Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by Golden »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Also, I thought saying I wanted to duel would get more heat then it did but it's like it went unnoticed.
What were you thinking when you suggested it, and were you trying to get reactions out of townies or baddies?

@Quin - I thought his end result looked like he wasn't legitimately trying to find Wilgy and MM's teammates, so I was thinking the team that killed him specifically.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Sorsha »

nutella wrote:Damn. Sorry Timmer and RIP Rico.

I am inclined to go after Sorsha and TH today especially considering Eloh's implication. Russ is still up there for me as well.
I'm fine with dueling again but whatever Eloh's implication meant it's not about me being bad. At least one other player should know that by now though.

If I had been around yesterday I'd have voted for myself and probably inh again.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I wouldn't mind dueling today.
I'll add you to my list of ISO's to do because of this post. I'd put you on the same level as TCF for this post right now.

linki: add Sorsha. What's up with all these wanna-be heroes? :meany:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
"Can we lynch Dragon D. Luffy now?"
I feel like this kid's just fishing for reactions.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Also, I thought saying I wanted to duel would get more heat then it did but it's like it went unnoticed.
What were you thinking when you suggested it, and were you trying to get reactions out of townies or baddies?

@Quin - I thought his end result looked like he wasn't legitimately trying to find Wilgy and MM's teammates, so I was thinking the team that killed him specifically.
How do you feel about the vote analysis table he made up?
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Quin wrote:
I'll add you to my list of ISO's to do because of this post. I'd put you on the same level as TCF for this post right now.

Not really trying to be a hero, I just know my participation is crap in this game. It could maybe improve this weekend but who knows. :shrug:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
Come on guy put some effort into it.

Or don't. It is fairly funny imagining some sarcastic redditor in imperial China.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorsha wrote:
Quin wrote:

Not really trying to be a hero, I just know my participation is crap in this game. It could maybe improve this weekend but who knows. :shrug:
How come people voted for you idgi
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

So after that lynch, this post from Glorf I'm reading in a different light:
Glorfindel wrote:I don't know if anyone has made this observation yet but I'll go ahead anyway - If someone has, please accept my most sincere apologies.

I was going back looking at MM's votes during his somewhat limited time with us and would like to make the following observations:

Day 1: MM's votes for Day 1 were on: Dr Wilgy (21) and Turnip Head (22). I obviously don't know MM as well as most of you but is it really THAT likely that he would've voted for TWO of his Nanman team mates on Day 1 :shrug: From an outsider's perspective, I should think it somewhat unlikely - which on balance is a better look for TH. I'm happy to reconsider this if anyone would like to offer an alternate opinion.

Day 2: MM was the last to cast his votes for Dom (54) and Russtifinko (55). Prior to placing his votes, Russ was 'runner-up' wagon on 7 votes. The next highest wagon was timmer on 6 votes. So assuming MM's vote was a 'hail Mary' self preservation vote, wouldn't it have been more logical for him to have voted the next highest wagons (Russ and timmer) than to place his vote on Dom? Admittedly, timmer's last vote (6) was made immediately before MM's (by Nutella) but I wonder what conclusions could be drawn from that? The vote for Dom was on a slow burn from the beginning of the Day phase (starting on vote (5) and followed by votes (9), (13), (23) and (43). In comparison, timmer's vote was meteoric - picking up 6 votes in a matter of hours (votes (26), (31), (33), (41), (48) and (53). If self preservation were his goal, I'd have thought MM would've voted timmer before Dom :shrug:
It looks like a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors to get people to turn away from TH and towards Russ. I know this post was influential in m own thinking about Timmer. I can't help but wonder if this wasn't the push of a baddie to get a lynch train going at the top of the hill so that it could speed up on its own.

More suspish of TH now. Starting to be suspish of Glorf.

Can someone summarize why people are suspicious of Sorsha?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:So after that lynch, this post from Glorf I'm reading in a different light:
Glorfindel wrote:I don't know if anyone has made this observation yet but I'll go ahead anyway - If someone has, please accept my most sincere apologies.

I was going back looking at MM's votes during his somewhat limited time with us and would like to make the following observations:

Day 1: MM's votes for Day 1 were on: Dr Wilgy (21) and Turnip Head (22). I obviously don't know MM as well as most of you but is it really THAT likely that he would've voted for TWO of his Nanman team mates on Day 1 :shrug: From an outsider's perspective, I should think it somewhat unlikely - which on balance is a better look for TH. I'm happy to reconsider this if anyone would like to offer an alternate opinion.

Day 2: MM was the last to cast his votes for Dom (54) and Russtifinko (55). Prior to placing his votes, Russ was 'runner-up' wagon on 7 votes. The next highest wagon was timmer on 6 votes. So assuming MM's vote was a 'hail Mary' self preservation vote, wouldn't it have been more logical for him to have voted the next highest wagons (Russ and timmer) than to place his vote on Dom? Admittedly, timmer's last vote (6) was made immediately before MM's (by Nutella) but I wonder what conclusions could be drawn from that? The vote for Dom was on a slow burn from the beginning of the Day phase (starting on vote (5) and followed by votes (9), (13), (23) and (43). In comparison, timmer's vote was meteoric - picking up 6 votes in a matter of hours (votes (26), (31), (33), (41), (48) and (53). If self preservation were his goal, I'd have thought MM would've voted timmer before Dom :shrug:
It looks like a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors to get people to turn away from TH and towards Russ. I know this post was influential in m own thinking about Timmer. I can't help but wonder if this wasn't the push of a baddie to get a lynch train going at the top of the hill so that it could speed up on its own.

I had the opposite opinion as Glorfindel had in the Day 1 part. I'm not seeing how the timmer lynch would influence your opinion of him in this post. Can you elaborate?
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Just putting this here for myself for reference:

Boomslang (13), Nerolunar (16), Elohcin (27), Glorfindel (30), Russtifinko (34), insertnamehere (39), Sloonei (43)
15%

I'll look through their vote reasons later.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

Looks like they're killing the talkers. Baddies must be people who don't like to read. :shifty:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I was looking at some of the timmer voters overnight and a found a few questionable things in Glorfindel’s history. First, These two posts represent his only noteworthy contribution to the Day 1 proceedings, and all he is doing is rejecting a voting strategy proposed by others. He does not propose anything of his own and I see no commitment to anything, really. Looks like Glorfindel spent most of the day in the shadows and then stepped out late to position himself against what could be perceived as a bad lynch (Bubbles, aka me, voting for JJJ and Scotty. I assume Jay was town and have no read on Scotty at this point).

That’s one thing. I read that and was feeling a mild tingle, but then I got to his next string of posts and the tingling intensified.
There’s no nightkill Night 1, so Glorfindel immediately jumps to the conclusion that there’s an inactive scum who simply forgot to submit the kill and then proposes the strategy, which he’s normally against, of lynching quiet players because of this. On the following page people started pointing out all the numerous other ways that a nightkill could be prevented, but Glorfindel doubled down on the “inactive scum” theory, even suggesting it’s the most logical explanation. I would not say it is logical to assume that every single scum player (if any scum player is capable of submitting a factional kill, idk how Epi’s doing it this game) simply forgot that there was a responsibility to submit a kill on Night 1, rather than the list of other possible explanations (doctor, unkillable role, roleblocks, etc.). Glorfindel sort of acknowledged this here but also stuck to his guns.

What do y’all think of this? I am not at all familiar with Glorfindel’s playstyle, so any useful knowledge there would be helpful.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
What's your reaction?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:I was looking at some of the timmer voters overnight and a found a few questionable things in Glorfindel’s history. First, These two posts represent his only noteworthy contribution to the Day 1 proceedings, and all he is doing is rejecting a voting strategy proposed by others. He does not propose anything of his own and I see no commitment to anything, really. Looks like Glorfindel spent most of the day in the shadows and then stepped out late to position himself against what could be perceived as a bad lynch (Bubbles, aka me, voting for JJJ and Scotty. I assume Jay was town and have no read on Scotty at this point).

That’s one thing. I read that and was feeling a mild tingle, but then I got to his next string of posts and the tingling intensified.
There’s no nightkill Night 1, so Glorfindel immediately jumps to the conclusion that there’s an inactive scum who simply forgot to submit the kill and then proposes the strategy, which he’s normally against, of lynching quiet players because of this. On the following page people started pointing out all the numerous other ways that a nightkill could be prevented, but Glorfindel doubled down on the “inactive scum” theory, even suggesting it’s the most logical explanation. I would not say it is logical to assume that every single scum player (if any scum player is capable of submitting a factional kill, idk how Epi’s doing it this game) simply forgot that there was a responsibility to submit a kill on Night 1, rather than the list of other possible explanations (doctor, unkillable role, roleblocks, etc.). Glorfindel sort of acknowledged this here but also stuck to his guns.

What do y’all think of this? I am not at all familiar with Glorfindel’s playstyle, so any useful knowledge there would be helpful.
It's worth noting he mentioned the Yellow Turbans leader specifically. Thoughts?

This is my first time playing too, but I don't think that believing a kill-less night was due to inactivity could ever be something that someone historically believes in.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If we had changeable votes, mine would be starting the day on Glorfindel and DDL.

And would you look at that, they're the two people I brought up first!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
What's your reaction?
My reaction is 'oh'. I still owe Luffy an ISO. I'll get on it now.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I was looking at some of the timmer voters overnight and a found a few questionable things in Glorfindel’s history. First, These two posts represent his only noteworthy contribution to the Day 1 proceedings, and all he is doing is rejecting a voting strategy proposed by others. He does not propose anything of his own and I see no commitment to anything, really. Looks like Glorfindel spent most of the day in the shadows and then stepped out late to position himself against what could be perceived as a bad lynch (Bubbles, aka me, voting for JJJ and Scotty. I assume Jay was town and have no read on Scotty at this point).

It's worth noting he mentioned the Yellow Turbans leader specifically. Thoughts?

This is my first time playing too, but I don't think that believing a kill-less night was due to inactivity could ever be something that someone historically believes in.
I'm still just starting to wrap my head around the multiple scum factions at work here, but any time a player mentions one specifically over the other it is something to take note of. Good catch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am playing in a mafia game with Macdougall. This has not happened for a very long time. I owe him an ISO or something.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote:Damn. Sorry Timmer and RIP Rico.

I am inclined to go after Sorsha and TH today especially considering Eloh's implication. Russ is still up there for me as well.
This feels a bit fake to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote:I am playing in a mafia game with Macdougall. This has not happened for a very long time. I owe him an ISO or something.
Nah don't.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'd also like to plead that DisgruntledPorcupine start giving some essence of reasoning or discussion rather than just hiding until the very end of day and dropping a few votes in. If it's a matter of 'I don't have the time', that's still much better than complete absence. It's not helpful :disappoint:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am playing in a mafia game with Macdougall. This has not happened for a very long time. I owe him an ISO or something.
Nah don't.
Never mind then. Just tell me your alignment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:So after that lynch, this post from Glorf I'm reading in a different light:

I had the opposite opinion as Glorfindel had in the Day 1 part. I'm not seeing how the timmer lynch would influence your opinion of him in this post. Can you elaborate?
This post, made when folks were talking about both TH and Timmer, reads like a soft defense of TH and a push towards Timmer. It's questioning the premise of suspicion without overtly defending, as a mafia teammate might do in order to defend. Assuming TH was actually silenced during the last day, then this could be defending a teammate who could not defend themselves (but too early in the cycle to speculate that he was silenced). It even adds the, "I could be wrong" point at the end.

By questioning why MM voted Dom and not Timmer, he implies (fairly directly, although without saying it in so many words) that Timmer and MM were teammates. This reads like an intentional redirect of suspicion from one player to another. We now know that Timmer was civ. I'm wondering if Glorf and TH aren't both teammates of MM (and, hence, knew that Timmer wasn't their teammate).

And I just caught my typo that I meant to say, "It looks like a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors to get people to turn away from TH and towards Timmer," and not, "It looks like a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors to get people to turn away from TH and towards Russ." I was looking at his post when I wrote it and got the names discombobulated.

Being that I already suspect TH this, in all fairness, furthers my own resolve. But I don't think it looks good for either TH or Glorf in my mind. Those will likely be my 2 votes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Nah don't.
Town as fuck
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm still not totally on board with a lot of the suspicions that I've seen leveled against TH, but that doesn't mean I have him as a town read. I keep forgetting that I've only actually been in this game for about 72 hours. There's a lot of players I have undeveloped reads on. My sorsha vote was influenced by my desire not to lynch Turnip Head or Dom at the end of yesterday, but now that I've had time to reflect I do not think that was a good decision on my part.

Not that I'm scum reading TH either.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:

This post, made when folks were talking about both TH and Timmer, reads like a soft defense of TH and a push towards Timmer. It's questioning the premise of suspicion without overtly defending, as a mafia teammate might do in order to defend. Assuming TH was actually silenced during the last day, then this could be defending a teammate who could not defend themselves (but too early in the cycle to speculate that he was silenced). It even adds the, "I could be wrong" point at the end.

By questioning why MM voted Dom and not Timmer, he implies (fairly directly, although without saying it in so many words) that Timmer and MM were teammates. This reads like an intentional redirect of suspicion from one player to another. We now know that Timmer was civ. I'm wondering if Glorf and TH aren't both teammates of MM (and, hence, knew that Timmer wasn't their teammate).

And I just caught my typo that I meant to say, "It looks like a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors to get people to turn away from TH and towards Timmer," and not, "It looks like a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors to get people to turn away from TH and towards Russ." I was looking at his post when I wrote it and got the names discombobulated.

Being that I already suspect TH this, in all fairness, furthers my own resolve. But I don't think it looks good for either TH or Glorf in my mind. Those will likely be my 2 votes.
I see it now, and I agree. I think I could vote Glorfindel today. TH keeps popping up so I'll be looking at his posts at some point today as well.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

My Luffy ISO is coming along but with the site the way it is i don't think I have the patience to go back and forth quoting posts. I might just refer to things as post 1,2 etc and people can just follow along in another tab.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Nah don't.
Town as fuck
How can I believe you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote:Looks like they're killing the talkers. Baddies must be people who don't like to read. :shifty:
How do you feel about reading?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Well first of all, if I may say, RUDE. I really thought you guys were gonna do it. I really did.

I have read everything.

So I don't have time to respond point by point to each of my accusers from yesterday, but the first major talking point seemed to be about my banter with MM to start the game and I mean yeah, in light of the Wilgy business I can definitely see why that's worth looking into, believe me. But it seems that no one considered the fact that, ever since MM and I became shinigami bros in Death Note Mafia, we mayormaynot vote for each other

in

almost

every

single

game

we

are

in

together.

So, I mean yeah, obviously you have to look into this after MM and Wilgy took turns pulling the WIFOM wagon, but the truth is that this is just a thing that MM and I do, pretty fucking often, and I'm surprised no one has ever noticed it before :shrug2:

(And to the person who said we caught MM for WIFOM so it might work with me too, I would argue that MM's WIFOM alone isn't what got him lynched - at least it wasn't for me. MM slipped. He voted Wilgy as prefect and then he also voted for him Day 1. And then he couldn't come up with any plausible answer for why. That's why I voted for him, and I'm sure it factored into many other's thought processes too; JJJ first and foremost, as he was the one who initially brought it up. For you to then reduce that case to "WIFOM"... I'll bet Jay was rolling in his grave and MM and Wilgy were high-fiving each other in Hell.)

The second point that I noticed that was common among my accusers was "He's rubbing me the wrong way" "He refuses to answer my questions." And to that I say... so what? :mafia: There's more than one way to scumhunt, and one of those ways is not answering questions that I feel don't need answering. In pretty much every game I will do something "completely unhelpful" such as not answering someone's question directed at me and inevitably someone always gets upset when it's their question. The truth of the matter is Scotty, I didn't feel like answering your question because your question was so far removed from what I was trying to do, that it ended up being more fun to just fuck with you a little bit. Call that unhelpful if you want, but it's not like I'm not trying to be helpful in other ways. I'll say again that there's more than one way to play a good civ game, and sometimes that means playing the slow burn. Some people like JJJ and Ricochet come out here displaying their beautiful civvie feathers and they get taken out before the game even gets interesting. I'd argue that the only players who are worried about "looking weird" are the baddies, and they try to avoid it, because look what happens. Lynch the weirdos during the Day and take out the rational overt civvies at Night. It's a baddie formula that has worked since the dawn of time.

Anyways, to actually be RIGHT about MM this early in the game, only to get silenced by his team the next Day, then taking 5 votes and almost being sent to a duel despite not being able to say a word, only to survive and now have to face the mob of "HE WAS SAVED!!!!" ... it's as if it's all going according to my devious plan. I'm just as shocked as anyone to see I wasn't lynched the way those votes flew in at me in the eleventh hour. You know how much civ cred any of my teammates could have potentially gotten from sealing my fate while I was silenced?! I'd have told them to fucking take that free civvie card, because that kind of cover almost NEVER comes around. So yeah, if you want to now go after the "He was saved", well, you go on ahead with that, since I guess I can't really defend how anyone else played yesterday, and I certainly have no content of my own to point towards from yesterday, on account of being silenced and all :rolleyes:

I've got some thoughts about specific people that I wanted to pursue, but I needed to get all that off my chest tonight.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I like that post from TH.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:I like that post from TH.
If only I could have written it BEFORE you voted for me after it seemed clear I was silenced. I have to say that your vote surprised me more than anything else yesterday.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Here's my thoughts on Luffy. I'm going to try something new and do a continuing sort of score after each post, because he's got so much meat to go through and I always suck at quantifying how I feel at the very end. I'll start off at 5/10 just because...middle ground. I don't know. As I said, I'll refer to each post as post 1, 2, and then just give my thoughts- you can follow through my ISO by looking at his posts from his earliest to latest.

I just realised that since I don't talk about every single post this is just going to be confusing. Just try your best to follow along. :puppy:
---

1. Makes a point not to trust JJJ based entirely on meta and previous games. I remember having a disagree opinion on this sentiment but at the time I never really found it suspicious. 5/10

2. 'Judge people based on this game, not on how much of a good civ they tend to be' - a complete contradiction to what he just said, and I don't like it very much. 4/10

3. Responds to elohcin with basically an elaborated version of what he just said. I think I'd feel okay about this if he didn't completely contradict himself before. 4/10

4. Votes himself and INH for prefect. My read for INH is pretty wishy-washy because nothing coming from him springs to mind at the moment, so if INH ever dies I'll have something to compare this to. 4/10

5/6/7. He has some discourse with Glorfindel. It's soft and doesn't amount to anything. 4/10

8. He town reads Glorfindel. Or more specifically, 'gets good vibes'. That's a more flexible way of wording a town read to avoid criticism if he ever needs to back down. He has an entire paragraph as to why Glorfindel is giving him good vibes, and like, half a line for Elohcin. If Glorfindel is lynched today and comes back bad I'd be scrutinising Luffy a lot more. But as it is, still 4/10.

9. His prefect vote is a joke vote. 4/10.

10. Points fingers at MP for wallposting, says that it's not a criticism. 4/10

11. Responds to MP to suggest that his wallposting was BS, and that he picks out BS to reply to. In the very same post he mentions seeing lots of suspicious posts on Day 0 but didn't bother addressing them. Suspicious posts = BS, no? 3/10

12/13. Discourse with 3J. I didn't see his worry of people blindly following 3J reflected in the earlier posts he made, but the sentiments behind it I still agree with. 3.5/10

14. He picks up on a suspicious post by Russ. Although he's second guessing himself I do agree with his reason for finding it suspicious. I think there was another he pulled this sort of 'First to do this win a vote' so after I do this I'll go find out who that was. To discredit myself a little, I did play along with whoever that was. 4/10

15. Says that we should lynch those we are most suspicious of, and he's looking into end game. I don't think anything of the latter part but I thought it'd be good to bring it up. 4/10

16. Says he finds me suspicious and says he'll elaborate. There's a post a little bit later where he agrees with my reasons to dismiss MP's aggressive behaviour as being suspicious which is the closest he comes to it, but he never did come back and explain his reasons. 3/10 Nevermind, he just forgot about little 'ol me. It's a bit later.

17. 'MP is not me though, so I don't know if its a good idea to project myself on him, but after this episode, I just don't feel like I want to lynch his role at all.' - was this just bad wording? ?/10

18. He's neutral reading me now. Sounds like his reason to scumread me was a miscommunication if anything. Ok. 4/10

---

And that's just Day 1.

linki: I was the one who brought up marmots contradictory voting pattern, poo-head.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:I have read everything.

Do you think any of the people who were pushing your lynch are bad? Who's most likely among them?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I was not worried about LoRab, like I said I don't blame anyone for looking into the WIFOM angle. My question for Lorab is I'd like to know when in the game she specifically started suspecting me, and did she ever consumer my actions from a civ perspective, because the case she presented is (obviously) biased towards the baddie perspective. Nutella sounded sincere to me as well. I think Scotty was mostly being spiteful because he didn't like how I was playing.

I was most concerned by the votes I got from people who had hardly posted all day, let alone say a SINGLE thing about me before voting for me. I believe these were Elohcin, Golden and Blooper. Watching it in real time I thought it looked like a timmer save, which has been proven wrong. But I think they need to explain themselves regardless.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Turnip Head wrote:I was not worried about LoRab, like I said I don't blame anyone for looking into the WIFOM angle. My question for Lorab is I'd like to know when in the game she specifically started suspecting me, and did she ever consumer my actions from a civ perspective, because the case she presented is (obviously) biased towards the baddie perspective. Nutella sounded sincere to me as well. I think Scotty was mostly being spiteful because he didn't like how I was playing.

I was most concerned by the votes I got from people who had hardly posted all day, let alone say a SINGLE thing about me before voting for me. I believe these were Elohcin, Golden and Blooper. Watching it in real time I thought it looked like a timmer save, which has been proven wrong. But I think they need to explain themselves regardless.
Do you think it could have been a BWT save? More specifically, how do you feel about BWT?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:Here's my thoughts on Luffy...
What do the numbers mean here? Do low numbers = scum or town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
The lower the number the lower he'd sit on a rainbow list. So as of the end of Day 1, he's sitting on a light orange.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I have no opinion on BWT. I don't remember a single thing he's said. I certainly wouldn't save him if he was my teammate.

For all we know, no one at all was saved yesterday. I think it's premature to start pointing the finger based on the possibility of a save.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Alright. So I have still not caught up any more, and I am now about 15 pages behind. So I have 1 of 2 options:

1) Give up and ask to be replaced because I do not have the free time right now to read through the amount of posts I need to get through to catch up.

2) Start from scratch right now and build on from there.

And I'm going to try option #2. Soooooo....anyone got some Cliff Notes for what's happened so far?
This was birdwithteeth's last post. If he ever did get the Cliff Notes, he never did anything with them. I don't get any particularly scummy vibes from, but there's nothing in his post history that screams town either.

I will say that this post is similar to what I tried to do as scum when I fell behind in the champs game last week.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
The lower the number the lower he'd sit on a rainbow list. So as of the end of Day 1, he's sitting on a light orange.
Gotcha. I'll have another look at the thing and share any thoughts I have.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Turnip Head wrote:Well first of all, if I may say, RUDE. I really thought you guys were gonna do it. I really did.

I have read everything.

So I don't have time to respond point by point to each of my accusers from yesterday, but the first major talking point seemed to be about my banter with MM to start the game and I mean yeah, in light of the Wilgy business I can definitely see why that's worth looking into, believe me. But it seems that no one considered the fact that, ever since MM and I became shinigami bros in Death Note Mafia, we mayormaynot vote for each other

in

almost

every

single

game

we

are

in

together.

So, I mean yeah, obviously you have to look into this after MM and Wilgy took turns pulling the WIFOM wagon, but the truth is that this is just a thing that MM and I do, pretty fucking often, and I'm surprised no one has ever noticed it before :shrug2:

(And to the person who said we caught MM for WIFOM so it might work with me too, I would argue that MM's WIFOM alone isn't what got him lynched - at least it wasn't for me. MM slipped. He voted Wilgy as prefect and then he also voted for him Day 1. And then he couldn't come up with any plausible answer for why. That's why I voted for him, and I'm sure it factored into many other's thought processes too; JJJ first and foremost, as he was the one who initially brought it up. For you to then reduce that case to "WIFOM"... I'll bet Jay was rolling in his grave and MM and Wilgy were high-fiving each other in Hell.)

The second point that I noticed that was common among my accusers was "He's rubbing me the wrong way" "He refuses to answer my questions." And to that I say... so what? :mafia: There's more than one way to scumhunt, and one of those ways is not answering questions that I feel don't need answering. In pretty much every game I will do something "completely unhelpful" such as not answering someone's question directed at me and inevitably someone always gets upset when it's their question. The truth of the matter is Scotty, I didn't feel like answering your question because your question was so far removed from what I was trying to do, that it ended up being more fun to just fuck with you a little bit. Call that unhelpful if you want, but it's not like I'm not trying to be helpful in other ways. I'll say again that there's more than one way to play a good civ game, and sometimes that means playing the slow burn. Some people like JJJ and Ricochet come out here displaying their beautiful civvie feathers and they get taken out before the game even gets interesting. I'd argue that the only players who are worried about "looking weird" are the baddies, and they try to avoid it, because look what happens. Lynch the weirdos during the Day and take out the rational overt civvies at Night. It's a baddie formula that has worked since the dawn of time.

Anyways, to actually be RIGHT about MM this early in the game, only to get silenced by his team the next Day, then taking 5 votes and almost being sent to a duel despite not being able to say a word, only to survive and now have to face the mob of "HE WAS SAVED!!!!" ... it's as if it's all going according to my devious plan. I'm just as shocked as anyone to see I wasn't lynched the way those votes flew in at me in the eleventh hour. You know how much civ cred any of my teammates could have potentially gotten from sealing my fate while I was silenced?! I'd have told them to fucking take that free civvie card, because that kind of cover almost NEVER comes around. So yeah, if you want to now go after the "He was saved", well, you go on ahead with that, since I guess I can't really defend how anyone else played yesterday, and I certainly have no content of my own to point towards from yesterday, on account of being silenced and all :rolleyes:

I've got some thoughts about specific people that I wanted to pursue, but I needed to get all that off my chest tonight.
I'm not convinced.

You mischaracterize the accusations on you. It wasn't just voting for MM, it was about you buddying up before that. And his voting for you for prefect. And where you commented that you were his only neutral lead and hahaha, maybe you're teammates.

First of all, no one is saying you were saved--or maybe someone did and I missed it. Can you point out where that was brought up? You put that out there when it isn't even what's happening in the thread. You weren't lynched because it was realized you were silenced. And the votes for you didn't come at the elevnth hour--they were coming in throughout. You're painting the last lynch in a way that it didn't happen.

Also, you seem like an odd choice to have been silenced. And how do you know who silenced you? Yes, there is a silencer on MM's team, but there are also plenty of secrets in both civvie and baddie roles. It honestly seems more plausible to me that your own team silenced you than to think that MM's teammates silenced you.

I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying you as civ at this point.

Linkitis: Keep in mind, I was days behind, and read things with the knowledge of later lynches (because I read those posts right away). So, in reading Day 1, I already knew that MM was bad. It was in reading your day 1 posts that I started to suspect you. They just didn't ring true and read like a baddie bantering with a teammate in the thread.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

@Sloomei: I think what happened is no one gave him the Cliff Notes and he was like "Okay well fuck this then." If he was a baddie, I might have expected him to proceed with Option 2 and try to get his head in the game. But hell if I'm gonna be able to make a read based on that.

Linki @Lorab: it's like you didn't even read the links I posted about me and MM. I probably would have played similarly if I was bad with him, I fully admit that. But I've had this rapport with him over many games and the only one where I was on his team, I wasnt even aware of it because my role prevented me from knowing my teammates.

So if you lynch me based on MM being bad, in games where I've bantered with him on Day 1, according to historical record, you would be right like 1 out of like 10 times, and even then it would only be a freak accident that you were right :beer: MAYBE THAT'S WHY I DID IT :feb:

But remain unconvinced if you wish. You and I have plenty of history too Lorab, and I've learned better than to stress over your read of me :workit:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
If only I could have written it BEFORE you voted for me after it seemed clear I was silenced. I have to say that your vote surprised me more than anything else yesterday.
Why? I'm on the record many times as saying I haven't been reading the thread. How would I know you weren't posting in it? I didn't even know silencing was a thing happening in this game, let alone that it was a thing that happened to you.

My vote for you came without, as far as I recall, having read any of your posts in the game. It's worth having my votes on people who are going to get votes, because how people react to genuine wagons matters.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

@Lorab And yeah it's pretty easy to look at my posts with the gift of hindsight like you did, but you rob my posts of all agency when you do that because you're not looking at the context. I would argue I did more than anyone except Jay (or Quin) to get the marmot lynched. I wanted to pit him against Scotty just to make sure the marmot hanged :noble: m
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Why? I'm on the record many times as saying I haven't been reading the thread. How would I know you weren't posting in it? I didn't even know silencing was a thing happening in this game, let alone that it was a thing that happened to you.

My vote for you came without, as far as I recall, having read any of your posts in the game. It's worth having my votes on people who are going to get votes, because how people react to genuine wagons matters.
If you don't know why I'd be surprised to see you vote for me after not saying a thing about me, and then soending your whole vote post talking about how you weren't voting for timmer, still saying nothing about me...

If you don't see how I would be surprised by that, I don't know what to tell you. I know you weren't reading the thread. I've never seen you play like that before. You don't just theirs your votes around.

I didn't say I suspect you necessarily for it. I said it surprised me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Hey losers, guess who just took the top spot for in-thread post count. This guy.

Well, except for 3J. He still has twice my post count and he died two phases ago. :|
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

But the baddies killed the two most reasonable people so tbh I don't have high hopes for my survival :rolleyes: You guys do whatever you want. I'm not going to spend my time and energy in defense mode all game.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Quin wrote:Hey losers, guess who just took the top spot for in-thread post count. This guy.

Well, except for 3J. He still has twice my post count and he died two phases ago. :|
And look what happened to him. Good luck with all that :beer:

Return to “Previous Jobs”