people who enjoy food (host/deads/nons)
33%

Total votes: 12
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 5]

Post by Epignosis »

That's not my meaning- you corrected Boogs yesterday morning on this very subject. I mean, did you forget between now and then or what?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Epig has done an excellent job on his case with Boogs, I believe it. I also don't trust Epig, he throws around money like someone who has money to burn.
Thank you.

Regarding the repeated accusation of profligate spending, I don't throw around money. I use it. Like I think people vulnerable to be Night killed should do. I am aware of the most I could lose on a board with no hotels in the span of two turns. I miscalculated at one point, but I took action to correct that.
Why would you consider yourself vulnerable to NK's as opposed to other players? I think this speaks volumes of where you are in this game right now, and also where your team is. You say that like you have something to lose.
Eh?

I did not say I was more vulnerable to a Night kill than anyone else. That's reading something into my words that isn't there. I said "people vulnerable to be Night killed" (i.e., civilians). My thinking is that civilians should use their money to procure advantages in the early stages of the game. Many people don't agree with that, and I probably would have gotten lynched Day 1 if Made hadn't goofed.
I did not say 'more' vulnerable to a Night Kill; there was no comparative. But going along with your point, didn't you also say that you were spending money to make yourself less attractive for a Night Kill?

I still stand by my theory that you and LC are partners along with another unknown. It's common knowledge that you don't have enough money to be an owner of the red properties, and yes I am making some reasonable assumptions. There is also a single house on the baby blues. I can think of two scenarios for this.

1) The owners opted to go small this turn because there weren't many players passing through last turn, and to keep the attention on the reds with their 3 houses each.

2) They don't have the cash to buy more than the one house.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:That's not my meaning- you corrected Boogs yesterday morning on this very subject. I mean, did you forget between now and then or what?
Yes I did, and after I reread my own post I remembered.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Post by thellama73 »

Sorry Boogs, I am switching my vote to you because I want my two hundo for once.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I switched my vote to Long Con. Between him and Epi, I'd rather lynch the one who has more cash.

Linki: Well, that seems to be the inevitable choice of the day.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:Sorry Boogs, I am switching my vote to you because I want my two hundo for once.
Great.... good luck other color peeps! Sad i never got to find any of you. Kick some Turnip/Rob A$$ for this kitty Civs!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Sorry Boogs, I am switching my vote to you because I want my two hundo for once.
Great.... good luck other color peeps! Sad i never got to find any of you. Kick some Turnip/Rob A$$ for this kitty Civs!
There's four hours left.

The problem is you claim people are this role or that role. There's only one role checker left in the game, and I don't think it's Turnip Head.

I am surprised you haven't gunned for a low participator, which might have been a reasonable thing to do. Instead, you're operating under the assumption that TH missed his kill (whether accidentally or on purpose). The missed kill is the key reason I am cautious about voting for you.

During your time, however, you've chosen to fling kitty litter all over the place!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I hope boo doesn't mind me pimping Disney Cars. We only need five more. Simple, family-friendly game- roles could go out tonight!
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Epignosis wrote:
Boogs wrote:
There's four hours left.

The problem is you claim people are this role or that role. There's only one role checker left in the game, and I don't think it's Turnip Head.

I am surprised you haven't gunned for a low participator, which might have been a reasonable thing to do. Instead, you're operating under the assumption that TH missed his kill (whether accidentally or on purpose). The missed kill is the key reason I am cautious about voting for you.

During your time, however, you've chosen to fling kitty litter all over the place!
No one believes me and I don't have enough to votes to save myself. I'mnot going for a low poster and being anything but myself like I have the whole game. Going for a low poster is something a bad guy would do as an easy way out. I' m true in myself and feel you two are both bad. Without my color able to help me, I am now defenseless against 8 votes and it is sad people like Zeek and Lorab just go with me that haven't been as active and punish me by me leaving and playing hard solo. I just dont see how people will help me get enough on you or TH to stay in 4 hours when most stop just to vote me then go. It's frustrating.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

That's what makes me mad in big games. I get punished for participating and talking while others do nothing and get farther than me, especially when I am good in this game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Boogs wrote:
There's four hours left.

No one believes me and I don't have enough to votes to save myself. I'mnot going for a low poster and being anything but myself like I have the whole game. Going for a low poster is something a bad guy would do as an easy way out. I' m true in myself and feel you two are both bad. Without my color able to help me, I am now defenseless against 8 votes and it is sad people like Zeek and Lorab just go with me that haven't been as active and punish me by me leaving and playing hard solo. I just dont see how people will help me get enough on you or TH to stay in 4 hours when most stop just to vote me then go. It's frustrating.
It isn't what a bad guy would do. There's a legitimate reason for pursuing a person who hasn't been around. You were the first person to address it!

And I'm not voting for myself, sorry. :D
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Whatever. Hope you both go next and they actually see both your deception as the real baddies. Dont even care anymore. I get voted out by half non participators for actually playing.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Its a terrible idea to kill me, you're just handing over my RR card I won from the auction yesterday to Epignosos and his team to bid on when I die and giving them more power.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:Whatever. Hope you both go next and they actually see both your deception as the real baddies. Dont even care anymore. I get voted out by half non participators for actually playing.
Pardon me if I comment on the hypocrisy of this statement. I'm playing hard. TH is playing hard. You're playing hard. Yet you think it's a bad guy move to vote out low posters? Aren't you giving them an incentive to not engage?
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

I know I am sort of voting against my own self interest here but I honestly believe Boogs responses have been genuine and I rather vote for someone who I am almost certain is in a LMS group rather than someone who I only slightly believe might be bad (plus I don't like how people bandwagon onto someone for the 200 dollar bonus after just a few votes are in)
so I am gonna vote for Long Con. It won't make much difference but hey a man's gotta have a code (or something along those lines anyway)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

I have to agree that Boogs sounds pretty sincere, but he also sounded pretty sincere in another game I recently played with him, and he schooled me bigtime. So rather than going with appeal to emotion, or basing it on his ability to be an awesome emotional manipulator in the past, I am gonna go with the case and vote Boogs. He's all over the place and sounds kinda desperate.

I hope we are right about you.

And yeah, being voted out (and NKed) by low posters sucks. But it is the nature of the game. I have played maybe one or two games where there were almost no low posters, and that's about it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

Boogs wrote:Whatever. Hope you both go next and they actually see both your deception as the real baddies. Dont even care anymore. I get voted out by half non participators for actually playing.
I don't think most of the people who voted for you are non participators :/
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con 185
Turnip Head 153
thellama73 134
Boogs 132
Epignosis 129
Metalmarsh89 114
juliets 111
boo 77
fingersplints 63
S~V~S 58
Yeah, ^^ these are the top 10 posters.
MovingPictures07 (3), fingersplints (4), juliets (5), Long Con (6), zeek (7), LoRab (8), Black Rock (9), thellama73 (11), S~V~S (13)
These ^^ are the Boogs voters so far. I assume the low posters will come in and put the final nails in the coffin, but the high posters, for the most part, lynched you, Boogs.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I voted Boogs.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nobody once to talk about anything but Boogs today, huh.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP: wants :derp:

Well that's fine anyway. I've got other things to do.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

ugh. you guys. I think I'm getting sick. I've felt yuck all day - got home from work. Took a nap. and am ready to go right back to bed. :( Don't even want dinner. :(

Looks like boogs is going so I'll vote there for the cash bonus and because I doubt a vote anywhere else will do much good anyway.

Sorry I'm lame this game. :(

<~~~ worst replacer ever. :sigh:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

It's gonna be Boogs.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

HannaK wrote:I know I am sort of voting against my own self interest here but I honestly believe Boogs responses have been genuine and I rather vote for someone who I am almost certain is in a LMS group rather than someone who I only slightly believe might be bad (plus I don't like how people bandwagon onto someone for the 200 dollar bonus after just a few votes are in)
so I am gonna vote for Long Con. It won't make much difference but hey a man's gotta have a code (or something along those lines anyway)
Why do you say this vote is against your self interests?
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

The bidding ends soon, and it looks like some timeout issues are popping up still, so keep that in mind if you're planning on waiting until the last possible moment.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:ugh. you guys. I think I'm getting sick. I've felt yuck all day - got home from work. Took a nap. and am ready to go right back to bed. :( Don't even want dinner. :(

Looks like boogs is going so I'll vote there for the cash bonus and because I doubt a vote anywhere else will do much good anyway.

Sorry I'm lame this game. :(

<~~~ worst replacer ever. :sigh:
:consoling: No, that would be me in Fight Club mafia. I was modkilled twice.

I'm switching my vote to Boogs.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

$50 on spy, $60 on swapper, $60 on remove a die

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

$70 swapper
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

$80 on swapper

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Screw the voters on me

300on every power
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Lynch me so pay a lot to get the powers. Might as well use my money.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boogs wrote:Screw the voters on me

300on every power
Lol, this is a lot like monopoly with my family. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

300 on spy, swapper and dice
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

300on every power
Im a pissed kitty for wrongfully killed.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I believe the bidding is over Boogs :p
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

300on every power
Also a lot like when hedgeowl was lynched. :|
Gro-oo-ovy
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Day 5 End/Night 5 Start: NoU2

As Boogs and his U2 coverband NoU2 did a show, everyone else, hating U2 for forcefully giving them free music they couldn’t get rid of, decided to take it out by killing Boogs.

Boogs has been lynched. He was St James Place. Thanks for playing Boogs!
It is now Night 5. You have 24 hours to get PMs in.

St James Place and Pennsylvania Railroad are now both up for auction. The bidding for both starts at $1, and bids must increase from previous bids by at least $1. If you voted for Boogs, you get +200 to any bid you make. Bidding will end at 10pm EST.

To return to the replacement discussion:
I’ve decided not to kill off people who have requested one. While some teammates of these people are disadvantaged by that, I’m just not confident that they would be any better off if the situation were to change. I’m willing to have new people to replace in (please let me know if you’re interested), but because I do want to possibly see the res event occur, I’m not going to bring back players who get killed any more than I have. To respond to some questions about that: you won’t being coming back in the role you had, but having BTSC prior to death and returning is an issue I’ve also dealt with. As for the when of it, my original plan was around the halfway point in terms of number of people left with 2-3 people brought back. My new plan is probably when about 11-13 people are left alive, with 1 or 2 coming back. Although I’m split on whether or not it will happen, but that will get sorted out as we move further along.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 5]

Post by Turnip Head »

Damn. Sorry Boogs. :(
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Told you guys.
$100 on both properties
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Told you guys.
$100 on both properties
:evileye:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Turnip Head wrote:Damn. Sorry Boogs. :(
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fuck St. James Place. Roll a six to get out of jail? Fuck!
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Epignosis wrote:Fuck St. James Place. Roll a six to get out of jail? Fuck!
Do you kiss Elohcin with that mouth? :p Also, you owe me some kitty treats mister for being so harsh to this poor cat :'(
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Fuck St. James Place. Roll a six to get out of jail? Fuck!
Do you kiss Elohcin with that mouth? :p Also, you owe me some kitty treats mister for being so harsh to this poor cat :'(
No, I don't. She has halitosis.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

sorry Boogs :(
Gro-oo-ovy
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

So that wasn't a surprise, rip Boogs :(
Turnip Head wrote:
HannaK wrote:I know I am sort of voting against my own self interest here but I honestly believe Boogs responses have been genuine and I rather vote for someone who I am almost certain is in a LMS group rather than someone who I only slightly believe might be bad (plus I don't like how people bandwagon onto someone for the 200 dollar bonus after just a few votes are in)
Why do you say this vote is against your self interests?
Well, as literally the only one not voting for Boogs I don't have the 200 dollar bonus when bidding on the property right, making bidding on it for me rather useless.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

RIP Boogs. Someday I will learn your civ game and recognize not to vote for you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Can we please lynch TH tomorrow? Since Rob was wrong, I must have been right. YOu can't argue with that logic!

Return to “Previous Jobs”