The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 235

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 3)

Post by timmer »

Okay, so first off, to BF:

We didn't lynch Bass because he said the word "cheat". We lynched him because he seemed to show up, throw around some fluff to make sure everyone noticed his curse, and then promptly disappeared until taking heat later on. It was the forced "look at my curse" combined a complete and utter lack of any attempt to contribute ANYTHING that pinged me. Because with just putting the word "cheat" in a post, you can still talk quite freely about your suspicions, etc.

MM's situation is much more rough, it seems. By replacing every single noun and pronoun and whatever with "Timmer" the curse-r has rendered MM completely unable to contribute anything. There is no way to tell what she's saying. While this very well may be another deliberate curse, or MM may be lying, I do not see the same situation here as with Bass 1.0. At ALL.

@SD, I'm getting there!
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

SD: Also, I sympathize with your "talking to a wall" thing... that's how most of what I say is received in most games. It drives me crazy too. :haha: Some players get listened to, and some just don't have the knack.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:Okay, so first off, to BF:

We didn't lynch Bass because he said the word "cheat". We lynched him because he seemed to show up, throw around some fluff to make sure everyone noticed his curse, and then promptly disappeared until taking heat later on. It was the forced "look at my curse" combined a complete and utter lack of any attempt to contribute ANYTHING that pinged me. Because with just putting the word "cheat" in a post, you can still talk quite freely about your suspicions, etc.

MM's situation is much more rough, it seems. By replacing every single noun and pronoun and whatever with "Timmer" the curse-r has rendered MM completely unable to contribute anything. There is no way to tell what she's saying. While this very well may be another deliberate curse, or MM may be lying, I do not see the same situation here as with Bass 1.0. At ALL.

@SD, I'm getting there!
Are timmer sure timmer'm that useless right now. :feb:

timmer can still quote and use adverbs. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hi timmer. No, timmer meant timmer. Not timmer, timmer. What do timmer think, timmer? Er timmer, not timmer. timmer!
That's just cruel. It makes me think of this:

:faint:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Sometimes I feel like playing mafia is somewhat akin to talking to a wall for me anymore. In death note I didn't comment on the fact things I said were largely ignored because I was bad and did t want to draw attention to myself unnecessarily, but here it is just plain annoying. Does anyone want to discuss LC? Or am I the only one who feels bad about him?
Rabbit would probably be happy to discuss me with you, and BF has stated that he suspects me as well.

Maybe you should make a case if you want people to respond to it. It's not easy to respond to "I don't feel good about him".
I did make a very clear case, quoted posts and all. This is a bogus comment and you know it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

@SD, I'm getting there!
The original case against Bass was that his contribution was weak - the "one in six of the non-Llama-and-Epig voters is probably a baddie" - and that he was laying really low. I don't feel like people voted for him for the Cheat curse, that connection was just made by you as, like, a lucky guess or sharp intuition.

Would it be sketchy to try and create a numerical system for Metalmarsh to communicate better?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

SD, I'm on the fence regarding Long Con. I see your points about him appearing very helpful etc. but I think I've seen him do that a few games recently, so I'm sure how to read it. And I feel like his Magenta tilde breakdown is likely correct, so it IS a bit surprising that the lynch stop hasn't happened yet. I don't really think he's civ necessarily, just... I'm meh on him. Not sure one way or the other. But your case seems based on gut, which I respect but it can be hard to jump onboard someone else's gut feeling, you know?
My siggie.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote:SD: Also, I sympathize with your "talking to a wall" thing... that's how most of what I say is received in most games. It drives me crazy too. :haha: Some players get listened to, and some just don't have the knack.
I listen to you in games, as long as I trust you that is. :daisy:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote: The original case against Bass was that his contribution was weak - the "one in six of the non-Llama-and-Epig voters is probably a baddie" - and that he was laying really low. I don't feel like people voted for him for the Cheat curse, that connection was just made by you as, like, a lucky guess or sharp intuition.

Would it be sketchy to try and create a numerical system for Metalmarsh to communicate better?
Well that's what I mean, his contributions to the game were not helpful and just sounded like filler, and the curse thing didn't change that. He was just posting to post. I'm glad of how it all worked out!
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:SD, I'm on the fence regarding Long Con. I see your points about him appearing very helpful etc. but I think I've seen him do that a few games recently, so I'm sure how to read it. And I feel like his Magenta tilde breakdown is likely correct, so it IS a bit surprising that the lynch stop hasn't happened yet. I don't really think he's civ necessarily, just... I'm meh on him. Not sure one way or the other. But your case seems based on gut, which I respect but it can be hard to jump onboard someone else's gut feeling, you know?
timmer would guess that timmer is not Magenta herself, but that another player is her. timmer agree that timmer does appear helpful, and would also agree that has been a recent trend for timmer, so timmer'm not ready to call timmer bad for it yet.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Long Con wrote:SD: Also, I sympathize with your "talking to a wall" thing... that's how most of what I say is received in most games. It drives me crazy too. :haha: Some players get listened to, and some just don't have the knack.
I listen to you in games, as long as I trust you that is. :daisy:
timmer has not responded to timmer but timmer who posted below.
Long Con wrote:

@SD, I'm getting there!
The original case against Bass was that his contribution was weak - the "one in six of the non-Llama-and-Epig voters is probably a baddie" - and that he was laying really low. I don't feel like people voted for him for the Cheat curse, that connection was just made by you as, like, a lucky guess or sharp intuition.

Also timmer has not talked about timmer but the same timmer.

<-------------------------- timmer has not even acknowledged this timmer today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm so sorry MM, I really can't follow this, lol.

Interesting that Epig was apparently killed by an Old Rogue, I was starting to believe he WAS one,so I'll just trust that that role knows what they are doing.

Regarding DH and SVS... I am getting sleepy and must head to bed, but tomorrow I've got a lot of rereading to do, to find all of the people who weren't keen on a Bass lynch. it won't mean that they are all bad, but it will provide some insights.

And finally regarding Roxy, I've moved to a bit more of a neutral stance on her, I believe she may be an indy and I don't think I will be pursuing a lynch in her direction today.
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Well, timmer tried. :shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 2)

Post by Long Con »

Spacedaisy wrote:So, I am frankly not feeling Log Con this game at all. Allow me to explain what I see so far that I really don't like...
Long Con wrote:So llama is deliberately trying to act in such a way that is like a previous Civ game? Is that supposed to make us think he's Civ in this one? Kind of heavy handed.
When FZ brings up her case this was his initial case. Unless I am misreading it, it appears as though LC thinks it is heavy handed for Llama. Which would imply that he finds it difficult to swallow. I could be misreading this though....

If I am not, his turnaround to this next post seems odd. Especially since he didnti say anything regarding llama in the intervening posts.
Long Con wrote:My vote is going to Llama, not that it will matter much for now, for playing the "just like Civvie Llama in X-Men" too hard. I also thought that the post about other ways Llama is "acting too Civvie-Llama" was a good read.
Now he starts in on assuming Magenta will use a lynch stop Day 1. The following posts all deal with this:
Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Long Con wrote: I doubt he'll die even if he gets the most votes anyway.
Why do you doubt he 'll die?
I don't think anyone will die in this lynch because Magenta is pretty likely to stop the lynch. I might as well stop being coy about it. I'm pretty sure I have her secret figured out.

Magenta – She is a former love interest of Wally West and has magnetic abilities. She can prevent one lynch during the game. If she does, she will gain BTSC with the Detectives.

If I were Magenta, I would stop the Day One lynch and get my BTSC with the Detectives ASAP.
Long Con wrote:Noooo! Now we won't get any more letters! Magenta, why didn't you stop the lynch??? :doh: :fist:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I think I solved Girder's secret, but it was more logical than linguistic.

Girder – A man transformed into pure metal. ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~.

Girder cannot be night killed.
Looks good to me. And BF, that is possible, feel free to look for different solutions. I think it's more likely that Magenta either wasn't paying much attention (as I recall there was some latecomers not-caught-up) or just plain didn't agree with wasting a lynch save. I think BTSC is a way more powerful ability than a lynch save.
Long Con wrote:Oh, and Magenta... good call on not saving him. It seems as though you are choosing to save your lynch save for a rainy day, or whatever... just want to remind you that it could mean the difference between Wally West chatting it up with you and Pied Piper... and Wally West killing you. :srsnod:
Frankly, these posts read a lot to me like a lack of taking responsibility for your own vote. It's easy to cast a vote, preface it with, oh he probably won't die anyway, then when he does die, you can shake your fist and blame someone else. I think it is foolishness to expect an Indy whose only goal is to survive to use the lynch save on someone other than themself. I expect more from you LC. Your musings surrounding the roles of the indies so far has been questionable at best, I just don't understand your purposes.
Here's Spacedaisy's case against me. It wasn't a bogus comment, Daisy... it's just, well, there's two parts to the case. First, you're trying to make it seem like I had a "turnaround" on Llama, as if my first post was that I didn't suspect him, but then I went and voted for him later. I still don't get how you read my posts on Llama that way, because the first post was suspecting him, and the next post was voting him for the suspicion I mentioned in the first post.

The second part is that I am trying to shirk responsibility for my own votes by blaming Magenta... which I never did. My discussions of Magenta had nothing to do with my own votes.

I know you are aware that I've already responded to your case, and you deserve to have other people discuss it as well, so there you go. It's just that both your points against me are not true.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Well, timmer tried. :shrug:
It would be hilarious if you ended up casting a vote for Timmer. "He was after Timmer all along!" :haha:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

timmer wrote:SD, I'm on the fence regarding Long Con. I see your points about him appearing very helpful etc. but I think I've seen him do that a few games recently, so I'm sure how to read it. And I feel like his Magenta tilde breakdown is likely correct, so it IS a bit surprising that the lynch stop hasn't happened yet. I don't really think he's civ necessarily, just... I'm meh on him. Not sure one way or the other. But your case seems based on gut, which I respect but it can be hard to jump onboard someone else's gut feeling, you know?
My problem with him, and my gut feeling is based not on his tilde breakdown. I have no problem with that. My read on him is how he keeps calling for magenta to pardon a lynch or excusing his vote as soon as it is cast it seemed on the basis "magenta will probably pardon you." I just do not see any reason why a civ would think that relying on an Indy that only need survive to win, would expect the Indy would use their lynch pardon to help the civs. I don't buy it from LC, I think he is a better and more experienced player than that, this combined with his misinterpretation, which I found troubling but not condemning on its own is what makes me feel super uncomfortable with him right now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I wasn't trying to make it look some certain way, that implies manipulation. I was stating outright the way it read to me, and in the same post said maybe you meant it differently than it read. If I were trying to manipulate it, I would not have given you an out.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I would guess that Long Con is not Magenta herself, but that another player is her. I agree that Long Con does appear helpful, and would also agree that has been a recent trend for him, so I'm not ready to call him bad for it yet.
(I subbed in the appropriate pronouns for you)

If I end up being Magenta, then it would be quite the zany ploy to make people think I'm not Magenta. I would say that your guess is one that you can trust in.

And, for the record, the whole "helpful" LC thing is not a recent trend in the last few games. I've been doing role-analyses for as long as I can remember - it's pretty standard play for me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Spacedaisy wrote:
My problem with him, and my gut feeling is based not on his tilde breakdown. I have no problem with that. My read on him is how he keeps calling for magenta to pardon a lynch or excusing his vote as soon as it is cast it seemed on the basis "magenta will probably pardon you." I just do not see any reason why a civ would think that relying on an Indy that only need survive to win, would expect the Indy would use their lynch pardon to help the civs. I don't buy it from LC, I think he is a better and more experienced player than that, this combined with his misinterpretation, which I found troubling but not condemning on its own is what makes me feel super uncomfortable with him right now.
What is the misinterpretation you speak of?

And it's because I'm an experienced player that I believe Magenta's best move is to sacrifice the lynch save to gain the BTSC. Why don't you agree? An indy that just needs to survive to win has to avoid lynches AND nightkills. Gaining BTSC with the Detectives would help a great deal on both fronts.
Spacedaisy wrote:I wasn't trying to make it look some certain way, that implies manipulation. I was stating outright the way it read to me, and in the same post said maybe you meant it differently than it read. If I were trying to manipulate it, I would not have given you an out.
Well, you gave me an out, and I confirmed that you were reading it wrong, and you still believe that you read it right? That's... not really much of an out, is it? It's more of an out for you than for me. :eye:

And my posts on Llama are not that open to interpretation... I'm pretty clear in what I say in them. You haven't actually explained how to read them your way, maybe if you could do that, it would help your case?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I would guess that Long Con is not Magenta herself, but that another player is her. I agree that Long Con does appear helpful, and would also agree that has been a recent trend for him, so I'm not ready to call him bad for it yet.
(I subbed in the appropriate pronouns for you)

If I end up being Magenta, then it would be quite the zany ploy to make people think I'm not Magenta. I would say that your guess is one that you can trust in.

And, for the record, the whole "helpful" LC thing is not a recent trend in the last few games. I've been doing role-analyses for as long as I can remember - it's pretty standard play for me.
timmer might be right. timmer'm not really familiar with the way timmer've played since before say the Monopoly game. timmer guess that it is a recent trend in timmer perspective.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote:I wasn't trying to make it look some certain way, that implies manipulation. I was stating outright the way it read to me, and in the same post said maybe you meant it differently than it read. If I were trying to manipulate it, I would not have given you an out.
timmer am noticing that timmer does not talk about any player today except for timmer.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

timmer wrote:I'm so sorry MM, I really can't follow this, lol.

Interesting that Epig was apparently killed by an Old Rogue, I was starting to believe he WAS one,so I'll just trust that that role knows what they are doing.

Regarding DH and SVS... I am getting sleepy and must head to bed, but tomorrow I've got a lot of rereading to do, to find all of the people who weren't keen on a Bass lynch. it won't mean that they are all bad, but it will provide some insights.

And finally regarding Roxy, I've moved to a bit more of a neutral stance on her, I believe she may be an indy and I don't think I will be pursuing a lynch in her direction today.
Perhaps he could start using avatar descriptions instead of names? Like Film Maker for you, or White Troll for me? Or pictures if he can't describe it? There are ways around that, I think. Or as LC says, he could use numbers. Unless he is intentionally trying to be unintelligible, which I am beginning to suspect, based on the post you quoted.

As for DH & I, it is just DH. I have no opinion on him. We can never read each other, and have never been able to. I thought that spending most Saturday afternoons together playing D & D might have helped us both read each other better, but it hasn't. It HAS taught us both to get along better, I think, so we no longer wrench whole threads out of whack while we are misreading each other, lol, but we don't really "know" each other any better than we ever did.

He believes I was actively defending Bass 1.0. I was not; I mistakenly did not believe that he was bad. DH is mistaken.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

and a PS, to remind DH~ I did this exact thing in a game recently. GoC, when the person I did not think was bad, and said so, WAS bad. And it was YOU, DH. So you should know what this looks like more than anyone.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I am not an indy I am as close to. a civ that you can get this game.
Funny all you have talked about is how bad I am when I was silenced as soon as I am able to speak I become neutral to you. convenient. very convenient :haha:
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

As for other things -

Daisy - LC has been doing the helpful thingin every game I have ever played with him - I mean he is no aapje but he does do this always irregardless of alignment. Right now I am not seeing your case on him.

DH- you never responded to me but I also think SVS does this mamam bear thing often. I am not sure if she is bad this game tbh I am feeling she isn't.

bf - others are right your posts read as sour grapes inre: the Bass lynch. I must say it twitched my nose.
;)
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 174

Post by DharmaHelper »

blindfaeth wrote:MM must be cursed. I'll answer you in the morning I'm trying to get off to bed because boogs is waiting.

I'll just say before I go that it makes me uneasy that DH is trying to push the whole "oh how many baddies have you caught" routine, when in this game since they didn't start with BTSC and don't know each other, it doesn't matter. He's used that theory in his case against SVS and now he's using it again tonight and can't seem to grasp this concept. Sorry, but your lynch of bass = absolutely no civ cred, as much as you want it to, not happening, so don't act like it should.

Linki, I am frustrated with the bass lynch lol. Because we lynch someone who says cheat but not the elephant in the room who's using wifom to the extreme
One offhanded sarcastic remark does not equal pushing.

Keep twisting my words like this and you're gonna wish you were the one doing all that stretching dude.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:Sometimes I feel like playing mafia is somewhat akin to talking to a wall for me anymore. In death note I didn't comment on the fact things I said were largely ignored because I was bad and did t want to draw attention to myself unnecessarily, but here it is just plain annoying. Does anyone want to discuss LC? Or am I the only one who feels bad about him?
I do want to comment on one of your posts, but I just woke up. I will start the day with asking you how yours is going and giving you a hug though! :hug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 70

Post by rabbit8 »

Roxy wrote:

I am not an indy I am as close to. a civ that you can get this game.
Funny all you have talked about is how bad I am when I was silenced as soon as I am able to speak I become neutral to you. convenient. very convenient :haha:

I think you're bad. ;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Rabbit would probably be happy to discuss me with you, and BF has stated that he suspects me as well.

Maybe you should make a case if you want people to respond to it. It's not easy to respond to "I don't feel good about him".
I did make a very clear case, quoted posts and all. This is a bogus comment and you know it.
There's one thing in your case I want to point out,
Spacedaisy wrote:So, I am frankly not feeling Log Con this game at all. Allow me to explain what I see so far that I really don't like...
Long Con wrote:So llama is deliberately trying to act in such a way that is like a previous Civ game? Is that supposed to make us think he's Civ in this one? Kind of heavy handed.
When FZ brings up her case this was his initial case. Unless I am misreading it, it appears as though LC thinks it is heavy handed for Llama. Which would imply that he finds it difficult to swallow. I could be misreading this though....

If I am not, his turnaround to this next post seems odd. Especially since he didnti say anything regarding llama in the intervening posts.
Long Con wrote:My vote is going to Llama, not that it will matter much for now, for playing the "just like Civvie Llama in X-Men" too hard. I also thought that the post about other ways Llama is "acting too Civvie-Llama" was a good read.
Now I understand your whole "That was my read of the situation" comment, but my read of the situation is that LC is calling Llama's tactic heavy-handed, not FZ's case. And that there is no turnaround, but a follow-through in the post you quoted.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:

Perhaps he could start using avatar descriptions instead of names? Like Film Maker for you, or White Troll for me? Or pictures if he can't describe it? There are ways around that, I think. Or as LC says, he could use numbers. Unless he is intentionally trying to be unintelligible, which I am beginning to suspect, based on the post you quoted.

As for DH & I, it is just DH. I have no opinion on him. We can never read each other, and have never been able to. I thought that spending most Saturday afternoons together playing D & D might have helped us both read each other better, but it hasn't. It HAS taught us both to get along better, I think, so we no longer wrench whole threads out of whack while we are misreading each other, lol, but we don't really "know" each other any better than we ever did.

He believes I was actively defending Bass 1.0. I was not; I mistakenly did not believe that he was bad. DH is mistaken.
Or perhaps timmer don't feel like trying to interpret what timmer'm saying, so timmer'd rather toss a shroud of suspicion over timmer. :evileye:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:Now I understand your whole "That was my read of the situation" comment, but my read of the situation is that LC is calling Llama's tactic heavy-handed, not FZ's case. And that there is no turnaround, but a follow-through in the post you quoted.
Ok, for the first time, I may understand Spacedaisy's point of view there. I never got how she could see the statements as contradictory... Spacedaisy, did you read the first comment as me calling FZ heavy-handed?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Now I understand your whole "That was my read of the situation" comment, but my read of the situation is that LC is calling Llama's tactic heavy-handed, not FZ's case. And that there is no turnaround, but a follow-through in the post you quoted.
Ok, for the first time, I may understand Spacedaisy's point of view there. I never got how she could see the statements as contradictory... Spacedaisy, did you read the first comment as me calling FZ heavy-handed?
I did not. Just in case you're wondering. :grin:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Maybe I'm missing a replacement here, but WTF - reywaS 3 posts, Soneji 7 posts, ika 8 posts, Aces 8 posts. Made 12 posts. I don't know what's up with rey and Made, but I was excited to play with ika and Soneji, and they're not even playing. GUYS, WTF?!
rabbit8 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I did not. Just in case you're wondering. :grin:
Mighty neighbourly of you to say, friend! :grin:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

One more player apparently has asked for a replacement, but none of timmer know who it is.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

RIP Epi. I hope you were bad. If not: RIP Epi :( Too bad you didn't get to experience the curse I suggested for you :pout:
I feel that every game. Makes me feel better to know I'm not the one feeling it, though.

As for LC, if not for the llama disaster, I might have said LC is looking too civvie like, but we all know where that led us :p I can't read him. I see no real difference from previous games, and in order for me to consider voting him, I need something more fishy from him. Right now, I'm not seeing it

I laughed out loud at the Timmer curse, if it's in fact a curse. It's making it really hard to figure out who MM is talking about, but it sure makes for a good laugh.

Welcome back Bass. It rules out the possibility of old Bass having any relationship with any other player in the game. That, or BWT was that person, which is very unlikely. I'll be interested to see how the new Bass acts.

I'm not done reading, but did it make you change your mind at all regarding SVS, DH?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:RIP Epi. I hope you were bad. If not: RIP Epi :( Too bad you didn't get to experience the curse I suggested for you :pout:
I feel that every game. Makes me feel better to know I'm not the one feeling it, though.

As for LC, if not for the llama disaster, I might have said LC is looking too civvie like, but we all know where that led us :p I can't read him. I see no real difference from previous games, and in order for me to consider voting him, I need something more fishy from him. Right now, I'm not seeing it

I laughed out loud at the Timmer curse, if it's in fact a curse. It's making it really hard to figure out who MM is talking about, but it sure makes for a good laugh.

Welcome back Bass. It rules out the possibility of old Bass having any relationship with any other player in the game. That, or BWT was that person, which is very unlikely. I'll be interested to see how the new Bass acts.

I'm not done reading, but did it make you change your mind at all regarding SVS, DH?
If I change my mind I'll change my vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ok Image, perhaps if Image do this, Image will get the picture.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Let Image know if the pictures are not working.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 30

Post by AceofSpaces »

Votes are changeable, so I'm going to join the list of people who have already voted. I voted for S~V~S because I agree with everything Dharamahelper is saying. She has not done anything that has thrown off my day 1 suspicion of her.

Your pictures are working MM.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Pictures lookin good.

ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Ok Image, perhaps if Image do this, Image will get the picture.

I want to accuse you only for the lulz. Baddie MM. :eye:
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I will be scarce today bc I am meeting Josh aka Pangyin DC for some fun!
;)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

AceofSpaces wrote:Votes are changeable, so I'm going to join the list of people who have already voted. I voted for S~V~S because I agree with everything Dharamahelper is saying. She has not done anything that has thrown off my day 1 suspicion of her.

You showed up for your ninth post of the game very soon after I called you out for only having 8 posts. And this S~V~S vote is very sketchy. I'll also join the list of people who have already voted. *votes Aces*
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Roxy wrote:I will be scarce today bc I am meeting Josh aka Pangyin DC for some fun!
PenguinJosh! Tell him to come back for my A World Reborn game! (roles are up if anyone wants to check them out)
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Long Con wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:Votes are changeable, so I'm going to join the list of people who have already voted. I voted for S~V~S because I agree with everything Dharamahelper is saying. She has not done anything that has thrown off my day 1 suspicion of her.

You showed up for your ninth post of the game very soon after I called you out for only having 8 posts. And this S~V~S vote is very sketchy. I'll also join the list of people who have already voted. *votes Aces*

I thought just agreeing with DH was more sketchy than voting SVS.

I agree either way it looks not so good.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also, his blindfaeth vote was sketchy. I voted bf to see what I could draw out, and he was the one that raised the #1 red flag, to me.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote:
Yes, and it seemed weird to me, your turnaround, so I thought I might be misunderstanding it, thus why I said it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 30

Post by AceofSpaces »

Long Con wrote:

I posted because it's when I have time to post. Don't give yourself so much credit. It literally had nothing to do with you.

And I suspected S~V~S day 1, and day 2. Day 1 I voted for her, but didn't have enough time or energy to convince everyone else. So, how is my S~V~S vote "sketchy"?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Thank Image.
rabbit8 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Ok Image, perhaps if Image do this, Image will get the picture.

I want to accuse you only for the lulz. Baddie MM. :eye:
No thank Image. :meany:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Long Con wrote:

I posted because it's when I have time to post. Don't give yourself so much credit. It literally had nothing to do with you.

And I suspected S~V~S day 1, and day 2. Day 1 I voted for her, but didn't have enough time or energy to convince everyone else. So, how is my S~V~S vote "sketchy"?
These are the reasons I was pinged by your post.

1. I thought that opening with "votes are changeable etc" was slightly suspicious language, it gave me the impression that you're leaving a back door open in case things go wrong with that vote. It's not too bad of a sentence really, it only gave me a slight ping, barely making it as a thing on this list.

2. Your vote based on "everything DH is saying" made me feel :ponder: :eye: , to put it in Smilese. It probably makes me more suspicious because of your extreme low-lying play and lack of posts. To come in and say "I'll have what he's having" is just sketchy, surely you can see that.

3. Voting off a Day One suspicion gets more and more questionable as the game goes on. Granted, you're only 10 posts in to the game, but most of us have discussed a bunch of things, things have progressed some beyond Day One.

That's why I found your S~V~S vote sketchy. I also found your blindfaeth vote to be sketchy, as I've said. And to really seal the deal of a vote on you, was the idea that baddies without BTSC are reasonably likely to be laying low, a waiting game until they can get found by Blacksmith. Bass 1.0 was.

Return to “Previous Jobs”