Fat Pig (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 19

Re: Angry Birds [Day 1]

Post by fingersplints »

I also didn't like how MM was quick to jump on the Russ vote. I agree with Ice Bear that that is more suspicious.
Gro-oo-ovy
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'm not really a big fan of a Scotty lynch. But that's just me :shrug:

MM I still have never seen as mafia, so he's always in my classified anomaly drawer. But I don't like him just voting for Russ outright.
I'm not picking up anything quite bad about Russ so far.

Might be placing my vote on lipsticklacey unless I see a better reason to vote someone today.

Also thanks for answering my question of whether or not people in the "next level" can post here, llama. Did you receive anything in your ascension into the bird sanctuary?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 37

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote: Also thanks for answering my question of whether or not people in the "next level" can post here, llama. Did you receive anything in your ascension into the bird sanctuary?
Nothing besides what you see on the poll.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 37

Post by thellama73 »

Alright, I gots to go. Voting Scotty. Good luck, Scotty!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:The only person that is ruffling my feathers at the moment, is Boo. He's taking the "logic" stance too seriously. I feel like he wants to seem contributive as well as a little confrontational, like he has nothing to lose, but it seems empty.
Or, you know, it's just that Russti was wrong because he did no-fact checking. Then he continued to be wrong multiple times, but also decided he should tell me to get off my high horse, when he was wrong.That, plus he acted as if he would be bringing logic to the table and then completely failed to do so. He talked about a game where apparently spreading the vote cost people the game. He then laid out a plan that just would have spread out the vote. He's also avoided questions (already). Specifically:
boo wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:So you guys are aware, Recruitment is inTENSE. So I will probably try to be pretty relaxed in this game.

Linki: llama, as I pointed out by citing MOTU, it might very well matter a lot.

boo and Spacedaisy: I chose those three because 1) I know I am civ. 2) Scotty seems like a fine upstanding citizen of this thread and 3) Boomslang has 2 votes already and is cool. So boo, one of them has 2 votes. Please dismount your high horse.
1) Knowing your a civ (if you're a civ) doesn't help other people, because they don't know you're a civ. Obviously everyone is going to act like they're a civ, so it follows that everyone would naturally throw in their own name. Not helpful.

2) Why. How does he seem like more than a fine upstanding citizen of this thread than the three people who already (and actually) have 2 votes?

3) Boomslang voted for himself. That isn't allowed. That vote doesn't count. Boomslang has 1 vote.
He hasn't answered for 2.

I'm also not really sure how I'm taking logic to seriously. I think it's reasonable to expect a person to remain logically consistent. Russti failed to do that, all within a single post, where he 1) Stressed the importance of not spreading the vote (citing a game I didn't play and have no interest in reading, and that no one else has discussed with him), 2) Offering up names for people who he thought we should vote for, even though those 3 people would have just further spread the vote, 3) Proceeded to act offended when people called him out on it, avoiding giving a single helpful answer. 4) Continued to be wrong, a failure of basic-fact checking, which for a person who claims to want to bring logic to the table is, for me at least, is problematic.

But hey, you find people actually thinking and openly discussing those thoughts to seem 'empty', so that's very helpful, and doesn't at all suggest 'you want to seem contributive as well as a little confrontational, like you have nothing to lose'.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by FZ. »

boo wrote:
FZ. wrote:The only person that is ruffling my feathers at the moment, is Boo. He's taking the "logic" stance too seriously. I feel like he wants to seem contributive as well as a little confrontational, like he has nothing to lose, but it seems empty.
Or, you know, it's just that Russti was wrong because he did no-fact checking. Then he continued to be wrong multiple times, but also decided he should tell me to get off my high horse, when he was wrong.That, plus he acted as if he would be bringing logic to the table and then completely failed to do so. He talked about a game where apparently spreading the vote cost people the game. He then laid out a plan that just would have spread out the vote. He's also avoided questions (already). Specifically:
boo wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:So you guys are aware, Recruitment is inTENSE. So I will probably try to be pretty relaxed in this game.

Linki: llama, as I pointed out by citing MOTU, it might very well matter a lot.

boo and Spacedaisy: I chose those three because 1) I know I am civ. 2) Scotty seems like a fine upstanding citizen of this thread and 3) Boomslang has 2 votes already and is cool. So boo, one of them has 2 votes. Please dismount your high horse.
1) Knowing your a civ (if you're a civ) doesn't help other people, because they don't know you're a civ. Obviously everyone is going to act like they're a civ, so it follows that everyone would naturally throw in their own name. Not helpful.

2) Why. How does he seem like more than a fine upstanding citizen of this thread than the three people who already (and actually) have 2 votes?

3) Boomslang voted for himself. That isn't allowed. That vote doesn't count. Boomslang has 1 vote.
He hasn't answered for 2.

I'm also not really sure how I'm taking logic to seriously. I think it's reasonable to expect a person to remain logically consistent. Russti failed to do that, all within a single post, where he 1) Stressed the importance of not spreading the vote (citing a game I didn't play and have no interest in reading, and that no one else has discussed with him), 2) Offering up names for people who he thought we should vote for, even though those 3 people would have just further spread the vote, 3) Proceeded to act offended when people called him out on it, avoiding giving a single helpful answer. 4) Continued to be wrong, a failure of basic-fact checking, which for a person who claims to want to bring logic to the table is, for me at least, is problematic.

But hey, you find people actually thinking and openly discussing those thoughts to seem 'empty', so that's very helpful, and doesn't at all suggest 'you want to seem contributive as well as a little confrontational, like you have nothing to lose'.
I think that usually, baddies feel a lot more logical and a lot less whimsical in their posts. I also think that the latter are easy targets for baddies and end up getting lynched early on.
The WIFOM comment would tell me that baddies do all sort of things and can do exactly the opposite of what is expected of them. Though possible, my unvalidated statistic experience tells me that most of the time, they can't help themselves. Baddies are more calculated and civvies make more "mistakes" that make them look bad.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

I don't think you can bring up meta-game in general, and then ignore meta-game specific to me. We've played together before, and you're making (questionable) generalities that don't apply.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

boo wrote:I don't think you can bring up meta-game in general, and then ignore meta-game specific to me. We've played together before, and you're making (questionable) generalities that don't apply.
I don't see how I'm ignoring meta-game specific to you. Last time we played, I think you were bad, and I remember thinking you made a lot of sense and felt very logical. I know, you're probably a logical guy, but I'd be an idiot to ignore what doesn't feel good to me. That said, this conversation has made me feel slightly better about you.
I don't feel right voting for Russ, so if it's not you, I'm not sure who I would vote for
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm going to have to vote in a couple of hours, and I intend to vote Scotty. No solid reason, just pure hunch. I don't feel good about him.

Discuss.
Scotty seems to enjoy extrapolating which either means he's bad and want to seem present or he enjoy extrapolating, something ice bear enjoys from time to time. Ice bear would much rather advocate a Marmot lynch at this point.
I cannot support this course of action. That would result in the votes being spread (potentially).
WHy is this a bad thing?
It's a bad thing because I would be lynched.

I actually do prefer votes to not be concentrated on one player, and my vote was intended to get a reaction from Russ.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm going to have to vote in a couple of hours, and I intend to vote Scotty. No solid reason, just pure hunch. I don't feel good about him.

Discuss.
Scotty seems to enjoy extrapolating which either means he's bad and want to seem present or he enjoy extrapolating, something ice bear enjoys from time to time. Ice bear would much rather advocate a Marmot lynch at this point.
I cannot support this course of action. That would result in the votes being spread (potentially).
WHy is this a bad thing?

I actually do prefer votes to not be concentrated on one player, and my vote was intended to get a reaction from Russ.
Did you really think he was bad? Why did you choose him to get a reaction from? Why not any of the other players? Do you believe that his suggestion to vote for the specific 3 people was sinister? If so, why?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I need to go to sleep. It's after 1 am here, so I'm going to have to make a choice, based on almost nothing.

One options is Boo, and the other is Splints for saying she didn't like MM's vote for Russ. Though I'm not too fond of it myself, I don't find MM very suspicious for it. It seems like a really stupid way to vote if you're a baddie. This again seems like an easy bandwagon.

Going to give it another minute or so, and if no one comes back by then, I'll make up my mind
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:I need to go to sleep. It's after 1 am here, so I'm going to have to make a choice, based on almost nothing.

One options is Boo, and the other is Splints for saying she didn't like MM's vote for Russ. Though I'm not too fond of it myself, I don't find MM very suspicious for it. It seems like a really stupid way to vote if you're a baddie. This again seems like an easy bandwagon.

Going to give it another minute or so, and if no one comes back by then, I'll make up my mind
Why FS and not Made, who made the original point, that FS just agreed with?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:

Discuss.
WHy is this a bad thing?

Did you really think he was bad? Why did you choose him to get a reaction from? Why not any of the other players? Do you believe that his suggestion to vote for the specific 3 people was sinister? If so, why?
He could be bad, but I voted for him because he suggested a strategy of not spreading out the votes, so I followed his strategy to see how he would respond.

I am disappointed that he hasn't responded yet.

I also noticed and agree with what boo had to say previously.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

boo wrote:
FZ. wrote:I need to go to sleep. It's after 1 am here, so I'm going to have to make a choice, based on almost nothing.

Because it looks more like a bandwagon, and a non-committal claim, that she can later decide what to do with
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:

Discuss.
Well, since the vote is already spread, I will vote scotty as well. It's fun to tie things up b/c tie breakers give info :)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:
boo wrote:

Because it looks more like a bandwagon, and a non-committal claim, that she can later decide what to do with
Pot, kettle, kettle, pot.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Elohcin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:

Discuss.
Well, since the vote is already spread, I will vote scotty as well. It's fun to tie things up b/c tie breakers give info :)
I agree with the idea, but I hope Scotty doesn't get lynched though, because he always dies early in games. I also feel marginally bad for nightkilling him Night 1 in Watchmen. :(

I'd rather lynch Russti.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm voting Splints.
I know it's day 1, but this game seems to be very quiet even for a day 1. I assume this is because of the recruitment game, but I'm not going to try that hard if most players are not going to speak more than a few words. :shrug:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

11 of the 17 players are also playing Recruitment, so you have a valid point there FZ. I think it was Scotty (or someone else) who said that he wouldn't be playing full-fledged this game because of that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Technically 12 players were, but Elohcin was modkilled early in that game. Elohcin, I expect your A-game here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Reading and catching up on (bless you all!) two pages. Stand by.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

There you are nijuukyugou! I was beginning to worry you wouldn't enjoy your golden omelette au fromage.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I prefer mine over easy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Hmm.

I like Ice Bear's style, but I don't like his going after MM already for "weirdness." Guy's been lynched Day 1 so many times lately for "weird" behavior. He's always weird. Don't like that splints jumped on the suspicion, either. Too easy.

I've never played with boo (or at least I don't remember doing so), so I don't know or recognize any style from him. I see him getting frustrated with Russti for not reading carefully and posting, among other things.

Most everything else I've read has been silliness (votes on "hunches" and "creating ties"), which I will not overthink today. Or underthink? No, overthink is right. No overthinking today. That's all for now.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:

Discuss.
I think your idea of fun is different than mine.

I just don't see the same thing as others on Russ still.
And I don't like your definition of fun. At least llama had some sort of guy reason.

Are you saying there could be merit to my reasoning that you could be a bad bird, Elo?

I would prefer not to have to do a retaliation vote on the next highest vote-getter, but it's heading that way, Jim.

Anybody else down for voting for Lipsticklacey? Or LoRab? She hasn't been here today.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

That should read *gut reason

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Checking in and finding my name. I'm playing 2 games and I'm insanely busy in real life. But I didn't want to quit either game, so I 'm doing my best.

Lacey is new and is my friend IRL, I know she hasn't checked in, but she's also brand new to the game. And I think it would be really unwelcoming to lynch her. I also recognize that my friendship colors my view on this. But, really, if she were bad, I'd think her teammates would have told her to post by now, no?

But way to try to get votes away from yourself. You may have just earned my vote.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I see LoRab peeking in right now. Perhaps Lacey will too?

Linki: wait, llama's playing? Oh, I didn't even realize that players were removed from the poll.

Linki 2: there she is.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

LoRab wrote:Checking in and finding my name. I'm playing 2 games and I'm insanely busy in real life. But I didn't want to quit either game, so I 'm doing my best.

Lacey is new and is my friend IRL, I know she hasn't checked in, but she's also brand new to the game. And I think it would be really unwelcoming to lynch her. I also recognize that my friendship colors my view on this. But, really, if she were bad, I'd think her teammates would have told her to post by now, no?

But way to try to get votes away from yourself. You may have just earned my vote.
Oh, I didn't know she was new. I'm feeling ya, I don't want to scare people off by lynching them day 1.
Thanks for checking in LoRab!

I'm really probably going to be throwing my vote elsewhere then. Might be MM, even though he's at least for some sense not to lunch me.

Elo, can you give me a real reason why you're throwing your vote my way?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ugh this feels like Watchmen mafia all over again. I don't really have time to defend if need be in the best few hours and is exactly what happened day 1 then too. I'm going back to work but will vote before the end of the day. I just ask if you vote me please don't just do it because it's fun. At least give me the decency of listing something better than that. It's really not fun to die early in games here.

lipsticklacey
Posts in topic: 32

Post by lipsticklacey »

Hello everyone! Checking in; now to read the rest of the thread and catch up :) Thanks for your patience with the newbie
If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs!
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Scotty wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:

Discuss.
I think your idea of fun is different than mine.

I just don't see the same thing as others on Russ still.
And I don't like your definition of fun. At least llama had some sort of guy reason.

Are you saying there could be merit to my reasoning that you could be a bad bird, Elo?

I would prefer not to have to do a retaliation vote on the next highest vote-getter, but it's heading that way, Jim.

Anybody else down for voting for Lipsticklacey? Or LoRab? She hasn't been here today.
I texted her to remind her the game is on.

linkitis: Oh, hey! She's posted now. Reminder worked. :)
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 19

Post by fingersplints »

I don't see how I am "jumping on a bandwagon" by agreeing with someone. I disagree that MM is an easy target. He has been surviving longer lately for that reason, and just lasted til the end in the last game I play. (or at least longer then I did)
I find both nijuu and FZ hypocritical. nijuu "jumped on the bandwagon of me" (since she says me agreeing with one persons suspicion as jumping on the bandwagon, then her agreeing with one persons suspicion of me is the same). FZ's argument that I was taking a noncommittal stance could be used to apply every suspicion that doesn't have a vote cast with it. How was I even noncommittal? I think I took a pretty clear stance on the issue.
Anyways I am voting for MM. Not because "weird" behaviour, but because I think he is acting suspicious.
Gro-oo-ovy
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

voted Scotty. Weak suspicion, but day 1. I thought by pointing out Lacey and I, he was seriously trying to point figures in any direction other than his. Which doesn't seem like a civ tactic. And he knows from the last game that I have quiet days because of life, so...doesn't seem so authentic to point in my direction because I hadn't posted during this RL day. And voting now because I'm exhausted and starting to fall asleep.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Technically 12 players were, but Elohcin was modkilled early in that game. Elohcin, I expect your A-game here.
Yeah, I asked to be replaced in Recruitment. Both games started at the same time. Plus I am in Lord of the Realms and I have never played anything like it before. On top of that, I am working about 30 hours (a week) on cakes these days. I really ought to learn how to say no. And of course school comes first :p. I have only worked out every other day this week instead of every day. When burning calories gets pushed aside, I know I need to drop some activities :workit:
Scotty wrote: Are you saying there could be merit to my reasoning that you could be a bad bird, Elo?
I thought you were joking when you brought up me possibly being bad b/c I am Simon's mom. Honestly, whenever Simon or Epi hosts, I get to pick my role. Whenever I host, Epi picks his. So, now the question is....what role did Eloh pick? You could get really into it and go look back at all the games Epi has hosted and see who I was in each game. But you really don't need to. I pick civ sometimes, I pick baddie sometimes. I am not partial either way. I usually pick by looking at the role descriptions. I won't go into specifics of what kinds of roles I like and don't like. I wouldn't want to be accused of outing myself. But, I have divulged this information before. Also, I probably don't pick roles that you would guess. In fact, in my last game that I played, I picked what Epi said was his least favorite role. He was surprised I picked it All this to say, :P shame on you if you try to make a case for me being baddie b/c I am the hosts mom. If you can't come up with anything better than that, you must not be a very good mafia player.
Scotty wrote:
I thought I was clear. I believe that making a tie can be a good thing. It allows for possible tie breaking which can give us information about the person who broke the tie. We may not receive this info right away, but later in the game, it cane be quite helpful.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

As I've noted in the Recruitment IV thread:

[Expletive deleted] x 9001, something's come up re: PhD and I'll probably be pulling an all-nighter tonight and possibly tomorrow night to get all of this [expletive deleted] done. I'm sorry, folks, but this absolutely has to come first.

I'm going to just go ahead and vote myself. I know this is unlike me, but I'll be lucky enough to get this done even with not sleeping tonight. I'll catch up properly whenever I can, probably Saturday or Sunday.

I know there's practically nothing in this thread but I haven't even read since my last post and can't afford even an extra minute to think about mafia right now.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

LoRab wrote:voted Scotty. Weak suspicion, but day 1. I thought by pointing out Lacey and I, he was seriously trying to point figures in any direction other than his. Which doesn't seem like a civ tactic. And he knows from the last game that I have quiet days because of life, so...doesn't seem so authentic to point in my direction because I hadn't posted during this RL day. And voting now because I'm exhausted and starting to fall asleep.
If you have followed me at all in any game I play here, my Day 1 is usually centered around looking at people that haven't checked in/posted. My view is if you're in the game, play the game. Why should we keep you around?

Should I not be pointing in directions other than myself? Or should I just vote myself? I'm not sure what constitutes a civ tactic.

Just so you feel better, DFaraday also hasn't posted today.

And hello lipstick! Nice to hear from you, and I hope to get to play with you past Day 1!

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

fingersplints wrote:I don't see how I am "jumping on a bandwagon" by agreeing with someone. I disagree that MM is an easy target. He has been surviving longer lately for that reason, and just lasted til the end in the last game I play. (or at least longer then I did)
I find both nijuu and FZ hypocritical. nijuu "jumped on the bandwagon of me" (since she says me agreeing with one persons suspicion as jumping on the bandwagon, then her agreeing with one persons suspicion of me is the same). FZ's argument that I was taking a noncommittal stance could be used to apply every suspicion that doesn't have a vote cast with it. How was I even noncommittal? I think I took a pretty clear stance on the issue.
Anyways I am voting for MM. Not because "weird" behaviour, but because I think he is acting suspicious.
My question is, to you, what is the difference between MM having "weird behavior" and being "suspicious"? You didn't really explain what exactly was more suspicious than usual, only that he is suspicious, which is what caught my eye. Can you elaborate?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Technically 12 players were, but Elohcin was modkilled early in that game. Elohcin, I expect your A-game here.
Yeah, I asked to be replaced in Recruitment. Both games started at the same time. Plus I am in Lord of the Realms and I have never played anything like it before. On top of that, I am working about 30 hours (a week) on cakes these days. I really ought to learn how to say no. And of course school comes first :p. I have only worked out every other day this week instead of every day. When burning calories gets pushed aside, I know I need to drop some activities :workit:
Scotty wrote: Are you saying there could be merit to my reasoning that you could be a bad bird, Elo?
I thought you were joking when you brought up me possibly being bad b/c I am Simon's mom. Honestly, whenever Simon or Epi hosts, I get to pick my role. Whenever I host, Epi picks his. So, now the question is....what role did Eloh pick? You could get really into it and go look back at all the games Epi has hosted and see who I was in each game. But you really don't need to. I pick civ sometimes, I pick baddie sometimes. I am not partial either way. I usually pick by looking at the role descriptions. I won't go into specifics of what kinds of roles I like and don't like. I wouldn't want to be accused of outing myself. But, I have divulged this information before. Also, I probably don't pick roles that you would guess. In fact, in my last game that I played, I picked what Epi said was his least favorite role. He was surprised I picked it All this to say, :P shame on you if you try to make a case for me being baddie b/c I am the hosts mom. If you can't come up with anything better than that, you must not be a very good mafia player.
Scotty wrote:
I thought I was clear. I believe that making a tie can be a good thing. It allows for possible tie breaking which can give us information about the person who broke the tie. We may not receive this info right away, but later in the game, it cane be quite helpful.
Elo, it's Day 1. Come back to me on Day 2 when the votes can be analyzed and I'll do a better job. Unlike you, at least I feel like I'm putting options out there.

And a host bias could DEFINITELY be here. It may not be the case, it may be complete bunk, and I don't mean to throw shade at Simon, because he's crafted a cool game and I'm sure he's an excellent host. I know that I would find it cool if my mom were mafia. But shame on me? I try to look at all angles here.

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote:
LoRab wrote:voted Scotty. Weak suspicion, but day 1. I thought by pointing out Lacey and I, he was seriously trying to point figures in any direction other than his. Which doesn't seem like a civ tactic. And he knows from the last game that I have quiet days because of life, so...doesn't seem so authentic to point in my direction because I hadn't posted during this RL day. And voting now because I'm exhausted and starting to fall asleep.
If you have followed me at all in any game I play here, my Day 1 is usually centered around looking at people that haven't checked in/posted. My view is if you're in the game, play the game. Why should we keep you around?

Should I not be pointing in directions other than myself? Or should I just vote myself? I'm not sure what constitutes a civ tactic.

And hello lipstick! Nice to hear from you, and I hope to get to play with you past Day 1!
I was working from 8-8 and had no chances to check in.

My really quick summary of the posts makes me feel okay about Boo and Scotty. I'm not sure about FZ, specifically going after Boo for his logic angle (which he always plays anyway). I don't feel like trying to scrutinize posts tonight, so I'll go with my feeling and *vote FZ*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I was working from 8-8 and had no chances to check in.

My really quick summary of the posts makes me feel okay about Boo and Scotty. I'm not sure about FZ, specifically going after Boo for his logic angle (which he always plays anyway). I don't feel like trying to scrutinize posts tonight, so I'll go with my feeling and *vote FZ*
It's all good. I know that feeling. I worked a 6am-4am shift a few days ago. I'm currently locked in a bathroom for the next 5 minutes.

I ask all the people that haven't voted not to vote me out on Day 1. Because 2/4 have no real reason to vote me. Lipstick is new, and I wish her well. But man....

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I'm voting MM because I didn't like his vote early on.

I would vote Elo right now, but I don't think 3 more votes will follow.

Hopefully my second suspicion of the day can get some votes and bail me out here. If not, good luck civs.

You are all now witnessing the first time I have ever really taken votes in my mafia career. And it's completely unfounded.

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

LoRab wrote:Checking in and finding my name. I'm playing 2 games and I'm insanely busy in real life. But I didn't want to quit either game, so I 'm doing my best.

Catching up myself after a long day (of working/going to the video game bar, lol). Of all the discussion, this was what pinged me the most. It seems really WIFOM-y, the idea that she can't be bad due to inactivity; it's just as likely she was coached to stay blendy, as a new player coming out swinging could be seen as a threat.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I've never heard of a video game bar. Is it just as it sounds?
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Well, I gotta vote, so I'll go with splints.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

And, I agree with you Boom, but I think Lorab is just asking us to give her a day or so to get into the game a bit since she is new to Mafia altogether. And it is understandable. I am sure a new player is more likely to play another game in the future if they are not lynched Day 1.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Elohcin wrote:I've never heard of a video game bar. Is it just as it sounds?
It is just as incredible as it sounds :P Cabinet after cabinet of old-school games like Pac-Man and Galaga, all free as long as you're drinking. And I went during happy hour, so $4 craft drafts all the time... it's a dangerous combination.
Elohcin wrote:And, I agree with you Boom, but I think Lorab is just asking us to give her a day or so to get into the game a bit since she is new to Mafia altogether. And it is understandable. I am sure a new player is more likely to play another game in the future if they are not lynched Day 1.
Yeah. I mean, I'm not going to call for any aggro yet, but just wanted to raise the point. It'd be a convenient and dastardly play to use someone's newness for... evil :feb:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh [expletive], I have 7 minutes! Good thing I came in here!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Russtifinko »

I voted MM, since he wanted a reaction. Sorry I took so long to get it to you!
And I'm not that into the lynch of Scotty right now.

Honestly, I will probably try harder in this game than Recruitment, at least at first. It is too overwhelming there, and way more chill here.

If boo and I are having a Being Right Duel, then boo, we never got confirmation that Boomslang's intention to change his vote to me was honored. So it's anybody's guess which of us wins, really.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Yeah, I gotta vote too. I don't have a strong read on anyone really... But I just noticed MP self-vote, which I always think is fishy. You're the only one who knows you're not bad, after all, and voting yourself undermines that trust. *votes MP*

Return to “Previous Side Missions”