to do it and actually doing it are two VERY different things.
I just can’t square away a Seanzie wolf read at all at this point. I think there isn’t a single aspect of his game that makes sense as wolf.

What about his unvote on sabi when it was 5-3? Like, that’s basically the same thing as what he threatened to do, and he actually did it.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I don't like the golden votes, would much rather kill an inactive or seanzie today, even though I don't really have a read on golden besides they're an active participant of this game
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 138
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

We don't have miselims to use on in actives.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Lucy usually doesn't push lhf...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

lucy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 am I don't like the golden votes, would much rather kill an inactive or seanzie today, even though I don't really have a read on golden besides they're an active participant of this game
Seanzies vote on me is fine, he thinks I’m trying to white night him.

Scotty’s vote is so manufactured that it’ll still be floating in the Pacific garbage island 2000 years from now.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:30 am Scotty’s vote is so manufactured that it’ll still be floating in the Pacific garbage island 2000 years from now.
agreed on scotty playing poorly, but I don't think that's wolf indicative
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, the meta that non-elims are bad for town on day zero is objectively bad imo.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:32 am Also, the meta that non-elims are bad for town on day zero is objectively bad imo.
You haven't played in years.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

lucy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:31 am
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:30 am Scotty’s vote is so manufactured that it’ll still be floating in the Pacific garbage island 2000 years from now.
Ouch!

This is a bit rough. Strikes me as wolfy for a few reasons, but if its actually town I think it’s more about confo bias from anniversary than anything.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I agree that he absolutely can and did, in fact, make his own decision.

You can't imagine a world where a mafia team might help a teammate who is 14 and a first time player? I'm not sure what you're saying here exactly.

I don't think he's mafia, we are agreeing.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 am
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:32 am Also, the meta that non-elims are bad for town on day zero is objectively bad imo.
This is also an objectively bad take on whether my take is objectively bad.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 am
Ouch!

This is a bit rough. Strikes me as wolfy for a few reasons, but if its actually town I think it’s more about confo bias from anniversary than anything.
can you elaborate on how you find scotty to be wolfy
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I think I've noticed a pattern--Older players would rather have a civ alive and no info, newer players would rather elim a civ and get the info. I've now successfully read all of you and expect praise. (I realize this is a surface level analysis, but I felt cool when I thought it and now I want to share.)
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I'm gonna sleep, I'm tired, cya guys tomorrow, the thread feels productive
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

What's that supposed to mean?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dennis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:37 am I think I've noticed a pattern--Older players would rather have a civ alive and no info, newer players would rather elim a civ and get the info. I've now successfully read all of you and expect praise. (I realize this is a surface level analysis, but I felt cool when I thought it and now I want to share.)
which side of the fence do you fall on?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:37 am I think I've noticed a pattern--Older players would rather have a civ alive and no info, newer players would rather elim a civ and get the info. I've now successfully read all of you and expect praise. (I realize this is a surface level analysis, but I felt cool when I thought it and now I want to share.)
I praise thee, stool pigeon.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

lucy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:35 am
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 am
Ouch!

can you elaborate on how you find scotty to be wolfy
He’s trying to find ways to compare my play this game to anniversary, but they don’t exist.

The idea that the marmot kill looks bad on me is bad for two reasons:

1) the first two kills in anniversary were on people who top town read me. And they were team choices, but they were chosen exactly because conclusions like the one Scotty just made would be wrong.
2) marmot wasn’t even that far out on me by eod.

But the marmot kill being a ploy to start a wagon on me? That vibes right.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:38 am
Good question. Dennis?

Plus it's not that we'd have NO info, we'd have less.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:38 am
He doesn't under meta has changed and calling it bad without realizing why the meta is this way seems weird. Like atleast you and svs have thoughts and tried to open your pov to it but he's shutting it down.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

To be fair, I haven’t been going to the gym
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I realllly miss linki.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

That's an excellent question. I'm still struggling with it myself, but I find myself wishing I hadn't killed Wilgy. Honestly, it's the guilt that gets me. That and we could've just lost a very high reputation civvie. So I think I'm with the older players, and THAT is probably because I was raised by one of the older players and somewhere in there I was taught 'killing people is bad'. So, I would probably have Wilgy alive still.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:40 am
To be fair, I haven’t been going to the gym
Yea your game seems way off ;) :haha:
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:40 am
Good question. Dennis?

Plus it's not that we'd have NO info, we'd have less.
See? Another similarity. We both complimented your question. Could be complete coincidence, but for now I'm willing to say Kate and I will play relatively similar.

Return to “Previous Heists”