Total votes: 13
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 53

Re: MINECRAFT - DAY ZERO

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@ Snow~ generally Day Zero is a pregame, no kills is pretty standard. I have not played every game ever played, but I myself do not ever recall an NK in a Day or Night Zero phase that I have played.

@ FH~ I am clueless about what can happen to mobs in water. What makes me leery of ship is the sailing off the edge of the world thing mentioned in the host post.
For what it's worth, there is no "edge of the world" in Minecraft--new chunks spawn as you move through the world so there is always more to explore. Basically think of it as a giant, ever-expanding sandbox. :biggrin:
This may well be true, I don't know. i do know that the host specifically said you could sail off the edge of the flat world, so perhaps there is significance in that. It did not sound very positive to me.
The "host " never said much of anything. Most of this was dialogue.

Regarding the bank, they said they had no currency. I doubt that is true. Anything valuable is effectually currency.

Regarding the ship, it could indicate that the Stevies are no more geologically aware of their world than pre-Magellan peoples.

Regarding the home, well, "Stevie just shrugged."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 126

Post by S~V~S »

Very true~ but sailing off the edge of the world was a possibility that WAS mentioned in the sparse post.

Like I said, House felt like the most positive civvie option based on what was said by people who have played combined with the host post.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 69

Post by reywaS »

Boogs wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
reywaS wrote:is there anything else that this poll could represent besides night time safety?
A sense of ennui?
I'm sorry...since it was Easter, I assumed that people would need 2 days to check in, but looks like everyone is here. I can start day one tonight if everyone wants me too and all the votes are in.
I say yes, Kate. I wanna get the game started :fiesta:
I notice you are posting in blue. Blue is normally for non players. Orange is the color of sarcasm. and Red is for dead players. And of course, the hosts have their own colors. Normally players just post in white to avoid any confusion.

I voted for the house btw.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Epignosis wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
reywaS wrote:is there anything else that this poll could represent besides night time safety?
A sense of ennui?
I'm sorry...since it was Easter, I assumed that people would need 2 days to check in, but looks like everyone is here. I can start day one tonight if everyone wants me too and all the votes are in.
I think Logan was referencing the Stevies' general disinterest in profitable labor.
llama's name is Logan??! That is a very cool name. Is also known as The Wolverine? :D
Some day, Some day
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 217

Post by thellama73 »

reywaS wrote: llama's name is Logan??! That is a very cool name. Is also known as The Wolverine? :D
Thank you, but surely you must realize that I can only have one animal pseudonym (as the widely known rule dictates), and I've chosen, perhaps unwisely, to go with llama rather than wolverine.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

thellama73 wrote:
reywaS wrote: llama's name is Logan??! That is a very cool name. Is also known as The Wolverine? :D
Thank you, but surely you must realize that I can only have one animal pseudonym (as the widely known rule dictates), and I've chosen, perhaps unwisely, to go with llama rather than wolverine.
good point. :biggrin:
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

reywaS wrote:
Boogs wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A sense of ennui?
I notice you are posting in blue. Blue is normally for non players. Orange is the color of sarcasm. and Red is for dead players. And of course, the hosts have their own colors. Normally players just post in white to avoid any confusion.

oh yeah, and green is off topic
Some day, Some day
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Boogs »

reywaS wrote:
Boogs wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A sense of ennui?

Oh gotcha. I was just trying to distinguish myself so i can see my posts easier. Thanks for letting me know :hugs:
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flyin' High »

S~V~S wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@ Snow~ generally Day Zero is a pregame, no kills is pretty standard. I have not played every game ever played, but I myself do not ever recall an NK in a Day or Night Zero phase that I have played.

@ FH~ I am clueless about what can happen to mobs in water. What makes me leery of ship is the sailing off the edge of the world thing mentioned in the host post.
For what it's worth, there is no "edge of the world" in Minecraft--new chunks spawn as you move through the world so there is always more to explore. Basically think of it as a giant, ever-expanding sandbox. :biggrin:
This may well be true, I don't know. i do know that the host specifically said you could sail off the edge of the flat world, so perhaps there is significance in that. It did not sound very positive to me.
Fair enough. I just figured it was worth clarifying that in the actual game, it is physically impossible to sail off the edge of the world as there is no edge of the world. But it's also true that the two Stevies may not know that! :eek:
ImageImage

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 292
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, so I'm all caught up now. Sorry for missing the party, but it was worth it; Sigur Ros is a fantastic band and they put on an absolutely amazing show.

Getting to read all of the posts straight in a row, I thought it was weird there was this sudden push out of nowhere for House early in the Day 0 period. Knowing that people have info, this could be a civvie push, but it easily also could have been a baddie push. If it was a baddie push, I thought BWT's flip flop on "discussion is good, why vote so early?" to "Well, I might as well vote early now" seemed a bit odd. Not sure if it was suspect, but it's something. If it was a civvie push, then I find it interesting Snow Dog tried to argue house, but maybe if he was a baddie trying to push a non-civvie option he wouldn't want to seem so obvious.

That being said, the logic for House does seem reasonable, so I can see why it has so many votes. As my vote doesn't matter at this point, I guess I'll go ahead and vote Bank, for three reasons: 1. to be individualistic (*mod edit*, sheep masses!), 2. while house makes sense, my gut is telling me there was this weird push for it right around the influx of the 2nd-5th votes for it, especially given there was still plenty of time for discussion (which makes me wonder if baddies either pushed it a bit or if they saw house was being pushed as logical and jumped right on the beginning of that train) and 3. because what good is a virtual universe if you don't have currency?

Ambray wrote:Woo game on! I promise not to put an early ending to this one for you Andrew. :yay:
Also, lol at this comment. Spongebob memories, good times.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, I'm a major idiot. I just cast my vote for House. LOL. Okay, well, seeing as though it doesn't matter, I guess I can go for that.

That's what I get for mafiaing on like 2 hours of sleep.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Triple post, sorry, but another line of logic I thought was a bit strange was that the House would protect us from NKs. That could very well be true, but FH seemed to indicate that enemies can possibly spawn inside the house as well, and wouldn't the house be cornering yourself then, in that regard?

Let's just hope I'm being paranoid and that, if this is a boon poll, the civvies were pushing this one.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Snow Dog »

MP...I din't argue for house. Or against it. i argued about the reasons others stated for voting it. I votes ship. I like ships.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I thought it was weird there was this sudden push out of nowhere for House early in the Day 0 period. Knowing that people have info, this could be a civvie push, but it easily also could have been a baddie push.
It's interesting that you perceive a push for the house. I saw a bunch of people vote for the house, but the strongest arguments trying to convince people to vote seemed to come from the Ship voters to me, particularly from Snow Dog. I guess both camps bear watching.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I thought it was weird there was this sudden push out of nowhere for House early in the Day 0 period. Knowing that people have info, this could be a civvie push, but it easily also could have been a baddie push.
It's interesting that you perceive a push for the house. I saw a bunch of people vote for the house, but the strongest arguments trying to convince people to vote seemed to come from the Ship voters to me, particularly from Snow Dog. I guess both camps bear watching.
I don't care who voted what. I have no info. I merely questioned the logic and reasons of the house voters.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ha...this is fun already. :bounce:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:MP...I din't argue for house. Or against it. i argued about the reasons others stated for voting it. I votes ship. I like ships.
That was my point. I was saying, if House is a civvie option, it could be seen that maybe you were trying to push for the baddie option, but then I asked why you would be that blatantly obvious about it by that point when it seemed house was going to win anyway.

Linki: I know you did question the logic, which is why I'm not sold on anything. It's just speculating. You did not seem to agree with house and your posts fall in line with that. What that means, I don't know, you could have info or you couldn't. But when Kate says people have info, then there has to be something to be gathered from how people voted and such.

thellama73 wrote:
Interesting point here. You're right, I didn't see a whole bunch of full-on convincing coming from house, but what I did see was a huge influx of votes for house, so it made me wonder when I read it through, especially with those early votes for it. Sometimes baddies don't even try to convince, they just come in and go, "Yeah, that makes sense, whatever" and vote accordingly. But if we're talking convincing, yeah, it seems ship is the option to watch there, if it turns out house is a civvie option.

I think it's all speculation until we find out (assuming we do) if the house option was beneficial or not. I just wanted to voice my opinion based on how I read it through just now, for whatever it's worth.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I guess anybody who says anything or argues anything early on is someone to view with suspicion right? After all what else is there to go on? I understand the eying of me no worries.

And MP third game in a row as a baddie? What are the chances?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:I guess anybody who says anything or argues anything early on is someone to view with suspicion right? After all what else is there to go on? I understand the eying of me no worries.

This seems awfully defensive, especially since I don't seem to be saying you are baddie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think it's really hard to deduce anything from anything yet. The house votes could be due to info, or they could be due to the fact that the host post listed house as the only option without a potentially negative consequence (which is what I suspect.)

I'm not accusing Snow Dog of anything. I just thought the vigor with which he questioned the logic of the house voters was noteworthy.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I guess anybody who says anything or argues anything early on is someone to view with suspicion right? After all what else is there to go on? I understand the eying of me no worries.

This seems awfully defensive, especially since I don't seem to be saying you are baddie.
It is not intended to be defensive. I am saying i understand your suspicions(only suspicions) and that chances are that YOU are not a baddie this time.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:I think it's really hard to deduce anything from anything yet. The house votes could be due to info, or they could be due to the fact that the host post listed house as the only option without a potentially negative consequence (which is what I suspect.)

I'm not accusing Snow Dog of anything. I just thought the vigor with which he questioned the logic of the house voters was noteworthy.
That questioning led to the info that there would be no "Night 0" which was handy to no. I'm glad you think I have vigor. :)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:I think it's really hard to deduce anything from anything yet. The house votes could be due to info, or they could be due to the fact that the host post listed house as the only option without a potentially negative consequence (which is what I suspect.)

You're exactly right and I'm not either. I agree with you that it was noteworthy. Suspicious? Not necessarily. But noteworthy, sure.

Although I did find his last response pingy, I do understand his POV, and it's something that ticks me off in games too and that's -- regardless of whether you're civvie or baddie -- but if you're an active player, especially if contribute theories, suspicions, etc., you do tend to get eyed more, especially in the early stages of the game, and you do tend to be an NK target more as well (because you might be onto something or baddies might see you as a threat). So I get his frustration. But I don't think anyone is accusing him. I wasn't and I know you weren't, so it still feels like an overreaction.

Again, pretty much all speculation, but that's what mafia always is, right?

Hold on, linki with Snow Dog
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

damn....spelt "know" wrong.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

It is not intended to be defensive. I am saying i understand your suspicions(only suspicions) and that chances are that YOU are not a baddie this time.
Okay, thank you. But I was also saying, literally everyone has the same odds of being placed into a civvie or baddie role, just that the baddie roles are obviously of a lesser chance (something you recognize). Even though it would be interesting for me to be a baddie three times in a row, that occurrence is just as likely as anyone else being baddie, if we're going strictly by odds.

It's strange, though, and I find myself even occasionally being restricted in mafia by the condition you're showing here. Juliets, for example, I tend to naturally read as civvie-minded, even when I know there's an equal odd both ways. I have played many more games with her as civvie than baddie and for some reason, when in lack of any other read based on the current thread, I probably tend to read her intentions as more likely to be good. I've been trying to avoid this, and I think it's imperative that we all do the same.

There's a difference between that and clearly recognizing when someone is executing aspects of their baddie game, and those aspects are clearly baddie-rooted. Kate called me out pretty well in the previous speed game. So I think it's a fine line between using past games' reads as a guideline and using only the evidence in THIS current game only.

Again, speculation, and I'm clearly rambling.

Snow Dog wrote:

That questioning led to the info that there would be no "Night 0" which was handy to no. I'm glad you think I have vigor. :)
You do, and I'm glad to see you've developed your style the way you have. I admire an active, outward player because it takes balls to go out in the thread and put yourself out there, for reasons I previously stated. I find that I win less games than people tend to think I do because I do tend to be that way, assuming I have the available free time to do so.

Speaking of free time, I am certainly low on it (to the point I restrict myself, anyway, which is explains why I am currently here), because my test is next Wednesday and work is a bit busier, so I doubt I'll be back much (if at all) before the poll is over. Here's hoping for good results with house!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I admire an active, outward player because it takes balls to go out in the thread and put yourself out there, for reasons I previously stated. I find that I win less games than people tend to think I do because I do tend to be that way, assuming I have the available free time to do so.
Well said. I appreciate that the three of us tend to have an active play style and it annoys me as well that it so often leads to targeting. I certainly take play style into consideration, and try to avoid punishing people for participating and making the game fun.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
It's strange, though, and I find myself even occasionally being restricted in mafia by the condition you're showing here. Juliets, for example, I tend to naturally read as civvie-minded, even when I know there's an equal odd both ways. I have played many more games with her as civvie than baddie and for some reason, when in lack of any other read based on the current thread, I probably tend to read her intentions as more likely to be good. I've been trying to avoid this, and I think it's imperative that we all do the same.
Move along, nothing to see here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I admire an active, outward player because it takes balls to go out in the thread and put yourself out there, for reasons I previously stated. I find that I win less games than people tend to think I do because I do tend to be that way, assuming I have the available free time to do so.
Well said. I appreciate that the three of us tend to have an active play style and it annoys me as well that it so often leads to targeting. I certainly take play style into consideration, and try to avoid punishing people for participating and making the game fun.
Well, if you compare an active player to a non active player, there is naturally going to be more of a chance that an active player will say something to warrant suspicion over a non active player. It doesn't automatically lead suspicion, though, just because a person posts more. It does happen a lot more often for a new player, of course, but once that player develops a "style" that can be observed a few times said person is less and less likely to be found suspicious while being talkative...if that makes any sense?
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I find these two comments by Snow Dog to be a little odd. I don't understand why they were even said tbh. The first one seems to have been said to put suspicion on MP. Then the 2nd seemed like a backtrack.
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I find these two comments by Snow Dog to be a little odd. I don't understand why they were even said tbh. The first one seems to have been said to put suspicion on MP. Then the 2nd seemed like a backtrack.
I never backtracked about anything as I have nothing to backtrack about.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:Its early so I read the Host post again. The Bank and Ship both seem to have been started and the Home just needs some expansion. Since the Home is finished it will have a door. From what I gather from others posts is that Zombies cannot enter through a door so again I am happy with my pick.

Pick what you will Snow but don't try and make me be unsafe by trying to convince me to pick the Ship or Bank.
So you think if we expand the home there will be no NK tonight? And I am not trying to convince you of anything. I don't care at all what you choose. I just question voting house under the pretext that we don't already have a home and that we are unprotected.
I know SVS already told you that Day 0's are quite common but Night 0's I have seen only once.
No, I never said expanding the Home would stop the NK. Where do you get that from?
Where did I say that we didn't have a home? I didn't vote under any of the pretext you have laid out. I voted for the actual reason I stated - yah know in my vote post. :)
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:Its early so I read the Host post again. The Bank and Ship both seem to have been started and the Home just needs some expansion. Since the Home is finished it will have a door. From what I gather from others posts is that Zombies cannot enter through a door so again I am happy with my pick.

Pick what you will Snow but don't try and make me be unsafe by trying to convince me to pick the Ship or Bank.
So you think if we expand the home there will be no NK tonight? And I am not trying to convince you of anything. I don't care at all what you choose. I just question voting house under the pretext that we don't already have a home and that we are unprotected.
I know SVS already told you that Day 0's are quite common but Night 0's I have seen only once.
No, I never said expanding the Home would stop the NK. Where do you get that from?
Where did I say that we didn't have a home? I didn't vote under any of the pretext you have laid out. I voted for the actual reason I stated - yah know in my vote post. :)
I know you didn't say it. Which is why I asked the question. :)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I thought you stated you questioned my vote under the pretext that we didn't have a home. I never said that which is why I am confused.

I now do not understand what you meant by the "pretext" stuff.
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:I thought you stated you questioned my vote under the pretext that we didn't have a home. I never said that which is why I am confused.

Well you did say that bat first but never mind. As I said. I wasn't questioning you in particular. It was a query to all house voters. It really doesn't matter. I thought people may have misread the host post that is all.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by blindfaeth »

reywaS wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Well, if you compare an active player to a non active player, there is naturally going to be more of a chance that an active player will say something to warrant suspicion over a non active player. It doesn't automatically lead suspicion, though, just because a person posts more. It does happen a lot more often for a new player, of course, but once that player develops a "style" that can be observed a few times said person is less and less likely to be found suspicious while being talkative...if that makes any sense?
Eh maybe. But I find that the more you talk the more you are in the spotlight and the more people can microanalyze your posts. People who post more get more attention because you see their posts that much more often :shrug:
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 50

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

I voted house based on my experience with playing the game of Minecraft. If you ask anybody who plays it what you should do first when you start up a new game, the answer will always be to find some sort of shelter.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:I thought you stated you questioned my vote under the pretext that we didn't have a home. I never said that which is why I am confused.

Well you did say that bat first but never mind. As I said. I wasn't questioning you in particular. It was a query to all house voters. It really doesn't matter. I thought people may have misread the host post that is all.

No. No I never said that at first (or bat first).
Either way you trying to shove words down my post.
Please do not insinuate that I meant and posted something when I did not. :)
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:I voted house based on my experience with playing the game of Minecraft. If you ask anybody who plays it what you should do first when you start up a new game, the answer will always be to find some sort of shelter.
Which we already have. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Hmmmmm....quite a bit of posting since one of the more active posters has gotten back from his concert. And no, I'm not incredibly jealous of it. What are you talking about? :stare:

The part of the back-and-forth between MP and Snow Dog that stands out the most to me is this:

[quote="Snow Dog"I guess anybody who says anything or argues anything early on is someone to view with suspicion right? After all what else is there to go on? I understand the eying of me no worries.

And MP third game in a row as a baddie? What are the chances?[/quote]

To me, this could come off as one of two ways. Either Snow Dog is being a bit OoT here (that's not quite the word I'm looking for here because idk how OoT you can be on Day 0, but it's the best word I can think of besides "defensive") or he's judging MP too much based on how his first 2 games with MP have gone. While some people do certainly have certain playing/posting styles, I try not to read too much into it from game to game. Granted, there are certain people where I will look at every little thing they say and put it under a microscope every game to determine if they are civvie or baddie. But I think people are more than capable of changing their playing style from game to game in enough ways that behavior in past games can be irrelevant. And really, as each of us plays more and more, I think we can all see gradual changes over time in how we've refined, adapted, or even changed the way we play mafia.

Tl;dr: Only one little thing Snow Dog's said has pinged me, it's not much to go on, and better to judge people based on current game than past games IMO.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Only one little thing Snow Dog's said has pinged me, it's not much to go on, and better to judge people based on current game than past games IMO.
I totally agree. It's hard not to be influenced by the manipulative monsters who tricked me in the last game, but I try hard not to let those feelings color my vote, as we all should. That's why I'm dreading Day 1. It's so hard to choose for whom to vote based on so little.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

True. You never said it but implied it.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Only one little thing Snow Dog's said has pinged me, it's not much to go on, and better to judge people based on current game than past games IMO.
I totally agree. It's hard not to be influenced by the manipulative monsters who tricked me in the last game, but I try hard not to let those feelings color my vote, as we all should. That's why I'm dreading Day 1. It's so hard to choose for whom to vote based on so little.
Indeed. But the good news is we still have about 28 1/2 hours to decide on who to vote for. And we have some pretty good discussion so far. So as long as that continues, I think we will be able to narrow down more possibilities as to who would make for good vote choices.

Once today is over however, I know I will want to take some time to go back and look over the initial discussions from today's vote. I think there are some things I've read but haven't quite absorbed yet and that will definitely help me. Especially if some visible effect is noticed from today's vote.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

The discussion about active players is a pretty interesting one, I think. As I said last game, I'm against voting no-shows really early in case they haven't checked in. That said, reywaS point about saying anything giving you a higher chance of getting suspicion made me think, it's not really fair to active players. I guess the only way to compensate is for everyone to agree to gradually look more closely at no-shows as time goes by?

Anyway, I know last game I occasionally refrained from posting things I thought would draw suspicion, or even posting non-essential things. That was partly for my own sake (I could avoid a lynch but not an NK, so I wanted to get baddies without drawing their attention) and partly for the other civvies, so they wouldn't waste time talking about me when they needed to be getting baddies. If something seemed really important I said it, of course. Just saying that these thoughts have affected my play.

I'm interested to see how the poll turns out. For the record, I think if there was a house push it must have been civvie led because of sheer number of votes. People here don't strike me as trusting or gullible enough to go for a baddie push on day 0 in such large numbers
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29

Post by indiglo »

thellama73 wrote:

I feel the same way. I didn't feel anyone was pushing House, but I did feel like I saw people coming up with all kinds of reasons to vote differently. In fact, there were a couple of posts that made me feel extra good about voting House.

But I agree that both camps likely do bear watching. (I hope they do it at a distance and just use binoculars though... it can be really dangerous to watch bears too close up. Image Thank you! I'll be here all night!)
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

True. You never said it but implied it.
Stop it! I never even implied it!
Pull the quote please.
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:Got a busy day ahead of me at The National Zoo so I need to vote now.

Glad there was some discussion and I am picking Home. I do not want to be outside for the Zombies to find. Nothing better than being home and sleeping in your own bed.

Happy Monday all! <3
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

To add to the "active" player discussion - I do not buy it . I am far from active and never a top poster yet I am often lynched or NK'ed early.
It happens to us all in games. You cannot win them all every time, and just b/c you post a lot does not necessarily equate to suspicions.
At least not for me.

Linky - Snow Dog. We needed to choose House, Bank or Ship. I choose House so I would not be outside available for Zombie munching. That does not say no house exists, no ship exists, no bank exists. It says I voted House so I can be safe and not outside. Way to twist my words into a knot! :)
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:To add to the "active" player discussion - I do not buy it . I am far from active and never a top poster yet I am often lynched or NK'ed early.
It happens to us all in games. You cannot win them all every time, and just b/c you post a lot does not necessarily equate to suspicions.
At least not for me.

Linky - Snow Dog. We needed to choose House, Bank or Ship. I choose House so I would not be outside available for Zombie munching. That does not say no house exists, no ship exists, no bank exists. It says I voted House so I can be safe and not outside. Way to twist my words into a knot! :)
Stop this now. I twisted nothing as everyone can observe. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

:huh:
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I am a bit surprised by the vehemence of Roxy's reaction to Snow Dog. To me, the point he is trying to make is obvious. They certainly seem to be at each other's throats this game.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”