[END] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Re: [NIGHT 12] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Matahari »

What's it called when each person votes the name above his own? A round tabłe? Round robin? Singing in rounds? I'm beginning to think its what we need to do if we're ever going to lynch a baddie.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lizzy »

More confusion huzzah! INH voting for me makes me have second thoughts about him... If that was the purpose, it worked. Then there's Russti - the cleanest looking of us all, with barely any votes, who really has no reason not to suspect me at this point, and who, despite the super civ aura he had throughout the game, has not been targeted yet, or not that we know of. So yus, he could be bad. Butt that would make me very sad. :sigh: Gah! I hate this game! :p
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Eloh - Please vote me on Day 13; I am a silly bean.

Matahari - I totally get what you mean, and a lot of time I would think this would be an awesome tactic (especially if we are earlier in the game), but I think this could be a good way to knock off a lot of civs in one night. I'm not sure what our hit points are at (and don't really think we should reveal them), but this far in a lot of us are basically walking around on bloody stumps instead of legs.

What does anyone else think?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

holy carp!!!! I love your avatar. That was the first book I ever bought with my allowance
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 12: WHY, COTTON ALLEY???!! WHY?!?!?!!!!!!

Elohcin has been killed trying to save Meat Ninja. She was Ogmo.

Matahari has been killed trying to save Meat Ninja. She was Captain Viridian.

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [END] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Conclusion: It Ends with a Whimper

Lizzy has been killed by Dr. Fetus.

Evil has prevailed!!! The Heroes have lost. Darkness consumes the World of Meat.

Congratulations to Devin the Omniscient, insertnamehere, Mongoose, and Russtifinko!!!! The Villains have won the game!!!!
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 194

Post by thellama73 »

Thank god that's finally over with. :)
I can't help but think we would have done better if you guys had listened to my vote spreading idea instead of just killing me.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ROLES [Host Key]

Heroes (14)

Meat Boy – The game’s protagonist who tries to save his love from the evil Dr. Fetus. Every night he travels through a level, searching for Bandage Girl; if he finds her, he forces Dr. Fetus to flee to another world. Meat Boy is very fast and jumps normally. He hates saws!
Lives = 30
Evasion = d10 + 7

Bandage Girl – The unfortunate captive victim of Dr. Fetus, she awaits rescue by Meat Boy, but may instead be found by someone else. If Dr. Fetus is defeated at Chapter 6: The End, she finally regains her abilities, which are very similar to Meat Boy's. Until then, she has no day or night ability, but also cannot be killed because she remains in Dr. Fetus’s possession.
Lives = Infinite until Chapter 7, then 30
Evasion = N/A

Commander Video – From Bit.Trip, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Commander Video is very slow, but has the ability to hover in the air, increasing his jump distance.
Lives = 10
Evasion = d5 + 28

Goo Ball – From World of Goo, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Goo Ball is slow and jumps normally, but can stick to walls or ceilings, a unique and very helpful trait. However, its success can be erratic.
Lives = 15
Evasion = d60 - 5

Jill – From Mighty Jill Off, she assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Jill is slow and jumps normally, but can descend at a slower speed than many others, allowing for easier damage control.
Lives = 15
Evasion = d10 + 17

Alien Hominid – From Alien Hominid, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Alien Hominid has normal speed, but can choose to boost his jumps, allowing him a huge advantage over enemies. However, after boosting, he must wait another night to do so again, and his regular jump is lackluster.
Lives = 20
Evasion = [d20 + 20] BOOST; [d5 + 5] REGULAR

Ogmo – From Jumper, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Ogmo has normal speed and lackluster jumping ability, but can double jump.
Lives = 20
Evasion = [d5 + 5] + [d10 + 5]

Flywrench – From Flywrench, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Flywrench is slow, given his odd shape. He can hug a wall, vertically moving up it with ease, and additionally is able to triple jump. However, his jump worsens with each jump, and he falls faster than any other character, making it very difficult for damage control. Consequently, he has perhaps the most erratic success of any of the heroes.
Lives = 15
Evasion = d100 - 30

Captain Viridian – From VVVVVV, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Captain Viridian is slow and jumps normally. He has the unique ability to shift gravity, causing chaos for unsuspecting attackers, but his ability to control exactly how and when it shifts is sometimes beyond his control.
Lives = 15
Evasion = d10 + 7 + lower enemy attack by d10

Tim – From Braid, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Tim is fast and jumps normally. He additionally has the ability to shift the fabric of time itself on two occasions, if he believes the heroes are in danger. Consequently, Tim has the choice to reset the previous cycle (day and night), allowing it to be replayed. Tim must make this decision within thirty minutes after the end of the period.
Lives = 25
Evasion = d10 + 7

Pink Knight – From Castle Crashers, she assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Pink Knight has normal speed and a lackluster regular jump, but can flutter in the air while jumping, providing the extra distance necessary to evade disaster.
Lives = 20
Evasion = [d5 + 5] + [d3 + 10]

Steve – From Minecraft, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Stevie has normal speed, but a terrible jump. However, he can shift around blocks in the levels, vastly increasing the chance of an enemy’s failure to harm him.
Lives = 20
Evasion = 40% chance of enemy attack failure; if no luck, then [d4 + 2]

Tofu Boy – From 'Super Tofu Boy', he “assists” Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level, but in reality only does so to prove to himself how awesome he is after completing a level. Because of a major iron deficiency, he is very slow and has a terrible jump, rendering him completely useless. If his ego is ever bruised, he consequently suffers severe psychological issues, becoming suicidal. Once Tofu Boy loses a single life, his win condition changes from a typical civvie to that of a suicidal maniac, winning the game only if he is killed via lynch.
Lives = 10
Evasion = d0 + 1

Meat Ninja – He assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. He is very similar to Meat Boy, running very fast and jumping normally, but has an additional ability to avoid imminent danger. Every time he fears he is close to death, he will attempt to survive via teleport, an ability that is unpredictable in success. When he is within 10 points of possible failure in either direction from his opponent, he attempts to teleport. The teleportation’s success is categorized by a 50% chance of avoiding the attack and a 50% chance of failure, resulting in death.
Lives = 30
Evasion = d10 + 7

Villains (4)

Dr. Fetus – The game’s antagonist, Dr. Fetus, is truly evil. Every night, he hides Bandage Girl within a level that he has engineered to kill or confuse his enemies; he must choose which level by the end of each day period. If she is found, he flees to another world, altering the landscape of the game. When the players are in Chapter 1: The Forest, Dr. Fetus selects a target every night to chase in his Lil’ Slugger. When the players are in Chapter 3: The Salt Factory, Dr. Fetus selects a target every night for Brownie to race. Once Chapter 6: The End is reached, Dr. Fetus chooses a player to face in the final boss battle at his castle. Until then, Dr. Fetus cannot be killed. If Dr. Fetus is successful any of the attempts throughout the final boss battle, he wins and his nemesis dies, and he challenges a different player the subsequent night. Once he loses, he flees one last time to World 7: Cotton Alley, instead capturing the player who defeated him, hiding in levels once more. If subsequently found, he dies.
Lives = Infinite
Attack = World 1 Attack: [d15 + 15]; World 6 Attack: [d30 + 1] x 5

C.H.A.D. – An animated mass of blood and tissue that confronts any intruders at the Hospital. When the players are in Chapter 2: Hospital, C.H.A.D. selects a target every night to attack. C.H.A.D. is very fast and his attack is brutal.
Lives = 30
Attack = d20 + 15

Little Horn – A giant shadow monster from Hell that resembles Meat Boy, this villain grows strength from the failure of others. When the players are in Chapter 4: Hell, Little Horn selects a target every night to attack. Little Horn's speed starts as normal, but grows faster with every player's death; similarly, his attack grows more powerful with every player's fatigue.
Lives = 20 + 1 each time a player loses the game
Attack = d25 + # of lives opponent has lost

Larries Lament – A collective of three giant maggots that burrow in the ground, waiting for prey to attack. When the players are in Chapter 5: Rapture, Larries Lament selects anywhere from one to three targets every night to attack. Each of the three maggots is very slow, but combined they can do lethal damage. The three attack attempts can be split among one, two, or three targets. Every time Larries Lament loses one of its collective, it permanently loses one attack attempt.
Lives = 10 + 10 + 10
Attack = [d40 - 5] x 3

Independent (1)

Brownie – Designed to look like Meat Boy, but instead composed of fecal matter, Brownie hates to race (but Dr. Fetus makes him anyway). When the players are in Chapter 3: The Salt Factory, Brownie races a challenger, selected by Dr. Fetus, hoping to beat them in order to avoid death. If the opponent defeats Brownie, they can choose to help him from death or to let him die. If Brownie defeats the opponent, he has the same decision to make. As Brownie is designed like Meat Boy, he is very fast and has a normal jump. A player's success or failure in a race against Brownie is determined by whichever has the larger of [current lives as a dice roll + evasion].
Lives = 30
Attack = d10 + 7
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

PLAYERS
Meat Boy - Epignosis
Bandage Girl - Vompatti
Commander Video - birdwithteeth11
Goo Ball - thellama73
Jill - Hedgeowl
Alien Hominid - A Person
Ogmo - Elohcin
Flywrench - Mighty Rearranger -- [wrathofgod]
Captain Viridian - Matahari -- [Dom]
Tim - thellama73 2.0 -- [DisgruntledPorcupine]
Pink Knight - Mongoose
Steve - Jigsaw
Tofu Boy - Boomslang
Meat Ninja - Lizzy

Dr. Fetus - insertnamehere
C.H.A.D. - Russtifinko -- [Degobunny]
Little Horn - Mongoose 2.0 -- [Rose] -- [Flyin' High]
Larries Lament - Devin the Omniscient

Brownie - Nevinera
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

PLAYER LIFE COUNT
Epignosis - 24 - DEAD
Vompatti - Infinite - 28 - DEAD
birdwithteeth11 - 0 - DEAD
thellama73 - 0 - DEAD
Hedgeowl - 0 - DEAD
A Person - 3 - DEAD
Elohcin - 17 - DEAD
Mister Rearranger - 9 - DEAD
Matahari - 6 - DEAD
DisgruntledPorcupine - 11 - DEAD
Mongoose - 17 - DEAD
Jigsaw - 0 - DEAD
Boomslang - 0 - DEAD
Lizzy - 24 - Infinite - DEAD

insertnamehere - Infinite
Russtifinko - 22
Mongoose 2.0 - 18
Devin the Omniscient - 0, 10, 10

Nevinera - 29 - DEAD
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

PLAYER EVASION/ATTACK
Epignosis - [d10 + 7]
Vompatti - N/A
birdwithteeth11 - [d5 + 28]
thellama73 - [d60 - 5]
Hedgeowl - [d10 + 17]
A Person - [d20 + 20] BOOST; [d5 + 5] REGULAR
Elohcin - [d5 + 5] + [d10 + 5]
Mister Rearranger - [d100 - 30]
Matahari - d10 + 7 + lower enemy attack by d10
DisgruntledPorcupine - [d10 + 7]
Mongoose - [d5 + 5] + [d3 + 10]
Jigsaw - 40% chance of enemy attack failure; if no luck, then [d4 + 2]
Boomslang - [d0 + 1]
Lizzy - [d10 + 7]; When he is within 10 points of possible failure in either direction from his opponent, he attempts to teleport. The teleportation’s success is categorized by a 50% chance of avoiding the attack and a 50% chance of failure, resulting in death

insertnamehere - World 1 Attack = [d15 + 15]; World 6 Attack = [d30 + 1] x 5
Russtifinko - [d20 + 15]
Rose - [d25 + # of lives opponent has lost]
Devin the Omniscient - [d40 - 5] x 3

Nevinera - [d10 + 7]

Cotton Alley - [[d7] x [# of Heroes remaining - 1] + # of level selected]

Brownie Races = Life base as a dice roll + Evasion
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:Thank god that's finally over with. :)
I can't help but think we would have done better if you guys had listened to my vote spreading idea instead of just killing me.
I would've endorsed it but I get killed early in the game too often.

Congrats to the baddies, I had been waiting for them to win for a few weeks now. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

WARP ZONES

By entering any warp zone, players gain access to a WARP ZONE forum. While a player is in a warp zone, he or she cannot post in the game thread, but is removed from the thread poll. Players cannot speak about anything regarding the warp zone in the normal game thread, not even that they entered one or that they were silenced. If questioned about poll removal, they must feign ignorance. Breaking any of these rules is punishable by death.

If a player enters one of the red warp zones, they can choose to have a message sent from the host to the player pictured in the warp zone. The message can contain anything except for role outing or hinting.

When a player enters their third warp zone, he or she dies after the day period is over.

Forum password: warpzoneyeah

Chapter 1-5: Vote up to three players to role block for the coming Night.
Chapter 1-12: Information! Vote up to three Day 0 options you wish to find out about. For Commander Video: Gain a role check! If you check a civvie, you gain BTSC with that player.
Chapter 1-19: Vote up to three players you believe deserve to gain a life.
Chapter 2-8: Information! Vote up to five Day 0 options you wish to find out about. For Jill: Gain a role check! If you check a civvie, you gain BTSC with that player.
Chapter 2-12: Vote up to three players you believe deserve to gain a life.
Chapter 2-15: Vote up to three players to role block for the coming Night.
Chapter 3-5: Vote up to three players you believe deserve to gain a life.
Chapter 3-7: Vote up to three players to role block for the coming Night.

Chapter 3-16: Information! Vote up to three Day 0 options you wish to find out about. For Ogmo: Gain a role check! If you check a civvie, you gain BTSC with that player.
Chapter 4-D7: Information! Vote up to three players to lose five lives each. For Flywrench: Gain a role check! If you check a civvie, you gain BTSC with that player.
Chapter 5-1: Vote up to three players to role block for the coming Night.
Chapter 5-7: Information! Vote up to three Day 0 options you wish to find out about. For Alien Hominid: Gain a role check! If you check a civvie, you gain BTSC with that player.
Chapter 5-12: Vote up to three players you believe deserve to gain a life.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Epignosis »

Boy did I fail. :disappoint: I suspected Russ and Devin on and off but always found more compelling reasons to vote elsewhere. Well done bad guys!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Finally! Excellent game, baddies! It was pretty impossible for you guys to lose. :dance:

Also, thank you to all who died in an attempt to save me. I'm deeply touched. :hug:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:Also, thank you to all who died in an attempt to save me. I'm deeply touched. :hug:
I guess I didn't mind dying then. :hugs:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Also, thank you to all who died in an attempt to save me. I'm deeply touched. :hug:
I guess I didn't mind dying then. :hugs:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well done? What the hell am I saying?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I really just want to say thank you to everyone who played this game!!!!

I had a blast hosting it and I hope all of you had a blast playing it. I know it was very different than your standard mafia game, but I suppose what else can you expect when you play an MP game? :p

I was very pleased with the way the life and level system worked out; it was incredibly intriguing to watch. I would likely never use it again, but I am glad that such an experimental game actually seemed to work IMO, since when you experiment so wildly you can plan for everything but it still might go not the way you planned. Contrary to that, this game went pretty closely to how I planned, except for how brutally slaughtered the civvies were.

Using that as a transition, I could NOT believe just how well the baddies were manipulating the thread the entire game and were able to withstand some crazy replacements. I was shocked Mongoose 2.0 wasn't lynched unanimously after replacing in, and seeing INH, Devin, and Russ control the thread was something else.

However, it wasn't always that way! At the beginning, INH was acting like he was picking the levels that he was choosing to hide Dr. Fetus so that no one would find him (genius plan, but risky, IMO). Llama seemed to catch onto it and then when he questioned the "randomization" of INH's levels, Degobunny came to INH's defense with her "why not not level 2?" and at that moment I thought that both of them might be totally found out, but it never amounted to anything!! I couldn't believe that something I thought was so layered with tension just fizzled out completely, and the civvies thereafter just went after each other, day after day.

Even though the baddies had played such an amazing game, the reason it lasted so long was that it still could have ended with a civvie victory!! If the civvies had found Dr. Fetus in Cotton Alley, the baddies would have automatically lost the game, something the baddies I know suspected but I never told them!

Llama's idea of hitting everyone with one vote might have worked out pretty well, despite the fact that baddies really had more lives than most of the civvies, in that the civvies strength was definitively in their numbers, and in searching the levels to force Dr. Fetus's hand (since if they found him at Level 7, they won automatically). However, the baddies did have an NK and the civvies could only kill by wiping out the baddies' lives, so it might have just brought them down

One way the civvies could have won easily was if every single one of them ventured into a Warp Zone and thus all of them except the four baddies would have been removed from the poll. The baddies could jump into Warp Zones, but I only offered them entry during nights to "follow" a Hero who had jumped into a Warp Zone the night before, and thus, the baddies would have in theory all been outed in this fashion. I realized this fact and believe I balanced the game as well as I possibly could have given the experimental elements, but I highly doubted this scenario would happen (but thought it would be really interesting if someone suggested it!).

There were two things that didn't happen in this game which I was expecting to see, all of that said. First was Brownie's races and its "choice" to go with either civvies or baddies and this didn't occur because the baddies killed off Nevinera! The way that role worked was: At its first race, whoever Dr. Fetus told it to race (in this case it was MR, but since Nev was dead, it was a moot point) determined Brownie's alignment. If MR had won and let Brownie die, well, Brownie would be dead and it wouldn't matter. If MR had won and saved Brownie, Brownie would have "chosen" (automatically) to win only with the civvies. If Nevinera had won and chosen to save MR, same outcome. If Nevinera had won and chosen to let MR die, however, only then would Nevinera had "chosen" (automatically) to win only with the baddies. The second item that did not occur was the baddie team not being able to kill due to one of them being dead. If, for example, Devin HAD died early on, when they reached Chapter 5, the baddies would have had no way to kill any civvies! Since none of them even came close to losing their lives (except maybe Mongoose 2.0, and only because her predecessor lost so many votes due to missing polls... only one more would have killed her regardless), the baddies didn't have to worry about it.

Well, I am here to answer absolutely any questions! Again, thank every single one of you and I hope you had fun!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and how could I forget?

One other thing that didn't happen which I expected to see, and which would have helped the civvies BIG TIME, was DP/llama 2.0's power. It was an incredibly powerful action IMO. I did wish it had happened, but when llama 2.0 was killed, from that point I knew the civvies were probably screwed.

And I must say, brilliant performance by Boomslang, who also managed to win this game due to missing the first poll on purpose (therefore changing his win condition to something that probably was easier to achieve) and thereafter smoothly leading to his own lynch. I would have acted more outrageously in his shoes, but I think his approach might have been even better than being too obvious, given Bandage Girl and Dr. Fetus being unkillable.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

I have a cvestion: how on earth can you type that fast? Dayum!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lizzy wrote:I have a cvestion: how on earth can you type that fast? Dayum!
When I Hosted I kept notes as I went.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Epignosis wrote:
Yep, I figured. Still pretty impressive. :wine:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
This is what I do!

But, that said, the two red posts up there I literally had not prepared at all; I just now typed those out as my thoughts off the top of my head.

Obviously, the others before that were all in my host thread already.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I suggested lynching replacements. I just chose poorly. :blush:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Oh! How could I forget my short-lived BTSC buddy, MR? :hugs: I thought our pairing was brilliant! Why did he die btw?
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Now that the game is over, I think I may have used my rezz too early when I used it on Rob, but I have had a habit of dying early lately and wanted to make sure it was used on someone i thought was a civ.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:I suggested lynching replacements. I just chose poorly. :blush:
Lol, yes, that was another moment I thought the civvies might actually have some luck! But it fizzled out too.

Really, the baddies couldn't have played this game any better. It's hard to say either of the factions really had an advantage considering every factor in the game, but I still wondered at times if the dynamic made it unfair to the civvies... but in actuality, the civvies just were the furthest off the mark they could possibly be. :p

Lizzy wrote:Oh! How could I forget my short-lived BTSC buddy, MR? :hugs: I thought our pairing was brilliant! Why did he die btw?
Yes!! I was pleased to see at least one of the BTSC possibilities did happen!

A Person wrote:Now that the game is over, I think I may have used my rezz too early when I used it on Rob, but I have had a habit of dying early lately and wanted to make sure it was used on someone i thought was a civ.
You probably used it pretty well considering Rob had so many lives, but unfortunately it didn't matter.

And you reminded me, I forgot to display the Day 0 poll results!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 0: Results

Meat Boy - You can search three levels on Night 0 instead of one.
Sausage Boy - You can inquire about one player and guess their role. If incorrect, you are told. If correct, you can guess again.
Sushi Boy - You cannot use your power on Night 0.
Tofu Boy - Any player who votes for you on Day 1 cannot use their power on Night 1.
Pork Chop Boy - The first vote cast against you on Day 1 takes three lives away from you instead of one.
KFC Boy - You are silenced for Night 0 and Day 1.
Burger Boy - You can cancel a player's power of your choice on Night 0.
Head Cheese Boy - The first player to vote this option has a resurrection to be used on anyone but him/herself at any point in the game.
Bacon Boy - You are removed from the Day 1 poll.
Veal Boy - You survive death automatically on Night 0.
Mystery Meat Boy - Randomly selected result.
Meatloaf Boy - You must post in song lyrics or musical Youtube videos only for Night 0 and Day 1.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, LOL, Lizzy, I meant to say why MR died in that post too but trailed off due to multiple quotes. My bad. :haha:

MR died because he entered 3 warp zones. The warp zones were heavily stacked in the civvies' favor, in theory (except for the fact that they could block each other or take each other's lives away if misguided), so I made a mechanism so that a player would automatically die after their third warp zone (see: the warp zones section).
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I tried to enter a warp zone, but you wouldn't let me. :(
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by insertnamehere »

I had a great time MP, it was an awesome game. The chat was really fun with Devin, Mongoose, Russti, and briefly Rose and Dego. See you guys in the championship!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

So much thought goes into your games MP. Appropriate thought- Bioshock had a serious tone and elements that did the video game true justice. Avant 2 and Meatboy had unsurpassed wackiness that always had you looking over your shoulder (when the threat was always in front of you).

Ever amazing shit. Looking forward to your next one already.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, LOL, Lizzy, I meant to say why MR died in that post too but trailed off due to multiple quotes. My bad. :haha:

MR died because he entered 3 warp zones. The warp zones were heavily stacked in the civvies' favor, in theory (except for the fact that they could block each other or take each other's lives away if misguided), so I made a mechanism so that a player would automatically die after their third warp zone (see: the warp zones section).
Hah! I thought it must've been a warp zone overdose, although I kept sending him there to collect intelligence... and to chill until I'd find a decent reason to stop voting for him. :P Sorry, mate! :blush:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Matahari wrote:holy carp!!!! I love your avatar. That was the first book I ever bought with my allowance
Thanks! That's awesome! I think the first one I ever read was #6, about the old clock.

Also: woot.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Fun game, MP! And well played, baddies!

Sorry I snorted too much Warp Zone, fellow civs. :(
Lizzy wrote:Oh! How could I forget my short-lived BTSC buddy, MR? :hugs: I thought our pairing was brilliant! Why did he die btw?
Yeah, I was so happy that I guessed at least 1 thing right this game! And it won me a role-check/BTSC with someone that I was formerly building a case against. :haha:
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This was easily my worst performance ever.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Epignosis wrote:This was easily my worst performance ever.
Me too, I don't think I've ever been so consistently wrong.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Mister Rearranger »

My gut was so right about INH, but then I think I left my gut sitting wherever the last place my liver was and totally forgot about it. *facepalm*
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Hedgeowl »

A Person wrote:
Epignosis wrote:This was easily my worst performance ever.
Me too, I don't think I've ever been so consistently wrong.
Yep, pretty much this. (Except for Thomas) I kept almost thinking about inh early on, but just couldn't convince myself of it.

Ooo Russti I am so going to think you are always bad now. I started to really think you were laying it on thick with the Hedge is a civ shtick, but again you played it so smoothly. Plus like I said in the game it really was hard to think you were bad then. :p

I was really convinced Llama was bad when he didn't make it to the warp zone. my assumption had been that baddies couldn't go at first. Clearly wrong again. The most fun I had was hanging in he warp zone forcing MP to answer all my mundane questions watching MR and others realize they couldn't vote for me. :D

So Much Fun! Thanks MP for another unique and totally different game. :fiesta:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Even though the baddies had played such an amazing game, the reason it lasted so long was that it still could have ended with a civvie victory!! If the civvies had found Dr. Fetus in Cotton Alley, the baddies would have automatically lost the game, something the baddies I know suspected but I never told them!

There were two things that didn't happen in this game which I was expecting to see, all of that said. First was Brownie's races and its "choice" to go with either civvies or baddies and this didn't occur because the baddies killed off Nevinera! The way that role worked was: At its first race, whoever Dr. Fetus told it to race (in this case it was MR, but since Nev was dead, it was a moot point) determined Brownie's alignment. If MR had won and let Brownie die, well, Brownie would be dead and it wouldn't matter. If MR had won and saved Brownie, Brownie would have "chosen" (automatically) to win only with the civvies. If Nevinera had won and chosen to save MR, same outcome. If Nevinera had won and chosen to let MR die, however, only then would Nevinera had "chosen" (automatically) to win only with the baddies. The second item that did not occur was the baddie team not being able to kill due to one of them being dead. If, for example, Devin HAD died early on, when they reached Chapter 5, the baddies would have had no way to kill any civvies! Since none of them even came close to losing their lives (except maybe Mongoose 2.0, and only because her predecessor lost so many votes due to missing polls... only one more would have killed her regardless), the baddies didn't have to worry about it.

Well, I am here to answer absolutely any questions! Again, thank every single one of you and I hope you had fun!
Thanks, MP! This was a really fun game, and even though it took a few days to get into it after subbing in it was well worth it.

We baddies were TERRIFIED about you guys finding Dr. Fetus in level 7; we were nearly certain we would have lost if you did. We actually ended up doing research to find the least-picked numbers at that point.

I suspected that was how Brownie worked, but we never got to see because he died so early. That was a shame. There was speculation in BTSC about who he was right up until the end.

MP, how did the Cotton Alley night sequences go? I was left constantly wondering why people did or didn't die during those.

Llama's power was so strong! We were really lucky he didn't get to use it.

How did MR and Lizzy get BTSC? Neither of them were characters who could get it from Warp Zones, were they?
Epignosis wrote:So much thought goes into your games MP. Appropriate thought- Bioshock had a serious tone and elements that did the video game true justice. Avant 2 and Meatboy had unsurpassed wackiness that always had you looking over your shoulder (when the threat was always in front of you).

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I liked the zaniness and the always-looking-over-your-shoulder-even-when-you-should-be-feeling-safe-iness of this game.
Hedgeowl wrote: Ooo Russti I am so going to think you are always bad now. I started to really think you were laying it on thick with the Hedge is a civ shtick, but again you played it so smoothly. Plus like I said in the game it really was hard to think you were bad then. :p
Thanks Hedge! I'll take that as a compliment. Part of me felt bad for you that everyone was ganging up on you when you weren't bad at all, so I thought you could use some defending. It helped that I got civvie cred for it, of course. :feb:

I'd like to think I posted stuff I would've posted as a civvie though, and I don't think I'd have bought the case against you anyway, although I may not have opposed it so stridently if I had no info.

One thing I always wondered was, why didn't you guys post your level choices in thread? I know it happened a little at the beginning, but it had mostly fizzled by the time I subbed in. If I had been civ, I would have spent the whole game arguing for that. Then if you picked a level someone you suspected had said they also picked and it turned out to be the right one, you'd have proof they were bad, right? At the beginning I thought we might be destroyed by that alone.

Anyway, I had a really good time playing this one, even though I was pressed for time occasionally. Thanks to everyone, especially my teammates, for making it so much fun, and to MP for putting together such a unique and cool game!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh, and one more thing! Do we get a banner? And how does one put a banner in their signature? I still need to get my Minimalism one too, but I haven't been able to figure out how.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Russtifinko wrote: One thing I always wondered was, why didn't you guys post your level choices in thread? I know it happened a little at the beginning, but it had mostly fizzled by the time I subbed in. If I had been civ, I would have spent the whole game arguing for that. Then if you picked a level someone you suspected had said they also picked and it turned out to be the right one, you'd have proof they were bad, right? At the beginning I thought we might be destroyed by that alone.
I think the main problem is that you have to assume people are telling the truth. It doesn't seem like there is much of an advantage in telling the truth when it's impossible to tell when someone lies.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:I tried to enter a warp zone, but you wouldn't let me. :(
Yes! That was because you were blocked in a warp zone poll, unfortunately.

Epignosis wrote:So much thought goes into your games MP. Appropriate thought- Bioshock had a serious tone and elements that did the video game true justice. Avant 2 and Meatboy had unsurpassed wackiness that always had you looking over your shoulder (when the threat was always in front of you).

Thank you so much. The same goes to the comments from everyone else. I really appreciate all of you playing and the kind words. :)

I do try to always capture the spirit of the theme I take on in hosting a game, and I do feel I was successful in representing the odd, light-hearted, wacky frustration that makes Meat Boy so intriguing.

Russtifinko wrote:
Thanks, MP! This was a really fun game, and even though it took a few days to get into it after subbing in it was well worth it.

We baddies were TERRIFIED about you guys finding Dr. Fetus in level 7; we were nearly certain we would have lost if you did. We actually ended up doing research to find the least-picked numbers at that point.

I suspected that was how Brownie worked, but we never got to see because he died so early. That was a shame. There was speculation in BTSC about who he was right up until the end.

MP, how did the Cotton Alley night sequences go? I was left constantly wondering why people did or didn't die during those.

Llama's power was so strong! We were really lucky he didn't get to use it.

How did MR and Lizzy get BTSC? Neither of them were characters who could get it from Warp Zones, were they?

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I liked the zaniness and the always-looking-over-your-shoulder-even-when-you-should-be-feeling-safe-iness of this game.
Hedgeowl wrote: Ooo Russti I am so going to think you are always bad now. I started to really think you were laying it on thick with the Hedge is a civ shtick, but again you played it so smoothly. Plus like I said in the game it really was hard to think you were bad then. :p
Thanks Hedge! I'll take that as a compliment. Part of me felt bad for you that everyone was ganging up on you when you weren't bad at all, so I thought you could use some defending. It helped that I got civvie cred for it, of course. :feb:

I'd like to think I posted stuff I would've posted as a civvie though, and I don't think I'd have bought the case against you anyway, although I may not have opposed it so stridently if I had no info.

One thing I always wondered was, why didn't you guys post your level choices in thread? I know it happened a little at the beginning, but it had mostly fizzled by the time I subbed in. If I had been civ, I would have spent the whole game arguing for that. Then if you picked a level someone you suspected had said they also picked and it turned out to be the right one, you'd have proof they were bad, right? At the beginning I thought we might be destroyed by that alone.

Anyway, I had a really good time playing this one, even though I was pressed for time occasionally. Thanks to everyone, especially my teammates, for making it so much fun, and to MP for putting together such a unique and cool game!
As to Cotton Alley, here you go:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Cotton Alley - [[d7] x [# of Heroes remaining - 1] + # of level selected]
It was an algorithm thus similar to your team's kills, but only that I rolled it with each Hero individually, and I thought the "# of level selected' being a modifier added a level of absolute crazy intensity that is analogous to Cotton Alley. Meat Boy is a pretty damn tough game, but the Cotton Alley levels are RIDICULOUS.

MR and Lizzy got BTSC because MR visited the Warp Zone in Hell that corresponded to his character (see: the Warp Zone section for more detail!) and thus he got to role check someone. If he role checked a civvie, they gained BTSC.

Speaking of level announcements, I was shocked people didn't find out something was going on when INH said he was picking 2, then Jigsaw picked 2, and then Jigsaw claimed he found Fetus! I agree with you, Russ, I thought that would be an automatic baddie caught as well, but maybe not?

And speaking of Jigsaw, I know he enjoyed it, but was pretty busy, a complete newbie, and his computer died before the game started so he had to play from his phone! I found it absolutely hilarious, given that, that his track record of voting baddies in this game was by far the best of any civvie... because he kept going after Devin! :haha: Unfortunately, I think after Devin got other players to vote for him, it scared him off, haha.

Russtifinko wrote:Oh, and one more thing! Do we get a banner? And how does one put a banner in their signature? I still need to get my Minimalism one too, but I haven't been able to figure out how.
Yes! Typically, Daisy makes the banners for all of the games, except for the ones in which the host opts to make their own banner, and she said she'd work on these ASAP.

If you want to put a banner in your sig, visit your User Control Panel, then under the Profile tab, select Edit signature, and then place the URL of the image you want and bracket it with the img /img tags as you would in a post.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Speaking of level announcements, I was shocked people didn't find out something was going on when INH said he was picking 2, then Jigsaw picked 2, and then Jigsaw claimed he found Fetus! I agree with you, Russ, I thought that would be an automatic baddie caught as well, but maybe not?

And speaking of Jigsaw, I know he enjoyed it, but was pretty busy, a complete newbie, and his computer died before the game started so he had to play from his phone! I found it absolutely hilarious, given that, that his track record of voting baddies in this game was by far the best of any civvie... because he kept going after Devin! :haha: Unfortunately, I think after Devin got other players to vote for him, it scared him off, haha.[/b][/color]
Wow! I came after that, so I didn't notice it. It's a really good thing civs didn't all start voting INH. Though I guess he wouldn't have died. And kudos to Jigsaw for his strong play! My first game I voted 3 civs, role blocked 3 others, and then died.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Russtifinko wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Speaking of level announcements, I was shocked people didn't find out something was going on when INH said he was picking 2, then Jigsaw picked 2, and then Jigsaw claimed he found Fetus! I agree with you, Russ, I thought that would be an automatic baddie caught as well, but maybe not?

And speaking of Jigsaw, I know he enjoyed it, but was pretty busy, a complete newbie, and his computer died before the game started so he had to play from his phone! I found it absolutely hilarious, given that, that his track record of voting baddies in this game was by far the best of any civvie... because he kept going after Devin! :haha: Unfortunately, I think after Devin got other players to vote for him, it scared him off, haha.[/b][/color]
Wow! I came after that, so I didn't notice it. It's a really good thing civs didn't all start voting INH. Though I guess he wouldn't have died. And kudos to Jigsaw for his strong play! My first game I voted 3 civs, role blocked 3 others, and then died.
Indeed, but I figured that's why INH was taking the risky move of announcing the same levels he was putting Bandage Girl in, because even if they had found him out, he would have been unlynchable.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, for those interested, next up in the MP installment of speed games...

Coming soon to a speed game queue near you!!
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by Draconus »

WOOT!!!! :yay: :fiesta: :lorab: Sorry civs :feb:

I found it really funny (and frustrating!!!) that Jigsaw had 100% baddy voting accuracy! It was because of him and INH missing 2 Day polls that I lost so many lives! Because INH had infinite lives, MP randomized which of his teammates would be punished. It just turned out to be me each time :mad:
Also, sorry llama! I wanted to gain the trust of a prominent player who was on the verge of being lynched :p I knew we would be in trouble when you replaced in, that's why I targeted you with one of Night attacks. We reached Chapter 5 just in time. I still had all 3 of my maggots, although 1 had 1 life left. So I attacked Epi with both of my other attacks. This is why INH challenged Epi in Chapter 6 first. We knew he couldn't have that many lives left!
It may have seemed like the baddies had this game in the bag, but we were kept on our toes every step of the way!

Anyway, thanks for a great game everyone!!! We had a blast!!!

A special thanks to my incredible team!!! They played an amazing game! We couldn't have asked for better replacements! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by Draconus »

Oh!!! And sorry Vompatti! I figured out pretty early that you were Bandage Girl ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote: Also, sorry llama! I wanted to gain the trust of a prominent player who was on the verge of being lynched :p I knew we would be in trouble when you replaced in, that's why I targeted you with one of Night attacks.
You scoundrel! You played an amazing game. I was really convinced you were good. I hope your victory was worth the price of my trust.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”