[TOWN WIN] Cool Bug Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 708
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: [D3] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by Wiml »

Wolf-Michelle doesn't have an incentive to push on me today or break the PoE.

If she were wolfing he could have easily coasted this game without needing to do any of that and trying to break the current PoE really doesn't increase her odds of winning as a wolf.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Re: [D1] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:37 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:36 am Lime Coke dipping after getting pushed, not caring to solve and only coming back for a lolcat-style post gives me a good idea about his alignment atp.
same impression
Yes, sadly, for me as well.
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:42 am It feels like we have w/w wagons
Expanding on my earlier question about this:

Even if you thought the wagons were plausibly w/w, why not go for the player who you acknowledged was visibly lolcatting over a player you scumread but could have easily been mistaken on?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Although tbf I'm very doubtful that wolf-Michelle wouldn't have bussed Lime Coke after the point in time that the latter went into antispew.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

New Lime Coke scum game just dropped.

His interactions with partners in those games lines up with what I've previously observed (he doesn't like interacting with them unprompted and when he's asked for reads on them he's pretty overexplainy so that looks good for Abigail).
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Hmm

Might be a coincidence but I've gone through like 4 games of Lime's for spew and he's never townread a teammate unprompted in his initial reads in any of those games. He always seems to wait and see how others view them and go along with that for D1.

Looks good for Michelle + something to consider looking into if we desperately need a better read on Kate's slot.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Re: [D2] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:53 pmI am willing to debate the Quin is villager route regardless the fact that today we have to clear the Poe by voting him out.
Michelle wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:06 pm That's a PoV we'll check first by flipping Quin
Michelle wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:20 pm
Wiml wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:19 pm Alright, I'll move my vote onto Quin shortly then unless anybody requests more time.
Do whatsoever you want, I will not vote anyway, and I said what I wanted to say.
Bruh.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I wanted to double check I hadn't mistakenly hammered without checking with Michelle because of the case and everything surrounding it.

But no, I made my intent to hammer pretty clear and got approval from her to do so.

This is obviously before I point out that other players like JJJ were pushing for the hammer at least as vocally as me if not moreso and every player had checked in at least once while we were discussing hammers.

And the case has a long list of other logical flaws that I won't get into for time reasons but shrug I think atp I don't need to address this in any more detail.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 295

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:01 am Good morning!
I feel the game is stagnant.

Probably not the best day to go outside the PoE because of low activity.

I see Wilgy is choosing the easiest path.
Yes, why would I do differently as it stands?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle's case on me in this scenario was actually very towny though:

1. It's completely unnecessary for wolf-Michelle's wincon (and, if anything, actively harmful) to try to overthrow the previously established PoE of Epi/Kate/Wilgy (with Abigail being the next in the consensus line of fire and Michelle in no danger at all) nor was I a player in an easy-to-miselim position at SoD3. Coming into D3 casing me would be a big risk and I really don't see what sort of reward wolf-Michelle would get from it.

2. The frustration behind the case clearly stemmed from frustration at Quin being hammered and I think it's pretty obvious that Michelle was genuinely frustrated at me as a result of that happening. Regardless of if that frustration is justifiable to be aimed at me or not, the actual source of the frustration itself is very towny since a wolf doesn't really have a reason to get annoyed at a villager getting hammered by villagers. A wolf should be happy about that in basically every circumstance and method acting otherwise isn't something that I believe is in Michelle's wolf range.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Pending question answers, I feel as comfortable as I think I can reasonably be that Michelle is town.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

(And that comfort level is high enough that I'd bet the game on it)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I'll probably not end up voting Kate today because of her last post.

Gonna wait and see what happens there first.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Does wolf-Wilgy ever N1 Falcon?

I guess it's kind of understandable if Wilgy is expected to have a godread on Falcon and could never feasibly push him but seems like a suboptimal kill for him still.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:05 am @Michelle what was your read on Brad towards EoD1?

I think I remember that you acknowledged that he seemed to be lolcatting, what kept your vote on Abigail in those circumstances?
I agreed with the wagon on him but I also wanted to keep the cw active. I couldn't wake up so I missed the Eod completely.

The explanation is easy, I thought Abigail had w/w equity with Brad

I am sure that Brad didn't want to give material for spew analysis and his mate was universally TR or at least not in big danger. You have the best position but your idea about bussing gives me a second thought... Maybe I am on the wrong track and I have to reconsider?

Now I have to catch up, but I am here for a while

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Re: [D1] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:55 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:37 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:36 am Lime Coke dipping after getting pushed, not caring to solve and only coming back for a lolcat-style post gives me a good idea about his alignment atp.
same impression
Yes, sadly, for me as well.
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:42 am It feels like we have w/w wagons
Expanding on my earlier question about this:

Even if you thought the wagons were plausibly w/w, why not go for the player who you acknowledged was visibly lolcatting over a player you scumread but could have easily been mistaken on?
Wagonomics.

Also townies are often affraid of big wagons. Someone scum read by everyone and their dog with a staganant wagon is often a mischop and many players know that and try an EoD flash wagon

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:36 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:05 am @Michelle what was your read on Brad towards EoD1?

I think I remember that you acknowledged that he seemed to be lolcatting, what kept your vote on Abigail in those circumstances?
I agreed with the wagon on him but I also wanted to keep the cw active. I couldn't wake up so I missed the Eod completely.

The explanation is easy, I thought Abigail had w/w equity with Brad

I am sure that Brad didn't want to give material for spew analysis and his mate was universally TR or at least not in big danger. You have the best position but your idea about bussing gives me a second thought... Maybe I am on the wrong track and I have to reconsider?

Now I have to catch up, but I am here for a while
I think Brad only truly entered antispew without trying to save himself at the time he voted me and dipped. At that point in time he was already thoroughly screwed but didn't immediately seem aware of it.

15 minutes or so earlier he townread me and seemed to be reading up and that seemed like he was preparing to try to save himself to me and then gave up.

Prior to that point I think he just had low WIM.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

But yeah, that was the explanation I expected and I'm fine with that.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I'm doing another series of checks but I feel pretty confident that the last wolf is within Epi/Wilgy/Kate now.

Kate I think is possibly the most likely villager in the group and I'm probably not voting her slot today.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:01 am Although tbf I'm very doubtful that wolf-Michelle wouldn't have bussed Lime Coke after the point in time that the latter went into antispew.
I don't know. The decision of bussing or not bussing depends on the game.
I don't like to bus. It's boring. But in this game would probably become a necessity due to Brad's behaviour.
But also if I were with him in scum chat I would probably ask him to make a circus in the thread and try to make him active and evade the chop.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:42 am I wanted to double check I hadn't mistakenly hammered without checking with Michelle because of the case and everything surrounding it.

But no, I made my intent to hammer pretty clear and got approval from her to do so.

This is obviously before I point out that other players like JJJ were pushing for the hammer at least as vocally as me if not moreso and every player had checked in at least once while we were discussing hammers.

And the case has a long list of other logical flaws that I won't get into for time reasons but shrug I think atp I don't need to address this in any more detail.
My bad, that was not a hammer approval, it was rather me giving up in front of your stubbornness to brush off anything I said

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:45 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:01 am Although tbf I'm very doubtful that wolf-Michelle wouldn't have bussed Lime Coke after the point in time that the latter went into antispew.
I don't know. The decision of bussing or not bussing depends on the game.
I don't like to bus. It's boring. But in this game would probably become a necessity due to Brad's behaviour.
But also if I were with him in scum chat I would probably ask him to make a circus in the thread and try to make him active and evade the chop.
Yeah, I would have done exactly the same if I needed to bus there so I get you completely.

That's part of why I'm so confident. Brad's behaviour doesn't match at all with your approach.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:49 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:42 am I wanted to double check I hadn't mistakenly hammered without checking with Michelle because of the case and everything surrounding it.

My bad, that was not a hammer approval, it was rather me giving up in front of your stubbornness to brush off anything I said
It's completely fine but at least now I hope you can see why I went ahead with it lol.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:27 am Does wolf-Wilgy ever N1 Falcon?

I guess it's kind of understandable if Wilgy is expected to have a godread on Falcon and could never feasibly push him but seems like a suboptimal kill for him still.
Wolf Wilgy will do whatever it takes to give villagers a hard time

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:51 am

It's completely fine but at least now I hope you can see why I went ahead with it lol.
No, I don't, but please let's not divert the discussion into that. What I wanted to say and what you think I said will not solve the game.

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:52 am

There was a point on D1 where I said "I disagree with the disassociatives, a Wilgy/Lime team seems like it could work" or something like that.

He's got guts if he let me live this long after saying that even if it's not super clearing for him.

And otoh I don't think falcon was the optimal N1K for any possible wolf besides Epi tbh (or maybe you).
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I would lose to wolf Wiml and I am ok with that.

I don't like Wilgy's lack of solve. I wouldn't want to lose to that

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:55 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:51 am

No, I don't, but please let's not divert the discussion into that. What I wanted to say and what you think I said will not solve the game.
Fine, just please read D2 again at some point I this is something you're going to push again because a lot of what you said is kind of factually incorrect.

I don't really intend to discuss this any more though.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

@_ExLight has replaced @Kate. Please do not discuss substitutions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Welcome to the game Exlight!

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Welcome Ex!
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml I will bbl

_ExLight
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: whatever

Post by _ExLight »

Hiiii
gonna be a bit busy today cuz my college classes are starting again today but I'd appreciate if I was given a bit more time to catch up with what's happening so far
no idea what the setup is, but I'm town vanilla

skimmed thread very quickly and from my understanding I'm in the PoE due to inactivity
seeing a lot of familiar faces here

Michelle you seem super familiar but I can't remember which game I played with you in the past
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

We're looking for the final wolf rn.

You're in basically every PoE because your slot has only posted twice since D1 and was in the PoE before then.
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

how much did my slot post in D1?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I'm willing to give Ex a day pass to catch up.

Iirc he's a pretty readable player so this is a good sub for us.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:06 am how much did my slot post in D1?
41 times.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

We flipped a wolf on D1 and Kate was seen as the most likely partner at the time.

Not much has changed since then. I think Kate's ISO is a mixed bag.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Setup is no power roles, only 1 wolf remaining with 6 villagers.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

So as long as we narrow the pool down to three names where the wolf is definitely inside, we are golden.

My three names are Epignosis/Wilgy/you.
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

yea that seems like a pretty bad spot for my slot lmfao

dunno about me being very readable but I'll try my best to prove I'm town

I'll do a better catch up tonight whenever I get home but by then I think day phase will be over without an extension?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:11 am yea that seems like a pretty bad spot for my slot lmfao

dunno about me being very readable but I'll try my best to prove I'm town

I'll do a better catch up tonight whenever I get home but by then I think day phase will be over without an extension?
Yeah, it will be but I'll advocate for not voting you today.

You might need to be around to self pres vote though.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Highly unlikely. People often misread Falcon, so you have the people that can soulread the slot vs those who cant and it causes tension that I as W like to take advantage of.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

since ties are randomized would mafia win with parity or do they also need to win the 1v1?

I think my slot will always cause paranoia and I'd be fine with being removed cuz of the PoE but I don't think it will give much info
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:09 am My three names are Epignosis/Wilgy/you.
That seems like a fairly small PoE, why these three specifically?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:13 am

Highly unlikely. People often misread Falcon, so you have the people that can soulread the slot vs those who cant and it causes tension that I as W like to take advantage of.
Seems fair to me.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:59 am I would lose to wolf Wiml and I am ok with that.

I don't like Wilgy's lack of solve. I wouldn't want to lose to that
Is not this contrary to:
Michelle wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:52 am

Further, I am solving. I'm choosing to trust the process as I defined. The PoE I decided on D1 before flip was a good one and I need to see that one through a bit more before I go jumping to bite at things or reassess. I just think that's what the gamestate we are in needs (this is what I advised earlier.) Thinking on it too much and straying away from PoE until we have more data will do nothing but enable me to be manipulated.
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:14 am since ties are randomized would mafia win with parity or do they also need to win the 1v1?

I think my slot will always cause paranoia and I'd be fine with being removed cuz of the PoE but I don't think it will give much info
Mafia wins at parity (which happens if we vote out three villagers without voting the wolf).

I'd much rather you try to self clear if town because on the off chance that my PoE is wrong I need to find somebody in it as town.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Welcome ExLight.

Guess the PoE plan is off now because this changes too much.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
Image Image Image
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

ngl I really hate lynching scum early on because it makes infinitely harder to find the remaining ones due to less interactions

ime scum actually has better odds when they lose scumbuds early on which is a pain

Return to “Previous Hustles”