Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Tangrowth »

fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not trying to discredit your opinion; I just know you're wrong. It seems you suspect me because my playstyle this game is different because I'm really busy and distracted and posting less. Sure, all of that is true. But it doesn't mean I'm less interested in finding baddies just because I'm not manically throwing names out all over the thread. I did that enough in DW and I just don't feel as invested this game (not boo's fault, it's really entirely due to my schedule). And for when I am a baddie, what you said is just not true. If anything, I throw out more opinions when I'm bad. And regarding the "probably much more than many", I just find it odd you single me out for that when there are plenty of other players who have contributed to the same or lesser degree than me.

Epig is always very opinionated when he even slightly thinks I am bad, and in 5 whole cycles he never said anything against me. I haven't killed anyone.
You have offered less to say something about though. So maybe Epig just didn't get a chance to say it, or was busy finding the other baddies that he was lynching. It's really hard to say here, but as I said, I can see you having reason to kill both of them.

Being distracted and posing less doesn't make you good either. Why do you think you should get a free pass based on it?
I could see almost anyone having reason to kill Epig and S~V~S; they're both frightening. Epig was doing a ton of baddie hunting and had some success. Any player as an RR would IMO see him as a threat over most everyone else.

I never once said I should be given a free pass, nor did I say either of those things make me good. Why are you twisting my words?

My role makes me good. But just because I haven't been manically posting all the freaking time it doesn't make me bad. I resent that accusation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't know where this sudden push from you is coming from, but you're wrong about me. I am not bad and if anyone wants to find an RR they should look elsewhere.

I still think TH made a good point about LoRab being an RR and she's been playing a pretty low key game. But this gets into my question about LC's theory: If Hanna or Bea were an RR teammate of LoRab, does anyone think that's how they would handle that situation?

My eyes are on LoRab and Hanna as possible RRs at the moment, but with Reds, Light Blues, Greens, and Yellows all being LMS, it seems a significant majority of the players living right now would more likely be out for an "anyone but them" lynch today.

I also think keys might need examining, since he refuses to come and play the game with us, and I find his D1 agenda benefiting an RR.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

I'm not twisting your words. You are the one throwing the "I'm so busy" card out there and how you posting less doesn't make you bad. All I am saying is it doesn't make you good either.

I do not know your role, and I do not believe it is a civvie one. I am allowed to suspect you. I am not sure why that would make you resentful.

linki. You asked me a question, and I responded. And then it went back and forth from there. No where did I "push" anything.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

fingersplints wrote:I'm not twisting your words. You are the one throwing the "I'm so busy" card out there and how you posting less doesn't make you bad. All I am saying is it doesn't make you good either.

I do not know your role, and I do not believe it is a civvie one. I am allowed to suspect you. I am not sure why that would make you resentful.

linki. You asked me a question, and I responded. And then it went back and forth from there. No where did I "push" anything.
Well, that's fair, and of course you are allowed to suspect me, but you're wrong, and I don't want to be lynched.

I just don't like the "posting less" argument against me because I've wanted to play this game to my fullest ability but I've been insanely busy, and I always feel I get held to a higher standard of baddie hunting and posting than some other players do, just because often times I get obsessive with games and post a lot. My posting volume has practically nothing to do with my alignment, ever.

Who else do you suspect? And I presume you find merit in LC's case since you've expressed feelings regarding TH being bad previously?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

However, I do agree with you that keys deserves reexamining. I stand by my "keys might be WW" idea. He has missed kills before when I have hosted him, and I think he voted with bwt. And again, there is no reason for him to have tried to outbid me on that rob. I think if he was a civvie he would have let me have it.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I think LC has good points but I think TH is more likely to be a railroad.
I do not believe he would waste a kill purposefully, and I do not think he would go against bwt that early if he was his teammate. I have been teammates with TH twice fairly recently, and he is a very team oriented player.
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

fingersplints wrote:However, I do agree with you that keys deserves reexamining. I stand by my "keys might be WW" idea. He has missed kills before when I have hosted him, and I think he voted with bwt. And again, there is no reason for him to have tried to outbid me on that rob. I think if he was a civvie he would have let me have it.
Keys didn't vote for BWT. He voted for LC about halfway through Day 3. Epi brought up his case on BWT a little while after that, but Keys did not post again during that lynch.

Then on Day 4, keys posted once ontopic to vote for Hedgeowl, and then rest of his posts that day were trying to outbid splints for the rob power, which he lost.

Night 4 was the night of the missing Water Works kill.

Keys did not post at all from Day 4 up until his one post yesterday (Day 6) where he voted for me.

On Night 6, Water Works killed again.
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 6]

Post by HannaK »

MovingPictures07 wrote:RIP zeek. That's a bummer.

So it seems Llama had LMS conditions after all, even if newly acquired.... I still think that negates my LC/Llama connection though.

There have been good points on the LC/TH front. I find LC's case much more convincing potentially than Llama's. However... I am having trouble discerning one of two possibilities:

1) LC is dead on; TH is WW and LoRab is railroad.
2) LC is incorrect.

I think my gut still leans towards #2, with TH being a civvie since he seems genuine.

That said, I find it really odd Hanna and Bea come in here and say what they have. If #1 was the case, would either of them be so bold as to assert such a thing? It just seems weird to me given both of them have been very nonopinionated all game. Thoughts here?
I guess because I don't really feel that this is an opinion, it's just good logical reasoning that I hadn't thought of myself, which is why I like expressing that I like this line of thinking. Im generally not very good at coming up with my own suspicions based on completely new information, especially in this game because i havent played with you all before which is also why:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And multiple players keep throwing out how badly they want to catch Reds, but I don't see much baddie hunting from most players considering it's Day 7. I know I haven't been amazing myself, but I feel more people should have opinions of others by now. Hanna, for example, keeps stressing all of this, but never throws out any suspects of her own. It's starting to ping me big time.
Yeah it is true that I dont have many solid suspicions, this is because a) statistically there are wayyy more civvies/LMS groups than baddies at this point so I am careful pointing to people as bad b) because I am generally quite weary with my suspicions because they are often either based on logical reasoning (which is hard) or game style (of which I don't have much information apart from the style of players within this game
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:
fingersplints wrote:However, I do agree with you that keys deserves reexamining. I stand by my "keys might be WW" idea. He has missed kills before when I have hosted him, and I think he voted with bwt. And again, there is no reason for him to have tried to outbid me on that rob. I think if he was a civvie he would have let me have it.
Keys didn't vote for BWT. He voted for LC about halfway through Day 3. Epi brought up his case on BWT a little while after that, but Keys did not post again during that lynch.

Then on Day 4, keys posted once ontopic to vote for Hedgeowl, and then rest of his posts that day were trying to outbid splints for the rob power, which he lost.

Night 4 was the night of the missing Water Works kill.

Keys did not post at all from Day 4 up until his one post yesterday (Day 6) where he voted for me.

On Night 6, Water Works killed again.
Is this supposed to argue for or against the idea? :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm just pointing out the facts. It looks like Keys was not around for the missed kill, and returned just before last night's kill.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 6]

Post by bea »

So it seems Llama had LMS conditions after all, even if newly acquired.... I still think that negates my LC/Llama connection though.

There have been good points on the LC/TH front. I find LC's case much more convincing potentially than Llama's. However... I am having trouble discerning one of two possibilities:

2) LC is incorrect.

I think my gut still leans towards #2, with TH being a civvie since he seems genuine.

That said, I find it really odd Hanna and Bea come in here and say what they have. If #1 was the case, would either of them be so bold as to assert such a thing? It just seems weird to me given both of them have been very nonopinionated all game. Thoughts here?
LC missed the obvious in his case. I know it's hard to believe, but occasionally it can happen.

I can't comment lots about moneies being spent - tbh I'm not even sure how much money I have at this point and at least once a day I have to look to see what color group I'm in. But I've been reading since I've replaced in (even if I haven't back read enough) - and yea - obvious flaw in theory is obvious.

It's hard to ignore TH's rebutal. If I were the role checker and I held a kill, I would have killed the railroad rather than go after them in the thread. I would have kept the idea that I was the role checker secret. I suck at being bad and I know that much. TH is way more suave than I am at being baddie. I have a hard time following that bit of logic in LC's case.

Active or not - flawed logic is flawed. :shrug:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Dom »

:)
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

hi domodom! what say you sir? :)

I'm late in the game so I'd like to hear what you think about everything outside of your normal lacky comments. ;) fill a sista up please :D
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not trying to discredit your opinion; I just know you're wrong. It seems you suspect me because my playstyle this game is different because I'm really busy and distracted and posting less. Sure, all of that is true. But it doesn't mean I'm less interested in finding baddies just because I'm not manically throwing names out all over the thread. I did that enough in DW and I just don't feel as invested this game (not boo's fault, it's really entirely due to my schedule). And for when I am a baddie, what you said is just not true. If anything, I throw out more opinions when I'm bad. And regarding the "probably much more than many", I just find it odd you single me out for that when there are plenty of other players who have contributed to the same or lesser degree than me.

Epig is always very opinionated when he even slightly thinks I am bad, and in 5 whole cycles he never said anything against me. I haven't killed anyone.
so again you are suspicious of me for being busy and less involved but expecting everyone else to understand you are busy?

Really - I'm not at all saying I suspect you -but this is now two games running. Can we at least get to the same place where we're both not what we expect each other to be at because RL sucks? I don't get why you ask for the pass while you don't give it to anyone else.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know where this sudden push from you is coming from, but you're wrong about me. I am not bad and if anyone wants to find an RR they should look elsewhere.

I still think TH made a good point about LoRab being an RR and she's been playing a pretty low key game. But this gets into my question about LC's theory: If Hanna or Bea were an RR teammate of LoRab, does anyone think that's how they would handle that situation?

My eyes are on LoRab and Hanna as possible RRs at the moment, but with Reds, Light Blues, Greens, and Yellows all being LMS, it seems a significant majority of the players living right now would more likely be out for an "anyone but them" lynch today.

I also think keys might need examining, since he refuses to come and play the game with us, and I find his D1 agenda benefiting an RR.
I'm flat out not a railroad. I don't know where hanna and Lorab lie but I flat out saw the flawed logic in LC's case. Hanna saw it too. So I agreed with her.

Keys might need reexamining. I'm all ? mark there with him. I have more reading to do. And am prolly no where near sober enough to do. two birds one stone fails in this game. I'm sorry
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I'm not twisting your words. You are the one throwing the "I'm so busy" card out there and how you posting less doesn't make you bad. All I am saying is it doesn't make you good either.

Well, that's fair, and of course you are allowed to suspect me, but you're wrong, and I don't want to be lynched.

I just don't like the "posting less" argument against me because I've wanted to play this game to my fullest ability but I've been insanely busy, and I always feel I get held to a higher standard of baddie hunting and posting than some other players do, just because often times I get obsessive with games and post a lot. My posting volume has practically nothing to do with my alignment, ever.

Who else do you suspect? And I presume you find merit in LC's case since you've expressed feelings regarding TH being bad previously?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

bea wrote:hi domodom! what say you sir? :)

I'm late in the game so I'd like to hear what you think about everything outside of your normal lacky comments. ;) fill a sista up please :D
I do believe Dom is modding. Hahaha.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

bea wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

dito that underlined part brother. Why should I give you the busy pass when you seem to suspect me across two boards for the exact same circumstance?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Turnip Head wrote:

lol - ok - then I guess I can't expect him to give his opinions :D

*facepalm*

do we have a facepalm smiley? we need one - if only because I'm a member of this forum. :p
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:

Maybe he is secretly playing and is just another low poster. :)
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

My family did Thanksgivi9ng today since we're all gonna be in different places on actual Thanksgiving. So just got in, skimmed a bit, and yeah. I agree that the obvious flaw with the notion that baddies with info would build cases on the other baddies is that the baddies can't really NK each other (or they can't until the railroads all gain BTS; Reading just charged someone $50 so the two remaining rails could have BTS or Reading could have obtained another rail card) so if I were the utilities, I would NK people I knew to be rails and not bother with a case. Then they would basically be outed as baddies in the thread. And if the rails HAD all gained BTS, then the rail would die, and the Util would gain their card so it is still a less risky proposition than case building. The fact that zeek was killed last night, and the Utils had his role, makes me think he might have been a rail (which, if this were true, would mean they did gain BTS). Or maybe the utils had a card of the same group zeek was in, like if zeek was Park Place, maybe they had Boardwalk. I presume they could then build on it if they owned both. Or like someone else said, maybe he was a Red, and they wanted to break it up the set.

In any case, TH is a smart guy, and there are tons of ways to use that info role that are more subtle than case building in a game where the only info role is a baddie.

And MP, you win the prize this game for instances of saying "baddie hunting" and instances of accusing people for lack thereof. The problem with that in this game is that the LMS started out as civvies, and we don't even KNOW if someone is a LMS person at all. Llama is a case in point. He said he was not a baddie, and he apparently was NOT until right before we lynched him, lol. Personally, I think you, LC & TH ALL have teammates. So if you are not LMS already, you soon enough will be. Plus most of the actual baddies, 4 out of 6, started out without BTS, and looking for team association is a major "baddie hunting" tool.

Baddie hunting even became a scary point when boo said the kill would pass, but would not say how. So finding that last Utility, who may leave a trail, would be way easier thana kill that is essentially a needle in a haystack of people who used to be civvies. That was a point the "no searchers" were 100% right about on Day Zero~ at some point we will have to assume we are all, or mostly, LMS.

I am right around the corner from the Reds, the Yellows (no houses...yet, but charging monopoly rents) and the Greens. I can stand one hotel and maybe a house or two with the windfall I got last night, but not much more. We're gonna lost ALOT of people starting tomorrow, especially if the Yellows build.

Also, I had a question for the host~ @boo~ are we allowed to talk about prizes at all?

Linki~ as Dom would say, "wot"

no question mark, just "wot"
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Yes.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wow that was fast, lol.

On night 3 I won $100 for being one of 7 people to roll 7; I presume that the other 6 also won prizes; DP was not one of them iirc. But discussing windfalls might be something we want to think about if we start using hotel survival as a litmus test of big $$.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Maybe he is secretly playing and is just another low poster. :)

DAMN YOU DOM!!!!! *SHAKES FIST*
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm just pointing out the facts. It looks like Keys was not around for the missed kill, and returned just before last night's kill.

Good point, does anyone else fit that description?
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:Wow that was fast, lol.

On night 3 I won $100 for being one of 7 people to roll 7; I presume that the other 6 also won prizes; DP was not one of them iirc. But discussing windfalls might be something we want to think about if we start using hotel survival as a litmus test of big $$.
I won a similar prize on the 7's night. I'm not even joking. IDK what it was or what my cash count is at this moment.

It was prolly 1oo. I'm srrsly that out of it this game. I'm such fail its not even funnyl :(
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

bea wrote:

I won a similar prize on the 7's night. I'm not even joking. IDK what it was or what my cash count is at this moment.

It was prolly 1oo. I'm srrsly that out of it this game. I'm such fail its not even funnyl :(

Boo will update you and tell you anything you have won. It's be good to get your bearings and into the game.
ImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by keys56000000000 »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm just pointing out the facts. It looks like Keys was not around for the missed kill, and returned just before last night's kill.
a) I'm around.

b) I would never miss an opportunity to nightkill one of you motherfuckers.

@MP: how the fuck does my d1 union agenda benefit the rail roads? fucking lol. later.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000 wrote:
a) I'm around.

@MP: how the fuck does my d1 union agenda benefit the rail roads? fucking lol. later.
I would vote for this guy if he were running for President of Mafia. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

bea wrote:

Not even joking, I also won $100 from the Seven contest. There were three $100 prizes in the seven, right?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

keys56000000000 wrote:
a) I'm around.

You have missed a NK before though. When I hosted that Christmas themed game with Shiny a few years back on thepiano, you missed sending in your NK as the Snow Miser one night. :) Unfortunately I can't prove it since that site is no longer. :rip:
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Splints, thanks for your thoughts, you have some good insight. Definitely worth keeping in mind. Do you think keys would contribute more if he were civ or no?

keys, I know it's a pros/cons thing regarding your D1 agenda, but there are certainly benefits for an RR to argue against civvies searching each other (don't have to worry about getting knocked out due to hotels, no BTSC to worry about, etc.). The fact that you aren't contributing is really what's grabbing my attention more so than that, to be honest.

bea, thanks for explaining. To be fair, I'm not actively suspecting you that much, I only wondered -- if LC's theory is true, meaning TH is WW and LoRab is a railroad, whether you, as LoRab's possible teammate, would react the way you have. Plus, I was hoping to see more from you re: suspicions by now. I totally get RL though. I understand. But you're misrepresenting me. I don't expect to get a pass from anyone on that. Nor should you. And I'm not saying everyone should not suspect me because I'm busy. Not at all. I just am saying just because I'm posting less than I other times have doesn't make me bad on its own, and that posting volume means nothing. I am still contributing to this game as much as I possibly can, even if my posting frequency has been less. I'd like to feel you (and others) are doing the same, but it's Day 7 and I just feel there's been little hunting going on (see my response to S~V~S for more on this though).

LC, what do you think of the rebuttal that has been made by TH regarding his behavior? Do you still feel as strongly in your assessment?

HannaK wrote:

2) LC is incorrect.

I guess because I don't really feel that this is an opinion, it's just good logical reasoning that I hadn't thought of myself, which is why I like expressing that I like this line of thinking. Im generally not very good at coming up with my own suspicions based on completely new information, especially in this game because i havent played with you all before which is also why:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And multiple players keep throwing out how badly they want to catch Reds, but I don't see much baddie hunting from most players considering it's Day 7. I know I haven't been amazing myself, but I feel more people should have opinions of others by now. Hanna, for example, keeps stressing all of this, but never throws out any suspects of her own. It's starting to ping me big time.
Yeah it is true that I dont have many solid suspicions, this is because a) statistically there are wayyy more civvies/LMS groups than baddies at this point so I am careful pointing to people as bad b) because I am generally quite weary with my suspicions because they are often either based on logical reasoning (which is hard) or game style (of which I don't have much information apart from the style of players within this game
Thanks, I understand that. It's definitely an unconventional game as well, and I know you're new. But why would you be "careful" pointing to people as bad? I don't understand that. Are you afraid of ruffling feathers?

S~V~S wrote:And MP, you win the prize this game for instances of saying "baddie hunting" and instances of accusing people for lack thereof. The problem with that in this game is that the LMS started out as civvies, and we don't even KNOW if someone is a LMS person at all. Llama is a case in point. He said he was not a baddie, and he apparently was NOT until right before we lynched him, lol. Personally, I think you, LC & TH ALL have teammates. So if you are not LMS already, you soon enough will be. Plus most of the actual baddies, 4 out of 6, started out without BTS, and looking for team association is a major "baddie hunting" tool.

Baddie hunting even became a scary point when boo said the kill would pass, but would not say how. So finding that last Utility, who may leave a trail, would be way easier thana kill that is essentially a needle in a haystack of people who used to be civvies. That was a point the "no searchers" were 100% right about on Day Zero~ at some point we will have to assume we are all, or mostly, LMS.

I am right around the corner from the Reds, the Yellows (no houses...yet, but charging monopoly rents) and the Greens. I can stand one hotel and maybe a house or two with the windfall I got last night, but not much more. We're gonna lost ALOT of people starting tomorrow, especially if the Yellows build.
Well, thanks, LOL, but I get your point. It's funny because I didn't think the game mechanics here would be hard to wrap my head around, and they haven't, but I didn't expect the mechanics to cause so much of a difference in typical mafia gameplay. Especially now with 4 LMS groups... I didn't expect that to happen either. And you make a good point on team association. Even though we've caught Hedge, I feel totally lost when it comes to finding another RR in terms of association. Doesn't help that she didn't post much.

How do you propose lynches be utilized then, out of curiosity?

Black Rock wrote:

Good point, does anyone else fit that description?
I'd like to know the answer to this too. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head, but I am sleepy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

BR, did you ever elaborate re: Bass? I can't recall, but I might have missed it.

And LC, another question: You suspected MM heavily earlier in the game. What happened to that suspicion?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
bea wrote:

Not even joking, I also won $100 from the Seven contest. There were three $100 prizes in the seven, right?
I had the impression that all 7 got something. Neither the word nor the numeral 3 was mentioned, just that I was one of 7 who received a prize. So if there was this prize, do you think it likely there may have been others? I know when it started being questioned in detail about how much money the people who landed on the Reds may have had and how they may have gotten it, I thought of prizes.Having won a secret prize myself and all.

And @MP~ I think we should run the lynches as we have been; so far we are doing OK. We have lynched several baddies, half of them (Made was a rail too, not just Hedge), and a newly fledged monopolist. I doubt FZ was a monopolist when she was lynched, but her team apparently has her card now. And Boogs was still a civ, as well, I would think~ someone landed on a property in his color set night 5, and paid non-monopoly rent. I would prefer to aim for a baddie, but if we get a monopolist, that's OK, too.

Plus I think, with all the development going on, people who haven't been lucky, or wise investors, or both, are gonna start dropping like flies from bankruptcy.

I think I am going to see in the AM if anyone made subtle "doubt" moves towards both Hedge & Made. Although that may be pointless since the person who put the target on Hedgeowl by attempting to kill her was also a Rail.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Splints, thanks for your thoughts, you have some good insight. Definitely worth keeping in mind. Do you think keys would contribute more if he were civ or no?
keys contributes as much as he wants, when he wants. There is little rhyme or reason to it.
He is not lying, he has certainly been around his computer. But he hasn't been around the game. He had this same disinterested play when he missed that NK years ago in that Christmas game I mentioned. I'm not saying he is definitely WW, but I definitely think it is worth considering at this point.

Since you would like to contemplate other disinterested, could be missing the kill but are still clearly around players. DP has been on irc every night, but has not posted. Not sure what to make about that. Is he even still playing :shrug:
Maybe BR was getting at Bass with her comment? I'd like to revisit him too and his activity around the time of the missed NK, because he is another blendy player that comes to mind atm.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Maybe I am wrong though and keys was found and is part of a civvie set/LMS group though, which could explain his disinterest since he was clearly against the searching. That could explain how he magically appeared tonight when he was discussed.
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The TH rebuttal... I have to admit that I find myself resisting it.

He had a kill night 2, and chose to kill Black Rock 1.0... and when we looked back on all of BR's posts, the only thing that stood out was that she had spoken up against TH. I would believe that they wouldn't feel a pressing need to waste a 'fail-kill' on Lorab, to get her insta-lynched. This was before Hedgeowl got that treatment, and it's not illogical to think that they might not have gone with that plan on their very first kill. They had Lorab in their back pocket at that point, maybe they wanted to "go for cred" by lynching her.

He was around Night 4, and so he didn't likely MISS the kill. He may have chosen not to kill in order to implicate low posters, or the roleblock may have been used on him. Both do seem unlikely.

By Night 6, he had already accused her in the thread... and killing zeek could have been a power play for gaining a hotel, so no time to waste on fail-killing Lorab.

So there was not, like a super-huge number of opportunities to reveal Lorab as an RR. There, of course, are many factors that go into choosing to purposefully do a fail-kill on someone. In this game, It would mean giving up the opportunity to gain property and power. The choice between lynching her and fail-killing her isn't an easy one to make, but the ideal way to do things, the way that gets the most benefit, is to lynch Lorab on a case they put together armed with the knowledge she's a Railroad, and use the nightkills to gain power.

I can't make a convincing case as to why TH would miss the NK on Night 4, and the case that keys missed it accidentally is much more convincing on that front alone.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:
bea wrote:

I had the impression that all 7 got something. Neither the word nor the numeral 3 was mentioned, just that I was one of 7 who received a prize. So if there was this prize, do you think it likely there may have been others? I know when it started being questioned in detail about how much money the people who landed on the Reds may have had and how they may have gotten it, I thought of prizes.Having won a secret prize myself and all.
I can't find boo's post telling about the Seven prize. How did it work? :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, I found it:
Result: 7 or more players rolled a 7 gives 7 random players (3 guaranteed from being in the pool of people who rolled 7) small random powers.
1 = 1 any time vote
2 = Protect that night
3 = Get a double search
4= Get a roleblock to use following night
5 = Get an extra dice to use following night (on anyone)
6 = Get $100.
7 = Get 2 of the other 6 powers.
So, three of us got $100... it's weird.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: He had a kill night 2, and chose to kill Black Rock 1.0... and when we looked back on all of BR's posts, the only thing that stood out was that she had spoken up against TH.
But do you remember who it was did that "looking back on BR's posts" thing after she died? It was... wait for it... the BIrdwithteeth himself. It looks like he specifically NKed BR to try and implicate me.

And I'll say this... when I'm bad, I don't kill my accusers. Call it WIFOM but it's just not my MO. I'm of the belief that doing so brings more attention than it alleviates. Especially since BR's suspicion of me wasn't even very strong.
Long Con wrote:He was around Night 4, and so he didn't likely MISS the kill. He may have chosen not to kill in order to implicate low posters, or the roleblock may have been used on him. Both do seem unlikely.
I did mention that the missing kill was probably linked to an inactive player, but I also specifically advocated against lynching any of those players. On the same day that I was a major lynch candidate, I said we shouldn't lynch a low poster. I'd like the conspiracy theorists to explain that wrinkle.
Long Con wrote:So there was not, like a super-huge number of opportunities to reveal Lorab as an RR.
Except there would have been a PERFECT opportunity for me to kill Lorab... on Night 4! Hedgeowl had JUST been lynched under the pretense that only baddies can survive NKs without purchasing protection powers. If I NKed Lorab N4 and she survived, I wouldn't even have to do anything else, that lynch train would have run all by itself.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I am not a railroad. Or a utility for that matter.

Interesting points about Keys. Need to consider that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:Ok, I found it:
Result: 7 or more players rolled a 7 gives 7 random players (3 guaranteed from being in the pool of people who rolled 7) small random powers.
1 = 1 any time vote
2 = Protect that night
3 = Get a double search
4= Get a roleblock to use following night
5 = Get an extra dice to use following night (on anyone)
6 = Get $100.
7 = Get 2 of the other 6 powers.
So, three of us got $100... it's weird.
I did not see that since it was not in the thread. I don't read the data paste unless I am looking for something specific. So at least 3 of us got a prize, and all three of us got cash?

I guess I need to be reading it. Did anything similar happen any other night? Someone !mentioned random powers before, I thought I must have missed the host post :derp:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I rolled a 7 that night and did not get a prize.
Gro-oo-ovy
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I have a million things to do today to pack and get ready to leave tomorrow morning for my parents for Thanksgiving. That means I will be checking in and out of the thread today but will be totally unavailable tomorrow because of the long drive. i just wanted to make everyone aware of my situation.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TH and Lorab. One of you won Electric Company in the bid, and lied about it. I don't know why you would lie about it, because at this point it exonerates you from being Water Works, because we haven't seen the 10x Utility rate for players landing on Utilities. Not to mention it was put up for auction. Boogs didn't have it.

What's the deal there? Someone should 'fess up, you won't get in trouble for lying. :shrug:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Doesn't that mess up your theory about TH being WW
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:Doesn't that mess up your theory about TH being WW
If TH won Electric Company, then I would believe he's not Water Works.
keys56000000000
The Mark

fingersplints wrote:Maybe I am wrong though and keys was found and is part of a civvie set/LMS group though, which could explain his disinterest since he was clearly against the searching. That could explain how he magically appeared tonight when he was discussed.
There are no civ sets. You form a set, you aren't a civ. This game is a free-for-all. Nobody wants to be civilian. Why post at all? Whom am I addressing with posts? The non-existent civs? The LMS groups that are playing against me? The mafia? The is no reason for me to post.

I'm not going to explain again why I was against the searching, I feel like I'm playing with children. Honestly, I don't want to play anymore.

HOST: I'm out. Not your fault, you've put together a good game, this site just isn't for me.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for the elaboration, LC.

Frankly, evidence points towards keys being possible baddie; if not, his behavior indicates that he is obviously upset. Could be that he became LMS and didn't want to (since he clearly didn't).

Not everyone is LMS either.

Anyway, his continued failure to contribute and getting defensive any time someone tries to get him to play, as well as the evidence against him possibly being WW that he isn't addressing is enough for me. And now apparently he doesn't want to play anymore, and the host has enough of a dilemma on his hands already with inactive participants, so...

votes keys
keys56000000000
The Mark

Fucking amazing. It's like I'm writing in a foreign language.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/

Return to “Previous Jobs”