BOOM!!!! (host, deadies, non-players)
42%

Total votes: 12
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Re: [DAY 5] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by timmer »

I can put myself in "civvie FH" and "baddie FH"'s theoretical shoes and see different reasons for revealing versus not, so the whole thing is impossible to really gauge imo. The sticky point is basically what BWT said. This all started with FH choosing the "wrong" color by mistake. That, more than anything, is troublesome.

@Boats, buddy, I'm hoping to see a little more from you. Just saying you are going to "trust people" now is an empty-sounding statement that just sounds like you are posting to post. Who are your suspects? Why? Who do you feel is civvie?
My siggie.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

the other troublesome part, is that she said first she chose the colors because they were her fav. then said, after I got them I realized the color code, but then forgot again (?) and chose green...?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Dom »

Kate wrote:the other troublesome part, is that she said first she chose the colors because they were her fav. then said, after I got them I realized the color code, but then forgot again (?) and chose green...?
T H I S

Did you HAVE to reveal the secrets to everyone? (anyone who has read a book)
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

NO, it was optional.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Kate wrote:NO, it was optional.
OK, well her decision to publish Zappa doesn't incriminate her as much as reading the Green book in general. :p It's possible that Zappa could go baddie, so that's kind of good to know.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Flyin' High »

If the secret hadn't been about the potential of Zappa turning to the dark side I'd have kept it to myself. Also, as you can see, there are two different shades of green. The lighter, second shade was a secret that even Zappa himself didn't know. So I decided I'd be doing him a favor by revealing it.

I had the best of civvie intentions in mind.

And sorry for being absent-minded and picking the wrong book. Just like with me making the occasional mistake in voting records, I am not perfect. :sigh:

@Dom: There was over 48 hours between me choosing the two books I wanted and then deciding which book to read--so yes, me forgetting and making a foolishly hasty decision is totally possible. It's not like I made the connecting then forgot it two minutes later.
ImageImage

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Flyin' High wrote:If the secret hadn't been about the potential of Zappa turning to the dark side I'd have kept it to myself. Also, as you can see, there are two different shades of green. The lighter, second shade was a secret that even Zappa himself didn't know. So I decided I'd be doing him a favor by revealing it.

I had the best of civvie intentions in mind.

And sorry for being absent-minded and picking the wrong book. Just like with me making the occasional mistake in voting records, I am not perfect. :sigh:

@Dom: There was over 48 hours between me choosing the two books I wanted and then deciding which book to read--so yes, me forgetting and making a foolishly hasty decision is totally possible. It's not like I made the connecting then forgot it two minutes later.
:eye:
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

Well, this is all very interesting.

BWT...So, you won a prize for finishing 3rd in the poker tournament? I finished 2nd and didn't win anything. The only thing I got from the poker tournament was the -1 vote which everyone ended up being a part of. :ponder:
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

Flyin' High wrote:@Kate: Again, if you knew I had a book, or guessed (which makes sense, not arguing that) why do you not find it strange that BWT didn't win his book from the same contest as you and me? I'm not sure what it means, personally, I just find it odd.
Correct me if i am wrong, but this reads like a textbook example of a classic distraction. There is more than one way to win a prize :shrug:

I am not sure what i think of this. FH sounds very plausible, but then she always does. And i know her to be competent and really, really smart. I don;t know that I buy all this "Whoopsy, silly me, i forgot :bounce: "

I just did a skim, I have to reread more deeply, and then do the reread i said I planned to do.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

reywaS wrote:Well, this is all very interesting.

BWT...So, you won a prize for finishing 3rd in the poker tournament? I finished 2nd and didn't win anything. The only thing I got from the poker tournament was the -1 vote which everyone ended up being a part of. :ponder:
:ponder:
My siggie.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Don't let her divert your attn timmer.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Kate wrote:Don't let her divert your attn timmer.
I typed a post to say this to timmer and you beat me. :|
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I think she was just hoping I wouldn't be able to figure it or have the balls to call her on it in the thread.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

HM

Books

Also I think BWT meant 3rd in the posting challenge, and mistyped. That way would actually make sense.

And for the record I believe there are benefits for us to be able to know what other civs are capable of as well. I mean, Damo Suzuki just killed a civvie last night. Their actions affect us this game too, not just those of the baddies.
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Not benefits that outweigh the benefits of knowing baddie powers, but it's not a total loss. I do buy that she wasn't thinking about the colors. BWT said he made the connection that red=indy himself, so it can't have been explicitly explained with the doling of the prize
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [NIGHT 3] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 3: The Ultimate Event - Results

RankPlayer# of Posts# of Words# of TheoriesTotal Score
1Flyin' High16157531713
2Kate41122511378
3birdwithteeth1110129211352
4Mr. Droopy Cash19122411311
5S~V~S18115531299
6reywaS166103748
7triceratopzeuhl186091693
8DharmaHelper235950664
9Epignosis114683591
10chaindeath44691511
11Benthayer15/juliets24221458
12AceofSpaces74031454
13rabbit8153781453
14Captain Bunny Killer43650377
15DisgruntledPorcupine172371318
16LittleTiger62890307
17insertnamehere111901253
18BoatsBoatsBoats61521200
19Jokreher11580161
20Vompatti101110141
21Boomslang61210139
22The Truth71160137
23Roxy0000
Total Score = (# of Posts x 3) + (# of Words x 1) + (# of Theories x 30)

Theories must be original (theories copied from another player do not count) and must meet the host's subjective judgment of what a theory constitutes. When grading, be sure to note the difference between suspicion and theory.
Clearly off-topic posts/content are not eligible.

Flyin' High wins first place!
Kate wins second place!
birdwithteeth11 wins third place!
[/color]
Yeah that would be my guess too.

Yay for trying to make something out of nothing Image
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Hey uh Sockface, should you change Roxy to read Timmer in the lynch poll?
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:HM

Books

Also I think BWT meant 3rd in the posting challenge, and mistyped. That way would actually make sense.

And for the record I believe there are benefits for us to be able to know what other civs are capable of as well. I mean, Damo Suzuki just killed a civvie last night. Their actions affect us this game too, not just those of the baddies.

But that's not what he said or meant. He later clarified that he did, in fact, win the book prize from the poker tournament and that he won some other prize from the posting challenge. If he misspoke, I would think he would come back and say so. This seems very strange to me.
Some day, Some day
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Can you quote that, I haven't found it yet?
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

are you talking to me?
Some day, Some day
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:@FH: Nope. I won it from the poker tournament. I ended up finishing 3rd, so I was assuming the rest of the top 2 won another book. I guess I was wrong.

And yeah, if you had both green and purple, what was your reasoning for choosing green over purple? I at least figured the red book had something to do with the indy roles, so I'm sure you could have figured it out based on the book colors.
NVM, here it is

Still, I don;t think the source of the prize is all that big of a deal. Actually, implying it did kinda makes FH look more guilty to me.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

reywaS wrote:are you talking to me?
i was. You made a stement about what someone said without quoting it, so I asked to see it, but then found it myself :)
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

You don't think it's strange that bwt said he won a prize in the poker tourney for finishing 3rd when I finished 2nd and didn't win anything?
Some day, Some day
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Books

Huh? Chain death? Was he confirmed somehow?
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Kate wrote:

Books

I was about to comment on this, too. So, this is me asking the same question as Kate. :D
Some day, Some day
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

reywaS wrote:You don't think it's strange that bwt said he won a prize in the poker tourney for finishing 3rd when I finished 2nd and didn't win anything?
Maybe, but the point was that he won a prize. Maybe he misunderstood where he won it, or misstated. But Kate says he won a prize, and so does FH. He won one. The issue I thought was what was done with the prize. BWT won a prize and revealed a baddie secret.

As opposed to FH who revealed a civvie secret.

This appears to just be a distraction to me. He won a prize, obviously. I am sure the source will be determined at some point.

@MP~ Mr Sox, will you tell us how BWT won a prize?
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

He's saying he won 2 prizes. He says he got the book from the poker tournament whereas FH and Kate say that their books came from the posting challenge. BWT says he won something completely different from the posting challenge. It all seems strange to me.
Some day, Some day
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Maybe it is strange. Maybe he is lying about prizes, maybe he is hoarding prizes in a closet. That does not change the fact though that he somehow won a book and revealed a baddie secret, and she did not :shrug:

So it is an interesting sidelight, and I hope he comes in and clears it up. But it does not make me less suspicious of FH.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Kate wrote:I think she was just hoping I wouldn't be able to figure it or have the balls to call her on it in the thread.
That whole exchange was excellent! I am actually pretty shocked that FH confessed in the way she did - you are a good lawyer :D I find it very odd that FH would choose to read the green book vs the purple book. :ponder:
reywaS wrote:He's saying he won 2 prizes. He says he got the book from the poker tournament whereas FH and Kate say that their books came from the posting challenge. BWT says he won something completely different from the posting challenge. It all seems strange to me.
That is strange. Not sure it amounts to anything though. Just odd though....
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Hey uh Sockface, should you change Roxy to read Timmer in the lynch poll?
If he does that, it will reset the poll.
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

S~V~S wrote:Maybe it is strange. Maybe he is lying about prizes, maybe he is hoarding prizes in a closet. That does not change the fact though that he somehow won a book and revealed a baddie secret, and she did not :shrug:

So it is an interesting sidelight, and I hope he comes in and clears it up. But it does not make me less suspicious of FH.
I'm not trying to lessen any suspicion on FH. :D I agree with it.
Some day, Some day
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
All Books of Knowledge were awarded as the result of the posting challenge. Not the poker tournament.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thank You O Wooly One
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I cannot reset the poll, but I realize I accidentally left Roxy instead of putting Dom.

If you wish to vote for Dom, please vote Roxy.
If you wish to vote for timmer, please vote Captain Bunny Killer.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I would like to ask a favor. There is a picture in the Six Feet Under game submission of a lime green hearse right at the top of the page. Kate says she cannot see it, but i can, in all formats. Can you guys look at it and let us know if you see it (post it in the thread, not this one, lol)

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=3714#p3714
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, I cannot reset the poll, but I realize I accidentally left Roxy instead of putting Dom.

If you wish to vote for Dom, please vote Roxy.
If you wish to vote for timmer, please vote Captain Bunny Killer.
er yeah that was what I meant
reywaS wrote:
But that's not what he said or meant. He later clarified that he did, in fact, win the book prize from the poker tournament and that he won some other prize from the posting challenge. If he misspoke, I would think he would come back and say so. This seems very strange to me.
On re-read, you're right. And yet Alex claims otherwise. Would BWT have any motivation to lie about that, or was he just confused
Kate wrote:

Books

I keep mistyping things that make me look like an idiot, it should have said something like killed (as a civvie) last night.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

In regards to Damo Suzuki, my initial interpretation of his role definitely didn't involve a night kill. The impression I got was that giving people objects from the bag is supposed to be a good thing, and yet somebody just got killed by it. Like I said earlier, Damo might have had no control over it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ha ha, in my experience objects from a bag can be lethal. I have had people with similar roles give me bombs. You never know :)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

reywaS wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Maybe it is strange. Maybe he is lying about prizes, maybe he is hoarding prizes in a closet. That does not change the fact though that he somehow won a book and revealed a baddie secret, and she did not :shrug:

I'm just as suspicious of FH but i think the bwt thing is important on its own. Why would he win something and the #2 person didn't? It doesn't seem like he mispoke because he clarified in the thread. Until bwt explains it or MP does, I will be suspicious there as well as FH.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MP Said he won it in the posting contest. It's like 5 posts up ^^
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

juliets wrote:
reywaS wrote:

I'm just as suspicious of FH but i think the bwt thing is important on its own. Why would he win something and the #2 person didn't? It doesn't seem like he mispoke because he clarified in the thread. Until bwt explains it or MP does, I will be suspicious there as well as FH.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
All Books of Knowledge were awarded as the result of the posting challenge. Not the poker tournament.
See above, juliets - MP did already clarify.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 265

Post by DharmaHelper »

Vote LT
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

Any reason why?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yeah.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

Okay, just making sure.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Any reason why?

1. In both the Droopy and Vomp votes, LT voted within 1 vote of Aces and Boats. I want to check the validity of the "baddies phoned it in"theory.
2. LT's response to my vote analysis was blown up and over the top, classic baddie LT.
3. LT's ignored me going after her all day today. Didn't even comment on me saying I'd vote for her unless someone confessed. Civvie LT would not have let that go.

So. There you go. Reasons.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*Sigh*

Because she is on a Venn diagram somewhere and has not been subject to a bandwagon, i would guess.

DH, I so want to believe you at times, but you make it so hard </3

Linki~ civvies can vote in clusters as well.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well, whatever.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

See, the problem is your clusters always have people i think are civvies in them. :|

So, yeah.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:*Sigh*

Because she is on a Venn diagram somewhere and has not been subject to a bandwagon, i would guess.

DH, I so want to believe you at times, but you make it so hard </3

Linki~ civvies can vote in clusters as well.
2. LT's response to my vote analysis was blown up and over the top, classic baddie LT.
3. LT's ignored me going after her all day today. Didn't even comment on me saying I'd vote for her unless someone confessed. Civvie LT would not have let that go.

ImageImage
ImageImage
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

timmer wrote: @Boats, buddy, I'm hoping to see a little more from you. Just saying you are going to "trust people" now is an empty-sounding statement that just sounds like you are posting to post. Who are your suspects? Why? Who do you feel is civvie?
I've been studying for finals, so I guess that's my only excuse. At this point, I really see everyone as a civ until proven otherwise. I've been doing this ever since Vomps was lynched and I was absolutely convinced that he was a baddie.

Return to “Previous Jobs”