Other (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 10
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 0

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

I have seriously no idea. This is all greek to me!
So, apparently the towers is HQ, so I'm just going with that.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Draconus »

It's much more difficult to scum-hunt on Day 0... and Day 1 for that matter. So, to start off, if I don't see anything intriguing come up I'm going to vote for Sockface (MP) just to piss him off. :lorab:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I have seriously no idea. This is all greek to me!
:eye:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Anyways, I see that this is already starting to turn ksiters vs. syndicators (our name is better :p )
But! I think a part of me is going to like these ksiters. I myself find stirring shit up quite enjoyable :feb:
LPers, ftw!WEST SIIIDE

*votes Devin* :p
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

I generally prefer to wait for things like vote justifications (or the lack thereof) where everyone needs to post. I don't see how one could make any sort of credible claim on day 0, it makes more sense to me to discuss something concrete. I also don't like the whole "throw as much as you can at a wall and hope something sticks" strategy. Giving the game time to develop its own rhythm better allows one to see when people deviate from it, I think. It seems just as easy to hide behind a wall of accusations as it does a wall of silence.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: All of that said, it still struck me as unnecessary and odd, but one thing I've learned is that drawing attention to players who exhibit behavior that to YOU seems unnecessary or odd doesn't catch you baddies. It just means you have two different minds and thus act differently. I've seen more players lynched over simple misunderstandings or lack of seeing each other's point of view than I have over actual, solid evidence.
I just have trouble understanding this method of thinking. Yes, I have seen misunderstandings, and there is a line between scummy behavior and just different styles. But why not at least make note of it, if you find it to be odd. While it could be something between playing styles, it could also be weird behavior from scum. And if you don't mention it, then you get absolutely nothing out of it.
I'm not sure what you mean by solid evidence, if you mean powers or just something a bit more suspicious? But I'd rather start now and small than too late. But I understand that's now how you guys do things so I am just going to allow you all to play your way and just keep commenting. I don't mean to barge in, like FZ I can't help myself. Lol

I do agree with you here Kitty, can I still call you that here? Idk I don't want to type K4J it feels too weird to me lol. But yes, I agree, some things if they catch your eye should be mentioned because you never know if it can help you or others out later on in the game. Better to mention it now and get it out there rather than not.
Don't get me wrong, I entirely agree with this... but when your observations are determined internally to be meaningless, why bother posting something meaningless?

Sometimes you can't just go in flailing in the thread based on EVERY single thing your gut is saying because you'd be a basket case.

I would know. :p
Oh yes I do agree that sometimes it can do more harm than good but some things I feel need to be said outloud. Though tbh on ksite I do kinda like to keep things to myself until I have a better idea of what I'm up against. So I can see both sides of what you and K4J are saying too.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Summer wrote:Hmmm, this is interesting.

I never considered myself an aggressive Mafia player. Guru (K4J) and I would get into squabbles about how serious he took the game and the unnecessary need for it but now, as I was scrolling through, I find myself thinking what he must be thinking on Day 1 when we play. Why is no one scum-hunting? I don't mean to sound snotty by any means, but really, this seems rather pointless. What is the the point of Day 0? To let things develop? I am going to sound like such a hypocrite (because in our games I am always the one holding back and judging the actions, now I know it was because I was watching the other people shake things up) and Guru will likely call me out on it, but how are things going to develop if nothing happens? People have got to get in there and do things for things to develop. This is going to take some getting used to.

I do have to say (surprise, surprise) I am a little leery of FZ. I am fixing to reference a Ksite game (sorry, guys, I do that. I will try to explain as best I can) but one time when FZ was scum (or a baddie, as y'all call them, right?) she made a big hulabaloo about one of the players posting differently and saying how their style has changed. She used this as opportunity to make this player seem suspicious, as if they were hiding something about why they might be playing differently. The player wasn't scum, in fact, FZ was. So now, with FZ saying she is trying to match y'alls playing style, that just seems shady to me.

Why, FZ? Why match them? I can't help but wonder if you are trying to fade in with them so maybe Lou, Guru, Jenny and I (if we are all townies, possibly) won't pick up on your scum play that we know pretty well? I was coming in trying not to suspect you because I always do, but the last time I did that, it bit me in the butt. :p Nope, just giving in to my suspicion and if I am wrong, I am wrong. But I am going to point out things I feel are weird for you. (And not just you. :p)

And break time is over for tonight. Gotta get back to my Christmas gifts. Looks like I am going to have to catch up later tonight or tomorrow. I will admit, it looks like we (at least me, which I never expected!!) may be a little more aggressive than y'all, but I don't know of any other way to play!! I really am a nice person, I promise. :)
Idk Summer things are different over here. I for one can't say I'll be playing exactly the way I do over there because it's very....intimidating (for lack of a better word) over here. That being said, I never thought of us as being really aggressive haha. I guess in comparison to this game now, we kinda are.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

A Person wrote:I generally prefer to wait for things like vote justifications (or the lack thereof) where everyone needs to post. I don't see how one could make any sort of credible claim on day 0, it makes more sense to me to discuss something concrete. I also don't like the whole "throw as much as you can at a wall and hope something sticks" strategy. Giving the game time to develop its own rhythm better allows one to see when people deviate from it, I think. It seems just as easy to hide behind a wall of accusations as it does a wall of silence.
Oh I agree, but sometimes just creating a little chaos can sometimes cause the scum...er baddies to slip up and kinda panic? At least that's what's happened a few times over on Ksite. I mean it is possible to catch someone out in the beginning. Not very likely but possible. That being said, it is kinda nice to have this now where we're all just talking and getting to know one another. I like it because I'm a mafia vet on the other site but here, I kinda feel out of my depth a little. I feel like this is my first ever game all over again haha :shrug:
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

So I just want to ask, although I should probably know this by now, but the days last...two days, is that right? And the nights last one?
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Loulou26 wrote:So I just want to ask, although I should probably know this by now, but the days last...two days, is that right? And the nights last one?
For full games, typically yes.

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 267

Post by kneel4justice »

Summer wrote:Hmmm, this is interesting.

I never considered myself an aggressive Mafia player. Guru (K4J) and I would get into squabbles about how serious he took the game and the unnecessary need for it but now, as I was scrolling through, I find myself thinking what he must be thinking on Day 1 when we play. Why is no one scum-hunting? I don't mean to sound snotty by any means, but really, this seems rather pointless. What is the the point of Day 0? To let things develop? I am going to sound like such a hypocrite (because in our games I am always the one holding back and judging the actions, now I know it was because I was watching the other people shake things up) and Guru will likely call me out on it, but how are things going to develop if nothing happens? People have got to get in there and do things for things to develop. This is going to take some getting used to.

I do have to say (surprise, surprise) I am a little leery of FZ. I am fixing to reference a Ksite game (sorry, guys, I do that. I will try to explain as best I can) but one time when FZ was scum (or a baddie, as y'all call them, right?) she made a big hulabaloo about one of the players posting differently and saying how their style has changed. She used this as opportunity to make this player seem suspicious, as if they were hiding something about why they might be playing differently. The player wasn't scum, in fact, FZ was. So now, with FZ saying she is trying to match y'alls playing style, that just seems shady to me.

Why, FZ? Why match them? I can't help but wonder if you are trying to fade in with them so maybe Lou, Guru, Jenny and I (if we are all townies, possibly) won't pick up on your scum play that we know pretty well? I was coming in trying not to suspect you because I always do, but the last time I did that, it bit me in the butt. :p Nope, just giving in to my suspicion and if I am wrong, I am wrong. But I am going to point out things I feel are weird for you. (And not just you. :p)

And break time is over for tonight. Gotta get back to my Christmas gifts. Looks like I am going to have to catch up later tonight or tomorrow. I will admit, it looks like we (at least me, which I never expected!!) may be a little more aggressive than y'all, but I don't know of any other way to play!! I really am a nice person, I promise. :)
I actually don't find you suspicious because of this. I'm indifferent to what it says about your alignment, but I do agree with it!
And I was wondering the same about FZ but I also understand wanting to reinvent yourself on a new site so no on knows how you are and it's like a complete rookie game. I just don't know if she's doing this for genuine intentions or scummy ones.[/b]
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Sorsha »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Anyways, I see that this is already starting to turn ksiters vs. syndicators (our name is better :p )
But! I think a part of me is going to like these ksiters. I myself find stirring shit up quite enjoyable :feb:
LPers, ftw!WEST SIIIDE

STVers unite!!

:stare:

Yeah.... I'm an old geezer.... :sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Loulou26 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: All of that said, it still struck me as unnecessary and odd, but one thing I've learned is that drawing attention to players who exhibit behavior that to YOU seems unnecessary or odd doesn't catch you baddies. It just means you have two different minds and thus act differently. I've seen more players lynched over simple misunderstandings or lack of seeing each other's point of view than I have over actual, solid evidence.
I just have trouble understanding this method of thinking. Yes, I have seen misunderstandings, and there is a line between scummy behavior and just different styles. But why not at least make note of it, if you find it to be odd. While it could be something between playing styles, it could also be weird behavior from scum. And if you don't mention it, then you get absolutely nothing out of it.
I'm not sure what you mean by solid evidence, if you mean powers or just something a bit more suspicious? But I'd rather start now and small than too late. But I understand that's now how you guys do things so I am just going to allow you all to play your way and just keep commenting. I don't mean to barge in, like FZ I can't help myself. Lol

I do agree with you here Kitty, can I still call you that here? Idk I don't want to type K4J it feels too weird to me lol. But yes, I agree, some things if they catch your eye should be mentioned because you never know if it can help you or others out later on in the game. Better to mention it now and get it out there rather than not.
Of course, you can! :p
And to MP, maybe this is just your style. I want to suspect you, if you were someone regularly from KSITE I would be all over you. This is what makes it difficult for me, because you guys seem to wait on things to develop where some of my best suspicions come from literally hours within the start of a game.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

I'll vote for you as soon as the Day comes up.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:I'll vote for you as soon as the Day comes up.
Explanation..or nah?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

OMG. I like you. :haha:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:
Explanation..or nah?
I've read lot about KS being IN YOUR FACE and people here letting...things...go...

I'd like to let you know that I will toss you under a bus where there is no bus and I will toss you on top of an airplane where there is no airplane. And I will cut you in line at the grocery store.

Also, I don't think you're good. You strike me as naughty.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Explanation..or nah?
I've read lot about KS being IN YOUR FACE and people here letting...things...go...

I'd like to let you know that I will toss you under a bus where there is no bus and I will toss you on top of an airplane where there is no airplane. And I will cut you in line at the grocery store.

Also, I don't think you're good. You strike me as naughty.
So what you meant to say was.....
No explanation? K then.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

kneel4justice wrote:
Explanation..or nah?
Happened to me in my last full game with him, lol. But he was right.

linki with Epi: Yeah, haha.

I feel similarly about your possible allegiance. :evileye:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't explain. I vote. And lynch.

And if that's Nicki Minaj, then "yah bitch."

(I don't really know what Nicki Minaj would say in a situation like that. I just assumed it.)
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Looks for a counter-gif...

This is all I could find:

Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Matahari »

Sorsha wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
LPers, ftw!WEST SIIIDE

STVers unite!!

:D you're not the only one! I thought STV was tough, but it looks like ksite might be even tougher.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Spacedaisy »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I have seriously no idea. This is all greek to me!
Yay! You are here! now I can't wait until you are physically here! :hugs:

Ahem... Now I will compose myself and continue catching up...
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, caught up. All I really want to say at the moment is... Yay for having the Ksiters here! They bring much appreciated new perspective IMO.

Oh and I am thinking of voting Devin when Day 1 rolls around, just because that's how I roll.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

When does day 1 start?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

Loulou26 wrote:When does day 1 start?
Based on the poll time, it appears to start in three hours.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Ohh so it starts when the poll ends each time?
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Loulou26 wrote:Ohh so it starts when the poll ends each time?
Theoretically, but if the host can't be around to start it then it's whenever they get the chance.
FWvidChick
Posts in topic: 10

Post by FWvidChick »

this may sound totally scummy but i guess to bad cause I really am lost lol. I was really busy today with my girls in a musical production and since i am not use to being here i blanked this out and was playing at ksite a bit *insert blushing smiley*. Anyway tomorrow morning I'll read through the thread and do my best to throw myself in. and wth at that poll. I did read one post where it was explaining about the poll and factions but i think i'm to tired to comprehend it at all. :shrug: :huh:
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

A Person wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:Ohh so it starts when the poll ends each time?
Theoretically, but if the host can't be around to start it then it's whenever they get the chance.
Cool, thanks :D
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:Right now I am most suspicious of MP. It's mainly a feeling.
On one hand I feel like maybe he is just being welcoming and friendly, because he is kind of the bridge between KSITE and here.
But on the other I find him trying to be helpful. His posts are lengthy but there isn't any solid content/decision making which makes me think he is trying to appear townie like. But I am still not sure what to expect from a Day 0. I am going to quote something in a minute too. I'm multitasking. Lol
I'll likely be voting for you Day 1.
:omg: :omg:

@FZ: Orange was the sarcastic color back in the ol' Lostpedia days. I don't know if it's changed between Rev Mafia and here or what the color is now, but I always liked Sarcastic Orange. Perhaps SVS or MP know for sure what the designated color is.
It's still orange~ it's a Lostpedia tradition :) from like 2007 or 2008 ha ha
Wonder if we could find the old post that started it all. Was it dave or Gilli or someone?
LP since '07 yooooooooo still "modding"

Very nice to see some new faces though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Matahari wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
LPers, ftw!WEST SIIIDE

STVers unite!!

:D you're not the only one! I thought STV was tough, but it looks like ksite might be even tougher.
Were you matahari there too?
Summer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Summer »

Day 0 ends in a little bit?! Holy crap!

Uh... Okay... Do you have to vote in the poll? Is that a lynching poll or a destination?

I'm going to be honest... I haven't had a chance to read all the rules and regulations. I was hoping to use the time that the game I am Modding on Ksite is in Day phase to do things here, but I wasn't counting on things starting so quickly!!

And I can now see why y'all let things develop here. With such short day phases, things move quickly. On KSite, our Day phases are 5 days in RL so you have to keep the thread moving if you hope of getting anything accomplished before deadline.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Sorsha wrote:
Matahari wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
LPers, ftw!WEST SIIIDE

STVers unite!!

Were you matahari there too?
No, I was just CyndyK there. I think I joined about a year after you left. Then I was DillyDally at Hedville, I can't remember if I was anyone else :coffee3:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Matahari wrote: No, I was just CyndyK there. I think I joined about a year after you left. Then I was DillyDally at Hedville, I can't remember if I was anyone else :coffee3:
I think I new that but forgot, we are friends on FB so I find it hard to believe I didn't know that :derp:

You were CyndyK on LP too right?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Sorsha wrote:
Matahari wrote: No, I was just CyndyK there. I think I joined about a year after you left. Then I was DillyDally at Hedville, I can't remember if I was anyone else :coffee3:
I think I new that but forgot, we are friends on FB so I find it hard to believe I didn't know that :derp:

You know, I'm not sure. I think I signed up there as Mata Hari, and then maybe a year after that, little tiger convinced me to change it to matahari everywhere. But I can't swear to it- my memory is shot! :blush:
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

sorry, I guess all that should have been in off-topic green
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Matahari wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

You know, I'm not sure. I think I signed up there as Mata Hari, and then maybe a year after that, little tiger convinced me to change it to matahari everywhere. But I can't swear to it- my memory is shot! :blush:
I thought you were Seals, but maybe that was someone else with the same avvie as the one you have here. >.<

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

Lean and Mean

Dex looked at the map. "Well, we definitely seem to be in Parts Unknown."

The group wandered through the creepy forest, little suspecting that this was only one creepy corner of a vast, creepy land. Suddenly, they heard a rustling from a nearby bush. It could be anything: a voodoo priest, a tall guy wearing a weird muscle suit, anything...

But it turns out to be Mean Gene Okerlund, randomly enough.

"Thank goodness you guys found me, I've been lost out here for weeks!" he exclaimed. "What are you here for, anyway?"

"We're looking for a killer, so we can lynch them!" announced FZ.

"Well, there are a lot of unsavory folks around here," declared Gene. We'd best get out of here fast, or things may get ugly."

Day 0 is over. Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to lynch someone. Also, you must each post on-topic at least 5 times by the end of Night 1, or something will happen.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Summer

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Summer »

Day 1 is only 48 hours. :| WOW. Y'all sure move fast! Looks like while I may have thought I was more aggressive, I really need to step it up!!

(Aww, look FZ! You were in the story!!)
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

A Person wrote:I generally prefer to wait for things like vote justifications (or the lack thereof) where everyone needs to post. I don't see how one could make any sort of credible claim on day 0, it makes more sense to me to discuss something concrete. I also don't like the whole "throw as much as you can at a wall and hope something sticks" strategy. Giving the game time to develop its own rhythm better allows one to see when people deviate from it, I think. It seems just as easy to hide behind a wall of accusations as it does a wall of silence.

Would you believe me if I told you that I really enjoy that you are posting more in-game qm?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:

Would you believe me if I told you that I really enjoy that you are posting more in-game qm?
i would k :O
Summer

Post by Summer »

Probably a little slow on this but there are 2 Mafias. Okay. I’ve been those situations before. That is familiar!!

Aww! I was in the first story!! That’s a first!! I feel so special. :lorab:

Oooooh!!! Nights are PPV events. Will their circumstances affect the conditions of the night? I guess I should do some research on those so I am prepared.

Now, I must have missed it in the role list (another interesting change; our roles are so top secret on Ksite! That is like one of the most closely guarded secrets!!) but I saw someone mention a Lie Detector? And some statements are not acceptable? What exactly does that mean? (Ksiters - Jeff so came to mind when I came across someone saying they were a Civvie!!)
FZ. wrote:Great, just my luck...the two games I signed up for started at the same time :sigh:

Hey Summer and Jenny. I posted a welcome post in the sign up thread, but for some reason it didn't transfer. So: Yay, so happy to have you here as well :D

I know nothing about WWE. What should I choose? I think I'm going to go with "The parts Unknown". Sounds like baldly going where no one has gone before :p
Hi, FZ!! :D I guess I should say ‘hi’ since I’ve already started suspecting you. :p
Bullzeye wrote:Forgot to ask: DF, does anyone have info on the poll?
Someone who has info on the poll, would that be a player? Like a sensor type ability, is that what we are talking about or is this some website thing that I am not familiar with?

All the poll talk is reminding me the way we go round and round with role talk on Day 1. Some people find it helpful, others don’t. Re-reading Day 0 and all the poll talk, I am not sure what I think. Since it seemed to be a thing to take the town somewhere, I guess talking about it was needed. I don’t see anyone (or I didn’t notice it) pushing for one place or another which leads me to believe maybe the destinations weren’t linked to any faction so it seems to me that voting for one place or another wouldn’t tell us much about the people who voted for that certain place.
kneel4justice wrote:I was going to choose Unknown, just because it sounds dangerous but then other people did for my reasons *looks at FZ*. Lol
Oh, Team KSITE, how do you feel about going into the same location?? ;)
Guru, I know I choose the same location, I think, as y’all did! Safety in numbers, right? LOL. What was your take on all the talk surrounding the poll? See my opinion above. I was wondering, given your dislike for role talk, if you got the same thing I did. (Not that I disliked it, just wondering.)
Bullzeye wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
S~V~S wrote: @Faraday~ Does anyone have info about this poll?
MovingPictures07 wrote:DF is a nice host; I would never reveal anything like that. :feb:

Given no one has info... and it seems Parts Unknown is probably the most logical, I am going with that.
Ok. This is once again weird to me but I have a feeling it's just something that happens on this site.
Can someone explain this information on poll things, is it linked to a role or random? Does it happen to scum, townies or both.
Because it would seem to me that asking if people have information would put scum on the hunt for who has it and give them an idea of who needs to be eliminated. So why ask?
Info is sometimes given to each faction, so the baddies would each have an option to push while a couple of civs would know the best option for all of us and the indy/neutral players may or may not be told what to vote for as well. Apparently it hasn't happened in this game though but when it does it's helpful to know so we can consider who is pushing particular options.
Bullzeye, you answered somewhat a question I had about the polls. So, info is just given out at random, not to a designated person?
MovingPictures07 wrote:For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

Consequently, I'm not sure her post really means anything at all. I don't think it really tells me anything, especially this early in the game. But, out of curiosity, do others agree here with my assessment and was anyone else wildly pinged by that statement?
I'm not sure how I feel about your response.

You seemed a little too eager to jump on Guru's ship in terms of his thinking with Sorsha's. Almost feels like you are trying to push suspicion her way.

But, I have also seen where people are catching up and have thoughts themselves that they echo others, so that is not outside the realm. My only problem is that you have been posting more than Guru so you could have very well commented on this yourself, but you didn't until someone else did. (Proofreading, I see you have explained yourself and I will be starting my reading there tomorrow. :))

There could be a number of reasons for this; you are a civ who is agreeing with someone, a scum trying to make her look bad or you and her a scum-buds and you are trying to distance. I am not sure which right now, but this did put you on my radar, MP.

And to answer your question, I was more "pinged" (that is an awesome description of how it happens, lol!!) by yours than hers.
FZ. wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Wow, such a massive player list!

I picked Titan Towers, because I don'tlike the sound of the other options. I didn't even check to see who had voted what yet and just went on instinct.

I'm going to be on a boat all day, but I think you can be without my zany antics and wacky theories for one day. <3
The bolded sounds a little apologetic. When I see people saying they didn't do something and explaining something unimportant, without anyone even asking them, it makes me uneasy. If I'm wrong, I apologize.
Now THIS is the FZ I know. :D

What I find interesting is Alison's statement about seeing who voted. Would it matter who voted or not? That is also a question to you, Alison. If you had looked, what would you have been looking for? The choice who had the most votes or players who you trusted and wanted to follow? It is actually a very odd statement. Maybe it is normal here, I don't know, and I really can't talk because I voted along with my K-Siters only because I liked the sound of Parts Unknown and because as clique-y as it sounds, that is what they went with. I would just like to know your reasoning, please.
FZ. wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:I was going to choose Unknown, just because it sounds dangerous but then other people did for my reasons *looks at FZ*. Lol
Oh, Team KSITE, how do you feel about going into the same location?? ;)
Sorsha wrote:Hello everyone :)

Well, I don't know anything about any of these places or what they have to do with wrestling so I'll be waiting till later to make my vote, I guess.

And it looks like there is a lie detector. DF- Are "I am a civvie" statements acceptable?

If so, I'm a civvie :)
Hmmmm, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Something is just weird about it.
Do you really think those type of statements would be acceptable? I am wondering if you knew they would not be acceptable but wanted to be the first to make this claim so that you look like you're willing to risk being caught in a lie, when you're really not. That or some kind of reverse psychology, hoping that because you risked it that this player wouldn't choose you, because they'd think what scum would make that gamble when unnecessary!
But maybe you're just a 'civvie'. Hmpft, I dunno.
Hey :D Lol, we're bound to do some things the same, especially if we're both civvies. And since I have no idea what's going to happen in each choice, you're welcome to join me in the unknown :p
Some things NEVER change, do they??? :slick: ;) (Says the girl who started her first post off with suspicion of you!! :D)
Loulou26 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

Consequently, I'm not sure her post really means anything at all. I don't think it really tells me anything, especially this early in the game. But, out of curiosity, do others agree here with my assessment and was anyone else wildly pinged by that statement?

A little. I did think it was a weird thing to ask. But then I don't really know what's accepted on this site yet so...I'm giving the BoTD for now.
What is BoTD, Lou? Is that like IGMEOY? Or the FOS?

Also, what is your take on the way MP joined Guru so quickly of the suspicion? (If MP was the first to say something about Sorsha's post, please correct me.) Any insights since you've played with him in the other game and I am just his Mod, lol!!
kneel4justice wrote:

I am assuming that you were pinged by the statement because of the bold.
So my question for you is, why are you only mentioning being pinged after I mentioned her post and not initially when you read it? Feel free to correct me if you did mention it before now.
I was wondering if you had noticed this.

I'm looking forward to the conversation that hopefully follows.
FZ. wrote:

What I'm wondering about is do you ask questions through PMs or does it all happen in the thread?
Did she say all that just so she could say "I'm a civvie"? She could have said that without making it so noticeable that it's for the lie detector.

But as Guru pointed out, did she do it blatantly because the Lie Detector could think, oh a scum would never do that! We've been in those types of situations before. I remember a complete meltdown someone that had me CONVINCED she was a townie because we never thought a scum would crack so early!! :p
Sorsha wrote:Interesting... looks like a couple of people seem to have an issue with making lie detector statements easily detectable. :ponder:

Anyway- I'm going with The Titan Towers. No one has any info on the poll anyway so it sounds to me like its pretty much gonna be a crap shoot.
You seem very nonchalant about K4J and MP's suspicion of you. This actually makes me feel a bit better about you. :)
kneel4justice wrote:So are we gonna scumhunt or nah?
I have to ask... Were you not getting anything out of anything?

Because, I am re-reading and I am actually seeing a bit more than I did. Maybe not scum-hunting that we are used to, but I have some opinions forming, for sure.

**Wow!! I lost track of time and have to go to bed! I'll be back tomorrow to continue my catch up. Those of you who don't know me yet, it is normal for me to make this loooooooooong posts because I am normally having to play catch up. Sorry!!**
Summer

Post by Summer »

I just noticed something went kinda wrong with my post... I have comments in there that look like they are part of conversation!! :|
Summer

Post by Summer »

@Host or Mod: Are we allowed to edit to fix format??
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

Summer wrote:@Host or Mod: Are we allowed to edit to fix format??
Sorry, there isn't even an option to edit. I'm sure you can understand why it's not allowed, and the easiest way to keep it from being done seems to be to just outright stop it from happening. I'm not a host or a mod though :p
Summer wrote:
Bullzeye, you answered somewhat a question I had about the polls. So, info is just given out at random, not to a designated person?
It generally goes to one member of each mafia team (and through them, their teammates) as well as to a couple of civvies and a neutral or two. The info specifically would be which option they should vote for and sometimes even why.

I have five hours of lectures starting in ten minutes so I don't really have time to go through everything that happened since my last post, but I'll be back later and hopefully I'll bring some opinions with me!
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by FZ. »

For Summer, wondering why I'm trying the style of this site, and not continuing ours, there are two reasons for this:
a. I still feel a little like a guest, and it seems rude to me to push my style in their face.
b. I actually do want to try their way. You and K4J of all people (after the disaster that's going on in the game on Ksite for the townies), should understand that. Unless you think you can do a lot better than all the rest :p

So right now, I'm trying to find the balance between how I'm used to playing, and how things are done here. Seems the most logical to me.

And Summer, your posts come off as trying a little to hard. I'm not sure yet if it's just being excited (and maybe a little stressed) about playing on a new site, or it's you trying to appear like you're "hunting"
And on that note, I also agree with A personon the fact that sometimes it's as easy to hide behind a wall of suspicions as it is to hide behind silence. To me it's about the nature of the suspicions. Call it quality over quantity if you will.
And back to work
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

Actually, that can be a good move for you I think. I know that i was TOTALLY unable to keep up with the Ksite game using my playstyle from here, and i did not know enough about your players to play in your style, since the Ksite style seems to have a large element of metagaming in it~ "I suspect X because in the past they did not do this unless they were scum", and only knowing my own people, I could not ONLY suspect them.

And to some extent it does seem that most of the Ksite folk are mainly suspecting each other, or those they have previously played with.

And yeah, I also think AP has a point, I tend to see giant walls of text with little new content or mega multi quote posts with little new content as somewhat pingy. If there is a good theory in with the quotes, or a case being built, awesome. If it is just "I agree with this", or "I disagree with this" I see it as trying to look civvie.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

Summer wrote:@Host or Mod: Are we allowed to edit to fix format??
No, but I, as your helpful moderator, have fixed the formatting for you. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Gaaah, so much posting! And I missed the Day 0 poll. Sad day :(
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”