31%

Total votes: 13
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 193

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 3]

Post by tessepia »

Allison Taylor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:44 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:24 pm Fun fact, I've been looking for 112. She's tricky af and for a little while I was thinking she might be Lisa, but theres been some spelling and grammar errors which are definitely not 112 even though the post frequency and some meta stuff kinda lines up with Lisa.
I fear 112 might actually be Grumple, and if she is in fact Grumple I'd scum read that slot so hard.
I've only played with 112 once - she was scum and she was mostly quiet and got exed pretty much on consensus D1 for doing nothing. But anti-spewed well enough to let her teammates win the game after. That hasn't matched up super well with what Grumple's been doing this game. What makes you scumread Grumple if Grumple is 112?

Because 112 is capable of a hundred voices and I could see her playing up that character if she was low energy/bummed to be scum.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

Allison Taylor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:38 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:39 pm
Marge Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:04 pm the problem I have with Burns is that he's the one player that I often misread as a town, most likely because of play style differences or stuff, i dunno

but fmpov he's only pushed villagers and has the actives cleared for ~no reason. also, his PoE looks like it's all villagers too.

I just don't see why he's so locked on in the other reads because as far as I'm aware he has no reasons to town read Alison, Bart, Otto, Hugh

unless I'm missing stuff

and idgi, after seeing like 4 town flips in lurkers, you're gonna double down on the lhf PoE instead of questioning the actives that you, again, have apparently no reason to clear?

wat
I explained this before...without something to go on I could tinfoil anyone about equally well into deep wolf plausibility. Bart...Allison...Hugh...Krusty...Otto...Grampa...any one of them could be a deep wolf. It's starting to look likely that maybe two of them are deep wolves. But I have nothing to sort them with. Like you said about me...all they have done is chop towns.

If the rand screwed us over and gave us three wolves that could just go deep and shake the thread from start to finish and not give us any sign...well, we're fucked tbh. But the odds of that happening are NEVER good. The wolf team almost always has that weak link that you can flip and turn into threads you can pull.

I honestly think the best place to look for those threads is Lisa. Yeah, CBG was a good chop, but I was holding Lisa in the running on sheer will power...until I wasn't. It's not like she's that much townier than straight out lolcatting CBG...so why was it so hard to even start a counterwagon?
I want to townread most of this post (especially the bits about trying to find the loose thread of the scum team, since that's something I do a lot as town) but the player salad in the first paragraph is weird. Like why is Grampa or Krusty or Hugh deepwolves? They've been under reasonably large amounts of suspicion this game. Grampa was nearly exed EoD1. Are you just throwing around random names?
I probably should have said "active wolf" there rather than deep.

What I was getting at is that there are people who have been active throughout the game, mostly. Hugh missed a big chunk of day one, we all presumably sleep, but overall we have been in here pitching and bitching...and I firmly believe that once a town has a wolf flip all that pitching and bitching will provide plenty of wolf identifying info; who pitched what pushes, who bitched about what cases. But jumping into that large group on a "well, we haven't done well so far" I think flips the odds against us.

Starting a tinfoil hunt with no information is just shooting in the dark, and three wolves are still influencing our aim. They are gonna feed the tinfoil that is wrong. We are very likely to just plain miss. That's why towns always look for the weak link first. We are doing this right, we just got a couple bad results. Those narrowed the pool and here we are...but we can't turn back now.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:52 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:50 pm Someone said we needed individual POEs of five people, and I realized that I don't have that. The best I could've mustered was Marge, Lisa, and Krusty, and none of them were strong scum-leans for me to begin with. I find myself being wishy-washy here.

The theory of expanding POE and going within the active people brings me Allison. I don't have a fifth and I'm not sure I can get one without ISOing. I previously read Allison as "annoying but fine" and that somewhat still holds true, but of all the choices in the active crew she's at the bottom for me and seems the most opportunistic. This is not a confident read.
I never cared for Poe. Who is a bad apple and why?
i can't eat apples with my dentures so they're all bad apples

I mean, the post right there kind of lists who. Not the whys.

Lisa's why is at SOD D3 and EOD D2

Krusty's why is in my wall, if you ISO me it should be my last wall. I only wrote two I think. I posted it sometime D2. I might just go and quote it myself so you don't have to go looking

Marge's is also in my wall, but it's "evolved" because of the smarmy "and everyone was giving me shit for town-reading Homer D1" reaction that felt manufactured. Oh gee, you said someone was town for no reason and they ended up being town, major props. I haven't paid close attention to her other posts today but my previous impression was aloof and bankrupt of reason.

Allison's why is the most lacking. And the best I can give you is perceived opportunism. This might just be bias because every time I show up she's there to heckle me, like she's just camping the thread to wait until a juicy target shows itself. But that's probably an emotional read and not a logic read. That's what I got. It ain't much.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 2]

Post by Paprika »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:02 pm
Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:52 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:50 pm Someone said we needed individual POEs of five people, and I realized that I don't have that. The best I could've mustered was Marge, Lisa, and Krusty, and none of them were strong scum-leans for me to begin with. I find myself being wishy-washy here.

The theory of expanding POE and going within the active people brings me Allison. I don't have a fifth and I'm not sure I can get one without ISOing. I previously read Allison as "annoying but fine" and that somewhat still holds true, but of all the choices in the active crew she's at the bottom for me and seems the most opportunistic. This is not a confident read.
I never cared for Poe. Who is a bad apple and why?
Krusty's why is in my wall, if you ISO me it should be my last wall. I only wrote two I think. I posted it sometime D2. I might just go and quote it myself so you don't have to go looking
Here. Lisa read was pre Hugh's push and my overnight ISO, but it didn't evolve much except a slight downgrade
Spoiler: show
Grampa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:08 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:06 pm
What are your thoughts on the rest of my reads? Also what about yours as well.
Two of your top town reads are also two of the people who've pushed me hardest, so I can't genuinely answer this with any amount of serious credibility

I absolutely cannot figure out how of all people you mindmeld with Marge the most, because their moments of coherency are sandwiched with absurd takes like vaguely suggesting they've figured out someone's sock identity and that this means the sock is town (logically bankrupt by any measure), or seeing Homer's "nah" response to participating and going "looks good" before dipping

but the above is automatically in question because of Marge's pushes... well, I'm one of them, so it's in my best interest to poke holes in her behaviour

really the thing I keep bumping up against is that it seems like half the people playing can't or won't really involve themselves

here is where Marge might have something when she said at the beginning of D2 that Syndicate wolves care. there are enough people slanking or not doing much that it's not a reliable measurement for scum leans anymore. I think Allison said this too. There's 13 of us and at least five are just not really here, which is different from D1 when the slank crowd was smaller than it is now. Lisa, Marge, Grumple, etc, have all taken their foot off the pedal (a couple have cited RL so fair enough; that's obviously far more important than a Mafia game) today so there's little info to really get from them for now

Still a day left so not a crisis yet, but it's slightly concerning that the thread's really just Otto and CBG slapping at each other, you and me throwing walls up, and then occasional interludes with Allison, Burns, or Krusty pissing in someone's cereal (this isn't a complaint, all three seem rather good at poking holes in things)

The issue with my reads is that they're all based on D1 things, and they can't evolve until the people in question are active D2. Like I scum-lean Homer... because of D1. He's posted a gif D2 and dipped again. Or I'm squinting at Marge... because of D1. She's just said wolves won't slank D2 and dipped again. Then I turn my attention to the people who are frequently posting and my opinion ranges from happy to slightly disappointed. You were low, went up. Otto's been fine. Allison... has been... annoying but fine, I think. She seems to believe in what she's saying, at least. Burns is hostile but I can't actually poke holes in what he says. Bart was decent D1 and is sidelined by RL D2, so can't move the needle on my read on him. Grumple was middle of the pack for me D1 and hasn't done anything to move from that position yet (though that could turn into a suspicious thing if it's D3 or D4 and that's still true). Krusty isn't the most active but he tends to relish being opposite of whoever he's quoting. Sometimes that's intriguing, sometimes it's weird (one minute he'll rally to someone's defense, then soon he's rubbing their nose in a mistake). He's either holding us all accountable or being noncommittal. Haven't decided yet.

And here's the obvious one... CBG is trending down. For, well, *gestures to the last page*. Otto's been taking him to task and I don't think there's anything I can really add that would be helpful or useful, except that based on D1 CBG is capable of more. What I bump up against here is that there's proof in the pudding of the aloof approach not working more than it does in this game, so if he were a wolf it'd be in his best interest to not gamble on something that's already seen to damage one's standing rather than improve. So what's the dealio, yo?

Finally: Principal Skinner. Here is where I rely on my homesite meta again... Where I come from, outed PRs tend to naturally take on a leadership role, even if they have limited actions. They're as close to a lock clear as you can get. Skinner claimed tracker and then claimed to track Otto, which seems like a "hero shot" to me. I won't comment on whether Otto was the best choice, because I don't think it really matters with the setup. What I will comment on is that, barring a counterclaim, Skinner's in one of the best positions to help coral town. As it is, his tracker claim is put in doubt by Otto and he's been a no-show since. It's actually nice that he took the time to reveal the result, but in terms of "PR takes the lead" it's... not great. His ISO is just dire. Nothing good, claimed to dodge the chop, revealed a result, and now nada. Do we believe the claim? Mechanically, to me, I think we should? He's not helping with reads but he's got another track in the barrel. Resolving Skinner can wait until D4 at least. It is a problem that will solve itself and doesn't need pressure from us. He's in my never-chop pile until it starts becoming suspicious that he's still alive. Absolute garbage ISO, but also absolutely no reason to scum-read or push.

You'll note I haven't mentioned Lisa, and that's because I don't know what I think. There's nothing really special there? She hasn't said anything especially weird on either end. The only thing I've mindmelded with is her opinion on subs and what they do to the game state, but that's a broken record at this point. I guess I can't see a strong scum or town lean either way for her. She just is. I guess she's similar to Grumple for me where there is not much to hate or love.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

gotta reread my proofreading marks guide, bye bye
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:07 pm gotta reread my proofreading marks guide, bye bye
Sucking up to Principle Skinner noted.

Real men never proofread.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Boringboi666 »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:24 pm Fun fact, I've been looking for 112. She's tricky af and for a little while I was thinking she might be Lisa, but theres been some spelling and grammar errors which are definitely not 112 even though the post frequency and some meta stuff kinda lines up with Lisa.
I fear 112 might actually be Grumple, and if she is in fact Grumple I'd scum read that slot so hard.
I've only played with 112 once - she was scum and she was mostly quiet and got exed pretty much on consensus D1 for doing nothing. But anti-spewed well enough to let her teammates win the game after. That hasn't matched up super well with what Grumple's been doing this game. What makes you scumread Grumple if Grumple is 112?
I didn't realize that was a person's name. To clarify, I am not them.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:24 pm
Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:10 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:04 pm
I'm surprised this is a question, Grumple.
Are you though?

What does this question say to you about the green creature if you are surprised?

Stop fidgeting.
It says they didn't bother to actually read how nf played out and was just looking for an opportunity to look busy by posing questions on why I voted even though that should have been obvious.

Could serve to muddy the waters a bit and shade me.

Fun fact, I've been looking for 112. She's tricky af and for a little while I was thinking she might be Lisa, but theres been some spelling and grammar errors which are definitely not 112 even though the post frequency and some meta stuff kinda lines up with Lisa.
I think 112 may have been CBG
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:18 pm

I didn't realize that was a person's name. To clarify, I am not them.
Probably not. I was hoping Lisa would pop on and ask about the grammar mistakes I accused her of.

I'm sorry I used you, Grumple.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:36 pm
Are you though?

What does this question say to you about the green creature if you are surprised?

Stop fidgeting.
It says they didn't bother to actually read how nf played out and was just looking for an opportunity to look busy by posing questions on why I voted even though that should have been obvious.

Fun fact, I've been looking for 112. She's tricky af and for a little while I was thinking she might be Lisa, but theres been some spelling and grammar errors which are definitely not 112 even though the post frequency and some meta stuff kinda lines up with Lisa.
Nah, it's Lisa.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:43 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:36 pm
Are you though?

Stop fidgeting.

Nah, it's Lisa.
Hmmm, you may be right.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 253

Post by PonySparkPrime »

About the 5 players poe, looks like a trap, even if we.can make a consensus poe of 5 that will contain villagers too and wolves can switch the elim of a mate in the Poe with a new mischop especially if at least one wolf is outside the Poe.

I wish to try some GTH reads, as exercise, who is in?
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:05 am About the 5 players poe, looks like a trap, even if we.can make a consensus poe of 5 that will contain villagers too and wolves can switch the elim of a mate in the Poe with a new mischop especially if at least one wolf is outside the Poe.

yes i'm in
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:05 am About the 5 players poe, looks like a trap, even if we.can make a consensus poe of 5 that will contain villagers too and wolves can switch the elim of a mate in the Poe with a new mischop especially if at least one wolf is outside the Poe.

Smithers!!!

Bring my rifle and point it at this miscreant!

Okay child, go ahead.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Damn, an hour late.
GTH is fun but can completely fuck town.
Seen it happen, but I'll play if we can get like 8 people playing.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

I'm just gonna [VOTE: lisa] aubergine
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:26 pm
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:27 pm @Otto Mann I don't think you should bother with tone reading me. I have no emotions tied to this game whatsoever aside from a loose desire for serotonin. In real life I am, as the teens say, straight up not having a good time right now, for obvious reasons. So that may account for whatever defeated mood you're seeing in my posts.

It wasn't obvious to me because those things you just said weren't addressed in your vote posts, that's why I asked.

I understand leaving to be with family but why break the tie in the first place if you suspected both players and wanted to look out for suspicious vote movements? Why not just leave the tie as it was?
Because as I'd already said, my strongest scum read was on CBG. I'd have enough of him. I'd ask him a question and he'd say shit like "don't worry about it", and "why not" etc. I've got no time or sympathy for townies who sign up for a game and proceed to suck ass.
Milhouse and CBG were playing extremely shitty games and would've had to be sorted by town at some point anyways because there isn't a wolf pack dumb enough to kill off townies that are largely scum read.
The Homer kill is a head scratcher for me.
my post replying to this got eaten while i was playing Video Game

I understand why you voted for CBG, i was more asking why you would break the tie instead of letting it actually play out. Even if you suspected CBG more than Lisa, if one of them is bad then keeping the vote close at end of day forces mafia teammates to choose to protect or sacrifice, which can lead to awkward reasonings and shady justifications which stick out and sweater thread. I thought that was what you were going for with the tie wagon thing, but creating a two vote gap prevented that.

Kids these days just don't respect tie-meta, i think.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Wait what?
I didnt see the vc until I voted. That's just no fun and Burns and I have been on the same wrong wagon both nights.

[VOTE: grandpa] aubergine
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

VC = Vote Count?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

:blush: Sorry i had to eat

First GTH will be posted at 9 AM EDT, hope i will have someone join this.
I will set my alarm
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:17 am VC = Vote Count?
Yes
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

[mention]Lisa Simpson[/mention] if you are around i am interested in hearing your ideas on things, you haven't posted much since d2
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:14 am
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:27 pm @Otto Mann I don't think you should bother with tone reading me. I have no emotions tied to this game whatsoever aside from a loose desire for serotonin. In real life I am, as the teens say, straight up not having a good time right now, for obvious reasons. So that may account for whatever defeated mood you're seeing in my posts.

It wasn't obvious to me because those things you just said weren't addressed in your vote posts, that's why I asked.

I understand leaving to be with family but why break the tie in the first place if you suspected both players and wanted to look out for suspicious vote movements? Why not just leave the tie as it was?
Because as I'd already said, my strongest scum read was on CBG. I'd have enough of him. I'd ask him a question and he'd say shit like "don't worry about it", and "why not" etc. I've got no time or sympathy for townies who sign up for a game and proceed to suck ass.
Milhouse and CBG were playing extremely shitty games and would've had to be sorted by town at some point anyways because there isn't a wolf pack dumb enough to kill off townies that are largely scum read.

I understand why you voted for CBG, i was more asking why you would break the tie instead of letting it actually play out. Even if you suspected CBG more than Lisa, if one of them is bad then keeping the vote close at end of day forces mafia teammates to choose to protect or sacrifice, which can lead to awkward reasonings and shady justifications which stick out and sweater thread. I thought that was what you were going for with the tie wagon thing, but creating a two vote gap prevented that.

I play with my heart on my sleeve. I didn't want any monkey business getting in the way of me having my vote where I wanted it.

Would it hurt you guys to be more succinct?

So.many.unnecessary.words
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:19 am :blush: Sorry i had to eat

I will set my alarm
That's a tough time for me. I'll try tho
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Copy pasting the vote poll i want to sort my thoughts, at the moment i suggested the GTH exercise.

Who wanted Homer out of the picture?
Poll runs till Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 pm
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

You may select 1 option

Allison Taylor. 0. No votes. Voters: None
My first impression was she is wolfing, later she posted better and is out of my Poe rn.

Bart Simpson 0 No votes Voters: None
That's me :noble:

Grampa Simpson. 1. 8%. Voters: Principal Skinner
Gramps was in my Poe for some reason and i need to Iso him.

The Grumple 0 No votes. Voters: None
Keeps posting in a way that keeps him out of the Poe for me. Like actual thoughts. Like he cares.

Hugh Jass 0 No votes. Voters: None
My tinfoil. A lot of busywork, and after i vote Lisa he is putting two hypocritical questions :disappoint:
Poe. No matter if i am right or wrong on the main, this behaviour is wolfy.

Krusty the Clown 0 No votes Voters: None
Posted well enough imo to put him out of Poe once. Need to Iso.

Lisa Simpson 3 25%. Voters: Allison Taylor, Mr. Burns, Bart Simpson
Stale wagon but can be a hit.
Poe

Marge Simpson 0 No votes. Voters: None
My only parent itg now. Played a clean game. Paranoia says i should tinfoil, brain says i should not. :shrug:

Mr. Burns
1 8% Voters: Marge Simpson
I trust my GTH here for now, feeling is he is town.

Otto Mann
0. No votes Voters: None
Need to Iso i know he found a townie by meta, but i need to reread that part. Looks towny to me.

Principal Skinner 0. No votes. Voters: None
The not cc-ed tracker. Town for me.
Idk if he revealed action result

No one 1. 8%. Voters: Grampa Simpson
Where puts Gramps in day 3 maximum of pressure in the game? :doh:
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:29 am

I will set my alarm
That's a tough time for me. I'll try tho
Sorry, and thanks!
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:26 am

I play with my heart on my sleeve. I didn't want any monkey business getting in the way of me having my vote where I wanted it.

i don't exist for your convenience. if it's really too much of a hassle for you to read one paragraph then i don't really know how to help you. i'll die before i proofread a post
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

i made that one succinct just for you though
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

I will set my alarm
this is also way too early for me, but go ahead without me, i can do my own thing later
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:17 am Wait what?
I didnt see the vc until I voted. That's just no fun and Burns and I have been on the same wrong wagon both nights.

Cont -
Krusty and Grandpa have also been on the bad wagons with Burns and I both nights.
Something something wagonomics married to my town leans puts grandpa at 68% mafia.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:34 am
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:26 am

i don't exist for your convenience. if it's really too much of a hassle for you to read one paragraph then i don't really know how to help you. i'll die before i proofread a post
Lmao
Save drama for yo mama , Grumple.

"I dont exist for your convience". Man, if I could only figure out how to embed gifs on this site.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

didn't mean for that to come out harshly i just think it's amusing the obsession some of you guys have with people spending extra time curating every post to be as nice and consumable as possible, when in reality the people who spend the most time doing that are mafia
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

I will set my alarm
Gahhhh...that's six in the morning on gf's day off!

Smithers!!! Shoot whoever the boy wants, but do it quietly.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:37 am

Cont -
Krusty and Grandpa have also been on the bad wagons with Burns and I both nights.
Something something wagonomics married to my town leans puts grandpa at 68% mafia.
I wasn't on a bad wagon (I don't think)...and if you'd have stayed with me maybe we would know now if it was. I don't blame you for the CBG thing...I blame him...but don't drag me along into that particular pie in the face.

I get that it is too early to just runaway this Lisa wagon though so go do your thing.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:40 am Man, if I could only figure out how to embed gifs on this site.
It's almost the same on any site, search the gif, open it in new tab on pc and put the link in img bb-code

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.ibb.co/5syR3nn/tenor.gif[/img]
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:00 am

I will set my alarm
Gahhhh...that's six in the morning on gf's day off!

Smithers!!! Shoot whoever the boy wants, but do it quietly.
What hour do you prefer? Is not set in stone
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:05 am
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:37 am

Cont -
I wasn't on a bad wagon (I don't think)...and if you'd have stayed with me maybe we would know now if it was. I don't blame you for the CBG thing...I blame him...but don't drag me along into that particular pie in the face.

I get that it is too early to just runaway this Lisa wagon though so go do your thing.
Bruh
It was a town wagon and therefore "bad". We're sharing that pie, I wanted CBG gone too.
We might town read each other but we've got bad juju.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 pm Where are my onions?
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:16 pm
Comic Book Guy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:12 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 pm Where are my onions?
Stuck in your dentures, perhaps?
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:17 pm alright, used up all my show lore in the first two posts, let's go
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:27 pm mafia time babiiiieeeeeyyyy
Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:23 pm Whoa man

I never liked comic book dude. He's like evil in a bad way man, I can tell by the mustard on his goatee
Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:41 pm And that's no squirrel, that's a gopher dude. They all look like Abe.
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 pm yellow seems a little sus
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 pm
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 pm yellow seems a little sus
one of these things is not like the others
these are day 0 posts of living players.
Ned and CBG were villagers. It's impossible for wolves to not try to blend in day 0.
who is wolf in the above? all are old Cindy kats imo, even Grumple who keeps derping.

Gramps
Grumple
Otto

until present Gramps is still suspicious, first Iso incoming
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Marge Simpson »

skimmed hugh's iso and he's probably the towniest person in the game

would like to hear why people have him in the PoE / scum read them
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

simpsons

Bart Simpson
Otto Mann
Principal Skinner
Hugh Jass

probably simpson

Lisa Simpson
Krusty the Clown

lower PoE

Allison, Grumple

higher PoE

Mr Burns, Gramps

====================

about where I'm at
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:18 am skimmed hugh's iso and he's probably the towniest person in the game

i have him in the Poe, i gave reasons above. He doesn't look stressed by the game at all.

Can you tell me what is so towny for him?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Why is Grumple so low mom?
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:56 am Why is Grumple so low mom?
I'd always exe Burns > Gramps > Alison before them prolly

i dunno, I have small things to worry about on both Krusty and Grumple, they both had weird posts on D1 but seemed like they picked off steam later on.

Grumple loosened up a bit and looks a lot less stiff, Krusty loosened up as well and is being a bit more aggressive than D1

but from my perspective we're being played by actives and seeing how the game goes on, I gues it's subconsciously making me go "them being relaxed now is pinging because, presumably, not any one of them or their team are consensus PoE"

and, also, as I mentioned, those bad posts.

Not really scum reading them, it's just PoE approach

I feel like Krusty's progression on their game approach is townier in a vacuum than Grumple's, so yeah
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:55 am
Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:18 am skimmed hugh's iso and he's probably the towniest person in the game

i have him in the Poe, i gave reasons above. He doesn't look stressed by the game at all.

did you read his D1 / D2 early posts?

every post up to and including the wall with thoughts is like omega towny

especially their reactions to burns and gramps

why aren't you town reading them??
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 2]

Post by PonySparkPrime »

i kind of hate how my brain switched to Iso-ing dad... i wonder if i can find why he died at night
Homer Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:51 am I kinda think I know who Bart is too and agree they’re probably town
spoiler only for Homer here
Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:48 pm
Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:46 pm Well now I’ve read comic book guy too (seriously thank the donut lord for short ISOs ❤️❤️❤️) and I don’t think he’s mafia either
Without some sort of explaining as to why...I am not sure how to proceed off whatever flip we get here.
The way he presents his reads, the way he sort of bounces around without feeling like he’s targeting anyone specifically, his entrance, it all feels townie to me

Unless he’s one very specific player I think he’s probably town
maybe, just maybe here is a hint, because i don't find another.
who finds another idea is welcomed
Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:48 pm
The Grumple wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:46 pm
Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:44 pm Wait no I actually think Lisa is town. Sorry comic book guy looks like family does come first this time
I'm sure I'm gonna not be the first person to ask this but, why?
Lisa Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:39 am Can i go already? I am a real child, i don't own any guns and don't want to look at this poor animal.
This is a townie entrance
was probably the thing he succeeded to correct read innocents few players or he was a fear kill because he understood someone's identity, or he is a kill in the family to show all family should be good, I know i am villager, Homer flipped green so is implied Marge and Lissa are good too :ponder:

Thoughts?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:02 am
Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:55 am

did you read his D1 / D2 early posts?

every post up to and including the wall with thoughts is like omega towny

especially their reactions to burns and gramps

why aren't you town reading them??
too much towniness and no solviness, i will Iso him after Gramps
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

This is Burns' progression on Gramps

Anybody buying it as genuine?
Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:11 pm Grample and Comic Dude I don't feel as good about as I do you and Allison, but not bad.
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:19 pm Grampa-feisty old man, but pushes seem to produce reactions so good for the town
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:25 pm Twenty posts in and I like Krusty so far. I think he has a clear misunderstanding with Grandpa that is probably really easy to point out...for anyone other than the two of them...and that everything else he has said (except some obligatory empty jokes) was pretty solid town mindset.

In the Grandpa/Marge/Krusty triangle the only thing that doesn't seem to make sense from town is exactly what Grandpa pointed out...
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:44 pm If Grampa is someone who has never heard of Mac then this is probably all pretty annoying/mystifying.
Mr. Burns wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:26 pm That was either just plain awful or a perfect roleplay of Grampa Simpson and I can't decide which I am thinking.
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:08 am Grampa I have as low hanging fruit that may or may not be a wolf. I figure enough people are chasing him around that he is gonna get sorted so I'm paying more attention to how the chasers chase than I am to him.
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 am If I look at Gramps, will you look at the Marge/Homer thing that I haven't sorted out yet?
Mr. Burns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 am I have reread the entire thread though, with an eye on Grampa Simpson. My first observation is that he is a native of CFC and that explains a LOT about how this game has gone for him. His disputes on day one struck me very much as two people talking past each other, where both made sense to me but neither seemed able to follow the other.

As an example, Marge is playing from "Syndicate wolves work hard, so Homer's gif posting goof offery is not wolfy." Grampa is playing from "I didn't really say it was wolfy, I said it was bad." He arrives, reasonably, at "why are you defending bad play?" while Marge is still on the idea that it isn't bad play, it's 'Syndicate town telling' and Homer is really helping us out with his "light hearted playfulness instead of wolf intensity." Talking past each other.

Since I only play an occasional game on the Syndicate I get it. It's hard to town "the Syndicate way" when you play a lot in places where towns are intense, not woo-foo look at me gif happyfests.

Knowing that Grandpa is not a regular Syndi-cat also makes it easier for me to get around the Mac wolf read. Mac was wrong about me when he thought I was a Syndi-cat too, but backed off when he recognized me. I'm guessing he was seeing a similar "wolfiness" in Grampa.

So I have done what I told Hugh I would do. I don't particularly think Grampa is a wolf...but as a CFCer he always could be a wolf. None of the reasons people have read him as a wolf are really compelling though. Those are just things that if I'd been thinking about it would have been CFC indicative, not alignment indicative.
Mr. Burns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm Krusty, Allison, Bart, Grampa Hugh and Grumple are definitely not getting my vote today.
Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:23 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:58 pm A good PoE is 5 here Burns, what 2 names would you add to the 3?
Two of you, Grampa, and Krusty...but I am afraid that three is all I get really. If I don't hit one in those first three I'm out. If I hit one then I throw a party out all reads and assess based on a red flip.
Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:39 pm Bart...Allison...Hugh...Krusty...Otto...Grampa...any one of them could be a deep wolf. It's starting to look likely that maybe two of them are deep wolves. But I have nothing to sort them with. Like you said about me...all they have done is chop towns.
Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:08 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:07 pm gotta reread my proofreading marks guide, bye bye
Sucking up to Principle Skinner noted.

Real men never proofread.
Imho, the whole progression is leaning into obvious TMI of Gramps' alignment and I'm leaning for a w/w progression.

If I were to emphasize something, it'd probably be the read with the most lines on Gramps. Giving a trash reason like he knows Gramps is from CFC and that's why he can see what he's done as reasonable (defending them) and arriving at the classic "nobody's given a proper case, he could be a wolf I guess" so he basically has no read there although he spent like 3 paragraphs talking about how he can see what Gramps has done as reasonable.
Knowing that Grandpa is not a regular Syndi-cat also makes it easier for me to get around the Mac wolf read. Mac was wrong about me when he thought I was a Syndi-cat too, but backed off when he recognized me. I'm guessing he was seeing a similar "wolfiness" in Grampa.
this just looks like plain TMI to me. angles towards Gramps being town for reacting like that to Mac but doesn't outright state it so he wouldn't look bad after a Gramps flip.

it's a bunch of "yeah, I can see this being reasonable" ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE A CFC'er and not related to anything actually game relevant that subtly angles to a defence

and ends in this
I don't particularly think Grampa is a wolf...but as a CFCer he always could be a wolf.
L O L
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

i could be reading the Mac wolf read thing wrong and he actually meant "I can see why Mac thought Gramps was a wolf because he is not a syndicat"

in which case it'd still look bad and it's still a defense of Gramps just because he's a CFCer

there's pretty much nothing to the read at all, although I can sorta see that progression as coming from a town perspective too

sucks that I can't get my teeth into a better scum read so I can sort Burns off of that flip

I keep pushing myself off Burns because, given our play style difference there's the argument of "man, maybe this guy just has his usual weird ass perspectives that I never get and that's why I think he's scum"

if people town read them then I guess I'll just oblige and look for another wolf in the PoE but it's not my fault if we lose to him
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

you guise aren't ready for this
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

[VOTE: Bart ] aubergine