Spectator Thread

Moderator: Community Team

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Spectator Thread

Post by Scotty »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey, folks. Yeah, I volunteered just because I wasn't sure how I could effectively use half of my role power and I just didn't feel I had adequate time to contribute better than anyone else there.

Boomslang wrote:I hate Mafia. You act like you're silenced and don't give a shit about the game? You get a free pass. You play the game, contribute, and ask good questions? You get voted out. Why do I even bother?
Sorry to hear it, bud.

I don't know what went on in your camp, so I can't talk to that. Nonetheless, on a semi-related note based on your sentiment, I do think we have a serious cultural hangup at this site about not lynching non-participants and lurkers even when it'd be in town's best interest to get rid of them sooner rather than having to deal with them closer to endgame, but that's a discussion for another thread (mafia strategy, specifically).
Something SVS brought up early on is a reference to a past Survivor game she played where they did exactly as Atamai has done so far- eliminate non-participants or people that just generally aren't about the game. That Wilgy skirted by slightly is a different direction that Mamana went through. It would be a far-gone conclusion that, should Mamana lose this challenge, Wilgy is the easy choice here.

Not to knock on wilgy- he's said he's just having fun and, in chat, said he doesn't care if he wins or not- but that sort of thing will probably be frowned upon early on for the chi of the tribe.

and thanks again for stepping in, MP. I know you didn't have be proper time you would have wanted, and that's ok. Hope you had fun for a hot second :flamed:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 159
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

So Scotty is the number of people affected by the food poisoning equal to the number of people who voted for that option on the other team or is it an even number affected for each team.

And yeah MP, I have a slightly modified "won't kill silenced people" stance. I helped kill someone who was at work the whole day once and will never forget the reaming out she gave us about how she did not have an opportunity to answer to her accusers. She was, of course, civ. I also felt bad for SVS for the same reason in the Blue v. Red game the other day. But as you say, it's a topic for the mafia strategy thread.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:and thanks again for stepping in, MP. I know you didn't have be proper time you would have wanted, and that's ok. Hope you had fun for a hot second :flamed:
No problem, bud! Thanks for having me. It definitely was fun while it lasted and I could wrap my head around what was going on. Definitely really awesome, immersive stuff. You should feel proud of this game. :clap:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:So Scotty is the number of people affected by the food poisoning equal to the number of people who voted for that option on the other team or is it an even number affected for each team.

And yeah MP, I have a slightly modified "won't kill silenced people" stance. I helped kill someone who was at work the whole day once and will never forget the reaming out she gave us about how she did not have an opportunity to answer to her accusers. She was, of course, civ. I also felt bad for SVS for the same reason in the Blue v. Red game the other day. But as you say, it's a topic for the mafia strategy thread.
Well, I think a lurker/non-participant is very different than someone who has shown participation while they have been around in limited capacities, so that's understandable.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:So Scotty is the number of people affected by the food poisoning equal to the number of people who voted for that option on the other team or is it an even number affected for each team.

The majority in the poll is the punishment that the other tribe received. The "food poisoning option" directly affects the players on the other team that didn't vote for "Food poisoning". Since the question was "which is worse", the people that didn't find food poisoning the worst got it. That goes for non-poll participants, like Epi and Wilgy.

Meanwhile, our resident poisoner has poisoned Elo in the midst, so...they will have a cover to continue hiding their malevolence.

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I just noticed people are calling you Jeff, and that amused me more than it should have.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I just noticed people are calling you Jeff, and that amused me more than it should have.
He's my

:shifty:

Idol.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

The secrets to this challenge are minimal, but DH is right in that there is a slight advantage when performing moves.
Attacking after a successful block will yield +1 to the results of the die roll.
Attacking 3 times in a row subtracts 1 from the 3rd roll.

Very minimal; but it could make the difference.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I wonder if Elo realizes she is poisoned by the poisoner as well as having food poisoning. She doesn't indicate that she is double poisoned. Interesting.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:I wonder if Elo realizes she is poisoned by the poisoner as well as having food poisoning. She doesn't indicate that she is double poisoned. Interesting.
Both technically do the same thing, so it doesnt stack. I worded her sickening differently from the other people though, so she may not pick up on it since everyone is having a time of it

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

One thing I'm learning from hosting the hard way- my time constraints need to be more prounounced. I shouldn't allow people to do shit right up until deadline. It already takes me over an hour to compile stats and actions, let alone writing the flavor so if Wilgy had been voted out a minute before EoN from a changed vote that would have seriously rustled my jimmies

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:One thing I'm learning from hosting the hard way- my time constraints need to be more prounounced. I shouldn't allow people to do shit right up until deadline. It already takes me over an hour to compile stats and actions, let alone writing the flavor so if Wilgy had been voted out a minute before EoN from a changed vote that would have seriously rustled my jimmies
What a lot of hosts do is tell the players their night actions have to be in an hour before night ends. That way there is time to do all those things and get the flavor written. Basically it's a 23 hour night for the players. You might want to try that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I got a warning from Chatzy for spamming their site with new Chatzy rooms creations. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote:I got a warning from Chatzy for spamming their site with new Chatzy rooms creations. :haha:
:doh: Oh god whoops. Is that gonna be a problem?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

No, I just had to wait a minute before I created more. I was creating them too quickly apparently.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Something other hosts have done on the chatzy rooms is just have the bts team create them (everyone knows how to create a chatzy) and send you and Scotty the site. That way one person isn't creating them all.

I'm glad Atami is evening up the score. Looks like Wligy might be the one to go out of Mamana. We'll see I guess...poor Wilgy two games in a row.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Something other hosts have done on the chatzy rooms is just have the bts team create them (everyone knows how to create a chatzy) and send you and Scotty the site. That way one person isn't creating them all.

I'm glad Atami is evening up the score. Looks like Wligy might be the one to go out of Mamana. We'll see I guess...poor Wilgy two games in a row.
The voting out procedures here are a bit more cut throat- people will find a little crack in the armor and take advantage of that. It's pretty weird looking in, but I guess it's pretty close to reality TV.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Interesting that Elo brought up INH. He won his bout I would think that would be a something in his favor. Will be interesting to see who they end up voting out - my money is still on Wilgy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

lol Scotty they are trying to make this difficult for you voting for their rocks in the thread. What if everyone doesn't come in to vote? lol

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:lol Scotty they are trying to make this difficult for you voting for their rocks in the thread. What if everyone doesn't come in to vote? lol
Ugh. They already voted for one each, why are they changing? They don't even know what the rock colors do!!!

:suspish: :suspish:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:lol Scotty they are trying to make this difficult for you voting for their rocks in the thread. What if everyone doesn't come in to vote? lol
Ugh. They already voted for one each, why are they changing? They don't even know what the rock colors do!!!

:suspish: :suspish:
Tell them they have to vote in the poll, one per option. If they want to change they can do it on the poll.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm confused what technical difficulties Elo is talking about.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:I'm confused what technical difficulties Elo is talking about.
Ah, I see what she is referring to- when I changed the poll, the votes from the day poll didn't change for whatever reason. I assume it had to do with the fact that both polls had 9 options.

Either way, that she really wants Aquamarine is bizarre. No one knows what the rocks do. It's like refusing to ride a bus because the bus company has pink somewhere in the logo.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Now this is going to be fun! Wonder if DH is still going to try to be king.

Welcome Wilgy, sorry you got deaded in two games so close together.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:Sup.

What did I miss?

Besides everything.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Sup.

What did I miss?

Besides everything.
The tribes have the same number of people now (I think) but they just had a swap where people from one tribe went to another so they have a new tribal make-up for each. Dr. Wilgy got voted out of the Mamana tribe, I think because he did not show up until late in the day the other day and people thought he was silenced. They seemed to read that as lack of commitment. DH changed tribes into a tribe that had an agreed upon leader (SVS) so it will be interesting to see what shakes out there.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ricochet »

Yeah, time for a "King" or "Queen" to die. Enough pawns.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DrWilgy »

Womp womp. Man, LoRab is getting too good at killing me -__-
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DrWilgy wrote:Womp womp. Man, LoRab is getting too good at killing me -__-
Aww I'm sorry you were deaded Wilgy but glad to have you in the spectator thread.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DrWilgy »

Mhmm! I didn't expect myself to survive, more so I was wondering who would betray me.

Now I sit back and watch :martini:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Of course this call and response type challenge falls on a day in which I have early rehearsal, 2 shows, and looking to go exploring.

What the survivors don't know is that the pot contains an idol and whoever picks the pot receives immunity for tribal tonight.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:Of course this call and response type challenge falls on a day in which I have early rehearsal, 2 shows, and looking to go exploring.

What the survivors don't know is that the pot contains an idol and whoever picks the pot receives immunity for tribal tonight.
Haha Scotty I'm willing to bet you don't do much 'sploring today. And cool about the idol in the pot. I wondered if both tribes were going to council tonight.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:
Scotty wrote:Of course this call and response type challenge falls on a day in which I have early rehearsal, 2 shows, and looking to go exploring.

Haha Scotty I'm willing to bet you don't do much 'sploring today. And cool about the idol in the pot. I wondered if both tribes were going to council tonight.
Oh, both are still going to tribal tonight.

Gotta end this game at a reasonable pace :grin:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:

Oh, both are still going to tribal tonight.

Gotta end this game at a reasonable pace :grin:
Oh I see - its an individual who gets the immunity idol. It's been a long time since I watched Survivor so I'm rusty.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

And Yikes only 6 minutes of Mamana to get their choice in!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mamana needs a leader. :omg:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Mamana needs a leader. :omg:
Yeah, without DH, they're slightly floundering. But they got lucky with that challenge. While I like Atamai's taking-turn approach, they're still a ways away

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Well, Atamai is going to win this one. Looks like the even-keeled approach worked for them.

Won by 9 less guesses.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yes I'm not surprised that approach worked better. I was more surprised Mamana didn't approach it the same way. Can't figure out who they are going to oust.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Yes I'm not surprised that approach worked better. I was more surprised Mamana didn't approach it the same way. Can't figure out who they are going to oust.
Logic would dictate keeping it within tribal numbers, so you'd expect an original Mamana gone on Mamana, and an original Atamai member gone on Atamai.

But I haven't strictly been following all the BTSC that's been transpiring

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Some shit is going down on Atamai.

I think a hidden idol is being played tonight :grin:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:Some shit is going down on Atamai.

I think a hidden idol is being played tonight :grin:
Ohhhh that would be exciting!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Yeah, this shit is getting pretty intense!!

I do find it amusing; I've never watched a single episode in my life, but here I am choosing this game. :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote:Yeah, this shit is getting pretty intense!!

I do find it amusing; I've never watched a single episode in my life, but here I am choosing this game. :p
It's almost like the real thing.

Just less bikini bod and more whitewashed words

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Yeah, this might be a surprise tribal result for Atamai.

I have no idea how Mamana is going to shake out.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:Yeah, this might be a surprise tribal result for Atamai.

:ponder: :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

If someone they vote for has the immunity idol does that mean nobody gets voted off or the person with the next number of votes gets voted off?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:

If someone they vote for has the immunity idol does that mean nobody gets voted off or the person with the next number of votes gets voted off?
As per the show, the person with the next highest number leaves.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:

And I guess nobody goes if it's unanimous for the person with the idol? Or is there some other mechanic that happens?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:
Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:

And I guess nobody goes if it's unanimous for the person with the idol? Or is there some other mechanic that happens?
In that case, ties are randomized.

Meaning, anyone with 0 votes will go home :puppy:

Also...this is a spoiler for what's about to most likely go down, but:
insertnamehere wrote:I guess it all seems a little contrived how Quin came into the thread, stirred up a whole bunch of shit out of nowhere, and put a massive target on his back.

Quin wasn't really on anybody's radar until after the Reward Challenge, when he barged in like a bull in a china shop.

And there's a Hidden Immunity Idol nobody knows about...

Connecting the dots, I can't help but feel suspicious of how you guys are acting. I'm worried you're going to take out DH, Elo, or Lorab.
;)

Return to “Survivor Mafia”