RondoDimBuckle (formerly Bea)
13%
Roxy
38%
S~V~S
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
The CIA (host/mods/dead/non-player option)
44%

Total votes: 16
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1004

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [DAY 1]

Post by Golden »

Or, to put it another way, if the cop is wilgy he’ll probably solve the whole game and leave all the necessary clues.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I refuse to vote for anyone under the age of 30 today unless Seanzie is under the age of 30 because I might sheep scotty.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Golden wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:17 am I refuse to vote for anyone under the age of 30 today unless Seanzie is under the age of 30 because I might sheep scotty.
seanzie is 33
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Jesus Christ golden is 39, and mata is 69 due to previous conversations
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:19 am
Golden wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:17 am I refuse to vote for anyone under the age of 30 today unless Seanzie is under the age of 30 because I might sheep scotty.
seanzie is 33
[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 294

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:28 am
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:04 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:47 pm *looks at poll* why are there so many people in this game?

Ugh... I'm probably just going to pick a random person and tunnel them, then repeat after their flip all game. I'll let you all know once I decide who I'm going to start with.
This feels off
I agree with this. Upon reading it I didn’t know what was bothering me, but I think it’s the specifics of laying out his strategy, like boldly announcing to the entire office that he’s going to use the restroom, ‘but not just to pee!’
It feels off, but does it feel “bad”? This was one of the things that got my eye last night, but having thought about it, I think it’s annoying, not necessarily AI. But I don’t know this persons game, and I presume you do.

I know Golden said he was gonna sheep, but dropping a second vote on someone for a meh reason (most day one first votes are meh reasons imo, but second votes, I dunno).
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:32 am This is a question for @Kate and @jack shepherd and @Dennis :

If you were mafia partners with one of your family, would you sacrifice each other, and if so, who would willingly take the bullet first?
I am not one of these people, but I do have an opinion.

I think if Kate were on a team with one of her sons, she would try to help him in thread via the chat room, but if he got called out, she would bus him. I don't see her making cases on either of them, regardless of her alignment. But I could be wrong there. Especially if Kate is civ. She might know best the difference between an awkward nub mistake, and a "Shit, I shouldn't have said that", baddie slip.

I thought the "ha ha" circling between Kate and Dennis on Zero was what I would expect and was NAI for me. I have no idea what Jack or Dennis would do.

Having read back, the thing that sticks out most for me is walking into a thread where someone has two votes; one for a reasonable reason (that I am not sure I see as AI, but I don't know Seanzie; perhaps him saying what he did is a baddie thing), and one because "Imma sheep Scotty".

So I'm dropping a first vote on Golden. That seems a flippant reason to start a train. Not a fan. [VOTE: Golden] aubergine

This is pretty much my pattern on work days, a flurry when I get up (sorry for back to back posts, but it's gonna happen daily) then I may or may not be around depending on how work goes until 6ish eastern.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:22 am Jesus Christ golden is 39, and mata is 69 due to previous conversations
I'm 61, if you'd like to put that in your spreadsheet.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 am
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:22 am Jesus Christ golden is 39, and mata is 69 due to previous conversations
no spreadsheets, the information does help me form reads, different mental models by age
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:47 pm *looks at poll* why are there so many people in this game?

Ugh... I'm probably just going to pick a random person and tunnel them, then repeat after their flip all game. I'll let you all know once I decide who I'm going to start with.
This feels off
Dennis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 am

This feels off
Hmmm... putting suspicion on someone else? :ponder: Very slick...

But you also make a fair point.

This feels off
I agree with this. Upon reading it I didn’t know what was bothering me, but I think it’s the specifics of laying out his strategy, like boldly announcing to the entire office that he’s going to use the restroom, ‘but not just to pee!’
Chances this triple contains a wolf? Like 99%

Chances it contains two wolves? Like 11.2%

Chances it's Scotty? Like 69% nice!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 138
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

I don't like the chain reaction my post caused
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 138
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Seanzie x post
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This feels off
It felt off enough for you to poke at them, but not enough for you to vote or elaborate. I do not know them or their game at all, but you, based on your reply and how you worded it, you do.

Why is this off? Next post you asked if they were all right. It was off enough that you were worried about them? Or was it all just a passing observation? I tend to do that, then wait for it to get taken out of context :haha:

As I said, I am missing anything AI here, but I neither know Seanzie, nor you, and there may be some nuance I am missing here (probably am) and I hope you elaborate on this.

Linki, wow people I am not used to people when I AM post.

"Chain reaction" is a good way to describe it.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sabiplz wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:45 am I don't like the chain reaction my post caused
I mean, you SHOULD like it. You probably just caught a wolf by jumping on something miniscule in the early game, which is like 95% of my usual play.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Well, my work is done here. I'll see y'all tomorrow if those pesky mafiers don't kill me first.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:59 am [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Well, my work is done here. I'll see y'all tomorrow if those pesky mafiers don't kill me first.
Curious, why do you find the first vote on you more suspect than the second sheep vote?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:29 am

Curious, why do you find the first vote on you more suspect than the second sheep vote?
Curious, are you actually reading the thread and trying to sort me, or are you just looking for things to push?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:57 am

Curious, are you actually reading the thread and trying to sort me, or are you just looking for things to push?
I’m sorting. This is how I play; I ask questions and try to understand why people think or react. It can help me form opinions. I am not always the best at seeing subtext, especially with players I don’t know.

As for your other question, I am not trying to sort you so much as I am trying to sort the whole thing.

After reading the thread from where I left off, the most suspicious thing I saw was the votes on you, and found Goldens more suspect than Scottys. You apparently don’t. So I was curious about that.

Answer all your questions?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:10 am

I’m sorting. This is how I play; I ask questions and try to understand why people think or react. It can help me form opinions. I am not always the best at seeing subtext, especially with players I don’t know.

As for your other question, I am not trying to sort you so much as I am trying to sort the whole thing.

After reading the thread from where I left off, the most suspicious thing I saw was the votes on you, and found Goldens more suspect than Scottys. You apparently don’t. So I was curious about that.

which post of mine are you missing here? My ISO is short, I'm sure you'll find it if you care to.

Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:33 am

This feels off

Do you think Seanzie is suspicious for this post? Or are you just nodding along to make sure your neck still functions?
I blindly agreed because I'm lost and scared.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 441
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:15 am
Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:08 am
Golden wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:03 am
Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:40 am Looking over the role specifics and this is pretty powerful:
You are the Town Cop. Each night, you may alignment check one other player. You may roleclaim and infodump only once during the game. When you infodump, you may reveal the alignment of no more than two other players. Once you infodump, you will become vanilla for the remainder of the game. You must infodump before the mafia is down to their last living player or you will not be allowed to reveal their alignment if you know it.
Because no one else can claim or into dump, this role is functionally an innocent child with extra ability to clear x people.

Which makes it the role mafia will yearn to seek out and find most. If that role can survive into D3, claiming might be most efficient to town health should we miseliminate today. Even if we do find mafia today, it might be most benefit to infodunp D3 anyway. I feel like D4 is pressing the luck.

What does everyone else think the best play is with the cop?
If you had to pick only one, are you asking this more to generate reads or get genuine answers to the question?
Well I’d start with answers and go from there.

I genuinely wouldn’t mind other people’s opinions on the matter tho so I’m not just confbiasing my own ego
I think the most optimal approach probably depends on the player. I think it’s natural for players like you or me to make the call to infodump on day 3. Some other players might feel they could take more of a risk on waiting, and I suspect us talking about it is unlikely to move the needle of the cop if that’s their style.
I mean the cop will do what the cop will do. And like a commercial for Arby’s telling me that they ‘have the meats’, I’m at least aware of it even if I don’t like Arby’s and don’t feel like going there
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:15 am

This feels off
It feels off, but does it feel “bad”? This was one of the things that got my eye last night, but having thought about it, I think it’s annoying, not necessarily AI. But I don’t know this persons game, and I presume you do.

I know Golden said he was gonna sheep, but dropping a second vote on someone for a meh reason (most day one first votes are meh reasons imo, but second votes, I dunno).
lol in a day 1, “off” isnt a ringing endorsement for someone I won’t vote for.

I don’t even find it ‘annoying’ like you mention here.

Your response here confuses me, SVS. His post annoyed you, and other ‘things’ caught your eye last night, but you don’t offer any other opinion here besides Golden’s sheep is a meh vote (which by the way is a patented sheep)

What else ya got?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:31 am
Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:32 am This is a question for @Kate and @jack shepherd and @Dennis :

If you were mafia partners with one of your family, would you sacrifice each other, and if so, who would willingly take the bullet first?

I think if Kate were on a team with one of her sons, she would try to help him in thread via the chat room, but if he got called out, she would bus him. I don't see her making cases on either of them, regardless of her alignment. But I could be wrong there. Especially if Kate is civ. She might know best the difference between an awkward nub mistake, and a "Shit, I shouldn't have said that", baddie slip.

I thought the "ha ha" circling between Kate and Dennis on Zero was what I would expect and was NAI for me. I have no idea what Jack or Dennis would do.

Having read back, the thing that sticks out most for me is walking into a thread where someone has two votes; one for a reasonable reason (that I am not sure I see as AI, but I don't know Seanzie; perhaps him saying what he did is a baddie thing), and one because "Imma sheep Scotty".

So I'm dropping a first vote on Golden. That seems a flippant reason to start a train. Not a fan. [VOTE: Golden] aubergine

This is pretty much my pattern on work days, a flurry when I get up (sorry for back to back posts, but it's gonna happen daily) then I may or may not be around depending on how work goes until 6ish eastern.
SVS doesn’t like sheep- got it.

The wool industry is in tatters

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:36 am
S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 am
no spreadsheets, the information does help me form reads, different mental models by age
Ooh! Ooh! Do me do me

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:41 am

This feels off

This feels off

This feels off
Chances this triple contains a wolf? Like 99%

Chances it contains two wolves? Like 11.2%

Chances it's Scotty? Like 69% nice!
:slick:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sabiplz wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:45 am I don't like the chain reaction my post caused
Poking begets discussion. What are votes if not generating discussion?

I don’t like the lack of initiative after making that comment. :shrug:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

That’s not what I meant when I said sheep me.

I don’t hate the lazy No-U though. For some reason.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dennis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:41 am
Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:33 am

This feels off

Do you think Seanzie is suspicious for this post? Or are you just nodding along to make sure your neck still functions?
I blindly agreed because I'm lost and scared.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I think SVS has brought in a reasoned argument for what she found suspicious and has voted accordingly.

SVS- I mentioned this a few posts ago, but I’m still curious: you said some ‘other’ things jumped out at you last night. Was there anything besides Golden’s sheep vote that pulled a haunted house?

Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Jack wouldn't be able to think of a way to sacrifice us, Kate would do it without either of us noticing, and I would sacrifice Jack but not Kate; I would need her help. I would also totally be willing to take the fall for victory.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by falcon45ca »

I'm Town!

Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dennis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:06 am

Jack wouldn't be able to think of a way to sacrifice us, Kate would do it without either of us noticing, and I would sacrifice Jack but not Kate; I would need her help. I would also totally be willing to take the fall for victory.
Got it.

You’re giving me Kevin McCallister in Home Alone 2 vibes here. Giving the impression that you are an innocent and lost lamb but in reality just might be a devious killer in disguise.

You might be. Or you might not be. I’m just pocketing that thought for now.

Thanks for answering!

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

OK, it's only 3 pages...I'll actually read like 1/3 of em', watch me now he

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:16 am OK, it's only 3 pages...I'll actually read like 1/3 of em', watch me now he

lol you went from Paradise Lost to 2015 hip-hop on the drop of a hat.

Falcon can be town.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Remind me again why the ageism?

Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

What does 'NAI' stand for? Would rather know all the acronyms now than move on guessing.
jack shepherd
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by jack shepherd »

I’ll have this noted for later. :suspish:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:15 am

which post of mine are you missing here? My ISO is short, I'm sure you'll find it if you care to.
You seem to think I’m casting suspicion on you, when all I’m doing is asking a question.

I like to ask questions. You don’t like to answer them. We’ve learned something about each other :nicenod:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Omg. I'm crying laughing this is so accurate. Although I do think jack WOULD sacrifice either of us if he gets used to playing the game a little bit. Especially his brother.

I can't read either of them thus far, as I've never played anything like this with them.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:19 am

What does 'NAI' stand for? Would rather know all the acronyms now than move on guessing.
Not alignment indicative (or thereabouts)
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: Golden] aubergine
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:06 am I think SVS has brought in a reasoned argument for what she found suspicious and has voted accordingly.

SVS- I mentioned this a few posts ago, but I’m still curious: you said some ‘other’ things jumped out at you last night. Was there anything besides Golden’s sheep vote that pulled a haunted house?
First, I <3 sheep, also goats. What I don’t love is dropping second votes on people for a silly reason on day one, especially. Perhaps it’s a throwback to non movable vote days. But I always find that kind of vote suspicious.

@Dennis AI, Alignment Indicative. NAI, Not AI. I just learned these last game.

Next, scotty, what also stuck out to me was Wilgy coming in without a schtick and acting all srs like. But I wasn’t sure if this meant anything, so worth a watch, not a vote. Also Kate & Dennis; that little poking each other but, again, seems more playful at this point, but I filed it away.

But a fluffy second vote on Day One? Good place to put a pressure vote.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:38 am

You seem to think I’m casting suspicion on you, when all I’m doing is asking a question.

I like to ask questions. You don’t like to answer them. We’ve learned something about each other :nicenod:
I think you're missing that I'm casting suspicion on you.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:45 am [VOTE: Golden] aubergine
Why?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:57 am
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:45 am [VOTE: Golden] aubergine
Why?
Because something is rotten in the state of Denmark
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:56 am

I’m totally not missing that. Makes me happy. A little suspish keeps the NK away :cloud9:

Also did you ever answer my question about why you find Scotty’s vote more suspish than Goldens? Sorry if I missed it amongst the veiled innuendo.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:40 am Looking over the role specifics and this is pretty powerful:
You are the Town Cop. Each night, you may alignment check one other player. You may roleclaim and infodump only once during the game. When you infodump, you may reveal the alignment of no more than two other players. Once you infodump, you will become vanilla for the remainder of the game. You must infodump before the mafia is down to their last living player or you will not be allowed to reveal their alignment if you know it.
Because no one else can claim or into dump, this role is functionally an innocent child with extra ability to clear x people.

Which makes it the role mafia will yearn to seek out and find most. If that role can survive into D3, claiming might be most efficient to town health should we miseliminate today. Even if we do find mafia today, it might be most benefit to infodunp D3 anyway. I feel like D4 is pressing the luck.

If you had to pick only one, are you asking this more to generate reads or get genuine answers to the question?

I genuinely wouldn’t mind other people’s opinions on the matter tho so I’m not just confbiasing my own ego
I think the most optimal approach probably depends on the player. I think it’s natural for players like you or me to make the call to infodump on day 3. Some other players might feel they could take more of a risk on waiting, and I suspect us talking about it is unlikely to move the needle of the cop if that’s their style.
Golden wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:16 am Or, to put it another way, if the cop is wilgy he’ll probably solve the whole game and leave all the necessary clues.
Golden wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:09 am I can finally start developing my new meta of phoning it in.

Ima sheep some people this game and not apologise for it.
They're leaving a backdoor open for themselves on sheeping players/votes/reads, what have you...but clearly will engage aspects of the game where they feel comfortable.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Soneji wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:04 am Checking in, shaking off the rust.
Soneji wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:38 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:08 am
Soneji wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:04 am Checking in, shaking off the rust.
Oi, long time no see. How've you been?
Been good, enjoying mafia retirement.
Is 11 words in 2 posts an effective method for shaking off the rust?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:05 pm

Golden wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:16 am Or, to put it another way, if the cop is wilgy he’ll probably solve the whole game and leave all the necessary clues.
Golden wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:09 am I can finally start developing my new meta of phoning it in.

Ima sheep some people this game and not apologise for it.
They're leaving a backdoor open for themselves on sheeping players/votes/reads, what have you...but clearly will engage aspects of the game where they feel comfortable.
Thank You.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:00 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:56 am

I’m totally not missing that. Makes me happy. A little suspish keeps the NK away :cloud9:

Also did you ever answer my question about why you find Scotty’s vote more suspish than Goldens? Sorry if I missed it amongst the veiled innuendo.
Again I will ask you to figure out which post of mine you're missing.

Return to “Previous Heists”