The 7th Saga [END, JJJ IS A DOOFUS]

Moderator: Community Team

Choose a vegetable or fruit to hurl at the host.

Tomato
17%
Broccoli
No votes
Butternut squash
50%
Aubergine
17%
Tangerine
17%

Total votes: 6
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 319

Re: The 7th Saga [Night 2]

Post by MacDougall »

I think that the answer is that whatever you decide it is just important that we know in the event you get shot. The actual decision you make is rather inconsequential. If you choose to holster here I actually think there is a greater chance of you dying because you firing your last round at f5 is actually harder for the mafia to deal with than it is tonight. I don't think the mafia are side by side right now (LC/1612 or LC/Mac) so I don't think you can block the kill.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Then again there is a chance you get a save if you wifom your block and the mafia pick wrong but then if you die we don't know who we can or can't clear off it.

Dilemma.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The other thing to consider is that you getting a save here is actually kinda not that big of a deal.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I guess if you can stop a kill on myself or 1612 that's kinda good.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If we get a save tonight we do have good information but if we sleep tomorrow the mafia will just kill whoever is most clear and we do/will have clears.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would be surprised if the team isn't just LC and Ted though.

[mention]Long Con[/mention] you said you were definitely dying tonight. I find that very unlikely because even if you are town and the cop whatever you claim tomorrow is gonna get ignored and you're getting get chopped anyway.

So if you're town I'd suggest trying to make it appear like you are, because you aren't doing that atm. Who will you be checking?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Fatmo[/mention] I've come to think that perhaps you should holster.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:25 pm I would be surprised if the team isn't just LC and Ted though.

@Long Con you said you were definitely dying tonight. I find that very unlikely because even if you are town and the cop whatever you claim tomorrow is gonna get ignored and you're getting get chopped anyway.

So if you're town I'd suggest trying to make it appear like you are, because you aren't doing that atm. Who will you be checking?
Ok. *does supertown dance*

Who should I check?
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 145

Post by Fatmo »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:25 pm @Fatmo I've come to think that perhaps you should holster.
Good to know. I was beginning to lean that way after looking at 1612's reasoning.

I'll still be thinking about it but good to have both of your opinions.

LC and Ted, you might as well chime in with your opinions as well.
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:25 pm I would be surprised if the team isn't just LC and Ted though.

@Long Con you said you were definitely dying tonight. I find that very unlikely because even if you are town and the cop whatever you claim tomorrow is gonna get ignored and you're getting get chopped anyway.

Ok. *does supertown dance*

Who should I check?
Who are you compelled to check LC?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Getting a save isn’t really the goal it would be to create clears after LC flips. If LC flips red it gives two clears (Mac plus one), one who will be alive at f3

I mean if it saves the kill obviously that’s great cause it means you hit the team, but the point of saving tonight is more to get clears imo

This is assuming that an LC kill is locked in and we accept that we lose if he’s town, if it’s not then the calculus changes
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:42 pm Getting a save isn’t really the goal it would be to create clears after LC flips. If LC flips red it gives two clears (Mac plus one), one who will be alive at f3

I mean if it saves the kill obviously that’s great cause it means you hit the team, but the point of saving tonight is more to get clears imo

This is assuming that an LC kill is locked in and we accept that we lose if he’s town, if it’s not then the calculus changes
Do you accept that?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I feel like it's a bit 50/50. I'm kinda locked in to LC worlds and if LC is mafia I think town are in an okay position but the risk is that with Hally being the counterwagon and 1612 and Fatmo both heavily townreading her that his teammate wasn't able to actually get off the bus vote to save him and in that scenario he was saved by only town. We probably lose in that world.

The game feels really rather locked in and if LC is town or 1612 and Fatmo are mafia I think we're losing. If LC is mafia and 1612 and Fatmo are town, we will be winning this game.

I am townreading Nook over Ted and LC but the town within this group really have to try to make themselves known especially if it's LC or Ted.

The way I’m looking at it is that if the mafia is mac I lose this game one way or the other 98% of the time

If the mafia is Fatmo it might be winnable but I doubt it

If the mafia is 1612 I’m gonna say I told you so but it won’t matter because literally everyone is bending over backwards to say they’re town

So basically if the team isn’t ted/LC then I think we probably just lose 90% of the time or whatever so I’m ok accelerating the game on the assumption that LC is mafia and if we lose it’s whatever and if we win awesome
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Do you think LC is mafia tho? Because LC being mafia is half the reason I am sure Alison and 1612 aren't. Alison is never partners with LC the way they engaged d1.

I don’t know dude

I mean

He probably is but he doesn’t look like mafia to me

But I’m notably bad at reading LC, the only time I’ve correctly scumread him was cause there was no world that made any sense for him to be town

And even then I backed off it before actually killing him so 🤷‍♀️

If I had the roleblock I’d probably toss a coin between blocking LC/...whoever is next to LC that isn’t you. 1612 I guess? Or blocking ted/1612 to close off that world

I honestly don’t know which is better or if it’s better to holster, although my gut says it’s not better to holster if we assume Fatmo town
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:02 am If I had the roleblock I’d probably toss a coin between blocking LC/...whoever is next to LC that isn’t you. 1612 I guess? Or blocking ted/1612 to close off that world

I honestly don’t know which is better or if it’s better to holster, although my gut says it’s not better to holster if we assume Fatmo town
Did you look at 1612's math/mech post arguing that I should holster? You still think overall it's better if I try to RB?
Image Image

Idk why I’m agonizing over this when I’m just gonna get a parity check tonight and solve from that

Fatmo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:02 am If I had the roleblock I’d probably toss a coin between blocking LC/...whoever is next to LC that isn’t you. 1612 I guess? Or blocking ted/1612 to close off that world

Did you look at 1612's math/mech post arguing that I should holster? You still think overall it's better if I try to RB?
If you holster you die 🤷‍♀️

You probably die anyways tbh
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:05 am
Fatmo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 am

If you holster you die 🤷‍♀️

You probably die anyways tbh
I'm OK dying if overall it gives the highest chance to help solve. I'm just wondering your gut opinions here either way because I know you have a good feel for this kind of stuff.
Image Image
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

So obviously if I RB, I've gotta say who I'm doing it to. And mac is probably right that there aren't two scum next to each other. If the team is LC and Ted.
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nah if Fatmo uses his power he will live the night because he's effectively useless at f5 and is in two minds and not cleared through LC the way I am.

If Fatmo holsters he will be shot tonight because he becomes a threat at f5.

The optimal situation for town imo is for Fatmo to holster.
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Gah this is hard lol.
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's not.

If you use your power tonight you will just live, I'll get shot because you can't block a kill and there goes your clear.

If you holster the mafia have to kill you because you will wreck them at f5. I'm still clear to the other town.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1612 »

1612 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:07 am
Hally - I have no fucking clue how you guys are pushing them so much. Can we PLEASE pivot to Long Con to clear Hally please please please??? I'm sorry but their frustration of not being able to find the pair is NOT crumbling mafia failing to find genuine scummy reasons, cmon. Por Favor!

LongCon - buddy, I feel like you just holy moly, I have this whole case against you and every response you gave seemed like an excuse. I am sorry but I think you are MAFIA. You also townread tedxtr and now you vote him up and once again I just feel a lack of.... interest and unknown attitude with your votes. It all SCREAMS self-pres. I Must believe you are mafia here or else I really don't know what I'll do.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:58 pm The way I’m looking at it is that if the mafia is mac I lose this game one way or the other 98% of the time

If the mafia is 1612 I’m gonna say I told you so but it won’t matter because literally everyone is bending over backwards to say they’re town

So basically if the team isn’t ted/LC then I think we probably just lose 90% of the time or whatever so I’m ok accelerating the game on the assumption that LC is mafia and if we lose it’s whatever and if we win awesome
Hmmm, do you town read Long Con more than me? You think I was begging to flip Long Con over Hally for what? A bus and town cred? Town on town open wolfing?
If you paid half attention to Hally maybe we could be in a much better spot.
Hally wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:07 am what if you actually explained your vote or like literally anything else beyond the bare minimum
You haven't told us anything bud
The Mark

Post by 1612 »

🤷‍♀️

I think using it is better but idc enough to argue it

1612 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:12 am
1612 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:07 am
Hally - I have no fucking clue how you guys are pushing them so much. Can we PLEASE pivot to Long Con to clear Hally please please please??? I'm sorry but their frustration of not being able to find the pair is NOT crumbling mafia failing to find genuine scummy reasons, cmon. Por Favor!

LongCon - buddy, I feel like you just holy moly, I have this whole case against you and every response you gave seemed like an excuse. I am sorry but I think you are MAFIA. You also townread tedxtr and now you vote him up and once again I just feel a lack of.... interest and unknown attitude with your votes. It all SCREAMS self-pres. I Must believe you are mafia here or else I really don't know what I'll do.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:58 pm The way I’m looking at it is that if the mafia is mac I lose this game one way or the other 98% of the time

Hmmm, do you town read Long Con more than me? You think I was begging to flip Long Con over Hally for what? A bus and town cred? Town on town open wolfing?
If you paid half attention to Hally maybe we could be in a much better spot.
Hally wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:07 am what if you actually explained your vote or like literally anything else beyond the bare minimum
You haven't told us anything bud
I clearly paid attention, insinuating that because I failed to correctly TR her means that I wasn’t paying attention is insulting. I tried to read her, I failed, it happens, life goes on
The Mark

Post by 1612 »

Fatmo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:09 am Gah this is hard lol.
I'd always hold here honestly, we got this

No we probably lose this game

Best case scenario the team is LC/ted, we kill LC tomorrow, Fatmo and mac both die to NKs, I vote correctly at KILO but in a great twist of irony 1612 ignores Mac’s read on me and votes me at f3 for the loss

And that’s the best case scenario

Apparently this is the game we’re all pessimists so I figured if everyone else is gonna do it I might as well too. Even if it is a shit-ass attitude to have.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We are all town talking to each other rn

This is why I low key want to rule out a 1612/LC or a 1612/ted team btw. It makes the game so much easier for me at f3, assuming we get there.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:21 am No we probably lose this game

Best case scenario the team is LC/ted, we kill LC tomorrow, Fatmo and mac both die to NKs, I vote correctly at KILO but in a great twist of irony 1612 ignores Mac’s read on me and votes me at f3 for the loss

And that’s the best case scenario

Apparently this is the game we’re all pessimists so I figured if everyone else is gonna do it I might as well too. Even if it is a shit-ass attitude to have.
I actually don't know what it was but yeah it was a really unusually hostile game tone
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:22 am We are all town talking to each other rn
I feel like there's a decent chance this is true.

It's also what Hally thought fwiw.
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:23 am This is why I low key want to rule out a 1612/LC or a 1612/ted team btw. It makes the game so much easier for me at f3, assuming we get there.
1612/Ted is a potential issue but 1612 is never with LC. And how is Fatmo meant to block 1612/Ted anyway? Aces both ways?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fatmo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:23 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:22 am We are all town talking to each other rn

She thought Nook was mafia not Ted? I wanted to yeet Ted and she defended him.

I mean

Ted Hally and co. consistently bemoaning “this game is so hard it sucks we’re gonna lose” then getting flipped off by Hally on her way out certainly doesn’t help

And the GM flipping me off with Cheshire Cat answers to basic fucking questions

And my playstyle being low key mocked at several points

I have so little drive this game I just can’t bring myself to care that much 🤷‍♀️

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:24 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:23 am This is why I low key want to rule out a 1612/LC or a 1612/ted team btw. It makes the game so much easier for me at f3, assuming we get there.
1612/Ted is a potential issue but 1612 is never with LC. And how is Fatmo meant to block 1612/Ted anyway? Aces both ways?
Yeh list wraps around is what Fatmo said
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Are you asking if I mechanically can block Ted/1612?

I asked JJJ and I could do that if I want a few hours ago. Because Ted is last and 1612 is first alphabetically.
Image Image

Maybe I’ll just sheep hally’s reads and blame her if they’re wrong 🤷‍♀️
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

I butchered that sentence but yea Nook is right
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:26 am I mean

Ted Hally and co. consistently bemoaning “this game is so hard it sucks we’re gonna lose” then getting flipped off by Hally on her way out certainly doesn’t help

And the GM flipping me off with Cheshire Cat answers to basic fucking questions

And my playstyle being low key mocked at several points

I have so little drive this game I just can’t bring myself to care that much 🤷‍♀️
Who is the GM?

What do you mean who is the GM
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Fatmo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:23 am

She thought Nook was mafia not Ted? I wanted to yeet Ted and she defended him.
Err there were definitely some points where she thought it was LC and Ted. But you're right that her read on Nook seemed to fluctuate. I forget where she was at when the day was done.
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Blocking ted/1612 is an interesting thought. Up to you Fatmo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:29 am What do you mean who is the GM
What? GM stands for?

Jay? The guy running the game??
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Nook, what do you think of blocking specifically 1612 and Ted?

1612, what do you think of that? I know you are really into the idea of holstering, but I'm trying to talk and reason these things out with all of you guys because this is pretty helpful.

Also LC and Ted. Opinions from both of you.
Image Image

Fatmo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:32 am Nook, what do you think of blocking specifically 1612 and Ted?

1612, what do you think of that? I know you are really into the idea of holstering, but I'm trying to talk and reason these things out with all of you guys because this is pretty helpful.

Also LC and Ted. Opinions from both of you.
Stop asking me questions I’ve already fucking answered like ten posts ago ffs

Return to “Previous Rackets”