33%

Total votes: 12
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Turnip Head »

What happens if we lynch a player whose property has houses/hotels on it? Do the houses go away?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

Boogs wrote:I mentioned the danger, and you guys cared less. Now, like I suggested, if one player lands they pay them a ton of cash which they have power to buy any card for bid and powers. Great job listening to my suggestion since "I am so insane with my ideas " in mafia.
You know exactly who owns those houses? Why are we even playing, then? You already won.

Even if you are right about that, and LC owns those specific properties, you think we would have been better off lynching LC, who you now seem to think is a color block owner, and NOT a baddie anymore, than the actual baddie we did lynch? :|
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWoP~ and you are not the only person, or even the first, to warn of this danger. Either we all agreed to not search (which would be like herding cats, getting all of us to agree on ANYTHING) or this would become an issue eventually. But we still have to get rid of the baddies even if teams ARE forming.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Also, I'm not on Epig's team. :shrug: Those aren't my houses, the reds ain't my colour group.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:my eye is definitely back on TH, and I haven't forgotten my early theory about him trusting Epig.
^^^This one in particular. For someone who once suspected Epi and now trusts him, why does he continue to push the coin on someone who did trust Epi? :ponder:
If you have to ask this, then you never truly understood why I suspected you and TH early on. Or you are being deliberately obtuse about it. ;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:EBWoP~ and you are not the only person, or even the first, to warn of this danger. Either we all agreed to not search (which would be like herding cats, getting all of us to agree on ANYTHING) or this would become an issue eventually. But we still have to get rid of the baddies even if teams ARE forming.
Sooo, since we pretty much agreed to search, and groups have formed and houses are cropping up, we should just let them have our money?

We are on a new day now, and we have multiple leads. Whichever direction people decide to go will be very telling.

Linki: So how do you justify your trust in him now, LC?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:We need a highly trained accountant to go through LC and Epi's books and see if they could even afford to purchase that many houses.

MovingPictures07.... I summon thee!!!!!
Yes, as an unhighly trained non-accountant I'm having a hard time seeing how Epi could purchase three houses, even if he has a high rent total. I haven't looked at LC yet.
It looks like there are two groups that have formed, so I guess Epi and LC could be in the house-less group, meaning there is another richer group somewhere.

Linki: I'll return the penny to hear your thoughts.
I wasn't suggesting that I was staying up because of this game (new idea for the next chapter in a book + bourbon), however, I will take back my cent.

First, I am not in BTSC with Long Con. He implied that he searched me Night 1, and I called him out on that. Maybe I do have big balls (you keep obsessing over that- trust me when I tell you that this makes driving a car very difficult :blush: ).

Second, I'm not destitute, but I've made poor choices. I'll say that much. Fortunately, I've been able to fix one of those somewhat.

I am most suspicious of Boogs. I believe I have shown his connection with birdwithteeth. My second suspect is Hedgeowl, for surviving (sorry Hedge- I'm not buying what you're selling because there's no product on the shelf to sell).

My third is one I won't announce at this time.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:EBWoP~ and you are not the only person, or even the first, to warn of this danger. Either we all agreed to not search (which would be like herding cats, getting all of us to agree on ANYTHING) or this would become an issue eventually. But we still have to get rid of the baddies even if teams ARE forming.
Sooo, since we pretty much agreed to search, and groups have formed and houses are cropping up, we should just let them have our money?
Just build some houses of your own, then you can be part of the cool club. :D Come on, guys, search MM, he's feeling left out!
We are on a new day now, and we have multiple leads. Whichever direction people decide to go will be very telling.

What makes you think I trust Epig?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:First, I am not in BTSC with Long Con. He implied that he searched me Night 1, and I called him out on that.
When did all this happen? I don't remember implying that, or being called out on it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:First, I am not in BTSC with Long Con. He implied that he searched me Night 1, and I called him out on that.
When did all this happen? I don't remember implying that, or being called out on it.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 313#p97313
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

How is that an implication that I searched you on Night 1?

Blooper said no one can be thought of as trustworthy that early in the game, and so I brought up the two people who expressed trust in you as a point of interest. Maybe you can explain from your point of view how that translates into "I searched Epig night 1", but I don't get your angle here.

You responded by saying even Railroads can't vouch for each other due to lack of BTSC, but again, how is that "calling me out for implying I searched you"?

What I read in those posts and what you are saying happened in them are not even remotely the same thing.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Noooo... I was replying to a specific post, the one I was EPWoP-ing to.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:How is that an implication that I searched you on Night 1?
Uh:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:RIP S~V~S. I would have probably checked you next, hope you weren't in my colour-group. :(

Boo, are people allowed to publicize who they checked at night? Like, could I say "Yo Epig, I checked you last night and we didn't sync up, too bad!", for example?
For example indeed!
;) :feb:
Long Con wrote:Blooper said no one can be thought of as trustworthy that early in the game, and so I brought up the two people who expressed trust in you as a point of interest. Maybe you can explain from your point of view how that translates into "I searched Epig night 1", but I don't get your angle here.

You responded by saying even Railroads can't vouch for each other due to lack of BTSC, but again, how is that "calling me out for implying I searched you"?

What I read in those posts and what you are saying happened in them are not even remotely the same thing.
"Calling you out" may be the wrong phrase. I don't mean that I found you suspicious for it. I mean that I "found you guilty of," if anything, dropping info by way of asking the host a question.

Does that make sense?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oops, ok, got it. I missed that post as the linked-to post, and went to the one below it.

I remember that now. Nothing much to say about that, I was replying in jest. :shrug:
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

thellama73 wrote:Fingersplints, you sly-boots. I'm going to use my rob to rob you.
$75 for the rob
If I stop biddng on it, will you rob someone else? Image
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:What's happened to MP?
And where's keys? He seems to have disappeared after the Day 1 union discussion. I miss him. :(
Is keys a she?
does he sound girly :srsnod:
Gro-oo-ovy
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:boo, when do the small random powers go out to players?

I bet I didn't get one...
They went out during the night or start of day.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 1]

Post by boo »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Or, there's this.
boo wrote:Night 1 Event: I have a list of 24 powers currently (there are some more that are locked up because I'm RNGing everything and don't want them to be able to get listed yet). You may PM a power description you think is one of the 24 that is not 1 of the three already confirmed (or protect/roleblock), and if you're right, you will get 1 extra vote you may send in during any lynch. If you submit one that is not on the list but I like enough to put onto the list, you get 2 any time votes.
And...he's been auctioning them off. Publicly. Lets clarify this point.

@boo~ Are these 24 powers just being given out behind the scenes, or are they the ones being auctioned?
They're the ones being auctioned.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

S~V~S wrote:@boo~ Was this a one use protection, or is it a nightly/daily power? It reads like a one time use to me, but better safe than sorry, because it really could be read either way I guess.
3rd) Protect (Can be used to protect a person of your choice at night if you pick during a day, and remove a person of your choice from being on the lynch poll if used at night) - $50 start
If it is a one time use, then I doubt TH would have used it at this point.
One time use.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Turnip Head wrote:It's also possible that BWT gave his auction win item to his partner, and THAT person has the Electric Company.

@boo: If you have the highest bid on a power, but you're lynched the same Day that the auction ends, do you still win the auction?
Yes.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

juliets wrote:boo: if you have found your partners can one of your partners build a house(s) on your property OR give you the money to build a house(s) on your property?
Only the person who has the property is allowed to build on it. Partners aren't allowed to just give other partners money (they are allowed to trade things between each other though).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, I've been crazy busy with PhD work (particularly GRA research). I haven't caught up at all since my last post, but just wanted to let you know I have a lot to do this weekend. I see the poll ends tonight so I'll try to catch up properly before then!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quiet in here today.

I might as well hit up Hedgeowl with a vote. I think there was some good momentum going with some other cases, but you can't ignore the glaring fact that the only possible way that Hedgeowl could have survived is that the Railroads just hit one of their own. Assuming she's not a Utility, which I don't think she is. :shrug: If she's just appealing to some secret that only she knows as the reason she survived, without being able to quote any rules or ask any host questions to clarify, then she's gotta be bad.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm actually around all day today!
I agree with all of this. It seems like she would be trying to defend herself a little harder if she was a civvie, but almost like she knows there isn't really a way she can do so, so has just given up. So I will vote her now as well.
Gro-oo-ovy
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DFaraday »

It is pretty suspicious that Hedge survived, and she's not doing much to make me think she's civvie (which seems unlikely anyway).

*Votes Hedge*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Hedgeowl »

Sorry everyone I am at a conference all day, but it looks like it doesn't matter anyway.

I was trying to say that I had found a friend aka a btsc partner and that's how I survived without outing anyone specifically.

With 3 railroads left and three days of searching I'd assume at least two of them have btsc. With possibly one left on their own, the odds of that being the one person targeted seem really low to me. I also helped vote Made out because of his obvious slip and was a b idder on his property until it was pointed out that could be dangerous for survival.

However, the way this game works out there is very little incentive for anyone to save a civ as many LMS groups are already forming or complete.

I won't be back till this evening.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

It's more unlikely that you would just happen to have a partner with a Protect, and they just happened to choose to use it on you on that night. There have been no Auto-Protects up for grabs, unless anyone can prove me wrong. :shrug:
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Wr are in Disney for Bf's birthday! Yay! So checking in while we wait in line.
I would love to vote TH after the argument Llama showed, however with me not having time to keep up today, I will vote Hedge for a chance on her card.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

$100 on the rob
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Boogs wrote:I would love to vote TH after the argument Llama showed, however with me not having time to keep up today, I will vote Hedge for a chance on her card.
Which part of llama's case on me did you like?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DP, I notice you are on-line. Can you give us your thoughts on any or all of the cases that have been put forth? Or do you have your own suspicion to share?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Long Con wrote:I took llama's comment to bea to mean "Bea gets points for posting 11 times in a row" whereas I think bea took it to mean "I'm pointing at bea, pointing out a flagrant undecuple-poster!" At least, I think that's what happened, looks like it was taken the wrong way?

I also believe I recall one of the rules in bidding is that you have to beat the last person's bid by what you bid, possible $200 bonus notwithstanding. So Turnip Head would have had to bid $11 in order to beat Lorab's $205.

Turnip Head may be bad, but I don't believe he won the auction for Electric Company and lied about it... so it's not really valid to suspect him for that. Llama's case feels solid and doesn't include the auction result - my eye is definitely back on TH, and I haven't forgotten my early theory about him trusting Epig.
Na - I realized what time of the am it was and that I needed some sleep. Lol - skipping the thread catch up and working on getting this phase caught up so I can make some sort of early vote decision. I'll be at work when the vote ends tonight. :( I have tomorrow off and outside of cooking dinner for the hubster and his friend for football day - I got nothing but mafia catchup going on. :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Points to bea for posting 11 times in a row.

$10 on rob.
what - I'm just trying to catsup as fast as I can - and this vote ends sat?? fuck's sake. :( I'll keep doing my best to keep reading
Not sure why you had to shut her down :(
I see that I was misunderstood. The word "points" in my post was meant to convey the concept of awarding points for an achievement. "You win! Point to you!"

I did not mean "indicating with the index finger in an accusatory manner."

I apologize for the miscommunication.
No worries on my end llama - I had worked an O/C that day and of course caught my second wind at 11 pm. Came home and was playing catsup and watching tv till I realized it was like 4 amish and I'd been up more than 20 hours straight so I went to bed. hehe.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Turnip Head wrote:No... lol

Mongoose got replaced. I think it was Bea.

Yup - :) I iz an exgoosey :D
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

ok - Imma mull on this while pizza making. I will get a break before lynch close to catch up on what happens but it'll still be an early vote. And quick from my phone. I'm not really sure where my vote should go. :(
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I will be voting hedge I think her surviving is really strange .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What is it with the Star Wars thing when you guys are bad? Come on, at least entertain me with some new material.

"Barking up the wrong tree" is starting to look fresh.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorry barely on today. Voted hedge. As has been said, reasons for surviving unlikely if not baddie.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by keys56000000000 »

Epignosis made a good case back there, I likes it. But seems the lynchtrain is headed in Hedgeowl's direction, WOO!! TOOT TOOT

I'm keen to lynch the owners of those houses, those non-civ jerks. What are the odds that one of them is Long Con? :haha:

$400 on the rob
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

keys56000000000 wrote:$400 on the rob
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Gro-oo-ovy
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

We're slow now which means we wont be.later. gonna vote.hedge.now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:Wr are in Disney for Bf's birthday! Yay! So checking in while we wait in line.
I would love to vote TH after the argument Llama showed, however with me not having time to keep up today, I will vote Hedge for a chance on her card.
Are you something to keep in mind on discussion for tomorrow? Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000 wrote:What are the odds that one of them is Long Con? :haha:
If you want to be right, try a different theory. :srsnod:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

$410 on rob

hedgeowls lunch is cute.
Almost to the end of the lynch. Why is it so quiet? Really surprised more people haven't shown up
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Voting Hedgeowl. It doesn't get any more obvious than this :p

$90 on the 5 votes
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

$200 on 5 votes
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by keys56000000000 »

$420 rob

$210 votes
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

$250 votes

$200 deflect

$450 rob
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”