Damn fine work!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 7]

Post by juliets »

OMG he was Mafia! [mention]dyachei[/mention] gg, [mention]Logic[/mention] gg! I was so wrong about them! The rest of you rock!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Did they not use their kills? Or did the mafia miss kills? Very odd.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm so tooting my own horn here. Fuck yeah!

I'm not actually bad at mafia.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:39 pm I have godly reads and Dya and Samu are scum.

Thank me later. :beer:
:beer:
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:48 pmMeh, no. I just know she also has a tracker claim. Town could have two trackers I guess, I think hers is also conditional. Of the few posts I've read this game I remember Dya and Samu asking me if it was "normal" for me to tunnel Nut when I made a joke about it, and that pinged me a bit after Nut flipped mafia. But that's like super minor, and only reason I'm bringing it up is probably because it's the only thing I have that's not claim related.
Why is it that everytime I ever express something as a blatant statement like that (which basically happens like once in a game) I'm so often correct? But I say it with like a jokey tone and I don't explain it before later and then nobody cares including me lol. The exact same thing happened in semis in champs. =p

Beware the Dizzy prophecies as they shall come to pass!

Ok. Done tooting my horn now, but that was satisfying.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

Come on people that was all me lol
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] I will look at others too now that we're down to just the Rogue. As I said, I don't want to tunnel you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:09 pm I'm so tooting my own horn here. Fuck yeah!

I'm not actually bad at mafia.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:39 pm I have godly reads and Dya and Samu are scum.

Thank me later. :beer:
:beer:
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:48 pmMeh, no. I just know she also has a tracker claim. Town could have two trackers I guess, I think hers is also conditional. Of the few posts I've read this game I remember Dya and Samu asking me if it was "normal" for me to tunnel Nut when I made a joke about it, and that pinged me a bit after Nut flipped mafia. But that's like super minor, and only reason I'm bringing it up is probably because it's the only thing I have that's not claim related.
Why is it that everytime I ever express something as a blatant statement like that (which basically happens like once in a game) I'm so often correct? But I say it with like a jokey tone and I don't explain it before later and then nobody cares including me lol. The exact same thing happened in semis in champs. =p

Beware the Dizzy prophecies as they shall come to pass!

Ok. Done tooting my horn now, but that was satisfying.
Congrats Dizzy lol!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok goodnight and congrats all around!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ok we got 8 v 1 mountainous now kids.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay the rogue is 100% not Nook, Ted or Dizzy.

SPF/PC
Long Con
Juliets/Oddmerta

Rogue will probably inherit the kill here. Hopefully just a factional and we didn't just activate a worse killer.

I'm a bit worried all the magpie visitors might die tonight. If we do just yeet SPF and win.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

First cab off the ranks is executing Mr. Magpie imo. I wanna see wtf that shit be doin.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Beware the prophecies of Dizzy. :srsnod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:22 pm First cab off the ranks is executing Mr. Magpie imo. I wanna see wtf that shit be doin.
Magpie definitely is Rogue flavoured.

It may also be some sort of recruitment, in which case it's pretty scary.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And obviously Joseph and I are still not within the ranks of the magpie, but if it is a recruitment, I'd like to volunteer tonight! :nicenod:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 pm Come on people that was all me lol
Of course <3

I'm not doing much with them, but it's just I very often have these prophecies. =p

So next time I say something declarative out of the blue like that, just sheep it lol. (Now it won't work) :llama:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I have literally no clue what you are all talking about re Magpie lol.

If this is going to become important and I'm going to see my first Day 8 (fuck) of a mafia game, can someone please please please @ me with an explanation of what this is?

Sorry for being a wet noodle this game. Thank you all for carrying.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

so, how the hell do we hunt for 3p?

the strongest argument i can provide in favor of me not being 3p is the fact that i have townsided INCREDIBLY hard. i hardpushed on nearly all of the mafia, and in my position as a 3p, i would want to have the mafia around for quite a long time so that i don't get steamrolled when they all get eliminated. i would NEVER participate in a steamrolling of the mafia team like i did as 3p if my sole motivation was self-preservation. i would stoke paranoia and tear people apart

you can not read my game w/a straight face and tell me you believe that i had a 3p strategy in mind
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Being 3p =/= having a 3p strategy in mind.

Or maybe that's just me. =p
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 pm Being 3p =/= having a 3p strategy in mind.

well the 3p strategy is to self-preserve, right? 3p generally wants to survive until endgame. i, spf, do not survive until endgame by eliminating the mafia team incredibly fast
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:41 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 pm Being 3p =/= having a 3p strategy in mind.

well the 3p strategy is to self-preserve, right? 3p generally wants to survive until endgame. i, spf, do not survive until endgame by eliminating the mafia team incredibly fast
Yeah, but you wouldn't know if you were right or wrong about any given mafia member. And you would want to actually try to find scum because you need to appear townish to the townsfolk.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:47 pm

Yeah, but you wouldn't know if you were right or wrong about any given mafia member. And you would want to actually try to find scum because you need to appear townish to the townsfolk.
true, but since the majority of the scumreads i outed in this game were mafia, you know for a fact that i gave you my real reads, and pushed on them. if my strategy was to self-preserve, then i would absolutely obfuscate my reads and pressure people that i didnt actually suspect
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:49 pm

true, but since the majority of the scumreads i outed in this game were mafia, you know for a fact that i gave you my real reads, and pushed on them. if my strategy was to self-preserve, then i would absolutely obfuscate my reads and pressure people that i didnt actually suspect
So you say. :mafia:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:54 pm

well if i have any sense of basic strategy, then yeah, i do :P
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 pm

The idea that there is only one possible strategy that you could follow as a 3p doesn't hold any weight at all with me, sorry.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:06 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 pm

The idea that there is only one possible strategy that you could follow as a 3p doesn't hold any weight at all with me, sorry.
there isnt only one strategy i could follow as 3p, but my point is that my strategy this game would be diametrically opposed to how a 3p strategy should be. the fact that nobody believes that i am not 3p is proof of that
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

How about this strategy: do well against the mafia so the town likes you, but don't be the main voice in the thread; let others draw the nightkills with their many town posts and outed power roles. Just tell everyone you can't claim.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:14 pm How about this strategy: do well against the mafia so the town likes you, but don't be the main voice in the thread; let others draw the nightkills with their many town posts and outed power roles. Just tell everyone you can't claim.
if the strategy involves playing a decent role in killing several of the mafia, which both puts you at risk at being nightkilled while eliminating the mafia pool so quickly that you become more suspicious when the mafia are gone, then that strategy doesn't work very well at all, does it?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hell yeah

I hate 3p tbh 3p hunting is the worst
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Same. We won this game and we all know it.

Hell yeah we did

So my 3p pool is like

Spf/PC

And fuck me if it’s not one of those yeah?

I guess LC maybe I haven’t read Jules’ thing there yet idk if it makes sense or not
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

I thought dyachei was faking those tracker results, I guess not

They clearly weren’t faking the track results but trackers can be mafia too lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:16 am Hell yeah we did

So my 3p pool is like

Spf/PC

And fuck me if it’s not one of those yeah?

I guess LC maybe I haven’t read Jules’ thing there yet idk if it makes sense or not
break down how that's your POE pool for me. what makes the other players not 3p?

Magpie makes some sense as 3p I think

PC’s bunch of stuff role also makes sense as a 3p role to me

I am but a simple man tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:39 am Magpie makes some sense as 3p I think

this seems like an extremely bad way to hunt for the 3p but in fairness to you, i dont see many other feasible ways to hunt for the 3p other than identifying who was the most "out of place" in the game overall

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:55 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:39 am Magpie makes some sense as 3p I think

this seems like an extremely bad way to hunt for the 3p but in fairness to you, i dont see many other feasible ways to hunt for the 3p other than identifying who was the most "out of place" in the game overall
I mean

Do you have a better way than “who has a role that makes sense as 3p”

Cause I don’t think I do kek

I mean moving forward it’s basically scumhunting

But rn we’re basically in D1 with an inno child in ted, none of our other clears are meaningful AFAIK
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:58 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:55 am

I mean

Do you have a better way than “who has a role that makes sense as 3p”

Cause I don’t think I do kek
it just seems like meaningless speculation to me, though. we know nothing about the magpie and to assume that it inherently has 3p equity is again, an assumption based off of wishful thinking. the same goes for poison's role - it makes sense if poison's role could be 3p, but i feel the same way about nearly every player here. judging 3p equity by roleclaims just feels flimsy to me

we should basically be treating like this we just entered a daystart game with one mafia who has no partners

I disagree that it’s particularly flimsy, some role claims have considerably more 3p equity than others. I’m not going to gamble the game entirely on that but ignoring it completely seems stupid to me, YMMV 🤷‍♀️

I get that you’re going to push magpie as not being 3p cause there’s a good chance you are magpie but FMPOV I think there’s a solid chance it is 🤷‍♀️
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:48 am I get that you’re going to push magpie as not being 3p cause there’s a good chance you are magpie but FMPOV I think there’s a solid chance it is 🤷‍♀️
based on what? wishful thinking? the train of thought of: "i do not particularly know what a role does, so it's more likely to be 3p than not" is flimsy. i get that the options are narrow, but i'd rather base my vote on "scumhunting" instead of speculation over mechanics

Speculation over mechanics caught three or four scum so

Meh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:59 am Speculation over mechanics caught three or four scum so

Meh
ehhhh i would definitely argue that we would have caught those scum solely through partner equity/scumhunting

Idk how you can look at this game with scum getting rekt by mechanics left and right and go “the cultured view is that mech sux” 🤷‍♀️
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Samusamu is mafia mvpor sure, it was really hard to suspect him from his play. He got meched
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

*mvp for sure
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:17 am Idk how you can look at this game with scum getting rekt by mechanics left and right and go “the cultured view is that mech sux” 🤷‍♀️
nutella/jpic/spirit all definitely would have still died with or without mechanics
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Wow, dya’s good
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I need more self-appreciation

I am glad I sheeped Mac and I was right about Nanook’s argument being NAI :P
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I’m yeeting Oddmerta next, probably

Unknown claims gotta go
ImageImageImageImage

I don’t think we have time to get rid of all the unknowns

Return to “Previous Jobs”