X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Re: X-Men [Day 1]

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Longshot wrote:So in the X-Men media, what does it mean when the Danger Room acquires your ID? I at least know the 17 comes from the fact that Polaris's name is the 17th on the poll (if I counted right) but have no idea what the "acquired" means.
I am familiar with X-men to a degree, I read the current comics more so than the older ones. I am not quite sure what acquired means in the comics or what it means for the game mechanic. I am wondering if it puts her in a powerful position for this day phase or something like that.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

My thoughts are maybe Polaris has been given knowledge, or his\her real identity discovered. But, i dont see any roles unless it's secret that would support this theory atm.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Dazzler wrote:Also maybe Polaris has a clearer view of what the ID thing means?
I would imagine so....
dunya
Turnip Head
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

Launch the Polaris.
The end doesn't scare us.
When will this cease?
The warheads will all rust in peace.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

I don't think the acquiring ID is anything from the comics. I don't recognize it anyway. Hopefully Polaris will shed light on this for us.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

Mojo don't know :confused:
Fractal
sprityo
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Considering how many players are in this game, things are awfully quiet…
Reporting
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

I think everyone is waiting for me to say something. I hate to disappoint, but as far as my knowledge goes, my ID does not have any significant meaning. :shrug:
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Perhaps a pattern will be discernible after a few more days; the 17=17 makes sense, although the eventual point of this will require us to exercise our minds, as the host points out. Why 17? Why not 9 or 15 or 24? I am not sure that we have enough data to make a projection, assuming Polaris is speaking the truth, and there is no reason to think she is not.

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood, so I am going to spend today outside, being queenly and what not.
Assault
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Saito »

Nice post as usual Epi.

So Polaris has an ID number for the Danger Room? I dunno what I think about it just yet. In the game (Into the Danger Room - New X-Men) there is a point system each member has it's own points that mean different stuff but no ID numbers. Been awhile I am trying to remember. I do not have any idea how the points would work in relation to this game though. (Reminds me of a boo game and well this could get really exciting if that is the case.)

Polaris knows nothing but had to change his signature. Did the Host tell you to change it or did you do it yourself Polaris? Not that it will tell us anything but I want to note everything about The Danger Room.

I thought yesterdays poll votes were quite interesting to say the least.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

The Vision wrote:Considering how many players are in this game, things are awfully quiet…
I, personally, don't have much to say. Avalanche certainly has quieted down, though.
dunya
Turnip Head
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

Sorry I haven't been around much. I am quite busy fighting supervillians, and will continue to be doing so for a few days. I will try to make some time when I can though.

I thought it was very interesting how Avalance really kept pushing the Morlock Tunnels, when I felt like we had sound logic/advice not to do so. Not sure if he has an ulterior motive or was just being goofy, but I would lean towards the first one. I also thought this was interesting.
Bastion wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
White Queen wrote: Do you have a motive for wanting people to not go to the school?
Yes. My motive is that I don't want to go there. I want to fight Morlocks.
Why do you want to fight a group of outcasts when the leader of the brotherhood base is on the list?
If you're going to go fight someone, this option makes a lot more sense.

As for the Polaris having an ID thing, I think we'll need more information before we start putting that puzzle together.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Spiral wrote:
The Vision wrote:Considering how many players are in this game, things are awfully quiet…
I, personally, don't have much to say. Avalanche certainly has quieted down, though.

Yeah he quieted down after he requested someone else to vote for Morlock tunnels and Rasputin magically appeared and voted for Morlock Tunnels as well. Giving no thoughts to what others had said before he voted.

Idk what I think about them voting together yet.

Avalanche has certainly got my eye and now Rasputin a bit as well.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I would like to hear from Rasptin as well.
dunya
Turnip Head
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Well, like everyone, I was hoping Polaris could shed some light on the Danger Room ID stuff, but I think really that was being a tad too hopeful. Epig would not just lay it out there for us that easily, and the theme of today's Danger Room session is to exercise our minds...so yeah.

The only thing that has caught my eye so far is Scarlett Witch using "his" while referring to Polaris as Polaris is quite obviously a female character and if SW didn't know who Polaris was I would think "her" would have been used.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Spiral wrote:
Maybe the Morlocks got him :haha:
Spiral wrote:I would like to hear from Rasptin as well.
He just popped in towards the end and voted and that was his only post, right? Also only one post from Thunderbird, Sebastian Shaw, Domino, Deathlok & Cable. Why did you single out Rasputin out of those?
Havok wrote:Well, like everyone, I was hoping Polaris could shed some light on the Danger Room ID stuff, but I think really that was being a tad too hopeful. Epig would not just lay it out there for us that easily, and the theme of today's Danger Room session is to exercise our minds...so yeah.

The only thing that has caught my eye so far is Scarlett Witch using "his" while referring to Polaris as Polaris is quite obviously a female character and if SW didn't know who Polaris was I would think "her" would have been used.
I almost did the same thing, actually, in my last post, but then I saw that someone has referred to Polaris as a female, so I went and looked for her avatar. But I am not really familiar with the X Men characters; Scarlett appears to have knowledge about them.
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

yeah, people use the male pronoun as default all the time. It just seemed weird in this case because the avatar of Polaris with her big boobs and all would make me use "her".
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Havok wrote:Well, like everyone, I was hoping Polaris could shed some light on the Danger Room ID stuff, but I think really that was being a tad too hopeful. Epig would not just lay it out there for us that easily, and the theme of today's Danger Room session is to exercise our minds...so yeah.

Maybe it is quite obv to you but not to me. Since before this game started I have been reading about the X-men comics/movies/tv show. I have read all I could find. Last time I was told no information would be needed to play I was surprised that the side games at night revolved around knowledge of the subject of the game. I am not and did not take that chance this game.

Plus I am not one to notice boobs I only notice dicks ;)

I referred to Polaris as a he bc the name sounds manly. Sorry I remembered wrong.

You saw nothing else to note from Day 0?

White Queen - I singled out Rasputin bc of his Day 0 vote for Morlocks - which I found oddest along with the timing (it was just after Avalanche requested someone to vote for Morlocks with him)
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Actually, I was asking Spiral about that, I did not notice that he was replying to you :blush:

I initially thought that was weird, too. But since there was no chance of Morlocks winning the poll, I don't see a baddie team taking that chance for no real benefit. So even if that option would have benefitted baddies, I don't see the point of taking a risk like that.

I still do think, though, that Avalanche was pushing that option. He tried to turn it into a joke, but I don't think it started out that way.
Assault
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

White Queen wrote:Perhaps a pattern will be discernible after a few more days; the 17=17 makes sense, although the eventual point of this will require us to exercise our minds, as the host points out. Why 17? Why not 9 or 15 or 24? I am not sure that we have enough data to make a projection, assuming Polaris is speaking the truth, and there is no reason to think she is not.

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood, so I am going to spend today outside, being queenly and what not.
I would imagine something to happen in the future as well. Do I have to go inside the Danger Room? (rhetorical thinking here) I'm curious as well, and I don't know anything more than what was posted in the Day Start post.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Scarlet Witch wrote:Nice post as usual Epi.

So Polaris has an ID number for the Danger Room? I dunno what I think about it just yet. In the game (Into the Danger Room - New X-Men) there is a point system each member has it's own points that mean different stuff but no ID numbers. Been awhile I am trying to remember. I do not have any idea how the points would work in relation to this game though. (Reminds me of a boo game and well this could get really exciting if that is the case.)

Polaris knows nothing but had to change his signature. Did the Host tell you to change it or did you do it yourself Polaris? Not that it will tell us anything but I want to note everything about The Danger Room.

I thought yesterdays poll votes were quite interesting to say the least.
Yes, my ID is now supposed to be listed in my sig.

Why do you find yesterday's poll votes to be 'quite interesting'.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Havok wrote:yeah, people use the male pronoun as default all the time. It just seemed weird in this case because the avatar of Polaris with her big boobs and all would make me use "her".
I'm guilty of this as well :( Though these are sockpuppet games and I'm not familiar with the X-Men characters either.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I agree. There's not a lot of conversation besides game mechanics, either. Which makes it hard to really get a feel for people. I've tried to think about if anyone is pushing the game mechanics more than the scum hunting but I myself am finding it hard to actually hunt right now. I know there has been come conversation about Avalanche. Initially I found him to be weird but as his posting continued, I started to wonder if he is one of those players who just likes to cause chaos, though there's no way to be for sure that is the truth or a ploy itself.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Spiral wrote:
I am pouting because I didn't get my way.

I think it is telling how people are trying to make me out as a villain for having a different opinion about the poll than everyone else. Personally, I will be looking at conformists today.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

White Queen wrote: I still do think, though, that Avalanche was pushing that option. He tried to turn it into a joke, but I don't think it started out that way.
I was trying to push that option. I was very open about that, as well as my reasons for doing so.

If people are going to then make a leap that this makes me suspicious or more likely to be bad, they will have to explain why, because I am not following that logic.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

I'm really curious about the ID. It could make the individual more vulnerable in some way, or it could provide some sort of protection. And there's the third option where it does nothing except perhaps generate discussing and paranoia.

Regarding Avalanche, I'm not really bothered by his choice, we're going to get there sooner or later, but as someone pointed out, by his sudden silence. Like White Queen, I don't think the baddie team would have taken a risk like that at the beginning of the game, with a player that has been very active, just to sacrifice him to gain some credibility. It could be that Avalanche has a powerful role and is not concerned with the possibility of being lynched. I also didn't like the way both Shadowcat and Scarlet Witch started to point fingers without taking into consideration other options, the former in particular. The game does not require knowledge about the X-Men universe, and in yesterday's poll we've had a glimpse of all the places we'll be visiting throughout the duration of the game. Maybe there have been people who had info about it, but judging by our host's reply I doubt it, thus there basically was no correct option.

Anyway, I would like to hear more from the lower posters and Mr Avalanche himself.

Linki It appears that I just did.
Supervisor
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I can explain my sudden silence very easily. I do not have unlimited free time to endless post about Morlocks (as much as I would like to.) I post when I am available, and when I am doing other things, I do not post. Nothing unusual about that.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

You were aware that pushing for that option, even if it was for just teh lulz, would draw a lot a attention, and not the positive kind either. What was the reasoning behind that?
Supervisor
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Hawkeye wrote:You were aware that pushing for that option, even if it was for just teh lulz, would draw a lot a attention, and not the positive kind either. What was the reasoning behind that?
A leader leads, a follower follows.

I am waiting for someone to explain why pushing the Morlock Tunnels makes me more likely to be bad.

I think too often on Day 1 people just vote for whoever they happen to notice, without any other reason. This is illogical.

I want Havoc to explain why using the wrong pronoun about Polaris makes someone more likely to be bad.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

I'm sorry I have not been very talkative. I have been out of commission today with a horrible migraine followed up with nausea - never had anything like it in my life. But I am feeling a bit better now after taking some Excedrin. I haven't had anything more powerful than ibuprofen in years. Anyway, I am able to open my eyes at least and sit up now, so I will use this time to catch up and share my thoughts.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Avalanche wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:You were aware that pushing for that option, even if it was for just teh lulz, would draw a lot a attention, and not the positive kind either. What was the reasoning behind that?

I am waiting for someone to explain why pushing the Morlock Tunnels makes me more likely to be bad.

I think too often on Day 1 people just vote for whoever they happen to notice, without any other reason. This is illogical.

I want Havoc to explain why using the wrong pronoun about Polaris makes someone more likely to be bad.
That does not answer the question, though.

Pushing for an option that according to Vision is not desirable may suggest a baddie pushing for a location that benefits his team, if they had info that is, so that's why some may think you look bad.

I tend to agree with your third paragraph.

Using the wrong pronoun could be interpreted as a baddie slip since theoretically the baddies know the real identity of their teammates, but from what I understood, revealing you real identity in the BTSC is illegal.
No role outing of yourself or anyone else. No avatar outing (even in BTSC).
Supervisor
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Hawkeye wrote: Pushing for an option that according to Vision is not desirable may suggest a baddie pushing for a location that benefits his team, if they had info that is, so that's why some may think you look bad.
I do not have info, but is info necessarily the sole province of baddies? Civs frequently have info as well. I just wanted to fight Morlocks.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Avalanche wrote:

Easy, cuz. Where in the world did I say that SW's grammar made her "more likely to be bad"? I said it was the only thing that I had noticed so far. I then said that people use male pronouns all the time when they don't know the gender. I mainly said it to see how SW would react.

:eye:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

and it's Havok...with a K. :P
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Havok wrote:and it's Havok...with a K. :P
Please forgive my appalling faux pas
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Okay, caught up :)

I am interested in the ID thing as well. I do not think Epignosis would make a game mechanic like that that wouldn't mean anything at all. I mean, I am sure he loves watching us all squirm with wonder, but I would think it means something. Couldn't Polaris actually have some kind of of info but not be allowed to share it, or worse just choose not to share it?

About the gender thing, I do remember reading that it it illegal to share true identity even in BTSC.
Epignosis wrote:Please Read

3. No role outing of yourself or anyone else. No avatar outing (even in BTSC).
Avalanche wrote:
Spiral wrote:

I think it is telling how people are trying to make me out as a villain for having a different opinion about the poll than everyone else. Personally, I will be looking at conformists today.
I think it is only because you were the most vocal about it. There were definitely many players who chose options other than the institute. Take Marrow for example. He has posted twice so far, twice!. His last post was to tell us.
Marrow wrote:I'm going with the spaceship, it seems the most practical.
To this, (early on in Day 0) I responded and asked him to explain why that option was the most practical. He never replied or said another word. I would still like to hear from him as to why the spaceship was the most practical option. I think it is players like these we should be looking at.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Sunfire wrote: To this, (early on in Day 0) I responded and asked him to explain why that option was the most practical. He never replied or said another word. I would still like to hear from him as to why the spaceship was the most practical option. I think it is players like these we should be looking at.
Very wise, young Sunfire. Very wise.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Then again, this post pings me a bit. :ponder:
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

White Queen wrote:
He just popped in towards the end and voted and that was his only post, right? Also only one post from Thunderbird, Sebastian Shaw, Domino, Deathlok & Cable. Why did you single out Rasputin out of those?

I almost did the same thing, actually, in my last post, but then I saw that someone has referred to Polaris as a female, so I went and looked for her avatar. But I am not really familiar with the X Men characters; Scarlett appears to have knowledge about them.
I think you realized I was responding to someone else. :)
Avalanche wrote:
Spiral wrote:

"make me out as a villain"
Avalanche wrote:
Sunfire wrote: To this, (early on in Day 0) I responded and asked him to explain why that option was the most practical. He never replied or said another word. I would still like to hear from him as to why the spaceship was the most practical option. I think it is players like these we should be looking at.
Very wise, young Sunfire. Very wise.
:eye:
dunya
Turnip Head
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

No Spiral, I actually did not. I read your post as a stand alone thing, which is why i thought it was weird that you were calling out one low poster, but not the rest. After Scarlet answered the question I directed at you, I read closer.
Assault
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

White Queen how my heart did ache
And dry my lips no word could make
So still I wait
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Waiting for what? Heartache is a horrible problem; also a common one.

I myself did not benefit from any option; I agree it is possible that you were simply trying to stir the pot. I am not sure I think that that is actually what you were doing, but it is a possibility.
Assault
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Sunfire wrote:Okay, caught up :)

I am interested in the ID thing as well. I do not think Epignosis would make a game mechanic like that that wouldn't mean anything at all. I mean, I am sure he loves watching us all squirm with wonder, but I would think it means something. Couldn't Polaris actually have some kind of of info but not be allowed to share it, or worse just choose not to share it?
If I knew what it meant, I would tell you all that much at least. But you are right about not being able sharing info (Rule #10).

Anyway, I'm willing to be patient and see what happens. Considering that this happened on Night 0, I'm willing to bet it was just a random draw that I came up, seeing as no one (presumably) had an action last night.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I feel like we got off to a bad start. Let's begin again. Hi, I am Avalanche. Want to kill some Morlocks?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

Deadpool looks like Spider-Man, but I feel like he's bad. :eye:
Lunalee
nutella
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Avalanche wrote:I feel like we got off to a bad start. Let's begin again. Hi, I am Avalanche. Want to kill some Morlocks?
haha. If this was facebook I'd click "like".
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:Deadpool looks like Spider-Man, but I feel like he's bad. :eye:
What makes you say this?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Longshot wrote:
Sebastian Shaw wrote:Deadpool looks like Spider-Man, but I feel like he's bad. :eye:
What makes you say this?
No one is making us say anything. We just choose to.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Avalanche is definitely stirring the pot. lol

You aren't Apocalypse, are you, sir?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Havok wrote: You aren't Apocalypse, are you, sir?
I don't think the rules allow me to say which role I am. :)

Return to “Previous Jobs”