Felt Mafia 3 [EndGame]

Moderator: Community Team

What should the next Felt Mafia game be about?

Return to Felt Origins
22%
Glass v. Plastic
11%
Felt 4: The Quilting Bee
67%
Other (please place in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 9
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Re: Felt Mafia 3 [Day 0]

Post by Lemonfairy »

Neon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:15 am Welcome to my scum pile

[VOTE: Lemon] aubergine
why aubergine?
lucy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:07 am i am back and i am town this time
*squints*
idk, not feeling this
Neon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:18 am Is it bad if that makes me want to vote you lol
the lol and the fact that it's a question makes this feel more friendly than it needs to be
probably not super AI though
lucy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:22 am you should vote mafia not town
this post actually makes me feel a bit better about the previous one but still easily made as either alignment tbh
lucy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:28 am so now i pose the question, even if i was a wolf, do you think you could have successfully caught me based off my current actions
ok, it feels like they're treating each other as town now
not w/w
fingersplints wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:52 am
What current actions in the thread are most likely to catch a wolf?

I don’t really like the dismissive “you were just wrong so have to be here” to a small day 1 suspicion comment. The thread has been mostly OT, someone has to get things rolling.
kinda like this
viberead town
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:42 am
Neon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:28 am
I've caught others by doing this.
you're bad
probably also >rand town
Neon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:45 am Thanks. That's the fastest anyone has told me I'm bad before.

But am I bad as in a shit player. Or bad as in mafia?

One of these is true.
Neon interpreting bad as skill-related rather than alignment is towny imo
S~V~S wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:50 am Ha ha I win, Rondo said I was bad on page one, and I’m pretty sure it was page one in LGM when Sean did, too.

I’m home pretty much all weekend, so I’ll have plenty of time to stay caught up.

On this list, Lemonfairy is new to me, I played with TSP a few time, but I don’t recall his game well, so he might as well be.
very neutral post, doesn't swing me either way
lucy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:58 am do you think using tactics and strategy is ai for me?
lucy feels very self-focused this game
idk what to make of it yet
S~V~S wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:05 am I’ve played games with40 and 50 people, and never kept a spreadsheet
omg imagine making a spreadsheet for 40/50 people
I can barely bother to make those with 7 people
lucy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:10 am i also wasn't lying about my memory, i've never taken notes in a single class, nor do i need spreadsheets to track reads, it's all easily retained.
-_- opposite of me
everything gets deleted after a while
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:57 am Alright, who's Maf? Still Marmot?
[VOTE: marmot] aubergine
I'm reading these as though they're entrance posts but this just reminded me that there was a N0 that I didn't bother to read
uhhh whatever ig, I'll just make do

also, is aubergine an inside joke or a reference to something?
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:03 amMarmot
why though
but post is fine ig
Roxy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:07 am @Neon Not sure yet but eye was drawn somewhere D 0 but I'm giving it a chance since it was only D 0. So no name mentioning for yet. How about you?
ehhh ok this can be vibe town too

I've already forgotten the other people I gave vibe townreads to
Neon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:11 am I don't have many thoughts. I think Lucy is town... so like can't wait for round 2 of Neon vs everyone lol
why

ok, I'm going to end this one here b/c it's getting long
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Felt Mafia 3 [Day 1]

Post by Lemonfairy »

oh wow
that is so ugly hahaha
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 94

Post by S~V~S »

@Neon Thanks, that's what I thought.
Marmot wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:46 pm fingersplints: town
lucy: town
Roxy: town
Neon: probably town
Sabi: mommy
SVS: maybe mafia (although the more she posts the more I trend away from this)
falcon: probably a wolf
DrWilgy: uwu
Kate: not obviously town (which I am taking to be slightly wolf-indicative based on seeing her as obv!town last game)
Lemonfairy: hi
Well, as others have said, it's been the fluffiest of fluffy threads so far. But I know I have been being quiet, for reasons besides the fluff, although that contributes.

On Day Zero, as soon as the thread opened Rondo was in here posting. Falcon came in a minute later, then over the next 15 minutes or so, me, Kate and Quin came in. There was chatting about the tea poll, bitching about the PG-13 warning yada yada yada.

Rondo proclaimed a bit later that me, Kate and Quin were the bad team,
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:43 pm Wolf team is Kate / SVS / Quinn
So he picked the 3rd, 4th and 5th persons to post. I assumed it was a joke (although nothing he ever posts reads like a joke to me, I can't read him at all after the one game), and moved on.

When I came into the thread after Day one started, I saw he was still on that, and had voted for me.

I'm like, Is this a joke, does he mean it? After the last game I am vaguely terrified of him (only low key kidding here). He came in to the last game like a force of nature (but he subbed in and i know when I sub in I try to establish my civ credentials early), and they kept blazing the whole game. Everyone else seems to be ignoring it, but I have been waiting for him, and he hasn't come back. It's just weird to me that he picked 3, 4, 5 even if a joke. He's usually here in the AM, my time, when I'm here, and hasn't been the last 2 days. There could be civ reasons for this, or just random Rondo reasons, and not gonna let myself get derailed by fear of being derailed, if that makes sense.

So I'm gonna stop worrying about it.

Re your list, I haven't seen anything to think Splints or Roxy is bad, but nothing to say they're sure town either. Same for Kate. In LGM, I read Kate right, but otherwise was pretty much wrong about most of my friends (I thought Mata was bad early, but I backed off, so that doesn't count imo). Kate is easier to read with Golden in the game (and I recall this going back 10 and more years ago, to other sites). They seem to have an inherent understanding of each other, and I tend to town read them both via the light they reflect off of each other, if that makes sense. She's a little cagier without that. Even in Game 1, where he was bad, he did a really good job of approximating that. So she's a harder read for me without him in thread. And she called me "Little Lady" which counts for hilarity points.

Dennis also seems less engaged than last game, but that day one towncore feel isn't here that was in his first game. He was lucky, I think, to have his first game rand civ into a game like that.

I also think Lucy is town, and to extra annoy her, she's the only person close to town lock for me.

I haven't seen Neons early game. She IS different to LGM, but like Rondo, she subbed in and when you sub in you want to make a civvie splash coming in the door.

You voted for Quin, but he's not on your list. I tend to read him as bad, why did you vote for him.

I am trying to sort the falcon/Wilgy thing. Why does falcon think that after a 48 hour fluff-fest someone should be assured of his affiliation? I'm not 100% sure I understand either side of that 1/1 with him and Wilgy. He seems legit upset about it, and I'm not sure why. I think he plays a fairly blendy civ game on short acquaintance, and he took a lot of suspish for it last game. But Wilgys reasons for suspecting him seem a bit forced to me, although I would imagine a bad Wilgy would just lick people and not bother to list suspects at all.
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:16 pm
Kate wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:23 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:43 pm I've caught up... Falcon and Neon seem to be Mafia.

Neon's energy does not match my expectations, it may be AI... I think.
Can you elaborate? Certainly your lick gave off more than that? Or is it just the feels on these 2?
Yes. I think Town Falcon who is present early would have a minor interest in scouting...

This does not appear to be present so far.

Neon has seemed to drastically shift meta to come out guns blasting. Neon is a player who is good at finding town and going from there... Not this behavior we see now.

Now, I should continue my efforts at home.
I mean, NO ONE had been hunting much up to the time he said this. So this is kinda looking like a tempest in a teapot. Heh.

I think this is not the game Lemonfairy wanted to play, so they are basically shitposting so far. They seem to be a charming person, so they are charming shitposts, like someone spamming you with rainbows.

I will be home today, I'll be in and out.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Spoiler: show
Lemonfairy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:24 am

why aubergine?
*squints*
idk, not feeling this
Neon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:18 am Is it bad if that makes me want to vote you lol
the lol and the fact that it's a question makes this feel more friendly than it needs to be
this post actually makes me feel a bit better about the previous one but still easily made as either alignment tbh
lucy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:28 am so now i pose the question, even if i was a wolf, do you think you could have successfully caught me based off my current actions
not w/w

I don’t really like the dismissive “you were just wrong so have to be here” to a small day 1 suspicion comment. The thread has been mostly OT, someone has to get things rolling.
kinda like this
viberead town
you're bad
probably also >rand town
Neon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:45 am Thanks. That's the fastest anyone has told me I'm bad before.

One of these is true.
S~V~S wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:50 am Ha ha I win, Rondo said I was bad on page one, and I’m pretty sure it was page one in LGM when Sean did, too.

I’m home pretty much all weekend, so I’ll have plenty of time to stay caught up.

On this list, Lemonfairy is new to me, I played with TSP a few time, but I don’t recall his game well, so he might as well be.
lucy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:58 am do you think using tactics and strategy is ai for me?
S~V~S wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:05 am I’ve played games with40 and 50 people, and never kept a spreadsheet
lucy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:10 am i also wasn't lying about my memory, i've never taken notes in a single class, nor do i need spreadsheets to track reads, it's all easily retained.
-_- opposite of me
I'm reading these as though they're entrance posts but this just reminded me that there was a N0 that I didn't bother to read

why though
but post is fine ig
Roxy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:07 am @Neon Not sure yet but eye was drawn somewhere D 0 but I'm giving it a chance since it was only D 0. So no name mentioning for yet. How about you?

Neon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:11 am I don't have many thoughts. I think Lucy is town... so like can't wait for round 2 of Neon vs everyone lol
why

The answer to all your questions about me is

"Because"
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Lemonfairy

The aubergine makes it easier to search for vote posts, you can't search "vote" as it's too common.

And re Neon vs everyone, last game she was town and aggressively defended Lucy, who was bad, and was pretty much the only person who felt that way.
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Neon wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:40 am The answer to all your questions about me is

"Because"
that doesn't help
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:40 am @Lemonfairy

The aubergine makes it easier to search for vote posts, you can't search "vote" as it's too common.

And re Neon vs everyone, last game she was town and aggressively defended Lucy, who was bad, and was pretty much the only person who felt that way.
oh ok thanks

oh no, I wasn't asking about that
I was asking why she townread lucy

tbh I don't really care about previous games unless they have a direct impact on how someone is reading someone else and/or has meta that would make reading someone easier
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lemonfairy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:47 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:40 am @Lemonfairy

oh ok thanks

oh no, I wasn't asking about that
I was asking why she townread lucy

tbh I don't really care about previous games unless they have a direct impact on how someone is reading someone else and/or has meta that would make reading someone easier
Oh, good luck with that. :hug:

There's a lot of meta reading here, plus we have two groups melding right now, older players who used to play here years ago and drifted away (like me) but came back for the Anniversary Games and stuck around, and newer players who have evolved the game style over the last several years to a different approach. So alot of us don't really know each other, or each others games, all that much better than you do, but some of us know each other super well.

But new eyes, new insights, are always good.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

So I did say that this game is a little easier to keep up with and I like that it's slower paced, buuuut SVS is right that, that does make it a little slower to get going and I'm a slower to start player as it is. I just logged on, on my computer and it is so much easier to read. So I am going through and rereading the game from the beginning since it's not that many pages. The first three pages are mostly the OT stuff. One of the things that stood out to me is the interactions between SVS, lucy and then Dennis added in. A lot of focus on what happened last game and then the discussion of whether they could have btsc or not based on their interactions. SVS seems to be townreading lucy and I can see that she seems to be less talkative this game so her play style seems a little different, but it's still early. So the conversations seemed organic so probably not teamed up, but something to keep in mind for later if it becomes relevant.
Then there was the falcon and wilgy interactions. It seems like wilgy thought falcon should be hunting more, but there hadn't been much going on yet and then falcon thought that made wilgy scummy for saying that about him so early. So seems like wilgy was maybe too quick to come to that conclusion and it didn't feel like a real read, but wasn't presented as a general push for falcon to participate more. It may be because I haven't been here in awhile, but it seems out of character for wilgy this early on.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Spacedaisy »

I turned the player list into ISO links for those of you playing from mobile devices. If there is something else that needs done, let me know. :daisy:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 59

Post by fingersplints »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:52 am
Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:06 am
Roxy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:31 am So far the only things stand out to me are that iRondo came in like a much duller version of himself from last game. He is not pressing anyone. He has not made multiple votes with nary a reason. He hasn't pushed not questioned anyone for any reason. Makes me wonder about what may have changed from this game to the last one.
He was a sub last game, dropped in around D3 or D4. Here he gets to make his own reads, but in the other he had to rely on ours until he got a feel. That's my guess, at least.
This makes sense, I think subbing in later does make it easier to get into it because there's more info to go on and things have gotten going by then.
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:33 am
So he picked the 3rd, 4th and 5th persons to post. I assumed it was a joke (although nothing he ever posts reads like a joke to me, I can't read him at all after the one game), and moved on.

When I came into the thread after Day one started, I saw he was still on that, and had voted for me.

I'm like, Is this a joke, does he mean it? After the last game I am vaguely terrified of him (only low key kidding here). He came in to the last game like a force of nature (but he subbed in and i know when I sub in I try to establish my civ credentials early), and they kept blazing the whole game. Everyone else seems to be ignoring it, but I have been waiting for him, and he hasn't come back. It's just weird to me that he picked 3, 4, 5 even if a joke. He's usually here in the AM, my time, when I'm here, and hasn't been the last 2 days. There could be civ reasons for this, or just random Rondo reasons, and not gonna let myself get derailed by fear of being derailed, if that makes sense.

So both of these quotes mention rondo and his differences from last game, and both excuse this with comments of the difference between subbing in and from the beginning. This is not normal from what I have seen from town rondo in other games where he played from the beginning. He always kind of dives in and can be quite relentless with his suspicions even early.
I will say that I can’t remember if I’ve ever played a game when he is bad

[VOTE: rondo] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Roxy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:31 am
Zero posts from Eps or TSP. @Mongoose do you know anything?
Are they being replaced or have they asked for a sub? Will you even bother answering these questions?
No news yet; stay tuned.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:29 am I turned the player list into ISO links for those of you playing from mobile devices. If there is something else that needs done, let me know. :daisy:
OMG thank you; I couldn’t figure out how to do that with the « new » interface.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 115

Post by DrWilgy »

Neon wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:36 am
Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:28 am
Neon wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:27 am
Kate wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:48 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:43 pm I've caught up... Falcon and Neon seem to be Mafia.

Can you elaborate? Certainly your lick gave off more than that? Or is it just the feels on these 2?
Yes. I think Town Falcon who is present early would have a minor interest in scouting...

Neon has seemed to drastically shift meta to come out guns blasting. Neon is a player who is good at finding town and going from there... Not this behavior we see now.

I don't know either of these players well enough yet to agree or disagree but I'll keep it in mind. Neon was pretty guns blazing last game, well more like shield weilding.
But did i wield my shield day 1?

I actually don't remember lol
You were subbed in. You weren't there D1. I think they meant towards the end where you were defending yourself defending Lucy.
Oh right I missed the original sign up window and subbed.

Point stands though. I thought that's what they meant but I also feel like Wilgy is saying it's too early for me to be doing what I'm doing.

But I also think Wilgy should know that I don't ever try to approach any two games the same exact way. I don't know if there push on me is wolf driven though.
Well then, what evidence from my push would indicate that it is wolf driven?

You seemed quick to town read my reaction, but then to question it so... Why?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Neon wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:32 am Ye right so I think a key thing for Wilgy is how early it is.

I think I'm not Wilgy could be wrong
I'm not sure what's being postulated here. Would you care to define?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:30 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:01 am
Kate: not obviously town (which I am taking to be slightly wolf-indicative based on seeing her as obv!town last game)
Why are Roxy, fingers and Lucy town?
Roxy and lucy both randed mafia last game, and they seem to be playing much differently this time around to start things off.

Lucy calling attention to herself I would expect as either alignment, but I feel like she's actually doing something with the attention she's intentionally garnering this time, which is rand!v.

Roxy looked uncomfortable when she was posting early on in that game I mention, where as that discomfort doesn't appear to exist at all now.

fingersplints, when I've seen her as mafia, sometimes asks questions for the sake of asking questions (and it shows), and she has not done that at all this game. I get the impression there is intention behind them.

Do you have a particular opinion on any of these three?
I find myself in agreement with your Roxy read.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:34 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:57 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:44 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:37 pmhi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Noontime Check-in/Optional Prompt:

What’s the best office party (holiday or otherwise) you’ve ever attended?

My answer: Last night my husband @reywaS (who will literally never see this because he “forgot” his password) attended a holiday party thrown by the fitness studio owners where I teach yoga. It was held at one of those family fun zones where they have arcade games, ski-ball, Go-Karts, laser tag, batting cages, mini golf, VR games etc. The studio owners rent the entire place out for us fitness instructors and our families so it’s a great time.

Time is ticking - Get your Day 1 votes in!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:56 am
lucy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:32 am
Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:30 am much differently
not ai for me
I have never seen someone with such resistance to being townread, lol.
In some capacity, I would call it the old norm because no townie would want to die (and thus lose). :p

In this case, I think lucy is being resistant to being readable in general, not necessarily not being townread.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:33 am @Neon Thanks, that's what I thought.
Well, as others have said, it's been the fluffiest of fluffy threads so far. But I know I have been being quiet, for reasons besides the fluff, although that contributes.

On Day Zero, as soon as the thread opened Rondo was in here posting. Falcon came in a minute later, then over the next 15 minutes or so, me, Kate and Quin came in. There was chatting about the tea poll, bitching about the PG-13 warning yada yada yada.

Re your list, I haven't seen anything to think Splints or Roxy is bad, but nothing to say they're sure town either. Same for Kate. In LGM, I read Kate right, but otherwise was pretty much wrong about most of my friends (I thought Mata was bad early, but I backed off, so that doesn't count imo). Kate is easier to read with Golden in the game (and I recall this going back 10 and more years ago, to other sites). They seem to have an inherent understanding of each other, and I tend to town read them both via the light they reflect off of each other, if that makes sense. She's a little cagier without that. Even in Game 1, where he was bad, he did a really good job of approximating that. So she's a harder read for me without him in thread. And she called me "Little Lady" which counts for hilarity points.

Dennis also seems less engaged than last game, but that day one towncore feel isn't here that was in his first game. He was lucky, I think, to have his first game rand civ into a game like that.

I also think Lucy is town, and to extra annoy her, she's the only person close to town lock for me.

I haven't seen Neons early game. She IS different to LGM, but like Rondo, she subbed in and when you sub in you want to make a civvie splash coming in the door.

You voted for Quin, but he's not on your list. I tend to read him as bad, why did you vote for him.

I am trying to sort the falcon/Wilgy thing. Why does falcon think that after a 48 hour fluff-fest someone should be assured of his affiliation? I'm not 100% sure I understand either side of that 1/1 with him and Wilgy. He seems legit upset about it, and I'm not sure why. I think he plays a fairly blendy civ game on short acquaintance, and he took a lot of suspish for it last game. But Wilgys reasons for suspecting him seem a bit forced to me, although I would imagine a bad Wilgy would just lick people and not bother to list suspects at all.

I mean, NO ONE had been hunting much up to the time he said this. So this is kinda looking like a tempest in a teapot. Heh.

I think this is not the game Lemonfairy wanted to play, so they are basically shitposting so far. They seem to be a charming person, so they are charming shitposts, like someone spamming you with rainbows.

I'm genuinely curious here SVS as it appears that you are tip toeing. You state your intent to sort Falcon vs Me, but then instead of drawing a conclusion you put wolf associated actions to both of Falcon and I. Why is this? Is it possible for this to be W/W in your perspective?

Also, as you may not be aware, but my meta has shifted quite a bit. The boss said I have to start taking things more seriously.
Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:13 pm
not ai for me
In some capacity, I would call it the old norm because no townie would want to die (and thus lose). :p

In this case, I think lucy is being resistant to being readable in general, not necessarily not being townread.
That's a good point about lucy, she did state that she wants her game to be different every game. @Dennis thoughts on this?

I still have to go look back at falcon like I said last night. Lots of time still.

Just want to add, this day 1 is hugely different from last game, if just for the fact that there is so much less substantive discussion.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I've had a busy last few days, and also won't be around for deadline today because I have DND. But I'll contribute what I can in the next couple of hours before I have to leave.

@Kate who's your top suspect at the moment (I'm going to assume it isn't Epignosis).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Mongoose wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:11 pm Noontime Check-in/Optional Prompt:

My answer: Last night my husband @reywaS (who will literally never see this because he “forgot” his password) attended a holiday party thrown by the fitness studio owners where I teach yoga. It was held at one of those family fun zones where they have arcade games, ski-ball, Go-Karts, laser tag, batting cages, mini golf, VR games etc. The studio owners rent the entire place out for us fitness instructors and our families so it’s a great time.

Several years ago, I convinced my bosses it would be a good event for the company to have them all consume Carolina Reapers if our metrics were good enough.

Little did they expect for us to pull it off. It resulted in a lunch time party of sorts where we got to watch our four bosses crying as a spicy pepper destroyed their insides.

I do still consider it to be one of the best things I've set into motion. No I was not reimbursed for the Reapers.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mongoose wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:11 pm Noontime Check-in/Optional Prompt:

Tbh, I'd never been to a company party until this past Friday (for one reason or another), so I'll call that one the best one for obvious reasons.

Our bosses took us out for an open bar, prepared a small game of trivia for us, we had a raucous good time, and then went to see my friend play a show down the street.

I had 4 beers and a hot toddy over the course of 9 hours, which for me felt like the perfect drinking pace of having a grand time and still waking up Saturday morning to do things. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:09 pm
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:01 am So I did say that this game is a little easier to keep up with and I like that it's slower paced, buuuut SVS is right that, that does make it a little slower to get going and I'm a slower to start player as it is. I just logged on, on my computer and it is so much easier to read. So I am going through and rereading the game from the beginning since it's not that many pages. The first three pages are mostly the OT stuff. One of the things that stood out to me is the interactions between SVS, lucy and then Dennis added in. A lot of focus on what happened last game and then the discussion of whether they could have btsc or not based on their interactions. SVS seems to be townreading lucy and I can see that she seems to be less talkative this game so her play style seems a little different, but it's still early. So the conversations seemed organic so probably not teamed up, but something to keep in mind for later if it becomes relevant.
Then there was the falcon and wilgy interactions. It seems like wilgy thought falcon should be hunting more, but there hadn't been much going on yet and then falcon thought that made wilgy scummy for saying that about him so early. So seems like wilgy was maybe too quick to come to that conclusion and it didn't feel like a real read, but wasn't presented as a general push for falcon to participate more. It may be because I haven't been here in awhile, but it seems out of character for wilgy this early on.
So my understanding is correct, you find SVS and Lucy's interactions worth examination, but conclusions cannot be drawn yet due to a lack of data?

On the later subject, would you say that this gives town equity to Falcon and wolf equity to me?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:20 pm I've had a busy last few days, and also won't be around for deadline today because I have DND. But I'll contribute what I can in the next couple of hours before I have to leave.

@Kate who's your top suspect at the moment (I'm going to assume it isn't Epignosis).
Roll a 20 for me.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:25 pm
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:28 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:20 pm I've had a busy last few days, and also won't be around for deadline today because I have DND. But I'll contribute what I can in the next couple of hours before I have to leave.

Roll a 20 for me.
19 (22 with a +3 marmot modifier)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:29 pm

Roll a 20 for me.
19 (22 with a +3 marmot modifier)
This'll suffice. Hopefully my boss approves.
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

not ai for me

Mostly, I would agree with that; I am going with the "new norm" and calling townreads, but lord, it's not easy for me. And I took some flak in Game 1 because I didn't like doing it.

But yeah, on short acquaintance she seems to like cultivating an air of not quite mystery, but that's the closest I can come to what I think.

@DrWilgy I am tiptoeing a bit, since I am not sure what I think. I also attributed town actions to both of you.

If you were bad, I doubt you would have come in here all serious when people expect you not to. And I thought falcon legit looked upset by it. When he sussed me in LGM, he looked not unlike he looks here. I tend to think stuff like this on Day One tends civ/civ more often than not. Because I also don't see why you'd expect him specifically to be hunting when pretty much no one was, and why he was so sure you could not possibly misread him.

So I'm trying to sort it, becasue I can see it both ways.

@Mongoose It was years ago, They had it at a hall, and they had a magician, and tarot reader, a photo booth and lots of booths with games; it was almost like an indoor carnival.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

In the Wilgy/falcon dispute, I definitely agree with Wilgy about falcon, and between the two think Wilgy is more likely to be town atm.

I do think that sabie means what she said about Wilgy, thinking that him pushing falcon for not doing anything when there wasn't much to do, although I don't agree with her on it, as I think Wilgy is more multi-dimensional than her recollection suggests.

@sabie12 what do you make of falcon at this point?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:32 pm
not ai for me

Mostly, I would agree with that; I am going with the "new norm" and calling townreads, but lord, it's not easy for me. And I took some flak in Game 1 because I didn't like doing it.

But yeah, on short acquaintance she seems to like cultivating an air of not quite mystery, but that's the closest I can come to what I think.

@DrWilgy I am tiptoeing a bit, since I am not sure what I think. I also attributed town actions to both of you.

If you were bad, I doubt you would have come in here all serious when people expect you not to. And I thought falcon legit looked upset by it. When he sussed me in LGM, he looked not unlike he looks here. I tend to think stuff like this on Day One tends civ/civ more often than not. Because I also don't see why you'd expect him specifically to be hunting when pretty much no one was, and why he was so sure you could not possibly misread him.

@Mongoose It was years ago, They had it at a hall, and they had a magician, and tarot reader, a photo booth and lots of booths with games; it was almost like an indoor carnival.
ebwop, Inscrutability! That's the word I was looking for. She likes to cultivate an air of inscrutability.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

It's either dennis/lucy or falcon. But I'm least concerned with falcon. I want to read falcon in the last game but I haven't gotten there yet. Just got the baby to bed so ill try to do it soonish.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:36 pm

It's either dennis/lucy or falcon. But I'm least concerned with falcon. I want to read falcon in the last game but I haven't gotten there yet. Just got the baby to bed so ill try to do it soonish.
Why dennis or lucy? I have a slight inclination to think lucy could be town, but don't have a read on Dennis yet.

Falcon I agree on.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:36 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:32 pm
not ai for me

ebwop, Inscrutability! That's the word I was looking for. She likes to cultivate an air of inscrutability.

We should scrutinize her. :smoky:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:33 pm In the Wilgy/falcon dispute, I definitely agree with Wilgy about falcon, and between the two think Wilgy is more likely to be town atm.

I do think that sabie means what she said about Wilgy, thinking that him pushing falcon for not doing anything when there wasn't much to do, although I don't agree with her on it, as I think Wilgy is more multi-dimensional than her recollection suggests.

@sabie12 what do you make of falcon at this point?
And this is re SVS as well.

What I find interesting is that Falcon has a tendency to slank, remember the game or at least be able to get back into it by asking the question "who town reads me?"

Only then... He sorts out between who's looking for the easy sheep and who's serious in their statement.

I, however, disrupted this... I think. That was also entirely on purpose. The boss did tell me to do so.

Falcon's reaction I believe to be genuinely w attributed.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:34 pm

hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
hi
Image Image Image
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:51 am
Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:03 am
Kate wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:01 pm @Dennis seems a lot less engaged this game than last. He came out of the gate playing last game, his first. I don't see any reason he'd be less active this game. Whare you at, wild dennis?
Things last game started way faster and I don't know how to really get things rolling.
Last game Golden pulled in town core fast plus we had a tunnel to discuss (Sean vs me) very early. Here we had slot of baked goods and warm fuzzy fluff. Fluffy games are warm and cheery, but can be slow starters until someone is actually eliminated.

I am trying to sort falcon v Wilgy. Do you have an opinion on that?
I think they're both town. Falcon feels the same as last game, not on topic until something interesting happens to him, then focusing up. Wilgy is just INCREDIBLY on topic. Most of his fluff posts are his ongoing hi train with Marmot. Out of these two, I say Falcon is more likely to be bad because Falcon's defense of 'You shouldn't read my slot this way' is weird. Your slot is read different each game because you have a different role each game, right? Or am I misinterpreting 'slot'.
Lemonfairy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:47 am I should probably go back and read, unless someone wants to talk with me rn? (invitation to provide me with an excuse to not backread)
It's like 8 pages, mostly of shitposts. I don't see why you have to be so reluctant.
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:33 am @Neon Thanks, that's what I thought.

Help, I agree with literally everything but I don't remember typing this!
Neon wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:40 am
Lemonfairy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:24 am

why aubergine?
*squints*
idk, not feeling this
not w/w

kinda like this
viberead town
you're bad
probably also >rand town

One of these is true.

-_- opposite of me

why though
but post is fine ig

why

The answer to all your questions about me is

"Because"
I would love to hear a bit more from you than things like this, especially remembering your walls of defense last game. Obviously you can't do that right now because it's D1, but I'm pretty sure you can give a bit more than "Because".
fingersplints wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:56 am
sabie12 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:52 am
Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:06 am
Roxy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:31 am So far the only things stand out to me are that iRondo came in like a much duller version of himself from last game. He is not pressing anyone. He has not made multiple votes with nary a reason. He hasn't pushed not questioned anyone for any reason. Makes me wonder about what may have changed from this game to the last one.
He was a sub last game, dropped in around D3 or D4. Here he gets to make his own reads, but in the other he had to rely on ours until he got a feel. That's my guess, at least.
This makes sense, I think subbing in later does make it easier to get into it because there's more info to go on and things have gotten going by then.
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:33 am

So both of these quotes mention rondo and his differences from last game, and both excuse this with comments of the difference between subbing in and from the beginning. This is not normal from what I have seen from town rondo in other games where he played from the beginning. He always kind of dives in and can be quite relentless with his suspicions even early.
I will say that I can’t remember if I’ve ever played a game when he is bad

[VOTE: rondo] aubergine
I'm reluctant to do anything with Rondo currently. The only experience I have with him is when he subbed in, which obviously you will play different, but now I'm hearing he's like that all the time and it's getting me all confused. I'm gonna plop him on a little null read for now until I hear more from him.

@Kate I will get to your question in a moment, I know I missed it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: USE SPOILERS FOR THIS POST IF YOU REACT TO IT. NONE OF US WANT TO DEAL WITH THAT.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:42 pm
Kate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:36 pm

Why dennis or lucy? I have a slight inclination to think lucy could be town, but don't have a read on Dennis yet.

Falcon I agree on.
Dennis came out much more confident and inquisitive in the first game, which was actually his FIRST game. He seemed to drop right into his element, so to say. Here, he seems to be guarded and less willing to post. I thought it early on but was giving him the benefit of the doubt bc (as I've said a few times now) there is far less activity. I seem to recall, even as a newb he was not just talking, but GENERATING conversation. I don't see that here.

Also the interaction with lucy was almost stage-y. Like let's put on the same back and forth as last game but keep it less objectionable to your mom. (Lol) although I'm not sure Dennis would take instruction, but it could be a plan. Just thinking out loud at this point...something is rotten in the town of Constantinople ( :haha: I kill me :haha: ). Anyway, read it if you have a sec and lmk.

Still withholding judgment on falcon as I said above.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

...and there's dennis lol. If I haven't mentioned it before, I really miss linki.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:18 pm
not ai for me

That's a good point about lucy, she did state that she wants her game to be different every game. @Dennis thoughts on this?

I still have to go look back at falcon like I said last night. Lots of time still.

Just want to add, this day 1 is hugely different from last game, if just for the fact that there is so much less substantive discussion.
This is clearly you trying to get me re-engaged. I have told you, I just have less to comment on. I am still engaged, I assure you. I am godawful at starting conversations but if someone gets me going, that's when I start really going in.

But, to answer your question, I have only played 1 game with Lucy, and she was mafia. But never approaching 2 games the same makes sense, and her reluctance to be read is a good thing IMO. It was annoying being immediately town read by everybody in LGM, because it kinda took away the thrill of 'Ooh someone's voting me!' because I got like 4 votes in total. So, I agree with her on not wanting to be readable, if not for anything else for the thrill of it.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:56 pm
not ai for me

This is clearly you trying to get me re-engaged. I have told you, I just have less to comment on. I am still engaged, I assure you. I am godawful at starting conversations but if someone gets me going, that's when I start really going in.

But, to answer your question, I have only played 1 game with Lucy, and she was mafia. But never approaching 2 games the same makes sense, and her reluctance to be read is a good thing IMO. It was annoying being immediately town read by everybody in LGM, because it kinda took away the thrill of 'Ooh someone's voting me!' because I got like 4 votes in total. So, I agree with her on not wanting to be readable, if not for anything else for the thrill of it.
Oh, sweetheart, it pains me to say I think it's a little more than me prodding you to talk.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:49 pm
Kate wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:01 pm @Dennis seems a lot less engaged this game than last. He came out of the gate playing last game, his first. I don't see any reason he'd be less active this game. Whare you at, wild dennis?
Things last game started way faster and I don't know how to really get things rolling.
Last game Golden pulled in town core fast plus we had a tunnel to discuss (Sean vs me) very early. Here we had slot of baked goods and warm fuzzy fluff. Fluffy games are warm and cheery, but can be slow starters until someone is actually eliminated.

I think they're both town. Falcon feels the same as last game, not on topic until something interesting happens to him, then focusing up. Wilgy is just INCREDIBLY on topic. Most of his fluff posts are his ongoing hi train with Marmot. Out of these two, I say Falcon is more likely to be bad because Falcon's defense of 'You shouldn't read my slot this way' is weird. Your slot is read different each game because you have a different role each game, right? Or am I misinterpreting 'slot'.

Yeah, I agree, how does someone expect someone else to know that and react that strongly to it? I mean, I'm taking some flak, but that's part of the game. I never 'got' the suspish of him last game, and was reading him the same, but that element wasn't there.

I am going to go back and reread Falcon. If I have time, I might reread his LGM to contrast it.

Also linki @ you, getting votes isn't so thrilling after a while :haha:
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:57 pm
Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:56 pm
not ai for me

Oh, sweetheart, it pains me to say I think it's a little more than me prodding you to talk.
Well you aren't allowed to suspect me, that's friendly fire.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:55 pm ...and there's dennis lol. If I haven't mentioned it before, I really miss linki.
OMG yes, I miss it so much.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Also I was asleep until noon, which was an hour ago for anyone who isn't EST so there's that as a weak excuse for why I wasn't posting.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:01 pm
Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:49 pm

Yeah, I agree, how does someone expect someone else to know that and react that strongly to it? I mean, I'm taking some flak, but that's part of the game. I never 'got' the suspish of him last game, and was reading him the same, but that element wasn't there.

I am going to go back and reread Falcon. If I have time, I might reread his LGM to contrast it.

Also linki @ you, getting votes isn't so thrilling after a while :haha:
Well, I was suspicious of him, actually on the last day I would have voted him I hadn't realized that Golden checked him. Now, he feels the same, which I would've found suspicious but now I know it's just his way of playing.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

@S~V~S What do you think of Kate thus far?

Return to “Previous Heists”