[END] Pet Sounds Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 113

Re: [DAY 1] Pet Sounds Mafia

Post by DrWilgy »

What? what am I plating off? I was being predatory, that's not a question, my goal, avoid no lynch, ezpz bb.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

RVS is referring to random vote state (I think), basically a gamestate where we vote randomly due to too little intel.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Do I believe in RVS'ing day one though? not really... Is it a better alternative to No Lynching though? I suppose... Will I eventually change my vote to someone I think is scum vs someone who is just on no lynch? Maybe :shifty:

(sorry for the triple post)
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Enrique »

I'm not sure I dig that approach :shrug2: Trying to get a wagon going so early on is a little not cool. No Lynch is almost definitely not happening the way this is going, and even then, there are other ways to avoid it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by FZ. »

I won't be on much today.

I found bcornett's post about Luke to be opportunistic, and don't get a good vibe from him. My vote goes there for now. Another possibility is Bullzeye for the same reasons.
Wilgy sounds fine to me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

When did I say I was trying to get a wagon going? It was just unfortunate that you already had a vote when you described no lynch as awesome, that's all. Plus we did get something good out of it, luke's questionable vote, that I would like to hear about in detail from him.
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Okay, wait, what? Since when is Bullzeye even playing :p You with us FZ?

Wilgy, it just seems odd that you'd give up on a productive Day 1 so quickly. Do I agree that RVS is preferable to No Lynch? Yeah, I get that, but voting for me at that point was opportunistic. As is, IMO, this whole Luke thing you guys are talking about. His vote is questionable insofar it tells us he hadn't read the thread. Big deal, but absolutely not a reason to be shifting all the attention his way.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Idk, seems pretty relevant. I'd rather take a lynch on someone who isn't going to play than someone who isn't.

Also not being productive my ass! We are discussing babe, so the dance goes on!

When you get the chance FZ, what part of his post gives you the heebee-jeebies?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

We also kinda have quite the bit of time to keep dancing ;)

Poll runs till Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:10 pm
Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Enrique wrote:I really don't want to vote for Luke. But y'all better not let me die either :suspish:

I'm gonna leave Wilgy a vote for now, because out of the candidates so far, he's the only one I can understand. Decent chance I'll still change it if something else comes up or if it's the only way to save myself.

linki: Wait what? You can just say that's not the case, but don't plat it off as if zebra didn't have a point. Having an early vote for the only person who's spoken up and has a vote already can be interpreted as being predatory as hell.

What's RVS? Did you guys really come up with all these new rules and names since the last time I played? :confused2:
yes ricosuave - they really did. it's been an adjutment for me too. :sigh: *shakes old lady cane again*
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Enrique wrote:Okay, wait, what? Since when is Bullzeye even playing :p You with us FZ?

Wilgy, it just seems odd that you'd give up on a productive Day 1 so quickly. Do I agree that RVS is preferable to No Lynch? Yeah, I get that, but voting for me at that point was opportunistic. As is, IMO, this whole Luke thing you guys are talking about. His vote is questionable insofar it tells us he hadn't read the thread. Big deal, but absolutely not a reason to be shifting all the attention his way.
I have missed you. :D :hug:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DrWilgy wrote:Idk, seems pretty relevant. I'd rather take a lynch on someone who isn't going to play than someone who isn't.

who do you think isn't playing?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

bea wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Idk, seems pretty relevant. I'd rather take a lynch on someone who isn't going to play than someone who isn't.

who do you think isn't playing?
Mr. Luke. He stated he hadn't read, but he did vote for Enrique. Makes me wonder why vote if he isn't around to play currently.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I see both Floyd and Bcornett online. You two harolds of Lynching Luke! What doth thou thinketh of eachothereth?

Im also a doctor.
Image Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Enrique wrote:Okay, wait, what? Since when is Bullzeye even playing :p You with us FZ?

I meant Boomslang :derp:

I agree about Luke
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Wilgy, you asked what about bcormett made me feel opportunistic, here it is:
bcornett24 wrote:
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I don't either, but Enrique hasn't had any experience with it. Why suspect him?
I kinda figured I'd end up getting votes if it turned to be a historically bad idea, but it caught my eye and it's not like there's been a lot more to discuss, even now.

So basically we play it hardcore these games. It's pretty essential to be getting our lynches right from the start or we're toast. That makes sense. Hope to see more discussion before the poll's up.
Why did you suspect that you would be getting votes? Why is it a bad idea to vote for you?
Those questions. What did he expect him to say when asking why is it a bad idea to vote for him? It's the kind of question that you ask just for the sake of asking a question. Seems like trying to be helpful when you're really not.

And then, since I think going after Luke for his vote is silly, because as a baddie, you'd have to be an idiot to vote like that after the discussion that was happening, I didn't like his vote here:
bcornett24 wrote:
Luke11646 wrote:I'm voting no lynch for the moment, might change later
I think this needs to change, no day one votes is a horrible idea Luke11646
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Good observation, I missed the "why is it a bad idea to vote for you?"

Bcornett, what answer did/do you expect out of Zebra?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm... Looks like bcornett is out. I wonder if he at least read the thread.
Image Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DrWilgy wrote:Good observation, I missed the "why is it a bad idea to vote for you?"

It wasn't aimed at zebra. it was aimed at Enrique.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Good observation, I missed the "why is it a bad idea to vote for you?"

It wasn't aimed at zebra. it was aimed at Enrique.
one moment, going back and re-reading. I thought I had remembered the context.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ok, I'm a dummy, so...

Bcornett, what answer did/do you expect out of Enrique?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MM, have you marked any players as "not voting for?" yet?
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:Dearest host MP: In case of a tie, will you randomize the lynch result?
Yes.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I won't be back until the end of the day, so I'm leaving my vote on bcornett. It's the best I have for day 1. I hope more people come and talk.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Choutas »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Come on Choutas, let's get 9,000 posts in this game. You and me.
Haha half of my posts are shitposts anyway so why not?
We need to live the day of the marmot to accomplish that. 9000 is a daunting task.
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I initially voted for DrWilgy as a joke but I don't dig this:
DrWilgy wrote:Enrique gets my vote for now. I don't think "no lynch" has ever been a fantastic option for civilians in any game I've played.
As I said, I don't understand why you would vote for someone for showing interest in something they are unaccustomed to, whether it's pro-town or not. It seems opportunistic and too easy.
too easy indeed, if I wanted to put a vote on someone early and stick to it for purposes of mislynch I'd put alittle more effort into it, perhaps by playing off someone's opportunism? :beer:

Voting someone for showing interest in a mechanic they don't know about is fine when we have nothing else to go on, but I'll move my vote to Choutas for actually being on no lynch.

I mean... I'd rather have RVS than No Lynch, at least that way we get info. Even if I were to die via RVS, you may be able to pick out some baddies via vote patterns later on. The only times where I've seen a LYLO situation as civ (I say seen, because I was always dead at that point) were due to no lynching, so let's not do that.

Would y'all believe me if I said I was a Doctor? I don't think I've set my tempo yet... What do I do this game?
What is your fascination with me? You're into me or something? I'm still mad at your for getting me lynched last game.

Enrique you speak Spanish? I always wanted to accuse someone in Spanish.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Transitory vote on Tranq to make him post more. It's still way too early to have a solid suspicion :ponder:
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

One of the legendarily weird songs by both groups.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 75

Post by a2thezebra »

bea wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Matt F wrote:Boomslang, Luke is pretty new to Mafia just so you know. He's played a few games but I think he's still getting the grasp of it.
Fair enough, and I'll take that under consideration. Still, even if he's new, he's had the same chance to study the thread and its arguments as the rest of us. The vote did come after all of that naysaying, so to ignore it is still making a statement.
he's so new...are you sure he read the thread and digested it like he should have??

And I"m going to correct matt too. He's not played "a few games'" he's played one. Epi's speed game- in which he's prolly going to be lynched.

He's as new and green as they come near as I can tell boom.
That's the thing. There's no scum motivation for ignoring the arguments against a No Lynch. If he didn't read the thread, he didn't read the thread. It ain't a big deal. And if he's bad and he did read the thread, what could he possibly have to gain by trying to sway the town in favor of a No Lynch when clearly no one would support him? I'm more suspicious of those that are looking at his No Lynch post as an opportunity.

And Wilgy, Choutas' No Lynch vote is unexplained. And he's no stranger to the game. That's something to raise an eyebrow to indeed...that is until he changed it to Tranq. I think it was just a placeholder since his initial vote was rendered moot and he had no other pings at the time. I believe you're response and that you weren't trying to start a wagon so I'll switch my vote to the most opportunistic of the Luke voters, bcornett. I don't buy bcornett's reasoning at all.

bcornett24
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Technically we weren't on the same team when I got you lynched last game, so I'm not going to apologize for that one.

For reference later on:
Luke11646
Boomslang (9), bcornett24 (10), TheFloyd73 (11) 18%
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also...
Choutas wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Come on Choutas, let's get 9,000 posts in this game. You and me.
Haha half of my posts are shitposts anyway so why not?
We need to live the day of the marmot to accomplish that. 9000 is a daunting task.
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I initially voted for DrWilgy as a joke but I don't dig this:
DrWilgy wrote:Enrique gets my vote for now. I don't think "no lynch" has ever been a fantastic option for civilians in any game I've played.
As I said, I don't understand why you would vote for someone for showing interest in something they are unaccustomed to, whether it's pro-town or not. It seems opportunistic and too easy.
too easy indeed, if I wanted to put a vote on someone early and stick to it for purposes of mislynch I'd put alittle more effort into it, perhaps by playing off someone's opportunism? :beer:

Voting someone for showing interest in a mechanic they don't know about is fine when we have nothing else to go on, but I'll move my vote to Choutas for actually being on no lynch.

I mean... I'd rather have RVS than No Lynch, at least that way we get info. Even if I were to die via RVS, you may be able to pick out some baddies via vote patterns later on. The only times where I've seen a LYLO situation as civ (I say seen, because I was always dead at that point) were due to no lynching, so let's not do that.

Would y'all believe me if I said I was a Doctor? I don't think I've set my tempo yet... What do I do this game?
What is your fascination with me? You're into me or something? I'm still mad at your for getting me lynched last game.

Enrique you speak Spanish? I always wanted to accuse someone in Spanish.
Maybe... :cloud9:

Why Tranq Choutas?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

This spread of votes is pretty nice actually. I screencapd it for later and will upload when I can.

Matt and Bea are the only two who haven't voted yet. I would recommend they do so even if it's gth
Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Matt »

G2H I think someone in the Luke voters is bad.

bcornett for now.
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

https://gyazo.com/e01d6fef6c453c8dcfc54d74858612ad (non altered gyazo link, if you really need it)
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 75

Post by a2thezebra »

*your, fuck me
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh, nvm
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Man, where is everyone? My one day off from work, I try to be as active as possible, and EVERYONE IS AFK!!!
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

bea wrote:

I have missed you. :D :hug:
right back at you bea :hugs:

I do speak Spanish, Choutas. A couple of times when I've hosted I switch it up and make the whole game in Spanish for a bit, always fun :p

Now, as for game related stuff... I really don't feel comfortable with any of the lynch trains currently. I feel like there's a lot of opportunism going into both, but I guess that's the way these games go. The whole Luke thing seems so silly, and I guess the reason bcornett is getting votes in the first place is for jumping into that, so out of those two I'd feel better with a bcornett vote atm. Still, I don't know, something feels fishy about the way this lynch is going.

Keeping my vote where it is for now.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Why is your vote on me a better option than the others Enrique?
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I feel okay with it, I know that I voted for my own reasons. I don't really trust the bcornett and especially Luke votes.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Has what I said and or done changed your original views of me whatsoever or affected those own reasons in any way? If so were they for the good or better?
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Honestly eh I don't know. I'm a bit sleep deprived right now and can't think too hard. It's still way too early to know anything for sure but I know I'd rather vote for you than either of the two leading candidates.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sounds good to me then, rest up Enrique.

I saw a boomslang... I wonder where it went.
Image Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Boomslang »

As I said, my vote wasn't set in stone but merely there to spur some more discussion. Which I think it did quite nicely. Zebra summarizes the other side of the argument (that there's no good baddie reason to vote No Lynch after the thread discussion) very well, and I concur.

I'm growing a little more interested in DrWilgy. I feel like he's pumping up his post count with a lot of short comments and questions that could be condensed into single posts. This runs a little counter to what I saw in Recruitment; obviously this is a totally different game, but it's enough to increase my interest.

Tranq should really do a post soon, I think. With 13 people, flying under the radar should be a no-go. I'll change up the vote there to increase the urgency.

Linki: Not all of us are lean, mean posting machines, good Doctor.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boomslang wrote:As I said, my vote wasn't set in stone but merely there to spur some more discussion. Which I think it did quite nicely. Zebra summarizes the other side of the argument (that there's no good baddie reason to vote No Lynch after the thread discussion) very well, and I concur.

I'm growing a little more interested in DrWilgy. I feel like he's pumping up his post count with a lot of short comments and questions that could be condensed into single posts. This runs a little counter to what I saw in Recruitment; obviously this is a totally different game, but it's enough to increase my interest.

Tranq should really do a post soon, I think. With 13 people, flying under the radar should be a no-go. I'll change up the vote there to increase the urgency.

Linki: Not all of us are lean, mean posting machines, good Doctor.
See, but I was also tracker in recruitment, I'm pretty sure I'm not tracker this game. Other than my posting style this game compared to recruitment, has anything I have stated spiked your intrest?
Image Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Boomslang »

DrWilgy wrote:What? what am I plating off? I was being predatory, that's not a question, my goal, avoid no lynch, ezpz bb.
I'm really confused by this post in particular. Seems like you're throwing off a lot of short phrases, a breathless defense of yourself. Possibly a little more worried than you should be.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Tranq »

DrWilgy wrote:I saw a boomslang... I wonder where it went.
I know where it went :p
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Tranq »

I'm moving my vote away from Bea.

Who should i vote for?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boomslang wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:What? what am I plating off? I was being predatory, that's not a question, my goal, avoid no lynch, ezpz bb.
I'm really confused by this post in particular. Seems like you're throwing off a lot of short phrases, a breathless defense of yourself. Possibly a little more worried than you should be.
I responded that way due to not fully understanding his statement. The term plating, I only realized now may have been the word playing, and that threw me for a loop :P I also, don't think I was defending myself, more so explaining what I'm doing. If I were defending myself, it would be more like "your suspicion of me is wrong because I'm trying to avoid a no lynch." Instead, I don't see his suspicion as wrong, just rather not well made.

I spy a tranq!

Linki - I'm not sure, I would like to hear from MM, bcornett, floyd and luke at this point. Maybe vote them and force some explanations?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ooh ooh! Also Choutas, I want in Choutas's head as well.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”