I think you all did it~ (h/n/blah blah)
47%

Total votes: 15
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Re: MacGyver Mafia~It's NOT Night 5

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yay! :fiesta: Good game everyone! And congrats to Kate, Juliets, and Dex too. You were awesome teammates! I'm surprised we actually made it through without any mistakes. I figured the night we tried to kill boo and He-Man that at least one of them would survive. But I guess that was just me being paranoid lol.

And Russ, you should have gone with your original instincts about me possibly being bad. But oh well. :feb:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

OK, now everyone go sign up for MINECRAFT, Andrew's second offering to the world of mafia!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 68

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I was completely convinced Juliets was good, soc congratulations to her for pulling the wool over my eyes.

Man, I hate losing.
You are still alive so how did you lose? I don't understand. :|
My win condition of killing all the baddies was not satisfied and I was not on the winning team.
Yeah, rather than let them kill you & Russti, I decided to end it that way~ it was inevitable, and I don't think the baddies wanted to kill you any more than you wanted to die.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

reywaS wrote:I thought juliets was civ for sure...well played. I had major doubts about Dex, though, toward the end. We tried to kill Dex one night before MP and Vomp were lynched.
It just so happened that we used our one time only team protection the night you tried to kill Dex. We were very lucky.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
reywaS wrote:I thought juliets was civ for sure...well played. I had major doubts about Dex, though, toward the end. We tried to kill Dex one night before MP and Vomp were lynched.
It just so happened that we used our one time only team protection the night you tried to kill Dex. We were very lucky.
I wondered what happened there; that makes sense. Nice call on that one, lol.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by reywaS »

juliets wrote:
The night you guys killed me, I was going to use my protection but I changed my mind at the last minute.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

reywaS wrote:
juliets wrote:
The night you guys killed me, I was going to use my protection but I changed my mind at the last minute.
Oh man, I didn't know that! LOL. That sucks big time.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow, so everything that could have gone wrong for the civs did go wrong. Juliets, it may have been painful for you but you played a masterful baddie game, especially in the BTSC rooms. You were the player I thought was least likely to be bad.

However, it does seem like my original instincts were more or less right, at least on BWT and Dex. I'll have to keep that in mind for next game.

And MP, you should have recruited me! You guys could have really used my lynch switch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Actually, BWT was a civvie for several days, but like 2 days after he got back from being out of town, Kate found him.

And yeah, the civvies for the most part went after each other. It was really fun watching this game, it was fast moving, and you all were awesome players, really getting into the spirit of things. I think I am going to do a full game "80's Mafia", I had forgotten how much corny, cheesy goodness was in that decade~ I was (obviously) very distracted by it in this game, lol. But i had tons of fun hosting, Thank You all for being such fun players :daisy:
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Snow Dog »

Even though it seems I technically won I don't feel I did anything to deserve it. I was convinced by Kate who I trusted tha BWT was good rather than bad as I suspected so was totally duped. A do admit though I didn't care who died but i thought a Baddie end would be easier and quicker so was rooting for the civs. But the baddies were a larger body than i anticipated and every question i asked kate reasured me.

Well done Kate...I suppose... :|
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Snow Dog wrote:Even though it seems I technically won I don't feel I did anything to deserve it. I was convinced by Kate who I trusted tha BWT was good rather than bad as I suspected so was totally duped. A do admit though I didn't care who died but i thought a Baddie end would be easier and quicker so was rooting for the civs. But the baddies were a larger body than i anticipated and every question i asked kate reasured me.

Well, your win conditions as an Indy were "Alive at the End", you only had to survive. Had she found you rather than BWT, then YOU would have been the baddie. There were a lot of possibilities in this game, but Penny being recruited by the baddies was one I did not expect (they recruited way earlier than I thought they would, given that the power was "recruit or rezz"). I expected Penny to have found you or BWT by then.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Even though it seems I technically won I don't feel I did anything to deserve it. I was convinced by Kate who I trusted tha BWT was good rather than bad as I suspected so was totally duped. A do admit though I didn't care who died but i thought a Baddie end would be easier and quicker so was rooting for the civs. But the baddies were a larger body than i anticipated and every question i asked kate reasured me.

Well, your win conditions as an Indy were "Alive at the End", you only had to survive. Had she found you rather than BWT, then YOU would have been the baddie. There were a lot of possibilities in this game, but Penny being recruited by the baddies was one I did not expect (they recruited way earlier than I thought they would, given that the power was "recruit or rezz"). I expected Penny to have found you or BWT by then.
I suppose I should be happy. After all I pretended to be civ. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate said that she thought she knew my role. I wonder how? What gave me away?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Snow Dog wrote:Kate said that she thought she knew my role. I wonder how? What gave me away?
I had a feeling you were on your own so you were on my short list of people to search for mcg or the bomb. On day two me, dex and jc went through each player and narrowed it down to you or bwt (after I had searched first jc and then boo). If it weren't bwt we were going for you next. We kept trying to see if you would agree with our lynch choices and when you did we just hoped we were right about you cuz we planned to bring you to the end.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Kate said that she thought she knew my role. I wonder how? What gave me away?
I had a feeling you were on your own so you were on my short list of people to search for mcg or the bomb. On day two me, dex and jc went through each player and narrowed it down to you or bwt (after I had searched first jc and then boo). If it weren't bwt we were going for you next. We kept trying to see if you would agree with our lynch choices and when you did we just hoped we were right about you cuz we planned to bring you to the end.
My willingness to agree with your choices could have signified I was weak willed, rather than as a indie I didn't care who died. But I was convinced you and dex were civvie. Well played you two.

Which means I was right about BWT...yay me!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

How did Llama a nd Roxy become the A Team?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Just Roxy was the A Team, llama was not. First NK civ. I mentioned Rox & llama together in the post game becasue they were at each others throats the whole game, and they were Duct & Swiss, a team without BTS in the game. Swiss picked a power from a list for Duct to use the next night, and Duct picked a target. It was interesting, they were so suspicious of each other, yet were working together behind the scenes. Not knowing she was Duct, and dead, llama kept sending in the powers, of course. Had a member of the other bad team been lynched, she would have gotten her swiss powers back as the A Team.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Then how did Roxy become the A Team? I must have missed this but I have reread it all I think.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

She was the first NKed civvie.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:She was the first NKed civvie.
So that was a secret thing that happened that only you knew? OK. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, Roxy knew XD

But it is a fairly common mechanic, i have seen mystery roles in several games, hosts have different ways to use mystery roles. Some have mystery roles with dedicated players, some from the opening of the game, and some assigned as the game goes along.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mystery roles are fun!

I think my favorite thing like that I've ever done was in Avant 1 when I had a secret fifth team (The Residents) and people had no idea (while players kept dying at the hands of a ???? killer, turns out it was three cursers/killers). Totally blew minds when it was revealed.

Sure, you can play a mafia game with no complexities or hidden aspects, but often times I would ask, where's the fun in that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

EBWOP: I was wondering who the A Team was all along and I thought it was probably someone not playing the game but who obviously knew the community. Makes sense that it was Rox but I wouldn't have guessed it.
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dex »

Snowy, when you and Kate and I were in that last auxiliary chat group, and you asked who should get the +1 vote, and I suggested BWT, and you said "But Kate thinks he's civ", I felt truly bad. Part of me just wanted to say "But we're all three of us on the baddie team! Run! Run for your life!" :blush:
*indiglowing*
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dex wrote:Snowy, when you and Kate and I were in that last auxiliary chat group, and you asked who should get the +1 vote, and I suggested BWT, and you said "But Kate thinks he's civ", I felt truly bad. Part of me just wanted to say "But we're all three of us on the baddie team! Run! Run for your life!" :blush:
Thanks Dex. I appreciate that. On the other hand as long as no harm was meant to me it was fine. Feel bad I was duped though. I had a nagging doubt about kate for a moment or two, but never suspected you. :eek:

I forgot to ask svs...hjow were these little nightly btsc worked out?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LOL< I don't love giving my secrets away, so i guess i won't do this particular thing again~

Basically the night polls were discussion generators, and thats it. The first night 4 people were picked at random, after that, I subtracted those who had been in chat from the random pool, and rerandomized until I had less than 4, and rerandomized from the whole group. The only time it was NOT random was after the A Team came into play, since Rox had never been in a group before dying, she went into the next group, and the other people in the group were random.

In a prior game I had a similar mechanic, but actually based it on the night results, and it accidentally cast suspicion on a baddie, which was not her fault, but only the fault of the poll, so i decided not to do that again.

The night polls were meaningless :ohyeah:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dex wrote: Part of me just wanted to say "But we're all three of us on the baddie team! Run! Run for your life!" :blush:
Part of me wants to say this every baddie game i play, lol.

But only a small part :feb:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:
The night polls were meaningless :ohyeah:
Why you.........darn it! It was fun though. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

yay!
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dex »

Sweet! :D
*indiglowing*

Return to “Previous Side Missions”