LittleTiger
38%
Mongoose
25%
Roxy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Your Little Brother (The Host, The Mod, The Non)
38%

Total votes: 8
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 172

Sub-Con [Lizzy]

Post by Epignosis »

Don’t Wake Phanto!

Phanto is the ancient mask that guards the key leading to a hoard of treasure. Upon entering the mystic door that led to his chambers, you started to wake him.

Participants have ten posts to decode a four symbol code. Symbols include:

Participants will post four images. Images may repeat. The Host will respond with a different code: White circles indicate “correct shape, incorrect position,” whilst red circles indicate “correct symbol, correct position.”

Participants only get a total of ten posts to solve the code! Failure to solve the puzzle by the end of the Day phase will bring Phanto’s curse upon you: A living participant will have four received lynch votes that same Day. A dead failure loses twenty coins.

If Phanto remains asleep, however, the players will be able to help themselves to a share of the treasure!

No double posting: For this reason, there must be at least two participants.

There is no discussion permitted, here or elsewhere. You may only post when taking a turn. Remember, you only get ten POSTS (not turns) to solve. If you do not wish to participate, then simply do not post in the Sub-Con thread. If you have a question, PM the Host.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Sub-Con [Lizzy]

Post by Epignosis »

The puzzle has been chosen.

ImageImageImageImage

You may begin.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Snow Dog »

ImageImageImageImage
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Day 8]

Post by Bullzeye »

Why is MP on the poll when he's dead?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fixed, thanks.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:ImageImageImageImage
Nothing.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Yeah Hedge, it was a fun but very tough quiz. BWT, I get that you've been busy, but I think you should just read back on the thread yourself. It's really not that bad, espeically considering Day 1 was a lot of OT. I think it's inconsiderate to ask us to rehash our positions because of your absence and threaten us with your vote if we don't comply, and I'm not going to do it. Vote me if you must, but I'd prefer you do your own readthrough and make an educated decision.

And Bullz, no idea about MP. I mean, he is our foe, so technically we'd all we right in voting him, but since he still seems dead t might not be very productive.

Linki: Never mind.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:Yeah Hedge, it was a fun but very tough quiz. BWT, I get that you've been busy, but I think you should just read back on the thread yourself. It's really not that bad, espeically considering Day 1 was a lot of OT. I think it's inconsiderate to ask us to rehash our positions because of your absence and threaten us with your vote if we don't comply, and I'm not going to do it. Vote me if you must, but I'd prefer you do your own readthrough and make an educated decision.

And Bullz, no idea about MP. I mean, he is our foe, so technically we'd all we right in voting him, but since he still seems dead t might not be very productive.

I agree, I think my exhaustive account yesterday of what I've done for the civ cause, why I voted for you, and I why I won't be voting for you today was adequate.

And all, we shouldn't assume that out of Bullz and BirdwithTeeth only one is bad. I've not suspected Bullz as much as some of you but many have seen the case.

Also, I think something is screwy with what BWT said happened to him. So were you Goomba'd (which would be by the Grass King) or Frozen (Frozen would be duplicative in parts to the Grass King's abilities, but it would alert us that there were at least two kings voting for BWT yesterday. This doesn't prove BWT's guilt certainly, but definitely demonstrates that at least two civs think he is suspicious).

That said, I know what it's like to be as busy as BWT, and that's definitely a position I empathize with. Anyway, I want to give him some time. Time to hear from him on what he has done for the civ cause, as well as answering all the questions he asked from Russti, Bullz and myself. What's good for the (Mon)goose is good for the Gander.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:ImageImageImageImage
Nothing.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If the image isn't showing up, that last one was four stars.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

ImageImageImageImage
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:If the image isn't showing up, that last one was four stars.
I don't see it
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You are correct, well done.

Your reward will be PMed to you at the end of the Day period.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
You are correct, well done.

Your reward will be PMed to you at the end of the Day period.
Really? I got it? Wow! :wine:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Hedgeowl »

Congrats Snow! That was so fast. I Hope you are super close to buying a 1 up this game!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Night 7]

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:
So just so I'm 200% clear, who are we looking to get tomorrow? I'd be better able to voice my agreement or lack thereof if I knew.
Russti - we discussed LT a bit here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 050#p29631

I'd rather get some agreement before I vote though. I know a lot of us are anxious about a) splitting the vote and b) further reducing the civ pop with an erroneous vote.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 151

Post by Vompatti »

I'd feel uncomfortable voting for anyone but LT.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I am happy with an LT vote today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Out of candor, I'm going to go ahead and vote. No need to prolong it, and I'm certain I won't be up tomorrow before poll closes (working really weird hours this week).

* Votes LT *
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I'm also voting now in case I'll sleep tomorrow.

*Votes LT*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Mongoose wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Yeah Hedge, it was a fun but very tough quiz. BWT, I get that you've been busy, but I think you should just read back on the thread yourself. It's really not that bad, espeically considering Day 1 was a lot of OT. I think it's inconsiderate to ask us to rehash our positions because of your absence and threaten us with your vote if we don't comply, and I'm not going to do it. Vote me if you must, but I'd prefer you do your own readthrough and make an educated decision.

I agree, I think my exhaustive account yesterday of what I've done for the civ cause, why I voted for you, and I why I won't be voting for you today was adequate.

And all, we shouldn't assume that out of Bullz and BirdwithTeeth only one is bad. I've not suspected Bullz as much as some of you but many have seen the case.

Also, I think something is screwy with what BWT said happened to him. So were you Goomba'd (which would be by the Grass King) or Frozen (Frozen would be duplicative in parts to the Grass King's abilities, but it would alert us that there were at least two kings voting for BWT yesterday. This doesn't prove BWT's guilt certainly, but definitely demonstrates that at least two civs think he is suspicious).

That said, I know what it's like to be as busy as BWT, and that's definitely a position I empathize with. Anyway, I want to give him some time. Time to hear from him on what he has done for the civ cause, as well as answering all the questions he asked from Russti, Bullz and myself. What's good for the (Mon)goose is good for the Gander.
I wasn't both Goomba'd and frozen. I was Goomba'd, yes. But someone else also used a Music Box on me, which seems very similar to what the Ice King can do. I couldn't post or vote because of that box.

Russ, the reason I asked for those summaries is because I actually don't have time to go back and read through the majority of 28 pages right now. I wish I did, but I don't have the luxury of that time. Hence why I asked for brief answers to a few questions. I wasn't expecting a novel back from any of you, just some information. And idk why you didn't want to give that to me. Afraid to self-incriminate maybe? :eye:

As for lynching LT, it's something I've gone back and forth on. On one hand, I can understand her not having a lot of time for this game. But at times, I feel like she alternates between posting a few thoughts and vanishing off the face of the earth. Not to mention the fact that I'm pretty sure you're bad doesn't help my decision any.

I'm willing to go along with an LT vote today. If she comes up baddie, you're probably off the hook for now. However, if she comes up civvie, Mongoose, then you're definitely getting my vote on Day 9.

Votes LT
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Also, I'm voting now because I'm leaving in a few minutes to go to a minor league baseball game with some friends tonight. So I won't be back until after the lynch.

The other thing I forgot to address was the questions I had asked the 3 players who voted for me. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to devote to this game that I would have wanted. And I certainly was blindsided with pushing against Elo as hard as I did. But for the most part, I've been trying my best to ensure a civvie victory. I've been trying to horde up coins in hopes that I could buy a 1-Up for either gleam or Snowy, but I don't have enough yet to be able to afford that. :( And while I would be sad to get lynched at this point, there are more important civvies out there than me so I could deal with it. I do think me getting lynched would shed a lot of light on who the remaining baddies are for the rest of the civvies though.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
I'm willing to go along with an LT vote today. If she comes up baddie, you're probably off the hook for now. However, if she comes up civvie, Mongoose, then you're definitely getting my vote on Day 9.

Votes LT
That's more than fair, BWT.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

It's interesting how willing you all seem to be to jump onto a blatant bandwagon without even giving someone a chance to defend themselves. I just thought it'd be me today.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:It's interesting how willing you all seem to be to jump onto a blatant bandwagon without even giving someone a chance to defend themselves. I just thought it'd be me today.
Well in fairness, we did give her a chance to defend herself. It's not like we all voted out of nowhere, we started discussing this over 24 hours ago for goodness sake. She did defend herself and I've taken that into account.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:It's interesting how willing you all seem to be to jump onto a blatant bandwagon without even giving someone a chance to defend themselves. I just thought it'd be me today.
Well in fairness, we did give her a chance to defend herself. It's not like we all voted out of nowhere, we started discussing this over 24 hours ago for goodness sake. She did defend herself and I've taken that into account.
Yeah... I'm just not liking where this looks like it's going. I think this game is being lead by the wrong people and I fully expect LT to be lynched today and turn out civ tbh. My vote won't change that but it's going to Vomp because he was so willing to call for my head after I wanted to vote BWT while he wasn't around but seems to be doing the same thing to LT here.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Bullzeye's logic there seems good to me. Of all the hypocrisies perpetrated in this game, that one seems the most egregious. Voting Vompers
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I am really confused by a Vomp vote. I was not expecting that. Are there other reasons besides what you've written above that are making you vote for him today?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Well Vomps, it looks like you are the target today. Sorry if we lose you like this. My vote has been taken away, so I am no help. Mongoose, I can think of a really good reason they would vote Vomps.

The only way we can possibly save you is if SVS votes LT too, everyone buys a fireflower and Vomps buys a mushroom. Then the vote may be tied, but we dont know what king powers, etc are in play for others. If LT is bad and the cheep cheep role, then she already -2 votes and it wont help.

Might be worth a shot, but we still might be able to pull this off in the next lynch if all four civs alive vote the same.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:Well Vomps, it looks like you are the target today. Sorry if we lose you like this. My vote has been taken away, so I am no help. Mongoose, I can think of a really good reason they would vote Vomps.
Me too. I was really surprised by Russti, but I think we've all been surprised a lot this game. Hedge, are you able to say anything about how your vote was taken away?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Snowy, can you make like a baguette and please rise?

And Lizzy, what's your story, morning glory: might you be back soon?

Llama llama JUMP back into the game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

ture

I guess this confirms that Bullz and Russ are bad. :srsnod:

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:I am really confused by a Vomp vote. I was not expecting that. Are there other reasons besides what you've written above that are making you vote for him today?
Well out of you and your teammates he was the first I thought might be bad. Really I might have voted for any of you though.
Hedgeowl wrote:Well Vomps, it looks like you are the target today. Sorry if we lose you like this. My vote has been taken away, so I am no help. Mongoose, I can think of a really good reason they would vote Vomps.

The only way we can possibly save you is if SVS votes LT too, everyone buys a fireflower and Vomps buys a mushroom. Then the vote may be tied, but we dont know what king powers, etc are in play for others. If LT is bad and the cheep cheep role, then she already -2 votes and it wont help.

Might be worth a shot, but we still might be able to pull this off in the next lynch if all four civs alive vote the same.
As if LT won't die today :haha: I bet she's already got more votes than there are civvies left alive. I take it you got goomba'd Hedge? Looks like at least one other person knows what's up.
Vompatti wrote:ture

Come on, you guys can pretty much drop the act now I think. You've all been leading the thread for a while now, buddying up to each other and following each other's 'suspicions'. You've pretty much won the game anyway and you did a good job of it but I'm not going to give up so easily. Hopefully I'm not the only one to have noticed the little group of Hedge-Mongoose-Vomp who've clearly been running this game for days and leading people to lynch a bunch of civvies. Honestly though, I wasn't expecting Russ to follow me. Maybe I'm wrong about one of you and he's your well-distanced teammate.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 69

Post by S~V~S »

I don't love doing this, but the last vote made me cringe, and I don't trust Russ AT ALL, so I can't vote for Vomp.

At the very least this will be illuminating. Sorry LT.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I am really confused by a Vomp vote. I was not expecting that. Are there other reasons besides what you've written above that are making you vote for him today?
Well out of you and your teammates he was the first I thought might be bad. Really I might have voted for any of you though.

As if LT won't die today :haha: I bet she's already got more votes than there are civvies left alive. I take it you got goomba'd Hedge? Looks like at least one other person knows what's up.

Come on, you guys can pretty much drop the act now I think. You've all been leading the thread for a while now, buddying up to each other and following each other's 'suspicions'. You've pretty much won the game anyway and you did a good job of it but I'm not going to give up so easily. Hopefully I'm not the only one to have noticed the little group of Hedge-Mongoose-Vomp who've clearly been running this game for days and leading people to lynch a bunch of civvies. Honestly though, I wasn't expecting Russ to follow me. Maybe I'm wrong about one of you and he's your well-distanced teammate.
But see, we haven't lynched a bunch of civvies. Luckily every time I've voted for a civ (with the exception of Gleam), the vote has tied and Roxy and SVS were luckily not lynched.

I didn't think you guys would have to show your hand so quickly, but I think you have a pretty good idea of our roles and how to make us as useless as possible.

Civs: Try to say what you need to during Night 8, because Blooper is going to silence one of us for the next day.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

EBWOP: I mean S~V~S not SVS, sorry that I keep doing that!

If we got Bowser, we could still pull this off, right Civs? She wouldn't have 4x the voting power OR start with a -2 lynch vote, so that's one way I can see us pulling this off.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:

I could respond to this, but we will know the answer when the poll ends this morning.

Ballsy statements there Bullz. I guess we dont have a smiley for that cause it might be a little vulgar. on a side note, do people see truck balls where they live? They have made laugh so hard and yet be mildly horrified at the same time. :haha:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Truck nuts, also known as Truck nutz, truck balls, BumperNuts, BumperBalls, CargoNads, Drive-thru Danglers, Trucksticles, HitchNuggets, Balls-on-a-truck, or, as they are known in the United Kingdom, Bumper Bollocks, are plastic accessories for pickup trucks and other vehicles which resemble a pair of dangling testicles. :ponder:

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I could respond to this, but we will know the answer when the poll ends this morning.

Ballsy statements there Bullz. I guess we dont have a smiley for that cause it might be a little vulgar. on a side note, do people see truck balls where they live? They have made laugh so hard and yet be mildly horrified at the same time. :haha:
Those have actually been outlawed in Florida. Because obviously the biggest problems Floriduh has involve truckside wieners.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompers -- In case you get killed - say lots of things! Is their wisdom you want to impart to help us win the game?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

EBWOP: I mean 'there' not 'their'

Please do not mod kill me, Epi.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Vompatti has been lynched. He was the Grand Duke of Ice Land.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 8: Water Land

A message from Wendy O. Koopa:

“Don’t you just love the Sluice River? I do. So peaceful, moving water to the oceans that surround us...

“Hey! Want to hear a secret? They say a ship wrecked nearby, and that the Sluice River carries treasure! Do you like treasure? I do! I sell nets. A big net costs three coins and can grab one item. A medium net costs seven coins and can grab two items. A large net costs fifteen coins and can grab three items. The order you private message the Host (with what size you buy, of course) determines the order in which you drop your net! Happy fishing!”

It is now Night 8. You have 24 hours to send in your PMs.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who is your foe?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:30 am

birdwithteeth11
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

LittleTiger
Mongoose (1), Vompatti (3), birdwithteeth11 (5), S~V~S (9)
44%

Mongoose
No votes

Roxy
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

Vompatti
Bullzeye (6), Russtifinko (7)
22%

Donkey Kong (The Host, the Mod, the Non)
Snow Dog (2), Epignosis (4), MovingPictures07 (8)
33%

Total votes : 9

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Night 8]

Post by Bullzeye »

Looks like I was wrong about Vomp. I guess that means Russ is the third baddie and not him.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I have to say I greatly enjoyed this game k :wine:

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Water Land Auction!

Bid to win a genuine Frog Suit! Beat the heat! Take a swim! Eat flies!

This is the only time you will ever see this one-of-a-kind item! The bidding closes at the end of the Night period.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:Looks like I was wrong about Vomp. I guess that means Russ is the third baddie and not him.
:haha:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Looks like I was wrong about Vomp. I guess that means Russ is the third baddie and not him.
:haha:
Oh come on. It's obvious a water role voted for Vomp and it wasn't me so it must have been him. I'd guess you were the other but the Grass King targeted you and made your power pointless, which would make Mongoose Bowser. I can't see any other explanation for what happened.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”