Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 55

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 0

Post by Jack Shephard »

Perhaps the best thing to do is be mindful not to use common mafia lingo such as baddie, civvie, etc. I wonder if there's any chance for clarification on what words are within the realm of possibility. I would naturally imagine that prepositions and articles would not be allowed to be chosen as the magic word, for example.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

I hope today finds our lovely host much improved!

I'm glad that our tables are all full :fiesta:
Assault
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:Dilan Bluemoss would like to observe that the Google Translate method, in addition to being clumsy and cumbersome, will do little to prevent Rumpelstiltskin from carrying out his mandate, as he can simply select a frequently used morpheme from whatever dialect is being employed. Unpredictability is the key.
I disagree that this precludes foreign languages. We could easily choose one at the beginning of each day period, after he's sent his PM but before saying anything else that could make it work. However, it is possible that option would hinder discussion, which is a legitimate concern. I don't really see a no-risk option, as simply ignoring his power risks him potentially running lynches himself.

If only we had Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Rings... :sigh:
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Chuck »

I'm not sure how I feel about using foreign languages. But then again, that might just be my laziness speaking. If someone can find a language that filters fairly well through Google Translate or some other online translator, then I would be willing to try it.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Paul Stevens »

I suspect our illustrious hosts will not look kindly upon any efforts to circumvent the little bugger's power in any case. I'm inclined to just play the cards we're dealt.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:Perhaps the best thing to do is be mindful not to use common mafia lingo such as baddie, civvie, etc. I wonder if there's any chance for clarification on what words are within the realm of possibility. I would naturally imagine that prepositions and articles would not be allowed to be chosen as the magic word, for example.
I like this, as well as trying to stretch vocabulary; languages will be harder for people posting on phones, for instance, and translator drift is also a problem, nuance will be lost and sometimes nuance is very important.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
Dilan Bluemoss wrote:Dilan Bluemoss would like to observe that the Google Translate method, in addition to being clumsy and cumbersome, will do little to prevent Rumpelstiltskin from carrying out his mandate, as he can simply select a frequently used morpheme from whatever dialect is being employed. Unpredictability is the key.
I disagree that this precludes foreign languages. We could easily choose one at the beginning of each day period, after he's sent his PM but before saying anything else that could make it work. However, it is possible that option would hinder discussion, which is a legitimate concern. I don't really see a no-risk option, as simply ignoring his power risks him potentially running lynches himself.

If only we had Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Rings... :sigh:
That reminds me of, "A Christmas Story" :haha: I love that movie
Fractal
sprityo
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ben Linus »

The Purple Sea Elves have a question for our hosts that we believe is fair and not out of the bounds of reasonableness.

Is Rumplestilkskin allowed to choose a proper name, such as that of one of the players?

If the answer comes back in the affirmative or if no answer is given, I would recommend that we try to refrain from referring to each other directly by name whenever possible.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Very good question
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Grimm's Polls

Post by Roxy »

Day 0

Which Table will you sit at?

You may select 1 option

Table of Love 6

Dierdre Wonderbird (5), Caillic Lustroushair (6), Miyuki Lovelymoth (8), Jorhan Poisondart (12), Gobnait Gingeruite (19), Dallon Redwarlock (21) Etain Royalskull (29)

Table of Happiness 10

Dilan Bluemoss (4), Grutfud Orangesprite (10), Fane Winebattle (14), Eurolyvn Blissfulone (15), Mainchin Ironbeast (20), Laine Crystalsteam (22), Anchorete Playfulure (24), Finnian Metalfox (25), Izett Cruelsinger (27), Ameerah Frolicstag (28)

Table of Peace 7

Shand Azureye (9), Bac Wunderelin (13), Queran Gloomsoul (16), Bronwyn Mightyfeet (17), Lyel Lambboat (18), Carmen Brightsun (23), Gaerwen Gleamingrace (26)

On the Floor/Hosts/Nons 5

Roxy (1), bea (2), MovingPictures07 (3), insertnamehere (7), S~V~S (11)
Total votes : 29
;)
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

There was a maginficent banquet full of plentiful food and libatious libations. There were also charger plates and pretty napkins and very tasteful centerpieces. Everyone had a fantastic time getting to know one another but there was still a small tickle in the back of many people's brains that some of their fellow guests were up to no good. As the party was winding down, the hosts made an announcement. "We have invited people to help us capture the evoldoers in this land, but we have also invited the known evoldoers as well to make our hunting a little easier. As such, it is your responsibility to find them. Do what you must to make sure that each day the right person comes to justice."

If you voted to sit at the Peace table, You must vote for someone at the Love table.
If you voted to sit at the Love table, You must vote for someone at the Happiness table.
If you voted to sit at the Happiness table, You must vote for someone at the Peace table.

Etain Royalskull has been assigned to the Love table.

Rhinfrew Flowinggrass was caught trying to steal wine from the host table and has been put to death.

You have 48 hours to cast your vote. Poll ends Wed. at 6:00 PM EST.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:The Purple Sea Elves have a question for our hosts that we believe is fair and not out of the bounds of reasonableness.

Is Rumplestilkskin allowed to choose a proper name, such as that of one of the players?

If the answer comes back in the affirmative or if no answer is given, I would recommend that we try to refrain from referring to each other directly by name whenever possible.
Please no more questions about Rumplestiltskin's Ability.

Trust me no regular words nor names proper or otherwise will be used.
;)
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 1

Post by Ben Linus »

Dilan Bluemoss apologizes to the hosts for asking too many questions and looks forward to hunting evildoers and driving them from the realm with their tails between their legs.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Dilan - I do not mind questions at all. :)

I just didn't want you or anyone else to worry over Rumples' ability.
;)
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I hope some lovely person can post who sat at what table? pretty please
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:I hope some lovely person can post who sat at what table? pretty please
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149&p=19328#p19328
We have made a separate thread that will have the polls for you mafia gaming pleasure. :)
;)
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

Woot game's started! :)
Management
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

So numerically, Happiness holds the cards here with ten voters. It is going to be difficult in the extreme to lynch someone with a consensus vote with this system.

Beauteous Hostladies: Is there a consequence for not voting? Would ties be pleasing or displeasing to our Great & Merciful Overladies?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

I don't want to vote for any of my jolly friends, but if I must. Those evildoers shall not defeat us :slick:
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Management
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Thanks for the chart, Shand Azureye.

A death already? Wow! This is exciting stuff. Let's hope it was a baddie :)
To be recycled
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

Yeah thanks for the chart shand, very helpful, amd a great use of photoshop, very creative!!! And HOMER!!! :D

Not much has happened to make me vote anyone yet, hopefully that will change soon.

Roxy your posts are awesome!
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

@lovely hosts when we lynch someone will their role be revealed even if they are not currently listed?
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:So numerically, Happiness holds the cards here with ten voters. It is going to be difficult in the extreme to lynch someone with a consensus vote with this system.

Beauteous Hostladies: Is there a consequence for not voting? Would ties be pleasing or displeasing to our Great & Merciful Overladies?
I think you know this answer. :feb:
Yes ofc there are consequences if you do not vote.

I will tell everyone now if you do not vote you will be unable to use your ability at night.

Ties are no prob. I do not know how Bea feels about them though.

Lyel Lambboat wrote:@lovely hosts when we lynch someone will their role be revealed even if they are not currently listed?
Yes ofc! :dance:
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

A friend has nicely pointed out some of my posts sound a biit snappy along with some of PM's. If I seem snappy at all I apologize as it is deffo not my intent. I think my pain meds make me that way.
Please forgive this old Host <3
;)
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

It's ok Rox. Most important thing is for you to feel better.

I don't have any ideas yet for suspects at the Love table. I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a little trouble here at the beginning keeping straight which person is saying what because all the names are unfamiliar as well as being a mouthful. Hopefully that will change as we go through this first day.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:It's ok Rox. Most important thing is for you to feel better.

I don't have any ideas yet for suspects at the Love table. I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a little trouble here at the beginning keeping straight which person is saying what because all the names are unfamiliar as well as being a mouthful. Hopefully that will change as we go through this first day.
I am glad I am not the only one.

Thank you for the visual of the seating chart.

Roxy...pain meds are your friend....snap away

I haven't seen much in the way of suspicion yet~
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Love the twist to the day one poll! This will making voting very interesting indeed!
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Well, this is kind of interesting how we are mandated to vote for a particular table. I don't have much in the way of suspicion, the only ping I've had so far whatsoever was Izett saying she didn't know how the hosts would handle rumples role but she thought it probably wouldn't matter how it was treated. I got the feeling it was possible she knew it because it was her role or the role of her teammate, I'm sure that's a question the mafia would have asked the hostesses to elaborate on for them privately. I can totally see this being a completely innocent attempt to be helpful as well however, what do others think?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Dallon, if you're referring to when she said she'd probably count a word whether it was scrunched or not, that didn't ping me particularly. It just kind of seemed like speculating on what she'd do if she were host.

I was a bit pinged by Caillic saying he won't even try to circumvent Rumplestiltskin's power; it seems like that would be in the civs' best interests. However, it did seem like he said that because he was worried about host repercussions. I doubt it would merit a vote even if I could vote for him, but I'll have an eye on him in any case.

It seems like someone from the Table of Peace is statistically likely to die, given the high number of Happiness votes. Maybe we should discuss some of them so we can hopefully get a baddie from there? Of course, if everyone feels really really strongly about someone from another table, we could try to get a unanimous vote and have the Happiness voters split their votes, but it's Day 1 so I personally doubt a unanimous lynch candidate will show up.

Fane Winebattle wrote: That reminds me of, "A Christmas Story" :haha: I love that movie
Oh, and one more thing! When does this poll end?

Fane, I'm really glad someone got my reference! :D
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

I don't have any particular suspicions from the Table of Peace, so I would welcome any input from you, my Gargoyle friend.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Gobnait, I noticed in the hosts post they said the poll would end 6:00 pm Eastern time on Wednesday.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Larry David »

I don't have any particular suspicions period! :P
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Apologies for my short absence - I was indisposed and unable to get here. Roxy, good to see you are okay after your accident! :hugs:

Interesting lynch poll twist! I voted Table of Happiness and must choose one of the Table of Peace voters - Shand Azureye Bac Wunderelin Queran Gloomsoul Bronwyn Mightyfeet Lyel Lambboat Carmen Brightsun Gaerwen Gleamingrace - I don't have any opinions on these peeps yet, so will take a bit of time and read their posts.

Back later!

Also, just wanted to advise that I will be a bit sporadic for a few days yet - but I am still playing :daisy:
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Chuck »

Thanks for the chart, Shand! I think that will be very helpful for me since I'm used to going through and looking at people's avatars to identify who is who.

Unfortunately, I don't have much of a read on anyone from the Love Table right now. I will have to go back and reread to see what I find.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Yeah, I have no idea. I have to keep another tab open to see who it is sitting at the Love table. Certainly, I have no inclination to place a ballot for one as opposed to another.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

I will have to observe and report my thoughts on the people at the Love table before I make a decision to vote. But all in good time. For now, in customary Moonlit Kracken Fashion, I will silently brood.
Supervisor
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 57
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I don't have anything to go on right now. Homer Simpson is making me nervous though.

Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:Well, this is kind of interesting how we are mandated to vote for a particular table. I don't have much in the way of suspicion, the only ping I've had so far whatsoever was Izett saying she didn't know how the hosts would handle rumples role but she thought it probably wouldn't matter how it was treated. I got the feeling it was possible she knew it because it was her role or the role of her teammate, I'm sure that's a question the mafia would have asked the hostesses to elaborate on for them privately. I can totally see this being a completely innocent attempt to be helpful as well however, what do others think?
Sometimes, when I am playing a bad person, I ask a host a question in advance so I know what they will say and then ask it again in the thread in order to give this very appearance. And when I am playing an innocent, I just ask in the thread, so yeah, it could go either way. I will say that Izett is not someone I can vote for, but you are. And since I see your point, I will not be voting for you becasue you are trying to root out evil, and that gives me a nice warm civilian feel in my tummy (although if you confess or acted outrageously suspicious, well, that would negate this, plus it isn't really a vow or an oath, just an extended observation, you understand).

I am most likely to vote for the lowest posting person at the Love table, barring that confession or outrageously suspicious behavior.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I'm also likely to vote the lowest poster from the Love table unless something makes me suspicious during the day tomorrow which may very well happen. I believe there is someone sitting at the Love table who has not posted at all in the thread, Royalskull so s/he won't appear on the list. I hate defaulting to low poster so I hope something comes up tomorrow but just in case, that is my plan.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

It will be difficult choosing a happy person to vote. Everyone is on their best behavior. :sigh:
Assault
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:
Dallon Redwarlock wrote:Well, this is kind of interesting how we are mandated to vote for a particular table. I don't have much in the way of suspicion, the only ping I've had so far whatsoever was Izett saying she didn't know how the hosts would handle rumples role but she thought it probably wouldn't matter how it was treated. I got the feeling it was possible she knew it because it was her role or the role of her teammate, I'm sure that's a question the mafia would have asked the hostesses to elaborate on for them privately. I can totally see this being a completely innocent attempt to be helpful as well however, what do others think?
Sometimes, when I am playing a bad person, I ask a host a question in advance so I know what they will say and then ask it again in the thread in order to give this very appearance. And when I am playing an innocent, I just ask in the thread, so yeah, it could go either way. I will say that Izett is not someone I can vote for, but you are. And since I see your point, I will not be voting for you becasue you are trying to root out evil, and that gives me a nice warm civilian feel in my tummy (although if you confess or acted outrageously suspicious, well, that would negate this, plus it isn't really a vow or an oath, just an extended observation, you understand).

I am most likely to vote for the lowest posting person at the Love table, barring that confession or outrageously suspicious behavior.
Dallon is correct in what I was saying. I have hosted many times and it is what I would do if I was a host. I can see how you would think otherwise, but I assure you it is not the case.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Wow, this game is tough on a phone!
Dilan Bluemoss wrote:I don't have any particular suspicions from the Table of Peace, so I would welcome any input from you, my Gargoyle friend.
Dilan, I don't have any strong suspicions of anyone there yet. I think that Shand, Bac, and Bronwyn, and to a lesser degree Gaerwen, have all made helpful contributions so far, so I have slightly civ reads on them for now. If I hadto vote for a Peace player I'd choose one of the other three. Just on gut I feel least good about Carmen, but it's only Day 1 so gut still has a lot of potential to be wrong.

Speaking of it being Day 1, I am, as always, very against voting no-shows, or even low posters. First of all, some people take longer to get into the game or may not have noticed it's on. Secondly and more importantly, our wonderful hostesses seem to have already demonstrated their willingness to kill non-participants. I'd give people another day, and if they're voting and not posting and not mod killed I think it would be safe to assume they're laying low at that point. That's just me though
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

I random voted anchorete. not much time to concentrate on this tonight or tomorrow morning.
Reporting
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I'm not sure how I feel about the discussion about Rumpel's ability. The concern is genuine, and he and his team can wreck havoc if we let him go unchecked with his magic words. On the other hand, people who first brought it up could very easily have been using it as a ruse to make us believe they are not part of the evil gang. I'm also confused about the suggestions brought up, speakinglikethis, or in a different language and using google translate. On the one hand, they could be genuine suggestions from helpful townies, or knowing how Rumpel's ability works they could just be ways of making it difficult for townies to discuss suspicions in the thread. Right now, I'm tending towards not considering either side of the argument as overly suspicious, but I will be keeping an eye on those who seemed to subtly oppose the proposed workarounds against Rumpel.

With that said, I don't know who I will vote for today. I don't want to put a random vote, or pick a low-poster, if at all possible. But that will be my last resort.

Ugh day 1. :(
Management
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Lunatella »

I know some people hate the idea, but I may just cast a random vote from the Table of Peace. I will look through their posts first to get some idea who I'm voting for.
Lunalee
nutella
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I am voting for the lowest poster from Love, Jorhan. One post.
Shand Azureye wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about the discussion about Rumpel's ability. The concern is genuine, and he and his team can wreck havoc if we let him go unchecked with his magic words. On the other hand, people who first brought it up could very easily have been using it as a ruse to make us believe they are not part of the evil gang. I'm also confused about the suggestions brought up, speakinglikethis, or in a different language and using google translate. On the one hand, they could be genuine suggestions from helpful townies, or knowing how Rumpel's ability works they could just be ways of making it difficult for townies to discuss suspicions in the thread. Right now, I'm tending towards not considering either side of the argument as overly suspicious, but I will be keeping an eye on those who seemed to subtly oppose the proposed workarounds against Rumpel.

With that said, I don't know who I will vote for today. I don't want to put a random vote, or pick a low-poster, if at all possible. But that will be my last resort.

Ugh day 1. :(
I think having conversation regarding how to foil an evildoer is an outstanding activity. Some of the potential solutions may be unworkable, but some may not. Saying that putting forth possible solutions may be a nefarious activity raises my hackles. Pixies have hackles, you know, Tiny little hackles.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Dilan Bluemoss posts his current observations of the members of the Peace Table for all to read and enjoy:

Bac: Has been very forthcoming and helpful thus far, creating the first seating chart and offering lots of ideas
Shand: Created the more visual seating charts, which was very helpful, but Bac has a point about his criticism of attempts to thwart Rumplestiltskin.
Bronwyn: Has presented himself as rather confused and hapless, which could equally be a sincere reaction to an admittedly confusing sock game, or a calculated ploy.
Carmen: Has posted virtually nothing, and certainly nothing of substance for us to go on.
Queran: Despite a rather spotty history between the Krackens and the Sea Elves, Queran has been generally helpful and complimentary so far. His ideas have struck me as good ones.
Gaerwen: I don't know how we are supposed o trust Forbidden Puppet Magicians (indeed, a more evil combination of words can hardly be conceived) but nothing Gaerwen has done yet arouses any suspicions.
Lyel: Has been very quiet, asking one host question and not yet contributing much of substance. This could be attributable to the Giants' general lack of verbal skills, however.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

EBWOP: Many apologies to Bronwyn, whom I now notice is female, not male.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

The Purple Sea Elves have held a vote and have decided to cast our ballot for Bronwyn Mightyfeet, Vicerine of the Yellow Gypsies. Lyel and Carmen should be advised that their names were mentioned as well and we would very much like to hear more from them in the future.

Return to “Previous Jobs”