Aka: BradLand

Re: Jestermania [DAY 0]

Post by Lime Coke »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:26 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:14 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:09 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:08 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:05 am
LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:56 am I mean it's fair. I see why you town read them. I just think it's a little too focused on one thing.
And from the way I see it Jester is more a threat to Mafia since they want the Jester alive for protection from Cop, but not lynched because they lose.
They also just happen to be in the best position to actually know if someone is a Jester or not, so I'm thinking a focus on the Jester seems a bit more likely to come from Mafia.
Depends on how people play as 3P. I've seen players try to townside or just fuck around and be a circus act.
Also feels like it could suck for town, because like you're pointing out now, it's a distraction as well. The jester gets the attention, mafia could choose to either hide in the background or partake to blend in.
Literally just a chaotic role.
I feel like one of you is Maf, tho I'm unsure who atm
What makes you think this?
The way you both interact...it just feels...off?

Anyways,

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

He's prolly Godfather
But why one in that case?
I think we've had a total of maybe 3 posts directed at each other combined.
And if it's off I'd be more incline to think SvS than SvT since it's hard to have a conversation that feels off but not realyl directed at anyone in particular with it being TvS.
I just don't get how there's a difference between this and-
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:45 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:21 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:18 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:13 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:05 pm Or I guess put another way, if I were mafia I’d want the coo around to help assure the jester is found for mutually assured protection
Don't mafia lose if jester is found and misyeeted?
Yes, but like identifying the jester should still be a priority for mafia too. If the cop red checks the jester, mafia can sit back and do damage control for a time and the impetus is on the group as a whole to take a shot on lynching that red check or not. And mafia can just NK the jester on their own time.
the problem with a red check in this game is that you can't actually risk chopping the red check unless you're incredibly sure it's the goon and not the jester. So a red check here basically is: we now have to determine if this is a wolf or the jester, and if that determination can't be made then the check might as well not exist OTHER than it allows us to "freeze" said player out of the game. which I guess might be good?
Correct. So either the cop withholds their red checks until they get 2 or they only reveal green checks? Though even then The Godfather is part of the that so it’s not clearing.

Hence, I think the cop is more scum sided in this setup
kinda yeah.
This
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Re: Jestermania [DAY 1]

Post by Dolby »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:45 am And honestly reading over Dolby's posts they seem pretty focused on the Jester and Jester fearmongering.
I feel, personally, the Mafia are going to be far more worried of the Jester and alert for it. After all they are only looking for indications someone might be trying to scumside.
Town meanwhile are trying to find the difference between Mafia scummy behavior and Jester scummy behavior.
Dolby wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:50 pm LP's entrance seems most stilted but that doesn't mean anything at this point

naa unironically not a jester imo, idk skimming P#17 seems to on the nose for jester kinda

marmot following HK's 24 with 25, kinda scummy but maybe in a jestery way
Like this early reads in particular.

It sounds like stilted in this context is trying to be used to insinuate that I am a Jester trying to act natural.
They say NAA isn't Jester, but also sounds like Jester.
And Marmot is Jestery.

None of these are Town reads, and at least 2 of them are directly related to Jester and none of them even mention Mafia.
This comes across as someone who is way too hyperfocused on the Jester. Combined with what I noticed about their odd request for Cop to basically sit this game out and not participate I do not like them at all so far.
I don't think this is Jester either. this seems like Mafia trying to get Town to focus on Jester as a distraction.
these are real reads but I wanted to make jester reads only right then bc haha jester game

mech is blah blah just end it quickly, get your piece in, leave, don't let it become a distraction or a mafia "content" grab
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

LP is not jester
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:45 am And honestly reading over Dolby's posts they seem pretty focused on the Jester and Jester fearmongering.
I feel, personally, the Mafia are going to be far more worried of the Jester and alert for it. After all they are only looking for indications someone might be trying to scumside.
Town meanwhile are trying to find the difference between Mafia scummy behavior and Jester scummy behavior.
Dolby wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:50 pm LP's entrance seems most stilted but that doesn't mean anything at this point

naa unironically not a jester imo, idk skimming P#17 seems to on the nose for jester kinda

marmot following HK's 24 with 25, kinda scummy but maybe in a jestery way
Like this early reads in particular.

It sounds like stilted in this context is trying to be used to insinuate that I am a Jester trying to act natural.
They say NAA isn't Jester, but also sounds like Jester.
And Marmot is Jestery.

None of these are Town reads, and at least 2 of them are directly related to Jester and none of them even mention Mafia.
This comes across as someone who is way too hyperfocused on the Jester. Combined with what I noticed about their odd request for Cop to basically sit this game out and not participate I do not like them at all so far.
I don't think this is Jester either. this seems like Mafia trying to get Town to focus on Jester as a distraction.
I feel like you’re being too nonchalant and taking the opposite approach of not worrying about the jester for the sake of finding cracker crumbs on a beach.

I would personally like to win and think the jester is very much something to look out for. As EA Sports would say: it’s in the game.

Also: “Town meanwhile are trying to find the difference between Mafia scummy behavior and Jester scummy behavior.”

How do you spot this distinction?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:56 am I mean it's fair. I see why you town read them. I just think it's a little too focused on one thing.
And from the way I see it Jester is more a threat to Mafia since they want the Jester alive for protection from Cop, but not lynched because they lose.
They also just happen to be in the best position to actually know if someone is a Jester or not, so I'm thinking a focus on the Jester seems a bit more likely to come from Mafia.
Ohhhh see ok. That does make sense.

I take back my last post. I think you’re town

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Depends on how people play as 3P. I've seen players try to townside or just fuck around and be a circus act.
Also feels like it could suck for town, because like you're pointing out now, it's a distraction as well. The jester gets the attention, mafia could choose to either hide in the background or partake to blend in.

Anyways,

He's prolly Godfather
:eye:
[VOTE: falcon] aubergine

Falcon could be jester.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Scotty slipping jester smh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:51 am Scotty slipping jester smh
I’ve already claimed not jester. Much like you’ve already claimed cop

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 57

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:38 am

Anyways,

He's prolly Godfather

Falcon could be jester.

Then why are you voting me?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:56 am

Anyways,

He's prolly Godfather

Falcon could be jester.

Because you’re trying too hard.

I think you look jestery. I’m not gonna vote for someone I think looks towny

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Huh. That makes me wonder if mafia might be trying to look the most towny and not jestery at all

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:11 am Huh. That makes me wonder if mafia might be trying to look the most towny and not jestery at all
inb4 BuT tHAtS aLl MaFiA sCoOtY

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Wait wait I take it back, I no longer think LP is towny

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Yeah I don’t think LP is ever jester here. She could be mafia tho

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:31 pm Falcon not a jester confirmed
I obviously rescind this

But my question to Lp still stands: how does one differentiate between mafia scummy and jester scummy?

I don’t think there’s a clear answer

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:25 am which means the jester wants to be wolfy enough that the wolves won't NK them and not so wolfy that they're obvs the jester. That should narrow things down significantly. I think.

Also means wolves are more likely to claim jester tbh given that nobody actually wants to chop the jester here.

Also also means townies are less likely to claim jester. I think
What if…wolves might want to appear as level headed and towny as possible.

OR OR

maybe just godfather specifically. So when they get checked by cop they’ll be green.

And maybe the goon is claiming jester to blend in if they get copped

Checkmate

hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by hollowkatt »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:27 am
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:25 am which means the jester wants to be wolfy enough that the wolves won't NK them and not so wolfy that they're obvs the jester. That should narrow things down significantly. I think.

Also means wolves are more likely to claim jester tbh given that nobody actually wants to chop the jester here.

OR OR

maybe just godfather specifically. So when they get checked by cop they’ll be green.

Checkmate
scotty is town
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws

Scotty is almost always jester lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:38 am Scotty is almost always jester lol
cop him then
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:10 am

Anyways,

He's prolly Godfather

Falcon could be jester.

You think I'm trying? Huh.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Claimed jester:
Marmot
NAA
Wilgy
HK (more below)

Not claimed jester:
Nook (though he technically did, it came off as more of a joke. He started by saying he was not a jester)
LP (is the Joker’s best friend, and {probably} jokingly started the game by saying they’d help the jester to win)
Me
Dolby (4) (hasn’t even joked about claiming jester)
Falcon (acting with illogic and ironically hasn’t claimed jester)
LC (made a jestery first post, but is adamantly denying making a jester claim)

Of those that have claimed jester, I’m more suspicious of HK after my brief ISO.
He starts by posting a picture of a catty-looking jester (or a jestery-looking cat, what have you) and coming out swinging by saying we should chip everyone that hasn’t claimed jester. A bold statement considering his later post:
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:23 am oh fun we're playing with legit OP Jester.
I don’t believe HK hadn’t read that portion of the game before dishing out lynch advice. This thought feels insincere

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:27 am

OR OR

Checkmate
This is what trying too hard looks like, IMO
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Why are so many of my posts italicized?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:42 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:10 am

Anyways,

He's prolly Godfather

Falcon could be jester.

You think I'm trying? Huh.

We need to stop quoting this quote because it’s bizarrely italicizing everything and I
Don’t
Know
Why

Do you uh...think the other people were claiming jester seriously?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:42 am Claimed jester:
Marmot
NAA
Wilgy
HK (more below)

Not claimed jester:
Nook (though he technically did, it came off as more of a joke. He started by saying he was not a jester)
LP (is the Joker’s best friend, and {probably} jokingly started the game by saying they’d help the jester to win)
Me

Of those that have claimed jester, I’m more suspicious of HK after my brief ISO.
He starts by posting a picture of a catty-looking jester (or a jestery-looking cat, what have you) and coming out swinging by saying we should chip everyone that hasn’t claimed jester. A bold statement considering his later post:
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:23 am oh fun we're playing with legit OP Jester.
I don’t believe HK hadn’t read that portion of the game before dishing out lynch advice. This thought feels insincere
Check out that enthusiasm
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:44 am Do you uh...think the other people were claiming jester seriously?
I’m just going on what people have literally claimed.
NAA is jester never rescinding
Wilgy looks to have seriously claimed jester
Marmot hasn’t *not* said he wasn’t serious about it in his 3 posts thus far
HK seems to be serious about it but hasn’t talked about it since D0.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:44 am
Marmot
NAA
Wilgy
HK (more below)

Not claimed jester:
Me

So because I’m trying too hard… I’m not catching your implication. Do I look wolf or jester to you?

hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

all my thoughts are insincere. Except the one calling scotty town.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I’d prefer to lynch in the list of people that haven’t claimed jester first tho, because
A) I think it less likely to hit an actual jester
B) i think a mafia (or both) are hiding in that list

I don’t believe that there are 2 mafia members between Marmot/Wilgy/NAA/HK

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:50 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:44 am Do you uh...think the other people were claiming jester seriously?
"Just going on what people have claimed except for nanook who I decided was joking"

Not even getting into how weird it is to treat jester claims as being serious to begin with
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:51 am
Marmot
NAA
Wilgy
HK (more below)

Not claimed jester:
Me

So because I’m trying too hard… I’m not catching your implication. Do I look wolf or jester to you?
I feel I made that clear last night?

Maf
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:56 am
"Just going on what people have claimed except for nanook who I decided was joking"

Not even getting into how weird it is to treat jester claims as being serious to begin with
As a method of blending or appearing untouchable, I see no reason they shouldn’t be seen as potentially strategic

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:59 am
Marmot
NAA
Wilgy
HK (more below)

Not claimed jester:
Me

Maf
Oh I figured that was a joke because you were making up your mind on which or LP or LC were wolf, so you voted me.

Was I trying too hard yesterday? This resembles voting for someone and then making up reasons later on why you went there

Hence, you could definitely be jester

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:56 am

Agreed
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

gonna call nanook and falcon town as well.

dolby absolutely can be a wolf
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws

Anyways
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:04 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:59 am
Marmot
NAA
Wilgy
HK (more below)

Not claimed jester:
Me

Maf
Oh I figured that was a joke because you were making up your mind on which or LP or LC were wolf, so you voted me.

Was I trying too hard yesterday? This resembles voting for someone and then making up reasons later on why you went there

Hence, you could definitely be jester
Nah, my vote on you is real.

And while I don't like the interaction between LC/LP and think one's a wolf, there's more than 1 wolf, and I might be wrong on LC/LP

Why does it feel as tho you're stuck on my LC/LP take?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:05 pm gonna call nanook and falcon town as well.

Something feels off about Dolby, agreed.

Why are you TR Nook & myself?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

POE of Dolby, Scotty & LP
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty, talk to me about LP
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:14 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:05 pm gonna call nanook and falcon town as well.

Something feels off about Dolby, agreed.

Why are you TR Nook & myself?
Nanook I have no good reasons other than to say he's decidedly having a good time with this and that feels townie to me. I tr you b/c i like the solving you're doing
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by LinearPoint »

The main reason I'm not really worried about the Jester is because the way I see it a good Jester will be indistinguishable from a Mafia Goon.
So we just cannot actually find the Jester and the only way to really guarantee someone is a Jester is for the Cop to check them and either the Goon dies or the GF claims to say they are the Jester.
Neither of those outcomes I'm particularly banking on, so really it's not like actively searching for the Jester will help and worrying about "they might be Jester" just will lead to a lot of tied votes or barely voted on lynches.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

And about the Jester claiming Jester.
I can tell you for a fact that I know some people here would unironically do that.
It especially helps like 4 people did it so it's easy to blend that joke in, but it's a personality thing.
Not all Jester players will do that and Jester as a whole is all about the psychological warfare of what would a Jester never do?
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:24 pm The main reason I'm not really worried about the Jester is because the way I see it a good Jester will be indistinguishable from a Mafia Goon.
So we just cannot actually find the Jester and the only way to really guarantee someone is a Jester is for the Cop to check them and either the Goon dies or the GF claims to say they are the Jester.
Neither of those outcomes I'm particularly banking on, so really it's not like actively searching for the Jester will help and worrying about "they might be Jester" just will lead to a lot of tied votes or barely voted on lynches.
Isn't a good Mafia Goon indistinguishable from a Vanilla Town?
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:29 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:24 pm The main reason I'm not really worried about the Jester is because the way I see it a good Jester will be indistinguishable from a Mafia Goon.
So at the end of the day everyone is Town.
The end.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:37 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:29 pm
So at the end of the day everyone is Town.
The end.
[VOTE: LP] aubergine
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

But legitimately. Do we worry heavily about if someone might be a Townie before we push them to be lynched?
Maybe a little, but does that stop us? No because if we worried about every single lynch being Town we'd never get anything done.
Jester is pretty much the same way only the stakes are a lot higher as instead of being at a disadvantage its a loss.
Lynching a Jester should realistically just be treated like mislynching a Townie. Yes, it is desirable to avoid, but it just happens some times, oh well.
ImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

no, chopping the jester is not realistically treated like mischopping a townie. Chopping the jester, in this game, is the same as chopping town in F3. The game is over. It's not desirable to avoid it MUST be avoided for either side to win the game.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Does the Jester lay low in hopes of a "death to slankers" mentality take hold of the town?

@Marmot what do you think?

Return to “Previous Rackets”